Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Nov 17, 2016 8:19 AM
Sep 2016
FML, I died its so beautiful. Yet, did they kiss or hug?
And Yuri oh god, so freaking cute. My heart broke when he cried, he just wanted to protect Victor; kill me. And Victor was like should I kiss him? He was completely clueless as to what to do.
Nov 17, 2016 8:30 AM

Sep 2009
Thebigofan said:
Holy shit, I think victor and yuuri kissed at the end!!
Yuuri's skating was so good! The other's were ok but the animation was kinda meh.
Looking forward to the next ep!

I think the animation was much better than in the last episode :D

BUT O.M.G.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did they really kiss, or was it just teasing, as they didn't show that it REALLY happened?? I want to believe.... I want... to... believe, but.. DAMNIT!!! Kyaaah !

Zachirina said:
Anybody else jumped around the room screaming after that last scene? ASDFGHJKL I have honestly never fangirled this hard at an anime before

WHEN YOU THOUGHT THIS COULDN'T GET ANY GAYER

YESSSSS!! I screamed, so hard, I was in Discord with some friends and they we're all deaf after hearing me x"D

Check out~ ♥ Some quality AMV:s made with love ♥ My Youtube
Nov 17, 2016 8:31 AM

May 2016
Well my mind exploded xD

Nov 17, 2016 8:36 AM

Mar 2012
They definitely kissed. Victor said he wanted to surprise Yuuri. And Yuuri wouldn't be surprised by just a hug. They hug each other all the time.

Can you hear that? that's my dark soul being cleaned and purified. BLESS
物事は良くなりますか ? 
Nov 17, 2016 8:44 AM
Apr 2015
The only other thoughts I have right now, besides "omfg they kissed", are that 1) Christophe kind of annoys the heck out of me and 2) something about Georgi is creepy.
Nov 17, 2016 8:59 AM

Aug 2016
my kokoro was going maximum doki doki
I finally got my yaoi kiss
this episode was dope af
Nov 17, 2016 9:02 AM

Mar 2014
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST HOLY MOTHERFUCKER WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING

I swear I am going to go to Japan and fuck Sayo Yamamoto's shit up if they don't end up together
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 17, 2016 9:07 AM

Jun 2016
My heart stopped just a little bit XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Nov 17, 2016 9:08 AM

Aug 2012
i personally really enjoyed this episode......especially he kiss ofc :^)

but!!!!

i dont really think that yuuri and viktor are gay? as in his press conference stated, yuuri didnt mean romantic love but more like the emotional bond to viktor and ice skating in general? idk how to explain but i dont think theyre trying to say "ah two men lets make them kiss gay love so kawaii" especially because this isnt shounen ai
rather than that its kinda to show the very very strong bond and passion between them as coach and student(?) and this passion brought on ice kinda thing......

hope u get what i mean

theres love but no romantic gay love
Nov 17, 2016 9:17 AM
Feb 2014
Lovely episode.That kiss or not-kiss was nice but what i really liked and appreciated is how every skater has it's own routine and how it speaks to them and what it says about them, better skating animation that those last few episodes.Love how Yuri's behavior changes throughout the episode,i can totally understand his anxiety and nervousness.Also good Yuri and Victor moments,dosent matter if you consider them a couple or not.It was well scripted.All and all it was very good.
Nov 17, 2016 9:34 AM
Nov 2016
sanilecious said:
i personally really enjoyed this episode......especially he kiss ofc :^)

but!!!!

i dont really think that yuuri and viktor are gay? as in his press conference stated, yuuri didnt mean romantic love but more like the emotional bond to viktor and ice skating in general? idk how to explain but i dont think theyre trying to say "ah two men lets make them kiss gay love so kawaii" especially because this isnt shounen ai
rather than that its kinda to show the very very strong bond and passion between them as coach and student(?) and this passion brought on ice kinda thing......

hope u get what i mean

theres love but no romantic gay love

Some of the translations for Yuuris confession is wrong. It's not a clear cut "romance" it is" a love that is not easily understood." :)
Nov 17, 2016 9:52 AM

Oct 2016
Rotted said:
Screagle said:
I could write an essay on why they kissed (the positioning, the reaction, what he said afterwards, the way they looked at each other, general build-up, the episode synopsis ect.) but I'm not going to because I don't want to waste my time on idiots. ANYWAY this series has 1st off been my favourite anime of all time by far, and 2nd off this is the best day of my life and my favourite episode of any tv series of all time. It was just so perfect

Read above about your wishful thinking.

