Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Aug 14, 2016 5:05 PM

Mar 2015
Another great episode. Poor Willy..
Aug 14, 2016 5:13 PM
Jul 2018
MagrisTheBomb said:
LOL Did anyone else think the fight choreography was exactly like the Cloud vs Bahamut fight scene in Advent Children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNZfdUavdh4

'exactly'? Don't think so. There the throw, and the cutting through the body... But only that, really. Wilhelm didn't float in front of the whale while hitting it repeteatedly, eh.
Aug 14, 2016 5:14 PM
Aug 2016
I literally just created a MAL account because I wanted to talk about this episode. More specifically, why the heck are people praising it? From my viewing experience, the White Whale was prepared as this horrifically uncanny abomination, but when finally fully presented here, for the most part it just seemed like an ugly unicorn whale. I think the fight scene would have been much more fitting to the horror tone of the show had the whole fight been shrouded in the Whale's fog.

Also, in my opinion there were too many elements distracting from the fight, the most egregious element being Wilhelm's flashbacks. I like Wilhelm as a character, but I don't think I needed to know all about his early relationship with his wife in order to understand his commitment to killing the White Whale. I had already gotten more than enough of that in the previous episode. The little moment at the end when the White Whale consumes him and the yellow flower, though, was very touching and effective. I don't really think it required all the flashbacks to be so effective, that's all.

Finally... am I the only one who thinks the fight animation was a bit uninteresting? Compared to Rem's barbaric fighting style or the brilliant clash of battle methods we saw between Emilia and Elsa in Episode 4, I don't really think any of the fighting introduced in this episode was especially interesting or really informed me much about anyone's character. Well, except for Wilhelm's fighting... I didn't really like his fighting style, though. To he, he had presented himself as a stoic level-headed person, I don't really find it believable to then see him flying through the sky and performing stunts. I understand that the White Whale is his sworn enemy, but nothing I had seen of Wilhelm up until this episode had suggested to me that the passion of battle would cause him to act like this. Also, it's not like the animation was of an especially high quality or fluidity, especially compared to the fights we have seen previously in this series.

I dunno. This is the first episode of the show I can honestly say I dislike.
Aug 14, 2016 5:23 PM

Jan 2013
Mich666 said:
And you CAN'T explain them because we don't have all needed informations just yet. Some people knows source material and are spoiling other users here, some people just makes wild guesses but that fact is this wasn't dealt with in this series just yet so until I'm proven otherwise I can view it as plot hole.

You can call it a plot hole the same way you can swear that the sky is neon yellow--that doesn't make it true. A plot hole is something that can only be recognized in retrospect, because its very nature requires a reader to have access to the entirety of the plot and then recognize that there is an unexplainable gap in that plot. Without that, it's not a plot hole--it's a loose end or a dangling plot.

And frankly, I don't understand how (or why) people come into these series with such a minuscule suspension of disbelief. Or why they come in assuming that these are errors or just crappy writing. We see Subaru's "curse" take effect a number of times, and one time it acts differently. Rather than say "I guess it might be broader than we thought," some people say "hey, why did it break the rules that time"? What rules? We just have some examples and some narration from the MC on what he thinks is going on. This is like flipping a coin 6 times, having it always land on heads, and then deciding that one of the rules of flipping coins is that it always lands on heads. Suddenly, it lands on tails once and these people are like "what!? It broke the rules!"
Aug 14, 2016 5:28 PM

Mar 2010
Nanashi said:
Buck_Wade said:
Back in arc 2, saying that he can return by death to the dogs didn't kill anyone. I'm pretty sure it's clear by now that the only time the witch will kill someone is if Subaru INTENDS to actually tell someone about his ability, not just say the name.

Back in arc 2 the rules were different though. Besides he basically told the whole army in range. How would a curse differentiate between him wanting to tell someone for real and him wanting to activate the witches smell.

No it isn't. Wolgrams and White Whale were established as being mabeasts. We know mabeast are attracted to Subaru due to Witch's scent. And just like with the Wolgrams whenever he attempt to reveal RbD in that moment the scent grows in strength. Nothing fundamentally has changed about here that's entire point of why Subaru using it begin with. This should be clear and obvious because the exact same thing has been done before. Subaru even helpfully mentions this so you can get it.

