Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Mar 11, 2018 1:53 AM

Jan 2012
While I like the content of this episode, the further development of Goro's and Ichigo's relationship, and the direction it takes is understandable, I dislike how another meaningless fight is forced into the scenario because the way the characters act in the first confrontation as well as the resolution to rescue Goro is so unrealistically simple and stupid. And let's not even talk about the underwhelming short fight itself. I think the episode would have benefit of a different scenario that fits the emotional content better.
Mar 11, 2018 1:54 AM

Jan 2013
Ichigo just partner zoned him, smh.
Mar 11, 2018 1:56 AM

Jun 2008
I feel REALLY BAD for Goro...

For people that don't know what's going on this episode is your typical "Fake out" episode where you absolutely think that a character is going to die, but instead he makes it out OK and everything seems good at the end.

HOWEVER...Said character usually ends up dying eventually once the audience has a false sense of security since he already survived.

The death flag for Goro couldn't be much higher than it is right now.

And the worst part is that his love is clearly one-sided....Ichigo loves Hiro, there is no doubt.

More than likely he survived to make the love Triangle (square) a bigger focus.

@People_who_dislike_the_drama

I think it's obvious by now that this show wants to focus heavily on the characters relationships and less on the plot...sorry, but that's how these things are.

Waifu wars are very serious business.

Mar 11, 2018 3:25 AM

Feb 2017
Partner zoned, FeelsBadMan
evonieeMar 11, 2018 3:28 AM

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Mar 11, 2018 3:31 AM

Feb 2018
Could not this episode increase the probability that the red monster in the first episode will be 002 in the past, and not in the future?
She has the same bracelet on her leg that Hiro had on his neck when he was younger.
Mar 11, 2018 4:17 AM
Jan 2017
I enjoyed the little bit of backstory and character development on Gorro. It felt a little bit like a certain episode of NGE.
Mar 11, 2018 4:50 AM
Mar 2018
Tomlora said:
Could not this episode increase the probability that the red monster in the first episode will be 002 in the past, and not in the future?
She has the same bracelet on her leg that Hiro had on his neck when he was younger.

zero two knows hiro already from earlier I think. She said yes at the beginning of the series that she found her darling - I guess the elite knows him from earlier and hiro has just forgotten everything or his memory was deleted. I think you will get to know a lot of what happened to * Wonder kid* Hiro and how he met on Zero Two. vllt there are also hints for a possible 001? :)
Mar 11, 2018 5:11 AM

Jul 2016
So does Ichigo love Goro or Hiro now? It looks like she's jumping to Goro suddenly.

Goro stuck in the klaxosaur was like Shinji stuck inside Leliel. Yet another Evangelion spoof.
Mar 11, 2018 5:22 AM

Jun 2017
DarkAudit said:
No one's mentioning the desperate act of self-preservation by Zorome? He wanted no part of that argument.

Yeah, that was hilarious. Miku is that typical sweet girl who can absolutely lose her shit instantly lol, no wonder Zorome is being careful XD. If they ever smash Zorome will be destroyed in bed.
Mar 11, 2018 5:47 AM
Jan 2018
Goro was already my favorite male character from the series and after this episode I like him even more!
I loved how honest and resolute he was and his confession to Ichigo, I hope she can respond to his love at some point.
All that focus on Hiro and 02 was getting boring already, so I am glad they took out the focus from them for at least one episode.

I like Goro, I like Ichigo, I like romance, I like sol and I have no problem at all with the way this show is going on, 4/5 episode and I hope to see more character/relationships progression episodes like this.

I have to agree the fight felt forced, unnecessary or out of place and the episode could have a better background, that's why I don't think it deserves a 5/5, but still good.
bhfcs000Mar 11, 2018 8:26 AM
Mar 11, 2018 5:56 AM

Oct 2013
First disappointing episode yet.

It's just yet another generic love triangle, and a rip-off of EVA's Shinji trapped inside the angel episode.
Mar 11, 2018 6:36 AM

Feb 2014
This is really shaping up to becoming a love triangle between Goro, Hiro and Ichigo, but since Zero Two is all over Hiro right now, the I guess it could become a love square or rectangle.

