Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Horimiya
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 6, 2021 9:03 PM
Apr 2020
Hori's father was such a great additionto the comedy aspect I swear, so funny and wholesome. I just wish Hori wasn't such a jealous type because that part kind of pissed me off, making Miyamura feel bad for just helping someone out is obviously not very great. Excited to see what's next though!
Feb 6, 2021 9:04 PM
Apr 2020
xeonite said:
Using misunderstandings for plot is invariably contrived, however, here in Horimiya it's fine since it was solved almost immediately as they quickly called out the crux issue. This is the correct way to use "misunderstandings" or "I'm not gonna listen."

Only 5 episodes for them to start dating.. that's impressive in romance anime standards!
For real! I was so shocked that they pulled a bold move like that at the start haha, definitely beats some other anime that take years for them to finally realize they even like each other.
Feb 6, 2021 9:12 PM

Sep 2012
So far it's a nice series. It keeps me engaged through the runtime. But at the same time I'm surprised people like it THAT much. I have nothing against it, it's chill and generally quit neat, but at the same time it's really barebones in its substence, rather generic. Characters are all simpletons and their drama is pointless, but at least it goes away quickly. That's perhaps the strength here, as it preserves positive and chill tone. Not like it makes it any less meh. Still after each ep I think that I'll take the next one, and have rather good time with it, despite eyerolling sometimes. Positive 6/10 so far.
Feb 6, 2021 9:17 PM

May 2020
Amalik0029 said:
Gilgameshuu said:
I don't like how there was basically no build-up to them becoming a couple, it just... happened... I personally felt like this episode was a little hard to watch, the beginning was very annoying with the whole misunderstanding and in the middle it felt really awkward, the dialogue in this show is really awkward in the first place, at least in my perspective.

This show is not for you drop it, and watch only re zero in that way we all will be happy

Telling me to drop it because I criticized an episode? That seems a little too extreme, I'm still interested to see more it's just that I prefer my romance anime confessions with proper build-up.
Feb 6, 2021 9:35 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yep, its happened. Fast and furious. Thats what i feel about this kind of episode. Thusly, the later parts. Its not like i disaggree. Its just, well, not quite similar to what i thought before. But its still nice, tho. Its also contained my anticipated one and a new scene from Sakura and Remi. So, yeah, its not that what i thought before, honestly. Kek.

Anyway, that time when they started to be an official couple, but its looks like they both were not. Its not like they both arrived in the awkward situations. Its just their natural to be acted like that, and i find it quite funny, especially with the arrival of Hori-san father, whose surprisingly had the same trait like Miyamura-kun. Lol. Then well, its also created a bit of shivered me down by those kind of scenes, ngl. Its has been sealed out. Good shit.

Another note from the side characters like Sakura, Remi, and then Tooru, that might strongly eating the whole future plot lines. But, apparently, the show kept balancing the scenes to be the same amount, between the main and side one. Idk with the later episodes, tho. I don't even know about Yuki status till now, cause the show still had a lack depicting her character. So, yeah, i just hope it can be maintained that kind of method, well enough, until the end of these season. Lets see....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 6, 2021 9:41 PM

Sep 2020
Gilgameshuu said:
Amalik0029 said:

This show is not for you drop it, and watch only re zero in that way we all will be happy

Telling me to drop it because I criticized an episode? That seems a little too extreme, I'm still interested to see more it's just that I prefer my romance anime confessions with proper build-up.

Ooo my bad, it was just my opinion and about this Anime It not like other romcom anime it's different and explores the already established relationships more and you are watching a comedy centric romance anime so the dialogue need to be awkward it's not attack on Titan
Feb 6, 2021 9:53 PM

Apr 2020
They became a couple!

Sad boy Tooru, i feel u bro ... and it turns out that Sakura likes Tooru
Feb 6, 2021 10:25 PM
Jan 2021
damn it bro.... its so sad to know what this master piece episode over hahaha, this anime remains incredible, another level.
Feb 6, 2021 11:38 PM

Jun 2020
Too cute!!!!! Ucchi is doing a perfect job with Miyamura ♡

And Kyousuke appears!!!!!!

