Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 10, 2020 1:32 PM

Feb 2016
Finally, some interesting dialogue to debate. My boy Hachiman gotta act. Waiting for the ship moment.
Sep 10, 2020 1:44 PM

Jun 2016
This seasons have been quite awful with treatment yukino. The episode I didn t understand half things they say. Probably something to do with Hachiman, yukino and Yui complicated relationships

Sep 10, 2020 1:47 PM
Aug 2020
RudeRedis said:

Just read that. Never read any kind of "Slice of Life" style novels before, but as for me that fragment still was "a lot of words for nothing" type of thing, to be fair. Hachiman's behavior became sorta pussy, even though some guys might consider it as "careful" and "pedantic", let's face it: he's a puss.

Hachiman would agree lol
Sep 10, 2020 1:48 PM

Apr 2018
Why do they care so much about Yukino's sister opinion? Her only porpuse is to make Hachiman and the girls feel bad. She tries to make them go the correct path but she herself made a lot of mistakes in her past so i don't really see the point here.
Sep 10, 2020 2:39 PM

Jan 2018
The prom issue has been finally solved and put to an end. Isshiki still helping out Hachiman is quite supportive.

Recalling Episode 08 of Season 2, I wonder how will Hachiman get this thing to a proper resolve and closure. The G word comes into play again. Also, this is the first time I've seen Haruno so true to herself.

Also, someone please marry Hiratsuka-sensei. She's also kinda athletic as well.
Nainu_Sep 10, 2020 2:42 PM
Sep 10, 2020 2:49 PM
Mar 2015
Glad Sensei and Haruno intervened before Hiiki let the group break up without expressing their feelings
Sep 10, 2020 3:11 PM

Apr 2015
The prom happened without any issues and was quite a success!! The dance between Yui & Hachiman was so sweet, but also a small sign of "you're not gonna get anything else from him"... The pain! The moment she rests her head on Hachiman's shoulder, so cute!

More Yukinoshita problems.. I am glad that Yukino managed to say that she wants to do her dad's job, but jeez Haruno and that mum are hard to satisfy aren't they.. The conversation between Hachiman and Haruno was atleast interesting, it was a little bit eye opening for Hachiman. But Sensei comes in after to open his eyes completely!

Speaking of Sensei, the final scene only gives more pain... Why does Hiratsuka-sensei have to leave? She's awesome and the final scene proves it once again! Best Sensei!!
Sep 10, 2020 3:20 PM

Jun 2017
Daamn the ending will be either rushed or we will be blueballed with an OVA or movie with another 1-2 year wait...

I thought from last weeks PV that Yukino running after Hachiman would finally bring some progress, instead it was another troll....
Sep 10, 2020 3:36 PM

Aug 2019
are the LNs better cause this season has been a disappointment in my eyes in terms of how dragged out it’s been.
Sep 10, 2020 3:50 PM
Feb 2020
The Opening is kinda different at the end if you guys can see. ( Yukino part )
Sep 10, 2020 4:19 PM
Jun 2015
Nehyo said:
The Opening is kinda different at the end if you guys can see. ( Yukino part )

Yes it has Cherry Blossoms too, maybe a cue that animes really going to end.
Quit Working Too Hard, Enjoy Reaching Your Goals
Sep 10, 2020 4:48 PM

Oct 2017
snowykevin said:
are the LNs better cause this season has been a disappointment in my eyes in terms of how dragged out it’s been.

Yeah the LN is much better! You should check it out!
Sep 10, 2020 4:48 PM

Oct 2017
Great episode once again and can't wait for the next one. It's finna be good!
Sep 10, 2020 5:02 PM

Jul 2020
Yeah, best episode in a while. Mainly due to the fact we finally had more Yukino screentime.

8man: "You're not big enough for shoulder pain, though I won't specify what part of you..."

Yukino: "Did you say something?"

"Sorry I couldn't hear you, can you say it again?"

I know what you're talking about 8man ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) lol.

But yeah tbh, Hachiman and Yukino interactions are just pure gold and probably my favorite part of the entire series. I really can't get enough of our ice queen :)

I'm kinda sad they cut out of Yukino's monologue on how she compares their 'relationship' to Romeo and Juliet cause I really loved that part when I was reading the novel but yeah that scene in the hallway was so beautiful and perfectly adapted so it balances out evenly in my opinion.

