Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 26, 2019 8:06 PM

Jul 2015
Well this was something, I ended up binge watching the whole season today and yesterday, and it was... okay? That's about all I can really say, I wasn't all that into it to really keep up with what was going on but I did enjoy the fights and the characters and the music. I'd say a 6/10 in the end. I kind of look forward to the second season.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jun 26, 2019 9:01 PM

Sep 2017
Well that was a thing. There were a couple decent episodes and the finale was fine, but this was pretty bad overall. The series was just full or poor exposition. Even this final ep had some random exposition disguised as conversation, which in part was suppose to set up the prime minster acting like a badass when he showed up with troops. Too bad he didn't do anything. And man the directing was really bad at times. Especially the first episode.

This series could really benefit from a longer run time (including the second season) to show us more of the war of unification, rather than confusing exposition with more proper nouns than I'm willing to count.

They managed to get a few cool shots in the first with Free and Liscar at least.
Jun 28, 2019 9:51 AM

May 2018
WTf, that's it, Liscar doesn't get beaten by Free. rather he withdraws and whose side does Ray Dawn fight for????

Then again seeing Schwarz Diese getting owned and killed was nice to say the least.
Jun 30, 2019 1:16 AM

Jan 2016
the finale was much better than all of the other episodes. Still, it doesn't make up for everything else.

5/10
Jun 30, 2019 2:43 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
This dude Ray Dawn not only does he have an ominous face, but also his Fairy is literally called the “Throw Taker”, how do you trust such a guy with that much power and rule? I wish this shit fest of a show would have ended with this episode, but no, I have to wait for another sequel before I'm finally free. Speaking of which, I'm saving up a lot of rat for him to the series' review.
Jul 3, 2019 9:49 AM
Mar 2019
I can't see myself coming back for the second cour; by the end of the first I still don't have any ties to any of the extremely bland personalities of the cast (other than Bevee Lescar who was an absolute unit these past couple episodes). The best fight of the series is here in this episode featuring Free vs Lescar. If we could have gotten this level of animation I'd be more inclined to stick around for the second cour

There was enough of a visual presence to keep me entertained through 12 episodes, specifically composition relayed the vibes of the series quiet thoroughly and I thought the actual character designs were refreshing. The concept of fairy soldiers was interesting enough but ultimately fell flat, with barely any focus on the fairies themselves. None of them stood out as particularly unique fairies and I thought the designs of the fairies were pretty rubbish to say the least. Maybe there will be a greater focus on why Marlya's fairy chose her in the second cour, but as it stands, there are far too many cons that outweigh the few positives of this show

All I am taking away from this was a kick ass soundtrack that I am sure I will be revisiting from time to time.
Gonna have to give this show a 4/10
Jul 5, 2019 9:45 AM

Aug 2018
started ''eh'' and ended ''eh''. My whole review would be: ''eh'' if mal allowed
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Jul 9, 2019 12:59 PM
Oct 2017
This was a long, boring ride. I tried to care about the characters (useless/unlikable) & story but it was nonsense.
Jul 22, 2019 7:51 AM
Mar 2017
Not bad for an Original Anime visuals and soundtrack was good the only problem is the story it's all over the place.

7/10
Aug 25, 2019 6:28 AM

Jul 2009
It started so good, Ver was so interesting to see, but then it started the whole betrayal thing and we didn't see much of Ver, it got a bit boring...
Sep 12, 2019 10:52 PM

Nov 2009
I loved Free kicking ass with Verosteel in this and the previous episode. It was great to see him actually going toe-to-toe with Liscar and making difference after that bitter defeat a few episodes back when Ozz was killed. I guess that other fairy weapon he fought with at the time didn't match his style after all, rendering him ineffective.

Looking forward to season 2 and I have a feeling the united front of Liscar and Ray Dawn (seemingly the strongest surviving fairy soldier so far) will be the main enemy.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Sep 15, 2019 4:11 AM
Mar 2018
This series as a whole gets a 6.8/10 from me. It was a struggle for me to care about the story originally because they really did not give you reason to. However, arriving at this final episode you can definitely feel the layers that they gave between the relations between countries, Dukes and so forth to establish this dilemma. I feel that it was to a fault though.

What I could appreciate from this series were the fight scenes (they never showed up or occurred for no reason and the choreography was good in my book), the animation and the composition of the scenes gave such a cinematic feel sometimes, and the soundtrack during pivotal moments. When all of these things came together, specifically around the fight scenes you can feel the weight of all the exposition that was building up, matter. I will go on the record and say this is Fairy Gone: Survivor's Guilt the Anime and Marlya did beat the cursed child thing to the ground but I will also state that I appreciate witnessing the obvious problem of her joining Dorthea and running into Ver again will be a problem as they will be enemies due to circumstances. However, with Marlya now adopting Dorthea's values and comrades I saw a sense of pride she had at the very end, touching her patch on her shoulder as they won the fight.

