Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Jul 2, 2017 8:44 PM
May 2017
Lmao it is true that looking at boku no pico without holy sunglasses is a crime. You must endulge yourself into the greatness that is boku no pico.

Jul 2, 2017 8:53 PM
Jun 2017
2HandsRevy said:
Lmao it is true that looking at boku no pico without holy sunglasses is a crime. You must endulge yourself into the greatness that is boku no pico.
I didn't read over it well enough so I read some reviews and found out what it really was. Needless to say I think I need Jesus right now (and I'm atheist)
Jul 2, 2017 9:12 PM
May 2017
Kuraokani said:
2HandsRevy said:
I didn't read over it well enough so I read some reviews and found out what it really was. Needless to say I think I need Jesus right now (and I'm atheist)
[quote=Kuraokani message=51365409]

Lmao prob wondering what in the world has happened to the anime community

Jul 2, 2017 9:42 PM

Apr 2016
We need generic ecchi harems to fund the masterpieces
Jul 2, 2017 10:04 PM

May 2016
I've seen many people label Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu as a modern classic. Personally, I've only seen the first two episodes and they honestly bored me to tears but I'm willing to give the series another try, especially given the second season's even warmer reception (it's ranked #19 on the site overall which is especially impressive given the series' relative obscurity).
Jul 2, 2017 10:06 PM

May 2016
YuiHirasawachan said:
Honestly, if a studio needs to put out ten godawful magic battle school harem series to fund one really fantastic series, then I'm all for it.
Synoptic93Jul 2, 2017 10:21 PM
Jul 2, 2017 10:10 PM
Jun 2017
[quote=2HandsRevy message=51365501]
Kuraokani said:
2HandsRevy said:
Kuraokani said:

Lmao prob wondering what in the world has happened to the anime community
You should read the highest rated review for it (if you haven't already). That was pretty funny
Jul 2, 2017 10:13 PM
Jun 2017
YuiHirasawachan said:
Considering school days was the best anime ever made..
Jul 2, 2017 10:34 PM

Jan 2017
New episodes of Hunter x Hunter are surely going to be masterpieces.
Jul 2, 2017 10:51 PM
Jun 2017
Mohojojo said:
New episodes of Hunter x Hunter are surely going to be masterpieces.
So we should see the next masterpiece in 2050? Dammit! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Jul 2, 2017 11:54 PM

Apr 2016
When the new episodes of gintama come out.
Jul 2, 2017 11:57 PM
Jun 2016
why are you using MAL ratings to determine whether something is a "masterpiece"? i use it to determine what not to watch.
'ate gundam
Jul 3, 2017 12:26 AM
Jun 2017
harpseal2 said:
why are you using MAL ratings to determine whether something is a "masterpiece"? i use it to determine what not to watch.
Looks like you didn't read the whole post
Jul 3, 2017 12:26 AM
Jun 2017
Papi- said:
I have to watch that show sometime. I just don't like watching a long series in subs
Jul 3, 2017 1:15 AM

Aug 2012
Anime just went to a shitshow recently. 2017 is an awful year. I don't think anime is going back to it's golden age.
Jul 3, 2017 1:47 AM

May 2015
Deus said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Even the first half of Death Note isn't brilliant. It was pretending to explore morality when it was just an elaborate chess game. I had fun with it and it's told well, but nothing too special.
Didn't really expect morality exploration from it. I also enjoyed cat and mouse game, that's why it's one of my favorites. That type of series is rare.

I guess because I find it very common in Western media I only found it to be good in its style, but nothing too special. I do like the more supernatural spin and it's different enough than Western thrillers, but not special enough to make it great.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jul 3, 2017 1:55 AM

Apr 2016
Kuraokani said:
YuiHirasawachan said:
Considering school days was the best anime ever made..

