Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 24, 2020 11:17 AM

Sep 2020
AbiSa said:
IHateKpop said:
Man this anime is turning out really good. I'm glad it didn't turn into another fake hype train like god of high school (that anime was so garbage)

Yeah lol, surprisingly this show has the same Director too from GOH.
I guess he left his smarts for this show alone.

This was an amazing episode.
As much as I hated GOH anime, it's utter idiotic to blame the Director, how tf you suppose to condense a large amount of source material in 1 cour ? He still did a great job in fight choreography and other action scenes
Oct 24, 2020 11:28 AM

Jan 2016
that monster isn't even close to being as strong as Sukuna even though they are in the same grade lol
Oct 24, 2020 11:41 AM

Apr 2013
Nycro said:
Good episode but that stupid slapstick humour almost ruined the mood of this episode. Does anyone find it funny?
Main reason why in almost every scenario: Seinen > Shounen.

It doesn't matter how good the material is, a shounen mangaka/director will always find a way to jam in unnecessary comedy to shift the mood of a scene or he'll include a character with awful comedy tropes in the main cast and ruin many scenes with it.
Oct 24, 2020 11:48 AM

Sep 2018
An episode of a completely different depth, due to the seriousness with which the narration stands out, this does not mind and even when there are small oases of comedy, because they are well connected with the narration. The cliffhanger puts a lot of expectations, the fight between Itadori and the enemy is valid not only for the part concerning the action but also for the evolution of the character.
Oct 24, 2020 11:50 AM

Mar 2019
Sourire said:
Nycro said:
Good episode but that stupid slapstick humour almost ruined the mood of this episode. Does anyone find it funny?

It doesn't matter how good the material is, a shounen mangaka/director will always find a way to jam in unnecessary comedy to shift the mood of a scene or he'll include a character with awful comedy tropes in the main cast and ruin many scenes with it.

But does the one bit of humor less than 5 minutes into the episode really ruin all the tense situations throughout the rest of the episode?
Oct 24, 2020 12:01 PM

Apr 2020
ExBaku5 said:
AbiSa said:

As much as I hated GOH anime, it's utter idiotic to blame the Director, how tf you suppose to condense a large amount of source material in 1 cour ? He still did a great job in fight choreography and other action scenes

I won't deny the fact that the fight scenes were amazing. I'm not really blaming the Director much, I think he's giving more attention to this anime. GOH might have been Crunchyroll's mistake.
--AbiSa--
Oct 24, 2020 12:31 PM

Jul 2017
The Curse Womb Must Die mini-arc... the start of Yuuji's conquest to collect the remainder of Sukuna's fingers and testing the Jujutsu sorcerers of their capabilities to handle special-grade Curses (which are out of their league).

BUT...the moment Yuuji turns into Sukuna, that's where the real mocking fun starts. Other than that, excellent episode, and 24 mins felt like 5.

The manga panels had better visuals against the anime (that was kinda toned down), but the next episode, hope there's something to compensate for the lack of persepectives.

[/quote]
KANLen09Oct 24, 2020 12:44 PM
Oct 24, 2020 12:42 PM

Mar 2020
Sukuna is terrifying and strong, one more finger found.
And this ending made me curious about the next episode.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Oct 24, 2020 12:45 PM

Dec 2016
The pile of beast skulls in the manga was impressive, but that reflection had more impact for me. (Itadori or Sukuna – who is reflecting who?)

⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿  Umehara is my daily dopamine  ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑
Oct 24, 2020 12:49 PM

May 2020
A more violent episode, which I really enjoyed, shows another depth to the series. The fights were good, and we got to see more from Sukuna, who is extermely strong as he trashed that curse spirit.
The cliffhanger makes me think great things are soon to happen. I'm really hyped for the next one. And how they're going to deal with Sukuna.
Oct 24, 2020 1:02 PM

Apr 2013
ZedelPilfer said:
Sourire said:

But does the one bit of humor less than 5 minutes into the episode really ruin all the tense situations throughout the rest of the episode?
Not necessarily in this case, but Demon Slayer and other shounen of the sort yes absolutely.
Oct 24, 2020 1:58 PM

Jul 2017
AbiSa said:
IHateKpop said:
Man this anime is turning out really good. I'm glad it didn't turn into another fake hype train like god of high school (that anime was so garbage)