Tooru BEST BOY ♡______♡

I still prefer the manga but this adaptation is a nice little add on, enjoying it! Love the piano OST as well the one that plays during Remi & Sakura’s scene

Edit: seeing the reactions here, I think people will get annoyed when they see that
kur0baFeb 7, 2021 12:15 AM

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Feb 6, 2021 11:39 PM

Jan 2019
aww yea it's mutual
Feb 6, 2021 11:47 PM
Jun 2017
A very cute and sweet episode indeed
Feb 7, 2021 12:05 AM

Nov 2018
kinda disappointed they skip sengoku part while witnessing miyamura getting hit by the book..
the intention to only focusing on the main couple kinda ruin the relationship building with all the side cast, but it's still visually stunning, well hmm..
Feb 7, 2021 12:06 AM

Jul 2017
Well, Miyamura's confession is SUPER EFFECTIVE towards Hori Kyoko. From that to holding hands for a confirmed relationship, the first major milestone of the series.

What Souta saw with Miyamura, Shindo and Chika (with semblance to Kaguya-sama with the name), a perfectly reasonable misunderstanding.

HEH, Best Dad Kyosuke sure is a wreck from first impressions, and even more so with the taunting towards Miyamura. Lots of loopholes to appease Jotaro's VA, and even dissing him like a funny man, that's quite the hilarity.

Sorry man Ishikawa, you never had a chance against Miyamura, though you were the closest to Hori. The next step: Sakura and Ishikawa, and Remi, rather than being the ass against Hori before, tries to be supportive towards Sakura and giving her confidence for her ugly self.

Well, this is quite the episode.
Feb 7, 2021 12:38 AM

Aug 2017
Such an endearing show. Time for glasses girl to get a makeover.

Feb 7, 2021 1:12 AM
Jan 2021
It's not like other romcoms it has already confessed the feelings,man I love this anime.
Feb 7, 2021 1:45 AM

May 2020
KillerCrocX said:
69noonji said:
bro there's like no development in their relationship. like why do they love each other already
I don't know about no development but it is rushed, but I think thats why I like it so much. I wanted a chill/comedy romance, and we get that but shit actually happens in their relationship. Like many comedy romances is just a harem and nothing major happens. Then you can watch a romance anime where relationships actually develop alot but its filled with slow cliche plot points that I've seen a million times before. I wouldn't say no development, like they have time skips where id assume they are just hanging out in that time. Do we really need to see all the friends go to a fireworks festival or have a school festival to develop their relationship?

Overall I just like the fast pace. I really don't need another harem that goes no where or a really slow drama romance, seen that so many times.

Yeah i agree ..

I like that part also. You think that you love someone even if you see her/him for first time.. That is love ^^
“Reality rejected… synapses shattered… be vanished from this world!” ~ Rikka Takanashi
Feb 7, 2021 2:15 AM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Kyousuke lowkey a King for just advancing their relationship like that although I'm pretty Miyamura's existence shortened by like 10 years.

Max cuteness this episode. Do not recommend watching at night, it's making me lightheaded squealing quietly LOL.

I wasn't sure how I felt about the quick pacing, but gosh all the seiyuus and also the animation is so on point *chef's kiss*. My heart breaks that we're almost halfway over.
Feb 7, 2021 2:16 AM
Feb 2021
Finally they r become a couple
Feb 7, 2021 2:25 AM
Oct 2019
Curious where the show goes from here now that they're dating. Certain situations can't play out a well unless the relationship is in the stage of more than friends, but not dating. Nervous and excited to see how the show will be able to keep up the charm its been so consistent with
Feb 7, 2021 4:33 AM

Oct 2016
Best dad has arrived.

They're cutting a lot of fun stuff out, but the anime is still pretty great it's just more straight to the point. If ya'll like fun stuff, I suggest giving the manga a go.

