Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 30, 2021 6:32 AM

Apr 2020
Really good show overall and one of the few that I like every character. 8/10 Hyped for the movie.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Mar 30, 2021 6:32 AM

Nov 2020
Well, we're finally here. I remember the days when this show was the punching bag of the anime community, and I couldn't be less interested in it. But 170 episodes later and I'm glad I stuck through it as it's become something genuinely enjoyable. Like others have put it very well themselves, this show had a rocky start. For me the first all around good episode wasn't until episode 35 (Yami vs Licht round 2) and I didn't start to get emotionally invested until episode 54 (Asta injuring his arms). Then the elf arc kicked things into high gear, and outside of some boring episodes here and there, it's remained rock solid ever since.

The characters may mostly be archetypes, but their relationships feel genuine as they are fun and go through believable growth. The action is very inconsistent, but at it's best, is amazing and rivals other similar shows. If Pierrot decide to go seasonal after the movie, I can only imagine how great it'll look. Regarding this episode itself, I couldn't have asked for a better finale considering everything that's going on. Ending things with Asta and Liebe formally forming a friendship brings things full circle after the first episode ended with Liebe's grimoire choosing him. It was great getting his backstory and it's poetic that he's not some big shot demon with a secret heritage, but just a no magic shrimp just like Asta. Asta's mother's death is the most emotional I've gotten since episode 120, as she seemed like such a nice woman and Liebe really saw her as a mom. I'm guessing he'll tell his suspicions to Asta later on as I don't know how else he'll find out about his mom unless the dad is out there somewhere. Makes you wonder who the dad is anyway since the mom sucked life and mana away from everything around her. He and Yuno ending up at the church at the same time is a big coincidence I guess.

Either way, it's really nice to finally know almost everything regarding our two protagonists and their backstories, along with knowing more about the demon world. No doubt there'll be some serious throwdowns with Asta/Liebe avenging their mom against Dante/Lucifero, Noelle avenging her mom against Vanica/Megicula, and Yuno avenging half the Golden Dawn against Zenon. Very excited for the future of this series, with a long overdue movie and inevitable second season. This episode did a great job closing out Asta's journey with him copying the techniques of and remembering everyone he's met (shout out for including the Devil Banishers), and beating Liebe against the first OP for one last time. It was a rough start but in the end, you done good Black Clover. You done good.
Are ya winning, diners?
Mar 30, 2021 6:33 AM
Oct 2020
Just a couple of weeks ago, the rating was somewhere around 7.45 and now it has hit 7.87. That itself is quite an achievement
Mar 30, 2021 6:36 AM

Nov 2017
The Liebe devil background is excellent as is the fight against Asta! I will miss it so much! But can't wait for the movie!
ElyshionMar 26, 2023 7:57 AM
Mar 30, 2021 6:37 AM
Jul 2018
really cool final episode, liked how they wrapped this up with revealing all the stuff and its really amazing how far we've come and how much stuff we learnt about this whole world since the beginning. can't wait to see where this story will take us next, now that asta's friends with the devil and all he's bound to get a lot stronger. hope they make the continuation soon, would be nice if it was a high quality movie or seasonal anime. wonder how this arc will end, definitely gonna be something to look forward to. anyways, while flawed, was still quite an enjoyable anime, overall i'd say a 4/10.

oh no... h-he has the power of- of friendship!!1!1!11
Mar 30, 2021 6:40 AM

Jun 2017
Wow! What a finale. Made me cry, made me smile, made me laugh. IMO, Black Clover didn't start off very well but I'm glad I stuck around until the end! Can't wait for the movie <3
Mar 30, 2021 6:53 AM
Mar 2014
I forgot how long this show had been going for. I'm glad I started watching this show. 2017
Mar 30, 2021 6:58 AM

Feb 2019
That Haruka Mirai during the liebe fight>>>>>

Asta’s attack with the silhouettes of all the people he’s fought who’ve made him stronger was beautiful. Goosebumps all over rn bro.

Pierrot showed just what they can do with Black Clover provided they get the time and staff. This was a beautiful finale and I’m so glad black clover has started getting the love and attention it’s always deserved. Can’t wait for the movie and to see where the manga goes.
Mar 30, 2021 7:06 AM

Jul 2012
Looks like the seasonal 1/5 bots are at it again, I wonder why MAL is doing nothing about this anime season's finales getting bombarded with those lately.