Buck_Wade said:

Surprisingly, I agree with you about the old man, unless I forgot and he actually did have a good amount of screentime and focus in the past episodes.
Yeah, but Subaru's trick makes him a magnet to a GAINT FLYING WHALE...when he's a weak little *bleep*. And now there are THREE. He's screw this time.

You misunderstanding Wilhelm's intent. You haven't noticed something about Thereisa when comes to what she thinks of her status of Sword Saint and why she hid from Wilhelm to begin with. There are clues in her expression and dialogue which something he's realized.
Iron_MawAug 14, 2016 6:06 PM
Aug 14, 2016 5:34 PM
Jul 2018
PianoManGregory said:
I literally just created a MAL account because I wanted to talk about this episode. More specifically, why the heck are people praising it? From my viewing experience, the White Whale was prepared as this horrifically uncanny abomination, but when finally fully presented here, for the most part it just seemed like an ugly unicorn whale. I think the fight scene would have been much more fitting to the horror tone of the show had the whole fight been shrouded in the Whale's fog.

This time it only used the fog when it got angered. It does as it pleases.

Also, in my opinion there were too many elements distracting from the fight, the most egregious element being Wilhelm's flashbacks. I like Wilhelm as a character, but I don't think I needed to know all about his early relationship with his wife in order to understand his commitment to killing the White Whale. I had already gotten more than enough of that in the previous episode. The little moment at the end when the White Whale consumes him and the yellow flower, though, was very touching and effective. I don't really think it required all the flashbacks to be so effective, that's all.

The flashback showed how he even hated her at some point for feeling below her, and for her looking down upon... What was it? It seems like he only enjoyed being a knight for the fighting, yeah. But then she told him about 'protecting someone'--he hadn't agreed.

Finally... am I the only one who thinks the fight animation was a bit uninteresting? Compared to Rem's barbaric fighting style or the brilliant clash of battle methods we saw between Emilia and Elsa in Episode 4, I don't really think any of the fighting introduced in this episode was especially interesting or really informed me much about anyone's character. Well, except for Wilhelm's fighting... I didn't really like his fighting style, though. To he, he had presented himself as a stoic level-headed person, I don't really find it believable to then see him flying through the sky and performing stunts. I understand that the White Whale is his sworn enemy, but nothing I had seen of Wilhelm up until this episode had suggested to me that the passion of battle would cause him to act like this. Also, it's not like the animation was of an especially high quality or fluidity, especially compared to the fights we have seen previously in this series.

I dunno. This is the first episode of the show I can honestly say I dislike.

It's easier to animate a fight of a human against another human, eh. It's fun to see them parrying each other and such, right? But the whale couldn't do that. And it's too big, and flies high. This limits the interactions between the fighters. You know what I'm saying, right? The fight could've felt more satisfying, if the characters were capable of more--if they were overpowered. But I think that the whale could've moved more, though; like I said, it appeared too static in some parts.

Wilhelm? We've been hinted about this, when he lost his cool when hearing about the whale.
removed-userAug 14, 2016 6:02 PM
Aug 14, 2016 5:37 PM
Jul 2016
Jagd84 said:
Nanashi said:

Back in arc 2 the rules were different though. Besides he basically told the whole army in range. How would a curse differentiate between him wanting to tell someone for real and him wanting to activate the witches smell.

No it isn't. Wolgrams and White Whale were established as being mabeasts. We know mabeast are attracted to Subaru due to Witch's scent. And just like with the Wolgrams whenever he attempt to reveal RbD in that moment the scent grows strength. Nothing fundamentally has changed about here that's entire point of why Subaru using it begin with. You're

Buck_Wade said:

Surprisingly, I agree with you about the old man, unless I forgot and he actually did have a good amount of screentime and focus in the past episodes.
Yeah, but Subaru's trick makes him a magnet to a GAINT FLYING WHALE...when he's a weak little *bleep*. And now there are THREE. He's screw this time.

You misunderstanding Wilhelm's intent. You haven't noticed something about Thereisa when comes to what she thinks of her status of Sword Saint and why she hid from Wilhelm to begin with. There are clues in her expression and dialogue which something he's realized.

