Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 15, 2018 3:54 PM

Apr 2011
What the hell with this constantly moving camera? It never stops god damn it. Frames are coming one after another in awfull speed. It feels like I'm watching a slide show with camera gliding over the different sides. Since the first cour of third season animation quality dropped considerably, and now it is almost unbearable. Even if you don't have a big budget to create a fluid animation, you can still make it look more decent than this. Terrible directing, I should say.
Apr 15, 2018 4:03 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i want Erina on my menu...

with a side of Ikumi, Alice and Ryoko...
Apr 15, 2018 4:27 PM
Nov 2017
The 2nd cour is alreasy off to a better start than the 1st cour but am I the only one that doesn’t like how almost every scene is moving . Even when it doesn’t have to move the camera is always moving and it’s kinda distracting. I don’t think this was a problem until the 3rd season unless I just never noticed . Great episode tho .
Apr 15, 2018 4:55 PM

Apr 2016
nice cozy scene at the end with Soma and Erina, its nice to see how much Erina has changed throughout the series
this is shaping out to be an interesting arc, I'm excited!
Apr 15, 2018 5:17 PM

Dec 2016
Wow that was a big change of Erina's appearance o_o She's not going to take it easy, is she? XD Very strict teacher, but I'm sure every free lesson will be well compensated later on. Nice episode ^^ ... Izami is not going to rest when there are still rebels nearby huh... >>;

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Apr 15, 2018 5:33 PM

Sep 2015
What a nice episode! That ship is fucking flying now!
Apr 15, 2018 5:58 PM
Jan 2018
I give it a perfect 5/7

Almost as good as the Dark Knight
Apr 15, 2018 6:14 PM

Oct 2012
Wow... great episode. I like the teamwork and Erina's character is getting better and better. And the realization of her feelings towards Souma was also very well done.

The first obstacle was pretty easy and introductory but that's to be expected. I wonder if they lose someone, probably yes. And shokugeki to bring them back probably.
Well, if everything has such great pace and direction as this episode, this has the potential to be the best season out there.
Apr 15, 2018 6:39 PM

Dec 2013
Souma, Kurokiba and Alice. Imo its the best team ever.
Apr 15, 2018 9:15 PM
Jan 2015
Erina became my favorite character around this time in the manga and the anime didn't disappoint on bringing it to life, especially with that ending with Souma. I started shipping them so hard after that part as well.
My Queens

Apr 15, 2018 9:45 PM

Jan 2015
Whoa, (Ero) Erina-sensei is holding a seminar for Polar Star residents. And it seems Erina is totally losing her "Tsun" element at that seminar but getting it back at Hokkaido. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 15, 2018 10:13 PM

Oct 2017
Pacing was a bit too fast there. Felt like they were trying to cram in everything so they can show that last scene at the end. But still a good episode nonetheless.

Erina-sensei is here to teach the Rebels so they can fight against Azami and the Central in the upcoming exam. Character development for Erina is welcomed. She's definitely turning out to be her own identity and not what Azami envisioned her to be. And Alice and Ryo is back! Good to see the pouty and badass in action again.

Ship is sailing there in the last scene. ^.^
My Anime List < Have a good day! > My Manga List
Apr 15, 2018 10:22 PM
Jun 2017
BEAUTIFUL EPISODE!!! the rebels have their fight against the central by having the first round of advancement exam... good thing they have all passed that round (amidst the choice of ingredients being given to them)...

* ERINA as a teacher is HOT!!! its nice that she really did helping those who are against the central..

* SWEET - the last part of the scene where Erina and Soma have some moment alone in the train. when they both see the stars from the sky while at train, erina realizes something, and its a sweet and cute one... hahaha (but im still for megumi x soma)... hahahaa
Apr 15, 2018 10:52 PM

Aug 2013
awww yeeee time for best arc. that first day feels like a teaser cuz whtas next is kinda the best arc imo. still the anime does great at keeping me in
Apr 15, 2018 11:50 PM

Jul 2014
It's just me or this was a little fast. I mean, things happened, they talked, they talked fast, they didn't stop talking, scenario change, things happened, they talked, they talked fast, they didn't stop talking, scenario change again, things happened, they kept talking fast and even the camera didn't stop moving, it was like watching the video at 2x. So I couldn't enjoy the last scene as I should have but at least I enjoyed Erina sensei.

SkyLETVApr 16, 2018 12:25 AM
Apr 16, 2018 12:47 AM

Jan 2017
That was some great fan service of Erina in a teacher get up -a seemingly "S type" at that as well.