I couldn't stomach School Days. The dialogue was so direct and without nuance, it felt like dialogue I would have written in primary school. Add to that the incredibly drab colour scheme and generic character designs...
Jul 3, 2017 2:08 AM

Apr 2016
Kuraokani said:
Papi- said:
I have to watch that show sometime. I just don't like watching a long series in subs

I didn't know if you were trolling or not since your avatar is gintama, but I guess not lol.
Jul 3, 2017 2:41 AM

Mar 2017
I personally think there will come a time when shows like this will fade from the spotlight, and there will be other "masterpieces" that replace them, and you'll find people asking the same question about those, "Will something better than this ever come along?"

At the end of the day you have to remember, behind every anime is a person with an idea, and over time people with better skill sets and better ideas will come along. All we're waiting for now is the next great writer to be discovered with an idea for a manga/anime that will blow away its predecessors. Now it might take a good few years, or even a few centuries for said person to appear, but hey thats life, its always worked like this and it always will.
At least until the machines take over and start pumping out masterpieces in mass amounts, and eventually replace us humans with themselves.
KohtaJul 3, 2017 2:44 AM
Kitsu - Waifu:Lilly Satou
Insert Useless Text Here
Are you a female, speak a language outside of english, and have a lot of built up anger? Then why not send me a hurtful message full of your burning hate for my existence. Leaving an english translation is optional, all hate is appreciated.
Jul 3, 2017 4:42 AM
Jun 2017
Papi- said:
Kuraokani said:

I didn't know if you were trolling or not since your avatar is gintama, but I guess not lol.
Not trolling lol I saw this avatar and thought it was funny so I used it 😁
Jul 3, 2017 6:32 AM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
I don't feel like, Death Note or Full Metal Alchemist are masterpiece.
Your Name doesn't start amazing...

Jul 3, 2017 7:11 AM
Jun 2017
Lolsebca said:
Says the guy who started, but didn't finish, 238 anime and gave a 10/10 (masterpiece) to Yuri Yuri 😜
Jul 3, 2017 7:22 AM

Sep 2015
Its masterpiece when popularity say its masterpiece

Naruto is the true masterpiece of how filler take over everything
Into the Internet!
Jul 3, 2017 7:23 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
When Steins Gate 0 comes out cause it's the only true masterpiece tbh.
Jul 3, 2017 7:28 AM

Jan 2016
https://myanimelist.net/news/51367762

Dont forget, this fall.....lol
Jul 3, 2017 8:08 AM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
Kuraokani said:
Lolsebca said:
Says the guy who started, but didn't finish, 238 anime and gave a 10/10 (masterpiece) to Yuri Yuri 😜

Says the guy who takes seriously the words accorded to ratings by MyAnimeList.
Get the fuck out you filthy casual.

Jul 3, 2017 8:14 AM

Sep 2013
watch zankyou no terror, better than all the anime you mentioned hands down
Agree
Jul 3, 2017 11:28 AM
Jun 2017
Lolsebca said:
Kuraokani said:

Says the guy who takes seriously the words accorded to ratings by MyAnimeList.
Get the fuck out you filthy casual.
Your a weak person if you get mad that easy. Also, your first sentence made no sense. You pleb
Jul 3, 2017 12:20 PM

Jul 2013
when they make another anime that's longer than 30 episodes.
Jul 3, 2017 7:35 PM
May 2017
sounds like some generic shounen tastes @skyfullofstars

Jul 4, 2017 6:08 AM

Jul 2013

Oh look another Gintama anime to add to the top 20.
Jul 6, 2017 6:39 PM
Jul 2018
I don't care for Gintama.
We will get this:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/35062/Mahoutsukai_no_Yome This is beautiful and no one can convince me otherwise. <3
'Til the fall season, we got a wonderful OVA. https://myanimelist.net/anime/32902/Mahoutsukai_no_Yome__Hoshi_Matsu_Hito

Jul 6, 2017 6:40 PM

Apr 2017
>When Despera gets an adaptation..

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Jul 6, 2017 6:47 PM

Sep 2015
you just have to wait a few years for pluto to come out
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Jul 6, 2017 6:55 PM

Jan 2014
Haven't you watched Kemono Friends? That's a true Masterpiece, indeed.

