Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Feb 17, 2018 5:53 PM
May 2017
Are the NINES (9INES) gonna be obstacles before the heroes face the big bad AKA Papa?
Feb 17, 2018 5:57 PM

Sep 2012
I thought some third impact shit was about to happen when I saw that pair of wings appear after they defeated the big boy dino
Feb 17, 2018 6:02 PM

Nov 2007
ex_necross said:
shanimebib said:

Well, they did mention that he is special specimen. So, that's probably we will all get. And it seems like he was supposed to be with the NINES. So while everyone was thinking 002 will be taken away from the 13th, maybe the target of NINES will be 016. After seeing the final segment again, I am sure 9' α was referring to 016 at the end of the episode.

Well, any hero must be the chosen one. Dino resistance / whatever it turns out to be is likely the story driver there.

Not all heroes are chosen one. Examples are Saitama, Midoriya, Simon and the list would be pretty big if I kept on going. But characters like 016 needs to have the "special" or "half" tag on them to actually work for a plot convenience when they suddenly get themselves out of the gutter. It's a common trope that is used over and over and over again in anime so I really don't think it has anything worth undermining an anime for.

There was some major issues in his character from the first few episodes and they are being pushed aside and/or removed from his character one after the other. That means he is going through character growth which is fine.

016's sudden Not-wanting-to-see-002-alone and recovering, basically awakening Ai no Chikara aside they still haven't explained why these Children have yellow blood cell, why they seemingly cannot remain pilots when they grow up or whether they grow up after a certain age at all. If those were common for all the Children, even the leader of the 26th was surprised that someone like 015 is in this so called "test team" seeing her fighting capability, despite of being such a skilled pilot. Apparently 056 is also very skilled according to the official character description. Even 214, who is apparently a modest bread loving boy, is very prudent according to the official character description. Even in those small conversations, he seems to always pick the most logical answers.

There are a lot remain to be explained. Maybe they are all special and that's why they have unique FRANXX as mentioned by the leader of the 26th in the previous episode. Maybe Dr. Pervert predicted that 002 will find someone within these boys (because they are special) and that's why he brought her on board the 13th. A lot is left unexplained. And I doubt most of them will be covered. Just adding a simple shot of them being created in a laboratory can answer everything without even answering anything so I really don't think it can be held ransom against this anime.

Even some of the best rated anime in MAL have many dubious things left unexplained. For an example, I can start with FMA:Brotherhood. In its own genre Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Code Geass had the same issue. For now, it's all about how it is delivered. Ignoring the first two episodes, it's fun right now. The anime is yet to give me the wow moment. Right now it's way better than Apprivoise! but well short of anything remotely close to GIGA DRILL BREAKER! and everything that followed from that point onward. No matter how many times I saw that part, it still gave me goosebumps!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 17, 2018 6:16 PM

Mar 2010
blazehero said:
At times it feels like she cares and needs Hiro, and at times it feels like she is using him. I wonder how they will develop from here now that she knows she won't kill him.

Hmm. Sounds like "a woman" to me. ^^;;

cupc said:
uninstallthegame said:

i'm sure they'll come up with some "scientifically accurate" explanation to this next episode, maybe from that dr. metaljaw

Gainax/Trigger anime have never been studios to really base their anime on cutting edge real life science, just look at Gunbuster, TTGL, Panty and Stocking, KlK or whatever

Actually, Gunbuster has some FRICKIN AMAZING (for an entertainment property) scientifically/theoretically accurate specials explaining some of the harder to understand concepts like time dilation. XD
So, it's not actually out for them to go the hard sci-fi Actual Explanation route, but it does seem somewhat unlikely given a world with a giant pissed-off Rubik's Cube being the monster of the week.

RobertBobert said:
Blonde Hiro's twin brother? If so, then this makes the story of the appearance of parasites even more confusing.

Easier to explain actually. "Clones" tend to be similar. ;) Still banking on my theory that the kids are all genetically engineered non-humans.

Farabeuf said:
I hope the blond guy at the end doesn't turn into the stock cliché enfuriating archetype 'blonde or white haired snide OP antagonist'. Those irritate me to no end.

You forgot gay. Shaggy white-haired males in anime are usually gay. If not gay in general, then at least for the MC.

BiggRed said:
Wait the robots run on fuel?! I was under the impression they were powered by semen and teenage hormones.