Either way, the episode did show how Goro developed feelings for Ichigo back when they were kids after she helped him beat up some bullies. It was also refreshing to see Goro confess his feelings to Ichigo after they defeated the Klaxosaur, which made me happy. Although he doesn't expect an answer soon, I'm still happy that he confessed without any hesitation whatsoever, so good on him. =)

If there's one thing I do want to see at some point is the background story on the Klaxosaurs and how they'd become what they are now. Along with the continuing progress of the parasite's relationships, I think that would make more upcoming episodes even more enjoyable.
Mar 11, 2018 7:16 AM

Mar 2014
Each episode makes me like Ichigo even more! She's totally gf material <3

I found Goro's retrieval too plot armor-ish. But the episode itself was still very enjoyable. I wonder what angle the show will try out in the future, I mean will Ichigo still remain in love with Hiro or will she start liking Goro after his confession?

TFW Goro gets more character development than Hiro
Mar 11, 2018 7:19 AM

Sep 2015
Is Zero Two literally autistic? This isn’t an insult it’s a legitimate question. If she was on the autism spectrum it could Bebop pretty interesting.
Mar 11, 2018 9:19 AM

Jul 2017
So far the series is still a 2/10 for me. Started off great but its turning into another Kiznaiver now. There's still some potential though, so hopefully it stops being garbage soon.
Mar 11, 2018 9:38 AM
Jul 2018
Welp, there is only one possible reason to why they are throwing at us so many filler episodes focused on the team relationships: they want us to learn about the characters before they get all killed later on.
Mar 11, 2018 10:14 AM

Jun 2015
I still ship Ichigo X Hiro.
Goro is a nice guy though.

Mar 11, 2018 10:33 AM

Oct 2012
This show is so disappointing, lol.
Mar 11, 2018 10:39 AM
Jan 2018
Meta_Yoshi said:
This is really shaping up to becoming a love triangle between Goro, Hiro and Ichigo, but since Zero Two is all over Hiro right now, the I guess it could become a love square or rectangle.

Either way, the episode did show how Goro developed feelings for Ichigo back when they were kids after she helped him beat up some bullies. It was also refreshing to see Goro confess his feelings to Ichigo after they defeated the Klaxosaur, which made me happy. Although he doesn't expect an answer soon, I'm still happy that he confessed without any hesitation whatsoever, so good on him. =)

If there's one thing I do want to see at some point is the background story on the Klaxosaurs and how they'd become what they are now. Along with the continuing progress of the parasite's relationships, I think that would make more upcoming episodes even more enjoyable.

Hiro is only 02, ichigo is out, hiro see ichigo like a sister...
If 02 broke the mirror because discover the kiss with ichigo?
Mar 11, 2018 11:22 AM

Feb 2018
002 knows already...
If she broke her mirror for this reason, it will be a waste of time...
Mar 11, 2018 11:43 AM
Jan 2018
BlossomBurst said:
Is Zero Two literally autistic? This isn’t an insult it’s a legitimate question. If she was on the autism spectrum it could Bebop pretty interesting.

Are you actually serious?
Mar 11, 2018 11:54 AM
Jan 2018
SilverCrono said:
This show is so disappointing, lol.

I can't argue that the story progression has been slow for the past couple of episodes. But we still have 3-4 episodes until the 2nd half starts.
Personally, I'm really hoping that this whole love-polygon arc will somehow fit in with the story later, thus proving that it hasn't been a load of filler.
Mar 11, 2018 1:19 PM

Sep 2014
Really hope they rebel against adults eventually.
This is just painful to watch.
Mar 11, 2018 1:33 PM

May 2017
expecting something like kill la kill....but turning more like sword art online
Mar 11, 2018 1:50 PM

Jan 2018
Thank God this love triangle crap is done with, at least I hope so.
Mar 11, 2018 1:53 PM
Nov 2015
MaxxV said:
expecting something like kill la kill....but turning more like sword art online

If this was SAO then Hiro would have every girl following him around like puppies. Plus none of the characters would be developed in any way.

I'm not sure how you could even compare the two.
Mar 11, 2018 2:03 PM

Aug 2015
Goro is totally an absolute bro. Such a self-sacrificing guy.
Mar 11, 2018 3:32 PM

Sep 2017
I think that both of them are kinda sweet together.
I really enjoyed the story right there. I liked it

Mar 11, 2018 5:13 PM

Sep 2015
Goro made me like him a lot more this episode however I hope Itchigo does not fall for him and is just salty over Hiro and 02. IT's more entertaining that way lol. Still a good episode they built the drama well although they should kill someone off soon.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Mar 11, 2018 6:47 PM

Jan 2017
I was kinda hoping for a death today, but I guess this isn't the sort of show where they killmoff characters. In general, the episodes become slightly repetitious and feels like they're just get sortied to fight the evergrowing klaxosaurs -honestly they just get bigger; it now seems more like a game.