Toru is legit best bro, you'll find someone soon Toru, don't you worry. And our awkward couple's relationship has now sailed, that was a really great episode, looking forward to the next one.
Feb 7, 2021 4:42 AM

Nov 2019
Is it a Japanese custom for children to physically hit their parents to show closeness and affection?

Okay episode. Some time passed with a misunderstanding, some time with the newly introduced unorthodox daddy, some moments of a foreboding ToruxSakura arc. I don't understand the character of Remi. Is she supposed to be portraying a troll? Or is she is just too casual and that unsettles people?
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Feb 7, 2021 5:15 AM

Apr 2020
Hori-san's "Baka Baka Baka" is the one I always awaited for. Enjoyful episode this time.
Feb 7, 2021 5:20 AM

Jul 2014
This show is weirdly casual about characters being physically violent, huh? Hori casually hits people and throws books at them like it's nothing while Miyamura resorts to violence whenever he's annoyed with someone (headbutting Sengoku in public and his fight with Toru last episode). It just creates a strange tonal disonance in what is supposed to be a laid-back, relatively realistic high-school romcom series. The amount of red flags I see in Hori's treatment of her father and of Miyamura is particularly concerning, and makes it ever so slightly harder to root for their relationship than it should be.

However, the problems on that front still mostly stem from the show's very obvious rushing in terms of the passage of time and the events shown. On the one hand, it's refreshing to have a couple get together this early, but on the other hand it doesn't feel even remotely earned or realistic as we've still not seen enough of these two interacting normally to make their relationship at this stage feel plausible (I genuinely don't see why they love each other already, based on their interactions so far). Ore Monogatari pulled off putting its main couple together early much better than this show has managed, that's for sure.

Oh well, now that they're in a relationship, let's see where things goes from here. Hopefully they can both reduce their violent tendencies going forward, as I could easily see that causing a lot of problems down the line.
Feb 7, 2021 5:27 AM

Feb 2014
Kyosuke's finally here. The air in the Hori household just reached a new high. We gonna get the best family goals with Miyamura in the bond. Also Iura made an appearance. The idiot is declared here. XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Feb 7, 2021 5:27 AM

Mar 2010
Miyamura can't even say another girls name lol or he gets hit.
Feb 7, 2021 6:11 AM
Apr 2019
Kyousuke is a cool dad! I thought he would be mad at Miyamura at first, but sounds like he's chill af.
Feb 7, 2021 6:21 AM

Oct 2013
Rakabat said:
Hori-san's "Baka Baka Baka" is the one I always awaited for. Enjoyful episode this time.

Right! As soon as she said baka I was like ooooooh hell nah, here we go again!
Love that baka train it's tooooooo cute!

Feb 7, 2021 6:21 AM

May 2017
i dont like Kyousuke hair style, he reminds me of a character...
Feb 7, 2021 6:29 AM

Mar 2013
This Episode was super cute and funny as usual.

I loved when Hori's Dad came over, it was fun to watch. Curious how their relationship actually is and why he isn't home much. There doesn't seem to be much bad blood between them but..? I wonder if that will get explored sometime soon or if I need to pick up the Manga for that.

So I guess Hori and Miyamura are officially a couple now? I was waiting for some big scene but to be honest it was super cute this way as well ◕ ‿ ◕。 I did feel bad for Toru a bit tho, but I am glad that his friendship with Miyamura didn't take a hit.

Excited how things will go down/develop from now on. I also enjoy the pacing of it so far, I know it is a bit fast but I do not mind at all.
"You think your power has limits, I say it's limitless."

Feb 7, 2021 7:25 AM

Feb 2020
THIS EPISODE WAS AWESOME!! Really cute episode, loved it so much!!!!
Feb 7, 2021 8:25 AM
Feb 2019
69noonji said:
bro there's like no development in their relationship. like why do they love each other already
Its rushed in the anime, so your decision will be one thing, read the manga
Feb 7, 2021 8:36 AM

Sep 2017
That was very sweet. I thought the dad was gonna ruin it and I was gonna be pretty annoyed by this boring cliche, but the dad was so forward he forced their hand at an answer. Pretty cute & walking home in the night time parting halfway is mega relatable.

