Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Jul 4, 2016 11:50 PM

May 2010
Let's see, the last one I've completed was Neko Para vol.2. Nothing special, ofc artstyle was stunning (sasuga Sayori), but scenario for this series is sooo boring... They didn't even bother with ending it properly, it was just h-scene and the next day -and we lived happily ever after, with me banging one neko after another-

Also, after this volume I'm 90% sure it's going for harem ending :< Why won't you let me choose (╥﹏╥)
Jul 5, 2016 1:05 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
What's wrong with a harem ending?
Jul 5, 2016 2:37 AM

May 2010
HaXXspetten said:

Nothing objectively wrong about it, I'm just a perfect monogamist, and it's a serious turn off for me :> I'm just butthurted, if it'd be one of possible endings - fine, but it's kinda ruining entire game for me. I know it's just a silly moege, but I have to complain a little bit :|
Jul 5, 2016 2:51 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Kitsu-nee said:
HaXXspetten said:

Nothing objectively wrong about it, I'm just a perfect monogamist, and it's a serious turn off for me :> I'm just butthurted, if it'd be one of possible endings - fine, but it's kinda ruining entire game for me. I know it's just a silly moege, but I have to complain a little bit :|
To be perfectly honest in specifically Nekopara's case I don't see any sensible ending other than a harem ending. No matter what they're still owners of all the cats so they have to stick together until the end regardless, and since they all want love equally and are already fine with sharing it'd be pretty strange if it suddenly ended up in a monogamous relationship

The only way I could see a single girl ending happening would be if you avoid fucking the nekos and just go for a wincest ending with Shigure instead
Jul 5, 2016 3:09 AM

May 2010
HaXXspetten said:
To be perfectly honest in specifically Nekopara's case I don't see any sensible ending other than a harem ending. No matter what they're still owners of all the cats so they have to stick together until the end regardless, and since they all want love equally and are already fine with sharing it'd be pretty strange if it suddenly ended up in a monogamous relationship

The only way I could see a single girl ending happening would be if you avoid fucking the nekos and just go for a wincest ending with Shigure instead

Sadly, you are absolutely right. After the first volume it wasn't that clear yet, but in the second one it was mentioned a few times, that nekogirls aren't jealous about each other, as long as you treat them equally and things like that. As of now it's more like very sexually frivolous family, without much of actual romance involved.

I'd totally support wincest ending, but seeing how Shigure seems to be completely fine just with imagining her nekos with nii-san, it doesn't seem very likely :<
Jul 12, 2016 11:05 AM
Jul 2016
Im playing sakura swimclub at the moment :) Just took up visual novels again after not having played one in ages. Only played 3 or something before, and last one i played was homeward (really really really loved that one, the soundtracks were awesome)
Jul 13, 2016 12:22 PM
Aug 2015
Now playing
Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort
PrincessEvangile
Deardrops(Almost Completed)
Jul 13, 2016 6:36 PM

Jul 2015
Raffr0 said:
Now playing
Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort
PrincessEvangile
Deardrops(Almost Completed)
deardrops worth it?
Jul 16, 2016 6:48 AM
Aug 2015
yeah i completed it . Its good
Jul 20, 2016 7:56 AM

May 2010
Shinseiki Evangelion: Koutetsu no Girlfriend 2nd

My third NGE visual novel, and one of the worst I've ever played in general. Terrible graphics, plot which made no sense, flat characters... Who the hell even came up with this shit (ʘ‿ʘ) 3.5/10
Jul 24, 2016 6:48 PM

Jan 2010
Umineko is currently trolling me.

Hard.

Jul 25, 2016 1:51 AM

Jan 2009
About to start Princess Evangile.

Shocked said:

Hard.

Just finished that yesterday, lol. Which chapter are you on?
Jul 25, 2016 1:57 AM

Jan 2010
Noboru said:
About to start Princess Evangile.

Shocked said:

Hard.

Just finished that yesterday, lol. Which chapter are you on?

