Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jan 7, 2021 5:26 PM

Oct 2020
TheMangaManiac said:
I just want to see Eren's POV. He's supposed to be the main character of the series but now he feels like some no-name with no thoughts and no personality. He became just another plot device like Historia did.

All I get is Aliance, Alliance, Alliance, Shipping, Talking, Eldians, did I mention Alliance?
You know we as readers became "kinda" invested in Eren and his plan and all we've got is few flashbacks and "I'm sorry kid I'm gonna stomp you later". And yet we had like 5 different scenes about Annie wanting that colossal D.

I'm okay with him losing (which is kinda impossible atp because half of the planet is already scorched earth and Alliance has 0 chances against Ymir and Founder) but at least show us what he feels and what does he think about all this, not just kill him off like your regular bad guy with dumb motivation like "a girl dumped me when I was 7 and now I want to kill all humans".

Three chapters left. No way Isayama ties all loose ends together.
Not showing his POV is the point. Why? Because he is going to win and his POV is the conclusion that's gonna tie everything together. Showing it sooner than the ending would, well, spoil it.
Jan 7, 2021 5:30 PM

May 2009
Do you think Muller (Marleyan leader in Fort Salta) will kill Annie's father and other Eldians there or they will ally?
Also okapi have long tongues
Jan 7, 2021 5:34 PM

Jul 2017
TheMangaManiac said:
I just want to see Eren's POV. He's supposed to be the main character of the series but now he feels like some no-name with no thoughts and no personality. He became just another plot device like Historia did.

All I get is Aliance, Alliance, Alliance, Shipping, Talking, Eldians, did I mention Alliance?
You know we as readers became "kinda" invested in Eren and his plan and all we've got is few flashbacks and "I'm sorry kid I'm gonna stomp you later". And yet we had like 5 different scenes about Annie wanting that colossal D.

I'm okay with him losing (which is kinda impossible atp because half of the planet is already scorched earth and Alliance has 0 chances against Ymir and Founder) but at least show us what he feels and what does he think about all this, not just kill him off like your regular bad guy with dumb motivation like "a girl dumped me when I was 7 and now I want to kill all humans".

Three chapters left. No way Isayama ties all loose ends together.

I remember you mentioning Eren's POV in another thread, and I just can't help but agree again. It's seriously more substantial than the basement reveal, and it's insight that can't be half-assed. I still feel it's just a bit early to worry tho, but reading this really brought it from the back of my mind lol

Jan 7, 2021 5:51 PM

Oct 2020
bastek66 said:
Do you think Muller (Marleyan leader in Fort Salta) will kill Annie's father and other Eldians there or they will ally?
I believe the point of the scene was that he will be the one to make peace with the two sides. I really liked that scene as it showed peace isn't something so easily achievable. Even if Muller and Mr. Leonhart reach an agreement and join hands, your average Marleyan will still hate your average Eldian and vice versa. This is one of the more important reasons why I liked this chapter since it proves Isayama isn't making a peace ending an asspull. If the fort Salta people survive, making peace over time with such a small group over time should be believable as opposed to the entire world suddenly agreeing Eldians are good now.
Jan 7, 2021 6:05 PM

Dec 2020
bastek66 said:
If the fort Salta people survive, making peace over time with such a small group over time should be believable as opposed to the entire world suddenly agreeing Eldians are good now.

I really can't see how is this supposed to work. A small group of witnesses won't change the opinions of enraged people all across the world and the selfish ambition of those who will exploit Paradis' weakness without titans.
Jan 7, 2021 6:12 PM
Jul 2018
Lux_Vacui said:
bastek66 said:
If the fort Salta people survive, making peace over time with such a small group over time should be believable as opposed to the entire world suddenly agreeing Eldians are good now.

I really can't see how is this supposed to work. A small group of witnesses won't change the opinions of enraged people all across the world and the selfish ambition of those who will exploit Paradis' weakness without titans.

bro everyone's already dead
Jan 7, 2021 6:12 PM

May 2009
Lux_Vacui said:
bastek66 said:

I think that if they kill them Eren will be proven again about being right.
Jan 7, 2021 6:22 PM

Dec 2020
chiearlymorning said:
Lux_Vacui said:

bro everyone's already dead

We really don't know the extent of the rumbling so far, do we? And besides the cycle of revenge will continue anyway, because they are one weak nations and everyone else will have even more excuses to attack them. No matter how damaged they were left, they are all allied with each other and they have all the reason to not miss the chance of destroying them, now especially.

I believe the peace ending will happen however, everything is pointing at it. Everything but simple logic, that is.
Jan 7, 2021 6:22 PM

Oct 2020
Lux_Vacui said:
bastek66 said:

I guess I wasn't clear. I was trying to say the fort Salta people will be the only Rumbling survivors.
Jan 7, 2021 6:28 PM

Dec 2020
I_Am_Freeballing said:
Lux_Vacui said:

I guess I wasn't clear. I was trying to say the fort Salta people will be the only Rumbling survivors.

