Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 6, 2011 1:23 PM

Sep 2008
Waffles66 said:
For me, this was the worst episode of the entire season. That whole scene with Touma at school with his friends and them talking about non-blood related sisters giving shoulder massages was absolutely dreadful. It had no point whatsoever and that was pretty much the same throughout the rest of the episode. Little skits that were supposed to be funny, but honestly how many times can we watch someone being walked in while showering or having their skirt blown up? I thought this show was pretty damn good at the beginning and I even rated it an 8, and gradually each week it's been going downhill. I would have dropped it down to a 5 if it weren't for the ending, which foreshadows some pretty badass fights. With 7 episodes left, please, for the love all of things good in this world, let that be the last "cute" episode.

When you say "It had no point whatsoever", do you base this on an accurate knowledge of how the events that occurred in today's episode effect the rest of the arc? Touma defleaing his cat with imouto seems pretty pointless until the newly introduced character is found dead in an alleyway revealing a dark and secretive plot.

Personally, I can't think of a single moment from this weeks episode that doesn't become relevant over the course of the arch.
Feb 6, 2011 1:32 PM

Nov 2009
Probably my favorite episode in the series so far. Not alot of action, but good character interaction and pacing. A+
m0RTaLFeb 6, 2011 9:08 PM
Feb 6, 2011 1:56 PM

Sep 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Gangler said:
I agree with you Gangler but I think they could do much more with Accelerator by randomly inserting him here and there, which I think it will happen soon judging by the new OP's part where he fights.

Oh for sure. Accelerator is just an awesome character, and I don't think I'd be spoiling anything by saying he really shines this arch.

From a writing perspective it must have taken a ridiculous level of restraint to not bring him back until now when all the necessary pieces are in place. I mean he was introduced in volume three. That's nine volumes ago. You know Kazuma was probably more excited than anyone when he put the character together. Then he just threw him on the backburner until the time was right a couple years later.. It's pretty cool^^
Feb 6, 2011 5:01 PM

Feb 2010
So, there comes a Misaka-Slice-Of-Life-Episode and it firstly after a couple of episodes entertains me. So basically, this show is only good for the storyless comedy parts.
Feb 6, 2011 6:14 PM

Aug 2010
Finally my fav characters, Accelerator and MISAKA (not Last Order) get some decent acting time, and it seems like the next ep. will be comletely devoted to them.
Feb 6, 2011 6:53 PM

Jan 2008
So much lols--I had to watch it a second time.
Feb 6, 2011 7:25 PM

Jun 2009
THIS is what every episode should be like. 5/5
Feb 6, 2011 7:48 PM
Jan 2011
Blutspender said:
So, there comes a Misaka-Slice-Of-Life-Episode and it firstly after a couple of episodes entertains me. So basically, this show is only good for the storyless comedy parts.

This is actually where the story takes off and got the index series popular. Though i did like a lot of the past episodes.
Wanna read the"To aru majutsu no index" Light novels in English? Go here.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=To_Aru_Majutsu_no_Index

Feb 6, 2011 7:59 PM
Jun 2010
Man, biribiri carries this show...its amazing how good the episodes are when it focuses on characters other than our speech making male protagonist.

If I ever win the lotto I will totally foot the bill for a railgun II.
Feb 6, 2011 9:19 PM

Mar 2010
This episode itself was better than the entire previous arc alone! It was hilarious, i'd have to admit. When Kuroko teleported to Uihara, ha ha ha! Misaka still as timid as ever, and Touma as lost. Their scene together was too cute to bare. The new OP is somewhat of a letdown considering the previous was way more ''upbeat'' and suited to the show. I won't complain, though because I love Mami Kawada with all my heart! <3 <3 <3 I'm just glad to see the regular old ''To Aru Majutsu no Index'' back on track from that horrendous previous arc. Revolution, she said? I'm not sure how to interpret that? Let's hope for the best in the next episode! :) I'm also surprised no one has brought up Kazakiri from the first season. Absolutely looking forward to the next!
Feb 6, 2011 10:51 PM

Nov 2009
omgawd, so much misakaaaa <3
is that ending seriously foreals?
wow accelerator makes it seem like barging into the bathroom is an everyday thing rofl.
here's hoping this fun-ness continues ^_^
Feb 7, 2011 12:17 AM

