Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
May 20, 2021 12:37 AM

May 2015
This is truly heartbreaking. Thank you for the manga you have created, The legacy you have left, and rest in piece.
May 20, 2021 12:40 AM

May 2009
Waking up and realizing that Kentaro Miura-sensei passed away is devastating. Berserk is my favourite manga of all time. He was a legend that left way too soon only at 54 years old. RIP
Gaming channel just for fun: https://www.youtube.com/cataorshane
May 20, 2021 12:41 AM
Jun 2020
Berserk has truly changed my life. It is my favorite fictional story of all time, Guts is my favorite character of all time, and Guts' story has inspired me to keep going during some of my own darkest times in life. No matter what, never stop struggling. Never stop trying. No matter how dark things get, never give up on hope. Many other series have these kinds of themes, but none of them address such themes in the way that Berserk does.

Rest in peace, Miura sensei. You and the wonderful manga that you created will forever hold an incredibly special place in my heart.
May 20, 2021 12:42 AM

Apr 2021
May he rest in peace. I was just planning to read berserk yesterday. Im sad now
May 20, 2021 12:47 AM

Oct 2012
Kinda lame way to end it honestly...
We are kinda at the point where manga already went into gutter and before the point where it was finished to accurately rate it..

Probably one of the most overrated manga series as it currently stands... yeah, there were the arcs which it's called masterpiece for and they were great.. but if every manga with a few superb arcs could be called masterpiece then we would have much more of them.

I honestly didn't expect much from the manga in the end, but it's sad that it will be impossible to confirm it, eh.

The series sure overall ended at an all time low where I wouldn't even give it more than 6/10.
May 20, 2021 12:47 AM

Jan 2014
Just heard the news so incredibly unfortunate and at such a young age of 54 I hope his loved ones have been holding up as best as they can from this abrupt tragedy.

Rest In Peace Kentaro Miura and thank you for weaving such an entertaining dark fantasy epic masterpiece from your imagination to your fingertips for all of us to enjoy!

Whether we have fans here from back in the 1980's or yesterday I know that we will all keep your memory alive as your work had quite an impact on so many of us and through your art and storytelling you will live on in our hearts and minds for years and years to come.

Wherever you may be I hope you are at peace and I wish the best for your family at this difficult time.

May 20, 2021 12:57 AM
Oct 2018
as someone who was inspired to draw from him and absolute god-like story. I just cannot believe this im so fucking sad man.............
May 20, 2021 12:58 AM

Apr 2020
Nooooooo
I can't believe it

I don't know what to say .... this is the worst news I have heard this year!

Thanks for writing this amazing manga, man!

RIP
"Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder"~Rumi

Mar 2009
Devastating and shocking. When I logged into twitter earlier, I thought it was a sick joke. You know, the usual kind of stupid and annoying jokes people make when it comes to Berserk. As much as I hate those jokes with every fiber of my being, I wish this time it was just a poor joke.

No words for how much of an impact Berserk has had on me, many others, creators and all kinds of series out there across entertainment mediums. Berserk was truly special. And Kentarou Miura worked so damn hard for practically his entire life. It's brutally sad and tragic his life's work doesn't have an end and even more tragic that he died so young. This is Satoshi Kon all over again.

Being a mangaka is an incredibly grueling and stressful job. I'm also thinking of Togashi now and his constant health issues. I will never, ever make a Togashi or GRRM joke ever again.

Rest in peace, Miura. Thank you for everything.

Jun 2014
This comes out of the blue. This hurts so much. Why so young?

Rest in peace my fellow struggler.
May 20, 2021 1:00 AM

Nov 2014
WTF? Is this for real?
Damn
Rest in peace Sensei.
We'll never know how it ends.
May 20, 2021 1:01 AM
Oct 2018
as someone who was inspired to draw from him and absolute god-like story. I just cannot believe this im so fucking sad man.............
May 20, 2021 1:02 AM

Jun 2010
I'm not so much into dark fantasy but I read Berserk and noted that he was a talented mangaka. It was an interesting series.

May you rest in peace, Miura Kentaro.
May 20, 2021 1:12 AM

Dec 2012
:(

I reflexively checked the date to see if it's fool's day or not. Sadly, it's not. R.I.P.
May 20, 2021 1:14 AM

Sep 2015
May he rest in peace. Feels unreal that he is dead, and that we won't see an official conclusion to the Berserk story. I haven't experienced an author of a manga I'm reading dying before.
can dis sig fit
May 20, 2021 1:15 AM

Jul 2020
Rest in Peace.