Oh, that would make sense then. But it would require a lot of plot convenient timing, the rumbling already being finished everywhere else and that fort being the last target.
Jan 7, 2021 6:31 PM

Dec 2013
Just kill your characters already for fuck's sake. They're all surrounded by hundreds of titans and you have Reiner beheading one with a chop while he's been jobbing for a 100 chapters now...
Why does Levi still want to find Zeke ? What's even the point really ? He should have just died from that explosion like any human character in a realistic story is supposed to.
And the Armin wank is insufferable. He was just a terrible replacement for Erwin, if anything it would've been more interesting if Levi had said the opposite.
I don't like where this is going. Seems like Armin's gotta be the hero of the story. Very fearful of the ending, this better not shit the bed because I can accept Liar Game having a shitty ending and still enjoying it while rereading it, but with this I will not.
Jan 7, 2021 6:41 PM

Oct 2020
Lux_Vacui said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

Oh, that would make sense then. But it would require a lot of plot convenient timing, the rumbling already being finished everywhere else and that fort being the last target.
True, but even if Eren is stopped which I believe he will be just before he reaches the fort, the colossals might continue to march. The terrain of the fort itself would prevent the mindless colossals from stomping it (unless they use their arms to just slap the surface of it).

Or we are just assuming there's much more land after the fort based on real life geography while in reality AOT world is just partly what Earth is.
Jan 7, 2021 8:03 PM
Dec 2019
Farith10 said:
chiearlymorning said:
Why is the warhammer titan still standing there with pieck's titan? Did time just freeze for them when we left off during the start of last chapter? Why didn't the warhammer titan just swing pieck off the founding titan as soon as it can? Why is reiner able to fight an army of warhammer titans by himself when they all have hardened weapons that can pierce through his armor? why didn't falco just transform in the water instead of sinking the ship and now everyone's stranded in the middle of the ocean? how is falco so good at flying that he can dodge an army of warhammer titan archers when it's the first time he transformed?

seriously what is going on with attack on titan?

Why didn't Berthold nuked Shinganshina instead of just breaking the wall??
Why did Marley sent fucking childs to obtain the founder?
Why did Monke waited for the Survey Corps to organize instead of just attacking ASAP?
Why Rodd tried to Talk no justu Historia instead of just transform her and force her to eat Eren?
Why didn't the Warriors kidnaped Eren earlier while no one was watching and escaped?
You sound like my dad, if you nitpick like this almost every work of fiction falls apart

And here we got a nice example of strawmaning... if you think the dude is exaggerating in his vision then argue why, instead of giving this shitty examples to ridiculize him.

1.bertholt didnt nuke shinganshina because the genocide route wasnt the first check in his plan, he wanted to infiltrate and obtain the founder and that was a hit and hide strategy,he couldnt risk taking him down... its painly obvious.

2. Marley probably send childs because it is easier to manipulate their feelings and brainwashing... an adult reacts different to war, to finding he is killing actual human beings, decent people, innocent people... and also answer different to threats on their family...in general, they judge better... hell if bertholt were 10 years older at the moment he face armin he may have acted different,maybe to the point of betraying marley as a double agent, a teenager would harldy have the guts, the temper and the brain to do such a thing, to fight against their tyrants, their slavers... in short they probably send kids to secure loyalty.

3. For the same reason as point 1... they were on a black ops mission, not a scorched earth one... jesus...

4. Maybe because he never had a proper parental relationship with historia, actually totally the opposite, and hence was harder to pull the authority card ? Also he didnt had the strenght nor the loyalty of kenny as uri had, to secure a defense to his live if she backlashed against his threat? The deceptful strategy was clearly better, and it seems he used his head... not bad writing here, as he wasnt portrayed as dumb character.

4. This is a point too far to my memory to recall, maybe because it was too hard for them to escape with him from the city, they also liked and cherished the surveys at the time they figured he was the founder, and hence tried to get him outside the walls, via annie, without anyone noticing and a low number of casualties ? here i am not sure, but there should be a case or a solid reason behind to just not run the two walls with eren on their back rampaging everything.

In general, i think you chose pretty bad examples of apparent plotholes or asspulls for isayama to justify this shitty arc, in which the issue are not only characters acting out of place like in the situations you suggested, but actually nonsense in habilites and power... like pieck being able to eject like a rocket from her titan or being able to spam transformations when she never did such a thing like ever... especially for her who is really smart person to not use such an advantage breaks the suspension of disbelief in pieces... this was supposed a really serious shonen, in a similar tier to seinens like berserk ... and now well...
Jan 7, 2021 8:22 PM

Aug 2019
Sorry, I don't see the nonsense in Pieck's hability.

