Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 16, 2017 6:16 AM
Jan 2015
ALL HAIL THE HUMAN KING !! :D
Am i the only one who like this character even when he is evil . He is perfect guy - rich , handsome , powerful , strong . He is just badass
Sep 17, 2017 2:50 AM
Mar 2012
Cute date, really 'humanizes' Charioce, goes beyond usual antagonist. Hopefully his romance is 'real' and not a scheme. But this might change stuff btw Nina & Azazel.
Slave boss seems to know her weakness tho.
Nina faces & ducky lol
Mappa's splendid dances vs ballroom, ehh what's with the huge skill gap.
Oct 2, 2017 8:11 AM

Oct 2010
Those expressions of Nina's continue to be one of the selling points of the series.

On another matter, what are the odds that slaver's henchmen would ALL be handsome buff young men instead of ugly brutes?
Oct 25, 2017 7:15 PM

Feb 2014
i don't know if I will be able to endure more this thing about Nina getting all excited over a guy... seriously... so annoying. It's all the time.. ALL THE TIME.

Ah... so sad... and it is an anime which I enjoyed so much the first season...
Nov 10, 2017 12:05 AM

Sep 2012
oh Nina, this hole ep i couldn't catch a breath i was laughing so much XD

Vi- said:
i don't know if I will be able to endure more this thing about Nina getting all excited over a guy... seriously... so annoying. It's all the time.. ALL THE TIME.

Ah... so sad... and it is an anime which I enjoyed so much the first season...

its hilarious her getting exited so often XD

deadoptimist said:
A HAPPY CHARIOCE WITH A LITTLE PEPPER < this
^
this

Tho they do need to explain him. He doesn't emote much when not glaring, so he is a bit boring to watch despite being very hot. And he is too bipolar, I mean:
when at work: Imma kill your race, you and your kid, my troops dying but I don't care, don't oppose me, shut the hell up, more dominance, more kill.
when not at work: Here, young lady, let me return this little pepper I misplaced yesterday when I saved you and gathered your stuff, also let me dance with your in a really caring and sweet way.
What's his deal? Whose grave that is? Why he is always alone in his castle? It's good that he thinks about Kaisar's words at least.

Can't get enough of that dance sequence, even if some linework was wobbly during the episode. And it's not many shows that will (or can) animate the crowd during festival episodes.

Nina and Charioce look great together, but it has ocurred to me that besides the ideological clash they have an uncomfortable age difference - Charioce should be around 25, that's a 10 years gap. Well... at least Nina's first love was of some quality.
The way, I currently hope, they'll develop this is Mugaro messing up the king's plan, but Nina saving humans in the end, because of her love.

There were also some great details - Kaisar's zombi hand standing fingers folded as if it was a human, the amount of security during the festival, the four-eyed snake, the king's portrait.

I love how flawed yet lively Nina is.The team being parents was adorable too.
Also I can't help but be reminded of this strip by Oglaf:

Szadek23 said:
Looks like Chariot knows about what Nina is and how her power works.
This supports my theory that he is a Dragon/Half-Dragon himself. It would certainly explain quite a bit.

Why do you think that he knows?
Yeah, there's a possibility that he also is a half-dragon, that would explain his physical power. Tho it looks like a part of the answer is that green mineral in his bracelet.

did u forget he stole power from the gods & its possible hes bracelet gives him STR unless he was able to get the power in to himself

valvravetruth said:
Omg Nina eyes straight with Azazel and no feeling? Nina and (king)Chris's romance might be short live, by looking at final pv,
gust11 said:
valvravetruth said:
Omg Nina eyes straight with Azazel and no feeling? Nina and (king)Chris's romance might be short live, by looking at final pv,
Yeah that sucks, but at the same time I'm all for it because looking at Nina and Jeanne d'Arc interactions, it seems it'll be an awesome experience

king is to smart to trow her in to dung he will try to win her over + no dung can hold her

okiPotemkin said:

"she's got a big chest for a brat" lol bacchus for best dad

that was hilarious that & when duck said she mite come back all grown up XD

Talcon said:
This is where I get off the ride. A girl gets attacked by slavers, but she can't fight back because she's... attracted to the men attacked her. I wanna say that again. A girl is kicked and grabbed by the collar, and all she can think about is just how CUTE her attempted rapists are.

No. Stuff that noise. Maybe this is a cultural thing and a Japanese audience doesn't mind, but this offends me on a level that I just can't forgive.

