Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 6, 2020 8:28 PM

Mar 2014
Scordolo said:
This thread is for manga elitists.Just let the anime-onlies enjoy the final season.

No it's not. LMFAOAOOAOA did you even read the replies? There are legit Anime Onlys who swear they won't touch the manga EVEN IF the anime gets butchered.

Bloomberry said:
Nah, I couldn't care less about this franchise tbh. Just another seasonal.

Iwish I could feel the sameway, honestly @Bloomberry but because AoT was like the 5th anime I got into way back!
Dec 6, 2020 9:00 PM

Mar 2019
Naah, never gonna read the manga, the drawing style doesn't attract me at all and I already love the first episode of the final season, sure it has its ups and downs .. It's not as good as WiT's work, but is it bad? Nah, it still feel the same AoT to me, indeed it is - and may be in the future more - downgraded, but does / will it affect my enjoyment? Not by a single flinch, unless the studio decides to slam every aspect of the anime to the ground, (a.k.a becomes unwatchable at any cost) then I'll just stop watching and read a summary of what will happen, BUT I'm confident that this has 0.1% chance to happen.

I'm watching AoT mainly for the plot and characters, that's all what I care about, if MAPPA doesn't wreck these 2 aspects, I'm totally fine with the anime.
Dec 7, 2020 1:25 AM

May 2009
After so many years if you still didn't read the manga then I'm guessing you are lazy as fuck or typical illiterate from burgerland.
Dec 7, 2020 1:42 AM
Apr 2020
AnimeFanTalk said:
I've seen the opening on Twitter. Yikes.

I've seen 8 minutes of the episode. Meh.

CGI being noticeable and annoying already. Yikes.

Right now it's def an 8/10. I gave Season 2 and 3 a 10.

Crossing my fingers you anime onlys get the final season butchered and will be forced to read the manga 2 get the real experience!

Start from Chapter 90 :)
Bro why for the first time a real masterpiece is going to get fully animated and Aot anime >Aot manga
Dec 7, 2020 1:50 AM
Jun 2017
Nah, I prefer anime because of the voice acting, animation and music.

Maybe when I get better at japanese I might consider reading the manga for practice.
Dec 7, 2020 6:20 AM

Mar 2014
bastek66 said:
After so many years if you still didn't read the manga then I'm guessing you are lazy as fuck or typical illiterate from burgerland.

Bro all these Anime Onlys leaving a reply like they swore an oath to never touch a manga, let a lone a book with pictures, lfmaoaoao.
Dec 7, 2020 6:46 AM

Jul 2012
I did read the manga soon after finishing Season 1 in 2013. But Attack on Titan is one of those few titles that is, and always has, better experience in motion. Isayama's art always has this... inconsistencies? I know post-basement had some improvements, but his human drawing is just that inconsistent. Anime always fixed this.

While I agree that this is comparably worse than WIT's, I still think it's a good adaptation, so far. Only thing that bothered me this episode is they keep repeating the same background music. I'm kinda worried that some of the hype moments will not live up to the old seasons, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

As a MAPPA big fan, really hope they don't disappoint me in future episodes.
Dec 7, 2020 6:47 AM

Oct 2020
I was planning to read the manga anyway but if the anime is bad I will for sure read it.
Dec 7, 2020 7:07 AM

Aug 2015
I've been reading the manga ever since I finished season 1 and was waiting for season 2. I am almost up-to-date with the manga and will be reading it as new chapters are released regardless of this season.
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Dec 7, 2020 11:52 PM
Jan 2018
I stopped at chapter 123 I think , Im not really feeling the arc and chapter 120+121 took me out of it for a while due what happens since then haven't really felt reading it again.

Plus I have heardit seems it's going the the way another popular series as gone, but as I haven't actually read those parts yet or watched that Series in question so I have no clue

I'll probably wait until the manga finishs then I will reread the final arc again.
Dec 7, 2020 11:55 PM

Jul 2020
I'm so glad I didn't read the manga.I would've hated aot s4.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 8, 2020 12:18 AM
Aug 2016
RickSuarez said:
I'm up to Chapter 134 in the manga, no problem, just want to see and enjoy the anime adaptation.

Same over here. Don't really care if they add CGI or keep 2D. As long as the scenes hype me up, I am cool with it.
Dec 8, 2020 12:43 AM

Dec 2015
I'm actually glad the anime exists. Cause reading the manga was boring near the later parts that get adapted here. When I caught up and had to read monthly it was harder to remember what happened before. (I then only read every few months the chapters from a few months ago.) And remembering all the new chars without colors/voices.

Anime is more at an advantage here - unless they really cut a lot of important stuff. Certainly this season will be better than the previous ones. (The anime gradually got better and while for reading the manga some previous arcs like the political arc had been more interesting here we we will get more actoin again later - which will look great with colors and animation.)
Dec 11, 2020 1:42 AM

Jun 2020
AnimeFanTalk said:
MAPPA will butcher it. And I am asking in advance if these anime onlys are ready to jump on the manga when that butchering comes.
AnimeFanTalk said:
So me giving this final season a 8/10 with pointing out a few problems and a potential butchering coming = Me being negative?

