Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 30, 2019 1:10 PM

Apr 2015
JizzyHitler said:
finally got to watching the ep, they did a fantastic job with the fireworks arc, really captured the emotion of it and sold it.

I dont expect a s2, which is a damn shame cause this season mostly adapted the weakest parts of the series before it starts to expand what its capable of especially since theres a far wider supporting cast and way more dramatic moments like this episode, and thats all in addition to the character development and continuity and all that good stuff that makes the status quo change as a proper pace as to not get stale, alot happened in the 100 chapters that arent adapted and at a way faster pace than the stuff covered so far. So even if I dont expect one im hoping im wrong and we do get one. Plus miko needs her damn screentime, it feels weird seeing all this fanart of the main cast with her missing just cause she wasnt in the anime. The fact she at least gets a cameo makes me slightly more hopeful for a possible s2 but I think if it doesnt get announced in the next couple months its probably not gonna happen.

Major props to the voice actors of this series, all of them are pretty much up and comers but they all killed it especially kaguya's voice actress.

If there would be an announcement for a second season, I would lose hope if nothing is announced by the end of the year.

Plus, we have to wait and see the blu-ray sales.
Mar 30, 2019 1:14 PM

Mar 2016
I thought this was turning into a normal romance anime, but thank God it wasn't true.

Ishigami looked so cute in his yukata.

Fujiwara thought they were playing a game. Haha

Ishigami accidentally created his own path. Lol. Even Shirogane scolded him!

Both Ishigami and Fujiwara got "shot down" . Haha.

I will really miss this!
Mar 30, 2019 1:18 PM

Jul 2015
Well, the more or less 3 years I waited for the anime to happen couldn't have paid off better than with this absolutely amazing adaptation, the delivery of the fireworks scene was the last thing this season had left to prove its quality and they did once again in an absolutely outstanding way.

I can't do anything but clap in praise toward the work everyone at A-1 Pictures has done with this anime, I had faith in them since the staff was announced and all I can say is that they surpassed even my wildest expectations, I know that I'm a massive fanboy of Kaguya-sama and I won't try to hide it in any way, but I will say that this is the quality adaptation this amazing work deserved.

Well, one hell of an easy 10/10 to my list, and the story is only at the start, it gets even better and better... and I hope we get more seasons animating it, because holy damn it deserves it. Good luck to anything attempting to steal its AOTY spot for me!
Mar 30, 2019 1:21 PM

Jul 2015
9/10. -1 for no season 2 announcement.
Mar 30, 2019 1:23 PM
Aug 2016
I'm so frustrated about the ending tho
I really thought something would happen for the final episode but shirogane still messing up
Gotta read the scans from now on but i wish season 2 will be announced really soon
Mar 30, 2019 1:30 PM

May 2018
In start this was boring to me, but as the story continued, i really started to like very much. Great ending for this season, hopefully we'll see second season next year.
Mar 30, 2019 1:31 PM

Aug 2015
Definitely one of the best romcoms I've watched ever. 9/10. I will be looking forward to a season 2 which it will most likely get. This is extremely popular in Japan.
Mar 30, 2019 1:31 PM

Aug 2018
AOTS Winter 2019

9/10
I Don't give 10's a lot but this one was soooo close to getting It
Mar 30, 2019 1:38 PM

Mar 2012
Definitely the best anime of this season for me, this humor, action and dramaturgy plus wonderful characters and Kaguya who won my heart.
So LOVE IS WAR.

Score: 9/10
Mar 30, 2019 1:44 PM
Jul 2018
DumpsterKing said:
The 2nd half of the episode really weakened the impact of the finale for me. It takes a delicate balance to execute comedy and drama simultaneously and Kaguya really hasn't managed that for me. I can't take their problems seriously if they keep playing them off as a joke. 7/10 for me.