It's really nice to see Haruno talking to Hachiman without her facade. I really hope more people will understand her circumstances in life and the reason she is acting like this to our trio after watching this episode.

I see a lot of people straight up calling her a 'b*tch' and overmanipulative person (the latter is kinda true) but she really is just doing this to help Hachiman not lie to himself over and over again and maybe find the 'genuine' thing both of them are striving for.

Overall a 5/5 episode for me. I'm really glad they cut out the ED this time for more screentime considering the amount of content left to adapt in vol 14.

And yeah, I'm really really looking forward for next week's episode. This 7 day wait will kill me.

I accept random friend requests!
Sep 10, 2020 5:57 PM
Jun 2017
how will this series going to end up with? im interested with it...

Sep 10, 2020 6:18 PM

May 2020
Decent episode, it was more of a set-up for the next two episodes, those are going to be really interesting.
Really sweet scene with Yukino, that was really nice and cute.
Also, the talk between Haruno and Hachiman was quite interesting to see, she's trying to guide them to the "correct" path, and not go under any other routes/problems she went through, hope Hachiman decides the best for all of them.
+More screentime to Sensei, nice.
Sep 10, 2020 6:42 PM

Oct 2016
Great episode, but damn there's only 2 episodes left there should be at least 3 left as to not rush things. I love this series but Yukino getting shafted most of the show does not sit right with me. Hopefully the last 2 episodes really gives Yukino justice but, either way I would still love this show though that does not mean this adaptation is good.
Sep 10, 2020 8:21 PM
Apr 2020
Bandulf said:
Hellooo_Theeree said:

Well cool, I should expect some super rushed ending and shouldn't get my hopes too high.

According to my expectation:
The anime ends with the events of Chapter 7 and then shows the credits.

Wait is the spoiler tag what happens in the LN?
Sep 10, 2020 8:57 PM

Aug 2017
things will get better at the next epsiode for sure, in this episode 8man already make a decision what would he did between their relationship towards each other, and the title at the final scene on ep 10 already said it all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2020 8:59 PM

Nov 2011
Damn man what an episode.

Yukino running after Hikigaya was such a good scene, and the fact that he hesitantly grabbed her hand and then grabbed it...God Damn man SO GOOD!
Also this scene...god damn I have never seen Yukino like this. Just basically looking for something from Hikigaya.

Man the love for Yui this season is strong but I think Yukino's developments have been recently good.

I loved the banter back and forth between her and Hikigaya while on the Microphone again.

Hiratsuka sensei coming up with some major knowledge and advice again.

God Damn only 2 episode left.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 10, 2020 9:02 PM

Jul 2020
solid n sweet episode. im ready for this season to be wrapped up because yui yuki and hachiman dont need to complicate their relationship anymore
Sep 10, 2020 9:32 PM

Jan 2020
Thanks to Shizuka-sensei, Hachiman becomes more certain that their relationship isn't just codependency. Rather, something genuine might actually exist there, which they have been searching for a long time.

A very decent episode. I'm looking forward to the next one. I really hope that feel. will decently adapt the last couple of episodes.
Sep 10, 2020 11:13 PM
Jun 2020
snowykevin said:
This is how it is for evry season combined, LN>>>>>>>>>Manga>>>>>Anime.

I'm not even joking...
Sep 10, 2020 11:24 PM
Nov 2019
I shouldn't have watch this while airing because i forgot a lot things and now i don't get what's going on
Sep 10, 2020 11:55 PM
Sep 2020
I liked the first two seasons but this one is just terrible. Anyone feel the same way?
Sep 11, 2020 12:03 AM

Jun 2020
fogger said:
I liked the first two seasons but this one is just terrible. Anyone feel the same way?

Same. This isn't terrible but it's too drawn out, and owing to the fact that we already know how it's going to end, every character interaction that doesn't progress or influence anything in that direction just seems pointless to someone who's not very deeply invested in these characters. For the rest of us, it's like "trying to dance around the inevitable outcome for as long as we can".

