Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 12, 2017 8:14 AM
May 2017
I always like the episodes with Natori in it. This episode was sad but beautiful, especially when the shiki tried to speak with Takuma.

Mod edit: added spoiler tag
BarnaldApr 7, 2019 4:04 AM
May 12, 2017 8:46 AM
Mar 2013
Uwaaahhh being able to see them is bad but not able to see them is not good too. I feel those shiki, when someone you know and you really like can't hear or see you anymore, it so heartbreaking crying never will be enough T-T

Natori please, I don't want you to go sneaking around behind Natsume, I want you to hear directly from him just please wait for that. When finally Natsume have someone he can consult and trust don't you dare do that to him.

Well I know Natori just actually want Natsume to become just a normal boy, he decided that Book of Friends are just too dangerous for him because he cares for him, but you know, Natsume also said this, because he can hear and see them that's why. Plus Yuujinchou is his grandmother's, that's the most reason he have to own it.
May 12, 2017 9:36 PM

Aug 2016
That was a great episode! It surpassed all my hopes and expectations.

Natori at the end though, that was something that was going to happen sooner or later. I know loads of people seem to think that Natori may betray Natsume, but really, Natori's just extremely talented at coming across somewhat concieted, smug and two-faced - when as a matter of fact it's plain to the eye that he's actually a good person. He looks out for Natsume, and he's all too aware that it is far, far too easy to get in it above your head when it comes to the world of Youkai. My opinion is that there will be, yes, a confrontation of sorts, but an all-rounded well-meaning one.

Next episode looks great, I can already see the character development there.... looking forward to next week.
May 13, 2017 12:53 AM
Apr 2013
Super great two episodes w/ the kind of ending that Natsume Yuujinchou is so good at.

But also Natori w/ that bit at the end. I really hope he doesn't betray Natsume! Natsume just got settled and is finally living the life he deserves
May 13, 2017 2:28 AM
Jun 2013
Never liked this Nattori guy much, somewhat two faced, I estimate the chance of him betraying Natsume to be 80% positive.
May 14, 2017 12:20 AM

Jan 2013
That ending was a bit ominous, but everything else worked out nicely.
May 15, 2017 10:42 AM

Dec 2010
Is it just me or is there something off about the direction of the episodes in this season? The camerawork is awkward and the scenes don't blend in well together.
May 16, 2017 7:25 PM
Jan 2017
when Takuma san said that Natori change (in good way), I think so, too...
but when Natori give a mission to Urihime to find out what Natsume keep and hiding, I wonder what Takuma mean...
Natori in last scene, is like going to be like Matoba Seiji - the cold, unemotional exorcist.
I hope Natori and Natsume wouldn't be enemy in future...

Pknoctis said:
Is it just me or is there something off about the direction of the episodes in this season? The camerawork is awkward and the scenes don't blend in well together.

Yes, I feel it too, the voice and pictures is not match too (too much laggy, is about half second). it's not best season of Natsume Yuujinchou (based on animation).
meilyMay 16, 2017 7:28 PM
May 29, 2017 4:33 PM

Aug 2015
Thanks Natsume Yuujinchou. I didn't need these feels today.
May 30, 2017 2:04 AM
Nov 2013
Hmmm I wonder if that lizard is slowly taking control over Natori. Fortunately it seems that Hiiragi is ready to warn Natsume in advance.

I was a little dissapointed that the cliffhanger from last ep was gone so quickly but rest of the episode made up for that.
Jun 2, 2017 6:28 AM
Oct 2007
This episode is just so sad.. so touching.. and so beautiful in the meantime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 2, 2017 9:29 PM

Mar 2016
I really don't like Natori's tone of voice in the end there...it sounded a bit threatening, and directed towards Natsume. I do find it hard to believe that Natori doesn't know about the Book of Friends yet, though, seeing as like every youkai knows about it.

Am I the only one who doesn't trust Natori? I never have, and I want to, but somethings I just can't get past. I still want to know what the deal with the lizard is. Went back and read through all the comments...lots of people thinking Natori will take it in an effort to help Natsume. I don't know about that :/ Sometimes he seems nice, but others I'm not so sure if he really has the best intentions towards Natsume. Seems like he doesn't think Natsume is competent enough, or he just doesn't want to believe Natsume is powerful in his own way.
BlondieJun 2, 2017 9:37 PM
Jun 18, 2017 8:16 PM
Nov 2012
I don't think Natori would outright fight Natsume, but given his own priorities, it might be exactly like he said in the end.
If the book is something he deems to be to dangerous for Natsume to possess, he could be trying to take it away from him.

I read part of a discussion on reddit about this and what I found the funniest is how many thought Hiiragi would side with Natsume.

Get a clue people.
a) Hiiragi is absolutely loyal to Natori, she's basically in love with him.
b) the bound youkai don't even have the option to disagree. In the end, they are practically slaves to the ones they have the contract with. I mean, come one, that was part of what was going on in those two episodes, that despite being friends and comrades to some, the familiars are servants.
Jun 28, 2017 11:28 AM
Feb 2011
Great episode. A little bit of suspense, thrill and the usual bittersweet feeling with an overarching plot line. I hope they give us more episodes like this and I'd really like to see what's Natori going to become. He probably means well, but after all, he told Natsume he would wait until Natsume's ready to tell him but then go on and do this.
Jun 28, 2017 6:02 PM

May 2012
Lovely ending to this two parter! Quite loved the whole progression and that ending sure was interesting! Looking forward to see what's next!
Jul 3, 2017 6:36 AM

Oct 2014
Each episode, this show keeps reminding me how good it is...