We've known for a while that endurance is the cart titan main feature, and we've seen before how Eren in the Liberio battle did something similar.

She even did something similar before in the Paradis battle by faking her death.
Jan 7, 2021 8:42 PM
Dec 2019
keragamming said:
From reading the comments the impression I get is if Eren wins, best manga ever! Classic!

If Eren loses, shounen ending, generic bad ending, snk fell apart, not a classic!

Folks here are subconsciously nitpicking because they don't want the alliance to win.

Farith10 said:

Why didn't Berthold nuked Shinganshina instead of just breaking the wall??
Why did Marley sent fucking childs to obtain the founder?
Why did Monke waited for the Survey Corps to organize instead of just attacking ASAP?
Why Rodd tried to Talk no justu Historia instead of just transform her and force her to eat Eren?
Why didn't the Warriors kidnaped Eren earlier while no one was watching and escaped?
You sound like my dad, if you nitpick like this almost every work of fiction falls apart

I love this counter argument to @chiearlymorning which he simple ignores.

The thing is we can nitpick literally every story like this, because in the end it's a story that was written by a human and not real life events, so all these things happening is on purpose obviously, the trick is for the author to try and hide the convenience of these things , but when a person don't like a series or the direction it has gone into that's when these conveniences become more apparent.

You don't want Eren to lose hence you are subconsciously looking at anything that would conveniently help the allieance in winning or having a chance to win.

Folks here have their opinion, and because of what is going on right now it seems the allience will win, therefore they have already drop the series or saying the ending is shit without seeing the ending I call these person time travellers I'm not saying persons can't make prediction of how it will end, but making premature comments before it ends may put you in the category of "this comment didn't age well"

Isayama could easily be baiting his readers into thinking Eren will lose only to make Eren somehow wins.

When Eren took the Warhammer power some readers were saying he is getting too op and that no villain will be able to defeat him and that it doesn't even make sense to continue as we all know how the story will end, the good guys including Eren will defeat the final boss the end.

Only for Isayama to do a reverse card make Eren the villain himself. So this could be another one if those things.

Persons could be right but all I am saying is at least see the end before making these conclusion and calling the manga shit before you actual see the end.

You dont know to differ between plot convenience, plot holes and direct asspulls it seems. The last two are clear indiccator of bad writing... Most of the counters you are praising arent either, and have a solid reason behindthat could explain the character acts, if you well use your brain seriously for a work that deserve it and figure things, instead of just rushing at the apparent coolness like a fanboy for his crush... because thats the type of lightread that emanate in this type of reasoning, without acritude.
Jan 7, 2021 8:48 PM
Jul 2016
The criticism of this chapter really gave me a headache.
Asspull? Only Falco timing of helping alliance is the plot convenience
No one died, bad writing? LOL, thankfully the death flags in this chapter are huge so expect some deaths next chapters
Where Eren, bad writing without him? This one takes the cake for being the most laughable opinion, its not even criticism lol
Jan 7, 2021 9:01 PM

Oct 2013
Vinicius234 said:
keragamming said:
From reading the comments the impression I get is if Eren wins, best manga ever! Classic!

If Eren loses, shounen ending, generic bad ending, snk fell apart, not a classic!

Folks here are subconsciously nitpicking because they don't want the alliance to win.

I love this counter argument to @chiearlymorning which he simple ignores.

The thing is we can nitpick literally every story like this, because in the end it's a story that was written by a human and not real life events, so all these things happening is on purpose obviously, the trick is for the author to try and hide the convenience of these things , but when a person don't like a series or the direction it has gone into that's when these conveniences become more apparent.

You don't want Eren to lose hence you are subconsciously looking at anything that would conveniently help the allieance in winning or having a chance to win.

Folks here have their opinion, and because of what is going on right now it seems the allience will win, therefore they have already drop the series or saying the ending is shit without seeing the ending I call these person time travellers I'm not saying persons can't make prediction of how it will end, but making premature comments before it ends may put you in the category of "this comment didn't age well"

Isayama could easily be baiting his readers into thinking Eren will lose only to make Eren somehow wins.

When Eren took the Warhammer power some readers were saying he is getting too op and that no villain will be able to defeat him and that it doesn't even make sense to continue as we all know how the story will end, the good guys including Eren will defeat the final boss the end.

Only for Isayama to do a reverse card make Eren the villain himself. So this could be another one if those things.

Persons could be right but all I am saying is at least see the end before making these conclusion and calling the manga shit before you actual see the end.

You dont know to differ between plot convenience, plot holes and direct asspulls it seems. The last two are clear indiccator of bad writing... Most of the counters you are praising arent either, and have a solid reason behindthat could explain the character acts, if you well use your brain seriously for a work that deserve it and figure things, instead of just rushing at the apparent coolness like a fanboy for his crush... because thats the type of lightread that emanate in this type of reasoning, without acritude.