You know what? I'm just gonna rewatch the episode later.
Aug 14, 2016 5:37 PM

Jan 2014
Not only do we get forced character backstory into a possible character death, but we get it rushed as well. The screen time gets taken up by a poorly animated fight with a plethora of still frames, with many of the hits being made to add drama rather than make sense. Whale is nearly immune to magic and took no damage from several fire casters (the scene also goes dark despite the fact the magic should be dispersed, as this was to add dramatic effect rather than be consistent), yet the whale takes major damage from Rem's ice, sure why have consistency.
Aug 14, 2016 5:39 PM

Dec 2014
I immediately listened to Flying Whales by Gojira after the episode came to its conclusion. He's definitely going to redo this one. Maybe he could get some more help?
Aug 14, 2016 5:39 PM

Apr 2014
was an amazing ep but god damn though things was looking good until the mist happened and then to make things even worst 3 more showed up

the suffering continues

but amazing ep and cant wait to to see what happens next
"one step at a time"
Aug 14, 2016 5:46 PM
Aug 2016
Rehls said:
It's easier to animate a fight of a human against another human, eh. It's fun to see them parrying each other and such, right? But the whale couldn't do that. And it's too big, and flies high. This limits the interactions between the fighters. You know what I'm saying, right? The fight could've felt more satisfying, if the characters were capable of more--if they were overpowered. But I think that the whale could've moved more, though; like I said, it appeared too static in some parts.

Wilhelm? We've been hinted about this, when he lost his cool when hearing about the whale.

Thanks for taking the time to respond! I will try to answer everything you said, but I'm only quoting this part so my reply isn't too giant.

I think the White Whale works best when it is in the fog. Its character design is... really, quite silly. I think it's at its scariest and most effective when it's a menacing presence and a big gaping eyeball. Also, in the fog, the whale can seem to be coming from every direction at once, so this also fixes your problem with it being too static.

As for Wilhelm... yeah, I understand him losing his cool, but having him lose it to the point of doing acrobatics was a bit much for me, it started to feel campy. I like Wilhelm as a character, I want to learn more about him, but I just think this episode was the wrong place for that. I think we should have gotten a Wilhelm flashback in, say, the episode after the fight. That way, Wilhelm's back story would not be interrupting the battle.
Aug 14, 2016 5:50 PM

Mar 2010
PianoManGregory said:
I literally just created a MAL account because I wanted to talk about this episode. More specifically, why the heck are people praising it?

Because other people have stated their reason and have different opinon than you? You aren't a special snowflake just because you signup to speak your voice.

Darkconfidant7 said:
Not only do we get forced character backstory into a possible character death, but we get it rushed as well. The screen time gets taken up by a poorly animated fight with a plethora of still frames, with many of the hits being made to add drama rather than make sense. Whale is nearly immune to magic and took no damage from several fire casters (the scene also goes dark despite the fact the magic should be dispersed, as this was to add dramatic effect rather than be consistent), yet the whale takes major damage from Rem's ice, sure why have consistency.

Aside from your forced jumped to conclusions and diarrhea of buzzwords you spew frrom your mouth, did just fastforward through looking for something complain about? It's stated that using it's mist generated by it's body to reduce the damage done, not that isn't taken any.
Aug 14, 2016 5:54 PM

Jul 2015
Those lips looks like Caster's from UBW.

Aug 14, 2016 5:54 PM
Jul 2018
Darkconfidant7 said:

'forced'? They were expected. Wasn't Wilhelm the star in the episode? It didn't feel rushed. The fight wasn't 'poorly animated'. I most recently use fights from HxH and F/S: UBW for comparison. The 'still frames' you refer to are the whale's, right? Otherwise they were there to maintain the pace. To 'add...'? No. They've been attacking effectively. They were cutting through the body and such. 'Rem's ice' is solid, piercing. The fire balls aren't. The scene 'goes dark' because the smoke blocks the 'artificial sun' they had created before.
removed-userAug 14, 2016 5:59 PM
Aug 14, 2016 5:56 PM
Aug 2016
Jagd84 said:
Because other people have stated their reason and have different opinion than you? You aren't a special snowflake just because you signup to speak your voice.

