Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Nov 7, 2018 5:48 AM
Jun 2014
deg said:
hazarddex said:

i read the novel and the early chapter of this volume confused me as well things only started making sense when kekine finally started explaining stuff. which (from the looks of it and hopefully is next episode.)

imagine being an anime only watcher like me then lol gonna wait for that Kakine explanation then

tbf, your point doesn't mean much if you also don't understand what a "Battle Royale" means even though we see multiple factions being introduced and ATLEAST 2 factions(ITEM and GROUP) targeting the SCHOOL faction now.

There's nothing much to get confused beside the motive, but motives are OFTEN not explained in the INTRODUCTION PHASE of AN ARC.

And yes, I'm an anime only watcher.
Nov 13, 2018 11:38 AM
Sep 2012
My favorite arc is finally being animated. Huzzah!
Nov 14, 2018 5:24 PM
Mar 2014
This episode was great
Nov 15, 2018 6:40 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
I have to say, this episode just wasn't that well put together. It was all over the place and was going at a breakneck pace.

We jumped in out of nowhere and I had a hard time keeping up, despite how exciting it all was.

I like seeing side characters getting a chance to shine, and especially see ones we haven't in a long time. I hate to see the show do this, because it definitely sucks some enjoyment out of it.

Hopefully it will all be explained in the coming episodes. This was just too hard to follow for someone who doesn't read the source material.
Nov 25, 2018 8:25 PM

Dec 2007
I've missed accelerator, he's the cocky a$$hole I strive to be one day

Dec 5, 2018 10:04 AM

Dec 2014
well now focus to the trouble in academic city...hmmm...what happened to touma...we did not have the usual hospital scene...I am kinda worried....
Dec 5, 2018 2:55 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Crashmatt said:
This episode totally lost me. The exposition was a jumbled mess and I can remember who all these people are.

Index biggest problem has always been the huge cast. Remember when a girl's called index used to be in this?

I don't really care much about these side characters, even Accelorater seemed rather dull this episode.

Hopefully thinks will be explained and some point. Can't help but feel season 3 lacks focus.

It is its biggest problem cuz the studio adapting never did the best job at introducing everyone.
I have started reading the LNs when S3 aired and now finally today I was on volume 15 which is this arc, Battle Royale, and have only read 1/3 of the volume (this episode covered like 1/4 of the volume), and this is easily the best arc yet, on the novel.

Software estimates it to take 5 hours of reading, yet so far not a single dull moment, this volume is amazing, right from the start, fast paced, while being one of the series biggest volumes!
A proper adaptation would require probably at least 6-7 episodes, it really sucks to have the anime only viewers spoiled on an amazing arc with such a rushed and mediocre animation adaptation.

Literally every scene was insanely rushed, background and context for everything was keep short, they trimmed all the details out possible to be able to have this in 3 episodes.

What an amazing arc, such a wasted potential with this adaptation, still fun to watch for one that is reading the source material but I pity those that are not.
Dec 17, 2018 5:28 AM

Aug 2013
This Kakine guy seems interesting. From the OP it looks he will have a fight with accelerator which I'm looking forward to.

Dec 28, 2018 5:15 AM
Apr 2014
would love to comment but all I got was 5 adds, an intro then 5 more adds, done, not watching something that's only adds, can't even mute them
Feb 28, 2019 7:51 AM

Dec 2014
I think I'm just going to read the LNs at this point. I've only read the first 2.
Mar 23, 2019 4:04 PM

Aug 2017
Good episode. I'm glad that I remember ITEM from Railgun. A lot of gangs in this episode. At least, I think that the pacing is ok.

Hamazura is really hilarious lol.

So, another level 5 is the leader of SCHOOL.....