I honestly don't know what the hell you are talking about, but you do you.

I won't be replying to anyone else comment until the last chapter. For the next two chapters just going to post my comment and move on.

Because at the end of the day persons don't want Eren to lose and if he does the series is now bad, so I will wait on the ending as arguing now is a waste.
Jan 7, 2021 9:25 PM

Oct 2017
Well it's already pretty obvious how this will end and that's with Eren's death but I want Eren to kill these hypocrites tbh. They are so annoying, starting with Levi. This dude has lived too long.

So Armin met Zeke, can he get him back.
Jan 7, 2021 9:36 PM
Dec 2019
cAbaddon said:

We've known for a while that endurance is the cart titan main feature, and we've seen before how Eren in the Liberio battle did something similar.

She even did something similar before in the Paradis battle by faking her death.

I imagine you replied to me... ok i am rephrasing it to be clear: we have seen shifters transform and get out of her titans many times, but always surrounded by a sticky tissue around the neck which disables them of getting out too fast, well... in this chapter she revealed she could spam the transformation (not an issue, actually feasible ) and get of her titan as if she had a rocket in her ass LMFAO, or a permanent eject chair in her nape... hence been able to practically "afterimage" herself due to the high speed in which she did it... that would be unique to her (an strecth from yams)... and a plothole because it would be absurd to use a titan so fast, capable of spamming transformations and flanking their enemies at that speed, as a clear target with a cannon... if she was capable of such a thing eren would have been done in a pair of minutes, especially considering he was fighting porco and reiner too. It is an asspull.

Isayama is trying too hard to justify all of them surviving a goddess and a bunch of mosters... so much it is lame and indicative of a loss of quality in the writing. Until now, it seems he is spiting in his own work, his own legacy as a true architect of a masterpiece...everything before chapter 133 related to him closer to grr martin tier, and this... this is proper of D and Ds, i am sorry.
Jan 7, 2021 9:53 PM
Jul 2018
keragamming said:

Not necessarily, in fact, I don't mind any side winning as long as it's well-written. my issues are as follows:
To begin with, the flying titan thing came out of nowhere and had no proper explanation or prior mention, it just... happened somehow. And no, Falco having Zeke's spinal fluid isn't sufficient justification.

Another thing is the founding titan being able to manifest ALL shifters throughout history, that is nonsensical as well. Sure Ymir can control eldians but those shifters should be long dead, you can't do broken stuff and just blame it on P A T H S.
Jan 7, 2021 10:01 PM
Jul 2018
Also, we've never gotten a backstory on Ymir. Why did she make a deal with the devil? What's her goal exactly? There's no way all that will be covered in three chapters.
Jan 7, 2021 10:56 PM
Nov 2020
AbuHumaid said:
Also, we've never gotten a backstory on Ymir. Why did she make a deal with the devil? What's her goal exactly? There's no way all that will be covered in three chapters.

didn't you read chapter 122?ymir's backstory was already revealed in that chapter.you should read that chapter to know what actually happened to ymir.
Jan 7, 2021 11:06 PM
Jul 2016
AbuHumaid said:
keragamming said:

Not necessarily, in fact, I don't mind any side winning as long as it's well-written. my issues are as follows:
To begin with, the flying titan thing came out of nowhere and had no proper explanation or prior mention, it just... happened somehow. And no, Falco having Zeke's spinal fluid isn't sufficient justification.

Another thing is the founding titan being able to manifest ALL shifters throughout history, that is nonsensical as well. Sure Ymir can control eldians but those shifters should be long dead, you can't do broken stuff and just blame it on P A T H S.

I’m pretty sure that all the past titans are built using warhammer titan’s ability. Eren alr ate Warhammer titan shifter in liberio raid. And just like beast titan in ch 134, i’m pretty sure there were no shifters inside those past titans’s necks
Jan 7, 2021 11:30 PM

Nov 2017
SethBigBoss said:
AliAnimeCrack said:

It seems like you don't like the manga? I mean, come on, complaining about a minor issue (if it even is one) in one chapter is kind of... childish? I would suggest you stop reading the manga if you are gonna be so nitpicky about such small details. Up to you, though. I know, it's hard not be a prick.

I see a lot of people just shitting on the show because of some microscopic detail they happened to pick up then use it solely to complain. Like, who gives a shit...

Frankly, it's kind of funny reacting to these dumb comments. It just shows how far people will go to ruin things for others.

Obvious plot armor isn't a minor issue, at least for me, good for you if you have low standards but don't force your opinion on me because it's... cringy

You suggest someone who has read 136 chapters to stop reading a serie even though there's only 3 chapters left ? I don't want to be mean but think a bit before talking.

Frankly, it's kind of funny reacting to fanboy's comments. It just shows how far people will go to defend dumb things.

