Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 18, 2016 2:33 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
While the case got more complicated this episode, it still made some clues obvious about the culprit. This especially comes with the usage of the gun, bullet, etc.

Glad to see them finally solving it in the end though. Phew, that was perhaps one of the toughest cases yet so far. Quite a tense case.
Naruhodou and Mitsurugi can surprisingly make a good team in weird places imo.
Stark700Jun 18, 2016 4:52 AM
Jun 18, 2016 4:32 AM

Dec 2012
That metal detector finally came in handy. Mayoi sneaking into Karuma's office to get the vital piece of evidence.
Chihiro providing some advice. Lol Yahari pretending to be Mitsurugi to stall for time. Nice teamwork between Naruhodo & Mitsurugi in the end.

The trial is finally over.

Mayoi off to do more training. Hope to see her again.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jun 18, 2016 5:12 AM

Apr 2013
Poor Maya have to carry that metal detector all this time, just for that one moment. Gonna love her face when she had to surrender it to Phoenix. =D

So this is where they relocated the taser... the office heist is quite an interesting change... but Maya getting up so quickly after being tasered... what a weak taser that was. =P

Sadly, I think the part where Mia is "half-channeled" is the weakest part of the case, both in the game and in the show (really can't fault the show this time), it just screams deus-ex-machina.

But the change I liked the most is how they made Edgeworth much more involved in this case, teaming him up with Maya and giving them some decent interaction. The part where Larry pretends to be Edgeworth standing at the witness stand is hilarious.

Then there's that ending... Maya's last sentence not heard by Phoenix as the train door closes. Good way to fuel some romantic speculation.

Finally onto my actual rant of this episode... the preview. WHAT IS THAT!? Why spend an entire episode detailing the past relationship between Phoenix, Edgeworth and Larry???? This is not even in the game... why don't they just get on onto the 2nd game...?

A-1 you better make this 26 episodes and not 24 or else.....!
Lord_OdousJun 18, 2016 5:16 AM

Jun 18, 2016 5:19 AM

Sep 2013
I waited so long to see Karma bang his head against the benches, and they skipped it...
Next week is kinda filler, might not be bad.
Jun 18, 2016 5:29 AM

Dec 2013
It really felt like Phoenix were pulling those deductions out of nowhere. Even more so than the game.

Seeing Larry dressed up as Edgeworth made me laugh. No idea who could've attacked Maya. Did she just completely forget?

I still don't understand why they changed it so Von Karma only took a single day off. People need more time than just one day to recover from being shot. Wtf!

Looks like we got some filler next week. Not too sure how I feel about that. I hope it's at least half decent.

Still a good case overall but I definitely enjoyed the game more tbh
Jun 18, 2016 5:33 AM
Jun 2014
Awful. From the halfway mark in this trial they've removed and changed multiple scenes, mostly everything from the investigation segments. Originally Phoenix and Maya are attacked by Von Karma with a taser in the court records room when they find the DL-6 evidence, with the bullet being the only thing they manage to hang on to. It takes a while for the case to snowball towards Von Karma being the only possible culprit. As a whole case as well Von Karma was far more menacing in the games, pushing you to the edge of failure constantly, in this anime he's far more passive and relies entirely on "lol no proof, judge end the trial now".
AzureSymphonyJun 18, 2016 5:52 AM
Jun 18, 2016 6:29 AM

Jan 2013
Raise your hand if you've been waiting to see
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Jun 18, 2016 6:31 AM

Apr 2010
Nice one! But it's really looked like the ending... wasn't it?

Jun 18, 2016 6:38 AM

Jan 2015

Damn that tense moment break in an instant the moment funny sound appeared when Naruhodo open the box that contains the evidence, a bullet. But that fake Reiji is just hilarious. LOL
Karuma got hit from both "direction", and that ends the trial.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 18, 2016 6:40 AM

Jan 2013
Von Karma's (Karuma's) argument that there was only one bullet found is so weak. If only one bullet was fired, and that same bullet pierced through the body and pierced through the door, THE BULLET WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN FOUND LODGED INSIDE THE BODY. He didn't need Maya's ass pull save to point out an obvious contradiction like that.

Really sad we didn't get to see Von Karma's head pounding from the game.

And God damn that court has a freaking army of bailiffs, I mean did you see how many came out when the judge called for them?
Jun 18, 2016 6:47 AM

Jul 2010
Well that was underwhelming. If I wasn't fan of the games, I would probably had dropped this long ago :( The part of Larry as Edgeworth cracked me up tho, that was hilarious.

"You don't only belong to yourself, you know? There isn't anything in this world that belongs only to yourself."