You can blame anyone except Park for the goh anime,he tried his best till the end and you can see how good the animation was because of him
Salter >>>>>> OG SABER DONT @ ME
Oct 24, 2020 2:19 PM

May 2018
Great episode. Poor Itadori is too weak on his own haha. Having to rely on Sukuna like that, reminds me of Naruto too much
Oct 24, 2020 2:36 PM
Jan 2017
This episode has some Silent Hill vibes
Oct 24, 2020 3:20 PM
Aug 2020
IHateKpop said:

Damn, God of mid really getting beaten up by the slander like a punching bag, but at least JJK doesn’t suffer the production of cringeyroll
Oct 24, 2020 4:02 PM
Oct 2020
Did somebody else notice that the OP of the show keeps changing? Look at the very end when the have a picnic under the tree. New character are being add all of the time... The guy in the middle doesnt fit...
Oct 24, 2020 4:58 PM
Jul 2009
ImagoDaruma said:
Did somebody else notice that the OP of the show keeps changing? Look at the very end when the have a picnic under the tree. New character are being add all of the time... The guy in the middle doesnt fit...

Yup, he's going to be important in the series' first major arc. Not gonna spoil anything, but that arc is where the series truly hits it's stride
Oct 24, 2020 6:00 PM

May 2018
Best episode by far.
Oct 24, 2020 6:42 PM
Oct 2015
What a great episode! Hope it doesn't drop quality
Oct 24, 2020 6:44 PM
Jul 2018
Another good episode. So that ending, I'm guessing that he couldn't get his body back? Man I wonder how Fushiguro is going to deal with that.

The Itadori and Kugasaki duo is too funny. I love them!

Oct 24, 2020 7:29 PM
Oct 2019
damn mappa is goat, visual is good as hell ngl the next episode will be lit
Oct 24, 2020 7:56 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
I like the dynamic between Sukuna and Yuuji. Yuuji has to use him as a very last resort, because Sukuna wants to actively hurt Yuuji and his friends. But Sukuna can't survive without Yuuji's body. This game they play will most likely be important as the show progresses.
Oct 24, 2020 8:49 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
Shit hit the fan damn, nice character development there tho

Oct 24, 2020 8:57 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
UnrealSato said:
AbiSa said:

You can blame anyone except Park for the goh anime,he tried his best till the end and you can see how good the animation was because of him

No the problem lies with God of highschool it was never meant for a 1 season anime but with jjk it's different the manga pacing is low-key the same as the anime but God of highschool comic is weirdly confusing same as tower of god these korean mangas are hard to adapt because they make it so weird instead of straight forward like mangas, all the studio and director has to do is follow the manga and it will work out and ofc add bits and pieces to the show

Oct 24, 2020 9:25 PM

Apr 2020
I'm loving this series more and more damn it. The trio is set on a mission to defeat the curse womb but everything is not going the way they want it to.

The animation and the messed up illusions are a pleasure to me. It reminds me of the darker episodes of Adventure Time on the way that the world cracks and the figures are jacked up. Nobara is in serious pain and Megumi is forced to retreat. The way Yuji is regretting his defeated state is really good. He was just a normal teenager before he caught up to this mess but there's no more reason to whine about it, good. Sukuna found another of his fingers and looks like we're getting Sukuna vs Megumi next week.

On another point, that mini-short in the ending was hilarious. Nobara's scream while her cellphone crash to the ground is really funny. It goes to show why Jujutsu Kaisen's comedy is really great, complimenting the action and messed up thriller it really is.
Oct 24, 2020 9:54 PM

Oct 2020
The fight scene between Sukuna and Special Grade was absolutely gold. Cant wait for Sukuna rampage in the next episode
Oct 24, 2020 10:22 PM

Jun 2020
Great episode. That shrine looked so cool. A usual, Suwabe Junichi is absolutely killing his role. What a talented VA.
Oct 24, 2020 10:23 PM

Oct 2018
Very good episode again, a pleasure to look.
Oct 24, 2020 10:30 PM
Jun 2020
You all were disappointed with Domain Scene Ikr but they wanted to show us how big and horrifying of Territorial expansion in diff way So don’t be irritable fast
We gonna see the details zoom in scene of sukuna shine soon when he & yuji meet in inner world
Oct 24, 2020 10:48 PM

Jul 2012
Another great episode! I didn't think that I'd enjoy this show so much.
I personally like its comedy (at least as of now)
And Yuuji is great, I love him!
Oct 24, 2020 11:04 PM

