Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 6, 2020 9:01 AM

Jun 2019
So good. I like how Armor and Beast titan looks. I think Gabi's voice fit her.
Dec 6, 2020 9:04 AM

Oct 2013
SirTristram said:
Fax001s said:
Yeah, you can see the incredible effort they put and they absolutely delivered, one of the most hype episodes of SNK imo however i agree the potential it had was so much bigger. Well, it is what it is. I'm not mad at all tough just sad for the staff and the horrible schedule

I didn't like the ep at all for the similar reasons that posted above, but it was obvious the issues were a result of time constraints and not the laziness of the staff. This season will be way controversial than the PV and will split the fandom in two unfortunately.

OPM S2 and 7DS about the happen again if there will be decrease in the quality, like always do in anime production.

So far with roughly 200 votes it's doing pretty good in the poll, though we need a bigger sample size, so once the subs are out we will know if this season will be controversial, I think the only thing people will complain about or probably didn't like too much is the cgi, other than that I thought the direction and art is good and the soundtrack was amazing.

but let's see the reactions.
Dec 6, 2020 9:07 AM
Jul 2016
Overall nice episode, though there were around 2-3 CGI scenes that are a bit awkward, it still doesnt destroy my enjoyment for this episode and they do justice with the raining titans, Gabi, Reiner’s transformation etc. Not to mention, those soundtracks are so perfect and really fit with all the scenes
Dec 6, 2020 9:09 AM
Dec 2017
chillbagels said:
Hello, kind of new to these threads. just had a question as to why the episode looked kind of different from the trailer. Scenes looked different (some with the CG obviously, but not bad), for example the Falco opening scene and Jaw titan biting the train track. I originally thought that the first half of the trailer was what they had done already for the most part.

They had to redo all the 2D cuts for the sake of consistency, since all of the titan scenes will be using the CGI titans. I can't really comment on the falco one.
Dec 6, 2020 9:13 AM

Sep 2018
keragamming said:
So far with roughly 200 votes it's doing pretty good in the poll, though we need a bigger sample size, so once the subs are out we will know if this season will be controversial, I think the only thing people will complain about or probably didn't like too much is the cgi, other than that I thought the direction and art is good and the soundtrack was amazing.

but let's see the reactions.

The only way to truly know when it's internationally released as you said. But I don't think the criticism will mainly come from the CGI. I didn't like it, but it was the most well-done part of the episode. The biggest problems were with the directing, lack of animation, and the drawings imho. OST wasn't terrible, but not as good as the previous seasons, same goes for the sound designs. But I think that's more about the illusion I talked about few days ago, when you don't like what you see on your screen visually, you start to find faults at the sounds and other things as well.
Dec 6, 2020 9:15 AM
Sep 2017
Does anyone feel the soundtrack a bit out of place and repetitive?
Those CGI looks better than WIT Studio but still i prefer 2D.
Dec 6, 2020 9:16 AM

Aug 2013
The soundtrack is super good, the animation is good and I can't say the same for the CGI titans
Dec 6, 2020 9:17 AM

Sep 2012
whoever says opening is a meme never saw other abstract anime openings in their life. also, never been hyped so much by the opening since guren no yumiya
Dec 6, 2020 9:17 AM

Apr 2013
Looks like the same person spamming the leaks thread with his negative bias will be back weekly to spam episodes threads as well. Shame but to be expected.
Dec 6, 2020 9:18 AM

Sep 2018
Symofoner said:

Yes, I did, I talked about in the post above. Whole episode from the visuals to the OST felt like a JC Staff or something of that caliber episode to me.
SirTristramDec 6, 2020 9:23 AM
Dec 6, 2020 9:20 AM
Sep 2020
I just wonder if it's true that there will be only 16 episodes. And if yes, why they haven't announced this as "part 1" because 16 episodes won't be enough...
Dec 6, 2020 9:20 AM
Aug 2018
Symofoner said:

I agree, they kept playing that same theme we heard in the trailer for like the last 8 minutes, the CGI I really can't get over. I appreciate MAPPA's efforts and the time constraints they're under but regardless my opinion is as it is.
Dec 6, 2020 9:24 AM
May 2017
tsunderek0 said:
whoever says opening is a meme never saw other abstract anime openings in their life. also, never been hyped so much by the opening since guren no yumiya

That OP is fire. It gets better the more you listen
Dec 6, 2020 9:24 AM
Sep 2017
SirTristram said:
Symofoner said:

Yes, I did, I talked about in the post above. Whole episode from the visuals to the OST felt like a JC Staff or something of that caliber episode vibes to me.