I'm surprised someone else caught this. lol By contrast, "our" team does not appear to have the same type of operating restrictions.

ex_necross said:
Pityfool said:

They have to keep something from the viewers. I wouldn't be so enthusiastic to watch this show every Saturday if there was nothing left unresolved to keep me coming back. That's also what makes the final episode so special: It's the ending - everything is resolved (provided there is no second season, and the plot is half-decent).

You might be a little too optimistic. It could just be for dramatic effect: hero is in trouble ("road of trials"), finds motivation to fight on ("meeting with the goddess"), regains strength ("apotheosis") and overcomes the obstacle ("overcoming the challenge"). Classic Hero's Journey stuff. They might briefly give some half-assed explanation for it, but I wouldn't expect anything meaningful to come of it.

I am personally hoping for a subversion of The Hero's Journey where they try to cram every non-hero/MC role into a single entity (being Zero-Two.) You can already pin a shit-ton on her (hell, even Belly of the Whale, since Hiro is almost literally climbing into her stomach. XD) She is his Goddess, his Witch, his Nemesis, his Everything. Could be an interesting take on both Campbell and the strength/beauty/destructiveness of "true love" if this really is how it turns out. ^^

Zethus_Thorne96 said:
Are the NINES (9INES) gonna be obstacles before the heroes face the big bad AKA Papa?

Honestly, I have this horribly sickening feeling that new whitey kid is going to actually attempt to cuck Hiro for real. ~_~;; He's basically a palette swapped Hiro with some sort of connection to main pair, and from the OP image we can see what appears to be several identical females who look suspiciously similar to Zero-Two.. Seems rather unlikely he's getting screentime to be a lovable friendly infodump character, and someone showing up to take Zero-Two away from Hiro makes sense right about now plot/pacing-wise.. I really, REALLY hope this is wrong because I don't wanna deal with the forums if I'm right. >< lol

..Or he could obey his haircolor and be there to steal Hiro from Zero-Two. <,<;;
Feb 17, 2018 6:20 PM

Apr 2012
@deadman80 Well, if it turns out that they REALLY have common parents, then this will be the loudest incest story in my memory. But if without jokes, I still feel that there is some kind of intrigue with their origins. Especially in view of the obviously unsympathetic image of their government.
Feb 17, 2018 6:25 PM

Jun 2016
Hiro being inexplicably "cured" from Dino Aids almost ruined the episode for me, they better have a good explanation for that in future.
Feb 17, 2018 6:27 PM

Apr 2014
The animation was really cool and Zero Two is really hot. That's the only good thing I can say about the episode. Rest of it was hot garbage especially with the copout when Hiro healed all of a sudden. It doesn't help that Zero Two and Ichigo are the only two characters with any semblance of personalities.

This show also has some serious identity crisis. Sometimes it wants to be like NGE and then at times it copies TTGL which makes it harder to take it seriously.
Z4KFeb 17, 2018 6:33 PM
Feb 17, 2018 6:27 PM
Oct 2016
Maybe in next episode, Hiro will be half klaxosaur and half man. That's will explain why he suddenly get healed..

Btw, great episode.
Feb 17, 2018 6:28 PM

Nov 2007
deadman80 said:
..Or he could obey his haircolor and be there to steal Hiro from Zero-Two. <,<;;

That's how it looks like at this moment. He was definitely happy seeing 016 getting along with everyone.
Coronavirus.
Feb 17, 2018 6:30 PM

Mar 2010
RobertBobert said:
@deadman80 Well, if it turns out that they REALLY have common parents, then this will be the loudest incest story in my memory. But if without jokes, I still feel that there is some kind of intrigue with their origins. Especially in view of the obviously unsympathetic image of their government.

Always thought that "unknowing incest" was rather popular for Japanese melodrama.. Always seems to pop up when anime girls are watching their soap operas. XD I can come up with at least 5 incest-related anime series in recent memory off the top of my head, so it's not uncommon at all in anime.

I put quotes around "clones" because I wanted to be lazy and not type out "genetically engineered organisms". ^^;; There is nothing to require everyone being from identical genetic stock. To be clear, I was theorizing connections between whitey<>Hiro, 02<>OP girls, and not at all indicating that Hiro<>Ichigo were genetically related.
Feb 17, 2018 6:33 PM

Apr 2014
cupc said:
EpsilonX said:

There's a difference between expecting science and expecting sense. Gurren Lagann, for all of its impossibilities, still made sense. This didn't. He appeared to have a giant growth on his stomach, and it's magically gone now because he decided he actually liked helping her? The only thing I can think of is that his willpower allowed him to control and fight through the pain, but it will come back later on to affect him again.