I corrected your spelling error, by the way. The answer to your question: Yes. I have opinions, and I feel like expressing them. All the best :)
Aug 14, 2016 5:57 PM

Jul 2016
Regarding the timing of the flashback.
I think it was done in this episode to further increase the sense of dread. Theresia's godlike achievements are shown and most of all, it's shown how she is SO far above Wilhelm, the star in this fight. This was a person who didn't like the sword at all, but was effortlessly above Wilhelm, and still LOST against the white whale.

Also her (death?) was VAGUE. Personally when Wilhelm kept cutting the whale, I was expecting Theresia's corpse or something in the whale.

As for the overal 'campiness' of the battle: Wouldn't you say the white whale works even better because he seemed so weak/silly looking in the first half? It's scary because even after all that, it still effortlessly seemed to win at the end of the episode.
Aug 14, 2016 6:01 PM

Oct 2012
Rehls said:
The situation in this episode isn't the same as it was in that one. Subaru understood what Satella did to him. We would in his place. He then knew that she'd not do the same now.

By the way: we weren't made sure of this, but it's likely that Subaru heard what Satella whispered in his ear... We've been shown her caressing his heart before; that's a gesture of love, right? She didn't kill him when he even expected it.

You are just guessing as anyone else. I, for one, believe he still doesn't know how the curse really works and he's just using sideeffects of it (scent). Yes, he used the same thing sucessfully before at the arc2 forest but that was at the time when he still didn't know Satella can kill someone else instead of him (as she knows he doesn't fear his death). The situation now is really different but only because he was given a warning with Emilia death before. Yet he didn't heed this warning and did the same again knowing this and that's why I have problem with his choice. People can see a different between telling it to Emilia and Rem but in the end, it's clearly disobeying witch's will and he should be aware of that.

Ok, just to make things clear, let's sum our facts:

a) Satella doesn't want him to tell others about his ability for whatever reasons
b) Satella sees he don't care about his death so she gives him a warning and threatens him with killing someone else (Emilia).
c) Satella gives him the last(?)warning before something really bad happens (saying tomare) after he clearly disobeys her again).
and d) So called mabeasts goes after him when his curse soakes out - eg. it's very possible they are not on the same side.

btw - I'm still not convinced that Satella the person who cast a spell on him and who he sees in his visions is actually bad person as opposite may be also true. We still DON'T KNOW if Satella is the one who is searching for him with her mabeasts or rather protecting him from being found by mabeasts from inside, that's just explanation he was given. Some characters in this series can actually LIE and their words may not be trustworthy (Puck for example). Something big happened in the past and we still don't know what it was. I just think his protector is someone who has been cast out or cursed by someone else who will be revealed as real villain of this show by a twist. The curse Subaru bears can be actually a gift to protect Emilia.
Aug 14, 2016 6:03 PM

Mar 2010
PianoManGregory said:
Jagd84 said:
Because other people have stated their reason and have different opinion than you? You aren't a special snowflake just because you signup to speak your voice.

I corrected your spelling error, by the way. The answer to your question: Yes. I have opinions, and I feel like expressing them. All the best :)

That ain't my problem. It's you acting as if was incredulous for someone to like the epiosde. Speaking your mind is one thin, challenging others opinions is another. If hadn't included that line as preface to rest of your impression I wouldn't have cared.
Aug 14, 2016 6:07 PM

Apr 2009
Well DAMN! Sad thing I am sure they will top this
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Aug 14, 2016 6:10 PM

Aug 2012
That twist at the end. This just pop-up on my mind but I think the white whales is the guardian of the big tree.
Aug 14, 2016 6:10 PM

Oct 2013
Lol I like how everybody thought that there was a single whale; they get the real deal now. Shoot, if they end up beating all the whales, there'd better be a good method of doing so. Otherwise, I see no way of beating them except through the intro of some OP character or some lame weakness of the whales. I do have a prediction that Wilhelm will kill the whale from the inside, which may be a weakness. Hopefully, it doesn't end up like that cuz that would be really lame
Aug 14, 2016 6:13 PM

Apr 2014
Haven't read the episode discussions since episode 5 but holy fucking shit, what's going on in here. Why are so many people getting baited fucking hell and why are there so many trolls in the first place. It's worse than Erased discussion's were.