I'm planning to read Berserk in the future but I feel so sad when I heard this news.
May 20, 2021 1:17 AM
Jan 2021
I don't know what to say.......

RIP
May 20, 2021 1:22 AM
Jan 2021
To everyone who wanted to get into Berserk but never did, and probably no longer plan to over this...Please read it, it may be unfinished but that doesn't change how perfect it truly is.
May 20, 2021 1:24 AM
Jan 2021
Hentaicheg said:
We are kinda at the point where manga already went into gutter and before the point where it was finished to accurately rate it..

Probably one of the most overrated manga series as it currently stands... yeah, there were the arcs which it's called masterpiece for and they were great.. but if every manga with a few superb arcs could be called masterpiece then we would have much more of them.

I honestly didn't expect much from the manga in the end, but it's sad that it will be impossible to confirm it, eh.

The series sure overall ended at an all time low where I wouldn't even give it more than 6/10.

Idk if complaining that it's "lame" because the author died is a good idea. Fuck off and accept the fact that others are grieving the death of an important creator.
May 20, 2021 1:34 AM

Mar 2012
I still can't believe this happened. I always hated the people joking about how he wouldn't get to finish the series. I thought there was no way he could go before his magnum opus..

Miura-sensei, you gave us the best damn manga ever made and for that reason I will never forget you. I will still tell everyone to read your manga cause even without an ending, it stands tall among some of the greatest stories ever written.

RIP

Emerald1016 said:
Hentaicheg said:

Idk if complaining that it's "lame" because the author died is a good idea. Fuck off and accept the fact that others are grieving the death of an important creator.

Damn right. Only a real asshole could comment something like that on a day like this.
May 20, 2021 1:35 AM
Jan 2018
i recently got into the series and have been reading it at a slow pace. I have the first 3 deluxe editions and was waiting for the volumes to end the golden age arc to come out which I need to get a some point.

R.I.P no doubt he inspired a lot of creators with his work. No clue what happens from here I hear from some that his assistants could take over and finish his dream if he left notes etc
May 20, 2021 1:37 AM

Jul 2009
No.... most of Japanese people live really long... He was just 54... :/ I thought he would definetly see 80 and i would get a complete Berserk... :/ RIP Miura, you created The Best Manga ever, even if it's incomplete now... :/
May 20, 2021 1:48 AM

Jul 2013
rest in peace Miura
May 20, 2021 1:51 AM

Sep 2014
Rest in peace your manga will be for ever remembered as a masterpiece even unfinished.
May 20, 2021 1:54 AM
Sep 2019
This is fucking awful. Rest in peace Miura.
May 20, 2021 1:55 AM

Aug 2020
I'm absolutely devastated.

i've heard about this a couple of hours ago but i couldn't believe it,even with Jyoji and yokotaro responding it still doesn't feel real.

I've started reading bersek in 2006, i grew up with it. i had many great memories with it. and i always looked up to guts and his perseverance on some way. and it had and still is the greatest arc i've ever read/seen,Golden Age.

Kentarou Miura comment on chapter 362 about his friend really hits harder right now

as well as his comments about his health since 1992 are painful to read.the man suffered so much since starting.despite that he had so much brilliant ideas even though it'd take ages to put on paper according to the edtior.a passionate and intelligent man through and throughout. and im glad to have experienced this absolute masterpiece.

I'm honestly still hoping for some massive joke reveal,is this what despair looks like?

Rest well,Kentarou Miura.
May 20, 2021 1:59 AM

Jun 2020
i finally got around to catching up on berserk after having it on hold for years, and then i see this.
damn this is sad. rip.
May 20, 2021 2:12 AM

Apr 2021
Thank you for everything Miura
May 20, 2021 2:18 AM
Jul 2018
Rest in peace legend, thank you for creating the best manga ever
May 20, 2021 2:20 AM
Jul 2018
Opened MAL today and damn. Rest in peace.
May 20, 2021 2:21 AM

Mar 2012
Man, just one of the last things you'd want to see when you're curious why everyone is talking about Berserk. :(

Rest in peace, I appreciate the wonderful journey I was able to experience reading Berserk!
May 20, 2021 2:26 AM

Jun 2017
Well I heard somewhere He tried to make learn his way of drawing to certain mangaka hope it was true, so that is legacy lives on, Rest in peace king
May 20, 2021 2:32 AM
May 2020
May his family recover from this tragic loss and may his soul rest in peace. RIP, Kentaro Miura.
Read One Piece. Watch Gintama
May 20, 2021 2:36 AM
Jul 2020
Goddamnit, this hurts too much. I remember blazing through Berzerk's chapters a year back, and man was it good. It quickly became one of my favs.