Oct 2010
ZgMfx2oAFrEeDoM said:
I'm also surprised no one has brought up Kazakiri from the first season. Absolutely looking forward to the next!
I guess my post was TL;dr but I did mention her. I too am looking forward as to how she will play a part in the upcoming episodes. IMO The fact that she was fading and being on top of some type of structure shows a lot. I am guessing something will happen and based on the resolve it will be, I am hoping lots of drama and action. I want more than anything what happens in the following pic,

Accelerator royal action pawning. What bothers me is that he mentions that he can only last 15 minutes? Ah shit, someone remind me of what exactly made him limited. Memory blank there, seriously.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 7, 2011 12:27 AM

May 2009
alexcampos said:
YES!!!
I really wish the author would do something like that...
I would personally like this series more if there were no index.
Then, it's not TaMnI anymore, It'll be like, "That Biribiri can't be this cute" series, that's no fun, Index and the others also has their moe, and slice of life points, you know :/
desolatoFeb 7, 2011 9:40 AM

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Feb 7, 2011 12:49 AM
Jan 2011
Tsuki-Hime said:
I think they are independent. last order is just one more member of the network (as far as i understand). yeah. i think she will get out of her range or accelerator will save her, but i wonder why her attitude suddenly changed after removing those glasses. actually i was thinking about this since beginning, why sisters wear those glasses on the forehead and i think this is the first time we got an answer but after removing its seems that they are some kind of controlling seal to stop them going berserk.
It's clearly explained in season 1 that the Sisters have to wear the goggles to see electricity and magnetism, something the real Misaka can do naturally.

Last Order is the administrator of the Misaka network. What this means exactly I'm not sure, but I imagine she has some kind of control over the other Sisters.

Otherwise, this was a great breather episode. I really love the Religion vs. Science aspect of the rest of it, but it was getting far too serious and heavy for too long. I'm quite the fan of Misaka, and any time she shows up my day gets better.

Accelerator too. I love how when he's walking to the shower, he sounds like he wants the shower to suffer a horrible and painful death. His voice actor is superb at conveying the apathetic-yet-pissed attitude.

On the note of Index not appearing, I think it's important to remember that, despite the title, she's not the main character. She's one of many members in the Kamijou Faction growing in Academy City. I know a lot of people would say that Kamijou Faction == Kamijou Harem, but I've really got to disagree on that point. There are quite a few people that would ally with Touma in an emergency situation that aren't female.
desolatoFeb 7, 2011 9:40 AM
Feb 7, 2011 1:28 AM

May 2009
MorsvirSyphin said:
On the note of Index not appearing, I think it's important to remember that, despite the title, she's not the main character. She's one of many members in the Kamijou Faction growing in Academy City. I know a lot of people would say that Kamijou Faction == Kamijou Harem, but I've really got to disagree on that point. There are quite a few people that would ally with Touma in an emergency situation that aren't female.

Riiiiigggghhhttt... like that's the case. The story revolve around her and Touma, in the story's case, she is the main heroine on the magic side, while Mikoto is the main heroine on the science side, not much is known about her since her memories and her true self hasn't been fully revealed yet, if you're reading the novel, you'll notice her existence is far more important than anybody else, her story has the same pace as Touma.

The Anglican Church needs her, more likely, Laura Stuart needs her for a great 'something', while Kamijou Touma is an absolute neccesity for Aleister Plans. Aleister Crowley and Laura Stuart... expect something big from them. Can you see now her significance despite of her short appearances?

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Feb 7, 2011 2:01 AM
Jan 2011
Aezile said:
Riiiiigggghhhttt... like that's the case. The story revolve around her and Touma, in the story's case, she is the main heroine on the magic side, while Mikoto is the main heroine on the science side, not much is known about her since her memories and her true self hasn't been fully revealed yet, if you're reading the novel, you'll notice her existence is far more important than anybody else, her story has the same pace as Touma.

The Anglican Church needs her, more likely, Laura Stuart needs her for a great 'something', while Kamijou Touma is an absolute neccesity for Aleister Plans. Aleister Crowley and Laura Stuart... expect something big from them. Can you see now her significance despite of her short appearances?