This was the highlight for me though,! You know she gonn' start droppin' those statistics... He's is wise to run away
Mar 11, 2018 7:03 PM
Feb 2018
They forgot to use GN-Drive.
Mar 11, 2018 7:16 PM
Sep 2016
The next episode may be about another couple, or maybe even the two, since there is something to happen between Mitsuru and Kokoro. And then we will have a climax in episode 12 with deaths. It makes sense this type of episodes (7, 8 and 9) are made, so that the viewer creates some bond with the characters. In this case some characters are not interesting, but this is necessary so that the deaths impact the audience

Mar 11, 2018 7:28 PM
Sep 2014
JasonNC said:
The next episode may be about another couple, or maybe even the two, since there is something to happen between Mitsuru and Kokoro. And then we will have a climax in episode 12 with deaths. It makes sense this type of episodes (7, 8 and 9) are made, so that the viewer creates some bond with the characters. In this case some characters are not interesting, but this is necessary so that the deaths impact the audience

Where Did you hear that? and do you think that Trigger will kill off characters?
Mar 11, 2018 7:40 PM

Nov 2011
Goro and ichigo ftw. I liked that quick smile she had when she was rescuing Goro.

0-2 getting a present from Hiro was cute. "it made me very happy." DAWWWW
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 11, 2018 7:45 PM

Nov 2011
--ALEX-- said:
I feel REALLY BAD for Goro...

For people that don't know what's going on this episode is your typical "Fake out" episode where you absolutely think that a character is going to die, but instead he makes it out OK and everything seems good at the end.

HOWEVER...Said character usually ends up dying eventually once the audience has a false sense of security since he already survived.

The death flag for Goro couldn't be much higher than it is right now.

And the worst part is that his love is clearly one-sided....Ichigo loves Hiro, there is no doubt.

More than likely he survived to make the love Triangle (square) a bigger focus.

@People_who_dislike_the_drama

I think it's obvious by now that this show wants to focus heavily on the characters relationships and less on the plot...sorry, but that's how these things are.

Waifu wars are very serious business.

Ill agree the death flag is still there.

However I do not think the love is one-sided. I mean yeah her feelings towards Hiro are above her feelings towards Goro, but I think her feelings for Goro are pretty solid as well. Given that she would go into a Kalauxosaur with little knowledge about how dangerous the insides of it are.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 11, 2018 9:15 PM
Jun 2017
nice episode for Ichigo and Goro. i just love this pair (aside from Hiro and Zero 2). i just love the attitude of how Goro is handling his feeling for Ichigo. I know many guys right there are related to what Goro has done.

* but atleast at the end he has able to tell his feelings to Ichigo which is nice, atleast he wont have any regrets at all...
Mar 12, 2018 12:46 AM

Sep 2016
Arcaedes said:
Fappa said:

You should know by now that the PVs are never a good indicator on what the main premise of the Episode will be. We have played this game for 9 weeks now.

This one got me, along with the title. I was expecting something bad for either Ichigo or Goro (more so Goro) but we did at least have focus on them as shown in the preview, and tbh that's a good thing. I like the Zero/Hiro dynamic, but if the focus was always on them it wouldn't be as enjoyable due to oversaturation. Over the past few episodes Ichigo's had almost equal protagonist levels of focus and adding Goro drama makes it more than just a triangle with her on the lesser side. It feels like we have three protags now, rather than two plus generic childhood friend. I hope they continue to develop the whole of the squad 13 group, the set up work has been done for all of them, so no reason for it not to happen.

Another good development overall, for those who prefer characters and drama along with their action
samee tell em b goro my fav male char so far hiro hasnt been cutting it always gotta love more development between chars in the end it really pays off
Facta Non Verba
Mar 12, 2018 1:17 AM
Jul 2015
Ichigo will live happily ever after with Goro. Goro is such a nice guy.

This is why I like non-harem shows with a gender-balanced cast, as we can see many other good and cool guys among MC's group of comrades where those guys will get their own girls.

One-on-One Romance, Multiple Hetero Couples, and Monogamy is a million times more superior than harems or polygamy anyways, where one lame guy monopolizes the attention and affection of many females.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Mar 12, 2018 1:56 AM

Jan 2013
Not what I was expecting but I will wait until the show is over to make a final judgement.