A few years back back, I finished Chapter 5, which was a horrific amazing experience with one hell of an ending. Then I started Chapter 6 and...well...now I'm replaying it from the start since I hardly remember a thing anymore, and I figured it was about time to finally finish it. Just finished Chapter 2 recently actually. It's quite helpful knowing a few things ahead of time, as I'm seeing a lot of stuff I missed the first time around, but the trolling still hurts.
Jul 25, 2016 6:52 AM

Jan 2009
@Shocked: Umineko is quite repititve and has lots of recaps from the older games, so that never was a problem for me. But then again, I've "only" taken half a year and finished it without reading something else.

Don't know why, but the whole "game" aspect left me rather cold. I know there are quite some sentimental parts that make you feel with the characters and it encourages you to not only passively read it and hear about the answers but to think about them yourself. However, I wouldn't really feel like re-reading it from the beginning to look at it with fresh eyes, because it's not worth my time.

Which trolling do you mean for example?
Jul 25, 2016 9:35 AM

Jan 2010
Noboru said:
@Shocked: Umineko is quite repititve and has lots of recaps from the older games, so that never was a problem for me. But then again, I've "only" taken half a year and finished it without reading something else.

Don't know why, but the whole "game" aspect left me rather cold. I know there are quite some sentimental parts that make you feel with the characters and it encourages you to not only passively read it and hear about the answers but to think about them yourself. However, I wouldn't really feel like re-reading it from the beginning to look at it with fresh eyes, because it's not worth my time.

Which trolling do you mean for example?

It does repeat itself a lot. While new bits of info regarding events occuring before the game's main events are nice, I found myself zoning out a bit before the first series of murders. Still, it helped that I played Higurashi first, so I'm treating the repeats as constants that must occur for each iteration to play out. Gonna see if I can figure out each mystery up to and including the overarching mystery before they're revealed.

Oh, and trolling, right.

Jul 25, 2016 12:48 PM

Jan 2009
Shocked said:
Still, it helped that I played Higurashi first, so I'm treating the repeats as constants that must occur for each iteration to play out.
Yes, except that the repetitions didn't look like some kind of game in Higurashi, so it was easier to take everything that happens in each chapter seriously.

That scene looks like she just teases the protagonist a bit. I thought you would have meant trolling in the sense that you were lead astray with your suspicions.
Jul 25, 2016 1:17 PM

Jan 2010
Noboru said:
Shocked said:
Still, it helped that I played Higurashi first, so I'm treating the repeats as constants that must occur for each iteration to play out.
Yes, except that the repetitions didn't look like some kind of game in Higurashi, so it was easier to take everything that happens in each chapter seriously.

That scene looks like she just teases the protagonist a bit. I thought you would have meant trolling in the sense that you were lead astray with your suspicions.

Yeah, it's true that since the setup is of a literal game, I'm treating it as such more so than Higurashi. And yeah, there was plenty of what you're referring to as trolling as well, though I tried not to pay much mind to them. Anything magic-related I'm treating as not real, though the repeated closed room puzzles have started to feel repetitive.
Jul 25, 2016 1:28 PM

Jan 2009
Shocked said:
Yeah, it's true that since the setup is of a literal game, I'm treating it as such more so than Higurashi. And yeah, there was plenty of what you're referring to as trolling as well, though I tried not to pay much mind to them. Anything magic-related I'm treating as not real, though the repeated closed room puzzles have started to feel repetitive.
I was quite open for both possibilities until the very end, since ultimately, Umineko is just a work of fiction, however, I've also tried to find solutions that might be explainable with human perpetrators.