Actually, someone drew out how their mouths would meet in that scene, confirming that because of facial positioning it was a kiss. Plus, you're ignoring the rest of the visual cues, such as the shaking camera and the close up of the lips. As an artist's myself, I KNOW that those are common cues to indicate a kissing scene.

Please don't be so rude and let us have our fun, even if you disagree.
Nov 17, 2016 10:01 AM

Feb 2015
Love it, best episode so far.<3333

Nov 17, 2016 10:02 AM

Oct 2016
Kayweather said:
Frigyesur said:

Truueee. This is the biggest qeer-bait I've ever met and it reached its goal. Just look at the fujoshis' reactions, hilarious :DD Totally crazy.

He was jumping, the whole questionable scene took 2-3 seconds, meanwhile he supposed to kiss him and turn his head completely to the position side-by-side, yeah, sure, it can be happened. Lol.

...How long do you think it takes to kiss someone, dude? It's not like anyone's claiming they were hardcore making out. Three seconds is plenty of time to give someone a quick peck and then move your head.

Also it's an anime. A sports anime, even. It would not be the first animation choice in this show that wasn't 100% grounded in reality.

And not everyone into this show (or this kiss) is a "fujoshi." Some of us are actually, y'know, queer.

I totally agree! Being a queer woman myself, this episode really made me feel so optimistic for the future!! Also it is possible to jump at someone like that and not get hurt?? Also, if you're going to call the jumping unrealistic, you'd better be prepared to call a whole bunch of straight kiss scenes 'unrealistic' too. They have much more questionable physics.

Also I find it so disheartening to see that a bunch of people in an otherwise friendly and welcoming fandom being so abrasive about the kiss! You can have your opinion but you don't have to call others deluded for having theirs smh
Nov 17, 2016 10:10 AM

Feb 2012
I really love where this relationship is going. //clutches heart and believes in the kiss
Nov 17, 2016 10:11 AM

Oct 2016
I loved this episode so much but I'm so disappointed with the fandom right now. Yes, people on the kiss side of the argument are out of line in some places, but the most disrespect I've seen has been from people who think it was a hug.

People are happy that they maybe kissed. Some of those are LGBT+ people who have been strung along by queerbaiting in the past and are so used to it at this point that they don't even get disappointed when it is just bait.

Please just let us have this. It's downright depressing to live in a society that treats us as abnormal and as 'bait', so let us have this one thing to be happy about for once.

Aside from that, this was a great episode and my beautiful child Phichit really shone. He deserved to win so much!! Just wish it didn't have to be ruined like this.
Nov 17, 2016 10:40 AM
Jun 2014
For me it was like how some romance shows will put a curtain over the leads or something to hide the kiss but you KNOW they really kissed. I mean whether it was a surprise hug from Victor or a real kiss, that was still some scene to give some satisfaction to the fandom
Nov 17, 2016 11:12 AM
Jun 2009
"I saw it on Tumblr so it's true" <--please, please, PLEASE do not use this as your argument. That is so incredibly irresponsible. This is how people got in fights over the election--exclusively using sources that support one's own views and rejecting anyone who disagrees.

While I do have my own (very personal) interpretation, I'm trying to maintain a neutral view. Yes, I 99% identify as a straight woman and yes, I do engage in series that appeal to fujoshi (but not enough to consider myself one officially). I would LOVE to see gay relationships expressed openly and shamelessly and celebrated and normalized. I absolutely would.