I can't comment on the contents of the novels since I haven't read them yet. However, in the anime, she only influences the plot a few times. I have no doubt that she is important in the future, given her status as the Index of Forbidden Texts and her usefulness to all magic users. In the anime, however, Touma is presented as the main character.
Feb 7, 2011 4:33 AM

Nov 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
I guess my post was TL;dr but I did mention her. I too am looking forward as to how she will play a part in the upcoming episodes. IMO The fact that she was fading and being on top of some type of structure shows a lot. I am guessing something will happen and based on the resolve it will be, I am hoping lots of drama and action. I want more than anything what happens in the following pic,

Accelerator royal action pawning. What bothers me is that he mentions that he can only last 15 minutes? Ah shit, someone remind me of what exactly made him limited. Memory blank there, seriously.
He got shot in the head when he was clearing the virus out of Last Order's head, he was using up all of his minds calcuation abilities to purge her mind so his reflection was turned off. It turned back on right as the bullet hit him so it didn't go any deeper than his frontal lobe, but that in turn destroyed his minds' ability to perform complex calculations. So now he has that thing on his neck and those headphones that allow him to use the Misaka network to boost his processing power, but his mind can only handle it for so long. Apparently the amount of time he can use it gets greater later on though..
desolatoFeb 7, 2011 9:41 AM
Feb 7, 2011 5:27 AM

Jun 2009
That was great, Misaka and Touma picture shot. and Kuroko lol. Also new OP is awesome.

Feb 7, 2011 5:34 AM

May 2009
Lihn said:
Yumekichi11 said:
ZgMfx2oAFrEeDoM said:
I'm also surprised no one has brought up Kazakiri from the first season. Absolutely looking forward to the next!

He got shot in the head when he was clearing the virus out of Last Order's head, he was using up all of his minds calcuation abilities to purge her mind so his reflection was turned off. It turned back on right as the bullet hit him so it didn't go any deeper than his frontal lobe, but that in turn destroyed his minds' ability to perform complex calculations. So now he has that thing on his neck and those headphones that allow him to use the Misaka network to boost his processing power, but his mind can only handle it for so long. Apparently the amount of time he can use it gets greater later on though..
The problem is not with his mind, it's the battery of the thing on his neck, Heaven Canceller developed it and says since Accelerator was the first person have that kind of condition, it was not fully developed yet, so it is considered as a prototype.
MorsvirSyphin said:
I can't comment on the contents of the novels since I haven't read them yet. However, in the anime, she only influences the plot a few times. I have no doubt that she is important in the future, given her status as the Index of Forbidden Texts and her usefulness to all magic users. In the anime, however, Touma is presented as the main character.
Must tell you that both Index, Misaka and Touma are the main characters since season 1 til' now, if this season somehow proceed to SS1 til' Vol 15 or maybe 16?(hoping), Accel wiil be added as Main character as well :D
desolatoFeb 7, 2011 9:41 AM

Feb 7, 2011 6:24 AM

Jul 2010
MorsvirSyphin said:
It's clearly explained in season 1 that the Sisters have to wear the goggles to see electricity and magnetism, something the real Misaka can do naturally.

Last Order is the administrator of the Misaka network. What this means exactly I'm not sure, but I imagine she has some kind of control over the other Sisters.

I must have forgot explanation about goggles, but in this episode misaka sister 10032 answered differently. don't know why. also i don't remembered where it mentioned in anime that she's the administrator. is that when accelerator saved her in first season? and that's why misaka sisters were going to go on rampage because she's the administrator? so anyone know if she can control and order all sisters? one more question. did misaka had full control over all sisters? (i mean remote control/telepathy or whatever)
Feb 7, 2011 6:37 AM

Oct 2010
Lihn said:
I yes, now I remember. The damage is greater than I though. I hope he goes upgrade like you mention at that fight and we get all a surprise. Thanks again.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 7, 2011 7:11 AM

Feb 2008
what an awesome episode! i've got a lot to say about this one...

let's start with the OP

music - bah. worst OP theme in Index anime franchise, imo. 2/5
Kazakiri Hyouka - effin great. can't wait for her reappearance, and for
. 4/5

OP - nice vid, very different style from previous ones. but music sucks. 3/5

now, the main show

Fukiyose Seiri - I WANNA RUB IT TOO!!!!!! and, she's even more moe in her new uniform!!
6/5
Shirai Kurokp - U-I-HA-RU~ oh wait, not Saten-san, and- wtf?! Kuroko suddenly became a horror anime character. 5/5
Biribiri in new uniform - hell yeah!! 5/5
Biribiri "frozen expression" - like it. 4/5
Accelerator enters shower room - no reaction. very typical of him. 4/5
Last Order stealing Misaka 10032's goggles - let's see what Misaka clone will do.

next ep preview

Misaka Imouto + Misaka Mikoto - heall yeah!!

