Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Oct 5, 2020 12:39 PM

Apr 2009
this is cute. I like both of the characters too
Oct 5, 2020 12:40 PM

Sep 2019
Animillion said:
I found it lame that they didn’t even have a ceremony of any sort. Why the bait thumbnail then 😒

Also, where the heck did Tsukasa go and why did she leave Nasa behind for so long? I was looking forward to this anime, but this wasn’t the start I was expecting nor hoping for. It’ll probably be funny and cute after this, but I didn’t like this beginning that much. I also didn’t like Tsukasa so hopefully she changes a bit, but Nasa seems like a nice and likeable character.
She said I would date you if you marry me. So she had no reason to stay by his side until he’s 18. She came back the night he turned 18. I don’t why you didn’t like tsukasa but she’s easily one of the best girls this year.
Oct 5, 2020 12:44 PM

Sep 2019
Jiofu-sama said:
The first episode was totally fine, but I think the pacing was too fast or is it just me?
Yeah it was fast but I think they had to do it to explain the anime in the first episode. Some people don’t like the first episode and they instantly drop it.
Oct 5, 2020 1:09 PM

Jan 2020
z00nex said:
Animillion said:
I found it lame that they didn’t even have a ceremony of any sort. Why the bait thumbnail then 😒

Also, where the heck did Tsukasa go and why did she leave Nasa behind for so long? I was looking forward to this anime, but this wasn’t the start I was expecting nor hoping for. It’ll probably be funny and cute after this, but I didn’t like this beginning that much. I also didn’t like Tsukasa so hopefully she changes a bit, but Nasa seems like a nice and likeable character.
She said I would date you if you marry me. So she had no reason to stay by his side until he’s 18. She came back the night he turned 18. I don’t why you didn’t like tsukasa but she’s easily one of the best girls this year.

Just don’t like her personality yet, but I’m assuming there will be some changes. My major qualm so far was how quickly the marriage happened and why they falsely advertised a wedding ceremony. I was really looking forward to that since there aren’t many of these in anime.
Oct 5, 2020 1:59 PM
Feb 2020
Nemesis2005 said:
He missed the chance to get isekaied.

AHAHA lol :) haha :) that was nice
Oct 5, 2020 2:18 PM
Mar 2015
As one who loved Hayate the Combat Butler I am looking forward to this
Oct 5, 2020 4:06 PM

Oct 2018
after a long time I am watching something really funny..
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Oct 5, 2020 5:36 PM

Dec 2016
RinTohsaka_ said:
DoctorWasabi said:

Personally I found this episode/start to be pretty decent and didn't hate it, but he does make a point. It's pretty stupid that he would fall in "love" like that

I probably will stick around for a few more episodes before I most likely drop it. From what I'm reading from others and my own predictions, it's just gonna be a cute everyday slice of life of couple anime.

Definitely a meh anime so far tho
Ever heard of love at first sight bruh? Yes love at first sight does happen in reality too. So I don't know you can't get why he felt in love with her in first sight.

People can also win a contest for appliances, a car or even the lottery in real life, but still it doesn't make it an interesting story. Plausible scenarios are rarely a good excuse for poor writing.
Oct 5, 2020 5:39 PM

Jan 2020
Kimurah said:
RinTohsaka_ said:
Ever heard of love at first sight bruh? Yes love at first sight does happen in reality too. So I don't know you can't get why he felt in love with her in first sight.

People can also win a contest for appliances, a car or even the lottery in real life, but still it doesn't make it an interesting story. Plausible scenarios are rarely a good excuse for poor writing.

Yea, they got together way to abruptly. I guess the appeal of the show is what follows, but the 1st episode was pretty disappointing. Oh well, this will be one of those weekly shows without any progress.
Oct 5, 2020 7:52 PM

Dec 2016
I like it. The show definitely has my attention, though not enough has happened for me to determine whether it will be one to watch for the whole season.
Oct 5, 2020 8:34 PM

Aug 2015
This fucker did in 20 minutes what most teen romcom protagonists take entire seasons to even think of: hold a hand.
Oct 5, 2020 9:39 PM

Jul 2020
Honestly, I hope the MC doesn't turn into one of those "beta male losers" in these type of rom-com cuz I really want to see how this anime does. Other than that, I am kinda hyped for the wholesome moments that people are saying for this series. Hope it delivers....