They better use vogel im kafig or anyother soundtrack that available rather than use that OST over2 again though. I feel dissapointed for that part, i really expect some god tier OST like previous season but i think i should wait for more episode to judge the OST
Dec 6, 2020 9:25 AM
Dec 2018
chillbagels said:
Hello, kind of new to these threads. just had a question as to why the episode looked kind of different from the trailer. Scenes looked different (some with the CG obviously, but not bad), for example the Falco opening scene and Jaw titan biting the train track. I originally thought that the first half of the trailer was what they had done already for the most part.

welcome to the reality, youngin´.

the trailer was pre-animated and was no indication of what theyve actually finished or have done. everything you saw in the trailer was specifically made for the trailer - not the anime.

The production is a mess and the episode looked very bad because of it.
You can expect the episodes later down the road to look even worse.

if you are interested in more insights you can go to Page 2 (i believe Page 2 or Page 3) and read the little write up ive made over the flaws of this episode and production
Dec 6, 2020 9:26 AM

Jan 2009
petergsme said:
cAbaddon said:

It's because us manga readers know what it's coming. Even if the animation isn't flawless, the plot and writing will be GOAT level, so unless the production meltdown halfway or the adaptation gets really sloppy, yeah, it's an easy 10.

The adaptation in this chapter was great.
I'm a manga reader aswell, and even with the good pacing and superb story, it doesn't serve as an excuse for the technical quality it has, because anime is about that, animation, and while everything else can be awesome, if animation isn't on the same level I think it still doesn't deserve a 10.

WTF are you talking about? The top rated anime on this site or even previous season of Attack on iTitan aren't as good as Demon Slayer or some other shit derivative shonen overdone to death but they are rated higher. And you know why, cause they have a ton of shit going one aside from the technical side of things.

The new generations of anime watchers is really blind and driven only by animations and/if CG is present in a show. What a pity
Dec 6, 2020 9:28 AM

Oct 2013
SirTristram said:
Symofoner said:

Yes, I did, I talked about in the post above. Whole episode from the visuals to the OST felt like a JC Staff or something of that caliber episode to me.

it is the same sound director and ost maker from previous seasons. so...
Dec 6, 2020 9:31 AM
Jul 2020
I wouldn't say this episode is a 10/10. Imo the 1st few episodes are the weakest. Not saying that they're bad but it has more do with how good the remaining episodes are gonna be.
However,I really enjoyed this episode. The soundtrack was great, CGI was a lot better than I expected and I'm actually excited for what's to come.
I see a lot of Mappa hating on this thread and it's mainly done by the same people. Get a life. Morons.
Dec 6, 2020 9:31 AM

Sep 2018
keragamming said:

OST is by Yamamato not Sawano, not the same person. Sound director is the same but schedule can get to him as well. Plus, nothing he can do about if the tracks are inferior to the previous seasons.

Good for you if you had no issues or liked it, but your argument is baseless for the reasons I said. Let's not turn this into an another debating thread.
Dec 6, 2020 9:33 AM
Nov 2020
I would hate to see the final arc all condensed into a movie...
Dec 6, 2020 9:38 AM

Jul 2019
for anyone else who watched the raw. did your japanese skills do you well or nah.
Dec 6, 2020 9:39 AM
May 2017
Yesss I loved it the cgi didn't bother me that much but I am worried for future fights they can't do these huge fights full cg that would be terrible
Dec 6, 2020 9:43 AM

Oct 2013
SirTristram said:
keragamming said:

OST is by Yamamato not Sawano, not the same person. Sound director is the same but schedule can get to him as well. Plus, nothing he can do about if the tracks are inferior to the previous seasons.

Good for you if you had no issues or liked it, but your argument is baseless for the reasons I said. Let's not turn this into an another debating thread.

wasn't trying to start a argument was just pointing out it's the same sound/ost staff that worked on the previous season, Sawano is on the staff as well, so let's not pretend its only Yamamato, none of us no how much swano inputted into these ost, but everytime we get news about the soundtrack Sawano is always in the picture which means both of them are working together and not just Yamamato as you are implying.

I just pointed out its the same staff, because I know the narrative that is going on, its a different staff so therefore they are inferior card, but not this time, you can make excuses about why you don't like it, but if Wit studio was still animating snk we would still be in this said situation anyways.

You said it yourself if it was your usual wit studio art and animation you may not have been bothered by this complaint you made.