I mean, why even read the manga in the first place if you are gonna ride the hate bandwagon so badly at this point? If you at some point started to feel like the manga was getting very bad for you, you should've dropped it then and there. No need to spread all your toxicity. You are calling people cringe, but in reality, it's you who is cringy. Really? "Cringevengers"?.... It's pretty obvious.

Look, it's completely subjective, so I respect that you probably do not like the manga. But you don't need to go so far to shit on it and go out of your way to spread toxicity in the community (your signature, profile page etc.). I am kind of disappointed.

Anyway, let us not fight about this.
AliAnimeCrackJan 7, 2021 11:34 PM
"𝗘𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝗮 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝗰𝗮𝗻'𝘁 𝗳𝗶𝘅 𝗶𝗻𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗺. 𝗜𝘁 𝗱𝗼𝗲𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗶𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗼𝗿 𝗯𝗮𝗱, 𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝘁𝗿𝘆. 𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗽 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘀𝘂𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱... 𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹l 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱𝗻'𝘁 𝗯𝗲 𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗰𝗼𝗿𝗿𝗲𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗿 𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗱𝘆 𝗶𝘁. 𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗰𝗮𝗻'𝘁 𝗳𝗶𝘅, 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗰𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗮 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻'𝘀 𝗻𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲."
Jan 8, 2021 1:00 AM

Jun 2009
Can't believe that so many people are rooting for the edgy "Eren kills humanity" ending while not realizing that this would actually be the laziest path.

Everyone can say shit like "humanity is evil", "humanity deserves to die". No shit. Even Devilman did something similar back in the 70's, it's really not a new or original concept. The interesting ending would be if Isayama proposed a solution to this situation that didn't involved killing everyone.
Jan 8, 2021 1:37 AM
Jul 2020
@SethBigBoss

a shit person....with a shit avatar...and a shit signature....

Miserable idiot, why are you pushing yourself to read the manga ??

Don't you care about your pants?lol
Believe me!You are the stupidest person in this site!lol
Jan 8, 2021 1:55 AM

Jan 2018
AliAnimeCrack said:
SethBigBoss said:

Obvious plot armor isn't a minor issue, at least for me, good for you if you have low standards but don't force your opinion on me because it's... cringy

You suggest someone who has read 136 chapters to stop reading a serie even though there's only 3 chapters left ? I don't want to be mean but think a bit before talking.

Frankly, it's kind of funny reacting to fanboy's comments. It just shows how far people will go to defend dumb things.

I mean, why even read the manga in the first place if you are gonna ride the hate bandwagon so badly at this point? If you at some point started to feel like the manga was getting very bad for you, you should've dropped it then and there. No need to spread all your toxicity. You are calling people cringe, but in reality, it's you who is cringy. Really? "Cringevengers"?.... It's pretty obvious.

Look, it's completely subjective, so I respect that you probably do not like the manga. But you don't need to go so far to shit on it and go out of your way to spread toxicity in the community (your signature, profile page etc.). I am kind of disappointed.

Anyway, let us not fight about this.

Why do I even read the manga in the first place? Maybe because I liked it before... I told you to think before talking. The quality dropped from chapter 123 onwards so it was too late at that point to stop.

If it's subjective why did you even come at me about nitpicking "minor details" lmao? You're obviously a fan who can't handle people bashing your beloved manga I don't think that's any less toxic than me tbh but yeah whatever.
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Jan 8, 2021 2:29 AM

Jan 2009
lol one reason that i like reddit is that memes and jokes are upvoted more and i lol at this one

Annie be like: "no Mikasa, we can't save your boyfriend. We're gotta save MY boyfriend instead!"
https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfolk/comments/ksf08y/discussion_chapter_136/gifjxqj/
Jan 8, 2021 4:12 AM

May 2009
Selenehakz said:
The criticism of this chapter really gave me a headache.
Asspull? Only Falco timing of helping alliance is the plot convenience
No one died, bad writing? LOL, thankfully the death flags in this chapter are huge so expect some deaths next chapters
Where Eren, bad writing without him? This one takes the cake for being the most laughable opinion, its not even criticism lol

Shitload of people asked why are they chasing okapi titan, it's like they didn't even read previous chapter.
Jan 8, 2021 5:30 AM

Dec 2020
kronos7 said:
Can't believe that so many people are rooting for the edgy "Eren kills humanity" ending while not realizing that this would actually be the laziest path.

Everyone can say shit like "humanity is evil", "humanity deserves to die". No shit. Even Devilman did something similar back in the 70's, it's really not a new or original concept. The interesting ending would be if Isayama proposed a solution to this situation that didn't involved killing everyone.

More than 95% work of fictions always go to the route of an alternative solution that saves everyone, don't you realize that? The stories which end with the world being destroyed are very few compared to the sheer number of good endings, because authors fear the reader will be left unsatisfied. And obviously such solutions always involve fantasy elements in it, plot tools that don't exist in reality. If such things existed it would be easy in real life to save everyone from a bad situation.