Black Clover is that solid example that stands on its own after a bad start and only gets better from there, and using with an amazing execution of its typical tropes, storytelling and own little packages of twists to make for one of the most enjoyable and most marathonable battle shounen experiences as of late.

Overall, with all the little thingies I didn't like (most of the technically minimal filler is not too good, and those are 17 in total; not to mention the quality of animation getting a nose dive here and there, most noticeably during the light novel portion of the content back in the Witch arc; and last but not least, the padding in some of the episodes was kinda annoying overall, but nothing unbearable), this would be a 7,5/10 for me, but I can't help but to give it an 8/10 on MAL since those are basically nitpicks compared to the things it did right, both as an adaptation and as an anime display.

5/5 final episode, stop just where everybody was expecting, not the ideal cliffhanger stopping point imo, but a solid way to conclude nonetheless.

Can't wait for the next season, hopefully it will start adapting the next portions of the story in a cour or two at a time. Not that what it managed to be as a long-running was anything short of a miracle, it really is amazing how consistent it was adapting the material of a currently longrunning manga all in one go with 170 eps, that's an achievement on its own.
Mar 30, 2021 7:22 AM
Jun 2007
Ah, after so many years of Black Clover, its good to wrap up. Finally get to know Asta's "Devil" Liebe story with his mum. Hope his befriend contract binding with Liebe will turn out to be good.
Can't wait for the next sequel.
Mar 30, 2021 7:23 AM

Jan 2018
Kuretaiyo said:
Am i the only one who doesnt have good first impression of Astas mother ? She abandoned Asta but gave everything to Liebe. I am sure she left him because she drain his life but she could find better place for him to live with enough food a background or she could try find way to live with him and not drain his life. I am not saying he has horrible life in the church but he could definetely live better life if she thought better. She left Asta in poor church and died for devil whom she found by coincidence. For me she is failure as mother and definetely not my favorite character.

Well we still don't know the full reason why she need to let go of Asta, her having a magic that suck life force is still pretty vague to be a reason why she left him since Asta is still alive when she drop him at the church. The manga haven't also delve into this plot so we really don't know, also how about Asta's father? There's definitely more mystery surrounding to this. What's only confirmed for now is that she's definitely Asta's mom.
Mar 30, 2021 7:33 AM

Feb 2020
Good Shonen series, although it was not good in early episodes, but it is much better now!
Hope we can see movie soon, 8/10.
Mar 30, 2021 7:37 AM
Jul 2018
last episode, I really miss this work, I’m surprised that Liebe became a friend of Asta
Mar 30, 2021 7:46 AM
Apr 2020
The final.. Episode... Time flies really fast huh...

The animation is freakin dope as expected.. then they put that freakin new full OP 1 ver. and full ED? Now I can rest in peace...

Welp I guess It's time to say goodbye to this series, for now... Can't wait for the movie one! I hope after that they announced of whatever the format will be (seasonal or break) of the series. Gonna wait for as long as it takes!
Mar 30, 2021 7:57 AM
Oct 2019
Tears dropping from my eyes 😭
What a Great Finale...

The title of the finale was "Haruka Mirai" of course they gonna bring back the First OP...
That sequences Asta vs Liebe was too Beautiful...

Asta Mother Richita, Rest in Peace.
Now i want to know who is the Daddy.

I'm so happy and proud finally more people are into Black Clover (compared to the beginning, you know people have an issue with Asta Voice).
What a Crazy Experience, me watching Black Clover from the very beginning Fall 2017 till now Winter 2021.
Wow that's 3 and Half Years...

Now waiting for the Movie.

Overall Very Good First Season
8/10
davidyodo24Mar 30, 2021 8:05 AM
Mar 30, 2021 8:10 AM

Jul 2013
As one of the people who started Black Clover when it aired and has followed it since that 3 of October of 2017, seeing it finishing feels weird. While wasn't impressed with the beginning of the series (that admitably didn't do any favour to it's image), this ended eventually becoming one of my favorite "modern" shounen and it was one of the things that made my Tuesdays happier. Now that it is gone, they will feel so empty.