Laura Stuart - yey!
Kazakiri Hyouka - another hell yeah!!
Feb 7, 2011 7:52 AM

Apr 2010
Good ep, I like the Academy City characters. <3 Accel and Kuroko. I like the old OP better. And Touma's new outfits remind me a lot of Kurosaki Ichigo.

Any idea what Accel was doing when he woke up? Adjusting the range of the device or changing frequencies or something?
Feb 7, 2011 12:16 PM
Jan 2011
Papajan said:
Good ep, I like the Academy City characters. <3 Accel and Kuroko. I like the old OP better. And Touma's new outfits remind me a lot of Kurosaki Ichigo.

Any idea what Accel was doing when he woke up? Adjusting the range of the device or changing frequencies or something?

He amplified the sounds (dont know the term for it vector wise) to seee if anyone was home which he picked up nothing. Thats why he was surprised to see them in the shower when he went to go take one himself
Wanna read the"To aru majutsu no index" Light novels in English? Go here.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=To_Aru_Majutsu_no_Index

Feb 7, 2011 12:33 PM

Sep 2008
IndexFanboy214 said:
Papajan said:

He amplified the sounds (dont know the term for it vector wise) to seee if anyone was home which he picked up nothing. Thats why he was surprised to see them in the shower when he went to go take one himself
I think he's refering to when Accelerator briefly turned off the collar and lost his ability to understand what the television was saying. The LN went into detail about how he had to flop around a bit trying to hit that switch back into the on position, since he didn't have all that motor control. It really was a superfluous detail though. The scene isn't lessened by its' removal.

A novel quote isn't really needed, but I'm gonna do it anyway just because why not? It's a cool scene.

Feb 7, 2011 1:37 PM
Jan 2011
Papajan said:

I thought he was accessing the Misaka network for some reason, since the sounds got distorted rather than amplified.
Feb 7, 2011 8:09 PM
Nov 2009
Im surprised no one made a picture of kuroko's rage face at 8:21 that face made me burst out laughing so hard.
Feb 8, 2011 2:49 AM

Sep 2008
Best episode of the Season. But someone please pwn Kuroko. She's annoying as hell.
entauri.deviantart.com

Feb 8, 2011 10:48 AM

Nov 2010
It was funny to see how Fukiyose pwned Aogami, Touma and Tsuchimikado. xD
Poor Touma, the unlucky guy who always gets beaten up by women/girls but I didn't thought that Touma wasn't only one who saw naked women but Accelerator too XD
Accelerator didn't react after seeing naked women and he told them to close the door XD
To be honest, I like his old hair style in 1st season more than 2nd season. ._.
The Last Order was cute too, she stole the goggles from MISAKA and now MISAKA become terminator as MISAKA puts her gun on. XD
Feb 9, 2011 10:59 AM

Aug 2008
How cute is Misaka imouto. :3
It's lovely to see Accelerator and little Misaka again.

I don't really like the OP. The songs are generally less catchy compared to the first season.
Feb 10, 2011 7:34 PM

Oct 2010
Omg. I LOVED THIS EPISODE!
But only because Accelerator was in it~! I've been waiting since episode 7 for him to appear again. >8U
I couldn't help but to scream his name every time I saw him~! >w<
And I absolutely can't wait to see that epic battle with him and that other dude in the opening! I saw that guy in to Second season trailer, and I was dying to know what happened next! And now I bet it's gonna be soon!!!
And that means... MORE ACCELERATOR SCREEN TIME~! *fangirl scream*
Feb 11, 2011 5:46 AM
Dec 2010
YES! Finally a return to form for No index. Whilst the first season was great, II has been very disapointing. I think this was because it lacked anyreal drive, and half of it was just Touma making endless crappy speaches about believing in peoples "precious dreams".