Gurren Lagann based its science on "spiral energy" aka magic which is about as ridiculous as Hiro healing his aids with the power of will

At least there was an explanation that worked in the universe they created. This just kind of....goes away without any explanation. I really don't think that this is the last we'll see of that though.

RobertBobert said:

I really think that they were just trying to show how sheltered from sexual desires these kids are. They kissed, but they had no idea what it means. Ichigo feels a bond to Hiro, beyond that of friendship. It's pretty clear that she has a crush on him, but she doesn't know what a crush is. None of the pilots know what romance is. There's obviously a LOT that they were never informed of, as evidenced by...well, a lot of things. Since Ichigo has no sense of a romantic bond between people, the only way she can think to explain how she feels about Hiro is similar to a sibling bond.
ChangeLeopardonFeb 17, 2018 6:37 PM
Feb 17, 2018 6:50 PM

Mar 2012
A bit of a shonen episode. But I'm going to let this slide and let them explain everything later. The part where Hiro held 02 and calmed her was a touching scene.
Feb 17, 2018 6:55 PM

Dec 2015
Trigger, those glorious bastards. The priority they put towards this episode really showed in comparison to the other one; the fight scenes were through the roof!

Wish Hiro grew a pair of blue horns after all that..
~
Feb 17, 2018 7:12 PM

Dec 2017
Great episode. Seems like there will be no Hiro horn though. All those theories people made up from the previous episode can be thrown away now because Hiro just magically healed.
That wings scene remind me of Evangelion third impact XD.
Feb 17, 2018 7:43 PM

Dec 2012
OMG I NEED THIS NOW!

Feb 17, 2018 8:03 PM

Apr 2017
This episode was amazing, this keeps getting better and better.
cunnysseur
Feb 17, 2018 8:16 PM

Jan 2011
we had our "don't lose your way moment" sadly the insert song for it wasn't as hype as the rest of the BGM through out the episode .

conflicted on just allowing Hiro's ability to beat the ONI AIDs and i'm just gonna go with the logic of him being compatible with zero two lol
Feb 17, 2018 8:23 PM

Apr 2012
@deadman80 I understand, but dreaming is not harmful: D. But even without incest, we still have the secret of their origin. I even had a theory that those monsters are the same mecha. A hint on Bokurano, so to speak.

@EpsilonX And this is really a wonderful moment in the story. Who would have thought that such postmodern and eccentric anime depicts teen romance is more realistic than many "mature teenage dramas"? :D

Feb 17, 2018 8:35 PM

Jun 2017
I liked how Hachi says they never saw a Klaxosaur like that then they later proceed to state its exact classification xD.
Feb 17, 2018 8:42 PM

Dec 2014
Hope they explain Hiro being cured all of a sudden, but the ep was mindless fun. Gorou keeping Ichigo together makes me wonder at times why he isn't the leader.
I need sleep.
Feb 17, 2018 9:13 PM

Sep 2017
FUCKING FINALLY
Been waiting for this weeks episode and man was it good
It was glorious but the part where hiro recovered was bullshit
LIKE HOW ?
I hope they explain it
But yeah this episode was awsmn and I knew that when they skipped the op
5/5 episode
AOTS

ボールルームダンサー
Feb 17, 2018 9:17 PM
Jan 2018
Akhundelar said:
Great episode. Seems like there will be no Hiro horn though. All those theories people made up from the previous episode can be thrown away now because Hiro just magically healed.
That wings scene remind me of Evangelion third impact XD.

I'm still gonna hold on to that theory for now, as the healing scene did happen fairly close to the end of the EP.
After all, the blue corruption/aids/disease that started sometime prior to episode 5 wasn't revealed until then.

Maybe I'm just optimistic about this, but I don't think we've seen the last of 002's effects on Hiro.
Feb 17, 2018 9:25 PM

Nov 2014
Now I start to think..

Hiro's blood was somehow triggered by Kiss that Zero Two gave him in episode 01..

