Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 27, 2017 8:45 PM
May 2014
Havent watched the episode still, but reading this makes me reconsider whether I will watch or not. I mean da hell? The first 3 eps were completely fine reminded me of Amagami, but not getting together, its like the guy tried to do a Shinkai in last 5 mins without any actual reasoning.
Jan 27, 2017 8:51 PM

Jun 2013
This all struck m as very... stupid.
Jan 27, 2017 9:03 PM

Jun 2016
What a dumb ending to an arc. I can't believe they couldn't just end it on a better note.
Jan 27, 2017 9:52 PM

Feb 2015
3/10 arc, half-assed Amagami remake. And Amagami wasn't even really that good.
Jan 27, 2017 10:44 PM
Nov 2016
Sucks man, wish the ending was better but atleast it's a possibility they become a couple further down the line.

Tsuneki come back.

Jan 27, 2017 10:53 PM

Jun 2011
iPinoy said:
As much as you guys are shitting on this, you have to put the aspect that this ending was fitting for Tsuneki's character/personality.

THIS THIS and so THIS!

She's too much of a loose cannon to be tied down by someone, let alone dudes like Kamita.

On the other hand, I also don't understand people here complaining about lack of realism when this whole arc has been a bunch of coincidences, lucky breaks and cop outs. I say just enjoy the ride even if the destination kinda sucks.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Jan 27, 2017 10:58 PM
May 2014
Okay watched the episode, I frankly think people are overreacting here but I cannot deny the fact that Amagami stood for how love blossoms into a relationship.Here we see that in the starting of this episode, then somehow that development goes to 0 and we have a bad time skip when the entire thing resets. There is hope but we do not know for sure. Thats what hurts this show the most. If this was maybe a 12 episode show where we can see the final destination , this may have been okay(still 5 year timeskip isnt to my liking) but at least it could be fine. This anime is wish fulfilment for people who hasnt really had such love stories in school so I would have preferred it to fulfill it properly.
Overall this arc gets a 5-6/10. The imaginations of that guy was on point.
Jan 27, 2017 11:08 PM
Feb 2013
For me it had a more realistic flow and plot (But the timeline and relationship development is too slow, so for me something feels unsatisfying)
Otherwise, Love and Romance won't always go as buttery smooth, there's had to be some bitter-sweet taste and this Arc proofs it.
Jan 27, 2017 11:55 PM

Apr 2013
Ayaneru sama did a great job with this voicing Tsuneki.

Fuck the MC.

The guy is more of a bitch than Aki from Saekano.
Jan 28, 2017 12:11 AM
Nov 2013
Too much build-up far too little action, that's what I felt after watching this episode.
I liked this arc overall, mostly due to Tsuneki's character; hopefully the next arc is going to be better.
Jan 28, 2017 12:31 AM

Nov 2016
iPinoy said:
As much as you guys are shitting on this, you have to put the aspect that this ending was fitting for Tsuneki's character/personality.

But, this is romance anime and use omnibus format, they must bring a best good ending for it. Although for Tsuneki's personality, in amagami ss you can see that Morishima Haruka is childish and like teasing too, but they had good ending and get married in the end.
Nice to meet you.......
はじめまして。。。。。。。。。
Jan 28, 2017 1:26 AM

Feb 2016
what the hell ?? they got friendzoned even after 5 years ?? a little bit disappointed for first arc, at least their underwater kiss was good. hope the next arc would be better
Jan 28, 2017 3:17 AM
Oct 2014
who khows what she did in spain? looooong 5 years , mmaybe.. perhaps she is not a virgin anymore
Jan 28, 2017 3:27 AM

Nov 2016
I didn't find the link between ending of third episode and the fourth. She fell in love with him but I don't understand why she didn't speak with him anymore.

In any case the first three episodes are really good I was captivated by the plot, but the 4th episode destroyed everything. It be like forced to end the arc, but I'm curious to understand how their relationship will go on.

I hope the other 2 girls come during the timeskip of 5 yrs, so it a sort of going on waiting for her. It could be really sad if he falls in love with the second one after Tsuneki comes back
Jan 28, 2017 3:28 AM

Oct 2015
I liked the way it ended. It was okay :D
Jan 28, 2017 5:16 AM
May 2015
Just asking..

5 years time skip and he`s still on college? wtf???

I did not know becoming a professional Dietitian will take that much time..
Jan 28, 2017 5:44 AM

Nov 2016
IRIS-T said:
Just asking..

Not anymore, I think he is studying at university
Jan 28, 2017 5:56 AM

Feb 2010
Grimmjow1952 said:
Dissapointed she didn't shout "HOLA!" when she came through the door

Como estas amigo!

