Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Apr 1, 2021 6:01 AM

Aug 2009
Leo said:

The backstory of the Holy Grail War was too short. I wished there were more to it though I understand that they couldn't a lot in a two-hour movie.

Ironically enough, the movie shows more about the creation of the ritual than the VN.

In the VN, just like in the movie, the whole scene happens so that Shirou can look at the Jewel Sword, but in the VN the 3 families are just mentioned to be there and Shirou quickly takes a peak to the sword.

The movie reversed it to make the backstory the focus, and it actually expands further than the VN.
Apr 1, 2021 6:03 AM

Apr 2020
Ufotable is too good for Fate. 9/10 gave me goosebumps.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Apr 1, 2021 6:56 AM

Aug 2020
I fucking loved it, made me tear up 3 times poor Illya :( what i have to say the movie was amazing it was great seeing Kirie there and it was fucking amazing seeing Rider vs Saber, Respect to ufotable Fuck it a good 10/10

Despite seeing the spoilers on purpose it did not disappoint
FateMadManApr 1, 2021 7:33 AM
Apr 1, 2021 7:38 AM
Apr 2020
Well what else can I say? This movie finale is a freakin diamond, masterpiece, stunningly great in all aspects of the anime and having a very satisfying ending too. I'm literally catching my breath everytime there's an ongoing fight scenes. Though I'm a bit confused on how Shiro made it back alive but it's not that kind of a deal

Definitely worth the wait. An easy 10/10 for me. Thank you again ufotable for feasting my eyes with your crazy animation. I'll see you again on Demon Slayer Season 2 :)
Apr 1, 2021 7:53 AM

Jul 2020
Protect Sakura at all cost

that was a very splendid final movie. I had to rewind those magnificent fight scenes, it's just fucking superb, same goes for the soundtrack, it was spectacular.

the final film is undoubtedly 10/10..

can't say any more about this one, it's fucking great. well fucking done.
Apr 1, 2021 8:23 AM

Aug 2020
Bruh i want to gush about the movie one more time, Fucking Fantastic
Apr 1, 2021 8:24 AM

Jul 2019
never thought I would cry over an anime other than Clannad
Apr 1, 2021 10:27 AM

Aug 2020
ItsNoux said:
Same except for me it was Made In Abyss
Apr 1, 2021 11:19 AM

Jul 2019
FateMadMan said:
ItsNoux said:

that anime scares me and i love it
Apr 1, 2021 11:20 AM

Aug 2020
ItsNoux said:
FateMadMan said:

that anime scares me and i love it
One of the best adventure series out there
Apr 1, 2021 12:42 PM

Mar 2013
I'm sad it's over. No more Heaven's Feel. No more looking forward to more Heaven's Feel. Yes it was a feast for the eyes, it goes without saying. I loved it.

If there's one criticism I'd have for it, it is that the fight and dialogue between Kirei and Shirou at the end is not as powerful as the VN version of it. It's simply too short in the movie. The dialogue is cut too short. It's one of my favourite F/sn scenes, but I wouldn't say it is in these movies.
Apr 1, 2021 3:08 PM

Feb 2017
Just finished the film and here it is again... I am emotionally drained and completely exhausted, like when I read the VN. Awesome fucking movie. It finally ended. Need some time to assemble all my thoughts.
Until then I will continue crying for Illya. Illya! Illya! Illya! Illya! Illya! Illya! Illya! Illya! Illya! Illya! Illya!
TsarkoApr 1, 2021 3:11 PM
Apr 1, 2021 3:37 PM

May 2016
that was so boring. 5 for me.

but i thought emeyi was dead? did i miss something?
Apr 1, 2021 3:42 PM

Feb 2017
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

Illya saved his soul and left it to Rin and Sakura who then went to search for a new body for him. They found a puppeteer (if you watched Kara no Kyoukai you would recognize it was Touko Aozaki) who made a body for Shirou.
Apr 1, 2021 3:46 PM

Apr 2009
I love Fate/Zero but these movies is not for me I guess.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2021 4:01 PM

May 2016
Tsarko said:
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

Illya saved his soul and left it to Rin and Sakura who then went to search for a new body for him. They found a puppeteer (if you watched Kara no Kyoukai you would recognize it was Touko Aozaki) who made a body for Shirou.

oh that is what the puppet was for. i see now.
Apr 1, 2021 6:44 PM

Feb 2018
So yeah, is that Shirou huh?
Apr 1, 2021 7:27 PM

Dec 2016
After watching this trilogy, as well as the original series and the spin-offs as well, I can definitely say that Fate is not for me, unfortunatly.