HOWEVER, I'm not going to act so quickly to say that YoI is the series that's going to do this. I think the point that people are missing by debating about this kiss or non-kiss is that true love transcends our constructed ideas of how it should be expressed. Two men kissing doesn't mean they're gay, and two men who never kiss doesn't mean that they AREN'T gay.

To judge an entire relationship based on whether or not they did a simple action really does a disservice to what the overall message should be, and that message is that it doesn't matter whether Victor and Yuri are in a certain type of relationship or not, and the type of love it is doesn't matter either--what matters is that this love exists, and it's what carries them throughout this competition.

If you guys believe it's a kiss, then go ahead! I understand how much it means to you. I absolutely get it. But the people who don't see it as a kiss also bring up very valid points and I see that too. Personally I don't think there's going to be a single true answer to this, but we'll see. Whatever happens throughout the remainder of the series, I hope people don't end up disappointed just because Victor and Yuri ended up one way or another, because there's so much more about this series that deserves to be appreciated.

I just don't get why people are so closed off to the idea that something can be neutral and open to the viewer's interpretation. This is, after all, a 2D work of fiction, which means anything is a possibility. I know this sounds awfully deep but as humans we need to acknowledge that there are things that we will never be able to truly understand, and love is one of those things.
sooyongNov 17, 2016 11:18 AM
Nov 17, 2016 11:30 AM

Feb 2016
Helenus said:
I haven't seen the episode yet. But if they actually* kissed, I might consider deleting my MAL account.

*a real kiss, not something that vaguely looks like a kiss if you turn your head 180 degrees and drink a bottle of vodka while wearing shipping goggles.

His head actually passed yuri's when they hugged so he probably gave him a kiss on the cheek
Nov 17, 2016 11:39 AM

Mar 2015
Lyrel said:
Helenus said:
I haven't seen the episode yet. But if they actually* kissed, I might consider deleting my MAL account.

*a real kiss, not something that vaguely looks like a kiss if you turn your head 180 degrees and drink a bottle of vodka while wearing shipping goggles.

His head actually passed yuri's when they hugged so he probably gave him a kiss on the cheek

Yes, I watched the episode yesterday and followed the discussion in these threads. I will see this through until the end. By now I'm still in the 'Non-Canon-Relationship'-team. And I think the show will prove that (from a neutral point of view, non biased).

It seems these days we are both kinda hated in the YoI threads, though :'D
Nov 17, 2016 11:47 AM

Jan 2014
sooyong said:
Two men kissing doesn't mean they're gay, and two men who never kiss doesn't mean that they AREN'T gay.
lol wat...Dunno where you are from but we do not kiss each other around for no reason in my country...Same sex or opposite sex,if you are kissing someone that means something...

The problem here is not if they are gay or not tho...The problem here is that they intentionally made that scene vague for no reason...Worst kind of bait...It is still a bait even if they actually kissed...
Nov 17, 2016 11:53 AM
Jun 2009
LoneWizzy said:
sooyong said:
Two men kissing doesn't mean they're gay, and two men who never kiss doesn't mean that they AREN'T gay.
lol wat...Dunno where you are from but we do not kiss each other around for no reason in my country...Same sex or opposite sex,if you are kissing someone that means something...

The problem here is not if they are gay or not tho...The problem here is that they intentionally made that scene vague for no reason...Worst kind of bait...It is still a bait even if they actually kissed...

You missed my ENTIRE point just to nitpick at ONE sentence.
Nov 17, 2016 11:57 AM

May 2010
Not going to comment about the kiss
but Viktor is a hella savage
and Yuri sulked like a girl :"Viktor no baka!"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 17, 2016 11:58 AM

Jul 2014
OHHHHH MYYYYY~
That was definetly a kiss! I believe it! And also these dudes xD

Nov 17, 2016 12:06 PM

Aug 2008
It's a kiss. Period.
I'm too happy to continue. <3
鳥はとぶ時
つばさでとぶが
あなたはとぶ時
何でとぶのですか?
Terayama Shuji
Nov 17, 2016 12:17 PM

May 2012
ok I just watched it and

OMGOMGOMGOMG

!!!!