Seriously, this is the first ep that Yukino got more than 3 minutes of screentime because it was pretty much Yui throughout the season, but even in this one we got 8man dancing with her. I swear it was back during ep 4 or 5 when people said that now finality with Yui has been achieved but lo and behold she's still f&cking around at ep 10 and I'm honestly bored of her having a self pity breakdown every episode now.
This anime shit is addictive
Sep 11, 2020 12:14 AM
Feb 2009
This show is so angsty it's annoying at this point. Can anything be genuine? (As they literally build friendships, love interests, break new precedents by spearheading and organizing new projects at their school, confronting life goals in lieu of family opposition/resistance, and experiencing personal growth)

Yeah, there's definitely nothing genuine at all here.

I'm just frustrated because it's so good and so bad at the same time as it's interesting as they have the most deep, yet roundabout conversations that somehow the characters don't understand the meaning of what is literally spoken or clear in the actions everyone around Hachiman are doing.

I'm sure the next few episodes will (better) be good and hopefully bring us some kind of (satisfying) resolution, but this (now) harem anime will have to do it well to make me care and distinguish itself from any other school harem anime where the mc picks a girl in the end.

PS: Iroha best girl
Sep 11, 2020 12:56 AM

Jan 2020
I’ll go read the LN. BYE.
Sep 11, 2020 1:27 AM
Apr 2019
Oh shit. We're at the climax now. At least we got more Yukino and Hiratsuka-sensei's screen time. I hope that the last two episodes will have a satisfying conclusion. It's sad to think this will end now :(
Sep 11, 2020 2:02 AM
Sep 2019
This is kinda off topic but I want to get into the Oreagairu LN, should I just start from volume 1 or start from the end of s2 since s3 has been an abomination according to LN fans.

I have mixed feelings about this season; as a Yui fan I love how much screen time she’s getting, but I know about the Yui bias this season and it’s the weakest season thus far.
Sep 11, 2020 2:55 AM

Jul 2020
That moment Yukino couldn't let go of Hiki was immersive and strikes the heart.
Yui got the last dance and I wish it lasted longer.
I was also grateful to see Iroha and Hiki had some lovely conversations.

I'm truly glad we ended this episode with some good heartwarming speech from or beloved Hiratsuka Senei.
The idea of the show ending in just a few episodes is heartbreaking..
PoXonnSep 11, 2020 3:15 AM
Sep 11, 2020 3:04 AM

Nov 2013
Another Hachiman and Yui Moment this time in dancing, well in general Hachiman does spent times with all the girls in this episode.

It's been a long time since the S2 that I'm so lost at all the thing that Haruno said, confusing and not interesting at the same time for me.

But it was nice to hear Zoku OP at the end of the episode.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Sep 11, 2020 3:19 AM

Aug 2019
I feel so bad for Haruno. Her part was the best in the episode, not to say Hiratsuka-sensei's talk was bad, it was just as good. Haruno is another one of the characters in the series which is underappreciated.

I feel the music they used for the prom was out of place, it's more of an emotional piano music but they just used it for a prom dance, which felt weird.

People are still complaning about feel. not adapting Yukino's monologue, the monologue wasn't really necesarry as they conveyed those emotions through Yukino's reactions but in the LN it's kinda important.
ncviikSep 11, 2020 3:22 AM
Believe, believe there's magic here tonight~~
Sep 11, 2020 3:45 AM
Aug 2020
civonad said:
Bandulf said:

According to my expectation:
The anime ends with the events of Chapter 7 and then shows the credits.

Wait is the spoiler tag what happens in the LN?

The Spoiler Tag includes everything from the light novel that has not yet been implemented.
They still have two episodes.
Sep 11, 2020 5:18 AM

Jun 2020
This episode was fantastic. The best so far!
The end of OP was a bit different.

Hachiman and Yukino scene, from 16:50 to 18:30 was breathtaking.
Cutting ED was also a good decision to add more screen-time.
It is very sad that the anime will end soon... 😢
nozomi-hdSep 11, 2020 2:10 PM
Sep 11, 2020 5:42 AM
Jun 2020
sayomikayato said:
I’ll go read the LN. BYE.
Get ready for your entire perception of the characters to be thrown out of the window👍
Sep 11, 2020 5:49 AM
Jun 2020
Hollowsdrip said:
This is kinda off topic but I want to get into the Oreagairu LN, should I just start from volume 1 or start from the end of s2 since s3 has been an abomination according to LN fans.