Can't help but agree. You see, in the manga the fireworks arc obviously ended with "My heart is so loud, I can't hear the fireworks" only. I always thought that it was a mistake to end the anime with chapter 46, and that it unjustifiably makes some people quickly think "Oh, so we're back to the status-quo bullshit" but trust me, we aren't.
The way it's meant to be, you should be getting sucked in the moment where they see the fireworks. Hope it didn't ruin the feels for too many people to enjoy.
Mar 30, 2019 1:46 PM
May 2016
Everyone talking about the first part of the episode, and here I am laughing for five straight minutes on the plane aerobatics part :D .
Mar 30, 2019 1:48 PM

Aug 2007
Nice way to finish this. I mean, some character develop for Kaguya and her difficult life with her famili (I was courious about this. But considering this is a comedy the story wont put too much drama and this kind of things).

The ending finishing with the routine. With 12 episodes I can say this was an enjoyable anime that made me laugh sometimes.
Mar 30, 2019 1:50 PM
Oct 2018
I mean, It was alright. The ending was very unsatisfying, the fireworks part was nicely executed, but at least a confession would've been a minimal If this was the only season. Tho, I'll let it slide If there is a second season coming up and more progress and HOPEFULLY A GOD DAMN CONFESSION AT LEAST is done.
Mar 30, 2019 1:55 PM
Jul 2013
TheRantMan321 said:
I don't watch many rom-coms and SOL shows but Kaguya is definitely in the top 3. Only beaten by Clannad and Melancholy of Haruhi.

The show is very good and the quality never plunders. It's by far the most consistent anime I've watched in a while. I recommend it to anyone, even if you're not a fan of rom-coms and SOL anime. It's a perfect gateway anime to the SOL genre. Also i got a lot of laughs out of it but comedy is subjective so i can't say if anyone will be amused as much as i was.

Kaguya is a pure 9/10.

I recommend you watch Hachimitsu to Clover. Better than each of them IMO.

Fireworks arc was exceptionally moving. Ending was alright, we need season 2.
Mar 30, 2019 1:59 PM
Jul 2018
The people who seriously thought this was gonna end in a confession need to look at this story as a whole: This was just the first serious arc of the manga and there were many more to come, so why reach the climax so quickly? Imo a confession right there would be way too rushed, almost like the manga got axed.
Criticizing an anime because it didn't end how you wanted it to is not the way to go.
Mar 30, 2019 2:00 PM

Jan 2018
I know I'm late but whatever
This was such an amazing series from the beginning to the end!
It's one of my favorite winter anime and one of my few favorite anime in general and I would give this a 10/10
I really enjoyed the ride and I do pray that there will be a season 2
I would be upset if there won't be a second season

icedmocha_Mar 30, 2019 2:06 PM

Mar 30, 2019 2:00 PM
Oct 2015
Are you expecting a confession scene in romcom manga? How cute.
Well the author said he would make this bakacouple dating in the near future, and he would not end this manga with confession so the post confession arc would probably be really long
Mar 30, 2019 2:02 PM

Nov 2014
On one hand, it was great episode with some awesome scenes.
On the other, I really didn't want drama in this anime.

In the end it balances out for me. If we ever get 2nd season or I end up reading manga, I just hope there won't be more drama. Even if it works, it's just a waste to change tone of such excellent comedy.
Mar 30, 2019 2:02 PM

May 2013
I'm not into romcom at all, but I had truly a good time with it.
Very solid, 9/10 for me. AOTS in pair with Mob.
Mar 30, 2019 2:04 PM
Oct 2015
Terkhev said:

In the end it balances out for me. If we ever get 2nd season or I end up reading manga, I just hope there won't be more drama. Even if it works, it's just a waste to change tone of such excellent comedy.