Desktop Specs: CPU: AMD FX-4130 Quad Core @ 3.8GHz, Motherboard: ASRock N68-VS3 FX, GPU: 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti SC (EVGA), Ram: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 535MHz, Case: Raidmax ATX (Black), Storage: 931GB Western Digital Blue (SATA), PSU: 550 watt, Display: BenQ RL2455
Jan 28, 2017 6:02 AM
May 2015
Slim1795 said:
IRIS-T said:
Just asking..

Nope, Tsuneki at the end says "So you`re the 'colllege' student that is working here" although honestly the term university and college is pretty much interchangeable.
Jan 28, 2017 6:03 AM
Jan 2017
Slim1795 said:
I didn't find the link between ending of third episode and the fourth. She fell in love with him but I don't understand why she didn't speak with him anymore.

In any case the first three episodes are really good I was captivated by the plot, but the 4th episode destroyed everything. It be like forced to end the arc, but I'm curious to understand how their relationship will go on.

I hope the other 2 girls come during the timeskip of 5 yrs, so it a sort of going on waiting for her. It could be really sad if he falls in love with the second one after Tsuneki comes back

They are different arcs, differents stories. You can say that each arc happens in a parallel world.
Jan 28, 2017 6:35 AM

Nov 2016
Cyrus_II said:
Slim1795 said:

They are different arcs, differents stories. You can say that each arc happens in a parallel world.

And this is totally wrong for me if it's true. Why should it be a parallel world?
Jan 28, 2017 6:37 AM

Nov 2016
IRIS-T said:
Slim1795 said:

Nope, Tsuneki at the end says "So you`re the 'colllege' student that is working here" although honestly the term university and college is pretty much interchangeable.

Is after school of course. For example in Italy the college is same thing of University
Jan 28, 2017 7:11 AM

Jul 2012
Well that was something i guess ... Didn't expect some amazing stuff from this series, but didn't think that it would be such dissapointment. Maybe i'll like other heroines more and it gets at least a bit better, wishful thinking =/
Jan 28, 2017 8:43 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This episode really pissed all the good things this anime had away. The beach scene was forced, the timeskip was forced...even Tsuneki felt completely different. Only beta-kun was consistently mediocre as usual.

I hope the next arc is better.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 28, 2017 8:44 AM

Jul 2016
I think they should go quickly when they're kissing underwater, because the tide become very high, from just about the back of the head to the ear, to drown both of them... I think that will be dangerous...
Jan 28, 2017 9:09 AM

Jan 2017
People sure are overreacting about this end.
It was fine, but of couse it could be better.
And the kiss scene was 10/10.

PV of next Arc(?):

Aozaki-kunJan 28, 2017 9:48 AM
Jan 28, 2017 9:14 AM

Sep 2015
Didn't like the ending too much, but it was cute. Love Hikari. I guess I'd give this arc a 5/10?
Jan 28, 2017 9:23 AM

Oct 2015
Lelouch0202 said:
RKarim69f117 said:
Hm! time skipped already in episode 4? what is the meaning of this?!

so he will find his next heroine after 5 years?

By the way, that kiss was too romantic but he got dumped later? well lets see whats next heroine do and how MC will change after 5 yrs.

The show is styled like Amagami SS, I guess you haven't seen it. Basically the show is split into arcs with 4 episodes per arc each with a different heroine. These arcs are not continuous at all, so the next episode will be similar to episode 1, the difference being instead of Hikari being the main heroine, it'll be a different girl. Think of it like a VN where you replay in different routes.

So as for your questions, This episode is the conclusion of the Hikari arc and that's why we got timeskip.

He will not be finding a new heroine after 5 years since we're basically gonna be restarting from the starting point of the show. We'll just be going through the same time with a different turn of events.

Since Hikari was in the next episode preview, wouldn't that mean there is some continuation with her?
Jan 28, 2017 9:54 AM

Nov 2016
skyrocketing said:
Since Hikari was in the next episode preview, wouldn't that mean there is some continuation with her?

No, this anime is use omnibus format, so Hikari's arc is end with that ending (4 eps for 1 heroine). It's like you playing a dating simulator, when you reach a heroine ending, you reset it, and play new game with new heroine. You can see the continue IF this anime has season 2.
Nice to meet you.......
はじめまして。。。。。。。。。
Jan 28, 2017 9:58 AM
Oct 2016
skyrocketing said:
Lelouch0202 said:

The show is styled like Amagami SS, I guess you haven't seen it. Basically the show is split into arcs with 4 episodes per arc each with a different heroine. These arcs are not continuous at all, so the next episode will be similar to episode 1, the difference being instead of Hikari being the main heroine, it'll be a different girl. Think of it like a VN where you replay in different routes.