About the episode, I'm so glad to hear Haruka Mirai one last time in the series (a new version, to make it better) and the final fight of Asta against Liebe + the flashback with Licita were perfect. While it sucks that the series ends in a cliffhanger, I enjoyed the episode from beginning to end, and it was a great finale for the series, with Asta making friends with the devil with which he started his journey and everyone preparing for the battle against the Spade Kingdom.

And that's all I have to say that I haven't told in previous discussion threads. Black Clover taught me to be patient with an anime even if it didn't have the best start and the paid off was very satisfying, even if the quality was inconsistent and it got through a lot of low points through it's run. I laughed, I cried, I smiled, I went through a lot of emotions while watching this anime and I don't regret any second I have spent on it. These 4 years have gone flying, and I can still remember that 3 of October when I decided to start and watch this...

Thank you for all these emotions, Black Clover. Movie aside, I hope this is a "see you later" and not a "goodbye". Will wait for you till the end of time.
Mar 30, 2021 8:25 AM

Jan 2021
I just love it, like I start watching this 2 years ago and I never imagined myself missing asta screaming each week, I know we would get a movie but I hope they would not take a long break maybe 2 years at best since I'm sure the Manga would already be in a new arc
Mar 30, 2021 8:28 AM

Aug 2020
Gonna be honest, if Pierrot placed more work into the animation, Black Clover would be a 9.5 or even a 10... But i giving 8 to it.

Now if guys don't mind, i going to listen to Haruka Mirai again.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2021 8:35 AM

Aug 2013
What a finale. The studio really put all their efforts into this one.

Asta's fight against Liebe was brilliant and I was pretty much left speechless. The use of the first OP, Haruka Mirai, was a nice touch, it's been a long time since I've heard that song.

The first half of the episode had a lot of emotions. The backstory of Liebe and Licita almost had me in tears. So our assumption that Licita is Asta's mother was correct.

To tell the truth, the first few episodes of Black Clover were unbearable to watch. Asta's screaming was too much for me which made me essentially drop the series. If it wasn't out of curiosity, I wouldn't have picked it up again. And it was a good thing I did.

8/10 from me. I'm sure going to miss this. Good thing there will be a movie and in the meantime, I'll read the manga from this point forward. See you later Black Clover.

Mar 30, 2021 8:38 AM
Jul 2018
So no one's gonna talk about how the show itself resembles asta. When it aired everybody was shittalking but know it has some die hard fans. LETS GOOOOOOO!!!!
Mar 30, 2021 8:45 AM

Aug 2020
A pretty good ending, we finally found out Asta's back story and why he ended up at the church. I'm really hyped for the movie.

Also, guess that haters are sending an influx of 1/5 votes, to be expected I guess.

clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.
Mar 30, 2021 8:51 AM

Jul 2011
Great ending for now.

I like this episode how it explain a lot about Asta background. Why he was abandoned and why he doesn't have magic. Technically Richita magic would had killed Asta,but just took the mana.

Looking calmly make me think, if Asta will develop a life drain skill. He could get one more thing of his mother, he already got a demon in a way from her.

Now wait the next manga arc end.
The 4 years were not that good, but looking at this last arc was a great journey.
Mar 30, 2021 9:05 AM
Apr 2020
When they showed all the black bulls at the end they didn't show Gordon. Justice for Gordon.
Mar 30, 2021 9:06 AM
Sep 2019
I don't like the way Asta and the devil relationship went. It's just the same with Naruto and Kurama, both are trash. Anyways this series have good and bad impression to me. Drama, Fight and Animation.

Overall rating: 7/10
Mar 30, 2021 9:07 AM
Mar 2019
i think it will continue in future. its so good anime that all likes

in my opinion when fil release probably will announce that in mid 2022 continue

i swear this
Mar 30, 2021 9:13 AM
Jun 2020
Well, it was a final good, better than I really thought. Hopefully the staff will have time to give us an animation festival in the film, hopefully crunchyroll or Funimation brings us the film to this side of the world.
Mar 30, 2021 9:16 AM

Jun 2020
If black clover with 170 episodes jumped so much once it finished airing, then that shit gets me hella hopeful about One Piece score, once it ends lmao
This anime shit is addictive
Mar 30, 2021 9:30 AM

Jun 2015
Squeeeee! Can't believe I'm gonna be waiting for more, its been such a long journey since the first eps!