I think at this point if the author solved this conflict with some titan PATH magic solution it would be a huge cop out, i want a realistic ending. What would happen in real life if the Subjects of Ymir existed? It would probably end with the world being destroyed. All things considered Eren's "victory", if one may call it so, is the most fitting ending.
Jan 8, 2021 5:32 AM

May 2020
Disappointed again, after reading the whole thread I agree with some people pointing out some inconsistencies with this chapter, it's at least better than the last chapter, but that isn't saying much... Let's see how they end this in 3 chapters...
Jan 8, 2021 5:47 AM

Sep 2020
So ymir eats zeke too,damn but if ymir is a founding titan,why it's a pig? it's hilarious,Or ymir transformed to mindless titan and eats zeke? then becoming a pig? i think when the titan shifter power is inherited the former of the holder is actually not dead,but still living in paths,damn...
Jan 8, 2021 5:59 AM
Jul 2016
I just know that someone has to comment here, 2 posts above me lol. ‘I lost interest in the series’ just drop it then. Didnt ever bother to explain the plot conveniences, ever since AOT s4 started airing, weird enough he also just joined the discussion thread just to what? Downplay AOT since in reddit, many praise AOT more than his fav show. He claimed to be following AOT since before 122, but why hasnt he joined the discussion in all chapters before 136/135, knowing he has been in MAL for a good long time and pretty muxh active on it. I swear some people just love to trash other series just for his fav show to look good. Watch him lower AOT score because of my rants
SelenehakzJan 8, 2021 6:19 AM
Jan 8, 2021 6:15 AM
Sep 2019
Damn
- Pieck was a badass this chapter.
- Mikasa still doubtful. Her (but..) hit a nerve in me.
- Levi , Jean and Connie's determination is solid (we must kill him , that's the only solution , there's no resonating , there's no time for "Talk no Jutsu")
- Levi's death in lurking in the shadows of the next chapter , I'm sure of it. Remember what was written in the end of the chapter we know that he's still alive ? And I quote "A soldier shall not die until he has given a meaning to his life"
- at the end , I'm curious about Zeke... he's there , setting down like if he was hopeless.
Jan 8, 2021 6:23 AM

Sep 2020
344genaro345 said:

cringe only increase with every chapter
>3 chapters left
good

Eldia,Marley,They all selfish,they all the same.-Annie leondhart
Damn even when the end of the world you still fight and hate each other,what a shame,or maybe the eldia were controlled by ymir?
Jan 8, 2021 6:54 AM
Jun 2020
Pieck's fight was lit. To transform over and over again, mannnnn!
On the other hand, I wasn't expecting Eldians and Marleyans to be at the throat of each other. Like seriously? You still wanna fight?
Jan 8, 2021 8:05 AM
Dec 2020
I am just curious to know if it is possible to have a ending where eren dies (probably killed by armin or mikasa) but he had already rumbled the whole world and the only survivors are the people on paradise and few members of the Alliance (those who are not dead), just like eren wanted. This ending satisfies the fact that armin is the one who saves the world and also satisfies eren's goals.... Its just my theory and if it sounds shitty then sorry for that
Jan 8, 2021 8:19 AM

Mar 2016
I don't think 3 chapters are going to be enough for a good ending. Either they have to be 80 pages long or perhaps a fast pacing will be there.

I still hope that Eren will be stopped so that the rest of the world is free from the titans. I think only Marley has been destroyed for now while other places are still present. Oh and also the place of Azumabitos is gone.

Please Isayama, don't make an apocalyptic ending.
Jan 8, 2021 8:25 AM

Oct 2020
Vinicius234 said:
cAbaddon said:

I imagine you replied to me... ok i am rephrasing it to be clear: we have seen shifters transform and get out of her titans many times, but always surrounded by a sticky tissue around the neck which disables them of getting out too fast, well... in this chapter she revealed she could spam the transformation (not an issue, actually feasible ) and get of her titan as if she had a rocket in her ass LMFAO, or a permanent eject chair in her nape... hence been able to practically "afterimage" herself due to the high speed in which she did it... that would be unique to her (an strecth from yams)... and a plothole because it would be absurd to use a titan so fast, capable of spamming transformations and flanking their enemies at that speed, as a clear target with a cannon... if she was capable of such a thing eren would have been done in a pair of minutes, especially considering he was fighting porco and reiner too. It is an asspull.