I can only say that I've watched this movie for the animation. I mean, what was even the point of it? Random fights, random enemies, random talk no jutsu. I couldn't understand a single point of what was even going on
Apr 1, 2021 8:30 PM

Aug 2020
I'd probably be unbeatable in a staring contest after how I just stared at my screen for 2 hours nonstop. This movie was a masterpiece both in visuals and plot.

Saber vs Rider is definitely a top 3 fight for me in all of anime, it might not have been super long but I've never been more breathless while watching a fight before. In animation alone this movie surpasses in another anime I've seen and despite not seeing that much anime I'm willing to be it's the best of ALL TIME.

Easily a 10/10.
clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.
Apr 1, 2021 11:05 PM

Jan 2012
I think I can stop watching anime and be satisfied after watching H/F. Well, maybe not, but this was just beautiful and I cried a few times while watching it.
Apr 2, 2021 2:33 AM

Aug 2013
How did Emiya exactly come back? i watched kara no kyokai and i noticed that red head character but i can't remember the role of the puppet
Apr 2, 2021 2:57 AM

Aug 2009
Khalifla said:
How did Emiya exactly come back? i watched kara no kyokai and i noticed that red head character but i can't remember the role of the puppet
She creates puppets that can be used as complete human body replacements.

movie 5 spoiler
ssjokgApr 2, 2021 3:15 AM
Apr 2, 2021 2:57 AM

Apr 2009
Khalifla said:
Touko's magic is in creating puppets that are functionally like a real flesh and blood human body. They put Shirou's soul (the bit with Illya holding a cage with something shining) into the puppet.
Apr 2, 2021 4:05 AM
Dec 2010
I see, so Sakura wants a Sex doll in an image of Shirou... HAHAAHAHAHH

A bit short for me, Rider fighting scene, I waited so long so see her in action unlike the other fate's scene where she was killed early episodes but this time she kicks butt.

I wish it will turn into an anime and cover the missed story in the story.
Apr 2, 2021 7:47 AM

Jun 2014
Can anyone tell me when the osts will be released?

Also anyone know the name of the OST that plays at the start of the movie when kotomine talks about "Entering the stage"?
Apr 2, 2021 7:59 AM

Jan 2019
PiedPiper_ said:

Also anyone know the name of the OST that plays at the start of the movie when kotomine talks about "Entering the stage"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvWBBykdqhQ
Apr 2, 2021 8:07 AM

Jun 2014
Karnox001 said:
PiedPiper_ said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvWBBykdqhQ

Thank you so so so much!!! I'm really grateful.
Apr 2, 2021 11:34 AM
Nov 2020
Karnox001 said:
(Obligatory "I'm a VN reader" statement)

TLDR; MAS-TER-PIE-CE as a finale and as a trilogy.

I don't really have much to say, I had to wait to the next day before writing this because my brain got stuck at the moment I saw the Wind of Steel scene. The movie left me literally speechless, even with the monologues cut, everything remained the same overall, I don't know how they did it, but all I can say is; Congratulations Ufotable and Thank you, I trusted them completely from the very beginning, and they surpassed my expectations. The same for Yuki Kajiura and Aimer, they absolutely nailed it.

These movies kind of remind me of Kara no Kyoukai 5, because even with less information in the form of text and dialogue, there's clues and hints everywhere, so the more you see the films, the more things you understand and get. (My favourite one was when Shirou said "Of course you won't back out" with a smile, showing that he completely understood and accepted Kirei, I almost dropped a tear). Overall the movie took the "show don't tell" approach to the next level.

As for the fights, I have to say that I felt like they were 20 seconds long each one, possibly because they were so good that I wanted them to go on forever, but they actually had the perfect duration, so they don't feel neither too long nor too short, Ufotable are experts at this (But obviously they will feel shorter compared to the VN). I believe that each fight was nailed, also storyboarded and animated perfectly.
-Kirei vs True Assassin+Zouken Exorcism: Badass as hell, Kirei's backstory.
-Shirou vs Dark Berserker: Peak Fiction, Emiya remix.
-Rider and Shirou vs Saber Alter: Best animated fight of all time, that "¿Shirou?" killed me.
-Rin vs Dark Sakura: Badass Rin and very emotional.
-Shirou vs Kirei: Peak Fiction again, real man vs real man. (This one might be my favorite fight ever)

Now I literally feel like my soul has been freed, I've been waiting so long for this and I was so anxious and nervous. I need to see it a couple more times to get every last detail. Of course, they are not perfect, but these are now my favorite movies and trilogy of all time. Once again, thank you Type Moon, Ufotable, Kajiura, Aimer and everyone who worked on this masterpiece. Now please Ufotable adapt Tsukihime!!!