Jun 18, 2016 6:50 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Did not expect to see that Von Karma was the killer lol

I think that this was a fitting conclusion to this story arc and I really liked the ending with both Phoenix and Miles coming together as friends once more
Jun 18, 2016 6:50 AM
Jan 2015
Barreled through a lot of plot points very quickly, but Larry pretending to be Edgey was truly amazing. I'm pretty excited about a completely original episode in the preview!
Jun 18, 2016 6:52 AM

Oct 2013
I love the fact they have some kind of super gust of wind at will and why are there so many dudes to arrest him or whatever ... the changes from the game I guess okay since they actually made many in past episodes. Overall okay.

Lol the coming episode is non-existent in the game itself, so instead of going to the 2nd game or the sky sisters case. They chose this !

It better be good.
Jun 18, 2016 7:48 AM

Mar 2014
Awful. From the halfway mark in this trial they've removed and changed multiple scenes, mostly everything from the investigation segments. Originally Phoenix and Maya are attacked by Von Karma with a taser in the court records room when they find the DL-6 evidence, with the bullet being the only thing they manage to hang on to. It takes a while for the case to snowball towards Von Karma being the only possible culprit. As a whole case as well Von Karma was far more menacing in the games, pushing you to the edge of failure constantly, in this anime he's far more passive and relies entirely on "lol no proof, judge end the trial now".
^This

Also I can't believe they skipped the head banging part. Fucking lame
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jun 18, 2016 8:28 AM

Dec 2008
And when I through they didn't started so bad with this case... Jeeez, I wish they just could do like in game, but no... It doesn't have so much impact like in original, scene with stung gun was weird (and pointless now). And where was von Karma's despair at the final? Ugh...

(and ofc they need to animate filler next week, I hope that they'll skip rise from the ashes, it's too good case for this anime ( ≧Д≦))
Jun 18, 2016 9:10 AM
Apr 2013
Well, in the game, they include a lot more hint that Karuma is behind the whole thing on invesg day 3 with the hand written letter recognized by Grossburg and the stun gun in record room.
Jun 18, 2016 9:43 AM

Mar 2012
I can't believe the skipped Karma's breakdown smh this show

although it was the case with the most episodes it was still fast paced imo and revelations were as shocking as it should be (or maybe it was but i played the game so idk)

i hope the next fillerish episode they slow down a little bit more
Jun 18, 2016 10:06 AM
Jul 2015
Justice Justice Justice.. I admit it, I screamed that while watching the episode. That Karma guy sure made me angry hiding evidence like that and counted on that 'Ed' would admit to the guilt part and try to get it over with.

While sure the headbanging thing looked good in-game, somethings often get sacrificed for other things for either speed or flow. Still think it was a great episode.
Jun 18, 2016 10:34 AM
Apr 2014
I just noticed this episode that Maya was carying the metal detector for the entirety of this case, master move by the studio, this wasn't in the game, good foreshadowing for the bulet detecting on Manfred.
Now that I remember, they did skip the scene where Manfred attacks Maya and Phoenix with a taser gun and steals the bullet evidence, I guess it's not that bad since that made it even more obvious he was up to no good.
They skipped the part where Karma slams his head in the wall behind him.
That filler scene with Larry disguising as Edgeworth was just stupid, The courtroom in this game is stupid but not that stupid.
Even more filler next episode, RIP Rise from the ashes.
Jun 18, 2016 11:06 AM

Jun 2014
Well I guess Maya carrying that metal detector the whole time didn't go to waste. Interesting case, even though from what I'm reading it could have been better (which seems to be a recurring theme in this anime). It would have been nice to see von Karma bang his head against the wall......
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 18, 2016 11:10 AM
Jul 2018
Maya carrying that metal detector the whole time was a good thing for this case.

The case was quite interesting, Von Karma got owned in this episode!
Jun 18, 2016 11:15 AM

Mar 2013
How the bloody hell they managed to screw up this much?
And even more, next episode is a filler. What the actual f*ck?
Jun 18, 2016 11:25 AM

Jan 2015
LOL So ... Do they have time and budget to make a "Filler" next episode (ep13) That doesn't exist in games, but they needed to cut a lot of epic scenes and important things to build development (story and court trials) since from the beginning of the anime until now? LOL LOL insane.