The last scene with Accelerator hijacked that car lmao.
NurguburuMar 23, 2019 4:14 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 17, 2019 4:27 PM

May 2012
That ending was freaking hilarious! Pretty nice episode and development, let's see what's next!
May 2, 2020 2:07 PM

Jan 2013
I love Accelerator.
The episode however felt really fast, in and out of literally everywhere ...
Jun 1, 2020 10:45 PM

Apr 2020
What the fuck is happening? The pacing was so fast. I feel like I'm watching TG;re
Oct 13, 2020 11:22 AM

Apr 2013
So unfortunately no Itsuwa this episode, but instead we get Mugino. And Kami got replaced with Accelerator, I can totally live with that, please continue like that for the rest of the season
Dec 7, 2020 2:43 AM

Dec 2012
Tsuchimikado.
Accelerator.
Kero Hakase.
Last Order.
Dat split.
Dat split again. He dead.
Monaka?
SCHOOL. Who is she? She is cute.
MEMBER, BLOCK, ITEM.
Shizuri. Rikou.
Its Shiage.
LMAO at Shiage sending them a bunny girl.
October 9th.
The bus chair Shiage is sitting on while driving looks real as fock.
Kakine Teitoku. He's a level 5. Ranked 2nd.
Its the cute girl.
lol She's chasing Shiage.
LMAO at making faces at her.
LMAO He jumped.
lol at Accelerator jumping out into another dudes car and pointing the gun at him.
Dat ending.

LMAO at how everyone was on Shiage and the cute girl too which Shiage had to say why is eveyone on me today. So Accelerator and Tsuchimikado are back in AC while Touma is in France.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Dec 24, 2020 11:17 AM

Jan 2017
When I first watched the BR arc, I was like "wtf is going on pacing goes nyoom", but now I'm like "wtf is going on why are they rushing this arc so much"

while ITEM was already introduced in Railgun S, there was barely any intro for MEMBER/BLOCK/SCHOOL bruh
Feb 21, 2021 6:55 AM

May 2017
That pink dress girl is realy hot , probably my top 3 girl from to aru series with saten and itsuwa 🤤

Theres only 1 thing i dont get , theres railgun characters , but no saten...even uiharu seems to use kuroko instead of saten , its almost like shes not born or something 🤔
LadyLeeMingFeb 21, 2021 7:00 AM
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Jun 25, 2021 5:15 AM

Aug 2018
Hm, that grandma is alive?.. Or she's replaced fake?.. Well, who knows..
Ok, so some SCHOOL group wants to do something.. What exactly are their goals?.. What for was distraction?.. What was the "cargo"?.. I don't know..
Ok, so cargo is some machine, that absorbs something.. And this will help to get to Aleister.. So Aleister is their goal?.. Ok, I guess?.. Only a bit strange that Aleister didn't have some "fans" like that after him earlier.. But ok, I guess.. I am interested in Aleister, really..
Sep 20, 2022 7:12 PM

Feb 2022
nothing special, just a good episode

Oct 13, 2022 12:50 AM
Jan 2021
Glad to Finally see dark matter up close
Nov 13, 2022 6:09 PM

Dec 2020
I thought the governing board grandma was dead. And on that note when did Shade's go to method was just pulling out a gun and shooting everything lol

Ok but honestly wtf is happening. Things aren't explained and moving so fast. Things are happening and idk why
Dec 16, 2022 8:42 AM

Aug 2019
woo a last order scene and accelerator being cool
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 2, 2023 4:13 AM

May 2020
It's good to see Accelerator and him doing things with the GROUP, but holy hell what they did with Mugino and her team???? The character models look fucking atrocious, and that Mugino beam.. Railgun S came out 5 years ago than this season and it still had a LOT better animation and art than this.

Episode had me lost to the point that I didn't even care about them introducing yet another level 5.. the second ranked. But yeah that's not something new with this series.
Jun 9, 2023 7:17 AM

Nov 2010
Is this a prologue episode about Accelerator? The events here seem to be unrelated to the first three episodes. Also, Oyafune Monaka is still alive. She already died in the previous episode.
Nov 28, 2023 1:51 PM
Nov 2023
This episode kind of felt meh to me
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

AcceleratorAngel - Oct 5, 2018

195 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 11, 1:29 PM

» Can you imagine if the Final arc was a 3 part movie Adaptation like the Kizu movies?

BerriesSan - Mar 22

10 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 13, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

354 by bakakisima »»
Dec 11, 2023 7:07 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2019

117 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2019

74 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 6:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.