I'm liking it so far but the fight was pretty lame. And we don't expect lame fights from the staff responsible for this show right?
Mar 12, 2018 2:42 AM

Feb 2016
Sometimes I don't get Zero Two, she was saying something like 'we will, along with the plant, go boom', then she said 'exhaust hole'. So, Goro was saved. I am still on waiting if she will drag the team towards their death journey or helps them to survive.
Mar 12, 2018 5:24 AM

Mar 2012
I liked Goro from the start, even more now.

Also, MAL seemed to have gone haywire on my end? The spaces between words are gone.
Mar 12, 2018 6:59 AM

May 2009
WordIsBond said:
Kittens-kun said:

The dropped option exists for a reason.

Some people don't seem to understand that. Just look at the review on this show's page giving it a 1/10 saying the plot never progresses... through 6 whole episodes. 135 people actually found that helpful.

Reviews on mal are only used to vent hate for series, if show is popular even shitty review will be liked a lot by a bunch of dissapointed haters. Worst think is that review system is shit - no downvotes not comments system so proper discussion about the text is impossible.
Mar 12, 2018 7:43 AM

Aug 2014
I think they kinda forced the goroXichigo ship in this episode, I guess only time will tell how it will end.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 12, 2018 8:10 AM

Dec 2016
araneathedragoon said:
Sometimes I don't get Zero Two, she was saying something like 'we will, along with the plant, go boom', then she said 'exhaust hole'. So, Goro was saved. I am still on waiting if she will drag the team towards their death journey or helps them to survive.

This is why she needs more development. It seems like she is having issues warming up to the group, but we get so little info on what she might be feeling at any given moment, it's really hard to tell exactly what is going on.
Mar 12, 2018 9:26 AM

Jul 2016
Goro best gir~ err boy. Another relationship buildup episode, Ichigo damn girl get a clue Goro likes you. Would like to see more of their world and the klauxaur origins on the next episodes.
Mar 12, 2018 10:33 AM

Aug 2008
So she swam for so long in some unknown, probably flammable liquid with her skin and eyes exposed just holding her breath... Bullshit. Also, man was this episode bland. Are there no decent anime writers any more that can make series neither rushed nor dragged?
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 12, 2018 11:49 AM

Jul 2017
WordIsBond said:
Kittens-kun said:

The dropped option exists for a reason.

Some people don't seem to understand that. Just look at the review on this show's page giving it a 1/10 saying the plot never progresses... through 6 whole episodes. 135 people actually found that helpful.

So because I don't like a certain aspect of a show I should just drop it completely after watching 9 episodes of it? Some people may do that but unless something is horrifyingly bad, I don't drop a show that I've watched almost halfway already. What I don't understand is why people get so butthurt over simple opinions on this site. If you like the show then more power to you, I still think the show is turning out to be complete trash but still has potential which is why I'm still watching it.
Mar 12, 2018 12:53 PM

Nov 2017
I know some people are complaining about the "drama" or the focus on the romance.
But I think its being delivered quite nicely.

The way we can see these characters grow from not understanding their feelings to exploring their depths is really interesting and because they don't have any stigma against it, they are just ignorant on the subject atm, we aren't getting highly dramatic breakdowns of ichigo as a character or goro whining about his feelings for 15 episodes.

We have characters who actually talk to eachother(especially Goro, he is best boy easy peasy, he's my bro for life) They actually are asking questions and trying to figure out their emotions. Yet they are still decent kids through the experience.

Goro might like ichigo but he also like Hiro so rather then resentment, we get him sharing with and supporting Hiro. Ichigo may be jealous of 02 but she still is accepting of her as a person and trys to be a good leader.

IDK this "drama" and relationship/character building stuff is cool here, some people can complain about it just because they don't like drama whatsoever but when it's an interesting story inside the world and portrayed in a fresh manner like this without overexaggeration. Then I, personally, Don't see a problem. I quite enjoy the ride and I'm loving all the characters.

*Plus* let's just enjoy that Explosion animation, whew boy this shows consistency of quality has risen.
Mar 12, 2018 1:18 PM

Sep 2014
A really good episode. Possibly the best one so far. Goro being cool af.
Mar 12, 2018 2:30 PM
Mar 2016
Whoa a Klaxosaur that goes boom has gone boom, Ichigo and Goro nice tandem.

Ya know Ichigo should have kept that air bag mask inflated when she dives in that liquid part of that Klaxosaur, that way she would would have an air pocket to breath in .
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

345 by Modek69 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

1502 by imsevlol »»
Oct 4, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

367 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

647 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

363 by 143eitasasaki »»
Sep 21, 10:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.