I have a bad news for you
Mar 30, 2019 2:14 PM

Sep 2011
Terkhev said:

well if its any consolation whenever theres drama in the series its always led into making jokes at its expense later on like how the 2nd half of this episode did(like almost immediately so). So yeah theres drama but theres also jokes as a result with pretty hefty punchlines that'd be impossible without the tonal shifts.
JizzyHitlerMar 30, 2019 2:24 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 30, 2019 2:18 PM

Mar 2015
The moment Shinomiya stared at Shirogane while her heart was beating, so loud that she didn't hear the fireworks was lovely. Actually I expected something more in the scene they come across, but maybe I was naive xd, but funny!

Another series is finished. The comedy was incredible, I lost count of the times I repeated it's scenes. Much desire waiting for second season, anxious to see how the romance will develops. (Well... probably I'm going to read th manga lol)
My Candies:

My bonus Candies:
Mar 30, 2019 2:29 PM

Apr 2013
Petition for Hayasaka to do an ending dance like Chika for season 2 or ova!
Mar 30, 2019 2:34 PM
Oct 2018
9/10 because it deserves it
Mar 30, 2019 2:40 PM

Jul 2016
such a great series! this episode is the best, half end of the episode i cant stop smiling :) damn such an amazing episode
Mar 30, 2019 2:59 PM

Jul 2015
yikes. how is anything that abuses baits anything above a 5? gekkan shoujo 2.0 over here
Mar 30, 2019 3:08 PM
Jan 2017
You can’t go an tease Iino like that, show. You better give us that season 2.
Mar 30, 2019 3:09 PM
Jun 2016
I'm not a romance fan but I do like Romcom's and my God was this show fantastic start to finish.

Maybe the best anime Romcom I've ever seen.
Mar 30, 2019 3:12 PM

Mar 2018
Show like Kaguya-sama are the reason why i watch anime, so damn good
Thank you a-1 pictures and all the staff who work on this anime for the passion they put into it
Mar 30, 2019 3:14 PM
Jan 2017
Peco said:
yikes. how is anything that abuses baits anything above a 5? gekkan shoujo 2.0 over here

You’re... you’re kidding right? The quality of the show’s voice acting, cinematography, animation, writing, etc, is all completely thrown out the window because it teases things to come in the last title sequence? Really? What would’ve it had gotten if it *had* pretended the rest of the manga didn’t exist, then?
Mar 30, 2019 3:15 PM

Aug 2014
Yep, they delivered it, perfect adaptation of the Fireworks arc, animation was great, and the VAs were fenomenal. Kaguya of course, but even the quick lines from Hayasaka, Shirogane and Ishigami during those tense moments felt so great to hear. Also props to the taxi driver, the real MVP of this episode!

I think the transition to part 2 could have been a bit better, it was too sudden, I'd have liked more if they did a slow transition to let the feelings sink in for the viewers, but I guess the time constraints prevented that.

Overall amazing adaptation, best romcom I've seen in years, and surely AOTS for me.

Come on now A1, you can't tease Iino like that and not announce a second season. But damn, it they did such a great job with the fireworks arc, we know they can deliver for the next important story arcs too.

Mar 30, 2019 3:16 PM

Oct 2016
Anime of the season. Year, maybe?
Mar 30, 2019 3:24 PM

Aug 2017
ALL
I WANTED
WAS FOR THEM TO KISS!!!

That was the funniest, most emotional, and most engaging episode in the series so far, and I just want more! It needs a season 2!
Mar 30, 2019 3:29 PM
Jan 2017
I’m thinking we’ll get a S2 announcement either in the next two-ish months, if the Blu-rays sell well, after the live-action, or not at all.
Mar 30, 2019 3:33 PM
Nov 2018
Terkhev said:

Even if it is an excellent comedy it still is a romance too and romance has a ton of drama.
Mar 30, 2019 3:41 PM

May 2015
sasalx said:
Great VAs.
Great animation.
Great adaptation.

Truly I can only ask S2 as a manga reader. Such an enjoyable ride it was...

Don't forget to checkout /a reaction video. Chapter 45 live page by page translation.

