Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 2 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 11, 2020 6:20 PM

Nov 2014
RobertBobert said:
ttcchen said:
im loving the addition of yuri

what are you talking about? isekai trash doesn't mean hating isekai. it means loving isekai bruh.

The last time I looked at anime fandom, hatred of isekai was one of the most popular trends in general.
ur not wrong, but that's not what I was talking about. I was saying you're mistaking "isekai trash" for "hating isekai". That's not what that word means.
Apr 11, 2020 6:33 PM
Jun 2017
This episode again is FUN TO WATCH... and what i can say, this series is one of my favorites so far...

And Catalina's character is just fun to watch... Ohh she better be careful as Prince Alan might also be in love with her in the future. Hahaha
Apr 11, 2020 6:38 PM

Sep 2018
It's alright, though I don't see it being one of my favs this season so far. 7/10
Apr 11, 2020 6:49 PM

May 2016
I didn't realize this was going to be a mixed harem when I first started. I am pretty excited for more episodes now!
Apr 11, 2020 6:52 PM

Oct 2008
I was surprised by the ED performed by Aoi Shouta! it was good huh...
so our FMC is really avoiding doom flags huh...
4/5.
matias067Apr 11, 2020 7:56 PM

Apr 11, 2020 7:35 PM

Apr 2009
Maaya Uchida sounds a little like Satomi Arai doing her Kuroko voice in the scene where loli Catarina is being smug.
Apr 11, 2020 8:28 PM
Jan 2017
Katarina's journey to salvation continues with another fine episode. I'm really liking the show's attempts to make Katarina more sympathetic with each passing episode, without really sacrificing the fact that she is mostly trying to look out for herself. Even if she is gradually improving the lives of those around her, her first priority is securing her own safety. Fortunately, those two goals don't have to contradict each other and it's nice to see Katarina develop her relationships with the supporting cast. It's been only 2 episodes and this show is already proving itself to be one of the finest in the season. I really look forward to see what happens next.
Apr 11, 2020 9:37 PM

Nov 2009
Bakarina at it again. LOL

Also, I am still impressed that she can remember pretty much all characters, routes and events from her past life's Otome game... that's some Super Otaku memory at work.

___ ___ ___

A note, I am really glad they started out and follows the manga, unlike some past season series that turn early chapters into flashbacks in mid of episodes and anime viewers missed some events.
amlgApr 11, 2020 9:57 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 11, 2020 10:30 PM
Jan 2013
This is a reverse harem not meant for its typical audience.She is pretty much the best heronie the genre has to offer.

She is so much of a tomboy that other dudes get pissed off at her boyinshness.

Apr 11, 2020 10:49 PM

Mar 2019
Another great episode. The otome game is not going as planned so there all falling for Bakarina. She is going to have a big Harem
Apr 11, 2020 10:54 PM

Sep 2016
Couldn't resist holding off, watched the ep in the end >.<

Yess, keep up this pace, I want to see all the main story.
And it will be glorious.

krzywasabi said:
...they're rushing a lot stuff in order to cram 2 chapters (of the manga) per episode, huh?

Doesn't feel rushed to me.
But probably it's just a personal feeling of mine.

RobertBobert said:

The last time I looked at anime fandom, hatred of isekai was one of the most popular trends in general.

While you're not wrong about this, what I see in his comment is just a sarcastic self deprecating comment (trash doesn't refer to isekai, but to him).
And the meaning is just that he likes this to the point he's ashamed of liking it that much.
This is what I read between the lines of his comment.
bruh
Apr 11, 2020 11:30 PM

Mar 2013
I REALLY am enjoying this so far and did not think I would, will start reading the Manga to get the wait over in between the episodes.

Catarina not being aware that she is slowly growing her own harem, too funny. And that it's girls AND Boys!!! Guess she just has that appeal. Reminds me of Choices where the MC always ends up having an entire fiend group fall in love with her. LOL

I also love the exchange between her and Mary...soooooo adorable. Whether it is just her admiring her and being happy she had someone outside her family to turn to or if she actually is starting to like her like that? Still so cute.
I'm betting she will also end up having the Heroine join either as a close friend or her also ending up falling in love with her?

Either way I'm loving it.
sirenixApr 11, 2020 11:34 PM
"You think your power has limits, I say it's limitless."

