Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 14, 2016 6:00 AM

Mar 2008
Hotaru will probably die to save her girlfriend Hime
Aug 14, 2016 6:13 AM

Dec 2013
KobushiDeNanpa said:
Bitches calling mc EDGY.
..While this whole title is fucking edgy.

What does this word mean? I didn't figure it out yet (roflmao).

Gaelenmyr said:

Stop that. Hotaru is best girl. She can't die. She's invincible.
Aug 14, 2016 6:50 AM
Jul 2016
it'll gonna be sucks if canaria is really dead :/
Aug 14, 2016 7:54 AM

Dec 2013
SacredBlade said:
it'll gonna be sucks if canaria is really dead :/

Why? I hope for more deaths, but do NOT touch Hotaru.
Aug 14, 2016 7:59 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Looks like things are starting to get real for this show with the arrival of a vast unknown invasion force. That was a good entrance for them though.

Tenkawa is as powerful as always and i love the speech that she gave to the students when they started to freeze. Truly this is Aoi Yuuki''s best role for this season.

It seems the MC finally went mad after losing Cana but he needs to accept the fact that people die in war.

Hotaru is as strong as ever though and the show is also starting to focus more on the support characters like Mamiko Noto's character Airi which i think is a good thing as i like her character.

Combat in this episode was strong but a little unfocused

Honestly Tenkawa, Hotaru and the chiba siblings and Aoi san are the best characters for this show and are much better characters than the mc. Now with Cana gone the mc is just an idiot

Edit Little Maihime is so cute though

Still this was a good episode though and it looks like the enemy are also introducing something new to the fight as well so things are getting interesting.

Hope that Hime survives though because this episode sure has a lot of death flags in it
ShingsterAug 14, 2016 9:18 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2016 8:29 AM

Sep 2015
It was an ok episode.
Seriously what is even going on anymore...
Aug 14, 2016 12:11 PM

Dec 2013
Animation was kinda wonky at times, specially showing those secondary back ground characters. Then there's the fact that I have no idea where this story wants to go now. I can practically hear Morgan Freeman's voice at the end going "And that is the story of how everyone on this plant Earth died..."
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 14, 2016 12:32 PM
Dec 2014
That scene with Airi on the battlefield was so awkward. She didn't look scared, she didn't look any more concerned than she usually does. I suspect that there wasn't even a slightest chance that anything could hit her. The adults seem to have their thing going on.

And then we get scenes of her regretting something in the train. This whole thing looked like she knew exactly that Hime will stay. Guess that was part of some plan and now she regrets it.
Aug 14, 2016 12:34 PM
Mar 2016
So can we say that there will be a Maihime death flag ?

Then again I do hope there is, since I kinda hate the Hotaru X Maihime yuri thing.
Aug 14, 2016 1:01 PM
Mar 2012
Hotaru's driving & Hime's kiddie voice were the best parts, the rest...
Art & anim actually worse than that chinese cartoon (Hitori no Shita, which also has cool fight choreography).
Is Suzaku's emoness beyond saving? He went Moses even when there's no budget. Enemy evolved into humanoids it seems, but still no animation.
Aug 14, 2016 1:13 PM

Apr 2014
*sigh* I hope that she does not die. This is bad for the heart...

Kamiyan3991 said:
Gaelenmyr said:

No screw it. No one will die. Hotaru and Maihime ARE INVINCIBLE.
Aug 14, 2016 1:18 PM

Sep 2013
Won't it get better if it takes a Matix route and say that the adults are real enemy and pods are to rescue the students!!!!!!!!

Go Icchan!! destroy it all....become a Mad King Targaryean and 'Burn it All'.......

Come on...... kill that clingy Hotaru and incesty Asuha. The plot is sure to become interesting. It tickles my imagination!!!
Aug 14, 2016 1:27 PM

Nov 2013
meh i've been defending this show cause i actually like Maihime and the red haired girl...if one of them dies then i'll seriously drop this...
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Aug 14, 2016 5:06 PM

Apr 2013
Yeah..that flashback was pointless, I still don't care about this little girl or her yuri relationship. I'm just want to find out if canaria really died.
Aug 14, 2016 6:11 PM

Feb 2015
SimplyKairi said:
6 eps in and I still don't know what they're fighting...

This is the first thing that popped into my head at the end..

But man, these death Flags are something else..