That's why he can tame Zero Two in her Beast Mode..

and Goro - Ichigo - Hiro relationship is more like Tetsurou x Kanna x Kaito (Ano Natsu) in the circle.
Feb 17, 2018 9:28 PM

Mar 2012
Did I miss something with the whole NINES thing? The chat here is making me think that this was referenced in previous episodes, but I can't remember anything, just this chapter's final scene
Feb 17, 2018 9:41 PM

Jan 2017
Hiro found a self-made cure for aids! Hooray!

Man, this episode is so awesome.
Feb 17, 2018 10:32 PM
Mar 2017
Oh, I'm about to die, but recovering the motivation I got to beat AIDS, hug my partner to calm her, and kill the giant milkman ...

What a great episode! (It's sarcasm)

It reminded me of Kamina when they used the spear(22:02), It just needed to turn, to be equal
this anime is lacking enough for it to be epic like TTGL, and I do not think I can feel epicity / emotion with this prota
FireCrauterFeb 18, 2018 8:15 AM
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Feb 17, 2018 10:56 PM

Aug 2014
RyuuZy said:
Now I start to think..

Hiro's blood was somehow triggered by Kiss that Zero Two gave him in episode 01..

That's why he can tame Zero Two in her Beast Mode..

and Goro - Ichigo - Hiro relationship is more like Tetsurou x Kanna x Kaito (Ano Natsu) in the circle.

So i am not the only one getting "Ano Natsu" vibe of this romance. Ichigo = Kanna also. Nearly the same characters.
Feb 17, 2018 10:59 PM

Jul 2016
OkarinLamperouge said:
Hiro being inexplicably "cured" from Dino Aids almost ruined the episode for me, they better have a good explanation for that in future.

Nah, I want no explanation.

This anime is not about storytelling. It is about kick ass action and over the top ridiculousness.
Feb 17, 2018 11:08 PM

May 2016
When I watch this episode , I have the same feeling when first time watch episode 1. 5 OVER 5. Do not need to said more

Feb 17, 2018 11:22 PM
Feb 2018
Every one's already saying what I want to say.
I wonder if that guy in the white suit was previous zero two's partner.

"Anyone felt that BGM when Hiro is dead & has a conversation with his previous partner, who is the main reason which made that guy finally realize what he wants to do, Naomi ??? "

It freakin kicked in !!!

Man I gotta say I wanted to wait until the anime is completed and then watch all the episodes at once, but its much more awesome to eagerly wait for the next episode for a week. My heart was beating fast until the episode ended from moment I was waiting to get the episode Downloaded...
Feb 18, 2018 12:52 AM

Aug 2013
It's Trigger, so I still have complete faith, but I really hope they give us a proper explanation as to why his blue tumor aids went into remission. Or at the very least, give some mention of it next week to show us it's still relevant. Like Hiro takes his shirt off next week and goes "hey, I dont look like a fucked up mutant. What happened?" Especially considering he literally fucking died and came back.

Final attack was pretty fucking epic too. That clearly got some extra budget. Ichigo got quite a bit of budget too with the detailed naked bath, the hair movement, and all of the detailed facial expressions and crying this episode.

Guy at the very end has me curious. He's from a totally different squad, so I assume that nickname "Nine Iota" was referring to 002, since she's the only outsider. Only other person he could be referring to is Hiro, but that doesnt quite make sense. We gonna start seeing some grudge matches between 002's old platoon and Hiro & company?
Feb 18, 2018 12:56 AM
Feb 2018
Heh, i saw everyone discussed about "The NINE". I didn't see them appeared before, so where did you get "The NINE" name ?
Feb 18, 2018 1:03 AM

Aug 2013
isekai said:
no one died, nice one lol

Hiro's disease is now controlled by him

and looks like the elites are here

Oh, I never paid a whole lot of attention to the visuals of the OP, that definitely has me thinking now.

I'm starting to lean towards a guess that those 3 girls in the back are half-assed clones made from the original 002.

There's 5 male pilots but only 3 girls there. So now I wonder if perhaps that "alpha" blonde midget kid was originally paired with 002 in that squad. Still doesnt account for one girl pilot though. Perhaps those clone girls were tweaked to be easily compatible, and the extra guys are able to freely switch out with one another, or perhaps there are two other girls who weren't introduced yet.