I have mixed feelings about this season; as a Yui fan I love how much screen time she’s getting, but I know about the Yui bias this season and it’s the weakest season thus far.

S1 cut an entire vol out, s2 changed the characters, read from begining honestly, so many golden moments were cut from the LN. Every season was a downgrade from LN actually, you'll love it, check it out!
Sep 11, 2020 6:18 AM
Sep 2019
A_G_N said:
Hollowsdrip said:

S1 cut an entire vol out, s2 changed the characters, read from begining honestly, so many golden moments were cut from the LN. Every season was a downgrade from LN actually, you'll love it, check it out!
Yeah ill most likely just read every volume. I want to experience it in the best way and starting from volume 1 is the best scenario.

Will most likely read it in the near future, my hands are full rn, need to finish off Classroom of the Elite volume 1 too!!
Sep 11, 2020 6:57 AM
Jul 2020
the co dependence line was fax.
also they are all talking about leaving the service club right or are they not going to be friends every episode changes my mind im so confused.
finally who tf is the bad person like i get vibes of yuikinon's sister and and her mum but she seemed chill this ep
Sep 11, 2020 7:06 AM
Aug 2020
ShopinCart said:
also they are all talking about leaving the service club right or are they not going to be friends every episode changes my mind im so confused.
finally who tf is the bad person like i get vibes of yuikinon's sister and and her mum but she seemed chill this ep

Both Yukino's sister and her mother are super abusive.

The Service Club has already been closed since Iroha arrived with the prom and now that Yui is trying to get Hachiman and Yukino is staying away from Hachiman because of the co-dependency story, the club will probably not reopen in the future.
Sep 11, 2020 7:09 AM
Jul 2020
Bandulf said:
ShopinCart said:

Both Yukino's sister and her mother are super abusive.

The Service Club has already been closed since Iroha arrived with the prom and now that Yui is trying to get Hachiman and Yukino is staying away from Hachiman because of the co-dependency story, the club will probably not reopen in the future.

ok cool thanks explains a lot. i was just a little confused.
now we wait a week
Sep 11, 2020 7:46 AM

Feb 2014
I wish that Hachiman and Yui's dance lasted longer than it did. XD

Either way, the prom went off without any issues and it was filled with some nice moments with Hachiman's conversations with Iroha, Yui and Yukino respectively.

If there's one thing that I'm glad that happened, that was Haruno finally dropping her facade during her talk with Hachiman outside. This still doesn't change my opinion about her being an utter bitch to our trio, but I do like how she's aware of her faults and that she was genuinely trying to help them down the right path. Just a shame that her toxicity and manipulative motives caused some unnecessary bumps along the way, though. =/

Haruno talking about if anything genuine actually exists was interesting. It's not too late for someone like her to make some sort of change, which could take her down that path towards the goal that she wants. Who knows...

Hiratsuka's talk with Hachiman at the end was my favourite part of the episode. If Haruno's talk got Hachiman to slowly wake up, then Hiratsuka's talk did that job a lot better. She was spot on to say that what Hachiman and the others had can't be summed up in a simple word a like co-dependency at all. All the more reason why she's one of the best characters in this series. =P

Only 2 episodes left now. The preview for the next episode looks rather promising.
Sep 11, 2020 8:51 AM

Feb 2020
hachiman and yui dancing made me so sad and the song in the bg too TT
Sep 11, 2020 9:35 AM

Mar 2016
Regarding the Hachiman and Yukino moments from episode 8 and now here in episode 10:

Previous time the lighting through the window is from the twilight rays of sunset, indicating an initial sense of resolve and closure, the end of one thing and transformation or shifting to another thing. Also may indicate you left all your material desires and pleasures behind.

But here, this time, the light through the window is from the shine of the full moon. It may initially indicate vagueness or uncertainty, but it may also represent the full circle, the completion, the realization of one's own desires, the peak of clarity. Or even just the indication of one's innermost self.