Anyways let's drop it I'm just eager to see the reaction of the public.
keragammingDec 6, 2020 9:46 AM
Dec 6, 2020 9:45 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I'll be honest here: 9.22/10 is a little too much for this episode but it still deserves a generous 9/10 nonetheless. Action galore this episode and it wasn't the typical SnK style, welcome aboard anime-onlies to the real SnK Part 2.

Abundant use of CG for which I'm not particularly pleased to see, especially some of the titan shots, but they were by no means a major turn off. Colour saturation seems slightly different and I'm guessing it'll take a bit of getting used to.

Seriously though, some of the buildup and that final titan swarm from the sky was fantastic. It's a solid start from MAPPA and here's to hoping they keep up this level of quality.

And now, the Op & ED. Personally, the Op for me is very unique and stylistic but I just can't help but have mixed feelings over it. Dorohedoro resemblance is quite strong in that, I must say. As for the ED, it was definitely more fitting and the visual complements it too but it's a probably a little under par compared to the previous ED themes. Hopefully, with time, they'll grow on me though.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 6, 2020 9:49 AM
Apr 2020
Man this episode was good,the cg might be disappointing for some people but it was good in my opinion, the op was scary, weird and beautiful at the same time i love it!! But if i had a complain that will be the blur effect, there's too much blur it's kinda hard to see what's going on....but still 4/5 ep for me good job mappa
Dec 6, 2020 9:50 AM

Aug 2013
kaiser17 said:
anyone knows which manga chapter is this?
chapters 91 + 92 ddddddd
Dec 6, 2020 9:51 AM
Apr 2019
It was okay,they didn't aim too high so that it can fall apart later .

Episode was like a moving manga,with added colours and some good effect animation. Effects are really in good hands.

CG was good for Armoured ,

Glad to see
in the ending sequence.Also interesting tidbit to know how they were already in Marley when people celebrated the win
Dec 6, 2020 9:52 AM
Mar 2018
Might be a bit too early to judge, but I now have much less hope for Mappa in the next episodes. Don’t get me wrong, this first episode isn’t bad by any means, but if it consistently remains this way then it won’t ever meet the expectations of the manga content and all the previous seasons. Not to mention that it’s only so if the production is consistent, otherwise any drop in quality would make this a complete failure.
Dec 6, 2020 9:53 AM
Apr 2019
NextUniverse said:
for anyone else who watched the raw. did your japanese skills do you well or nah.
yeah pretty much since I already read the manga and kinda knew the dialogues just from watching a scene
Dec 6, 2020 9:54 AM

Jul 2019
NakolHira said:
NextUniverse said:
yeah pretty much since I already read the manga and kinda knew the dialogues just from watching a scene
same with me. I got a few sentences in there with some deduction and prior vocab.
Dec 6, 2020 9:57 AM
May 2020
t looks like we're getting some anime-original scenes in Marley; can't wait to see what else they have in store.
Dec 6, 2020 9:59 AM

Oct 2013
Balong12345 said:
Man this episode was good,the cg might be disappointing for some people but it was good in my opinion, the op was scary, weird and beautiful at the same time i love it!! But if i had a complain that will be the blur effect, there's too much blur it's kinda hard to see what's going on....but still 4/5 ep for me good job mappa

I must be blind, didn't notice any blur. Did you watch it in HD or low quality?
Dec 6, 2020 10:02 AM
Dec 2015
please mappa get back beast titan 2D. jaw , cart and Armor is no problem as 3D
Dec 6, 2020 10:03 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I expected a simple setup episode but it was already very tense and full of action, the CGI is totally bearable it's not as worst as I thought and MAPPA is surely doing a great job so far, I'm not disappointed at all and looking forward to seeing the next episode
Dec 6, 2020 10:03 AM
Mar 2019
Amazing episode. CGI was decent, Jaws and Cart titan looked and moved very good. Beast and armored were iffy but acceptable. CGI was decent still 2D would be better but this episode had some of the best CGI that I've seen. Besides CGI all 2D action was movie quality, explosioins, shooting, character designs, backgrounds looked top tier. Animation was mostly smooth, OST's were good. Opening a little underwhelming but ending was excellent. Pacing is perfect, MAPPA even added some anime original scenes, Jean cameo was very fitting. 8.5/10.
Dec 6, 2020 10:06 AM

May 2016
Some of those panning shots and zoom ins where OPM 2 level, but I think for this episode they where forgivable.

The CG titans only look very bad sometimes. It's a passable CG, but I hope they keep them 2d for certain scenes.