Scepify said:
Finally some quality uncensored hand holding as well.

Wait, fr? They censor hand-holding???!!! You are joking, r-right?
Oct 6, 2020 12:11 AM

Dec 2017
SpaceLemurVG said:
The protagonist Nasa feels so generic, it took me a minute to even remember his name.

Really? Because not only does he have a pretty memorable name that is literally the basis of his entire characterization, he's basically the exact opposite of a generic romcom MC. No awkward misunderstandings or 20 episodes of being too shy to confess, Nasa straight up asks main girl to date him within minutes of first laying eyes on her, then marries her and holds her hand before any of us can even blink. The boy lives his life balls out & full throttle, managing to make even his kuudere wife blush constantly.
Oct 6, 2020 1:09 AM
Jan 2020
emmeka said:
SpaceLemurVG said:
The protagonist Nasa feels so generic, it took me a minute to even remember his name.

Really? Because not only does he have a pretty memorable name that is literally the basis of his entire characterization, he's basically the exact opposite of a generic romcom MC. No awkward misunderstandings or 20 episodes of being too shy to confess, Nasa straight up asks main girl to date him within minutes of first laying eyes on her, then marries her and holds her hand before any of us can even blink. The boy lives his life balls out & full throttle, managing to make even his kuudere wife blush constantly.
Generic may not be the right word. He just felt flat and boring to me.
Oct 6, 2020 4:32 AM

Feb 2017
So cute and wholesome. Looks like this will be enjoyable watch.
Oct 6, 2020 4:33 AM

Oct 2014
Nemesis2005 said:
He missed the chance to get isekaied.

Why become an isekai harem MC when you can be with your one and only waifu instead.
Oct 6, 2020 5:07 AM

Feb 2020
This Anime will be my Favourite this Season!! I can feel it!!!

Gotta say Tsukasa is Tonikaku Kawaii.

The OP was too Good!!

Can't wait to see the next Episode with that Bed Scene!
Oct 6, 2020 7:26 AM

Apr 2016
the show is so ridiculous but is funny. The characters are cute but the fact that Tsukasa is underaged is a huge minus for me.. il'l give a 3 ep time to show that is worth watching till the end

Oct 6, 2020 9:04 AM

Jun 2016
god damn when i watched first episode i got hooked from this anime !!

Oct 6, 2020 10:00 AM
Jun 2012
They get excited even when they hold hands acting like total kids yet they are MARRIED. I mean I'm used to Japanese culture thanks to countless anime I watched but seriously What is wrong with you Japan? How the hell did they get married so easily? Like the show and I'll keep watching it but I'm geniunely suprised about how easy that was.
Oct 6, 2020 10:46 AM

Dec 2016
emmeka said:
SpaceLemurVG said:

ORLY?

He feels like a carbon copy of other male protagonists that a girlfriend fell out of nowhere on their lap. Videogirl Ai, Ah my Goddess, Please Teacher and many others alike. He's still a gutless guy that needs to muster all his courage to be able to cross 2 words with a female (he already stated he was a loner all his life and never spoke to any girl)

And misunderstandings doesn't normally show up on the first episode, so there's still a chance they will show up later on.
Oct 6, 2020 11:18 AM

Oct 2014
Kimurah said:
emmeka said:

He's still a gutless guy that needs to muster all his courage to be able to cross 2 words with a female (he already stated he was a loner all his life and never spoke to any girl)

>confessed to the girl within ep 1
>gutless

He's already better than the garbage MCs we're getting in the majority of romance anime.
Oct 6, 2020 11:33 AM

Apr 2010
I can't say it was horrible, but it felt too weird. It didn't feel realistic at all. It seems like she's not human (took his blow and survive, found him), but no single clue. And not any genre in anime of mange to say anything about this. Kind of feels like Married at First Sight but with teenagers in anime style...

Not sure if I'll continue.

Oct 6, 2020 1:03 PM

Dec 2017
Kimurah said:
He feels like a carbon copy of other male protagonists that a girlfriend fell out of nowhere on their lap... He's still a gutless guy that needs to muster all his courage to be able to cross 2 words with a female (he already stated he was a loner all his life and never spoke to any girl)

He literally decided to talk to her the moment he seen her, then called out to her and ran out into traffic to do so. Then minutes later with two broken legs tells her he loves her and asks her out. He then throws away everything he'd planned for his life up until that point to be with her. Doesn't seem very gutless to me.

