Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 25, 2018 7:19 AM

Feb 2008
Not losing is inherently more difficult than merely winning.

Wen-Li Yang is an interesting character, his insight is definitely commendable. As was his plan, for that matter. The clash of two strategical powerhouses, Yang and von Lohengramm, was an enjoyable watch.
Apr 30, 2018 7:56 AM

Mar 2017
I like how they flashed back to show the FPA side. Also love Yang's voice actor, I could almost be convinced that it was the original if it wasn't for the fact that sadly the original VA is dead. This looks like it's made with care, hopefully they are able to pull off something meaningful as far as plot even with the "24" episode constraint.
May 6, 2018 9:05 PM

Jan 2011
Yang Wenli, its been so long since i saw your awesomeness, i think the voice actor is doing a good job
May 22, 2018 11:32 PM
Apr 2008
I'm pleasantly surprised about how similar the new voice actor has imitated the original Yang Wenli voice actor. It's a strange mix of Shinn Asuka and Yang Wenli.

Also very disappointed Attenborough is replaced by Lao :(, though supposedly it is more faithful to the LNs, so I have to bear with it.

Also displeased with the character designs. They look terrible and not aesthetically pleasing or memorable unlike the OVA series.
Aug 9, 2018 8:37 PM

May 2012
They keep the original concept of switching sides each episode/part of episodes, that's pretty lovely! This first battle sure was quite epic and the CGI is really well done for it to be not bothersome!

Looking forwards to see what's next.
Sep 7, 2019 12:10 AM

Jul 2016
It's shallow compared to the OVA. It's unironically boring to be honest. I don't mind the designs still, though I much prefer the audiovisuals of the old series much more than this one. Admiral's death was skimmed through, so I don't know how to feel about that. His death was more visceral in the old series. It is fine so far, wouldn't call it bad.
Oct 25, 2019 12:16 AM

Oct 2012
Well, this episode answered most of my questions from the first episode. Namely, that instead of it being a duel of two geniuses, it's just a duel of two people of average intelligence, in the backdrop of abject idiots. Which is what I already knew. I'd imagine that when they present this gimmick of showing career military commanders as lacking all common sense and emotive reactionaries, it would seem like being able to do basic back of the envelope calculations of the speed of a ship makes our commodore Wenli a genius -- as long as we ignore the fact that every decent LoL player or undergraduate engineer would also be geniuses. But hey, let's not worry about that! Besides that, this episode exposed a very important point.

We have to acknowledge that the open communication channel is not jammed, while the data link is. And that the prior commander could have easily then asked for help over the open channel.

And we have to accept that Wenli came up with the perfect plan prior, despite him admitting later that the enemy caught up "faster than expected". So somehow he was able to predict everything, except what he could not. Hmm.

And he somehow communicated the retreat order at the end while being jammed, or that his plan preempted the exact timeliness of the retreat, such that every ship retreated in the same general direction at the same time.

Maybe I'm being too critical. But if I turn my mind off, then this would hardly be worthy of the reputation of the "greatest" anime.
katsucatsOct 25, 2019 12:31 AM
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Nov 13, 2019 1:49 AM

Aug 2018
This episode was good I like both characters they smart and like how they strategy
Aug 23, 2020 9:35 AM

Dec 2018
Very few remarks can be made about this show which have not been said already. I enjoy the stylistic animation quality and atmosphere though.

I expect this series will be remembered as one of the top military/war anime to date.

Sep 30, 2020 3:51 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
MAGNIFICIENT, I think the new version captured the heart and soul spectacularly, and it only been 2 episodes !!!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Dec 28, 2020 6:47 AM

Jan 2009
awesome the 3DCG battles is great

and im liking Yang so far he is more down to earth than that elitist Reinhard

#YangGang2020
Nov 11, 2021 10:26 AM

Aug 2017
Yang is an interesting character and I'm glad he and Reinhard respect each other.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 24, 2021 11:14 AM
Nov 2020
another great episode!!
Feb 3, 2022 1:49 AM
Oct 2018
I love the dynamic between the two commanders of each fleet. I'm really enjoying the different characters so far and emphasis on them. Each episode has really felt driven by the characters.
As someone stated earlier the politics and combat combined make for an enjoyable and interesting story. Series that are epic in scale with lots of moving parts, multiple people with backstories and personal motivations and how they all interact is what makes it so entertaining.
Jun 29, 2023 11:03 PM

Aug 2019
Yang is a fantastic commander. He predicted everything Reinhard would do and was able to use Reinhard's strategy against him.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 10 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

13 by ItachiDeltaForce »»
Jul 11, 2:00 PM

» Should I watch the old/original series?

monad04 - May 12, 2018

23 by Brightless »»
Dec 16, 2023 11:15 AM

» Legend of the Galactic Heroes Die Neue These is the 3rd best profit maker for IG Port for 2023

deg - Jul 15, 2023

15 by TRC_Randy »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 11 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

14 by Robbini »»
Oct 1, 2023 4:00 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 12 Discussion

Mayuka - Aug 8, 2018

33 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 30, 2023 11:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.