That's not you anticipating a potential butchering coming mate lmao that's you already declaring this adaptation fucked. Don't say silly shit if you have to backtrack on it the very next time you open your mouth. Yes, that is you being negative. You're not saying "oh I hope they don't mess up" or even "this looks bad, i'm worried for the future". You're making a statement that Mappa WILL butcher it. Now don't pretend that "Oh I was just saying that it was POTENTIALLY gonna get butchered" No. You weren't. Stop sharing shit videos like "Mappa ruined Attack on Titan" if you're gonna act like you were just giving constructive criticism. I'm more inclined to believe you hated it from the shit you're saying like "Mappa will butcher it" and sharing videos like "Mappa ruined AoT" than a rating you put on your list as a wall hoping you can hide behind it and go "but I rated it an 8 so I'm not being negative" moron

Edit: added "moron" at the end, now I feel good
spectrojanDec 11, 2020 1:46 AM
This anime shit is addictive
Dec 11, 2020 4:22 AM

Jul 2019
AnimeFanTalk said:
I've seen the opening on Twitter. Yikes.

I've seen 8 minutes of the episode. Meh.

CGI being noticeable and annoying already. Yikes.

Right now it's def an 8/10. I gave Season 2 and 3 a 10.

Crossing my fingers you anime onlys get the final season butchered and will be forced to read the manga 2 get the real experience!

Start from Chapter 90 :)

u will get used to the op
wit would have used cg too if they had all of this going in the background
did not need good animation for a lot of parts bc they were just talking
cg is the best i have seen in anime so far
also u have seen 8 min of it so? watch all of it
and also just bc of this i will not continue the manga and mappa has done a great job manga elitist
_maruwu_Dec 11, 2020 4:27 AM

Dec 12, 2020 3:06 PM

Dec 2015
I've said this before but I'm gonna say it again. I've tried the manga on the wait between S1 and S2 and was vastly disappointed. Reiner and Berthold reveal had almost no impact in the manga. In the end, SNK requires at least a soundtrack to work properly. So even if the adaptation gets even worse than S3P1, I will stay in the anime. I'll only read the manga once the anime is fully adapted
Dec 12, 2020 4:10 PM
Dec 2020
The direction of this episode was messy. I love attack on titan and i’m an anime only. The first season 9/10 with its pacing, sense of direction and level of tension. Season 2 and 3. Genius. 10/10 both of them. The way the hint to something bigger and the way they execute it is amazing. The finer details like the animation was brilliant. Every scene felt dynamic. But episode 60. My goodness what a disappointment. I think the fact that it sounds like we are getting 16 episodes for 45 chapter of manga is very bad. One of the main factors of attack on titan was how it was one of, if not the best manga adaptation. But this episode did not make me feel anything. The visuals were okay. There was no real story in this episode. The only redeeming factors were getting to know these new characters. But again that was very short lived. The majority of the episode was showing this war. Unfortunately it didn’t present itself as dark or brutal but instead just moving images. There was no sense of anything in this episode and the thing that worries me is that this is 1/16th of this whole season. The next episode will also be spent with these new characters and that’ll make it 1/8th of the show spent with NOT the main gang of Eren etc. I think they have slipped up here. They really could’ve gotten things right because manga readers say this next part of the story will be better than s3p2 but it comes down to these finer details. One little thing is the weird blurred effect the whole show has now and the black lines on the drawings are too thin and not distinct enough. They don’t look good. I know this is me complaining but it’s hard to see a show that got everything right start to not impress at all. I shall start reading the manga because I want to experience this story straight from the source. Anyway it’s a shame they cocked this first episode up and i’m hoping they can do better with this next one.
Dec 12, 2020 9:30 PM
Jul 2018
ArthurBragg said:
The direction of this episode was messy. I love attack on titan and i’m an anime only. The first season 9/10 with its pacing, sense of direction and level of tension. Season 2 and 3. Genius. 10/10 both of them. The way the hint to something bigger and the way they execute it is amazing. The finer details like the animation was brilliant. Every scene felt dynamic. But episode 60. My goodness what a disappointment. I think the fact that it sounds like we are getting 16 episodes for 45 chapter of manga is very bad. One of the main factors of attack on titan was how it was one of, if not the best manga adaptation. But this episode did not make me feel anything. The visuals were okay. There was no real story in this episode. The only redeeming factors were getting to know these new characters. But again that was very short lived. The majority of the episode was showing this war. Unfortunately it didn’t present itself as dark or brutal but instead just moving images. There was no sense of anything in this episode and the thing that worries me is that this is 1/16th of this whole season. The next episode will also be spent with these new characters and that’ll make it 1/8th of the show spent with NOT the main gang of Eren etc. I think they have slipped up here. They really could’ve gotten things right because manga readers say this next part of the story will be better than s3p2 but it comes down to these finer details. One little thing is the weird blurred effect the whole show has now and the black lines on the drawings are too thin and not distinct enough. They don’t look good. I know this is me complaining but it’s hard to see a show that got everything right start to not impress at all. I shall start reading the manga because I want to experience this story straight from the source. Anyway it’s a shame they cocked this first episode up and i’m hoping they can do better with this next one.

We are not getting 45 chapters in 16 episodes. I think it will adapt upto ch 122(32 chapters). Just watch later episodes everything will make sense ( i think you didn't get what was going on). Aot is always like this at first things don't make sense but later on everything makes sense.
Dec 13, 2020 8:55 AM

Mar 2014
Episode 2 Update:

AOT Final Season is still sitting on a 8/10 but holy shit did episode 2 just showed me how fast the pacing really is right now.

And if the CGI continues, this shit is def not gonna be a 10/10. Yuck.
AnimeFanTalkDec 13, 2020 9:10 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 28, 2021

695 by catscho »»
Aug 18, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 21, 2021

466 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 28, 3:34 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

514 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 28, 12:03 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 28, 2021

426 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 28, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 31, 2021

820 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 27, 11:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.