Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 5, 2017 3:17 AM

Jul 2014
therandomestguy said:
NG_Calen said:
This isn't a harem. I've read the original

It's not?!

I'm disappointed.

i read the manga only, but from my point of view those 2 main girls seem develop a feeling towards the mc, but he only sees them as normal students not more...
Apr 5, 2017 3:54 AM

Aug 2016
This episode was totally unexpected xD

Set by SenpieX
Apr 5, 2017 4:46 AM
Jun 2015
MoeGod said:
Shirasho said:
This is higher rated than Oushitsu...sigh...

Isn't Oushitsu that bishounen anime? how is it a surprise that a Konosuba clone is rated higher than an anime that most guys would avoid?

Not every comedy anime is a Konosuba clone !!!
Apr 5, 2017 5:12 AM
Mar 2017
Anime of the year, calling it now. The shit was gold and was laughing throughout. MC is pretty unique himself with his approach and attitude. You don't see a lot of guys like him around thats for sure.
Apr 5, 2017 5:59 AM

Apr 2011
How does this shit have a 7.44? Seriously, MAL. Is your taste this fucking bad?

Character designs are poor and the character interactions feels forced causing the "comedy" (if you can call that comedy) feel flat.
Apr 5, 2017 6:10 AM

Sep 2014
While I felt it could do without the fan service I just couldn't stop laughing. Great start.
Apr 5, 2017 6:14 AM
Apr 2017
Jotakak said:
Soli18 said:

Hmm I was simply asking a question. Tbh I don't know why you got kinda triggered. Btw you still didn't answer my simple question.

Extracting from your quote on my comment it seems like you look at this anime with yuri goggles on. And now you're saying that I try to brush this under a rug? Aren't you brushing this under a rug because you are clearly looking through your goggles and base something one just 1 scene hmmm.

Back to your statement from before:
>Her friend has the hots for her and gets easily jealous so no, I'm not kidding.
Could I ask you where you thought Sisti became jealous in the episode?

You're the one that felt the need to respond to my original post. Your question is irrelevant as I have already proven. I wasn't basing anything off of one scene. It was an overall observation not a statement. Also, you're thinking of just the changing room scene which was extremely gay but I was actually talking about in general. As for the jealousy part I mentioned, I'm referring to the scene where Sisti's friend is chatting with the teacher at lunch. Anyway, I think you're looking at this with /hetero/ goggles because there's a lot more implying she's possibly gay than anything else and I'm not even stating she is so how about you stop being 'triggered' lolol Big fucking whoop if I think she might possibly be gay for her friend. Get the fuck over it and next time make your own post to write your comments on instead of quoting me

Also, I don't want to hear another word out of you when you have 'Genres I dislike: Yuri' on your profile because clearly you're the biased one

No wonder you're so upset but apparently I'm the triggered one lmao

(Also I find it ironic that the first sentence on your profile is that you're a very open person)

They asked a legitimate question and they wanted and answer.
it's you who got defensive, avoided the question (twice) and went off on a tangent, and basically acting like a triggered SJW going on a rant.

Maybe next time don't be so retarded?
Apr 5, 2017 6:26 AM

Jan 2016
I didn't really find this all that funny, but to be fair the plot summary spoiled a lot of this episode's gag humour, so I'll keep watching.
Still seems pretty stereotypical.
Apr 5, 2017 6:57 AM

Nov 2016
First time, I think the MC is strong, but... lol. This is fun anime, but I hope the MC can get stronger, because watching an anime with MC like this, is very annoying. I didn't read the LN yet.
Nice to meet you.......
はじめまして。。。。。。。。。
Apr 5, 2017 6:58 AM
Aug 2015
so, im already hyped, i know that mc looks dumb and act funny, everyone thinks he is fucking retardo but in reality i think he is very smart and has huge knowledge about magic, so im already on one question? can someone suggest similar animes? :D
Apr 5, 2017 6:59 AM
Jun 2015
it's okay for the 1st episode
but why they are using my surname, what the hell?
Apr 5, 2017 7:02 AM
Aug 2014
This was extremely hilarious, literally no point in watching this, if you're looking for serious shit.
Apr 5, 2017 7:18 AM

Nov 2011
As a start, it's ok, but I admit without shame, that the protagonist Glenn, it's really funny. I enjoyed a lot to follow the narrative, and strangely I never bored, despite being granted almost everything in this first episode. I think the credit goes mostly to the protagonist.
The end-card, was not a bad drawing. I look forward to the next episode, to make me a better idea.
Apr 5, 2017 7:27 AM

Nov 2013
The comedy told pretty well for me.