I almost can't believe it

literally tho, been a while I fangirled like this over anything...
Nov 17, 2016 12:18 PM

Jul 2014
Anyone wanna fangirl with me for 10 min or longer? ^_^ that kiss was so beautiful and the moment when the sound and music stopped.
100% A KISS!

Nov 17, 2016 12:22 PM

Jan 2012
sooyong said:
I think the point that people are missing by debating about this kiss or non-kiss is that true love transcends our constructed ideas of how it should be expressed. Two men kissing doesn't mean they're gay, and two men who never kiss doesn't mean that they AREN'T gay.

I actually agree on this. Contrary to the person above. It's just that rather than them being gay or not I'd say them kissing or not doesn't mean they are in a relationship and that the ship is canon. I'd love for it to be a kiss but really despite all the "proofs", I just can't help but be skeptical.

sooyong said:
To judge an entire relationship based on whether or not they did a simple action really does a disservice to what the overall message should be, and that message is that it doesn't matter whether Victor and Yuri are in a certain type of relationship or not, and the type of love it is doesn't matter either--what matters is that this love exists, and it's what carries them throughout this competition.

If you guys believe it's a kiss, then go ahead! I understand how much it means to you. I absolutely get it. But the people who don't see it as a kiss also bring up very valid points and I see that too. Personally I don't think there's going to be a single true answer to this, but we'll see. Whatever happens throughout the remainder of the series, I hope people don't end up disappointed just because Victor and Yuri ended up one way or another, because there's so much more about this series that deserves to be appreciated.

I don't mind the type of love this is. Yuuri himself doesn't know for now and really I wouldn't mind all that much if, in the end, they were in a queerplatonic relationship, a regular friendship or anything as long as they keep contact.
Nov 17, 2016 12:49 PM

Jul 2014
Hoo boy, I think that at this point, people who don't believe that there's something between Yuri and Victor are just refusing to see what's right... in... front... of... them.
Hell, last week I was pondering, "man, these guys can kiss on screen and people will still argue that they're just best amigos, just guys being dudes, no poco a poco relationship development going on in every single episode, the paragon of platonic relationships gone queerbait."
And this thread is just proof of that. :')

They kissed, y'all. Framed to be a kiss =/= misdirection.

On another note, where is my boy JJ LEROY, I can't wait to see him in action; apparently he's appearing next episode? If so then wooo next episode is going to be even more of a treat :>
Nov 17, 2016 12:51 PM

Aug 2016
Amazing episode once again.

I liked that Yuuri didn't get the first place because even though he is my favorite, Phichit performance didn't have any fall like Yuuri but of course Yuuri's perfomance was better than the others so second place had to go to him.

This was such an emotional part..... Poor Yuuri! But I'm glad everything ended up being fine and we even got a "kiss" .......... I mean, like I said before Im not a fan of yaoi or shounen ai but if you're gonna put them kissing at least let us see it properly hahah

Oct 2009
Aw they're dating!! I'm glad its confirmed

Aslo everyone who thinks this isnt gay/they didnt kiss needs to get their heads out of their asses. Yall homophobic lmao.
AuroraeNov 17, 2016 12:54 PM

Mar 2015
I assume this "kiss" will join the anime hall of fame as the "most debated over 'kiss' in history".

Btw I think Yuri's emotional outburst was far more impressing than the so called 'kiss'.
Nov 17, 2016 12:53 PM
Jun 2009
Lyrisia said:
sooyong said:
I think the point that people are missing by debating about this kiss or non-kiss is that true love transcends our constructed ideas of how it should be expressed. Two men kissing doesn't mean they're gay, and two men who never kiss doesn't mean that they AREN'T gay.

