Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Shiina vs Aoyama
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »
May 16, 2013 12:09 AM

Apr 2013
I'm not one for tsunderes, but Aoyama wins it for me. Why anyone would like Shiina is beyond me. Realistically, she's the type of person I wouldn't want to be friends with, she's pretty annoying and she has a very shallow personality and only appealing part about her is her looks but its not to say Aoyama's tsundereness isn't bad but, she has a bit of a brighter, and cuter personality IMO, and she was the perfect for Sorata.
May 16, 2013 12:20 AM

Feb 2011
Mashiroooo!! Wow I'm not fan of this kind of girls, but she is so cute and I like her so hard!

Amazing anime, with great cast of characters, some dramatic moments, so NICE REALLY!
Jul 11, 2013 8:17 AM

May 2013
I prefer Aoyama, but I also like Mashiro.
Jul 11, 2013 9:28 PM

May 2010
This series is SO much like Toradora! The girl who just needs a friend becomes the love interest, while the mature girl (Aoyama) who is clearly superior loses out.

Aoyama is so much cuter, and a more interesting person to boot. And yes, I was rooting for Ami in Toradora.
Jul 12, 2013 12:36 AM

Nov 2012
aoyama :/
that moment when aoyama doesn't tell her true feeling.. this scene is make me really bad mood :/
Jul 12, 2013 9:07 AM

May 2013
makarov52 said:
that moment when aoyama doesn't tell her true feeling.. this scene is make me really bad mood :/

Yeah I know how you feel man, I just watched that episode, I thought she was going to confess her love, but she didn't...I went from happy, to sad, then ended up being mad.
Jul 25, 2013 6:06 PM

Mar 2013
avengersaint said:
makarov52 said:

Yeah I know how you feel man, I just watched that episode, I thought she was going to confess her love, but she didn't...I went from happy, to sad, then ended up being mad.

Me too! I wanted Sorata to be with Mashiro, but at least Nanami could've let him know her true feelings.

Tough choice between them, but I've gotta say Mashiron~.
Jul 26, 2013 4:32 PM

May 2013
Love both girls, but Shiina will get my vote.
Jul 27, 2013 7:57 AM

May 2013
Despite what it might look like <.< (<----------- yes I know)

I'm gonna go with Aoyama, sweetest girl, so cute :P

But it keeps changing so...yeah...I have it pretty tough guys XD
Jul 27, 2013 8:03 AM

Dec 2012
Hmmm. A terrible shallow character who is only appeal is her looks (fan-service) or a decent character that actually has some personality and is kinda realistic. Tough choice.
Beric said:
This series is SO much like Toradora!

Don't insult Toradora.
Jul 28, 2013 11:03 AM

Aug 2010
To be honest I like both. They are both good in their own ways. Voted for Aoyama though since she's the underdog.
Jul 29, 2013 8:43 AM

Jul 2013
tsudecimo said:
Hmmm. A terrible shallow character who is only appeal is her looks (fan-service) or a decent character that actually has some personality and is kinda realistic. Tough choice.

Mashiro seems like a kuudere to me. Which means, her emotionless and cluelessness of almost everything around her is her personality.
Jul 29, 2013 8:53 AM

Dec 2012
My_Name_Sucks said:
tsudecimo said:

Mashiro seems like a kuudere to me. Which means, her emotionless and cluelessness of almost everything around her is her personality.

Huh? the first part was describing Shiina and the second Aoyama. Shiina doesn't have a personality she is just a walking trope with nothing new in it, she is generic.
Jul 29, 2013 1:42 PM

Oct 2012
tsudecimo said:
My_Name_Sucks said:
tsudecimo said:

Huh? the first part was describing Shiina and the second Aoyama. Shiina doesn't have a personality she is just a walking trope with nothing new in it, she is generic.
Actually, you don't really find too many autistic-like characters in anime. And I'm pretty sure he knows which characters you're describing.
Jul 29, 2013 1:52 PM

Dec 2012
A/ She is not autistic or autistic-like (w/e that means), I can't believe you are saying that about a character you like.
B/ She is a dandere/emotionless character trope. You can find those anywhere.
C/ She is generic as in she flows the character archetype to the T. She doesn't have any personality or characteristics outside of her being dandere/emotionless
D/She is a bad character with terrible development who is used for fan-service and comedy. She is not believable or realistic, she is there to serve some kind of pet fetish.

Well this is a rom/com LN adaption who am I kidding. Shallow characters is exactly what sells this stuff, mhm.
Jul 29, 2013 2:25 PM

Oct 2012
So you're saying it's a negative to say a character behaves like an autistic? I like her mainly BECAUSE of her personality. Because to an extent, her personality is comparable to that of an autistic person. A character archetype that actually exists in reality. Not saying she is one though (because it was never clarified). You can say she is dandere/emotionless, but saying she has no personality other than that is something I have to disagree with. But whatever. I'm not here to change your opinion, because that's almost impossible to do.
Aug 5, 2013 7:59 AM

Jul 2013
At the start of this series I can honestly say that I really liked Mahiro, I get to about ep 12 onwards and I start to change a bit. I started to feel like Aoyoma was perfect for the male protag. because, I mean come on they've known each other for awhile now, Mahiro just barges it and crap and instantly gets the guy.
I'm slightly pissed at why it was Mahiro and not Aoyoma but like, it was still a great anime overall. Why couldn't he have just started his own harem instead so I wouldn't have to pick one...
Aug 5, 2013 8:06 AM

Nov 2012
I'd like to prefer aoyama :p
Aug 5, 2013 8:07 AM
Jun 2013
I prefer Shiina, which is kind of surprising to me since I usually prefer a tsundere character over a dandere.