I guess the only lingering question I have with this series is that now that I'm here, if it were to return for a S2 would I find it worth the investment of watching it? Will it ever meet its potential or will the storytelling fall short?
CrudeVigilanteSep 15, 2019 4:14 AM
Sep 17, 2019 2:07 AM

Apr 2011
This series is okay. Just a lot of flashbacks that I don't understand. But not enough to convince me to watch the 2nd season.

5/10.
Dec 22, 2019 4:50 PM

Oct 2008
oh well Ver is gone...too bad...
at least Marlya got her fairy and is much stronger at least?
4/5.
7/10.

Jan 8, 2020 3:01 PM

Jul 2015
Well I honestly expected them to kill Liscar, looks like he will probably meets his end in the second season, at least Diese got killed by the apparently powerful Ray Dawn

The animation for this first season was pretty decent the cgi wasn't awful at all in my opinion but pretty okay, I feel like the story could have been interesting but was executed rather poorly, hopefully the second season will finish things nicely because I don't think this series will ever get another season

Jan 8, 2020 4:05 PM
Dec 2015
FINALLY IT'S OVER!!! I AM FREE AGAIN!!!!
I didn't felt all this suffer and pain while watching an anime from the time of Ousama Game

Second season? no thank you
Mar 28, 2020 7:49 PM

May 2018
This was absolutely dreadful.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
May 25, 2020 9:56 AM

Feb 2009
I definitely won't stick around for the 2nd season. And it's a shame! The music is marketed toward Western tastes and I LOVE it, but between the random plot, thrown in locations that don't matter to anyone, much less the audience, characters all over the place and you don't know who is truly important and who isn't, and constant random bullet hails that never seem to hit anymore? I'm just over it. Feels like Glasslip. Could've been soo much better.

Aug 18, 2020 4:51 AM

Nov 2009
Pretty bad show, just a miserable time all around.
Feb 14, 2021 10:33 PM
Oct 2019
the piano at the end of every episode is really great. I just need to say that

*fairy soldier guy is apparently good with the fairy sword but not the other fairy item? ok, I can buy that. he's probably used the sword much more than the other shield-chain-dagger thing. whiny bitch girl still kinda worthless. the whole dorothea squad using Oz as a rallying cry was kind of unearned

*how are the palace guards so weak? they die in one shot. they can't shoot anyone. they mindless shoot at the traitors even when they're in a different room, hiding out of sight behind a wall, wasting all their ammo? its' all so mind bottlingly dumb

*the traitor colonel and his men are invincible? the fairy robots literally had multiple canons on each arm firing at them and they rarely took any damage... speaking of the traitor colonel, why did they just leave? wtf was the point? were they just there for the adrenaline rush of fighting? were they nothing more than a distraction for that one duke guy to try and take out the emperor?

*ray dawn (I called him radon in my head the whole time, like the element/gas) has a secret power with his fairy that he's hidden from people? ok, that's interesting. and I still don't understand why he sacked that village in the beginning or what his intentions are...or if the show is going to try and spin him as "good"

*veronica was a no-show almost the entire second half of the season. hmm. wolfran wasn't very prominent either

I like this show, truly. It does have its faults, like some of the dialogue and melodramatic scenes. It's a bit hard to keep all the flashbacks/timelines/locations/names straight, too. and at times it seems to jump from a to c (skipping b). but I like it for the plot. It's compelling. and there's enough mystery and intrigue to keep me wondering, too. I can't say I care all that much for any of the characters, although I kind of appreciate the dorothea guy who's always sleeping and hitting on women. and I guess I could grow to like veronica and wolfran if we saw more of them but impossible to say thus far

7/10. Nice show but not great. will certainly give the 2nd season a go
Aug 15, 2021 5:21 AM

Feb 2018
''Why stand in the battlefield, with no resolve?'' says Colonel with a Fairy & a Fairy weapon to a normal soldier.. ;p Shame we didnt saw Ray fighting.. time for s2!
Oct 2, 2021 5:36 PM

Aug 2011
Not a bad storyline and I actually enjoyed this. The final episode was kinda anti-climatic, even with all the fighting going on.

I will watch season 2; looking forward to more scenes with Veronica and Wolfran.
Jan 23, 2022 7:58 AM

Jul 2021
I know I decided to watch a show rated 5.79, but I'm still disappointed.
The art style is awesome, but there isn't much else going for it.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Gone Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2019

51 by Thewatcher_22 »»
Feb 18, 2022 9:11 AM

Poll: » Fairy Gone Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2019

65 by JaniSIr »»
Jan 23, 2022 7:18 AM

» Is this worth watching?

removed-user - Oct 7, 2021

6 by Pangolin44 »»
Nov 3, 2021 8:26 AM

Poll: » Fairy Gone Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2019

51 by Kap92 »»
Aug 15, 2021 5:20 AM

Poll: » Fairy Gone Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

40 by Kap92 »»
Aug 15, 2021 5:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.