I still don't get the amount of bad reception people said on the front page.
Apr 5, 2017 7:38 AM

Aug 2008
Aeonenleben said:
And another one produced directly for the trashcan.

2/10 dropped

Your taste is trashcan.

"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Apr 5, 2017 7:41 AM

Aug 2013
haha I really like the fact that the MC isn't your traditional overpowered type of guy. He's pretty useless.

The changing room scene and what he said was gold.

Apr 5, 2017 8:33 AM

Jul 2016
Kinda generic start with cliche moments, though its pretty funny as hell. Glenn is really a lazy goofy instructor.

Looking forward to the OP snd ED so I would see the insights of this show from it.
Apr 5, 2017 8:38 AM

May 2015
Aeonenleben said:
2/10 dropped

I'm honestly surprised at how many people
a) gave this a 5
b) people that actually thought this was funny
c) could get past those ridiculous uniforms
d) found the tropey school girls interesting

This will get the three episode rule, but it's getting a very short leash unless they can really sell me on this garbage MC on being anything close to interesting...

Apr 5, 2017 8:39 AM

Dec 2015
Garbage like this is the cancer that's killing anime.
Apr 5, 2017 8:40 AM

Oct 2012
LiquidGold said:
Xarkiesami said:

Sticking around just because of this. You think we will see his past in these 12 episodes? or is that something that happens much further down the line in the source material and we probably won't get to see.
I've read a bit of the manga, and tbh I don't quite remember the pacing and when his past is introduced, but unless I forgot to update the chapter I was on, then that would mean that (since I've read 8 chapters) his past is explained by then, so I'd say yes we likely will be getting it. Iirc this follows directly after the first major conflict
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Apr 5, 2017 8:52 AM

Apr 2013
Prettty good first episode
I like Glenn and his antics a lot plus some funny faces
Perfect for people who just want to find their daily base of silly comedy
Apr 5, 2017 8:57 AM

Jul 2016
Xarkiesami said:
Rinkawa said:
Does Glenn's character gets better? I seriously hate character's with attributes like that and is close to dropping this (this is the reason why I dropped Nabari no Ou and Chaos Dragon just for reference).
I do like Ryner of Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu or Ikta of Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin however.

sounds like
from Fate.
Apr 5, 2017 8:59 AM

Nov 2008
Tokoya said:
-Abyss_Walker- said:
A school harem where the protagonist isn't an OP beta male but a garbage alpha?.. thats some subversion right there.
-Abyss_Walker- said:
A school harem where the protagonist isn't an OP beta male but a garbage alpha?.. thats some subversion right there.
Ikr?

It's astonishing how so many failed to mention this lol...Plus this isn't even a harem series which is the main thing that makes this type of genre generic and cliche

you know for a fact he isn't actually garbage at least as far as magic goes; theres no way he could be ; and have been put in that position; - this isn't a parody
sirwenceApr 5, 2017 9:06 AM
Apr 5, 2017 9:16 AM

Sep 2013
Sisti and Rumia are a cute duo.

Sensei is uber lazy.

And why do all the girls have to bare their midriffs as their uniform?

2/5- The comedy is fair but what bothers me is that they went through A LOT of anime tropes within a single episode. Usually when a show does that it tends to get very repetitive and boring on my end.

The one trope that they did fail on was the duel between Sensei and Sisti. I was thinking "great, so he's secretly a very talented mage and will win this duel". Fortunately, he got his ass kiced and I had a giggle.

It's too early for me to say but I already feel like this is an anime I won't be looking forward to watching every week. It's good enough to not be dropped but doesn't capture my interest too much. I am intrigued with Celica and that thing in the sky but that's about it.

Apr 5, 2017 9:20 AM

May 2015
TheFail said:
Cornbread78 said:

I'm honestly surprised at how many people
a) gave this a 5
b) people that actually thought this was funny
c) could get past those ridiculous uniforms
d) found the tropey school girls interesting

This will get the three episode rule, but it's getting a very short leash unless they can really sell me on this garbage MC on being anything close to interesting...

It's almost as if people have a different taste than you and like different stuff, crazy right?

Completely unacceptable. Everyone must have the same taste as me!
Apr 5, 2017 9:30 AM
Jun 2015
I think the anime will have some score under 7 in the end of the month :) !!