Those repetitions were one of the reasons why it took me so long to read the whole novel. There were also literally parts where I was about to fall asleep; only sugar-containing sweets kept me awake and I was glad once I was finally through the whole thing, even when there were quite entertaining parts and great things to learn from this novel.
Sep 5, 2016 5:46 AM

May 2010
Shinseiki Evangelion: Ayanami Ikusei Keikaku

Compared to other ones I've played before, this was certainly the best one. Not that it was amazing or anything, but at least 'good' and I had some fun playing it. That's more I can say about other NGE visual novels. Of course, as raising simulation it can't compare to Princess Maker series, but at least getting all endings wasn't that annoyingly difficult, art was okay and Rei herself was pretty cute. 7/10

My final NGE visual novel, and I have to admit that overall it was a terrible experience. One absolutely horrible vn, two meh ones and only one somehow decent. Sigh!
Sep 6, 2016 6:33 AM
May 2014
Dark said:
Muv-Luv Alternative. Gets better and better by the second. By now I'm ready to already give out a 10/10 rating.

I consider Muv-luv Alternative the second best visual novel I have ever read. For me, Umineko is the best.
Sep 9, 2016 1:13 PM

Nov 2009
Clover's Days
Noble Works
Sep 27, 2016 11:27 AM

Aug 2014
Ever17

Liking the mistery so far.
Sep 27, 2016 11:30 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Finished Yoake Mae yori Ruri Iro na a few days ago. Nothing amazing but not bad

Also trying the anime adaptation of it atm but... it's pretty terrible in comparison. It's like they replaced half the VN's plot with random original filler >.>
Sep 30, 2016 2:47 AM

May 2010
The last one I've completed was Umineko Chiru and now, full week since, I still have no idea what to think about it :v Warning, rant incoming!

Okay, other than that, music was beautiful, and plot just mind blowing, in a good way. At least until the 8th episode. 9/10
Oct 9, 2016 4:53 PM

Oct 2013
Currently playing grisaia no meikyuu (steam version)
Oct 13, 2016 3:48 PM

Nov 2009
Lovely Quest.
Harmonia.
Oct 24, 2016 9:58 AM

Nov 2013
Currently going through Umineko Chiru

Oct 28, 2016 3:06 AM
Oct 31, 2016 12:41 AM

May 2010
Da Capo: After Seasons

Harmless enough, about two hours long "after story" arc for each girl from the original game (and there are 12 heroines). Pretty dull overall, but it has one super cute loli and a few nice CGs, that's good enough reason for me to play through it. 6/10
Nov 4, 2016 2:58 AM

Apr 2015
Playing Subarashiki Hibi rn, only Jabberwocky II and the 3 endings remain. This VN is GOAT.
Nov 5, 2016 5:37 PM

Dec 2013
Majikoi A-1
Nov 6, 2016 12:23 AM

Nov 2016
Almost done with Gahktun, and about a third in Dracu-Riot (I always feel sleepy after 30 minutes through it upon doing the separate heroines routes)
Planning on playing Cartagra but I'm wondering if the story is worth plowing through those gruesome scenes. I finished reading Kara no shoujo 1 and I really enjoyed it albeit having nightmares for a week. So can anyone recommend it, and KNS2 too thanks!

Patchouli: Why do you want to be a librarian?
Koakuma: I like people.
Patchouli: What do you like about them?
Koakuma: (whispers) I like telling them to shut up.
Nov 12, 2016 8:57 AM

May 2010
Clannad - Hikari Mimamoru Sakamichi de

Loved the art, and moar Clannad is always good, but overall it was pretty meh. Dunno, I'd prefer 6 slightly longer episodes for main heroines instead of 16 really short ones :< Some were pretty sweet, but most felt like boring filler for characters.
Interestingly enough, this game contains something what could be called the canon ending to Clannad's epilogue, shame it was super stupid plot-wise ;_; 7/10
Nov 20, 2016 2:42 AM
Aug 2016
Sakura no uta
Nov 24, 2016 11:59 AM

Oct 2013
Sakura Nova
Dec 5, 2016 3:30 PM

Nov 2007
I'm reading The House in Fata Morgana. I was attracted by it for quite some time and so far i'm not disappointed.
Dec 5, 2016 5:02 PM