LOL XDXD 😂😂
As always, this anime knows how to deliver and this arc also looks to be interesting
However the animation seems to have dropped
tidoesstuffApr 16, 2018 12:55 AM
Apr 16, 2018 2:43 AM
Sep 2014
Tbh i was expecting Kurokiba to say "shut up old hag" or something like that to the examiner. Great episode.
Apr 16, 2018 5:04 AM
Nov 2016
Is it just me or has the animation quality improved?

I like the way they devoted less time to explaining how the food was. It was a good episode.
Apr 16, 2018 5:31 AM

Feb 2014
Erina wearing that teacher's outfit..........holy moly does she look so fucking HAWT! =D

I haven't forgotten Hisako either. She looked fabulous in her teacher's outfit as well. =3

Either way, I was really happy at how J.C. Staff handled this episode. The pace was quick, but it needs to be for this arc and the first stage went by without much of a hassle and the batty old women got put in her place easily.

The train scene with Soma and Erina was also nicely done too, especially when the starry sky came into view. It looked pretty. =)
Apr 16, 2018 7:29 AM

Jul 2016
Erina is back to normal, now. That teacher uniform fit her strict personality so well. She sure is ruthless, while wearing it. They better bring it back.

Central isn't going to stop Yukihara, Erina, and the other rebels. They're finding better ingredients then the ones central provides and making better dishes. Well, it's easy to tell how much of an idiot Azami is, so I guess it's not that surprising. He's basically just making people his personal drones.

Erina is starting to fall for Yukihara. Everyone cares for and appreciates her help.

Apr 16, 2018 11:06 AM
Jan 2016
Oira_yukihira said:
Lovable episode!
easy test for rebels
animation is better than before, SABERina incoming
aaaaandd.....yeah ........SS.Sorina set saaail!
for anime-only watcher, you will enjoy this cour so much, trust me!

rating 9/10

that's right. This cour is much better than before (but still cour 1 is very good). This cour is more good than i expected because i read the manga too
Apr 16, 2018 11:08 AM

Jan 2008
Compared to the previous season, the visuals look more consistent but the animation and animation direction isn't really any better. Almost every single shot used a sliding camera to invoke the sense of 'animation' when all it really was is just the camera moving with the only actual animation was characters lips moving. Some exceptions were if the background was the object being slid or it was a flash back from a past season. Actual movement animation was very minimal. The entire episode almost felt like a slide show.
Apr 16, 2018 11:34 AM

Dec 2014
the way central uses the examination is like in real world where you just follow recipes given by them. Without making your own dish or innovate these ingredients
Apr 16, 2018 12:26 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Erina-sensei, please step on me.

Erina has really come into her own after being with the gang. Her character has basically taken a 180, and I'm really liking that.

Looks like Central has rigged everything from the start, and it's going to be an uphill battle the entire time.

I love trains, so I'm excited to see what's in store next.
Apr 16, 2018 12:41 PM

Dec 2014
Central are really giving their all and trig to kick out rebels... but I don't want to be a dick when I say this...but instructors can lie about food.. They can lie how bad it was and can expel them, I like it how even after their tricks and whatnot, they are very genuine when they taste food.. If they are going so low as to provide them with faulty ingredients
Apr 16, 2018 2:06 PM

Jan 2016
When ruining ingredients is not enough for the rebels to be expelled... lol

But I guess that was a generous start because according to Erina, things will get problematic now :P

I like that pic of Erina as a knight btw xD
THANKS SENPIEX
Apr 16, 2018 2:46 PM
Mar 2016
Let's all become 2nd years????!!!!!!Weren't they already in 2nd year or were they still stuck as 1st years up to this time??????

Ok so Erina has sport that sexy teacher look, so what if I can see her panty?
Apr 16, 2018 5:38 PM

Jul 2012
I thought the endcard was just that last week, but we actually got Erina-sensei ;D

That last scene was really nice. Her eyes here were so pretty :O

I'm looking forward to more of them together :)
Apr 16, 2018 6:57 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Good episode. The pace seems to be hitting a good stride finally and the execution of the first stage was nicely done. I hope we'll get to see more small character involvement from here on out.

The Souma and Erina stuff was cute. Granted I'm not a shipper in this series. Good to see their relationship shine.

-SP- said:
Whoa is Nakiri Saber?

She's Joan of Arc because she's leading the rebellion.
Apr 16, 2018 8:21 PM

Jan 2013
Erina being a teacher, interesting xD
She changed a lot in this season, and i like it.

So let me see if a get it right
A lot of diverse and very hard cooking challenges + travel by train from one location to another + travel in mountainous regions fully covered in snow.
Is this the best season ever????