So as for your questions, This episode is the conclusion of the Hikari arc and that's why we got timeskip.

He will not be finding a new heroine after 5 years since we're basically gonna be restarting from the starting point of the show. We'll just be going through the same time with a different turn of events.

Hikari would be a side charactr at most in the other 2 arcs.

Hell I bet at this rate she will end up akari? in one if not both other arcs just to toss salt on the viewers wounds.
Jan 28, 2017 10:03 AM

Dec 2014
skyrocketing said:
Lelouch0202 said:

Well in Amagami all the girls made appearances in the different arcs and even play supporting roles at times. Like even in Hikari's arc, Shouichi's childhood friend appeared a few times right? It's probably gonna be something like that. Plus they already time skipped this episode and the PV showed them back in school right? If there was a Hikari continuation then they should have continued from where they dropped off in this episode. So as far as I can tell you, it's probably just a few minor appearance and nothing more than that. Of course, this is all assuming they stick with Amagami's story style.
Jan 28, 2017 10:12 AM

Aug 2015
Aozaki-kun said:
People sure are overreacting about this end.
It was fine, but of couse it could be better.
And the kiss scene was 10/10.

PV of next Arc(?):

well, looks fine i guess. Some pervy scenes (from Kamita who else?) of course. But from the look of it this arc could/will be better.

Best Girl for the win! (At least for this "Season")
Jan 28, 2017 10:26 AM

Oct 2015
Lelouch0202 said:
skyrocketing said:

Well in Amagami all the girls made appearances in the different arcs and even play supporting roles at times. Like even in Hikari's arc, Shouichi's childhood friend appeared a few times right? It's probably gonna be something like that. Plus they already time skipped this episode and the PV showed them back in school right? If there was a Hikari continuation then they should have continued from where they dropped off in this episode. So as far as I can tell you, it's probably just a few minor appearance and nothing more than that. Of course, this is all assuming they stick with Amagami's story style.

Gotcha, I've never watched an anime in that style before. Should be interesting!
Jan 28, 2017 10:31 AM

Nov 2016
Tell me if I'm wrong or right pls:
Hikari disappears like she never had a relationship with Shouichi and he started from zero with another one?

Because from preview that Aozaki posted before it seems like they are at college, could it be during timeskip?
Jan 28, 2017 11:25 AM

Nov 2016
Slim1795 said:
Tell me if I'm wrong or right pls:
Hikari disappears like she never had a relationship with Shouichi and he started from zero with another one?

Because from preview that Aozaki posted before it seems like they are at college, could it be during timeskip?

Simply, this anime use omnibus format.

The definition from Google :
“Omnibus format” is when a harem anime is dismantled into a romance anime. The protagonist is able to date and fall in love with a one of the romantic interests. This is known as a romance arc. Once the romance arc is concluded, the anime then resets time to the beginning, and the events in the next romance arc begin to play out. Any and all experiences from the previous arc are non-existent. Using the omnibus format allows an animation studio to have the protagonist court multiple love interests without having love triangles involved. In short, it answers the "what if the guy ended up with another girl" question.
Nice to meet you.......
はじめまして。。。。。。。。。
Jan 28, 2017 1:03 PM

Dec 2015
Liked it. See the other threads about "bad ending" and about the arc - where I posted more about it already. Looking forward to the other girls. Especially the disciplinary committee girl shown in this episode. (I think she'll be in 2nd cour/season.)

I guess this works fine with this pacing. I'd prefer if they did it similar for the other girls - where each girl influences the main (and the main influences the girl) differently (MC ending up in different jobs later).

Best would be if they added some 1 OVA per girl later to really get them to start a relationship or marry 5 years later. The only thing I didn't like: Him doing that job because he wants to meet Tsuneki again (even working in that cafe) - felt a bit like this was the only reason. There could have been better reason.

(For example a girl which was ill .. then died and he would become a doctor. But that would obviously mean a super bad end then - if the girl died.)
Jan 28, 2017 1:49 PM

Aug 2013
What the actual fuck was that. Really? They couldn't do a proper ending like in Amagami?
If they don't make an OVA and end every arc like this, I will be really pissed.
rsc-plJan 28, 2017 1:53 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 28, 2017 1:52 PM

May 2010
Wow, 5 years... Anything can happen in 5 years. There is no reason for them to wait for each other if they never made any promises to begin with...
Felt really unsatisfying, I'm cool with open-endings, but only if it's well executed.
Jan 28, 2017 3:32 PM

Jan 2014
RKarim69f117 said:
Lelouch0202 said:
Oh thats clarifies alot about this anime.Thanks for great explaination!