Animation and art style where pretty good.

Liked this episode very much.

OP is weird. Doesn't show much of anything. My guess is they're gonna add some new visuals once the main crew makes their appearance.

Here's hoping for a successful adaptation.
HyperLDec 6, 2020 10:09 AM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Dec 6, 2020 10:11 AM

Jan 2018
HyperL said:
Some of those panning shots and zoom ins where OPM 2 level, but I think for this episode they where forgivable.

The CG titans only look very bad sometimes. It's a passable CG, but I hope they keep them 2d for certain scenes.

OP is weird. Doesn't show much of anything. My guess is they're gonna add some new visuals once the main crew makes their appearance.

Wdym "main crew"? They already appeared this episode.
Dec 6, 2020 10:13 AM

Aug 2012
Non-CGI animation looks good but everything looks so grey and dark. Theres really no colour in this episode.
This looks like the typical "flashback" episode anime

As for the CGI it looks good and bad in some situations.
Beast titan looks like shit. Armored Titan also looking like trash while waving at Zeke

Things not looking good...
Dec 6, 2020 10:13 AM

May 2015
As expected it lacks the visual appeal of the previous seasons. It just looks like a random normal anime and not like SnK. Also since the manga is still ongoing I wonder they'll do for the ending.
Dec 6, 2020 10:14 AM

May 2016
ChemicalBro said:
HyperL said:

You mean Jean at the end right? That's not enough. I mean when they really make their entrance.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Dec 6, 2020 10:16 AM

Jan 2018
HyperL said:
ChemicalBro said:

You mean Jean at the end right? That's not enough. I mean when they really make their entrance.
No, i mean Falco and Gabi who are listed as main characters.
Dec 6, 2020 10:19 AM
Sep 2017
SirTristram said:
keragamming said:

WAIITT... REALLY???!!
But i see in AoT S4 page Sawano still in the line up. FUCK this, Sawano should be the only one taking care of the music. He's God tier composer, why TF they add someone to the line up and use the same OST repeatedly like an idiot. I hate this
Dec 6, 2020 10:21 AM

May 2016
ChemicalBro said:
HyperL said:

No, i mean Falco and Gabi who are listed as main characters.

Oh, you know what I meant. The LONG established main characters, not the new ones.
Dec 6, 2020 10:26 AM

Dec 2014
Where is everyone watching the episode? I can't find it anywhere.
Dec 6, 2020 10:27 AM

Sep 2018
Symofoner said:
WAIITT... REALLY???!!
But i see in AoT S4 page Sawano still in the line up. FUCK this, Sawano should be the only one taking care of the music. He's God tier composer, why TF they add someone to the line up and use the same OST repeatedly like an idiot. I hate this

Their relationship is weird, they are friends who sometimes work together. But when they work together, it's usually Sawano stepping down and Yamamoto taking the lead. Most recent example of this would be 7DS, Sawano only composed 2 or 3 tracks out of 10.

It is also ironic how the situation is quite similar to the 7DS with the studio change and other drama it's going through. I wonder if Sawano only ditches an anime if he thinks it'll fail.
Dec 6, 2020 10:29 AM

Nov 2015
Only one episode and this is already #2 on mal?

The new op is ok, mostly explosions.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Dec 6, 2020 10:30 AM
Dec 2020
I feel annoyed with the depiction of the titan shifter, why is it made completely in CGI, even wit studio only makes CGI on colossal titan and horses, but mappa makes CGI on all titan on AOT shows, it's like unfair even kaisen's jujutsu doesn't have such ugly CGI this
Dec 6, 2020 10:32 AM

May 2015
_Owen_ said:

It already aired on Japanese TV.
Dec 6, 2020 10:34 AM
Dec 2015
El-Melloi said:
As expected it lacks the visual appeal of the previous seasons. It just looks like a random normal anime and not like SnK. Also since the manga is still ongoing I wonder they'll do for the ending.

yeah this like differnt show, but just wait when ODM gear Scene, past session can feel ?
Dec 6, 2020 10:38 AM

May 2012
El-Melloi said:
_Owen_ said:

It already aired on Japanese TV.

When it will air on crunchyroll ??
Pages (20) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 10, 2021

988 by ItzFonixx »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 24, 2021

986 by Nazgool »»
Jun 26, 3:58 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 28, 2021

694 by LotteGiants »»
Jun 26, 7:03 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 21, 2021

465 by LotteGiants »»
Jun 26, 6:57 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 14, 2021

509 by LotteGiants »»
Jun 26, 6:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.