Dropped like the fist of the north star

then u miss a fun ride
rest of the anime is good & u just drop it cause of one thing BAAAAAAKA

silversaint said:
this shows dance scenes are a 10/10

Talcon said:
This is where I get off the ride. A girl gets attacked by slavers, but she can't fight back because she's... attracted to the men attacked her. I wanna say that again. A girl is kicked and grabbed by the collar, and all she can think about is just how CUTE her attempted rapists are.

No. Stuff that noise. Maybe this is a cultural thing and a Japanese audience doesn't mind, but this offends me on a level that I just can't forgive.

it looked to me that they were trying to beat her up (an well they dont have the strenght to hurt her) an not raping her, this show doesnt look like type to have a rape attempt

i agree

i guess hes mind is messed up twisted sees rape attempt where there is none XD
Sugram22Nov 10, 2017 12:44 AM
Nov 10, 2017 8:05 AM

Oct 2016
Sugram22 said:

then u miss a fun ride
rest of the anime is good & u just drop it cause of one thing BAAAAAAKA

I sleep well at night
Mar 27, 2018 2:38 PM

Feb 2015
i really like hamosa.
so from the peppers, the man in disguise really is the king.
the date scene as rather cute.
"She might come back all grown up!" LMAO SHUT UP HAMOSA
the dance animation is so beautiful.
the plot is already moving so quickly and then show isn't even near halfway done. that worries me.

Anime-is-King said:
Nina was hella horny throughout the episode lol. The art and animation was on point!

LOL

Talcon said:

she doesn't view them as a problem since she is stronger than them which is why she can focus on their looks. imagine being attacked by 12 puppies, would you be terrified?
Mar 27, 2018 8:24 PM

Oct 2016
TomDay said:

she doesn't view them as a problem since she is stronger than them which is why she can focus on their looks. imagine being attacked by 12 puppies, would you be terrified?

Are these 12 puppies trying to forcibly sexually assault me? Oh, how adorable! And she got saved by a man, despite being so very, very strong
Mar 27, 2018 11:04 PM

Feb 2015
Talcon said:
TomDay said:

Are these 12 puppies trying to forcibly sexually assault me? Oh, how adorable! And she got saved by a man, despite being so very, very strong

so you're ignoring that they put no threat to her. okay.
Mar 30, 2018 5:12 PM

Oct 2016
TomDay said:

I'm saying in the context of what was going on she should have either been thinking to herself "I should beat up these jerks!" OR "Aw, these jerks think they can hurt me!", and NOT "These jerks are so cute!". In the scene, her "omg these guys are so hot" is portrayed as if it was making her weaker. If my memory serves, I believe they knocked her to the ground and kicked her? Not exactly something you let happen when you're in control of the situation.
Mar 31, 2018 9:53 AM

Feb 2015
Talcon said:
TomDay said:

I'm saying in the context of what was going on she should have either been thinking to herself "I should beat up these jerks!" OR "Aw, these jerks think they can hurt me!", and NOT "These jerks are so cute!". In the scene, her "omg these guys are so hot" is portrayed as if it was making her weaker.

maybe because it WAS making her weaker???????

her powers weren't going to stop working just because the guys were hurting her. if they're hot they're hot. being a jerk doesn't take away one's looks. the rules are simple and straightforward. good looking = dragon. there's no complexities, no exclusivities, no double standards. it's not promoting or not saying harassing a girl - ANYONE - is okay.
Apr 1, 2018 2:29 PM

Oct 2016
TomDay said:

maybe because it WAS making her weaker???????

Why did she need to be saved if they posed no threat? Why is a woman showing weakness to rapists?

TomDay said:
it's not promoting or not saying harassing a girl - ANYONE - is okay.

The show is not showing due respect to a serious issue.
Apr 1, 2018 3:30 PM

Feb 2015
Talcon said:

Why did she need to be saved if they posed no threat? Why is a woman showing weakness to rapists?

you're acting like her power isn't the reason why she was weakened. that's...some amazing ignoring powers.

The show is not showing due respect to a serious issue.

you have no proof on that whatsoever, a girl who gets weak at handsome faces got weak at handsome faces and yet that's a problem for you. well that's your problem, not the show's.
Apr 1, 2018 4:03 PM

Oct 2016
TomDay said:

you're acting like her power isn't the reason why she was weakened. that's...some amazing ignoring powers.

She was weakened... because she saw attractive men. That's the reason. That's not really up for dispute.

TomDay said:
you have no proof on that whatsoever

How would I go about objectively proving true a subjective concept such as respect? This doesn't make sense.

TomDay said:
well that's your problem, not the show's.