Comedy 3/5 (forced comedy)
Characters 2/5 (Yes the teacher shouldn't have been that powerless again a student)
Enjoyment 3/5 (the teacher can be funny in 1/10000 of the time)

MisanthropianApr 5, 2017 9:35 AM
Apr 5, 2017 10:29 AM

May 2014
Well at least they changed up the formula of the main dude only appearing weak and being a badass, to the character actually being weak
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Apr 5, 2017 10:41 AM

Jan 2014
yhunata said:
How does this shit have a 7.44? Seriously, MAL.

oh idk man, maybe its because it's a fun show to watch ? Seriously this is not the type of anime you take seriously, it's obviously cliche in alot of areas, but makes up for it with the comedy

but then let me guess what your gonna reply with: "How can anybody like this trash comedy" well man...everyone has their own taste in what's funny
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 5, 2017 10:59 AM

Apr 2011
DoctorWasabi said:
yhunata said:
How does this shit have a 7.44? Seriously, MAL.

oh idk man, maybe its because it's a fun show to watch ? Seriously this is not the type of anime you take seriously, it's obviously cliche in alot of areas, but makes up for it with the comedy

but then let me guess what your gonna reply with: "How can anybody like this trash comedy" well man...everyone has their own taste in what's funny
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fun? There was a cliched show that "officially" came out a few days ago that is 100x better than this and is yet ranked lower. Honestly, my problem isn't with how cliched it is, but how stupid it is. I can only suspend my disbelief for so much.

Like it if you will, I don't care. I still find it ridiculous that this shit is ranked higher than Grablue Fantasy or even Alice to Zouroku.
Apr 5, 2017 11:04 AM

Jan 2011
Shitty anime, ugly character design, failed comedy approach. Dropped this trash.
Apr 5, 2017 11:21 AM

Sep 2015
god that was awful. shitty mc and forced comedy... probably the first drop of the season

Apr 5, 2017 11:23 AM

Jan 2012
FalloutShounen3 said:
Aeonenleben said:

2/10 dropped

Your taste is trashcan.

mean score 9,62
Go sit on the kids table, you tool.
"Es irrt der Mensch, solang er strebt." - Faust I, Vers 317
Apr 5, 2017 11:26 AM
Jul 2014
i like it it was really fun to watch.
4/5
Apr 5, 2017 11:30 AM
Jul 2014
yhunata said:
DoctorWasabi said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fun? There was a cliched show that "officially" came out a few days ago that is 100x better than this and is yet ranked lower. Honestly, my problem isn't with how cliched it is, but how stupid it is. I can only suspend my disbelief for so much.

Like it if you will, I don't care. I still find it ridiculous that this shit is ranked higher than Grablue Fantasy or even Alice to Zouroku.
i'm agree with you, but it's still really fun to watch, well alot of people are complaining about the CGI in Alice to Zouroku, maybe that's why the score is lower :/, i haven't watch grand blue fantasy tho.
Apr 5, 2017 11:39 AM

Jan 2009
Aeonenleben said:
mean score 9,62

Spreading your bile again, Aeonenleben? :)

Thanks for providing your valuable input!
Apr 5, 2017 11:56 AM

Jan 2012
Mentar said:
Aeonenleben said:
mean score 9,62

Spreading your bile again, Aeonenleben? :)

Thanks for providing your valuable input!

Do we know each other?
Or are you just butthurt cause your average rating shows as much ignorance as his?
"Es irrt der Mensch, solang er strebt." - Faust I, Vers 317
Apr 5, 2017 12:36 PM

May 2009
I forgot to mention beautiful DOGEZA orz

YEROCKY said:
I'm unmotivated to watch anymore :p

Stop posting this shit under every anime you didn't like - You don't drop after first episode - you didn't even pick up it. There was no journey.
Apr 5, 2017 12:53 PM

Jan 2014
geralexo said:
Jotakak said:

You're the one that felt the need to respond to my original post. Your question is irrelevant as I have already proven. I wasn't basing anything off of one scene. It was an overall observation not a statement. Also, you're thinking of just the changing room scene which was extremely gay but I was actually talking about in general. As for the jealousy part I mentioned, I'm referring to the scene where Sisti's friend is chatting with the teacher at lunch. Anyway, I think you're looking at this with /hetero/ goggles because there's a lot more implying she's possibly gay than anything else and I'm not even stating she is so how about you stop being 'triggered' lolol Big fucking whoop if I think she might possibly be gay for her friend. Get the fuck over it and next time make your own post to write your comments on instead of quoting me

Also, I don't want to hear another word out of you when you have 'Genres I dislike: Yuri' on your profile because clearly you're the biased one

No wonder you're so upset but apparently I'm the triggered one lmao

(Also I find it ironic that the first sentence on your profile is that you're a very open person)

They asked a legitimate question and they wanted and answer.
it's you who got defensive, avoided the question (twice) and went off on a tangent, and basically acting like a triggered SJW going on a rant.

Maybe next time don't be so retarded?

The question is irrelevant. He asked me to explain based off this one episode and I did. Whether or not I read other material doesn't matter. He's the one that's 'triggered' because he can't handle gay shit and oops now you're starting in so you must be triggered too. That word can be throw around so easily!