@MAPPAEN

Ayyyyooooo. Congrats mate that you endure till the release. Its the FSN heaven's feel trilogy is my fav movie trilogy as well. After it is Kizumonogatari. Really great one as well. I am soo happy that you didn't forgot to tell me your opinion after so many months. Thanks man, you made my night. Soon imma rewatch the whole trilogy all at once. Its definetly worth to rewatch it in the highest quality possible. Amen!
Apr 2, 2021 1:26 PM

Aug 2013
ssjokg said:
Khalifla said:
She creates puppets that can be used as complete human body replacements.

movie 5 spoiler
thank you i barely remember this cz i didn't really enjoy kara no kyoukai
Apr 2, 2021 1:35 PM
Mar 2020
omfg. this was so fuckin phenomenal. The animation, the soundtracks, the voice acting and the emotions all hit so damn hard. im not even exaggerating when i say this might be the greatest shonen movie out there, and you know what, this may even be the best anime film out there, leveling the likes of a silent voice, spirited away and your name.

Im so speechless, I love the Fate franchise so damn much man. HUUUUGEEE shoutout to Ufotable and the team involved for this one. 10/10 Material, im left astonished.
Apr 2, 2021 3:45 PM

Oct 2018
Another Fate ruined by Emiya Shirou, congratulations.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Perhaps, this is hell.
Apr 2, 2021 4:39 PM

Aug 2017
I was sobbing during the credits. 10/10
I used to hear a simple song. Now, I hear a symphony.
Apr 2, 2021 7:19 PM

Jul 2015
It's so weird. I remember being so excited for years for the Heaven's Feel movies. Now it's over. How time flies. I saw it in theaters last year but just rewatched it and wow. I guess there were some things I could nitpick but really, I couldn't have asked for more overall. So much stands out to me, but seeing the man with severe survivor's guilt finally want to live will be my favorite.
Apr 3, 2021 12:56 AM

Aug 2018
It has been a long wait!
I was saving the first 2 movies for when this one came out in blu-ray, just watched all 3 back to back.

I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Apr 3, 2021 4:39 AM

Jan 2018
kotomine kirei has proven once again that he is one of the most badass characters hands down
Apr 3, 2021 7:12 AM
Jul 2018
Man, gonna need Ilya route rn xD
Is she older than Shiro or vice versa? I always thought she is younger than him.
Apr 3, 2021 9:36 AM

Aug 2009
dang_ said:
Man, gonna need Ilya route rn xD
Is she older than Shiro or vice versa? I always thought she is younger than him.
She is older.

She is 18(born 8 years before the end of the 4th war) while Shirou is 16-17.
Apr 3, 2021 11:09 AM

Apr 2009
Didn't expect Rin's decision to spare Sakura. Caught me off guard. Very emotionally mature movie.

10\10 Best franchise and movie to ever exist.
Apr 3, 2021 7:40 PM

Apr 2010
Thoughts and prayers for Fai, who has to live with the fact that HF ended up with the best adaptation.
Apr 3, 2021 9:36 PM

Feb 2014
Can´t believe Rider is still there. Good to see that.

But, what happened to Shiro? I didn´t get how he appeared there out of nowhere or just Sakura imagining he is there?

Also, how did Berseker die just after dying once? Wasnt supposed to be 7 lives?
TechOtakuApr 3, 2021 11:11 PM
Apr 3, 2021 11:49 PM

May 2020
Waited 3 and 1/2 years to binge watch the Heaven's Feel trilogy and I was not disappointed. My review? One word: absolutely incredible (duh, one word obviously ain't enough to capture the unrivaled animation and story).
I say goodbye unto you,
And with this parting,
My most beautiful dream dies inside me...
But I tell you goodbye,
For the rest of life,
Even if I spend all life thinking about you.
Apr 3, 2021 11:52 PM

May 2020
Vi- said:

But, what happened to Shiro? I didn´t get how he appeared there out of nowhere or just Sakura imagining he is there?

Just finished watching myself and was confused as well. Read through the forum and here's what it sounds like:

1) Shirou's body was destroyed but his soul remained (the shining thing in the lantern). Rin and Sakura put it into that white mannequin thing to give Shirou's soul a body.

