Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 7, 2016 3:15 AM

Dec 2010
It's so rare to see such a good Special, in fact this is how I've always thought Specials should be like. Not only it continued the story from where the finale left it, but it expanded it as much as possible. The last nail in my 8/10 score.
Dec 1, 2016 8:46 AM

Jan 2013
I feel like they really wanted an European atmosphere for this series, but had no idea how to do it, so just gave up on this last episode.

Fucking ema prayer plates.
May 8, 2017 2:41 PM

May 2010
Gah I want more. Noel was really cute there, wanting to be a bride and almost crying because no one was making any comment.

I am gonna miss this so much... 9.5/10 for the concept so far and everything. Really wish it gets a S2 but you know, it's okay if it doesn't get one. It's still special in its own way, really love it. They should have changed the animation of Kanata playing trumpet in the OP tho, I mean it's the last episode and she's already plenty good. Oh well, I will ignore that. Still is heartwarming to see them laughing at her desperate effort to sound good.
Jul 22, 2017 7:00 AM

Oct 2012
Noel's smug face is the best!
Noel's dream is the best too xD

I really wish this anime was a little bit longer
It's a pretty sweet journey
"Signature removed"
Sep 15, 2017 4:47 AM

Oct 2015
It was average and even when she was asked (Kanata) what her dream was, she answered "to be with everyone" classic anime cliche. I thought the beyond the end episode would be good but it was ehhhhh *yawn* sleepy.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 16, 2017 4:15 PM

Feb 2012
Kanata aka Yume nai Shojo

Claus wants to grow rice in what I first thought was Europe...
Ema is an old tradition in that land...

So Helvetia is confirmed to be Japan (or part of it).

I don't remember the geographical location of "Rome" in relation to No man's land (mainland Eurasia). The Helvetian religion's resemblance to Shinto (among other things makes sense now)

Rome is monotheist but Aisha looks South Asian.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Aug 27, 2018 3:28 PM
Sep 2015
First of all this ep was too long. I feel so sleepy lol

How is it possible that Kanata hadn't seen a map before? Rio said that people flew on planes before so that means they're not living during the Middle Ages.

Meh boring episode. I feel bad for being so salty but I'm glad this anime is over for good!
Sep 14, 2018 10:55 AM

Aug 2015
pretty easy to watch and understand
filled up some unanswered questions

10/10!

@JOELbedulla
I think maps are scarce and only available to the elites/military. an attempt to control information perhaps.
And theres planes before the war which is probably the third world war or its equivalent. blasted everything back a hundred years i guess lmao
May 17, 2020 8:29 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Sweet episode!

Definitely ended on a much better note and, for that alone, I'm more than pleased.

Damn, didn't expect the shopkeeper and the glass factory maestro to be former husband and wife though. And their daughter as well! Good to know...

Seiya's wish. Boy has got a long way to go, lol (and likewise for Sister).

But the best of them all, Kannagi's wish xD. Seriously though, she's just too precious. Felicia-san's wish was really sweet too.

Rio-senpai's wish is really commendable and she seems to be sure that Kanata will veer off somewhere along the line. I wonder how that'll go in the future.

All in all, the first episode was a 6 but this definitely pulled it up to a 7. Going to miss this show and these characters, for sure.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 17, 2021 10:57 PM

Aug 2017
Definitely better than most episodes of the main series. I prefer this ending instead of the anticlimatic ending of the main series. It explained some plot holes from the original.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 7, 2022 11:00 AM
Jul 2018
And that is that!

This anime could've ended with the previous episode, but I believe this one was to show what So Ra No Wo To is really about. Like, the world is just so big, but they haven't seen half of it. Not only that, but moving on. Every main character had some type of baggage, but they were able to overcome that and are looking toward the future.

A future that's full of hope. They're living, dreaming, moving on and sky's the limit!~
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Specials Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

athyra - Jun 23, 2010

79 by removed-user »»
Feb 28, 2022 7:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.