Not to mention that a girl didn't just fall into his lap, he went to great effort to ask her out himself, even after she told him to forget he'd ever seen her and was intending to leave. Nasa is a lot of things that are fairly unrealistic, but "generic" and "gutless" are not among them. He's more of a go-getter than 95% of anime MCs ever.
Oct 6, 2020 5:11 PM

Nov 2013
Loving the setup for this!
Unique story, so I'm interested how they go about it.

The story can literally go any number of ways...
Is it Supernatural? High school life? At home Married life? Or a combination of it all...
Though I wonder if she actually has some sort of Princess Kaguya/supernatural power and was able to hear what he said in his mind about wanting to hold hands. We'll have to wait and see.

Looking forward to how this progresses.
Oct 6, 2020 6:29 PM

Dec 2018
NewYearSameMe said:
Honestly, I hope the MC doesn't turn into one of those "beta male losers" in these type of rom-com cuz I really want to see how this anime does. Other than that, I am kinda hyped for the wholesome moments that people are saying for this series. Hope it delivers....

Scepify said:
Finally some quality uncensored hand holding as well.

Wait, fr? They censor hand-holding???!!! You are joking, r-right?

Yeah, I'm joking.
Oct 6, 2020 7:05 PM

Oct 2017
I really, really, really, really, really, really loved the episode to the point of even making me shed a tear. It was sooo beautiful that I felt in heaven. I'm planning to use the OP as my ringtone and in this long weekend, I'll read the first 10 chapters of the manga.

However, there's something that I find baffling, the pastel colour palette, I don't remember the manga, but this looks something animated by Doga Kobo rather than Seven Arcs.
"What a Player, what a Champion here at Wimbledon, the first man to win 8 Championships."
Andrew Castle on Roger Federer winning his 19th Grand Slam title.
Oct 6, 2020 11:29 PM
Nov 2018
90293otaku said:
SatouMatsuzaka said:
I have a theory but it's sad:

Tsukasa is an angel sent to him right before he was destined to die. She is somehow keeping him alive as long as she can so he can enjoy what a married life is like before his time comes to pass on.

Or I'm just reading too much into it and this is just a straight forward romcom.

I'm not a manga reader either but I felt the aftermath of the Truck-kun scene seemed really weird. She said she stepped in front of the truck to save him and she isn't hurt at all. So were they both Isekai'd? Or maybe what you said. I think there's more going on than he thinks, but I'm not going to sweat it, just enjoy seeing where this goes.

The only way I could excuse the leaps in logic of the first episode is by some sort of supernatural interference. We all understand no person would actually agree to marry someone they just saved. Tsukasa doesn't seem human, and I kind of hope she's not. Be it an angel, spirit, or Princess Kaguya herself.
Nov 2018
90293otaku said:
SatouMatsuzaka said:

Tsukasa is an angel sent to him right before he was destined to die. She is somehow keeping him alive as long as she can so he can enjoy what a married life is like before his time comes to pass on.

Or I'm just reading too much into it and this is just a straight forward romcom.

I'm not a manga reader either but I felt the aftermath of the Truck-kun scene seemed really weird. She said she stepped in front of the truck to save him and she isn't hurt at all. So were they both Isekai'd? Or maybe what you said. I think there's more going on than he thinks, but I'm not going to sweat it, just enjoy seeing where this goes.

The only way I could excuse the leaps in logic of the first episode is by some sort of supernatural interference. We all understand no person would actually agree to marry someone they just saved. Tsukasa doesn't seem human, and I kind of hope she's not. Be it an angel, spirit, or Princess Kaguya herself.
Nov 2018
90293otaku said:
SatouMatsuzaka said:

Nov 2018
90293otaku said:
SatouMatsuzaka said:

Nov 2018
90293otaku said:
SatouMatsuzaka said:

Nov 2018
90293otaku said:
SatouMatsuzaka said:

Nov 2018
90293otaku said:
SatouMatsuzaka said:

Nov 2018
90293otaku said:
SatouMatsuzaka said:

Oct 6, 2020 11:30 PM
Nov 2018
90293otaku said:
SatouMatsuzaka said:

Oct 7, 2020 12:35 AM
Feb 2020
well kinda feel like "discount" futari ecchi,but idk,maybe not,so far the chara design is super meh,not good for the theme of married couple character for me,except if this actually just a gag manga/anime,so it make sense.

and ofc the biggest problem or what i feel will become a problem is the mc,i got the feeling he will be ur typical "annoying mc with mary sue wife/gf that will ruin everything including viewer enjoyment".
Oct 7, 2020 3:16 AM

Aug 2019
Really bad. Full of cringeworthy scenes and it's not funny at all.
Believe, believe there's magic here tonight~~
Oct 7, 2020 3:33 AM

Sep 2019
SatouMatsuzaka said:
90293otaku said:

Oct 7, 2020 4:29 AM
Jan 2013
Really weird plot and a lot of simping. Doesn't sound particularly great at the moment, tbh. I'll keep watching.
Oct 7, 2020 4:58 AM
Mar 2012
dat OP is nuts.
Quite funny, but lots of questions & feels like a scam lol, like how she got his address, did she get hit by the truck too? & seems a long timeskip to him as 18yr old.
And lol i like his Nasa name, and her literally Moon Goddess-Chief name puns.
Character art oddly basic but the great va's & fast relationship holds it together.
Well married couples rare enough might watch this.

Edit: Also her parents fields say Taro & Hanako lol can't be more fake there.
gophercgOct 8, 2020 4:06 AM
Oct 7, 2020 5:30 AM
Aug 2019
I didn't really mean to watch this but got the time to watch. And wow this first episode was really wholesome. I like the op.
Not today truck-kun.
Oh, a confession and straight to marriage wow that's the fastest I've seen and Nasa sure is Chad going all the way to confess to the girl even if he's injured.

Oct 7, 2020 5:37 AM

Dec 2014
I was told this was very wholesome and vanilla, and i liked those premises. They didn't mention the total lack of common sense though. lmao
Oct 7, 2020 8:06 AM
May 2017
friendship ended with turf

now Tonikaku Kawaii is my best friend
Oct 7, 2020 12:20 PM

May 2019
wtf is with this anime, but i love it. its like a muslim marriage and romance lmao, i love it, creator really open minded tho , and i love scene where nasa says that he doesnt need much money..

because many people also prefer a simple life and don't want a lot of money because they don't know what to use it for.
"the greatest anime fight"

Oct 7, 2020 1:48 PM

Apr 2015
I don't care if this is the same writer of Hayate no Gotoku but I'm calling it now.

when the MC said "maybe this is a bad idea" what he means is that the main girl is actually a western womyn that is about to employ the "bait and switch" tactic aka as soon as MC signs that contract she will drop all pretense of being a "good girl". collect alimony and possibly child support because the courtroom is soooo biased against men.

I mean that smirk from her face at 21:00 is very much telling me she has a plan and whatever it is, it ain't good.
kidlat020Oct 7, 2020 1:59 PM
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Oct 7, 2020 1:50 PM
Jan 2018
Still think this series is basically the author flexing his marriage into his work lol .
Oct 7, 2020 2:13 PM

Aug 2016
This was one of the weirdest shows I've seen in a while...
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Oct 7, 2020 2:16 PM

Apr 2015
there can only be 2 outcomes to this married life show.

1. Abe is doing it. propaganda reasons and trying to increase birth rates.
2. plot reasons aka she's not really a real waifu (and I mean REAL REAL waifu) but actually a scheming bitch. maybe she's just here to collect aliMONEY or something. oh god I just hope the MC doesn't impregnate this schemer and scammer.

both of which I don't really want in my life right now. very predictable show imo. I mean this episode pretty much showed to us all the cards the author has.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Oct 7, 2020 8:08 PM

Mar 2019
Since i watched the trailer....

I felt a weird type of atraction to this series...

And now that i watched it, i felt the same weird feeling of atraction...

Interesting series... ill keep watching..
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 18, 2020

252 by enigmasauce »»
May 24, 2:34 PM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Marinate1016 - Oct 9, 2020

226 by Zeno »»
May 11, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 13, 2020

124 by ToG25thBaam »»
Feb 20, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 11, 2020

113 by Darkfiend47 »»
Dec 2, 2023 2:35 AM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 6, 2020

121 by Monzzhu »»
Jul 24, 2023 11:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.