OT: Great episode, awesome fight scenes, loving Wilhelm, everyone saying his past is an important subplot just screams that he isn't going to die unfortunately, so I didn't have any shock whatsoever when he "died". The twist that there are in fact more than 1 whale was awesome, I did not expect that. How the fuck are they gonna get out of this one? Hmm... Also, Satella is already my waifu just for seeing a cameo of her nice nice.

5/5
Aug 14, 2016 6:13 PM
Jul 2018
Mich666 said:
Rehls said:
The situation in this episode isn't the same as it was in that one. Subaru understood what Satella did to him. We would in his place. He then knew that she'd not do the same now.

By the way: we weren't made sure of this, but it's likely that Subaru heard what Satella whispered in his ear... We've been shown her caressing his heart before; that's a gesture of love, right? She didn't kill him when he even expected it.

You are just guessing as anyone else. I, for one, believe he still doesn't know how the curse really works and he's just using sideeffects of it (scent). Yes, he used the same thing sucessfully before at the arc2 forest but that was at the time when he still didn't know Satella can kill someone else instead of him (as she knows he doesn't fear his death). The situation now is really different but only because he was given a warning with Emilia death before. Yet he didn't heed this warning and did the same again knowing this and that's why I have problem with his choice. People can see a different between telling it to Emilia and Rem but in the end, it's clearly disobeying witch's will and he should be aware of that.

Ok, just to make things clear, let's sum our facts:

a) Satella doesn't want him to tell others about his ability for whatever reasons
b) Satella sees he don't care about his death so she gives him a warning and threatens him with killing someone else (Emilia).
c) Satella gives him the last(?)warning before something really bad happens (saying tomare) after he clearly disobeys her again).
and d) So called mabeasts goes after him when his curse soakes out - eg. it's very possible they are not on the same side.

btw - I'm still not convinced that Satella the person who cast a spell on him and who he sees in his visions is actually bad person as opposite may be also true. We still DON'T KNOW if Satella is the one who is searching for him with her mabeasts or rather protecting him from being found by mabeasts from inside, that's just explanation he was given. Some characters in this series can actually LIE and their words may not be trustworthy (Puck for example). Something big happened in the past and we still don't know what it was. I just think his protector is someone who has been cast out or cursed by someone else who will be revealed as real villain of this show by a twist. The curse Subaru bears can be actually a gift to protect Emilia.

a) It'd obviously endanger his life. It'd be unwise for us in his place to do the same.
b) Yeah. He didn't care that one time.
c) 'tomare'? What she said might be still uncertain. But people said that she said 'ai shiteru' or something. Means 'I love you'. And it kind of matches the movement of her mouth, if you pay attention. Her mouth widens, teeth are shown, when saying 'ai', then it narrows when she finishes by saying 'shiteru'. Don't think it's a 'last warning'.

The heart caressing is far from guessing; it's a pretty clear gesture of love.
removed-userAug 14, 2016 6:18 PM
Aug 14, 2016 6:14 PM
Aug 2016
Why that white whale is multipying...and why the heck did wilfheim arc stuck in the middle without conclusion....@_@this is quite confusing...LoL,Stella Hype...
Aug 14, 2016 6:15 PM
Aug 2016
Jagd84 said:
It's you acting as if was incredulous for someone to like the epiosde. Speaking your mind is one thin, challenging others opinions is another. If hadn't included that line as preface to rest of your impression I wouldn't have cared.

We obviously have gotten off on the wrong foot, I'm not quite sure why. Have you found my conduct condescending or entitled? I only intended to post my sincere opinions on this episode, along with a tiny bit of personal context because that's always a fun thing to add in. I wish we were not currently quibbling about this miscommunication of tone, after all I initially came here to talk about one of my 3 favourite currently-running series! Anyway, cheers mate.
Aug 14, 2016 6:20 PM

Oct 2012
Revert67 said:
He did not want to die after Rems death, only after Emilias death he wanted to be killed. Meaning: Killing Emilia is the only greater punishment for Subaru than killing him.

