Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Little Monster
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »
Jun 20, 2014 1:49 AM

May 2014
An ok ending. Brilliant start but kinda went downhill and then finishes with an average ending. 9.5/10 at the beginning, 8/10 at the middle of the story and 6.5/10 ending.

Although I wanted Natsume and Sasayan to be together.!!!
Jul 13, 2014 4:46 AM

Feb 2013
Very enjoyable series!!

8/10
Jul 15, 2014 4:31 PM
Jul 2018
Jul 15, 2014 6:37 PM
Jul 2013
I would really appreciate a season 2
Jul 22, 2014 4:00 PM
Feb 2014
An ending which isn't really an ending... This feels like a second season should follow, but I doubt there will be one produced.

great short anime with good music :)
Jul 23, 2014 4:39 PM

Jul 2014
I would like more, it can't get hooked on to the manga, I'd rather watch the anime (continued)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2014 4:42 PM

Jul 2014
Fishmoose said:
Lol, I started watching this while it was airing but didn't finish it until now. As everyone is saying, this needs a second season. The manga is finished so I think they should get on it already. ^^
manga is over?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2014 11:06 AM

Jan 2008
Biggest fuckin' dissapointment I have EVER seen. After an amazing beginning (up to episode 4 or so) it gets frustrating to watch to the point I just had to stand up and walk around the room to calm down.
Fuck this.
Sep 4, 2014 1:26 PM
Mar 2014
9/10
Sep 28, 2014 7:47 PM

Jun 2014
Werchiel said:
Biggest fuckin' dissapointment I have EVER seen. After an amazing beginning (up to episode 4 or so) it gets frustrating to watch to the point I just had to stand up and walk around the room to calm down.
Fuck this.

i feel you, weak and unsatisfying ending
i guess i won't watch shoujo again
Nov 27, 2014 11:19 AM

Jul 2012
Me (almost) two years ago:
mayukachan said:
...Is that it? LOL Doesn't feel like a proper last episode.

Let's go, second season! We need more on Natsume, Sasayan, Yamaken, and everybody else. ;)

Overall, I'd give 7 or 8 out of 10 for this season. (Still deciding on score) Reason being, there wasn't much of a plot since it was driven by the characters. The characters other than mains should get more screentime. I definitely prefer Yamaken x Shizuku moments because they feel unique and they're cuter. xD Haru x Shizuku moments were kind of expected and not that interesting.

And I'd still agree with myself back then.

Second (third if you include manga) time through and yeah, Shizuku is a really boring protagonist and Haru is a boring romantic interest. I love Suzuki Tatsuhisa and I think he does Haru's character well but he's still so goddamn boring. He's more like a comedic relief character (like Takao or Hasabe who are also voiced by Tattsun).

Like before, yeah it's a shame that this show is only one cour because nothing really happens overall other than slight character and romantic development. I think this series' main weakness is the lack of focus/direction. It's more like a slapstick school romcom rather than a shoujo romcom with a focus. By focus I mean like Bokura ga Ita which was about male lead moving on and finding love with female lead, or Hirunaka no Ryuusei which is about a girl learning about feelings and her daylight shooting star, or Orange which is about parallel universes and changing the future.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun does not have a solid focus. Sure, it's about a cold female MC who learns to cut back studying and making friends and also falling in love with a delinquent boy but that's... that's it. There's nothing else to it other than a couple of pretty decent subplots (Sasayan's...Yamaken's...Natsume's...) that don't even get screen time.

I still prefer Yamaken and Shizuku LOOL. He's just so much more amusing to watch and I can see more character development potential for him. Final score stays the same, 7/10 mostly because the comedy is done well and it isn't a bad show all in all.