Many really forget that these Authors are human beings with families, lives, and illnesses. RIP man.
ZlyiondMay 20, 2021 2:41 AM
May 20, 2021 2:46 AM
Sep 2011
Tini UçmaฤŸ Olsun
May 20, 2021 2:49 AM

Apr 2021
Anyone else owe getting into manga to him?
May 20, 2021 2:51 AM

Mar 2018
R.I.P. -One of the best mangaka of all time!!

Thank you for you work, Kentaro Miura!!

May 20, 2021 2:52 AM
Hello World!:))

Oct 2015
"Life always persists, though it's form may change, we will meet again in your dreams" ~ Flora.

"I'll be done soon. If you wait nicely, I'll buy you some sweetbread." said Lawrence.

- I'll thank you not to treat me like a child.

"Oh, you don't want any?"

- I do.

May 20, 2021 2:59 AM

Aug 2012
This was unexpected

RIP
May 20, 2021 3:05 AM
Apr 2020
RIP
And thank you for your amazing contribution.
"Who am I ? Where do I come from ? Where am I going ? That's all I want to think about"
-Saikawa Sohei
May 20, 2021 3:06 AM
Aug 2016
I pay my respects to the one of the greatest manga author to grace this earth. You preached your message of struggles and they motivated me through so many moments in my life

My heart goes out to the devoted fans
May 20, 2021 3:08 AM
Aug 2016
Hentaicheg said:

You are a very stupid human being. Let's hope more than 5 people care about when you die
May 20, 2021 3:10 AM
Aug 2016
SUCKMAHDLMAO said:
Pranav_Madduru said:
I was already feeling depressed yesterday by seeing aot's garbage ending. And now I get this news. So sad man. I always loved berserk and it is my favorite manga based on art and also based on the character writing. May he rest in peace. My deep condolences to his family. Now that I wonder what did he think about berserk in his last moments? I wanted to see how the characters will be in the end. I wanted to see the ending in general, but now sadly we cannot see. Even though it is not over we all know guts is gonna achieve his dream of taking revenge. So sad I do not have anything else to think. RIP MAN RIP
wished that isayama should've passed away instead of miura at least we wouldn't have ending for aot

Another insanely stupid idiot... How about you die if death is so easy to say
May 20, 2021 3:15 AM

Mar 2018
You thought 2021 would be better than 2020? Well you've just been proven wrong.
May 20, 2021 3:23 AM
Mar 2020
I've never read berserk, but ik that this man was a legend through and through, may he rest in peace
May 20, 2021 3:26 AM
Apr 2016
This is horrible.

Thank you so much for your work, Kentaro Miura. Rest in peace.
May 20, 2021 3:28 AM

Aug 2012
Alpha_Druid said:
You thought 2021 would be better than 2020? Well you've just been proven wrong.

Horrible
Ufos are real and Kentauro Miura dead
May 20, 2021 3:30 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Had already read the news about this before coming here, this is the definition of shocking, I would have expected it to GoT since the writer is that old, but this man was still not that old for fuck sake!

I know mangaka supposedly live a less healthy lifestyle but this is still Japan, so I will be surprised to see it happening to such a prominent figure that definitely I would not consider as OLD.

Cant really appreciate his work that much since I have only read the first 40-50 chapters, years ago, but I always wanted to come back, whenever the mangaka would give it an ending or something.

RIP, this man certainly did not deserve to end like this...

Mr_Sakata said:
extremely sad news. RIP.

i know its selfish but really wanted him to complete his story.
it's been so many years in the making and its visible how much of a toll it took on his body.

Was it? I know the series entered hiatus many times, but it always felt more like the author just wanted to think about where he was going with the series.
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 375 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MegamiRem - Nov 8, 2023

56 by plsuI »»
Sep 21, 8:23 PM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 37 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Sep 1, 2011

36 by plsuI »»
Sep 21, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 247 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Nov 13, 2011

12 by Erioko_ »»
Sep 20, 7:43 PM

» Studio Taka Cancels Its Berserk Animation Project Following Publisherโ€™s Copyright Warning To Studio Eclypse

Hickykissy - Sep 17

14 by Ewdini »»
Sep 18, 6:38 AM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 87 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Nov 4, 2011

23 by GurschachX »»
Sep 17, 2:23 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.