That's likely the genuine truthful nature or stage of the two's emotions and thoughts during those scenes, imho.

Maybe it won't truthfully improve everyone's critical opinions about this season overall, but hopefully this reminds y'all that the scenes here have not been void of purpose.
Sep 11, 2020 9:46 AM

Sep 2019
Harukaze23 said:
There's a rumor about chapter 13 being 40 + minutes long.
where did you hear that? It'll be a treat for us if it's true tho.
Sep 11, 2020 9:48 AM

Sep 2019
I'm feeling kinda sad, will miss this show. Just few episodes to go :(
Sep 11, 2020 11:10 AM
Sep 2020
ShiroHachi said:
I still can't believe they cut the Romeo and Juliet scene, it's one of the most romantic scenes for Yukino and Hachiman. They also cut Yukino's last interlude/monologue. Man, Yukino only had 2 interludes for 3 seasons and they didn't adapt any of them FFS. And of course they adapted all Yui and Iroha scenes perfectly, including the dance scene. If any LN readers still thinks this is a good adaptation, something is wrong with you. How can they convince anime only fans about the main couple with 2 episodes now?

Romeo and Juliet scene and Yukino Interlude(from the LN)

I really wanted to watch that scene. nothing less expected from 2020 *sigh* I better read LN again otherwise i will really start to hate this series.... I was never upset about these kind of thing but this is really like they have something against yukinoshita.....
Sep 11, 2020 12:50 PM

Feb 2008
Hachiman should just ditch the hardships and go for sensei. His chances of finding something genuine would be greater, I suppose.

I wonder how it all is going to end, though.
Sep 11, 2020 1:34 PM
Feb 2020
YUIgairu ep 10 lmao,im really surprised when there is yui fans complaining that they are sad because u know its bad for yui etc though this season is literally fanservice for them IMO,yeah im serious,this s3 feel like a joke to me personally though its not funny at all specially at this point.

the thing is this season start exactly after the cliffhanger of s2 about "what is the deal with yukino??" or "yukino stuff is the last one to be done right??" and here we go 10 eps "yui sad,yui cry,90% focus yui screentime" and its not a funny joke at all that is what supposed to focus at yukino,her dialogue/monologue which is what oregairu from start for me now literally like this ep "yukino chase hachiman,say 1 line,grab his sleeve,then SILENT,yeah literally not speaking anything".

i never read the ln,but so many ppl said its so FAR BETTER than the anime,s1-s2 is fine,but s3 im serious this anime is like a joke,its like missing "the most important part" and focus at the least important one,no im not yukino fanboy but legit im sure many people want to know about yukino after the end of s2.Even from the very first start of s1 most of the best thing about oregairu start from "hachiman looking at the ice queen and hachiman conversation with her".

now if someone say s1-s2 is bad,i disagree that is really amazing,but if its about s3,i dont have anything,not a single excuse to defend it,this ep 10 there still focus at yui dance while yukino scene with hachiman is just 1 or2 lines and a few sec,and there is only 2 episode left,i cant even imagine what is about 2 ep and i dont trust preview,last preview its about yukino chasing and it just a few sec in this ep.
Sep 11, 2020 2:29 PM
Jul 2015
Were these past episodes really necessary only for Shizuka-sensei to say 'yeah, what Haruka said was bs'? Most of the drama these past 9-10 episodes happened because of Haruka's co-dependency bs. It already was very obvious to literally anyone that that was bs, but none of the main 3 realized this (maybe Yui did? sort of?) until Shizuka just said it? Feels like time wasted
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » to end the debate

Ghost_Davo - Yesterday

23 by aDamas_46 »»
4 hours ago

» Yukinoshita yukino in her tuxedo :may I have this dance?

zx1234yousif - Sep 10

8 by Merrycreeef346 »»
Sep 24, 5:15 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cchigu - Aug 27, 2020

216 by Gerbian »»
Sep 1, 2:53 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 17, 2020

423 by topfloorboss45 »»
Aug 13, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jul 30, 2020

285 by topfloorboss45 »»
Aug 10, 8:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.