Anyway, I only rewatched this so I can finish the manga which I put on hold for a very long time. Onto it!
Dec 4, 2014 10:00 AM

Jul 2012
I finished the manga last night, and for people who didn't like the anime because it was too nonsensical or comedy-centric, please check out the manga which has a better SOL feeling.
Dec 20, 2014 9:39 PM
Dec 2014
mayukachan said:
I finished the manga last night, and for people who didn't like the anime because it was too nonsensical or comedy-centric, please check out the manga which has a better SOL feeling.

Would you recommend start the manga from chapter 1 or start where the left in the anime. Keep in mind I am not a big fan of mangas.
Dec 20, 2014 9:41 PM

Jul 2012
Gogims said:
mayukachan said:

Would you recommend start the manga from chapter 1 or start where the left in the anime. Keep in mind I am not a big fan of mangas.

Start where it left off.
Dec 20, 2014 9:52 PM

Aug 2014
mayukachan said:
Gogims said:

Start where it left off.
mayukachan said:
Gogims said:

Start where it left off.

at which chapter did it left off
Jan 4, 2015 7:39 PM

Sep 2014
What a fucking letdown. The series started well cause its hilarious, but all we get is a neverendingback and forth with no conclusion

Natsume was 5x more interesting to watch than Mitty. Mitty is obnoxiously indecisive and fickle; meanwhile Haru is annoying and clingy
Jan 6, 2015 12:32 AM
Jan 2015
I think the 13th episode should not have been the last episode of this animeTo be honest it doesn't seem like an ending but I have to say it was cute and it reminded me of something from the past so please don't leave this anime at 13 episodes just like they did with mysterious x girlfriend such good animes don't deserve to be so short so please make another season for this anime "my little monster" so please make some more episodes or maybe some more seasons because I think this anime really deserves to continue so please and I'm begging make more episodes or another season or two and oh don't make anything that goes way off the story...
Jan 19, 2015 12:11 PM
Aug 2008
Hmm.. the anime overall was ok. I guess I like my romance with the clichés and flirting/rivals in love. This felt too rushed, like when Haru finds out Yamaken loves Shizuku, he tells everyone only an episode later. I was hoping for a little bit more blushing, rivalry, and flirting from Yamaken. But oh well.
Feb 5, 2015 2:05 PM

Apr 2010
The entire anime was fun and I laughed a lot but the ending completely ruined it for me. I expected more. That might be the reason I hated the ending so much. It feels like I wasted my time watching this even though up until episode 13 I enjoyed it. In the beginning I wanted to give it a 7 or 8 out of 10, but because of the last episode I wanted to give a 6/10. Still, the ride was fun though so 7/10 is my final answer.
Feb 8, 2015 11:42 AM

Dec 2007
Well that was disappointing. I was hoping for something to happen. I was hoping for Shizuku to finally go out on a real date with Haru. There was a lot of build up but not a lot of action at the end. Hopefully it will have another season, but I"ll have to give it a 6/10 for now. I'll increase the score if there is another season or OVA. If this is it for the anime, it's just feels incomplete.
Feb 10, 2015 9:43 PM
Jan 2011
You know, I don't really know what to say. This show was billed as a rom-com out of the ordinary about 2 people working through their relationship in an interesting and fun way. And that is exactly what I thought for the first 4 episodes. Haru and Shizukus interactions were fun to watch and it was a joy to see their comic banter. That changed, however, after the 4th episode, where the show just devolves into drama, the characters

Now I am a fan of good drama, but every time she said she loved him, he refused her FOR THE SAME REASON. Not knowing one's place can be an interesting premise, but Haru sort of started to grate on my nerves by the end. He went from likable character to annoyance. Add in unrequited love on the part of the 2 other main characters, as well as some shit with his brother that never gets explored, and we have a show that has just steadily evolved into a mess, introduces a load of new characters and love triangles, while completely throwing out any semblance of the interesting premise it had going for it from the start. The show would have been much better chronicling their journey from the start, and people watching after the kiss in the first episode should have no reason to continue. It was obvious they were going for the cliffhanger here, but if they release another season, I probably won't watch it. There was no character development in this season, and I'd doubt there will be any until the last episode of the next.