That's actually not true - otherwise he wouldn't grieved and restarted for Rem before. His feelings for Rem are possibly stronger or on the same level just different - but he still hasn't realized that just yet.

Also, telling Emilia and telling Rem or anyone else is technically the same. Satella reacted harshly when he tried to tell Rem before.

So killing Rem would have the same (maybe even stronger) effect on him right now. It would make him restart too (even though this arc is obviously bulit-up so the Rem can ultimately sacrifice herself for him in the end and he would have to come in terms with that). People can object that the witch wouldn't kill someone here after what he achieved in the last try (the same what the witch wants to be achieved) and even Subaru can be hope she would do nothing after he tries to spell out Return by Death to others but the fact is Subaru simply CAN'T BE SURE what she'll do as she can be quite unfathomable in her ways.
Aug 14, 2016 6:25 PM
Jul 2018
@Mich666

You should've realized by now that Subaru only didn't fear getting a permanent death that one time. Because things were too bad for him and he was too stressed and couldn't take it anymore. But it hasn't been the same. He succeeding in getting help gave him hopes. As long as he can hope, he'll keep trying.
Aug 14, 2016 6:25 PM

May 2016
I just want to say that I love her.
Aug 14, 2016 6:26 PM

Jul 2016
-Stray said:
Wilhelm is one badass mf, so was his wife, as expected of Reinhard's grandparents.
Subaru getting badass alright! and that ending... fcking 3 of those giant motherfckers came flying around them, it was at that moment that everyone knew, they fcked up.

It took me a while to realize that they are his grandparents

- Reinhard van Astrea
Aug 14, 2016 6:26 PM

Jan 2011
PianoManGregory said:
Jagd84 said:
It's you acting as if was incredulous for someone to like the epiosde. Speaking your mind is one thin, challenging others opinions is another. If hadn't included that line as preface to rest of your impression I wouldn't have cared.

We obviously have gotten off on the wrong foot, I'm not quite sure why. Have you found my conduct condescending or entitled? I only intended to post my sincere opinions on this episode, along with a tiny bit of personal context because that's always a fun thing to add in. I wish we were not currently quibbling about this miscommunication of tone, after all I initially came here to talk about one of my 3 favourite currently-running series! Anyway, cheers mate.
No, that's just his style. Somehow he routinely gathers anything that points to one disliking any aspect of the show as a threat and responds accordingly. I don't even really wanna respond to this post because it's almost certainly going to result in either insults or side shots from this guy. Look at the older threads for this series and you'll notice a reactionary style towards opposing views. Even when their perfectly legitimate there's this slight tucked away. Like the almost definite rhetorical question you asked in your first post.
Aug 14, 2016 6:29 PM
Aug 2016
QWERTYFish25 said:
No, that's just his style. Somehow he routinely gathers anything that points to one disliking any aspect of the show as a threat and responds accordingly. I don't even really wanna respond to this post because it's almost certainly going to result in either insults or side shots from this guy. Look at the older threads for this series and you'll notice a reactionary style towards opposing views.

Ah, that's really too bad. Guess I'll just stop responding to him, then, thanks for the heads up!
Aug 14, 2016 6:34 PM

Aug 2012
MyCoinsYourPurse said:
I immediately listened to Flying Whales by Gojira after the episode came to its conclusion. He's definitely going to redo this one. Maybe he could get some more help?

Now I can see the whales!
Looming out of the dark!
Like arrows in the sky,
I can't believe my eyes!
But it's true

I've been waiting since like episode 17 for this moment. The final scene captures these lyrics perfectly.
Aug 14, 2016 6:36 PM

Jan 2011
PianoManGregory said:
QWERTYFish25 said:
No, that's just his style. Somehow he routinely gathers anything that points to one disliking any aspect of the show as a threat and responds accordingly. I don't even really wanna respond to this post because it's almost certainly going to result in either insults or side shots from this guy. Look at the older threads for this series and you'll notice a reactionary style towards opposing views.

Ah, that's really too bad. Guess I'll just stop responding to him, then, thanks for the heads up!

I hate speaking ill of people or giving others an opinion of someone they hardly know but over 4 months of this is hardly ignorable.
Aug 14, 2016 6:43 PM

Aug 2012
HaiDuong-senpai said:
I just want to say that I love her.