Do you know the name of the song that starts playing when Shirogane shows up under the steps in that clip? It sounds really good.

Mar 30, 2019 3:44 PM

Feb 2018
for all this years I always thought that he was Shinomiya's personal driver, but he really was a common taxi driver.
Thank you anime, for correcting my erros. 10/10
Mar 30, 2019 4:02 PM
Feb 2019
Presentttted by Miyuki Shirogane :D
Mar 30, 2019 4:15 PM

Oct 2015
One of the best anime in recent times. Would be AOTS if not for Mob. I'm definitely going to read the manga now.
Mar 30, 2019 4:16 PM
Feb 2019
Okay damn i finish watching this
Wait...
Wheres
My
Second
Season?
Mar 30, 2019 4:29 PM

Jul 2017
I believe it is near impossible for a rom-com to be a masterpiece.
A masterpiece needs an endearing premise, fleshed-out characters, stellar writing, and exceptional technical execution.
Traditionally, a rom-com can't hit all of those marks, but...
Kaguya-sama did all of that and more.
10/10
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Mar 30, 2019 4:39 PM

Nov 2017
Okay this was an epic way to end a series, I really enjoyed this one and I hope it gets a second season soon. Yakusoku no Neverland got its next season announced already, so don’t give me another Baccano-like wait!
Also someone should give Chika’s seiyuu and oscar or something, some of the sounds she made, made this show extra funny!

Mar 30, 2019 4:44 PM

Sep 2012
TsukuyomiREKT said:

Do you know the name of the song that starts playing when Shirogane shows up under the steps in that clip? It sounds really good.

Unfortunately, I don't know. Sorry.
Mar 30, 2019 4:53 PM

Aug 2008
Enough material for two more seasons so lets get going and continue this anime!
Mar 30, 2019 4:57 PM

Sep 2011
hope for the 2nd season I hope
https://mobile.twitter.com/akasaka_aka/status/1112010408422830081

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 30, 2019 5:05 PM

Aug 2008

Google Translate says "the anime will end here" :(

Mar 30, 2019 5:06 PM
Mar 2018
Mediocre and overrated my ass. That sounded weird thinking it, but come one people: Bikini/beach episode, japanese student president stuff, umbrellas, cake, lots & lots of blushes and an open ending/ a.k.a. sequel (get your wallets ready they want all of it). It's all out of the book of school/romance/comedy anime. However (the fanbase can stop doaming from now on) it was pretty well done; the pacing seems right, the jokes knew when to quit it, the characters were well made and the editing was good. I don't care for obvious attention grabs like the Chika endings, the narrator or anything that felt pushed onto the audience. These are too cheesy for my tastes. So in the end I would give this a 8/10, just because I'm one of those people that do their own maths before rating...
Mar 30, 2019 5:10 PM
Jul 2017
Never a show broke my heart and reattached it in the same episode.

God dam, how lovely this anime was, one of those that hit close to home, even though is fiction.
Im now convinced to read the manga and fall in love once again.

:D
Mar 30, 2019 5:10 PM

Sep 2011
gswelcome said:

Google Translate says "the anime will end here" :(

well yeah, cause hes referring to the fact it literally just ended, the hope is that the radio is gonna keep happening.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 30, 2019 5:11 PM

Jul 2007
Geeeeeez. Awesome last episode. During the end of the ep all I could think was "Please give us a sign for season 2". I was hoping for it till the last second. Such a shame man. We rarely get good lovecomes and I trully love them :( Chika still best girl though! Kaguya is awesome too but still! Overall I liked all characters in the show. That being said I think the most memorable part of the anime for the years to come will be that damn ep 3 dance :P
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2019

273 by Catalaxia »»
Aug 14, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2019

251 by Salman_-_-_ »»
Aug 13, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2019

262 by Salman_-_-_ »»
Aug 13, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2019

209 by _untitled »»
Jul 16, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2019

259 by _untitled »»
Jul 16, 8:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.