By the end of the show, I was happy that they didn't get together, because of the fact that they no longer have chemistry. If the writers have to tell you what the characters are feeling, then you know a show is passed saving. Disappointed. This had hella potential

Tl;dr Don't waste your time.
Feb 25, 2015 6:50 PM

Jul 2014
Pretty funny watch, never failed to make me laugh every single episode but this last one was pretty anticlimactic.
Mar 2, 2015 12:26 PM

Aug 2014
Very nice serie! I liked it. It reminds me Ao Haru Ride serie... :)
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Mar 2, 2015 1:52 PM

Jan 2015
A solid anime. Enjoyable all the way through. Wish there were more episodes. 9/10
Mar 4, 2015 7:07 PM

Oct 2011
Well after the ending of this, I can honestly say, now that I know each character very well..
I think Yamaken fits better with Shizuku and Chizuru with Haru. O.o
I dunno, at first I liked the idea of Shizuku and Haru but their personalities clash so much that I'm not so sure.
They look more like best friends that get on each other's nerves.
Apr 2, 2015 4:13 PM
Feb 2015
Love this series. Pretty relaxing but I don't feel yet satisfied after this episode.. I want more!!!! Be nice to have a 2nd season but I don't know much about the manga...
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Apr 14, 2015 2:57 PM

Mar 2015
So many plot points unresolved but I loved the series overall. It gave me a good bunch of laughs.

I was also hoping Yamaken and Shizuku's relationship would develop. If this is how they end it I'll be reeaaalllyy upset so I hope there'll be a season 2.
Apr 25, 2015 1:09 PM

Jun 2013
Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about this ending, but the anime really disappointed me a lot. I really loved the first few episodes, but after episode 5 it just all went downhill. The plot wasn't moving at all and I really dislike both Haru and Shizuku right now. Although the side characters were pretty enjoyable.

I'll give it a 7/10 and I'll probably check out the manga.
Apr 25, 2015 8:46 PM

Dec 2014
this ending is so unresolved it hurts
May 6, 2015 8:40 PM
Sep 2010
I really liked Haru's character. Natsume's storyline was pretty interesting as well. This anime was alright.
Uploader53
May 7, 2015 7:17 PM

Jan 2014
i tried so hard to like the characters but by the end of the show i only liked sasayan. every single other character seemed WAY to self-centered. unbelievable.
Jul 26, 2015 6:21 AM

Feb 2015
It didn't look like the last episode at all! The series was pretty heart-warming and I wish they make a season two...
Aug 1, 2015 6:26 PM
Casual Flower

Mar 2015
I honestly wanted more to this series. I wonder if I should bother taking a look into reading the manga. But a second season would've done nicely.
Oct 17, 2015 12:40 PM

Apr 2015
I wish the relationship between haru and shizuku would develop
it also seemed like there could've been a relationship between natsume & sasayan kinda sad nothing was shown about it except for a few seconds in the end of the episode when sasayan was blushing a little and I wasn't sure if it's because of the cold weather, natsume or both
Nov 7, 2015 8:40 PM

Mar 2014
Chanaynay said:
ezaya said:
is that it.? already the last episode.? -____-"

7/10

My thoughts exactly. The ending felt underwhelming. Same overall score too.

This was a nice watch though regardless. :)

Yeah pretty much this. I enjoyed the episode, I just thought more things would of been settled and resolved for a last episode.
Zanos1Nov 7, 2015 8:43 PM
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Nov 14, 2015 11:42 PM

Dec 2014
pretty rush up I say. Want more I say
Jan 10, 2016 4:34 PM

Nov 2015
To be frank, this series was good at the beginning. However, if this is the end... then really the anime could be anywhere. Haru and Miti only kissed ONCE in this anime. This is a disappointment. Anime was rushed and Mitti x Haru relationship was so mundane. I r8 6/10 that was no true ending.
Ice_NoteJan 10, 2016 4:38 PM