Fappa said:
KuroRyuu234 said:
I really wonder how will they explain Hiro's recovery or if he Will turn into a hybrid as 002, but I don't think so since she was born that way.
What that Nine said at The end "Nine Iota" I wonder if he was refering to 002 and if he was, why? I get that "the nines" are a group which fights in the front lines and that 002 was fighting there too, but why refer to her as "Iota" it doesn't even sound anything like her Code.
Last episode they said that 002 Will retur to The front lines, I guess the Nines are here to pick her up, and if so, Will they also Take Hiro? Guess we'll see in the next episode.

It is implied that all these kids have something inhumane in them right from the start. In the case of Hiro Zero Two simply awakened his potential just how she offered it to him in Episode 1.

"Nine Iota" refers to Hiro as it stands for 910 which is Hiro's code flipped on its head.

Oh shit, it is his code number but flipped. lol. Wonder though, why he's referring to Hiro? As far as we know they've never had an interaction. But perhaps that's something that has yet be introduced to the story.
Feb 18, 2018 1:50 AM
Jan 2018
Oh the 2 of the extra cast was really shining this episode,Goro and Zorome,i would give it 9 or 8,should Hiro died,but no,they go to the same route as many anime has been,get reduced to a supporting husband role Hiro,..and Ichigo is really a letdown,.get distracted many times,should the Klaxsour targeting them,both of them would died thanks to her role.Atleast the fodder character did not died.Been waiti g for Goro to become main character hmm
Feb 18, 2018 2:12 AM

Jun 2013
Best Ep so far, I'm worried about the aspects they would copy from ttgl and kill la kill Hope it gets its own signature.

About the blue Aids, my theory is that Hiro had doubts about being enough to be paired with 02 and when he overcame that they really synced again, like in ttgl with the spiral power and kill la kill when matoko lose her thrust
Feb 18, 2018 2:44 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
GosuGian said:
OMG I NEED THIS NOW!

Take my money already!!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 18, 2018 2:56 AM
Jan 2017
Just an amazing anime. This my new favorite and I have watched hundreds of animes. It seems to get better and better.
Hi.
Feb 18, 2018 3:10 AM

Jan 2017
This anime is pretty amazing, for mecha-like theme it's pretty fluid (in terms of animation), much more fluid than some shounen anime we get -black Clover loves to have some s**t phases
I was enjoying the fact that Hiro was also not infallible but towards the end his Oni-aids disappeared, why.
On the other hand it still remains childish, e.g. work together, we can do anything.. an' I'm there thinkin' "c'mon, struggle little more"

Whooda fugga a deese?
Feb 18, 2018 3:23 AM

Apr 2010
Predictable, generic, uninspiring. RIP
Feb 18, 2018 3:37 AM

Sep 2017
The series is hype AF

ボールルームダンサー
Feb 18, 2018 3:44 AM

May 2015
antonnn said:
Predictable, generic, uninspiring. RIP

All you gotta do is switch that status to dropped man.

Feb 18, 2018 3:53 AM

Dec 2013
That was pretty bad. I expected something like transformation into blue demon. Instead they just came up with this generic nonsense.
And, man, I literally despise music at the end. It was your standard generic thing, but this music only made it worse.
Welp, I'm probably not gonna drop this one, though I expected it to be slightly better. For now, only good part of the show is the main heroine.
Feb 18, 2018 4:06 AM
Feb 2018
Jonesy974 said:
isekai said:
no one died, nice one lol

Hiro's disease is now controlled by him

and looks like the elites are here

Oh, I never paid a whole lot of attention to the visuals of the OP, that definitely has me thinking now.

I'm starting to lean towards a guess that those 3 girls in the back are half-assed clones made from the original 002.

There's 5 male pilots but only 3 girls there. So now I wonder if perhaps that "alpha" blonde midget kid was originally paired with 002 in that squad. Still doesnt account for one girl pilot though. Perhaps those clone girls were tweaked to be easily compatible, and the extra guys are able to freely switch out with one another, or perhaps there are two other girls who weren't introduced yet.

Fappa said:

It is implied that all these kids have something inhumane in them right from the start. In the case of Hiro Zero Two simply awakened his potential just how she offered it to him in Episode 1.

"Nine Iota" refers to Hiro as it stands for 910 which is Hiro's code flipped on its head.

Oh shit, it is his code number but flipped. lol. Wonder though, why he's referring to Hiro? As far as we know they've never had an interaction. But perhaps that's something that has yet be introduced to the story.