Apr 11, 2020 11:53 PM

Jul 2016
Not sure about Alan yet but Katarina indirectly made Mary part of her harem and I absolutely wouldn't mind if this show takes the "reverse-harem" route. I mean, going from "being killed or exiled" to have all the guys and possibly all the girls would be quite the funny outcome.

Overall, second episode and I enjoyed it lots. It was as solid as the previous one and the first half with Mary slowly opening up to Katarina was particularly very sweet to see. Not sure if it's admiration or love (probably admiration but I can dream) but no matter which one is, I really hope they become very close friends once they grow up.
Apr 12, 2020 1:13 AM

Mar 2017
No one is safe from the all-consuming black hole that is Bakarina's harem.

'nom'
Apr 12, 2020 1:28 AM

Jan 2016
Bakarina slowly grows her harem... looks like the next two will be the next victims next episode lol. Can't wait for it.

I wonder how they'll end the anime though. Maybe with the 5th?
Apr 12, 2020 1:30 AM

Apr 2019
Well at least this time the main character can’t fall bassackwards into a harem without any idea of what’s going on. So there’s that.

Seriously tho, very enjoyable show so far. Much like the 8th son also having an older character isekai’d as a child, but much unlike the 8th son, at least this child somewhat acts like an adult sometimes.
Apr 12, 2020 1:42 AM

Aug 2015
LMAOOOOO
As a fan of the light novel, this is truly doing the novel justice! It's so fun XD
Although if they keep the song played on the piano the same, it would be much funnier tho. XD

And i'm happy that many people appreciate the ED song too! It was sung by Aoi Shouta, my fave seiyuu after all... TwT
He always put the image of being a prince for the fans.. now he even voiced a real prince character.. uwu

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Apr 12, 2020 1:54 AM

Jun 2013
This is one of my favorite series, I've read and caught up with the manga in a day after falling in love with the first episode. I can now see why they call her Bakarina. People are calling this a reverse harem, yeah it is kind of but it's more of a Blackhole Harem. Everything and anything gets sucked in.

I guess what draws me into the story is Katarina's innocence. Her goal isn't to build a harem and perv on the people who show interest in her, her main goal at the end of the day is to avoid a doom ending where she dies.

It's a very wholesome show and the characters are drawn to her because of her kindness and purity, not like most isekai where the characters fall in love with the MC simply for being the MC. Bakarina is doing her best to be good to them, she's making an effort to avoid her doom ending but at the same time, being a good person to these characters.
臭い-
Apr 12, 2020 2:03 AM

Jan 2016
Is no one comment on this happy face? from depression into overly-cheerful girl with just a compliment is too precious. Love her a lot. lol.

Anyway, this is the first time i know that there is a story with MC got reborn/go to another world but with no ridiculous power. The only ability for her is insight for the future and silver-tongue i think. She will do anything in order to survive, without realizing her action make her be loved by everyone she think they will harm her.

I'm a man but watch this anime for girls, i don't mind. But i will never play otome game. I'm a healthy man afterall. lol.

Yay!
Apr 12, 2020 2:28 AM
May 2015
Introducing the love interests so far... A fairly okay episode.

But I did appreciate the rivalries and relationships being set up.
Apr 12, 2020 3:10 AM

Apr 2012
i hate isekai and i hate otome anime series but damn this one is SO GOOD
Apr 12, 2020 4:40 AM
Anime Archivist

Aug 2019
Loving the new episode! She hasn't even met the MC and yet in these past two eps she's already taking proactive steps to save herself.

It would be funny if there was a way to have a yuri route between the two garden-loving girls. Definitely can't happen considering how they were already engaged and having such an illicit affair would probably lead to execution anyways. It's still a funny thought though.

Also can't help but chuckle to myself when she talks about having that evil face and yet can't help but show off that smirk.
Apr 12, 2020 5:12 AM

Feb 2014
This show is really good fun once again. If they made Bakarina's mini multi-personality meeting into a short anime gag spin-off on its own, then I'll definitely watch it. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who would want that, huh? XD

Either way, this second episode was just as fun to watch as the first one. Bakarina is doing a good job in building up her own harem already. I don't blame Alan for feeling jealous about Bakarina after seeing Mary talk about her non-stop after they became friends. =3

No doubt that the Bakarina's main path to avoiding doom or exile will be a tough one, but bit by bit, she's making her progress towards her main goal. I hope she can reach it.