Whoever says otherwise is wrong.
Cuteness > Everything else
Cuteness is Love, Cuteness is Life
Jul 6, 2017 6:58 PM

Jan 2014
SkyFullOfStars said:

Oh look another Gintama anime to add to the top 20.

It won't stop until the top 20 are all Gintama seasons.
Cuteness > Everything else
Cuteness is Love, Cuteness is Life
Jul 6, 2017 7:33 PM

May 2014
I wasn't fond of FMAB tbh and I actually dropped Death Note pretty early on because I got massively spoiled on practically everything that happened.
It didn't sound great so I just gave up.

So, I wouldn't personally call either of those anime masterpieces.
To me, a masterpiece would be something that challenges the way I view anime, despite watching it for so long, or a series that utilizes tropes or knowledge of its target audience so well that is transcends any other anime of the same genre.

When I think of defining a "masterpiece" by those standards, I think of Hunter x Hunter (2011) and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

So the answer to that question is when JoJo Part 5 airs, and when the Dark Continent arc gets animated in another 30 years.

As for the rest, I think maybe My Hero Academia has the chance to be something really special. There's nothing out right now that I can compare it to, and it has that old school Shounen vibe but still manages to be fresh and interesting...this is in the early stages too. I'm interested to see what it could be like in a few more years- if the manga keeps going and we get more anime seasons.

There's great potential there but whether that'll be fulfilled is another kettle of fish.

Tbh though, I feel like really amazing anime seem to pop out of nowhere, or are actually the Dark horses for a while. Just look at Gintama- it nearly got axed god knows how many times and the budget was low af to begin with. JoJo got worse before it got good, and HxH started small and was crafted into something else entirely right under our noses!

I guess what I'm saying is that the good stuff takes time, so aside from sequels god knows what's around the corner- these things tend to creep up on you!

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2017 7:34 PM
Feb 2016
When Eromanga-sensei season 2 and SAO season 3 come out
Jul 6, 2017 7:36 PM

Apr 2011
We already got one, it's called Keijo!!!!!!!!
Jul 6, 2017 7:38 PM
Nov 2016
Kuraokani said:
I started thinking this question after watching Death Note, FMA:B, and Your name.
First off, when I ask this question, I'm not implying that there isn't anime out there already that's equal to/exceeds these shows.

When you look at the score of these anime, you'll see that they are considered near masterpieces by almost everyone that watches them. It doesn't matter if your a seasoned anime consumer or someone that's completely new to the community. These shows are regarded as the best.

Just look at FMA:B. It's got a 9.25. So I'm that aspect, the anime that takes its place as the best would have TO BE a masterpiece. Personally I don't think that will happen. I doubt that a anime series, no matter how good, will ever surpass these shows.

I myself didn't even really like FMA. But with that said, I could not deny that it's near perfect in all categories. Sound, animation, story, characters, every category is great.

So my question to you guys is, Will these titans ever be surpassed? Remember, the only thing to ever surpass a titan, is a god.

Edit: I'm only using MALs rating for these shows as a example. Feel free to check any other anime rating/review site to confirm that said anime are regarded as the best. Keep in mind that I don't care what one region says us the best. I only pay attention to anime rating sites that critics/consumers from all around the world have access to.

These 3 anime (the majority of the time) are regarded as the best of the best (on the majority of sites)

What's that anime in the gif(where the guy gets kicked)?
Jul 6, 2017 7:41 PM
Aug 2010
When we have a full To Aru Majustsu no Index adaptation with the direction of Railgun's Director.
Jul 6, 2017 9:04 PM
Jun 2017
Bootyloova said:
Kuraokani said:
I started thinking this question after watching Death Note, FMA:B, and Your name.
First off, when I ask this question, I'm not implying that there isn't anime out there already that's equal to/exceeds these shows.

When you look at the score of these anime, you'll see that they are considered near masterpieces by almost everyone that watches them. It doesn't matter if your a seasoned anime consumer or someone that's completely new to the community. These shows are regarded as the best.

