Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 5, 2017 11:52 AM

Apr 2011
Respect their opinion and move on. It sucks when you meet someone that hates or bashes your favourite shows, but what can you do? I don't like every show I watch and could go on and on about shows I dislike myself.

To have a proper discussion or debate is often times too hard to come across online. It's also not really worth the time to fight or try to convert everyone that hates what you like to your side lol.

I just let people like what they like or dislike whatever they want I guess is what I'm trying to say.
Jan 5, 2017 11:57 AM

Nov 2016
the 2 comments above mines speak the truth.
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Jan 5, 2017 12:07 PM

Jun 2008
So my best friend doesn't like one of my favorite series. And how do i react to that? I don't care. Because everyone has different opinions.
Jan 5, 2017 12:10 PM

Oct 2014
I haven't seen anyone actively hating on my favourites so this isn't something I have to worry about. All of my favourites are either not that well known or are well-loved so they don't get much hate. If someone was hating on my favourites I would probably ignore them, especially if they didn't have any good points to back up their argument. Everyone has different taste so if my favourites don't fit someone else's that isn't my problem.
Jan 5, 2017 12:11 PM

Jun 2016
Neh just simply ignore them. Everything's not for everyone.
Jan 5, 2017 12:27 PM

Jul 2014
plebs don't know good taste when it hits them in the face.
Jan 5, 2017 12:42 PM

Dec 2012
Well if that happens they are obviously insane and it's best to leave crazies alone.
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Jan 5, 2017 1:10 PM

Oct 2016
Prince said:
Ingr1d said:

Lol please, sword art online is in your favourites.

They don't hate SAO seriously.
They're just doing the memes man. SAO is greatness you just can't hate o.O
Awesome storytelling and intense sword battles..

Delusion: a belief that is held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2017 1:45 PM

Sep 2012
Illyricus said:
sasalx said:

A new challenger I see.But he even does not know the mere fact about the identity of best girl.

Of course Kanbaru is the best girl.
You should feel ashamed of yourself. Every respected Monogatarifag knows that the best girl of the series is, without any doubt, the one and only...

@_Ako_

But but there is a difference between best girl and best grill.

Best girl:Kanbaru
Best grill:Kaiki
Jan 5, 2017 1:48 PM

Feb 2015
sasalx said:
Illyricus said:
You should feel ashamed of yourself. Every respected Monogatarifag knows that the best girl of the series is, without any doubt, the one and only...

@_Ako_

But but there is a difference between best girl and best grill.

Best girl:Kanbaru
Best grill:Kaiki

Wait... Is it time for a Pleb's execution, thus why you mentioned me?
Jan 5, 2017 1:49 PM
Jan 2017
First I try to talk to them but if they just shit on it without ever watching the series I just leave the convo altogether 🙄
Jan 5, 2017 2:00 PM

Sep 2012
@_Ako_

Well since you posted your best girl I just want to say that

Jan 5, 2017 2:13 PM

Feb 2015
sasalx said:
@_Ako_

Well since you posted your best girl I just want to say that

Ohhh now I see. Well, I don't understand the language in the YT link but whatever... The gif I posted are top notch and fappable on its own.
Jan 5, 2017 2:23 PM

Sep 2016
I mostly ignore them because everyone has different opinions/taste and starting an argument doesn't bring anything good. >.>
Jan 5, 2017 2:23 PM

Sep 2015
If you disagree with the anime i like ill just say you have shit taste lol
Jan 5, 2017 3:12 PM

Oct 2015
Just Ignore them cuz they're dead to you lol
Jan 5, 2017 3:16 PM

Jul 2014
I'll gladly have a constructive discussion or debate pertaining to the series with the person in question but I would never bear any feelings of animosity towards them. Life's too short to waste it hating on people for not liking the same shit as you.
LoveLikeBloodJan 6, 2017 4:27 AM
Take care of yourself

Jan 5, 2017 3:36 PM

Dec 2015
I just say YOUR PART OF THE NHK CONSPIRACY NOW BEGONE DIRTY WHORE

naw but seriously I wouldn't care allot of people will shit on your favorite anime or anime as a whole you just have to ignore them and be you
hi
Jan 5, 2017 3:59 PM

Apr 2014
Brb said:
Please, my favourites aren't hyped enough to hate.