I actually agree on this. Contrary to the person above. It's just that rather than them being gay or not I'd say them kissing or not doesn't mean they are in a relationship and that the ship is canon. I'd love for it to be a kiss but really despite all the "proofs", I just can't help but be skeptical.

sooyong said:

I don't mind the type of love this is. Yuuri himself doesn't know for now and really I wouldn't mind all that much if, in the end, they were in a queerplatonic relationship, a regular friendship or anything as long as they keep contact.

Thank you (and others) for hearing me out!!! I also agree with your comment about kissing and relationships, I just failed to outline that in my argument. Kisses can happen between two people who aren't in a relationship, and a relationship can exist between two people that don't kiss. Just because it may be rare doesn't mean it's not possible.

I also was going to mention that sexuality is a complex subject. Its history in Japan includes homosexual relationships in the military and the monastery that lasted for only periods of time and not as life-long romances. When I think of the coach-skater relationship that Victor and Yuri have, I'm reminded of the relationship between a samurai and his apprentice, which in some cases would involve sexual aspects but also could turn back into life-long friendships, as sexual activity would be ceased.

It might seem a little out there to say this, but Victor and Yuri's advances on each other, while they are likely genuine, may also be devices to strengthen their bond as coach and skater. Yuri doesn't know love as most would feel for a boyfriend or girlfriend, but he DOES know the admiration he has for Victor, so it's natural that Victor is the one who can most effectively teach him how to portray love through his skating. If it turned out that they formed more of a friendship at the end, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Anyway, onto other parts (and characters) of the episode: I felt really sad for Georgi!!! He's definitely out there and needs to let it go, but I feel his pain and I kinda relate to how he uses skating to express it. I'm cheering for him to finally come to grips with his heartbreak but it looks like his strong feelings are what drives him to do well, he just needs to work on balancing his emotions and his focus on the ice.
Nov 17, 2016 12:56 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
>the reaction of everyone in the anime
>victor saying that he wanted to surprise Yuri
>Victor asking Yuri (as a joke but still) if he wanted a kiss earlier
>the close-up with the mouth

if its not a fucking kiss Sayo and MAPPA are the biggest troll of 2016.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 17, 2016 1:22 PM

Feb 2016
Helenus said:
Lyrel said:

Yes, I watched the episode yesterday and followed the discussion in these threads. I will see this through until the end. By now I'm still in the 'Non-Canon-Relationship'-team. And I think the show will prove that (from a neutral point of view, non biased).

People can say whatever they want but the fact that they did not show the actual scene is already proof enough that it wasn't a kiss, also the only people that blushed were only the teacher and yuko everybody else just stared and did have no reaction at all. As usual the fandom is making a big deal out of nothing, I'm just wondering why nobody actually talks about how hard viktor was trying comforting yuri throughout the episode, viktor is trying to grow as a person and nobody gives a shit
Nov 17, 2016 1:26 PM

May 2016
Helenus said:
I assume this "kiss" will join the anime hall of fame as the "most debated over 'kiss' in history".

Btw I think Yuri's emotional outburst was far more impressing than the so called 'kiss'.

Lol. Pretty much that's true :)))
I thought until now the shipping wars are crazy but it looks like if you dare to say anything against the canon pairing, horribile dictu unship them it brings the most fierce reactions :)))

Paradoxically I'm rather convinced after that 'kiss' it'll be just baiting. Because if it was intended to be yaoi/romance/whatever, they wouldn't baiting but slowly built the relationship between them.
Yuuri expressed too much his love on the earlier episode, if it was romantic, he wouldn't do that because he would find it embarrassing. Or not :D I'm not sure.
As for Viktor, I rather consider him a naturally flirty type. Yeah, he says things, he uses a lot skinship but I don't find the real 'sexuality' behind them, if you know what I mean.