Lol they got defensive the moment I said I wasn't kidding in my original post. If you can't handle me responding then don't fucking quote me, kiddos.
JotakakApr 5, 2017 12:56 PM
Apr 5, 2017 1:09 PM
Apr 2010
Smudy said:
This is fun.

Glenn is a magnificent bastard, he's so gonna carry the show. I'm wondering if he's really just incompetent or just doesn't want to do shit after all. He grinned when Sistine was about to hit him with the shock.

Sistine and Rumia are cardboard cutouts but i like them. Let's see what story they will do here (seems like there is a mystery literally in the air which Sistine wants to look at).

Saw this exact same post on reddit lmao.
Apr 5, 2017 1:32 PM
Jul 2018
I kind of expected it to be worse. I did have a few chuckles so I guess I'll keep watching.

I'm not 100% convinced that the MC is weak because at one point they said the he got out of the academy at the age of 15 although I hope that that's just me thinking too much about one little thing they said.
Apr 5, 2017 1:58 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Johanne012 said:
Smudy said:
This is fun.

Glenn is a magnificent bastard, he's so gonna carry the show. I'm wondering if he's really just incompetent or just doesn't want to do shit after all. He grinned when Sistine was about to hit him with the shock.

Sistine and Rumia are cardboard cutouts but i like them. Let's see what story they will do here (seems like there is a mystery literally in the air which Sistine wants to look at).

Saw this exact same post on reddit lmao.

No shit, i'm the same person. ;)
Apr 5, 2017 2:09 PM
Jun 2015
2 days from 8,10 to 7,40 :D . The second episode gonna be crucial.
Apr 5, 2017 2:24 PM

Sep 2008
This is so generic and characters are as cliche as they get...

Nothing wrong with being generic and cliche if you do it right. This is not one of those shows.

1 more episode, then I'll probably drop it. There are hundreds of shows like this one out there, many done much better, no reason to stick with the bad one.
Apr 5, 2017 4:07 PM

Jul 2013
Truth be told, I was never gonna watch this... But after so many people saying that the MC is so different from other MC from one of THOSE shows. I decided to give it try and I'm mixed with this one. The good thing I could say that Glen is already interesting and likeable. The girls Sistine and Rumia are not that interesting so far. The complaint I have for the show is that they expect us to laugh the cliches they make but mocking. I learn from a reviewer that "Admitting to your cliches aren't funny and at the end of the day its still cliched. I'm probably gonna give this the three episode rule. So far I could already tell what's gonna happen next episode.
GalacticMagnaApr 5, 2017 4:21 PM

Apr 5, 2017 5:35 PM

Oct 2013
So...Average Magical School No° 1753.

Give'me some not-so-spoiling spoilers

Is there anything special on this one besides a guy with a shitty attitude?

Or can I skip it like most typical magical schools?
Apr 5, 2017 5:48 PM

Dec 2013
So instead of an OP MC, we're getting a complete useless one., Nice change, I guess?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 5, 2017 7:04 PM
Feb 2016
Zahylon said:

Well,the best way is to keep watching it :) No need to wathing all the eps. I think when u finish the ep3 ,you will have a conclusion
IllyaNxSApr 5, 2017 7:08 PM
Apr 5, 2017 7:06 PM

Jul 2015
Glenn Radars... interesting and overall crappy teacher they got, but hey, at least he is totally aware that he sucks at teaching, now he just needs to learn that he also sucks as a human being and that he is literal walking trash. Sistine is going to have a very difficult time through out this anime.

I can totally get behind this anime, was pretty entertaining. I look forward to seeing how much crappier Glenn can get as well as the interactions between him and the students.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 5, 2017 7:42 PM
Mar 2016
This one so entertaining to watch. 3rd anime i like from this season.
Apr 5, 2017 7:54 PM
Jan 2016
Zahylon said:

You can't say that with a rakudai sig tho

Anyways, I have read the MC has some shitty past that make the story more interesting (and explains why he is so shitty), but you know, other average magical school anime have MC with shitty past as well, so yeah, I don't think it is gonna offer anything different of what you've already seen in other anime, but if you liked rakudai, you will like this thing as well
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

259 by Firumuruart »»
Jun 7, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2017

135 by amf85 »»
Apr 22, 12:37 PM

» Season 2?

LaughingCoffinx - Oct 17, 2017

44 by Walker1121 »»
Mar 26, 9:33 AM

» How do you feel about Fibel Sistine? ( 1 2 )

Eromanga-sensei - Jun 8, 2017

57 by someone_idkwho »»
Jan 30, 9:23 AM

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2017

192 by SlightlyThicc »»
Jan 27, 7:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.