^seconded. GMILF all the way.
Aug 14, 2016 6:44 PM

Jun 2016
now he can attack it from the inside! right?
Scream!
Aug 14, 2016 6:48 PM

Jul 2016
HE CLOSED HIS EYES THO! SURELY HE MUST BE DED.
Aug 14, 2016 6:52 PM

Jan 2014
Jagd84 said:
PianoManGregory said:
I literally just created a MAL account because I wanted to talk about this episode. More specifically, why the heck are people praising it?

Because other people have stated their reason and have different opinon than you? You aren't a special snowflake just because you signup to speak your voice.

Darkconfidant7 said:

Aside from your forced jumped to conclusions and diarrhea of buzzwords you spew frrom your mouth, did just fastforward through looking for something complain about? It's stated that using it's mist generated by it's body to reduce the damage done, not that isn't taken any.

The smoke was from the fire casters not the whale, please read the comment before starting your fanboy rage. Saying buzzword is not a valid form of defense as well..
Aug 14, 2016 6:57 PM

Jul 2013
I'm so pissed Wilhelm's wife is already dead - she seemed like such a cool character in those flashbacks it would've been awesome to see her still alive and fighting.
Aug 14, 2016 6:57 PM

Sep 2013
Thought this was a pretty good episode. Willhelm's wife looks like Reinhard so pretty much confirmed that the Astrea family is strong as fuck.

Raise hope by utterly beating the shit out of the White Whale, only to realize that your best shots had no effect despite the damage. Now you have 2 more and 2 power house fighters are killed. Damn.

Needs more Crusch, she didn't do too much but from what she has shown thus far, she seems she can be the powerhouse out of the candidates.

Aug 14, 2016 6:58 PM

Apr 2012

this show is so stupid lol
it's doing too much

Aug 14, 2016 6:58 PM

Mar 2015
I didn't understand why Emilia is the only one the witch was able to kill when he talked. Otherwise, it's the heart crush attack. I wonder how much that poor heart of his can take..
Aug 14, 2016 6:59 PM

Feb 2012
Nayrael said:
Flawfinder said:
Then why exactly is Subaru the main character? Yes, a real person would be as pathetic as he is, but then why is the show trying to push him as the main lead rather than a side character? Re:Zero isn't a character study anime, so sitting through his uselessness has been pointless and annoying.

Because it's an Anime about a normal guy transported into a grim fantasy world who has to make due with what he has, not about someone's wish fullfilment. Whoever picked this series expecting him to be a capable fighter, even though the premiere hinted that he is just an Average Joe, is frankly an troll at best and an idiot at worst.

First off, that's not an answer to my question. That's just an explanation for why the writer did it rather than an answer for why the story needs it. Second, do NOT defend your position by saying how much the opposite extreme of the situation sucks. Who cares if it's a worse alternative? Quality is NOT supposed to be binary. For the most part, it's about finding good middle ground.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Aug 14, 2016 7:00 PM

Mar 2015
Zeally said:

this show is so stupid lol
it's doing too much

Just when you think the giant flying fat whale is going to die, his entire freakin family shows up. TOO MUCH! Nice pic by the way.
Aug 14, 2016 7:19 PM

Jan 2011
bruh c'mon with that ending i kinda figured it was doing some sort of calling before the fog but even more whales..i guess all these years everyone just assumed there was just one
Aug 14, 2016 7:26 PM

Mar 2010
Darkconfidant7 said:

The smoke was from the fire casters not the whale, please read the comment before starting your fanboy rage. Saying buzzword is not a valid form of defense as well..

That's what I'm talking about. It's got damaged by them, but the Whale's mist reduced it's impact as stated in the show. So how you calm down and actually pay attention instead of mouthing off about inconsistencies and when just didn't care understand what happened? You're look to be more interested in being a contrarian as usual anyway.

QWERTYFish25 said:
PianoManGregory said:

No, that's just his style. Somehow he routinely gathers anything that points to one disliking any aspect of the show as a threat and responds accordingly. I don't even really wanna respond to this post because it's almost certainly going to result in either insults or side shots from this guy. Look at the older threads for this series and you'll notice a reactionary style towards opposing views. Even when their perfectly legitimate there's this slight tucked away. Like the almost definite rhetorical question you asked in your first post.