I can't wait for more challenges, already loving this season.
The episode should have been called Erina d'Arc xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 16, 2018 8:27 PM

May 2015
Yukihira you sly bastard! ^_^
Apr 16, 2018 11:00 PM
Mar 2014
I just remembered why I like this show/manga so much
Apr 16, 2018 11:59 PM

May 2013
some of the art wasnt that great, overall a good ep
Apr 17, 2018 12:09 AM

Apr 2016
Is it just me or does it feel like this episode is playing at 1.25x speed?
Apr 17, 2018 12:10 AM

Apr 2013
oshiete yo erina sensei :3
Apr 17, 2018 2:34 AM
Jun 2016
MonkeyDJasper said:
The 2nd cour is alreasy off to a better start than the 1st cour but am I the only one that doesn’t like how almost every scene is moving . Even when it doesn’t have to move the camera is always moving and it’s kinda distracting. I don’t think this was a problem until the 3rd season unless I just never noticed . Great episode tho .

I know. It's really annoying and frustrating to watch. This has actually been going on since the 2nd season. It's just now getting on everyone's nerves.
Apr 17, 2018 6:38 AM

Oct 2008
Discrimination classes surely felt here!
But this is nothing for Souma & Erina and all Polar Star Dorm members!
5/5.

Apr 17, 2018 7:03 AM

Jul 2015
Nakiri putting everything shes got into teaching the group. And the group passes their first stage with what they made look like little trouble as expected. Twas good, and now we know more about what kind of cheap tactics Central will be using throughout these tests.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 17, 2018 7:22 AM
Mar 2018
كانت حلقة جميلة خاصة ايرينا الجميلة✨
Apr 17, 2018 10:25 AM
Apr 2018
The SoumaxErina is set to sail y'all...great episode. Kurokiba and Souma would never lose, but I want to see episode 2.5 where they go and barter with the salesperson for the salmon.

(Erina is the sexy teacher outfit though)
Apr 17, 2018 2:43 PM

Oct 2017
Great episode! Loved Erina’s teaching seminar XD. Plus, she looks good in that outfit. Also loved soma working alongside Alice and Ryo.

Apr 17, 2018 6:45 PM

Dec 2013
Erina has been so great this season!

The night sky really did look beautiful.

Teacher Erina is clearly best Erina.
Apr 17, 2018 7:58 PM

Nov 2011
TOO FAST
THE TRAIN IS GONNA CRASH
Baby, daijobanai...
Apr 17, 2018 8:00 PM

Nov 2017
Once again...ERINA SENSEIIII
Apr 17, 2018 10:22 PM

Aug 2016
Welp that stargazing scene will be a flashback when Soma X Erina happens.

Probably the final nail in the coffin for Megumi. I'm starting to become okay with this as Erina is slowly growing on me.
Apr 18, 2018 1:51 AM

Dec 2015
Pacing... I had to check that I had the speed of the salmon stage at 1.

Pretty happy with how the new arc is going, really feels like season 1 again :-)
~
Apr 18, 2018 5:55 AM

Mar 2009
Sexy Erina sensei wew lad.
Apr 18, 2018 6:42 AM

Feb 2014
Holy shit, that teacher outfit and those glasses. I like how even the girls were blushing after seeing her in that. And glad the inevitable Souma x Erina ship has finally started to sail.

syts said:
What the hell with this constantly moving camera? It never stops god damn it. Frames are coming one after another in awfull speed. It feels like I'm watching a slide show with camera gliding over the different sides. Since the first cour of third season animation quality dropped considerably, and now it is almost unbearable. Even if you don't have a big budget to create a fluid animation, you can still make it look more decent than this. Terrible directing, I should say.

Well, this show never had much of cinematography to begin with. It has always been one of those sickeningly faithful adaptations that look more like "animated mangas", than a proper animated TV show. Most of the episodes are just frozen shots of characters flapping their mouths, while the camera pans from side to side or vertically. I usually can't stand this kind of directing style, but I put up with it because the show is pretty entertaining.
Apr 18, 2018 12:50 PM
Jan 2018
One thing I really appreciated about this episode was that they went through the week preparation they had in less than 7 minutes, instead of taking the all too often approach of 14 episodes for something like Naruto or Black Clover. Not only that they gave us a good idear about what happened so we weren't left too in the dark.
Apr 18, 2018 3:31 PM

Sep 2014
Erina sensei is love.
Ship sailing strong hehe.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 12 Discussion

nickehhhhhh - Aug 8, 2018

45 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 23, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 11 Discussion

21 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 23, 9:20 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 10 Discussion

tidoesstuff - Aug 9, 2018

28 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 23, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 9 Discussion

22 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 23, 7:42 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2018

57 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 23, 7:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.