Not sure about the skewed episode poll with the 1 stars, haters going to hate I guess as there wasn't anything particularity bad about the eps. If anything, we see Asta pairing with this demon and we found out who Asta's mum was (and why she gave him up seeing as she sucks the lifeforce out of everything! Does make you wonder how she got pregnant in the first place but I'm not really a details person so I dont care)

To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 30, 2021 9:44 AM

Jul 2017
ayyy finally some shedding on Asta's past....only hardly anything having to do with Asta himself was actually revealed lol. Well at least we know his mother dropped him off but how tf did he get born in the first place if she's been living by herself this whole time? (unless it happened after he was born)

but overall, not too bad. Ngl it was nice to see BC bounce back after that poor start and backlash. whilst none of the other arcs/battles really came close to the underwater lair one (which honestly was peak BC imo) they were still nice to see

unfortunately however, I feel like BC suffers from being almost toooooo shounen, in that it was really idealisitc a lot of times. Like seriously, 170 eps and you can probably count the total number of relevant character deaths on one hand lmao. Especially with all the other shounen's releasing like SnK, KnY, JJK idk, feels like BC is just too afraid to take any risks but oh well

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH/10
Mar 30, 2021 9:46 AM

Apr 2012
2017-2021 was fun time with Black Clover, definitely one of my fav anime, nice story and great characters :)
Mar 30, 2021 10:18 AM

Apr 2016
whats with 200+ bot votes on finale i saw same thing happened in AOT final episode discusion.
Well anyway the episode was great.Really loved it and this whole series.Cant wait for sequel
BRAWLERS
Mar 30, 2021 10:24 AM
Jul 2018
awesome finale...
for me Black Clover was a journey...hated it at first, then suddenly hyped, and finally loved it like crazy.
compared to other shounen of its time, the only problem was the pacing which was like the old shounen long anime series used to be, maybe that's why I didn't like it at first. Every long shounen anime sometimes used to take time to be good and for character's development, and this was the same with Black Clover, but this thing isn't easy to accept now today so was a bit late for loving this series...

Mar 30, 2021 10:28 AM

Dec 2016
Poor Gordon, they forgot about him even in this season's finale. : '(
Maybe Tabata is planning a big change in Gordon design, so they didn't wanted to spoil it?
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.98/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.166/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.88/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.65/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.54/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Mar 30, 2021 11:21 AM

May 2018
Oh noo this doesnt feel`s right. Everything feels so rushed hope there is a continuation of black clover in near future.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2021 11:41 AM
Sep 2017
Screw all those bots down-voting this ep, as well as AOT and JJK. Get a freaking life. Is this seriously something you find worth your time? If so, you lead a very sad, lonely life.

Anyway ... this ep was awesome. I love the new relationship between Asta and his “brother” devil. I knew Asta would never force Liebe to be his servant.

I will truly miss this show. Like so many, in the beginning, Asta’s yelling grated on me so much that I almost dropped the show, but thankfully I’m stubborn about sticking with a show once I start it, and this paid off (just like sticking with Gintama did, lol). So many awesome characters undergoing growth, great fights, humor, and some touching moments thrown in. I hope they offer the upcoming movie on a legal platform for viewing outside Japan, and I hope we don’t have to wait TOO terribly long for the series to return. Tuesday will be a little sadder until then.
Mar 30, 2021 12:59 PM

Apr 2016
I’ll miss this series a lot, I loved it. I’m looking forward to the movie!
Mar 30, 2021 1:14 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
What an absolutely amazing finale to what made most of my recent years year that have impacted me so much and made me the guy I am, I lived through so many hardships these last 4 years but Black Clover was always there to keep up upright on Tuesdays.

Why are there so many negative ratings for this episode?
Mar 30, 2021 1:27 PM

Jan 2012
Edgyson said:
I don't like the way Asta and the devil relationship went. It's just the same with Naruto and Kurama, both are trash.