Nov 2009
I/O
Dec 20, 2016 2:54 PM

Feb 2012
Clannad, only Nagisa left. Kotomi's path best so far.
Dec 30, 2016 7:22 PM

May 2010
D.C.I.F. ~Da Capo~ Innocent Finale

Makes my final visual novel for this year and god, was playing through that shit tiring @_@ And Kotor is my second favourite heroine from D.C.! Terribly predictible, melodramatic plot and asshole MC in try-hard nakige. I guess it almost made my cry trying to complete it so maybe that was the point T___T

At least the artstyle was nice, but penis being the size of arm in the h-scene made me chuckle a bit. 5.5/10
Feb 17, 2017 4:06 AM

Oct 2013
Started Playing Kara no Shoujo
Mar 19, 2017 1:41 PM

Apr 2015
Playing 11eyes just because I want some gothloli and chuunige
Mar 20, 2017 1:13 PM

Mar 2015
Started playing Baldr Sky. Purdy good so far
what
Apr 1, 2017 2:39 AM

Feb 2012
Tomoyo After

Not against h-scenes at all, but prologue was pure spam
Apr 1, 2017 3:54 PM

Nov 2013
against h-scenes in general and i agree. the first week was trash.
Apr 1, 2017 4:02 PM

May 2010
doom19876 said:

Eh, dunno, I'm probably in minority but I didn't really mind it at all, had a few laughs at least. All ages version was pretty hilarious too.
Apr 1, 2017 4:17 PM

Nov 2013
Kitsu-nee said:
doom19876 said:

Eh, dunno, I'm probably in minority but I didn't really mind it at all, had a few laughs at least. All ages version was pretty hilarious too.

Really? What part did you like of the little brother hiding himself in a closet and jumping out at horrible times just to embarrass his sister at the worst possible moments? Not only that, it was very repetitive from what I can remember.

I would like to try the all ages version at some point. Hoping it would be a lot better. The first week of TA actually made me dislike the VN a lot more than it should have.
Apr 1, 2017 4:39 PM

May 2010
doom19876 said:
Kitsu-nee said:

Really? What part did you like of the little brother hiding himself in a closet and jumping out at horrible times just to embarrass his sister at the worst possible moments? Not only that, it was very repetitive from what I can remember.

I would like to try the all ages version at some point. Hoping it would be a lot better. The first week of TA actually made me dislike the VN a lot more than it should have.

Welp, iit was absurd enough to make me giggle a few times at how silly it was from what I remember. I doubt you're gonna enjoy all ages version a lot more though, if you already hate it that much, because it's pretty much the same (minus sex scenes, so not AS awkward, I guess).
Apr 1, 2017 4:44 PM

Nov 2013
Well those scenes made me hate the guy with a passion from the start. I can't imagine that making me like the anime more. Actually the only thing I really liked in the VN was the end of Tomoyo's arc.
Apr 3, 2017 9:01 AM

Nov 2014
Chrono Clock. So good and so bad at the same time. Really good from technical side, great premise and very interesting girls and protagonist, but so far their routes are rather disappointing.

I don't have high hopes for other 2 heroines, but I really want to unlock Cro and Miu.
JustAnotherShiroApr 3, 2017 9:06 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

» Top 5 VNs ( 1 2 3 )

AltriaPendragon - Jun 2, 2013

120 by Fischer77 »»
Jan 28, 2023 5:49 PM

» Top 10 Heroines from all the VN's you have read?

Riptos - Jun 23, 2021

1 by UIGodFather »»
Jul 3, 2021 7:19 AM

» Member Birthday List ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Mar 8, 2011

126 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Apr 23, 2021 4:51 PM

» Visual Novel Data Base Account ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Jan 29, 2011

106 by removed-user »»
Apr 14, 2021 4:50 PM

Poll: » Favorite VN Developers

lmisohax - Nov 17, 2015

13 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Feb 21, 2021 5:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.