3/5 for this episode.
Aug 14, 2016 6:14 PM

Dec 2015
Holmes15 said:
Yeah..that flashback was pointless, I still don't care about this little girl or her yuri relationship. I'm just want to find out if canaria really died.

Yes she really died
Aug 14, 2016 9:46 PM

Jan 2014
some people sure are funny, if we are going to make an anime with a gary stu or mary sue and no one get killed (like A.Zero for example), they complaint, now they are also complaining

I think this is a parody of Aldnoah Zero (and the like in which even strongest and so sophisticated enemy can't defeat or kill you off)

In this show people get killed by trashy fodder.

10/10
Aug 14, 2016 10:36 PM
Mar 2014
Enternal said:
Kamiyan3991 said:

No screw it. No one will die. Hotaru and Maihime ARE INVINCIBLE.

I for one, am certain neither Hime nor Hotaru will die until Hotaru gets to Hime, both of them still alive, and Hotaru says to Hime

I would be surprised if that didn't happen. XD

Also...

Aug 15, 2016 3:31 AM

Dec 2012
I knew that oversized naval jacket had to come from somewhere. Now I do. The OST during Hime's battle scene was great. The music in QC has been above expectations and I might actually get the OST when it comes out. Those childhood promises look like death flags to me. If either Hime or Hotaru dies I'm going to be so bummed out :| They are my faves of the show so far.
allo
Aug 15, 2016 3:57 AM
May 2013
the only reason this anime is somehow interesting is because of those unknown, i want to know more about them
Aug 15, 2016 8:29 AM

Jun 2013
i honestly don't know what to think about this anymore
Aug 16, 2016 7:42 AM
Jul 2016
My theory:

2-4 episodes per city.
Final episode for each city will be the death of the head or subhead.

Hence, I assume either Maihime or Hotaru sacrifices for the other next episode or on episode 8.
Aug 16, 2016 9:10 AM

Jul 2016
I think that little girl will take the lead of Tokyo team and be the protagonist because she may replace Carine's position,therefore background story is required.I think this anime has some potential after I watched this episode and my consideration,despite how dreadful in the beginning.Phew...Writing a review of this anime is harsh......

Life is empty without anime

Aug 16, 2016 5:28 PM
Dec 2014
Auck said:
Deen level animation, hope it improves.

Even deen is better than this!
Aug 16, 2016 8:15 PM
Feb 2016
Yeah, I don't know what to think anymore. It's clear by now that, contrary to the expectations set up by the first episode, the Tokyo head is not the MC. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he only makes brief appearances like in this ep right through to the end, or winds up getting killed off in ep7 (was actually kinda surprised he was still alive at all). As such, any predictions based on the start of his arc won't really apply. I'm still expecting either for them to all wake up from a matrix-like scenario, or for it to turn out that the unknown are the good guys, but at this point it seems like it could go anywhere. I think it's safe to assume that the final 4ish eps will focus on the Chiba siblings, but it's a little strange because at this point they've had basically no character development.

What is the setting for the novels? I think I read that one of them was set before the invasion? It seems a little strange that all three of the authors are known for their romantic comedies, yet while there's romance to be seen in this, it most certainly is not a romantic comedy.
Aug 16, 2016 10:14 PM
Mar 2014
Allarielle said:
What is the setting for the novels? I think I read that one of them was set before the invasion? It seems a little strange that all three of the authors are known for their romantic comedies, yet while there's romance to be seen in this, it most certainly is not a romantic comedy.

The first series is Kuzu to Kinka no Qualidea and its story is mostly set before the invasion of the Unknowns. The invasion is hinted at towards the end.

The plots of the other novels took place within the span of roughly a year before the events in the Anime. They focused on establishing the characters in the Anime and detailed their backgrounds in how they got to where they are now.

I've read only KuzuKin, the Tokyo and Kanagawa novels, and am currently halfway through the Chiba one and yes, there are actually romantic comedy elements in all of them although they're balanced out with serious bits as well so they're not purely romcom.