HAHAHA THIS IS SO TRUE FOR ME. Aww man that's an amazing reply.

Even if I do come across someone who tells me they hate my favorite anime, I just tell them it's not MC's fault!
Ha. Ha. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.
I'm laughing because you got hurt.
Jan 5, 2017 4:46 PM

Nov 2016
I mostly don't care if someone hates on Madoka Magica or Steins;Gate. It just depends on the way how they express their opinion.
Jan 5, 2017 4:55 PM

Feb 2016
I'd be more ecstatic that someone actually acknowledged Moyashimon's existence instead of getting worked up over some negative words.
Doing nothing of importance.

Anime | Manga
Jan 5, 2017 5:44 PM

Dec 2016
Every person in this world have their Opinion about something, you can't hate someone cause they hate something else. But it's different story if he mocked it. Let the Hate flow!

Visit MyAnimeList
Jan 5, 2017 5:52 PM
Jul 2018
It's irrelevant, because everyone has their own taste in anime. Literally friendships come to an end because of unmatched taste in anime preferences lol. I dare say that a person can be diagnosed based on the type of anime he/she watches lol. Some have great anime taste, but to another, it's shit. And some may have shit taste in anime, but even their shit anime may appeal to some. At the end of the day though, it's irrelevant to even start an argument on what anime is good and what anime isn't, because the overall taste in anime "individually" is way too diverse.
Jan 5, 2017 6:08 PM

Oct 2013
that depends what season of Shana the person in question hates
if they just hate season 1 and drops it I will assume hey it just wasn't for them
if they hate on season 2 I will assume they don't like slice of life so their opinion doesn't really matter
if they just hate on season 3 I will assume they are slightly crazy and not a true fan of the series so their opinion doesn't matter
if they hate on all 3 seasons I will think the same as with season 1 of hey it just wasn't for them I guess
Jan 5, 2017 6:22 PM

Aug 2011
Cross said:
I go to their profile on MAl, see what they're favorites are, see something I don't like, realize they have shit taste so their opinion is irrelevant, then move on with my life without saying anything.

This :D
Been doing it quite a bit lately too.
^_^
Jan 5, 2017 7:28 PM
Jan 2017
If it's my friends I bother them about it but just for fun ahha.
Grayson the gay son :)
Jan 5, 2017 7:47 PM

May 2015
look at their favourites.
acknowledge that they're shit.
feel superior.
Jan 5, 2017 7:52 PM

Jun 2016
well, we will be annoyed if so.
but it's their tastes, we can't help it. :)
and this is my "666 post. lol

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful
Jan 5, 2017 7:56 PM

Aug 2015
We would probably have a fight... lol

Jan 5, 2017 8:10 PM

Nov 2013
You hate my fav animu? Well ok, grab a chair and wait for me to care.
Jan 5, 2017 8:32 PM

Aug 2016
At first, I kinda wanna sstranle them, but I try to remember that everyone has their own opinion and that it doesnt invalidate them. I mean, I have to accept people have different tastes than me, and arguing probably won't help. You shouldn't have to get in their faces if they thought something was trash or whatever. I try to get over it.
Jan 5, 2017 8:42 PM

Oct 2014
It's their problem not mine -- afterall it was their time wasted not mine. It usually happens when I'm making recommendations since checking people's anime list and their profile is standard procedure for me. It's disappointing but it won't stop me making a recommendation unless there are 2 or more such titles. At that point I figure our tastes are too divergent and I move onto someone more deserving (so-to-speak).
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

Jan 5, 2017 8:46 PM

Jan 2013
Prince said:
Nobody hates my favourites, so I can't relate.

I hate Nana with a burning passion.

What now?
Jan 5, 2017 9:02 PM

Jan 2010
My response every time in the past two years (w/ and w/o reasons why they hate it): "Whaaat?? Well, I still like it." It's unnecessary to feel butthurt about someone not liking what you fave. Even if they they haven't watched the anime in the same light, it's not worth the emotional and mental distress.
Jan 5, 2017 9:09 PM

Nov 2014
Everyone hates my favorite anime (Aku no Hana) for the art style before even watching. I've tried to turn people on to it by just asking for them to watch a few episodes but no one ever bothers so I just don't try anymore. I'll let them miss out on something amazing.
Jan 5, 2017 10:12 PM

Jul 2016
When someone hates your favorite series, any advice from them about anything is worthless. But it should be genre, not series.
Jan 5, 2017 10:16 PM
Nov 2016
I'm so used to people hating on the anime I like so I guess I don't really care anymore xd

Jan 5, 2017 10:18 PM

Jan 2017
Taste is personal, as is what you like and dislike. I might sometimes try engaging in an informed discussion about the concepts, structure, plot, and other thematic elements of the anime if I really care, but most of the time, like most people, I just agree to disagree. Opinions exist, and different people like different things.