Isayama is trying too hard to justify all of them surviving a goddess and a bunch of mosters... so much it is lame and indicative of a loss of quality in the writing. Until now, it seems he is spiting in his own work, his own legacy as a true architect of a masterpiece...everything before chapter 133 related to him closer to grr martin tier, and this... this is proper of D and Ds, i am sorry.
Did you just conveniently forget that the Cart always had something on it's back which would prevent something like what happened in ch136?
AbuHumaid said:
keragamming said:

AbuHumaid said:
No, Ymir is a literal god, she literally has the ability to modify Eldians' bodies how she wants. If she wanted she could think: ''Let all Eldians have no arms'' and the Eldians' bodies would change to accommodate that. If you read 133 you will understand Ymir/Eren are not using their full powers to stop the alliance. If anything, Ymir is holding back. And no, she made no deal with the devil, reread 122. The centipede looking thing was even mentioned in 136 by Gabi which means we will get to learn more about it. So it will be explained. The people complaining about Falco's flying ability comes from their lack of understanding of powers in this story. There are no asspulls there.
Jan 8, 2021 8:30 AM

Aug 2018
Yams should have ended this with basement reveal. Except the Eren's character development, anything else's been a disappointment. Not to mention that stupid alliance and their morally superior to anyone behavior. There is one more thing to do in order to destroy this series completely and that is Eren being controlled by that alien spine thingy. Since that is mentioned by Gabi, thing is most likely going to happen. Alien thingy bad, Armin talks, Eren team up with alliance the end.
Jan 8, 2021 8:30 AM
Dec 2019
I_Am_Freeballing said:
Vinicius234 said:

Did you just conveniently forget that the Cart always had something on it's back which would prevent something like what happened in ch136?
AbuHumaid said:

AbuHumaid said:
No, Ymir is a literal god, she literally has the ability to modify Eldians' bodies how she wants. If she wanted she could think: ''Let all Eldians have no arms'' and the Eldians' bodies would change to accommodate that. If you read 133 you will understand Ymir/Eren are not using their full powers to stop the alliance. If anything, Ymir is holding back. And no, she made no deal with the devil, reread 122. The centipede looking thing was even mentioned in 136 by Gabi which means we will get to learn more about it. So it will be explained. The people complaining about Falco's flying ability comes from their lack of understanding of powers in this story. There are no asspulls there.

Quoting myself "a plothole because it would be absurd to use a titan so fast, capable of spamming transformations and flanking their enemies at that speed, as a clear target with a cannon... if she was capable of such a thing eren would have been done in a pair of minutes, especially considering he was fighting porco and reiner too. It is an asspull."

I would add that magath was fairly competent and pieck smart, so it makes even less Sense.
Jan 8, 2021 8:45 AM

Oct 2020
Vinicius234 said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

Quoting myself "a plothole because it would be absurd to use a titan so fast, capable of spamming transformations and flanking their enemies at that speed, as a clear target with a cannon... if she was capable of such a thing eren would have been done in a pair of minutes, especially considering he was fighting porco and reiner too. It is an asspull."

I would add that magath was fairly competent and pieck smart, so it makes even less Sense.
The only reason this is working is because she is fighting against mindless titans. All Eren has to do is harden his neck and her 100 speed transformations wouldn't mean anything. Not to mention all this is happening because the mindless titans conveniently miss her neck, whereas an intelligent shifter wouldn't really be in much danger once they know she would come ejecting out of there. You are also ignoring the start of chapter 104, where she used the same ability to use Falco. So no, not an asspull. Just because she didn't ever try using it against Eren doesn't make it one.
Jan 8, 2021 9:04 AM
Dec 2019
I_Am_Freeballing said:
Vinicius234 said:

The only reason this is working is because she is fighting against mindless titans. All Eren has to do is harden his neck and her 100 speed transformations wouldn't mean anything. Not to mention all this is happening because the mindless titans conveniently miss her neck, whereas an intelligent shifter wouldn't really be in much danger once they know she would come ejecting out of there. You are also ignoring the start of chapter 104, where she used the same ability to use Falco. So no, not an asspull. Just because she didn't ever try using it against Eren doesn't make it one.

Disagree, on a 1vs1 it can be argued... with a 3x1 it is nonsense as i asserted... the hardening passive meants nothing when you are surrounded an one of yor enemies can spawn and de spawn at will at that speed, hence they can tire you successfully. Basically what levi squad tried with annie...

Secondly, you are wrong with chapter 104, she never ejected herself like a rocket, she detransformed and got out with falco help... there is the doubt if the titan smoke deviated jean thunderspear, but given his nature i would take it as a hint of his softness, that he missed on purpose to not kill a kid.
Jan 8, 2021 9:06 AM

Sep 2019
Varcheicha said:
@SethBigBoss

a shit person....with a shit avatar...and a shit signature....

Miserable idiot, why are you pushing yourself to read the manga ??

Don't you care about your pants?lol
Believe me!You are the stupidest person in this site!lol
calm down kiddo. What the heaven are you talking about?
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Jan 8, 2021 9:19 AM

Oct 2020
Vinicius234 said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

Disagree, on a 1vs1 it can be argued... with a 3x1 it is nonsense as i asserted... the hardening passive meants nothing when you are surrounded an one of yor enemies can spawn and de spawn at will at that speed, hence they can tire you successfully. Basically what levi squad tried with annie...