Where Speakeasy plans to take the Anime's story is something not even those who have read the novels know. We're all in the dark as much as everyone else. :s
DavleyAug 16, 2016 11:08 PM
Aug 17, 2016 7:26 AM

Apr 2016
Don't die Maihime!
You're my fave character and I don't like sensing death flags.
Aug 17, 2016 11:36 AM

Jul 2015
Oh boy, that looks pretty bad. Main dude is now just straight up punching stuff in rage, but it's working, so I guess that's fine. And there was some of Maihime's backstory and an explanation for their powers, so that's also pretty good, except for the building suspicion that Hime was going too die, so I was wondering about that the whole time, I mean, good god so many death flags this episode. Anyway I like Hime, shes pretty good.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 18, 2016 2:38 AM

Oct 2015
In my opinion the episode was like any other.
I'm getting the feeling that Maihime will die. But it would be good if she didn't.
I think Canaria will return.
Let there be light...
Aug 18, 2016 4:59 AM

Jul 2015
RedShade said:
i thought this anime suppose to be happy go lucky type of anime..
i really underestimate this anime..

please don't take Hime away...

Exactly. In the first episodes they were fighting each other to get some bad guy frags... but now... mc are getting killed by trash mobs.
Aug 18, 2016 6:45 AM

Jun 2013
Maihime is easily the best character in this anime, and they're probably gunna kill her off.

That's about it this anime is pretty generic
Aug 18, 2016 7:45 AM
Jun 2012
One image spoiler from next episode

Aug 18, 2016 12:38 PM

Jul 2015
marconii2002 said:
One image spoiler from next episode

Thanks!
so many zergs
Aug 18, 2016 3:15 PM

Sep 2012
At this point, I'm only staying for Hime and Hotaru, and the need to want to know what's up with these Unknowns. Went from little pod things to these bipedal dudes. This is starting to remind me of World Trigger and how the Neighbors had different kinds of soldiers. I had a feeling those pods weren't just crushing people but capturing them (same idea as WT), though we can't really tell that. The bunch attacking Hime kind of disproves that, but that might just be because she too OP. Maybe that's why the bipedals came out.

The quality drop is so bad though. This could have been much better. Though that can be said about a lot of animes.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Aug 19, 2016 5:31 AM
Aug 2015
this episode is so bitter sweet.. Hotaru never breaks a promise to Hime and hope that she can continue to fullfill her promises with Hime... i just hope Hime will be okay... i can't bear it if we lose her too.. i hope Canaria's disappearance will be unveiled soon
Aug 20, 2016 5:14 AM

Mar 2011
wouldn't be surprised to see a person from each city die. Hime seems too obvious, so probably Hotaru from the Kanagawa side and Hachiman wannabe from Chiba side.
Aug 20, 2016 1:40 PM

Feb 2015
it's just.....tbh, i'm still mad right now. i'm hoping to see some improvements but nothing. still the same either for animation and story/character although i think the character is okay. but lol seriously. what the heck with the amount of death flags in this episode. i want to say for sure she will die but i can't say it for sure somehow. i doubt it a little.

maybe she will die in the next episode ?
let's see......
Aug 26, 2016 3:10 PM

Apr 2015
Ayyy lmao. Hahahahaha this episode l0l.

Tbh I can't take this anime serious. It's just to chaotic.

Bad episode.
Aug 28, 2016 10:03 AM

Jul 2009
I hope Hotaru or Hime are not going to die...
Sep 17, 2016 2:18 AM

Apr 2014
Okay, dropped, bye!
Sep 19, 2016 10:30 AM

Jan 2014
the strongest my ass. those flash back really give me a death flag vibe.
first Canaria, then Maihime, I guess those head and sub-head gonna get killed one by one. and then the world end.
who would gonna protect the earth when the strongest meet her death so easily?
watching this episode it's like I'm watching Akame ga Kill for a second time.
Oct 4, 2016 4:34 AM
Dec 2014
Oh God I seriously didn't expect this anime to be so depressing. I can't take it.

I mean they're dropping like flies now. Not to mention the Tokyo guy's lost it.

I can't believe they've killed off Cana. I think I'm in denial because part of me's hoping she's just going to reappear somehow.
ExoticPineappleOct 4, 2016 4:37 AM
Jun 13, 2020 5:15 AM

Apr 2016
What a boring episode, it’s definitely the worst so far.
Feb 17, 4:22 AM

Aug 2017
I don't mind Maihime that much unlike that edgy douchebag mc, so hope she survives but with all those death flags it's either her or Hotaru that's gonna die.

Animation still sucks and somehow got even worse, the Unknown are still something mysterious but we learned a little bit how the "World" power works.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Qualidea Code's name meaning

Havamug - May 25

3 by AmirTheGrey »»
May 28, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

111 by redorzo »»
Feb 23, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

105 by redorzo »»
Feb 14, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

175 by redorzo »»
Feb 14, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2016

89 by redorzo »»
Feb 13, 11:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.