You hating my favorite series is not in any way going to derail my enjoyment of it in any way what so ever, so arguing endlessly and shoving your opinion of it down their throat is inherently useless, stupid and the biggest waste of time I can think off.
Fiat justitia ruat cælum (Let justice be done though the heavens may fall)
この世界は素晴らしいけど、たくさんバカことがあるよ。。。悲しいね?(This world is wonderful, but full of stupid things. Sad, isn't it?)
Find me on AniList

Jan 5, 2017 10:42 PM

Jul 2015
I don't care, in general. How someone else feels about my favorite show isn't going to change how I feel about it. Honestly though, I almost never see people complaining about it anyway.
Jan 5, 2017 10:57 PM

Dec 2016
maybe be angry but most of time I don't care for their views
Jan 5, 2017 11:28 PM
Nov 2016
I have in the past defended my favorite anime, but I have come to the realization that I really don't need to. I know what I like and I like it, that's all that matters.
Jan 5, 2017 11:50 PM
Oct 2016
cry in my corner in shame.

Jan 5, 2017 11:52 PM

Aug 2010
Depends on my mood. If I'm in a good mood I flame them to death. Bad thing is that this site is not 9gag, so they report me right away haha. Although I'm not going for personal insults or the short, I'm just cynical you know. If I'm in a bad mood I just let them pass.
Jan 6, 2017 12:03 AM

Apr 2016
I'll generally ask why, try to debate some points with them. Then when I'm tired of typing out walls of text I'll just randomly stop.
Jan 6, 2017 12:10 AM

Jul 2015
I don't really debate on here (or online really), because I realize people have different tastes than my own. I triggered when my IRL friends hate my favorite anime though. A good friend of mine hates Gintama and Osomatsu-san, and I had to question our relationship lowkey.
Jan 6, 2017 12:17 AM

Dec 2016
Honestly what first comes to my mind is that these people who bash my favs really do not have the ability to appreciate a really well done job.

However, when I see that it is indeed a shitload of people who are bashing my fav this is when I start feeling sad and kind of puzzled; ¿how can it be that no one else or very few people besides me could see how great was this series?

I see no point in trying to convert them to "my side" since it's the same as trying to modify the shape of a rock; no matter how hard you try, no matter how loud you shout, no matter how good your arguments are, the rock will still be the same rock as before.
Jan 6, 2017 3:38 AM

Sep 2015
That actually recently happened in real life for me in a manga store. Some guys saw the manga for Watamote and started hating on Tomoko mostly. You have no idea how much I wanted to drop kick them.
Jan 6, 2017 3:46 AM

Apr 2016
When someone hates your anime...

Why do I care about those people?
Just ignore them.
I'll not even do an effort to have an argument with them since most of them are close-minded. It will be a waste of time and effort to express your opinions on them.

I only care about those who likes the anime you like.
Jan 6, 2017 4:00 AM
Sep 2015
I'd love to see someone hate on Gurren Lagann and Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
Jan 6, 2017 4:01 AM
Jul 2018
TheUnknownPC said:
I'd love to see someone hate on Gurren Lagann and Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

There is one who completely rekted LoGH in his review :D
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Look at your Character Favorites and pick which one of these describes them best

IpreferEcchi - 1 hour ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
11 minutes ago

» Is It Okay to Watch Anime All Day?

RedTea33 - May 30

47 by TheMechaManiac »»
14 minutes ago

» Does complexity made an anime better? And what is your favourite complex anime

niknasr - May 30

15 by Zarutaku »»
18 minutes ago

» Any other Retro Anime watchers only?

Iron_Leopard - May 30

26 by FanofAction »»
20 minutes ago

» Why do people "self-insert" with weak characters

Anjuro - Yesterday

21 by shin0by »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.