Secondly, you are wrong with chapter 104, she never ejected herself like a rocket, she detransformed and got out with falco help... there is the doubt if the titan smoke deviated jean thunderspear, but given his nature i would take it as a hint of his softness, that he missed on purpose to not kill a kid.
Yes, but that wasn't the strategy, the strategy was to have distance so she can snipe Eren and provide backup with the panzer unit shooting the scouts. If she wasn't at a distance, the scouts would easily surround them with help of Eren.

For the 104 chapter, she might not have ejected, but she detransformed with high amounts of pressurized steam, which I believe is what she uses when she does want to eject herself. The only other titan able to use this is the Colossal, and seeing how we know Cart's endurance is the best it makes sense she can use it however much she wants if it's steam powered.

I get what you mean, but it doesn't really go against what was previously established, since it can all be explained.
Jan 8, 2021 9:24 AM

Oct 2020
hinako49 said:
I suggest you guys read ch4, there's quite an interesting resemblance in the panel drawings too for these 2 chapters..

It's true. There were similarities between ch135 and ch5. People are theorizing Isayama is going backwards and deconstructing the story. 137, 138 and 139 are believed to mirror 3, 2 and 1.
Jan 8, 2021 9:37 AM

Jul 2016
Isayama just doesn’t miss
Penguins are funny
Jan 8, 2021 9:41 AM
Nov 2020
I_Am_Freeballing said:
hinako49 said:
I suggest you guys read ch4, there's quite an interesting resemblance in the panel drawings too for these 2 chapters..

It's true. There were similarities between ch135 and ch5. People are theorizing Isayama is going backwards and deconstructing the story. 137, 138 and 139 are believed to mirror 3, 2 and 1.

Yeah i have heard about that before, but totally forgot to check out this chapter respective pair-ch 4 when it came out lol.... apparently many japanese fans are predicting the following plot by reading back ch 3, 2,1 and ch3 is where jean and eren first met, then they started a fight lol, i wonder next chapter will highlight jean's actions on this, cause according to japanese fans the typography that jean used in his dialogue this chapter is M6, you can check the explanation here :
https://twitter.com/kasumi_kasa/status/1347568918387249154
https://twitter.com/kasumi_kasa/status/1304942886849449984
Jan 8, 2021 9:57 AM

Oct 2020
hinako49 said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

Yeah i have heard about that before, but totally forgot to check out this chapter respective pair-ch 4 when it came out lol.... apparently many japanese fans are predicting the following plot by reading back ch 3, 2,1 and ch3 is where jean and eren first met, then they started a fight lol, i wonder next chapter will highlight jean's actions on this, cause according to japanese fans the typography that jean used in his dialogue this chapter is M6, you can check the explanation here :
Ok, so chapter 137 should feature some kind of interaction between Jean and Eren. In 3, Mikasa takes Eren away. Perhaps she will save Jean in 137? Or what if something happens and Mikasa accidentally does something that results in Jean's death? I shudder at the thought.

There's also an EMA talk, do we finally get a talk of the trio in 137?

Grisha's injection scene might come up again, perhaps the rest of the memory we didn't see with Zeke?

Colossal appears at the end of the chapter so I think it's safe to assume Armin is transforming in 137.
Jan 8, 2021 10:06 AM
Nov 2020
I_Am_Freeballing said:
hinako49 said:

Ok, so chapter 137 should feature some kind of interaction between Jean and Eren. In 3, Mikasa takes Eren away. Perhaps she will save Jean in 137? Or what if something happens and Mikasa accidentally does something that results in Jean's death? I shudder at the thought.

There's also an EMA talk, do we finally get a talk of the trio in 137?

Grisha's injection scene might come up again, perhaps the rest of the memory we didn't see with Zeke?

Colossal appears at the end of the chapter so I think it's safe to assume Armin is transforming in 137.

yeah tho i don't think isayama will mirror all the content in ch3, but there's gotta be some connections to it i guess, maybe like jean confronting eren cause in this chapter he is working to detonate the bomb right? and i think the scouts will be highlight too since ch3 is when they first recruited as soldier, i am hoping to see historia lol, and yeah i second your idea of armin transforming in ch137, colossal titan is the most impactful panel from ch3
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 130 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

keragamming - Jul 6, 2020

212 by Berry-Vodka »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 85 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - Sep 7, 2016

143 by CutieAnshin »»
Yesterday, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 131 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

deg - Aug 4, 2020

187 by Berry-Vodka »»
Jun 27, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 132 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2020

186 by Berry-Vodka »»
Jun 25, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 133 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Eikonomachia - Oct 6, 2020

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Jun 23, 10:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.