Nice strawman, but I don't particularity care anyway. I'm far better than someone comes to threads repeatedly for same show to talk about how much sucks or that sucks doesn't care about in-universe explanations and is incapable of dropping it because it happens to be popular with other people. At end of season you gonna wonder why idiotically watched it.
Iron_MawAug 14, 2016 7:39 PM
Aug 14, 2016 7:28 PM
Feb 2016
pekuses said:
-Stray said:
I dont say this often but now would probably be a good time to kill yourself Subaru, and think of a better plan, now you know there is more than just 1 fcking whale.

But how to prove it?
He dont need to prove it, Crusch can smell lies.
Aug 14, 2016 7:29 PM

Jan 2016
Every episode just leaves me craving for more. :(

Is it possible that the WHOLE series can receive an anime adaptation?

Some people said that the 20 episodes that we've seen so far only cover less than 10% of the ongoing story so far..
At least justify your opinions instead of just saying "it's my opinion". It would've been more polite.

Aug 14, 2016 7:38 PM
Jul 2016
Flawfinder said:
Nayrael said:

Because it's an Anime about a normal guy transported into a grim fantasy world who has to make due with what he has, not about someone's wish fullfilment. Whoever picked this series expecting him to be a capable fighter, even though the premiere hinted that he is just an Average Joe, is frankly an troll at best and an idiot at worst.

First off, that's not an answer to my question. That's just an explanation for why the writer did it rather than an answer for why the story needs it. Second, do NOT defend your position by saying how much the opposite extreme of the situation sucks. Who cares if it's a worse alternative? Quality is NOT supposed to be binary. For the most part, it's about finding good middle ground.

I'm sorry, but answering your question is like answering why person x eats vanilla ice cream instead of chocolate; they're completely different.
Aug 14, 2016 7:38 PM
Jul 2016
Eric said:
Every episode just leaves me craving for more. :(

Is it possible that the WHOLE series can receive an anime adaptation?

Some people said that the 20 episodes that we've seen so far only cover less than 10% of the ongoing story so far..

Considering the high popularity of the anime in Japan, season 2 and beyond are really high.
Aug 14, 2016 7:42 PM

Apr 2015
Mich666 said:
Revert67 said:
He did not want to die after Rems death, only after Emilias death he wanted to be killed. Meaning: Killing Emilia is the only greater punishment for Subaru than killing him.

That's actually not true - otherwise he wouldn't grieved and restarted for Rem before. His feelings for Rem are possibly stronger or on the same level just different - but he still hasn't realized that just yet.

Also, telling Emilia and telling Rem or anyone else is technically the same. Satella reacted harshly when he tried to tell Rem before.

So killing Rem would have the same (maybe even stronger) effect on him right now. It would make him restart too (even though this arc is obviously bulit-up so the Rem can ultimately sacrifice herself for him in the end and he would have to come in terms with that). People can object that the witch wouldn't kill someone here after what he achieved in the last try (the same what the witch wants to be achieved) and even Subaru can be hope she would do nothing after he tries to spell out Return by Death to others but the fact is Subaru simply CAN'T BE SURE what she'll do as she can be quite unfathomable in her ways.

Not sure what to say about your other stuff, but for Subaru's decision to try the Return By Death bait again. Maybe it was just me, but I think I can tell the reason why.

They were in a fog, people were dying, people in pain and they couldn't see where the Whale is. At that point, it was either wait out the fog and possibly die or he could try his Return By Death to bait the whale and lead it out of the fog. It wasn't said, but Idk I think we have a good grasp of how Subaru thinks and feels by now that an action like that makes sense.

tldr; all Subaru can do is bait the Whale with his Return By Death and he decided to do that when they were surrounded by fog by the whale who was killing people etc
Pages (16) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

726 by MrList »»
Jul 6, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

764 by Thnxdud »»
Jul 1, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2016

866 by mozgow »»
Jun 28, 3:30 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

360 by MrList »»
Jun 26, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2016

819 by tr25a3 »»
Jun 23, 11:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.