By the way I just love how offended people get when the male protagonist doesn't choose the girl they prefer. Well, I guess I am not the one to talk.
Aug 5, 2013 2:58 PM

Sep 2011
Xelythia said:
At the start of this series I can honestly say that I really liked Mahiro, I get to about ep 12 onwards and I start to change a bit. I started to feel like Aoyoma was perfect for the male protag. because, I mean come on they've known each other for awhile now, Mahiro just barges it and crap and instantly gets the guy.

I hope that's not the sole reason you said she is perfect for him, I mean knowing each other for a long time doesn't necessarily mean that she would be perfect for him. That's not really how love works :S
Not saying I have a problem with you prefering Nanami though :D
Aug 6, 2013 7:11 PM

May 2009
Xelythia said:
AMahiro just barges it and crap and instantly gets the guy.

Blame retarded director, in LN she hasn't crush on Sorata from start of story. Shiina was first girl introduced.
Aug 9, 2013 9:06 AM
Jul 2010
Voted Aoyama, because I don't like empty/emotionless characters such as Shiina.
Aug 9, 2013 10:55 PM

Oct 2012
Voted for Mashiro because she just chimes in with Sorata better for me.
Aug 15, 2013 1:06 PM

Jan 2013
Mashiro is a dumb husk.

Why does a cartoon being pretty make them "better" for so many people.
Aug 19, 2013 12:02 AM

Jan 2012
Shiina
Aug 19, 2013 4:52 AM

Jul 2010
Shiina is more practical. Throughout the entire anime, I've always felt that Aoyama is the third wheel.
オタクなんじゃねぃよ
I'm not an otaku.
Aug 19, 2013 1:14 PM

Aug 2013
Shiina. But I`d prefer if they made a separate anime for Ryuunosuke and Rita. I cant be the only one who thinks this. I loved them both and i want to see more of their relationship. =)

I know that Rita was a bitch and she also pissed me off with her whining of how Shiina was better, but in the end Ryuunosuke said exactly what I was thinking at that time so, yeah. =)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2013 1:23 PM

Aug 2013
tsudman said:
My_Name_Sucks said:
tsudecimo said:

Well, isn't being "Normal" also generic? xD You think Shiina is just for fanservice, but they do need to make her appealing since she is a MC after all. Also, she is in the story so that her character can change. Whether its for good or for bad.

This is my own personal opinion though. Feel free to agree or disagree.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2013 9:02 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
o.O Aoyama has 43% votes? That's kinda... shockingly high to me

I mean there was nothing wrong with her specifically, but Shiina was a quite unique and interesting lead heroine, would never even consider not picking her *shrug*
Aug 24, 2013 9:42 AM

Oct 2012
HaXXspetten said:
o.O Aoyama has 43% votes? That's kinda... shockingly high to me

I mean there was nothing wrong with her specifically, but Shiina was a quite unique and interesting lead heroine, would never even consider not picking her *shrug*
you should have seen the votes right after this thread was made. Aoyama had like 30 something percent, while shiina had like 60 something percent. Lots of people hated Aoyama at the beginning, but then her fandom grew much more as the series progressed.
Aug 24, 2013 10:22 AM

Aug 2013
SolviteSekai said:
Mashiro is a dumb husk.

Why do you think its just because she is pretty? Sure she is not an original character but in terms of who is more fun to watch and different, it definitely is Shiina. Character like Aoyama is in every single romance anime.
Aug 24, 2013 1:01 PM

Jan 2013
It is a bit of a trick question ... Of course in real life Aoyama would be the perfect girl and Shiina a cute but really irritating burden.

But in the anime, Aoyama is a banal character and Shiina's feelings and evolution are what makes the plot interesting.
FeupyAug 25, 2013 3:49 AM
Aug 24, 2013 1:30 PM

Aug 2013
Forgetfulness said:
MrRazzleDazzle said:
SolviteSekai said:
Mashiro is a dumb husk.

Why do you think its just because she is pretty? Sure she is not an original character but in terms of who is more fun to watch and different, it definitely is Shiina. Character like Aoyama is in every single romance anime.

Nice contradiction.

Shiina is not a typical character in Romance animes, sure there are a lot of examples of this character.
Aoyamas character is in every romance/comedy anime.