I didn't mind it for a very simple reason: It felt weird with Kurama, but not with Liebe.
The reason why is because since the beginning Liebe helped Asta, and Asta was always in control (more or less). Also, While Kurama is more of an old fart, Liebe is more of an emo teen, which means he's a mess to begin with, so drastic changes like this are to be expected
"Quack"
-A Duck

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 30, 2021 1:46 PM
Apr 2019
Love how they showed us a bit of Asta's mother. A bit sad that she wasn't able to be a mother with her son because of her power, but at least she got to experience it with Liebe (hey who knows maybe she saw her son every now and then from afar ) Can't wait til the movie I love this anime 😍🤗
Mar 30, 2021 1:52 PM
Sep 2020
What an amazing ride. I need to read the manga now.
Im still curious what will happen in One piece ep 914 & 915.
Mar 30, 2021 2:26 PM

Nov 2015
Approximately 170 weeks ago some of us started the journey of watching Black clover weekly. It was a journey with ups and downs. If you would have told me after ep 10 i’d watch 170 episodes of Black clover, i'd call you crazy…but here we are.

The shouting of Asta in the beginning was…. well i cannot put it into words. I just couldnt grasp it really. The forums were full of "complaints" and rightly so imo.

I found the first few arcs/eps average. I didnt think it was that good of a show. I almost dropped it I realize. But something just felt… good? 172 eps later I’m really happy I decided to keep going and follow the adventures of the Black Bulls

The first moment I really realized i liked this show was the fight against Despair. For me, one of the best moments/ fights in the show.

I lost interest completely during the Witch arc. I didnt watch BC for a year and picked it up again afterwards. Surprised to see that the following Arcs were really good, I decided to pick it up again on a weekly basis.

Overall, an amusing journey and a good, fun, action-packed anime with great characters and even greater OP's.

Favourite moments:

Yami versus Despair

Langris versus Finral

Asta/ Yuno against Leicht

Fight against the Devil (forgot his name)
Fight against Dante

Least favourite moments

First couple of episodes

Fight against Mars

Witch Arc

See you soon Black Clover!
Mar 30, 2021 2:38 PM
Jul 2018
Gosh I'm such an emotional twat, couldn't hold the tears back once Opening 1 came on. 😆

On a more serious note it was a WONDERFUL journey. Loved Eye of the Midnight Sun: Royal Capital Assault Arc, Eye of the Midnight Sun Encounter Arc, Royal Knights Arc and ESPECIALLY Elf Reincarnation Arc which blew me away.

Time to jump into the Manga but gonna miss seeing this loved one animated. Cannot wait for the movie!

Devils_prodigy said:
So no one's gonna talk about how the show itself resembles asta. When it aired everybody was shittalking but know it has some die hard fans. LETS GOOOOOOO!!!!

That's an interesting point, never thought of it that way before. Either way the haters didn't matter then and they certainly don't matter now either, the show was LIT! 😎
Mar 30, 2021 2:40 PM
Apr 2015
Been a great journey with black clover these years. Tbh, was hoping that they shown more of liebe and lichita backstory in this last episode and don't mind if they had just left the devil ceremony conclusion as a cliffhanger. The fight between the brothers was cool though.
Hopefully they come back all stronger for the Spade nation invasion arc. Rather the anime take a good break than have too many fillers.
Mar 30, 2021 2:45 PM

May 2018
Shit , they gave it an open ending......
Mar 30, 2021 2:54 PM

Dec 2020
oh god, what a finale, indeed "Beautiful"!!

although I have some reservations about that fight and the cheezy moments, but I'll let it slide this time.
Mar 30, 2021 3:01 PM

Feb 2021
I think it was a good way to end for the movie, but does anybody know when the movie airs/comes out?
Mar 30, 2021 3:07 PM

Nov 2015
I will miss black clover.
And holy , who the hell giving this 1/5??? wtf that's even more than of people who gave 5/5
Mar 30, 2021 3:14 PM

May 2020
What a finale... I really can't believe it's over.

Thank You.
Mar 30, 2021 3:18 PM

Nov 2020
loved this episode and can't wait for more. i miss it already
Mar 30, 2021 3:33 PM
Feb 2021
I can't wait that was the last ep for now, it will be hard without black clover but its only a see you later, asta mom was so cute😭
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favorite op?

infinite_Shadows - Mar 18

18 by Kizuki01 »»
May 22, 12:50 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 156 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2020

57 by Vindicater »»
May 20, 5:38 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 155 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2020

46 by Vindicater »»
May 20, 5:17 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 79 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2019

46 by drexneesh »»
May 17, 10:08 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 94 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2019

103 by -PhiL- »»
May 17, 1:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.