I liked their conversation in the parking lot too. And I felt poor Georgi too. Anja (?) was a bitch.
Nov 17, 2016 1:32 PM

Jan 2016
It's been 24 hours... yET I STILL CAN'T GET OVER THIS EPISODE HELP ME I'VE BEEN REPLAYING THAT LAST SCENE OVER AND OVER AGAIN I'VE LOST COUNT

Not surprised the ranking went up. I changed my rating from 9 to 10 after watching this episode :')
Nov 17, 2016 1:36 PM

Mar 2015
Frigyesur said:
Helenus said:

Lol. Pretty much that's true :)))
I thought until now the shipping wars are crazy but it looks like if you dare to say anything against the canon pairing, horribile dictu unship them it brings the most fierce reactions :)))

Paradoxically I'm rather convinced after that 'kiss' it'll be just baiting. Because if it was intended to be yaoi/romance/whatever, they wouldn't baiting but slowly built the relationship between them.
Yuuri expressed too much his love on the earlier episode, if it was romantic, he wouldn't do that because he would find it embarrassing. Or not :D I'm not sure.
As for Viktor, I rather consider him a naturally flirty type. Yeah, he says things, he uses a lot skinship but I don't find the real 'sexuality' behind them, if you know what I mean.

I liked their conversation in the parking lot too. And I felt poor Georgi too. Anja (?) was a bitch.

Yes, totally agree with you. It is indeed a paradox: the more 'borderline-canon' moments they throw in, the more I am convinced they just use the implied relationship as a vehicle to bait the fujoshi. As someone before already stated they don't use the romantic theme 'serious' enough.

But I think I have to explain myself one more time because the people here seem to don't understand my point: I would really like the VictorxYuri ship to be an official thing. But I watch sports anime long enough to know that this kind of shows tend to heavily rely on baiting to make more money (and it obviously works). So I am not too easily convinced anymore.

"Die Worte hör' ich wohl. Allein mir fehlt der Glaube", dixit Faust.
Nov 17, 2016 1:54 PM

Mar 2015
So... after this episode they have 3 Bluray/DVD sets at amazon top 100(1 at top 20)..

I can see it having the best sales for non-sequel anime of the year
Nov 17, 2016 1:55 PM

Sep 2010
Teh said:
It's a kiss. Period.
I'm too happy to continue. <3

I know right! Why else would the audience (I mean Minako, Yuko, the triplets etc.) have that kinda expression if it was just a hug? LIke, they should know by now that Victor is touchy and a hug shouldn't surprise them sooooooo much
Nov 17, 2016 2:47 PM

Nov 2013
ep felt a little repetitive, comedy gold though for revealing the fandom for the degenerates they are
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Nov 17, 2016 3:06 PM
Nov 2016
VanishingKira said:

they kissed,they kissed,they kissed 30 character blah blah

MY HEART. UGHHHHHHHHHH. I CAN"T HANDLE THIS BEAUTIFUL THING.

But as much as I want it to be true... I don't think they actually k-kissed ;; mostly because I think EVERYONE including Yuri would have reacted a little more "GASP" (although I'm sure Yuri would be happy. I hope he'd be happy <3 )
Nov 17, 2016 3:07 PM
Jun 2009
Lyrel said:
Helenus said:

People can say whatever they want but the fact that they did not show the actual scene is already proof enough that it wasn't a kiss, also the only people that blushed were only the teacher and yuko everybody else just stared and did have no reaction at all. As usual the fandom is making a big deal out of nothing, I'm just wondering why nobody actually talks about how hard viktor was trying comforting yuri throughout the episode, viktor is trying to grow as a person and nobody gives a shit

It's hilarious that the two sides of the Big Debate are pretty much ignoring each other in this thread.

Yes I agree that I really loved that this episode really highlighted Viktor's inexperience with coaching. Up until now he's portrayed as this perfect champion and legendary skater, and then we realize along with Yuri that Viktor isn't a know-all expert when it comes to coaching. Coaching for any sport is not just about teaching technique, it's about knowing the person you're coaching, providing them with a morale boost and giving them the confidence they need to do well.

His outburst telling Yuri not to listen really got to me, that was the first glimpse we really got of Viktor showing fear.
Nov 17, 2016 4:05 PM

Jan 2014
Holy shit.