Oct 2013
This was a really mediocre episode when you compare it to the manga. Whole atmosphere just felt way too emotionless and wrong, whereas in the manga everyone was like, goddamn they fucked up and the only one who was enjoying it all was the messed up special grade curse, which in the anime didnt even feel like it had any personality whatsoever. In the end the only saving grace of this episode was Sukuna who blessed everyone and stole the show.
Oct 25, 2020 12:44 AM
Jul 2020
Great episode. The animation was on point, Mappa’s doing an amazing job with this one...
Oct 25, 2020 1:17 AM

Jan 2020
The animation is so great , and Kugisaki reminded me to Hime from Sket dance
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Oct 25, 2020 1:31 AM

Aug 2015
I have a question for the manga readers.

About 2 episodes ago, Gojou said that it doesn't matter if Sukuna was at full power, because he is the strongest sorcerer that exist. Is that true or he was just bluffing?

If that's the case I guess the blinded Kakashi will be nerfed at some point so the main trio can grow (or maybe he was nerfed already).

Btw, I still can't decide if I like the series or not because those weird comedy bits throw me off a lot (same case as KNY) however it is entertaining. And the animation is really good.
Oct 25, 2020 2:13 AM

Oct 2013
Pakumen- said:

About 2 episodes ago, Gojou said that it doesn't matter if Sukuna was at full power, because he is the strongest sorcerer that exist. Is that true or he was just bluffing?

If that's the case I guess the blinded Kakashi will be nerfed at some point so the main trio can grow (or maybe he was nerfed already).

Btw, I still can't decide if I like the series or not because those weird comedy bits throw me off a lot (same case as KNY) however it is entertaining. And the animation is really good.

Gojou is indeed an genius and powerful sorcerer from birth but in the end his humanity is his downside the only way I can say this without spoiling anything. Though yeah this isn't some shit like boruto where you need to nerf everyone inorder to make your main cast look powerful, all the power ups in this manga are perfectly owned by each characters through hard effort and in battle, none of that friendship bs or out of nowhere power up.
Oct 25, 2020 2:38 AM

Apr 2020
UnrealSato said:
AbiSa said:

Im not blaming him really. Im just saying that he is using more of his skills and is a better director in this show. GOH was ruined most likely by Crunchyroll
--AbiSa--
Oct 25, 2020 3:15 AM
Apr 2020
thats how you adapt something
Oct 25, 2020 4:47 AM
May 2014
I liked the little moments of levity near the start. It reinforced how unprepared Yuuji and Nobara were for what they were about to face!

I haven't read the manga and was pretty taken aback by Yuuji's injuries in this episode - although I don't know what I was expecting from an anime where the inciting incident is basically the consumption of an old amputated finger
Oct 25, 2020 6:06 AM

Aug 2018
Seriously speaking,
This ep was decent, first half was fine but the second half with Sukuna was great af. He's so badass! The pacing is goood.
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Oct 25, 2020 8:00 AM

Aug 2019
i really disappointed, why did they do the domain expansion with a far shot? there is no excuse to forgive this. yeah i know i give thanks because the the domain is not in CG......
Oct 25, 2020 8:05 AM

Mar 2019
Joei-12 said:
i really disappointed, why did they do the domain expansion with a far shot? there is no excuse to forgive this. yeah i know i give thanks because the the domain is not in CG......

They did in order to do the reflection shot in the water. Which is way more symbolic for how the technique actually works.
Oct 25, 2020 8:41 AM
Apr 2019
Their reactions really shows how terrifying the situation is. I love how they animate their emotions. I actually find some Sukuna's acts as hilarious like how he is thinking in the middle of the fight and how he talks to Yuuji. Overall, I love the animations and ost.
Oct 25, 2020 10:22 AM
May 2019
Really loved this episode.
Thank God, a MC that didnt won the bad situation just because he had flashbacks and recognized his own weakness.
Oct 25, 2020 11:10 AM

May 2019
This show is awseome.The alternate personality effect(Sukuna) really adds to the seriousness of the show.Everything from the post scene credits of the previous episode to the end of this episode showed how messed situation up for our MCs.Fushigoro's face was a sight to see.Really liked how Itadori hold off on switching until he got the signal and fought on his own.DAMN Sukuna is OP,although I wasn't impressed by the whole 'proper death' thing.It was too long

Wonder what happened later in the manga to have this low rating.
Oct 25, 2020 11:18 AM

Nov 2014
Todd_ said:
I like the dynamic between Sukuna and Yuuji. Yuuji has to use him as a very last resort, because Sukuna wants to actively hurt Yuuji and his friends. But Sukuna can't survive without Yuuji's body. This game they play will most likely be important as the show progresses.