It's the shows' problem in that I'm judging the show more harshly because of my view on what constitutes a good way to feature violence against women.
Apr 3, 2018 9:16 PM

Oct 2017
Enjoying the series so far, even without having seen the previous series it's quite entertaining....
But......
Is it just me or is there a high Disney element to this show?
I mean, even Donald Duck seems to have a role in this.......
It kind of resembles the feel and look of some classic Disney movie before they went too deep into CGI at times,.... (not saying it's a bad thing.... I ám enjoying it nevertheless. ;) )

Apr 8, 2018 10:13 PM

Feb 2015
Talcon said:
TomDay said:

She was weakened... because she saw attractive men. That's the reason. That's not really up for dispute.

the drop it. that's all. it's not that deep.

How would I go about objectively proving true a subjective concept such as respect? This doesn't make sense.

subjective as anything is, there's a general ground on where it is. and you don't even have the basic grounds of the show not respecting women.

It's the shows' problem in that I'm judging the show more harshly because of my view on what constitutes a good way to feature violence against women.

lmao like i said, it's a personal problem, it's not some general fact. it's you. but whatever. SFLR btw
Apr 8, 2018 10:55 PM

Oct 2016
TomDay said:

the drop it. that's all. it's not that deep.

I did drop it :]]]]]]

subjective as anything is, there's a general ground on where it is. and you don't even have the basic grounds of the show not respecting women.

This also doesn't make sense. Respect is a subjective thing. And I have no idea what this concept of "general ground" is. It's all opinions. None of it is right or wrong. Don't dress it up like something more.

lmao like i said, it's a personal problem,

You're right it's my personal problem with the show, which is why I gave it my own personal critique, and my own personal score!

it's not some general fact.

When did I ever say my opinion was a fact?

SFLR btw

Feel free to stop while you're behind
Sep 4, 2019 10:50 AM

Jul 2015
Rip Bacchus for being treated like a pervert

Nina and Charioce actually look pretty good together, despite them not knowing each others secret, and one of them being the cause of mass murder

Dec 22, 2019 3:21 AM

Jul 2013
Not sure how I feel about Nina's constant thirst for handsome men now. It was pretty funny at first but now it just seems stupid af that she would even show that weakness to men who are obviously complete scum. The whole scene where she was being beaten down by those assholes and she couldn't fight back because they were good looking made me wanna pull my hair out.

Other than that, this episode is pretty great. I like those moments with Nina and Charioce especially the dancing part. It was well-animated. The movements were fluid. They both looked cute af.

Azazel is preparing for an attack in the background while Kaisar tries to stop him. Lets see where this goes from here.
May 7, 2020 11:45 AM

Mar 2010
Nina is too innocent to blindly fall in love with some dude she has only seen once or thrice.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 18, 2020 7:29 PM

Aug 2018
I literally threw up when seeing Nina dance with the king. so disgusting, I hate them both so much. The most disgusting couple in all of anime?

Jun 13, 2021 5:34 PM

Jun 2016
Damn, Chris is a smooth operator. He unintentionally has Nina in the palm of his hand, lol. The faces Nina makes are priceless. I don't know about any other show, but this is kinda the first time I've seen a character like Nina.

Azazel setting up a master plan to kill Charioce (gonna call him Chris from now on, lol), with Nina being at the centre of it. Without knowing it, Nina has found herself in the middle of the conflict.

Good attempt at redemption Bacchus, tho Nina isn't gonna forgive ya that easy.

Oct 5, 2021 12:09 PM
Nov 2020
I kept repeating watching this scene when they dance and during the ball...It makes me feel happy ...as if the two had no worries despite they have different personality ..im so thankful the king meets nina, she made his heart SMILES...
Mar 3, 2022 5:13 AM
Jul 2021
Que episódio divertido de se assistir, até o momento para min tá 10/10 e espero que continue sendo 10/10
Apr 24, 2022 6:34 AM

Sep 2018
Nina is so out of it lol, not many female characters like her in anime, so this is a funny sight to behold, watching her fumble around like this.

And so far, I'm liking her much more than Favaro, who was simply OK for me.
GakutoDeathGlareApr 24, 2022 6:40 AM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2017

316 by Xxbrunoguerra »»
Mar 12, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2017

99 by latght »»
Dec 12, 2023 4:06 PM

» When does this epic series return?

NexCore - Apr 7, 2022

8 by GraviticF7L »»
Oct 7, 2023 7:20 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2017

112 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 21, 2023 3:45 PM

» A Question..

L-Lawliet7 - Feb 9, 2023

2 by Aotfangirl »»
Feb 15, 2023 6:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.