Also Remi has been a bit of a twat but it was nice seeing her actually be a good friend.
Feb 7, 2021 8:38 AM

May 2010
Favorite episode so far, mainly because of the story progression.
Other than that, we need more Ishikawa and Sakura from now on.

Good thing, they addressed the cliffhanger right away, then led up to the story progression, unlike in the previous episode where they jump to another random sit-com event instead.

Thoughts summarized here.

https://thatlazyfan.wixsite.com/anime/post/horimiya-episode-5-thoughts

Also, Horimiya trended locally on twitter today.
StormViruzFeb 7, 2021 8:44 AM
Feb 7, 2021 8:41 AM

Oct 2011
really liked this episode... probably one of the most "natural" start of relationship I can remember in an anime... I mean, most animes always make the thing a big dramatic event...
Feb 7, 2021 8:56 AM

May 2020
KillerCrocX said:
69noonji said:
I don't know about no development but it is rushed, but I think thats why I like it so much. I wanted a chill/comedy romance, and we get that but shit actually happens in their relationship. Like many comedy romances is just a harem and nothing major happens. Then you can watch a romance anime where relationships actually develop alot but its filled with slow cliche plot points that I've seen a million times before. I wouldn't say no development, like they have time skips where id assume they are just hanging out in that time. Do we really need to see all the friends go to a fireworks festival or have a school festival to develop their relationship?

Overall I just like the fast pace. I really don't need another harem that goes no where or a really slow drama romance, seen that so many times.

Totally agree with the pacing, it is so satisfying to actually see a couple get together. And it's not after 30 episodes of miscommunication and stupid situations!

As for their development, there was totally relationship building. They spent a ton of time with each other during and after school, got to see the "hidden" sides of each other which builds up their trust in each other, and started to share interests with each other. Plus... this is high school lol. Kids in high school (and even a lot of adults, honestly) are generally pretty quick to say "I love you" so it's not surprising that they hung out a ton and became friends, started crushing on each other, then confessed all within probably a few months (is there an actual timeline at all?).
Feb 7, 2021 9:10 AM
Aug 2020
The most wholesome eps so far, Kyousuke appareance in this eps adds a lot imo
Feb 7, 2021 9:20 AM
Sep 2020
Gilgameshuu said:
I don't like how there was basically no build-up to them becoming a couple, it just... happened... I personally felt like this episode was a little hard to watch, the beginning was very annoying with the whole misunderstanding and in the middle it felt really awkward, the dialogue in this show is really awkward in the first place, at least in my perspective.
Gilgameshuu said:

true that's what I'm feeling kind of
Feb 7, 2021 9:24 AM
Sep 2020
shortkitty said:
KillerCrocX said:

Totally agree with the pacing, it is so satisfying to actually see a couple get together. And it's not after 30 episodes of miscommunication and stupid situations!

As for their development, there was totally relationship building. They spent a ton of time with each other during and after school, got to see the "hidden" sides of each other which builds up their trust in each other, and started to share interests with each other. Plus... this is high school lol. Kids in high school (and even a lot of adults, honestly) are generally pretty quick to say "I love you" so it's not surprising that they hung out a ton and became friends, started crushing on each other, then confessed all within probably a few months (is there an actual timeline at all?).

I know its known that they hang out after school alot but it's not explicitly showned so I don't really feel the build up too their relationship and it's just awkward sometimes when I hear them at the stage where they love each other without seeing how it happened. I know how it happens but it's just doesn't sit right with me
Feb 7, 2021 9:26 AM

Mar 2017
I really love the way Hori and Miyamura end up together; it's not some big, grand romantic event - it's simple and pretty underwhelming and it's so much more realistic than most romance stories because that's how most couples get together IRL. My heart did ache a little for Ishikawa when he cried though.