The new intro is hopefully indicative of a fresh start.
NEVER moon a werewolf.
Feb 11, 2011 7:55 PM

Sep 2010
Poor Touma had deal with more misfortune again. This episode just assured me why Mikoto is my favorite anime character of all time. It was great to see Last Order and Accelerator again too. Definitely, the best episode I've seen this season.
Feb 12, 2011 5:41 AM

Apr 2010
Gangler said:
I think he's refering to when Accelerator briefly turned off the collar and lost his ability to understand what the television was saying. The LN went into detail about how he had to flop around a bit trying to hit that switch back into the on position, since he didn't have all that motor control. It really was a superfluous detail though. The scene isn't lessened by its' removal.

excellent, thanks! It's a shame they didn't throw in a simple line like "So I still can't..." to help clue us in.
Feb 15, 2011 9:11 AM
Nov 2010
Well at least they know how to make good slice of life episode.
Feb 21, 2011 6:02 PM
Sep 2009
One of the best eps so far, I genuinely laughed out loud at the Kuroko scenes.
Feb 27, 2011 3:06 AM

Feb 2008
I really enjoyed this. This show needs more fanservice and less PLOT.
Mar 15, 2011 2:20 PM

Jul 2010
Misaka was too cute in this one. Touma is a lucky guy even though it was a penalty game! Now we even have Accelerator barging in on the girls bathing? xD
New OP is kinda slow, but it's not bad.

Apr 7, 2011 3:32 PM

Mar 2011
Wow, love the winter uniforms! Makes me think, in both s1 of index and railgun, they were all in summer uniforms wern't they? Ha!

Love the mobile phone picture taken when kuroko kicks touma, his face!

Oh my, what are the misaka sisters up to? This cant be good!
Apr 19, 2011 1:56 AM

Feb 2011
funny ep

i want to see a showdown between kuroko and touma over misaka xDD
Aug 9, 2011 4:58 PM

Dec 2010
This whole episode was a major win, awesome Touma and Misaka scenes, Awesome new OP also.
Jan 19, 2012 12:59 AM

Feb 2010
Awwwww yeaah!!! Biribiri <3

Awesome episode, there's never enough Misaka!
Feb 10, 2012 6:30 PM

Jan 2012
yeay Touma and Misaka is going together hehe i hope there's more of their lovely scene LOL
Feb 14, 2012 7:55 PM

Jul 2010
i thought the OP was really lame, but visually wise, it was actually really good, so i ended up replaying it, but that song started growing on me...

dat misaka imouto scene, i didnt think they were even capable of doing stuff like that. i just love hearing all of them talk, especially last order. i hope they hang out more often with touma.
Gangler said:
IndexFanboy214 said:
Papajan said:

A novel quote isn't really needed, but I'm gonna do it anyway just because why not? It's a cool scene.

read all of it, it was a nice read, reminded me of som of the previous info. damn that really is hard on him, hope touma and dr frog can do somthing about that

well imma go watch that awesome episode again.

May 2, 2012 3:45 PM
Dec 2010
"The time for a revolution has come " declared Misaka-10032. ? XD
Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
May 11, 2012 2:58 PM

Jan 2012
I loved this episode it was funny and had some action :)

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Jun 7, 2012 12:17 AM

Jul 2011
Why isn't this show just a slice of life series that follows this episodes formula? It's much better this way.
Sep 2, 2012 11:42 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Great episode! Really liked Last Order this ep :)
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 4, 2013 12:42 PM

Jun 2009
I don't think it's a coincidence that the best episode in a while was one that had a lot of Accelerator and Misaka. I've got to wonder how the magic side can be so dull when the science side has a lot of fun and entertaining characters.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 21, 2013 12:44 AM

Apr 2012
That was a fun episode. It's good to see more of Accelerator, Last Order, and the other Misaka clones. Also, Touma is a much more tolerable character when he stops being so preachy.

As a side note, I enjoyed the scene where Accelerator pulls the same stunt as Touma and walks in on women taking a bath... but with a completely different outcome. But, yeah, apparently not locking the bathroom door is an epidemic in Academy City.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aezile - Apr 1, 2011

237 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 6:39 AM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

54 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

175 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

136 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Feb 25, 2011

139 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 26, 3:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.