2) In what looked like two slashes, Shirou actually sliced and killed Berserker 9 times. See the slice lines on the ground.
I say goodbye unto you,
And with this parting,
My most beautiful dream dies inside me...
But I tell you goodbye,
For the rest of life,
Even if I spend all life thinking about you.
Apr 3, 2021 11:53 PM

Jan 2015
Vi- said:

He's living as a puppet afaik. From final screen, Rin and Sakura request Touko for making a puppet for him. But iirc, from VN, it is zelrect, the owner of Jewel Sword, that resurrected him as a puppet.
Apr 4, 2021 12:47 AM
Jan 2017
Elyts said:
Vi- said:

He's living as a puppet afaik. From final screen, Rin and Sakura request Touko for making a puppet for him. But iirc, from VN, it is zelrect, the owner of Jewel Sword, that resurrected him as a puppet.
in the vn it's still Touko. Her name isn't directly mentioned but 'famous puppet maker' is definitely Touko. Zelretch has nothing to do with Shirou's body, he's just there during Rin's trial
Apr 4, 2021 2:44 AM
Jan 2017
Finally after 17 years Fate/Stay Night is completely adapted.

This final movie has a lot of flaws,but I ended up loving it more than I thought. I'll be honest, to me the quality of this movie is inferior to Pressage Flower and Lost Butterfly.It felt like they dumped all their budgets into the rider fight and lowered the overall movie's quality.The animation is really inconsistent compared to the previous movies.

I don't see anyone talking about this but the voice acting is really weak in this movie compared to the vn.Maybe it's just me but I felt like it's lacking the energy to make me feel for the characters.The soundtrack is really good though.

Now the main problem with this movie.The direction and pacing is really weird to me. I don't know why but I just can't immerse myself in this movie unlike the other two. As a result I can't enjoy the fight scenes as much as other people. They did Saber Vs Rider well, but I wished they put more effort into both of Shirou's fights too. Nine lives and Shirou Vs Kirei is two of the best scenes in the whole vn,but in the movie they're
a bit underwhelming.

The Illya scene and the ending saved the movie for me.Seeing shirou finally having a wish of his own and begging Illya to come back is just heartbreaking. It's definitely the best scene of this movie, even surpassed the source material I'd say.

I know I'm just being nitpicky,but I felt like they can do better if they adapted Heaven's Feel into a full anime instead. It's missing so many details that makes me love the vn so much.I really wanted to enjoy this movie,hope it'll be better on rewatch.Sudou and teams did their best and it's really hard to adapt a medium like visual novel into an anime.im happy that this trilogy happened
Apr 4, 2021 5:22 AM

Jan 2019
Vi- said:

God Hand is not working there, if you go back to the previous movie, he was absorbed when he was dead, the shadow is blocking God Hand along with his senses, just so it can have possession of him, therefore he only has one life. He is still Illya's servant.
Also if you count, Saber Alter killed him about 10-11 times. (6-7 by Excalibur Morgan)
Karnox001Apr 4, 2021 5:27 AM
Apr 4, 2021 5:32 AM

Jan 2019
HousmanHighways said:

2) In what looked like two slashes, Shirou actually sliced and killed Berserker 9 times. See the slice lines on the ground.

He killed him only once, because if you look at his body at the end, he didn't regen his right arm and left leg, so basically it is what I said in the post above and the attacks were like this:
-8 simultaneous attacks that destroy 1/8 of his body, but that's not enough damage to kill him.
-1 final attack to the chest to finish him off.
Apr 4, 2021 7:33 AM

Feb 2014
Also, Illya caught me off guard as well. She was very brave. Has 100% my respect.
Apr 4, 2021 9:03 AM
Dec 2016
I really enjoy the storyline, but somehow it felt dissatisfied in the fight scenes, unlike in the first part of FSN Heaven's Feel
Overall i really enjoyed the other side of Sakura's story
Apr 4, 2021 9:06 AM

Jan 2019
This movie is garbage and i liked UBW and first two movies.
G.O.A.T Twitter Account: https://x.com/Okeanix1
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I liked all of it but didn't understand the ending

Beauty123 - Apr 8, 2021

16 by Mualani »»
Sep 13, 2:46 PM

» Do you hate Sakura? ( 1 2 )

Stacias - Jul 20, 2022

50 by Lucifrost »»
Sep 12, 8:06 PM

» Do this whole movie happens in alternate timeline ? anyone could do explain breifly

Mugiwarayaa___ - Mar 28

9 by Mugiwarayaa___ »»
Mar 31, 11:11 AM

Poll: » How do you feel about sakura? ( 1 2 )

Clar_00 - Mar 4, 2022

59 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 14, 8:33 AM

» Is fate series completed?

Yeshwanth_18 - Mar 31, 2021

33 by Alexioos95 »»
Feb 8, 1:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.