I think Nine Iota refers to 002. In the midst of battle, a guy from 26th squad mention that they (13th squad) even have two talented kids and he mentioned 015 & 016. it could be implied that their number are their ranks in term of talents/potential. Probably nine iota means 001-009
lesser number -> higher ranks
Feb 18, 2018 4:08 AM

Nov 2007
LeHai14111 said:
Heh, i saw everyone discussed about "The NINE". I didn't see them appeared before, so where did you get "The NINE" name ?

samurai1993 said:
Did I miss something with the whole NINES thing? The chat here is making me think that this was referenced in previous episodes, but I can't remember anything, just this chapter's final scene

The NINES are mentioned at the start of episode 4 by those Papa people and it seems they have another purpose than just fighting those dinos. And based on their conversation, it is easy to conclude that they are special in a sense that they are well trained pilots, probably the best of the best out there.

Sossig said:
I think Nine Iota refers to 002. In the midst of battle, a guy from 26th squad mention that they (13th squad) even have two talented kids and he mentioned 015 & 016. it could be implied that their number are their ranks in term of talents/potential. Probably nine iota means 001-009
lesser number -> higher ranks

9 Iota is 016. He was the one getting along with the other Children. Also, according to the interview of Tomatsu Haruka, the hero of the anime is actually 002 and 016 is the heroine.
Coronavirus.
Feb 18, 2018 4:10 AM

Apr 2016
BiggRed said:
Wait the robots run on fuel?! I was under the impression they were powered by semen and teenage hormones.

I laughed with that one during the episode. Out of gas just when he's about to be crushed :D That's such an half-assed writing, I still wonder if it 's not a translation's mistake. So bad it's funny, ... a bad as the "I'm dead - I'm not dead - I'm so strong I crush the monster in 5 seconds" writing.

On another topic, I'm completely shocked. None of the beta-team died !
Feb 18, 2018 4:12 AM

Nov 2016
impressive episode, it literally broke me. Best seasonal episode ive seen in the last seasons
Feb 18, 2018 4:28 AM

Nov 2007
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
BiggRed said:

I laughed with that one during the episode. Out of gas just when he's about to be crushed :D That's such an half-assed writing, I still wonder if it 's not a translation's mistake. So bad it's funny, ... a bad as the "I'm dead - I'm not dead - I'm so strong I crush the monster in 5 seconds" writing.

On another topic, I'm completely shocked. None of the beta-team died !

Really? I watched it raw and I was pretty sure 090 said he ran out of fuel so I don't think it was a mistake in translation. The danger signs around him with no fuel was funnier though.

Well, at least in Gundam, they mention fuel consumption and run-time much early in the stories or during the actual fights so I know how much details they put in those information to make it seem more real. Also the number of shots they can fire with limited rounds. They even mention how burst modes deplete fuel rapidly. They also mention how shooting accuracy is compromised in burst modes because of speed. The beeping also starts when someone is locked down by the enemy just like in real life, not when someone is going to get stomped. And the MSs go blank with everything shut, including the monitors when the MSs run out of fuel.

And yeah, I was pretty sure the 26th will be all dead but to their credit, they got me wrong. I wonder what the NINES are doing there at the end of the episode. They seem to have more free time than I would have thought so it will need better explanation and why Alpha has set his eyes on Iota (016).

Edited: stroke out after re-watching.
shanimebibFeb 18, 2018 4:57 AM
Coronavirus.
Feb 18, 2018 4:44 AM
Feb 2018
shanimebib said:

9 Iota is 016. He was the one getting along with the other Children. Also, according to the interview of Tomatsu Haruka, the hero of the anime is actually 002 and 016 is the heroine.

Couldn't agree more
Feb 18, 2018 4:55 AM

Nov 2007
@Ysad_Ziwezhan

Alright, my bad. I saw the part again and you are right. I guess it was ambiguity in translation. 090 said "there is no fuel reception?" which could mean the fuel reception system was damaged and not just ran out. It would make sense because of the impact and thereby damaging the FRANXX.
Coronavirus.
Feb 18, 2018 5:18 AM

Feb 2018
"The Nines" are already mentioned at the beginning of episode 4
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

345 by Modek69 »»
Today, 1:19 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

1502 by imsevlol »»
Oct 4, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

367 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

647 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

363 by 143eitasasaki »»
Sep 21, 10:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.