Jul 4, 2017 8:27 AM

Oct 2012
I guess that's a bit sad end :(
At least Takuma and his daughter are happy together now

Natori please don't :(

Next episode, it's Natsume's 2 besties time!
"Signature removed"
Jul 30, 2017 9:04 PM

Jan 2012
AHHHH NATORIIIII NOOOOOO
Aug 26, 2017 12:42 PM

Mar 2012
Definitely the best episode of the season so far, couldn't help but tear up when the Yokai was trying to convince Takuma to let him be by his side again even though Takuma couldn't hear or see it when it was right in front of him. The flashback of the last time he was able to see them was pretty sad as well :(

As for the ending, they did my Natori look a bit suspicious but that's probably just to mess with people. I doubt the guy has bad intentions, especially with Natsume who seems to be his closest friend.
Aug 31, 2017 6:52 AM

Mar 2015
Awwwh in the end they just wanted to be by their master's side..

Aww shit. Looks like Natori's onto him!!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 6, 2017 7:19 PM

Jan 2017
Natori nooooo. You were one of my faves but now you gotta go and potentially screw things up.

im weeb trash

Jan 19, 2018 9:29 PM

Nov 2007
These two double episodes were so good! So he really didn't hear about the book of friends, huh?

I think Natori is ordering Urihime for the sake of Natsume but it might make things worse. Why do I think Hiiragi will play a part later in the story because she owes Natsume and the only one of the three familiars who seems to have a soft spot for Natsume.

Also, Taki's forbidden circle go mentioned yet again. I don't want the clans to know that she knows such a technique.

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 10, 2018 3:14 PM

Feb 2013
What a sad one.
The youkai wanted to be useful, but he can't hear or see them anymore.
Natori, don't mess with the yuujinchou!
Apr 27, 2021 10:44 AM

Dec 2012
Seeing the familiar desperately trying to earn Takuma's approval was quite tear-jerking. Even when the youkai are weirdly shaped or look funny, their purest feelings are expressed with sincere clarity.

I'm definitely interested in what will happen if Natori discovers the Book of Friends. Given his nature, I think he might want to take it out of concern for Natsume rather than self-interest. The way that Natsume & Natori has gotten closer through the seasons while still having that unspoken distance has certainly led to this.
May 6, 2021 6:46 PM

Feb 2014
Welp, so much for all that talk about "changing". So Natori was trash all along? Maybe Hiiragi will set him straight if he tries something, since she likes Natsume quite a bit and wants her master to become a better person.

As for the main story, I honestly couldn't care less. They made that smiley face youkai so creepy during these two episodes, that it was hard to empathize with him enough to hit me in the feels.
Jun 12, 2021 2:11 PM

Jan 2021
Excellent episode.
Although that was sad so my feels hit again ;_;
Aug 6, 2021 10:14 AM

Feb 2014
Raichi_ said:
I have had less than zero trust in Natori since day 1.

Same. I don't know why, he just seems to lack the absolute sincerity Natsume has. Maybe because he's an actor that can seem vane at times and he (as implied?) hates yokai? He's also somewhat allied with Matoba who seems ready to abuse yokai with no heaitation. I really hope none of the exorcists get their hands on the book of friends. It's best of with Natsume and Madara
L had a poster of Norman in his room
Oct 17, 2021 12:40 AM

Mar 2013
I just hope Natori won't need to steal the Book of friends from Natsume (that cliffhanger was... O:), I can see a war coming. Let's hope it won't come true... and if it were to come true, I'm looking forward if Natsume and Natori's friendship will last. I'm giddy just thinking about what's next!
CrazyButNot4UOct 17, 2021 12:44 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
May 18, 2022 6:30 AM

Feb 2020
Yet another bittersweet episode.

Natori is up to no good? Don't betray Natsume. :(

SerafosMay 15, 7:17 AM
May 24, 2022 11:48 AM
Nov 2020
Wishing to Natori not to be a bad guy that gonna betrayed natsume it's good at plot still please no
Aug 28, 2022 6:47 AM

Jun 2022
Kashirou said:
I teared up here. Some solid voice acting. Damn this show knows how to give these emotional punches.

This was the sadest moment for me. When one of yokai stand in front of Takuma-san who even can't see him or hear him... They've been through so much together, they were friends. And now this yokai can't even say last goodbye to his friend. It's sad.

About episode end. I really don't understand why so many people don't like Natori. Of course I understand that if I like someone it's not like everyone should like him too, but I noticed that really many people don't like Natori. I didn't read manga, may be there are some bad things about this character..? Anyway, for me Natori is a good boy who decerved if not more fans, then more love at least... And I don't believe that he will betray Natsume, because he really likes him and considers him his friend. Natori just uses another methods in fights with yokai, which are not so kind sometimes as Natsume's methodes, but when these two fight together, Natori never mind to use Natsume's kind methode. This is just a proof that Natori isnt'n bad, he just use his own way to work with yokai. I think if Natori and Natsume would work together as partners, Natori would soon act as Natsume :)
Bittersweet.
Apr 11, 2023 11:10 PM
May 2021
Natori seem little sus
Apr 11, 2023 11:10 PM
May 2021
Natori seem little sus
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Roku Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jun 13, 2017

39 by GoodKid15 »»
Sep 4, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Roku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2017

120 by ssourcandy »»
Jul 29, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Roku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

110 by OldSkoolBrayan »»
Jul 20, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Roku Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2017

42 by JVskunkape »»
Jul 8, 2:37 AM

» Season 7 announced

MegamiRem - Jun 30, 2023

13 by Cammedham »»
Jul 3, 2023 7:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.