The OP song remains one of my favourite this season and the same can now be said for the ED song, too. It has a nice and strong beat to it and the vocals sounds great, too. ^_^
Apr 12, 2020 5:41 AM
Mar 2019
This is surprisely good xD

Im looking forward for another episode.
Apr 12, 2020 5:42 AM

Aug 2019
this is lowkey turning out to be the best show this season. it's the one im most excited for every week and i love the most. something about it is so fun.
Apr 12, 2020 5:49 AM

Jun 2008
Bakarina saves the day again:D I love her! I can't help but thinking of her like a female version of Tamaki Suoh from Ouran High School Host Club, as both are probably the densest, over-the-top baka adorable characters in anime history ever:D
Having a male and female harem is amazing!

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Apr 12, 2020 7:17 AM

Jun 2013
she's just a monkey lol
Apr 12, 2020 9:56 AM
Aug 2018
Bibimbapski said:
This is one of my favorite series, I've read and caught up with the manga in a day after falling in love with the first episode.

I did the same. Even went to read the Light Novels and the alternate version manga.
Apr 12, 2020 10:23 AM

Mar 2020
zz2000 said:
Fun fact - otome isekai plots points and scenarios are Not a true representation of how actual otome dating sim games work.

They are instead a hybrid mix of otome game mechanics and old-school shoujo manga/romantic novels/dramas that became the popular default template for aspiring webnovel writers to copy-paste from (much like the “RPG fantasy world of levels and dungeons” template started by male-targeted works like Shield Hero or Slime Reincarnation).

1) Villainess characters in otome WNs are modelled on evil/scheming love rivals of older shoujo manga/romance dramas/soap operas who serve to cockblock the story’s main character (MC) and male lead (ML) from getting together smoothly (and generating the requisite drama for viewers to lap up).
Actual otome games hardly have love rivals like this; you’re more likely to find a story-related villainess/villain that advances the game’s overall/overarching plot but isn’t love-related.
Game drama tends to come from the MC-ML interactions in their respective routes. MLs tend to have unresolved psychological issues/ghosts of their pasts that continue affecting them; and it’s up to the kindly emphatic MC to give them much-needed counselling and support to spiritually heal them (TLDR cracking open their shells to heal their soft tortured insides.)

2) Denunciation events in otome webnovels are modelled on similar romance drama events. In those stories, the love rival is usually an evil schemer involved in a lot of shady sh*t with the other story villains (ex. plotting to overthrow the country, sabotaging a company to justify its takeover, etc.).
The MC and ML of the drama will slowly collect info of the villainess’ doings before finally laying them bare in the drama’s final (or 2nd final) episode in front of the public and the head authority figure (ex. emperor, company founder, school principal); wherein the villainess is caught and shamed in front of a large crowd.
Actual otomes don’t really have plots like this, so you won’t find them there.

3) Otome WNs nearly always take place in 18th century inspired fantasy worlds based on European royalty and nobility. Expect lots of castles and mansions, elaborate frilly dresses of pre-revolutionary France style, dashing princes and nobles, and frequent tea parties (far from the living it rough, open world adventuring of male-targeted WNs.)
In contrast, actual otomes don’t limit themselves to just this setting. They can take place in various historical periods as well, from ancient Japan (Hakuoki, Nightshade), modern times (Collar x Malice, Amnesia – Memories) to scifi (Norn9).
(IMO the reused setting of otome WNs are telling as to how often WN authors rip off the same template set by their predecessors.)

4)The concept of a “otome villainess who’s actually good and wants to change their fate” is mostly a WN creation. Works like Bakarina popularized this trope, although it had its start in works like Kenkyo, Kenjitsu o Motto ni Ikite Orimasu and Inner Palace Tale of a Noble Villainess where the MCs were misunderstood villainesses (the former because of her original story role, the latter due to her mean-looking but beautiful face.)

sir this is a wendy's
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Apr 12, 2020 11:44 AM
Swallowtail

Feb 2014
Catarina is such a gentle soul, she deserves a harem
Apr 12, 2020 12:47 PM

Jun 2016
damnn .. this anime is lit !!!

never bored to watch every minutes
Apr 12, 2020 2:17 PM

Apr 2018
That was incredibly cute and funny.
Apr 12, 2020 6:16 PM

Jun 2015
Bakarina is just trying to survive and yet she kept on expanding her harem. If someone worries that it's going to be a reverse-harem, then it may be is. But fret' not, friends. It's worth a try.