Kyousuke has arrived and he wastes no time in fucking things up in that moronic way of his haha I'm not gonna lie; I think he's such an awesome dad and it's so funny the way he teases Miyamura from the minute he meets him (like the 'you cannot have my daughter!' joke)
Feb 7, 2021 9:53 AM
Mar 2020
waht a godamm good replacement for tonikaku kawai, this has to be the best episode till now, I was just smiling through out the whole episode 😂
Feb 7, 2021 11:15 AM

May 2018
Hori's dad is 100% a hentai protagonist
Feb 7, 2021 1:45 PM
Jun 2020
Miyamura is top 3 current rom com protagonist
Feb 7, 2021 1:50 PM
May 2019
ngl, I'm kinda more interested in Sakura and Ishikawa's relationship than the main two
Feb 7, 2021 2:48 PM
Apr 2017
HORI CONFESSED HER FEELINGS AND KYOSUKE APPEARS!?!?!? LET'S GO!!!
Feb 7, 2021 3:21 PM
Dec 2017
Thank god! An anime where the show doesn't end at the confession and we actually get to see them dating! Those kind of shows are my favourite romance shows and I'm glad we've gotten more of them in the recent years (Wotakoi, Over The Moon for You, and now Horimiya). I'm really looking forward to seeing how their relationship develops.
Feb 7, 2021 4:09 PM
Jun 2013
lmao some have to be kidding with this "rushed" and "no development" bullshit, 5 episodes of 2 teenagers that were basically a couple already, just too shy to make it official and when they decide to make, it's "rushed"? their sexual tension were at the roof for a while kkkkk People get together in real life in a matter of few days after knowing each other, some fall in love at first sight, people don't wait for 12 episodes to get together.
Feb 7, 2021 6:11 PM
Dec 2020
ok i just wanna know which chapter is this episode at
someone plz tell me
Feb 7, 2021 6:29 PM

Jul 2016
We got the answer of the confession on Hori by Miyamura this episode. They looked cute together, and Kyousuke appears looks like a nice dad and hilarious too. Liked that the misunderstandings does not lingered this episode and Hori apologizes to Miyamura. The hand holding scene is good too.

Overall its the best episode of Horimiya yet

Feb 7, 2021 8:25 PM
Jan 2018
The opening is going to be forever a bop, its so good.

Now into this episode, the lack of communication between the main couple is boring. SO many things can be avoided if they just talk, or in this case if Hori let Miyamura talk. Im not a fan of Hori´s tsundere like attitude, its not funny to throw things at others or to have passive aggressive actions, I like that she realize that her actions were not good, hopefully we can see more progress.

It still feels so much instalove, the pacing is to fast, they are talking about LOVE when they are teens...so weird. Not only them, but the other pairing that its being hinted, like they have met 2-3 times max and the girl likes the boy now?! Makes no sense.

Hori´s father makes his first appearance and I don't like him, he just entered the house and asked for food. Like dude, I see you have hands and legs, do it yourself. I don't find him funny, more like intrusive.

Still going to keep watching, cause I want to know what happens.
Feb 7, 2021 8:46 PM
Apr 2020
Mom approves. Souta approves. And Dad also approves. Everything's okay! Kyouko's dad is so cool. But, Izumi's like more of a family member than him, he doesn't even have his own cutlery and plate in his own home. lmao. Izumi and Kyouko are finally in a relationship, they are so cute when their blushing together! Looking forward to even more development of their relationship.

Poor Tooru tho. But, you can't force someone to like you. Well, at least, there's someone, Sakura, who likes him.

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2021

217 by Liria_Rose »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 23, 2021

233 by AwesomeAli2832 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Dominik_Fark - Jan 16, 2021

242 by AwesomeAli2832 »»
Jun 4, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Dominik_Fark - Jan 9, 2021

495 by AwesomeAli2832 »»
Jun 4, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

408 by Maarkus1 »»
Jun 2, 1:31 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.