Jan 11, 2016 12:41 AM
Dec 2015
ive gotta say this started good but gradually got worse! The ending was far from satisfying. However i gotta say that the manga was good i enjoyed the ending in that if they put that into another season ill be overall happy with the series. But this had a horrible ending if this is how theyre gonna leave it. I would watch the second season if it comes out and its possible with the volumes they did in the manga but it seems a bit late to make a new season if theyre going to
Jan 14, 2016 4:24 PM

Jan 2016
Please, please make some more.
Onei
Jan 30, 2016 2:28 PM
Jan 2016
callmetheBigD said:
You know, I don't really know what to say. This show was billed as a rom-com out of the ordinary about 2 people working through their relationship in an interesting and fun way. And that is exactly what I thought for the first 4 episodes. Haru and Shizukus interactions were fun to watch and it was a joy to see their comic banter. That changed, however, after the 4th episode, where the show just devolves into drama, the characters
(...)
This had hella potential

I completely agree! everytime I find this kind of screw up, I struggle with the same question:

Why? Why??????? if the writers are able to create such bewildering original and initially complex characters, WHYYYY do they resort to tasteless overchewed drama? There were such background stories yet to be unfolded and so many possible situations to explore by contrasting the two unique personalities of Haru and Shizuko Mizutani...

When a show is already bad from the beginning I understand them just delivering the regular crap (apparently a bunch of uncomprehensible watchers like it and demand it), but when something special starts, showing lots care and talent underneath, and ends up stooping so low it makes so crazy frustrated.
yssKurasuFeb 14, 2016 3:43 PM
Feb 2, 2016 6:44 AM

Dec 2014
It's a shame it had to end like this, it kinda ruins everything build up

I really liked it but i can't hide my disappointment.
Feb 10, 2016 5:00 PM

Jan 2015
Average the ending could've been better :/
Feb 12, 2016 7:59 AM
Jan 2011
yssKurasu said:
callmetheBigD said:
(...)
This had hella potential

I completely agree! everytime I find this kind of screw up, I struggle with the same question:

Why? Why??????? if the writers are able to create such bewildering original and initially complex characters, WHYYYY do they resort to tasteless overchewed drama? There were such background stories yet to be unfolded and so many possible situations to explore by contrasting the two unique personalities of Haru and Shizuko Mizutani...

When a show is already bad from the beginning I understand them just delivering the regular crap (apparently a bunch of uncomprehensible watchers like it and demand it), but when something special starts, showing lots care and talent underneath, and ends up stooping so low it makes so crazy frustrated.

Wow! Honored you made a MAL Account to reply to this post (and I wholeheartedly hope you stay!) This is a super late response but you get it! If the show is terrible or sets that kind of precedent from the start, you know what to expect and are not surprised or taken aback when it happens. But its like the creators of this anime dangled the carrot in front of our faces then said "no you can't have it".

This comment actually comes at a really good time because I recently started watching Ore Monogatari and I think its a show you also might enjoy. Its got a similar premise, except that the main guy is a giant kind-of-ugly but really lovable dude who thought he was doomed to never be loved by anyone. Enter in a cute girl, and a couple of episodes in, they are actually going out! Unheard of in modern rom-com areas. The story follows their antics and lightheartedly deals with high school love without too much drama. In many ways, it has been what this show was supposed to be for me. Check it out if you have some free time!

I don't watch many rom-coms so its really great to be able to find one that bucks the trend and be satisfying.

Happy watching!
Feb 14, 2016 4:13 PM
Jan 2016
callmetheBigD said:
yssKurasu said:

Wow! Honored you made a MAL Account to reply to this post (and I wholeheartedly hope you stay!) This is a super late response but you get it! If the show is terrible or sets that kind of precedent from the start, you know what to expect and are not surprised or taken aback when it happens. But its like the creators of this anime dangled the carrot in front of our faces then said "no you can't have it".