MAKE BAKARINA #1 GIRL THIS SEASON!!!
Apr 12, 2020 6:18 PM

Mar 2010
This anime is so bright in colors and Bakarina have captured more targets this episode lol.
Apr 12, 2020 6:45 PM

Nov 2015
This show is cute. It's fun and easy to watch. Bakarina is best girl of the season. I am happy to watch her grow her harem.
Apr 12, 2020 8:00 PM

Feb 2018
Great episode, I love the way they're adapting the manga and I can't wait for more! There are some other good shows this season, but I think this is the one that's invested me the most so far. Might have to read more of the manga between episodes too.
Apr 13, 2020 4:49 AM

Nov 2011
What is this? A reverse harem that's actually entertaining, haven't seen any since Yona.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 13, 2020 5:58 AM

Nov 2016
Bakarina unlocked the yuri Route OuO
Apr 13, 2020 7:47 AM

May 2019
Bakarina's council is amazing. I love this show; its character development is one of the strongest this season

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Apr 13, 2020 9:15 AM

Jan 2016
They left a couple things out that made me sad, but I loved this episode too hahaa
Apr 13, 2020 10:01 AM
Mar 2019
im genuinely laughing while watching this episode, bakarina is so cute and whatever she does is so hilarious. And also, im liking Alan more than any boys on the list.
I love K-On, and so should you.

Apr 13, 2020 10:24 AM

Mar 2010
Damn great episode. Really loving the opening sequence <3
Apr 13, 2020 1:08 PM

Aug 2013
A hilarious episode. Loved it.

Catarina was funny, especially with her little challenge with Alan. She really is a master at tree climbing.

Also, after listening to the OP for the second time, it really is one hell of an OP. The ED is good as well.

Apr 13, 2020 2:45 PM
Mar 2015
She made friends with Alan and Mary but may have exposed her fiances dark side
Apr 13, 2020 3:18 PM
Bad Opinions

Feb 2014
Both of their pieces end on major chords when they play piano, however, they both end in GBDF which is a major 7. It is very apparent that they are not playing a major 7. 0/10.
Apr 13, 2020 4:34 PM

Mar 2010
THis is going beyond expectations, this is such a great surprise. Can't wait for the next episode n__n

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 14, 2020 2:02 AM

Apr 2018
This is really funny
Apr 15, 2020 11:57 PM
Feb 2013
A bi-harem of my dreams... <3
I honestly can't wait for all the shows that will come after this one, 'otome villianess isekai' is such a fun trope. Blackhole Bakarina is unstoppable!

grandstorm said:
Is no one comment on this happy face? from depression into overly-cheerful girl with just a compliment is too precious. Love her a lot. lol.

Anyway, this is the first time i know that there is a story with MC got reborn/go to another world but with no ridiculous power. The only ability for her is insight for the future and silver-tongue i think. She will do anything in order to survive, without realizing her action make her be loved by everyone she think they will harm her.

I'm a man but watch this anime for girls, i don't mind. But i will never play otome game. I'm a healthy man afterall. lol.

Mary is super cute! can't wait for anime-onlys reaction to the other girls~
Apr 16, 2020 2:10 AM

Feb 2010
A reverse harem that's actually not annoying or not having female MC robot with no personality? this is enjoyable so far, Katarina is fun as hell too and her personality is just charming and has capability to capture targets (including the girls one) rofl

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Apr 16, 2020 2:59 PM

Nov 2013
xD hahaha MC will end up with girls and boys slicing and dicing each other for her sake xD
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2020

195 by Ravenisbi »»
Jul 31, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

136 by removed-user »»
Jun 20, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2020

126 by removed-user »»
Jun 20, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2020

130 by removed-user »»
Jun 20, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2020

157 by removed-user »»
Jun 20, 8:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.