So that mean, we will see again MC going to summer camp?

They really going to do that?

Because I quite liked this arc actually, so I might just drop the rest of this anime and re-watch Haruhi's endless eight instead.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Jan 28, 2017 5:18 PM

Oct 2012
Dantroy said:
I... Just... Aw man... That touched me at a personal level :')
Such insatisfaction. Such a bitter-sweet taste.
Ikr, I felt so salty that they didn't go through with showing the relationship and ended the arc with implications. I wanted to see them TOGETHER, AND HAPPY, but "nooooooo you're a creative guy, think up the next part on your own!" *cries*
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jan 28, 2017 6:16 PM

Aug 2016
This was bad and the MC was ridiculously bland.
Jan 28, 2017 7:18 PM

Dec 2012
Anyone else feel really disappointed about the first arc? Judging by the pacing of their relationship I suspected it was going to be rushed but I didn't expect it be basically friendzone the anime. I can't tell if it was trying to be a romance story or it's just a story about falling in and out of love in a summer fling. If it's the latter then they rushed the hell out of it. You can't condense the exploration of those emotions in like the last 5 mins of the episode and expect to tell an effective story. (Aku no hana manga and 500 days of summer did far better job) They could've spent 1 or 2 episode fleshing that out for it to be a relatable and realistic story. At the end the mc was talking about how he thought he finally gotten closer to Tsuneki when they kissed, only to drift farther apart. Also he talked about how he exchanged numbers with Tsuneki and she never texted him once. I was like what the hell is this depressing shit lmao.I don't even know what the whole point the writer is trying to convey. Are they just mad that this happened to them so they wrote this out of spite?
In terms of the characters, i thought the dialogue felt kind of realistic especially how they nonchalantly talk about lewd stuff without freaking out like anime characters usually do. I disliked the mc because he was milquetoast. I was kind of annoyed about how ambiguous Tsuneki felt about Kamita. One moment she is cold/trolls Kamita and next moment she is nice/flirts with him for no explicable reason. The inconsistency in her behavior made her feel a bit unrealistic.
Jan 28, 2017 7:44 PM

Aug 2014
a truly lovely episode and arc :)
I think Tsunei is and will be best girl even if I dont know the others yet.
I am surprised that it went by 5 years O.o but as she came back I would rather see the story continue around Tsuneki and Kamita :)))
Maybe a spin off or something? aww I want to see more of them ;(((
6/5 arc
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jan 28, 2017 8:07 PM

Apr 2016
PoLoBreak said:
Anyone else feel really disappointed about the first arc?

Just read the other comments, 90% of them are people talking about how bad of an arc conclusion this was.

I didn't hate it, because I've never seen a show like this and didn't make the ironclad assumption that they'd end up together, but that timeskip was damn dumb.
Jan 28, 2017 9:16 PM

Feb 2012
I feel like it definitely could have used an extra episode, hopefully we get an OVA or something. The ending felt a bit too rushed, open ends are already a tease but a two second character appearance? maybe better than nothing but ugh.
Jan 28, 2017 9:25 PM

Dec 2016
Dayum that was a nice ending that I did not expect. They would make a really great couple, shame I won't get to see how it works out... Tsuneki was awesome though she made that arc great. Really wish she didn't leave him to learn cooking lol. Hope the next arc is good too
Jan 28, 2017 9:42 PM

May 2015
well i doubt they would end up with each other in the end considering tsuneki's character realistically
Jan 29, 2017 12:22 AM
Jul 2018
bitterweet ending. Well, at least they'll be together again after 5 yrs.

Oh well, on to the Tohru Miyamae arc~
Jan 29, 2017 1:28 AM

Sep 2012
they skipped five years and meet again..
i cant help but compare it with amagami.
in amagami, time skip means they either married and have a kid, or living together
in this.. ugh.
and they have contact number but none of them take the initiative~ ugh
the kiss was good tho.
but still, if this one were to get a game, no one would want to take this route.
the main character really need to step up his game, juunichi confess to haruka again even after being rejected and this guy not even confess once.
Jan 29, 2017 1:37 AM

Dec 2013
I hated this MC so much! I really hope the next arc is better.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

143 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 4:04 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2017

57 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 3:34 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

64 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 3:12 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

99 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 2:31 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

131 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 12:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.