This comment actually comes at a really good time because I recently started watching Ore Monogatari and I think its a show you also might enjoy. Its got a similar premise, except that the main guy is a giant kind-of-ugly but really lovable dude who thought he was doomed to never be loved by anyone. Enter in a cute girl, and a couple of episodes in, they are actually going out! Unheard of in modern rom-com areas. The story follows their antics and lightheartedly deals with high school love without too much drama. In many ways, it has been what this show was supposed to be for me. Check it out if you have some free time!

I don't watch many rom-coms so its really great to be able to find one that bucks the trend and be satisfying.

Happy watching!

:D I actually had meant to create an account for some time, because I use the site to check reviews and contrast other people's opinions from the animes I watch; but was tooo lazy to do it... That day I was reading to see if there was anyone as upset as me about this show and there you were :D I needed to say I agreed with you XD so yup you made me create the account ;)
after that I've had some fun creating the whole profile, thinking over what I've watched, rating it and cheking other profiles so yeah, I think I'm going to stay more active; ¡Thanks for the welcome!

I watch rom-coms from time time; there are particular periods in which I get softy mopey and watch lots of them and then I don't watch any for a long a time unless they catch my eye for some reason; so It's always good to have trustworthy reccomendation ¡thanks! when I watch Ore Monogatari I'll get back to you :)

see u around BigD
Feb 14, 2016 4:15 PM
Jul 2018
its been a loooooong time since i've watched it, but i will never forget!
amazing episode, poetic ending <3
haruuuuuuuu ><
Feb 14, 2016 4:37 PM
Jan 2011
yssKurasu said:
callmetheBigD said:

Happy watching!

:D I actually had meant to create an account for some time, because I use the site to check reviews and contrast other people's opinions from the animes I watch; but was tooo lazy to do it... That day I was reading to see if there was anyone as upset as me about this show and there you were :D I needed to say I agreed with you XD so yup you made me create the account ;)
after that I've had some fun creating the whole profile, thinking over what I've watched, rating it and cheking other profiles so yeah, I think I'm going to stay more active; ¡Thanks for the welcome!

I watch rom-coms from time time; there are particular periods in which I get softy mopey and watch lots of them and then I don't watch any for a long a time unless they catch my eye for some reason; so It's always good to have trustworthy reccomendation ¡thanks! when I watch Ore Monogatari I'll get back to you :)

see u around BigD

:))) Enjoy!!! Glad to hear it!
Feb 28, 2016 4:22 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I m disappointed with this anime, I expected a more interesting female lead, normally in romcom and shoujo it is the female lead that steals the show for me. Thank god for Haru, like he was soo unique I kinda enjoyed it alot, he and natsume carried the show for me when it was most boring. Like I felt the romance was developed in a way that didnt gave me as much amusement as I usually get from romcoms. It is still an 8, since the art was pure gorgeous and it had alot of lmao moments and Haru.

OGHelios said:
I enjoyed this series. Unfortunately it felt like things kinda plateaued halfway through the series

Exactly my problem, too much back and forth between development that should just evolve and not stagnate IMO.

Guess reading the manga is next.
PlaycoolFeb 28, 2016 4:31 PM
Mar 20, 2016 2:01 AM

May 2014
A very pleasant story. Half way through I was more interested in the side characters though. Anyway, I enjoyed it a lot :D
Apr 12, 2016 8:01 PM

Jan 2016
This is my favourite slice of life anime of all time. It stands out from the other ones, especially because it has a friggen chicken. The voices for the characters are unique and has memorable ost. Also, the OP is catchy and unique with the addition of trumpets.
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2012

181 by vixovega »»
Jul 11, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2012

465 by hanakocheeks »»
Jun 19, 7:44 AM

Poll: » Is there going to be a season 2? ( 1 2 )

SalemWitch - Apr 2, 2013

65 by Jywel »»
Jun 6, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2012

165 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:42 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2012

165 by ccrr »»
Aug 19, 2023 10:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.