And yet, I still dont think i said it correctly. Sorry, not really the best at explaining what I mean.
Aug 24, 2013 3:42 PM

Apr 2009
Shiina, though I'm only on ep 6.. Might change by the end.
Aug 25, 2013 4:45 AM

Aug 2013
i prefer aoyama then
but why misaki was not included on this poll anyway?
*insert philosophical quote here*
Aug 25, 2013 10:33 AM

Apr 2013
I couldn't help but feel annoyed by Aoyamas presence throughout the whole show. I don't even like the braindead, emotionless types like Shiina, but something about how the show was written just felt like Aoyama was just 3rd wheel all the time and forever friend zoned. On top of that I found her "perfect" character rather annoying, but I just always hate "perfect" character archetypes. I felt like she lacked an individual personality quirk like the rest of the students at Sakurasou.

She didn't belong in the dorm, or with Sorata, or in the show at all imo.
Aug 26, 2013 5:41 PM

Aug 2013
I think Shiina is a little closer to me than Aoyama. I really like both of them (in many others anime someone i like more and someone less, but that's not the case, they both are really very good i guess), but something in Shiina makes her more admirable for me (or something like that). I even don't know how to express this feeling correctly, but she is more attractive in some way.
Aug 28, 2013 1:39 AM

May 2009
Awakezzz said:
but something about how the show was written just felt like Aoyama was just 3rd wheel all the time and forever friend zoned. On top of that I found her "perfect" character rather annoying, but I just always hate "perfect" character archetypes. I felt like she lacked an individual personality quirk like the rest of the students at Sakurasou.

Because she was. Director forced her into almost everywhere against source material.
Aug 28, 2013 3:25 PM

Aug 2013
Well I just finished watching and I would choose Aoyama. Shiina was cute but I can't stand on kuudere characters that much. Aoyama is more like a real girlfriend you would like to meet even so Shiina will win this poll because of slight fanservice
Aug 28, 2013 3:32 PM

Jul 2012
Kyon warned us of those darn ponytails.
Aug 28, 2013 3:35 PM

Dec 2012
I would go with Shiina over Aoyama. Like Shiina's character better over all and Aoyama is just like any other tsundere character really. In terms of looks, i would say that Shiina is above Aoyama there as well : )
Aug 28, 2013 11:36 PM
Aug 2013
as much as i love both characters i would choose shina and it isn't very close

Why?

because although i admire Aoyama not losing hope until right at the end i think she did give up eventually and as well as that shiina is dependent on him also i think she is better looking and i think that given time her character will grow in terms of emotional depth, because at the moment (no hate towards shiina) she has the emotional capacity of a shut-in brick
Aug 30, 2013 8:06 PM

Apr 2013
Forgetfulness said:
Awakezzz said:
I couldn't help but feel annoyed by Aoyamas presence throughout the whole show. I don't even like the braindead, emotionless types like Shiina, but something about how the show was written just felt like Aoyama was just 3rd wheel all the time and forever friend zoned. On top of that I found her "perfect" character rather annoying, but I just always hate "perfect" character archetypes. I felt like she lacked an individual personality quirk like the rest of the students at Sakurasou.

How is Aoyama perfect? She tries her hardest and doesn't even get a job. Boom, 2 years of your high school life are gone right there

Maybe you meant Shiina, who doesn't apply for a job but gets companies begging for her art anyway.

It's not about jobs really, just the archetype of character. Aoyama is hard working, nice, capable on her own, good looking, has feeling for the main character unconditionally, and doesn't have any noticeable character flaws. Or at least if she does, they aren't explored in the show really. By all means she's a 'typical' perfect anime girl.

Shiina on the other hand, cant do anything by herself, is a horrible communicator, lacks people skills on an absurd level, doesn't understand her own emotions at all, and is just overall not a very functioning individual without relying on the extreme aid of others. Her ability to create art is about the only thing she's good at.
Aug 9, 2015 5:57 AM
Aug 2015
Aoyama
Sep 6, 2015 2:10 AM
Jul 2015
shiina because she change sorata life!
in episode 1 even aoyama excist in sorata life he's still bored..and he meet pure white girl and change he's life !!
Sep 8, 2015 8:36 AM
May 2015
Lol the title says it all from the beginning. But of course each is entitled to his own opinion, and my favor goes to Aoyama.

IMO, "weird" girls being the main heroine is more attractive for better plot than the normal/realistic ones. Though while being weird, they make up for it by being "moe" (Rikka, Nagisa, Mizuki, Taiga, Roka). It's what makes the story interesting right? That's why this is fiction.

While realistic/mature characters are a benchmark for what's being normal, so the viewers can see both sides of the coin, and make the weird ones more appealing. Even though in reality all guys would date the 2nd girl any day(Takao, Tomoyo, Minami, Minorin, Takao).

So yeah, Shiina and Aoyama are both great characters that appeals to the viewers both in fiction and reality. ~ just my 2-cent xD
HamBaconEggSep 8, 2015 9:03 AM
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2012

289 by Nayasianboy »»
May 21, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

641 by Wholesome_Seeker »»
May 13, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2013

402 by HandSonicPlayer »»
May 4, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2012

246 by Kristhian1_ »»
May 1, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.