Sukuna said in this episode that in fact he can survive without Yuji's body cause he has 18 other soul fragments he can just control a curse's body. But he prefers a human's body that's why he's staying with Yuji. He doesn't care if Yuji dies or not.

Kiriikun said:
UnrealSato said:

No the problem lies with God of highschool it was never meant for a 1 season anime but with jjk it's different the manga pacing is low-key the same as the anime but God of highschool comic is weirdly confusing same as tower of god these korean mangas are hard to adapt because they make it so weird instead of straight forward like mangas, all the studio and director has to do is follow the manga and it will work out and ofc add bits and pieces to the show

I heard that it was the author themselves that wanted to adapt 100+ chapters for a 13 episodes series. Dunno if the rumor's true or not.

raiderublaze said:
I'm loving this series more and more damn it. The trio is set on a mission to defeat the curse womb but everything is not going the way they want it to.

Quick correction: they're not there to defeat the curse womb. they're there to search for survivors and rescue them and retreat. no fighting.

Pakumen- said:

Gojo is THE strongest character in the entire series. He is invincible due to how his power works, HOWEVER, he can still lose. Losing doesn't mean he's defeated. There're other ways for a character to lose without being defeated by his opponents. (best way to say it without spoiling) also we won't see him 'lose' until season 2 at the earliest.

Zener said:

the manga's score doesn't make sense, cause this series only gets better and better. im sure once the anime is finished, the anime AND the manga score will both be above an 8 because that's the least it deserves. the show is just too underrated.
Oct 25, 2020 1:12 PM

Apr 2018
Man, that went to shit real fast. Itadori's cursed side is freaking insane. That Domain Expansion move was sick holy shit. You cant hate Sakuna really.
Oct 25, 2020 1:54 PM

Aug 2019
ZedelPilfer said:
Joei-12 said:

They did in order to do the reflection shot in the water. Which is way more symbolic for how the technique actually works.

Sacrificing the impact that scene generates for the symbolism is irrelevant, because the point in that scene was show how strong Sakuna is, they could easily choose some scenes of the Shrine emerging from the water and then take a distant shot.

and there is another problem that I will not mention since it is a spoiler
Oct 25, 2020 2:03 PM

Mar 2019
Zener said:
This show is awseome.The alternate personality effect(Sukuna) really adds to the seriousness of the show.Everything from the post scene credits of the previous episode to the end of this episode showed how messed situation up for our MCs.Fushigoro's face was a sight to see.Really liked how Itadori hold off on switching until he got the signal and fought on his own.DAMN Sukuna is OP,although I wasn't impressed by the whole 'proper death' thing.It was too long

The manga actually only gets better as it goes on. It kept a relatively low score since a lot of people rated it low at first and then dropped it now. Now that it is getting an anime adaption the manga score will probably end up being around 8.2 ish by the end.
Oct 25, 2020 2:09 PM

Feb 2018
I really liked the flames when that cursed thing burned to ashes. Also I liked the way this anime's realistic perspective on this genre. The half sliced sick dead body was pretty realistic. Also, they didn't make the Naruto - Kyuubi classic interactions. This one is sometimes funny, and the last scene was pretty scary for sure.
Oct 25, 2020 2:40 PM

May 2019
ZedelPilfer said:
Zener said:

The manga actually only gets better as it goes on. It kept a relatively low score since a lot of people rated it low at first and then dropped it now. Now that it is getting an anime adaption the manga score will probably end up being around 8.2 ish by the end.

Well that's a first for me.I wonder what made people score it less initially(Art maybe?).Still,I am happy that an anime will shed light on its adaptation.AoT is in good(and maybe better) hands now.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

646 by OutPieNova »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2021

303 by Agathusian »»
Yesterday, 4:24 AM

» Jjk fans just CANNOT help themselves from spoiling everything ( 1 2 )

LillyTheHoover - Jan 4

72 by cerise_serris »»
May 30, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 25, 2020

277 by lorenz07 »»
May 28, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2020

228 by Agathusian »»
May 27, 6:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.