Did it seriously happen? Holy shit.

Holy fucking shit, guys! This episode shall go down in fucking anime history or some shit.
SapewlothNov 17, 2016 4:09 PM
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Nov 17, 2016 4:14 PM

Nov 2016
Such an amazing episode! I really did enjoy everyone's else performances during the Cup of China program. I was feeling emotional when Yuri was crying in front of Victor knowing that he might resign as coach and all that Yuri wanted was for Victor to have more faith in him. I think it captured some of the emotional aspects of how close to the two have come together as coach and student. I do like the insert song 'Yuri on Ice' as his theme for love when he did a tremendous job with his performance though he only won third place. I kind of wanted him to win and I'm hoping he'll eventually reach to that point in time.

That end scene with Yuri and Victor almost did look like a kiss so I felt strange inside that it's becoming a little intense for me personally. I'm not sure what to feel since this is a first for me about yaoi and stuff. I do love the series and all I'll keep continuing to watch Yuri's progress as he advances towards his goal for the Grand Prix Finals!
Nov 17, 2016 4:39 PM

Aug 2016
JESUS. CHRIST. THAT EPISIDE. WHAT EVEN HAPPENED. I SWEAR THIS BETTER NOT BE FUJOUSHI BAIT. THESE TWO SHOULD GET MARRIED ALREADY. AND LOOK AT YURIO GETTING ALL ANGRY. ITS ADORABLE.
Nov 17, 2016 5:10 PM
Nov 2016
Smudy said:
Best episode of the year next to Re:Zero episode 15. I don't even care about animation anymore. The way they express their stories on the ice is the most mindblowing part.

I was especially stunned during the imagery of the chinese skater, that just looked brilliant.

Phichit and Chris had no mistakes in their free skate, but Phichit snatched it from Chris! I'm honestly surprised :D

I'm sad though that Georgi messed up on his performance, he is a really cool character who expresses his feelings the most on the ice.

The build up to Yuri's performance was amazing, him crying when Viktor told him he would retire almost broke me. But then, THAT SCENE HAPPENED AT THE END! OH MY GOD, i didn't think they would do that!

Quite possibly, this could blow up now immensely due to that scene.

Yep, I agree highly!

At tis point the creators are just yelling GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
in the distance XD
Nov 17, 2016 6:02 PM

Aug 2015
I was mesmerised for the majority of this episode. Some beautiful tracks this show uses.
_Kairu_Nov 17, 2016 6:10 PM
Nov 17, 2016 6:45 PM
Nov 2016
weebna said:
Amazing episode once again.

I liked that Yuuri didn't get the first place because even though he is my favorite, Phichit performance didn't have any fall like Yuuri but of course Yuuri's perfomance was better than the others so second place had to go to him.

This was such an emotional part..... Poor Yuuri! But I'm glad everything ended up being fine and we even got a "kiss" .......... I mean, like I said before Im not a fan of yaoi or shounen ai but if you're gonna put them kissing at least let us see it properly hahah

I agree with you, this anime is very true to the sport of figure skating. Not many performances are perfect and skaters blunder from time to time. I think it was fitting that Yuri got 2nd, he still has to work on his confidence a bit, but he's come such a long way since Victor started coaching him. Just loved this episode. I can't wait for the DVD that's supposed to come out in December.
Nov 17, 2016 6:53 PM
Aug 2016
I loved the kiss scene
and yes, it was a kiss bc there is line art online confirming it was and they landed in a hug
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2016

289 by RGreatDanton »»
May 21, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2016

206 by RGreatDanton »»
May 21, 9:00 AM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2016

386 by RGreatDanton »»
May 21, 8:48 AM

» Movie got cancelled ( 1 2 )

Hickykissy - Apr 18

57 by LaGata7 »»
May 6, 5:36 PM

» Mappa's insane missed oppurtunity...

jotasui - Aug 10, 2023

17 by Niko_himari »»
May 1, 11:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.