Just look at FMA:B. It's got a 9.25. So I'm that aspect, the anime that takes its place as the best would have TO BE a masterpiece. Personally I don't think that will happen. I doubt that a anime series, no matter how good, will ever surpass these shows.

I myself didn't even really like FMA. But with that said, I could not deny that it's near perfect in all categories. Sound, animation, story, characters, every category is great.

So my question to you guys is, Will these titans ever be surpassed? Remember, the only thing to ever surpass a titan, is a god.

Edit: I'm only using MALs rating for these shows as a example. Feel free to check any other anime rating/review site to confirm that said anime are regarded as the best. Keep in mind that I don't care what one region says us the best. I only pay attention to anime rating sites that critics/consumers from all around the world have access to.

These 3 anime (the majority of the time) are regarded as the best of the best (on the majority of sites)

What's that anime in the gif(where the guy gets kicked)?
A certain magical index (I think that's it's name)
Jul 6, 2017 9:06 PM
Jun 2017
Clayer said:
When Eromanga-sensei season 2 and SAO season 3 come out
Nice joke I also agree 10/10
Jul 6, 2017 9:07 PM
Jun 2017
Itachi_0893 said:
When we have a full To Aru Majustsu no Index adaptation with the direction of Railgun's Director.
I've been watching that but I'm finding it quite boring. The arcs are roughly strung together as well
Jul 6, 2017 9:16 PM

Oct 2016
when they adapt the Silver Soul Arc in Gintama, it will beat 2015 so at least rank2 in the top 10.
Jul 7, 2017 12:21 AM

Nov 2015
I can list a few potential candidates:

Jojo Part 7
OPM S2
Steins;Gate 0
Pluto
Violet Evergarden
Mob Psycho S2
FLCL and LoGH remakes, under the hands of competent produces, may have the potential to attain masterpiece status as well.
Code Geass S3, but there's also the possibility of it being panned for being a cheap cash-in.
HxH: Dark Continent, but we'll have to wait a millenium to get there
sugasweetnitmareJul 7, 2017 12:26 AM
✧༝┉˚*❋ ❋*˚┉༝✧

鼻をくすぐるGunpowder & Smoke
ジャララ飛び交うEmpty gun cartridges
紅いヒールに見惚れて うっかり風穴欲しいヤツは 挙手をしな

・゚✧*:・゚✧ 🍰 ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ♡‧₊˚

✧༝┉˚*❋ ❋*˚┉༝✧

Jul 7, 2017 12:27 AM

Jul 2016
>Kimi no Na Wa
>Masterpiece

Please, this isn't the time for jokes.

I hope for an SBR anime.
Pluto is good and with the right conditions can be amazing.
Jul 7, 2017 6:02 AM
Aug 2010
Kuraokani said:
Itachi_0893 said:
I've been watching that but I'm finding it quite boring. The arcs are roughly strung together as well

It is not a perfect adaptation of the source material, and as I said in my comment, the direction of Raigun's director is way better than Index director, for reference you can compare the third arc of the first season of Index with the first arc of the second season of Raigun (which is the same arc but with different viewpoints).

But what comes after what has been adapted is what makes the source material be above almost every other light novel in terms of quality. As you said, the arcs are seemingly all over the place, but after what was adapted in the second season something like a major arc made out of smaller arcs starts to develop. The best part of the source material is the world building made by the author.
Jul 7, 2017 6:05 AM

May 2013
We already had one that started last years called Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu but nobody watched it
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

» Do you consider yourself a honorary Japanese?

Dragevard - 10 hours ago

40 by KittenCuddler »»
3 minutes ago

» How often can you accurately guess a person's gender based on their favorite anime?

Ejrodiew - Oct 15

19 by Deathko »»
4 minutes ago

» Which childhood abilities did you deem unimpressive but now get interested in?

SgtBateMan - 9 hours ago

6 by Leonardo36 »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you enjoy seeing anime characters suffer?

Ejrodiew - 8 hours ago

29 by sbyrstall2 »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Favorite Brand New Anime Franchises of 2024

FriendlyPaw - Oct 18

30 by UberBat »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.