Perhaps a not bad arc looking this as an anime, but a time again, this don't reach near the game.
Jun 18, 2016 11:28 AM

Mar 2013
Holy Shit this episode was rushed and cut. If you played the game then this episode is a slap to the fucking face holy shit they changed so much and removed some very important parts.
FallenEntityJun 18, 2016 11:51 AM
Jun 18, 2016 11:28 AM

Dec 2015
What a mess...Guess you can say the Anime does not do the game JUSTICE.
Jun 18, 2016 11:42 AM

Sep 2012
No head banging and incredible rushed finale. Not to mention that Justice for All is one of worst games in the series and only the last case saves it.

Damn, what a mediocre adaptation this is gonna be.
Jun 18, 2016 12:09 PM

Jul 2009
Definitely not as exciting as the game. There's something special about coming to the conclusion yourself with all the evidence you have. Still a great episode, though. Not too sure how I feel about the preview for the next ep though..why do we need filler? :\ Hopefully it's decent.

EfiChan said:
Nice one! But it's really looked like the ending... wasn't it?

It was the ending of the first game, so yeah. But they're adapting the second game, too.
Jun 18, 2016 12:16 PM

Feb 2016
Drake1000 said:
I just noticed this episode that Maya was carying the metal detector for the entirety of this case, master move by the studio, this wasn't in the game, good foreshadowing for the bulet detecting on Manfred.
Now that I remember, they did skip the scene where Manfred attacks Maya and Phoenix with a taser gun and steals the bullet evidence, I guess it's not that bad since that made it even more obvious he was up to no good.
That filler scene with Larry disguising as Edgeworth was just stupid, The courtroom in this game is stupid but not that stupid.

Objection! The courtroom is really that stupid. A fake Phoenix Wright with a carton badge was able to fool them.
Jun 18, 2016 12:23 PM

Apr 2014
loved how the ep was even though they did change a few things it was still really good but nowhere near as epic as the game was

but im glad they are doing the 2nd game also cause got kinda worried when mal had it set at 13 eps but glad it was wrong though i still was hoping for the first 3 games to be animated and the extras anmd all but this will be good enough for now

am happy about it
DazeFireJun 18, 2016 12:38 PM
"one step at a time"
Jun 18, 2016 12:37 PM

Feb 2015
great. probably one of the best episode so far xD
i really like for the second time, Naruhodo and Mitsurugi were working together to proof everything. tbh i really like that teamwork moreover we got Mayoi in this episode too. She became the spotlight in this episode too besides Naruhodo and Mitsurugi.

for the real culprit, i expected that coming. it's kinda looked obvious to me.
and i'm getting to like Mayoi more and more. i kinda interested in Mayoi and Naruhodo's relationship too.

overall, it was a pretty hype episode. really like it and enjoyed it.
next episode will be a backstory episode huh ? looking foward to it i guess :D

edit: many people who played the game said this episode was rushed :o
i enjoyed it tho.....
Jun 18, 2016 12:59 PM
Apr 2014
ReigenArataka said:
Drake1000 said:

Objection! The courtroom is really that stupid. A fake Phoenix Wright with a carton badge was able to fool them.

Objection! Larry looks nothing like Edgeworth unlike spoiler, As for the badge, you can see a patern with cases 3 which are known to be ridiculously goofy cases, cases 4 are known to be the most intense and important part of each game.
Drake1000Jun 18, 2016 1:07 PM
Jun 18, 2016 2:25 PM

Jan 2008
Yeah, I did not like this.

It felt like they rushed so much, they did not give the viewer the chance to connect all the dots and all the evidence and conclusions felt out of nowhere.

Plus the silly changes they made with Larry taking Edgey's space and Maya waking up seconds after being tasered...WTF. Also, no head-banging scene.

To top it off, next week is filler. Instead of rushing so much, they should have used the extra episode to make the story run more smoothly.
Jun 18, 2016 2:42 PM

Dec 2014
ok that a full fledged episode.. every past mystery solved.... A happy ending altogether
Jun 18, 2016 3:33 PM

Jun 2013
SHINOBI-03 said:
Raise your hand if you've been waiting to see

One job A-1 one job.
Jun 18, 2016 4:10 PM

Nov 2008
Some of you guys above are too much of negative Nancies. I think this case was adapted well, and the changes do not diminish the story. It kept the decent level it had from the start. Only the final goodbye scene was lame.

I wonder if adapting the class trial we already know enough about is a good idea. I'd rather have them use one episode on either improving backstory in one of the previous cases, or on going forward with the story (unless it's split cour, of course).

As for now, the show keeps its 6/10 score for me (it was 5/10 after first two cases), and I can't wait for Franziska.
Jun 18, 2016 4:13 PM

May 2015
Larry is one funny guy, lmao. But holy shit, I didn't expect von Karma to be the killer. Got him good. Great episode. Best case so far. It was sad to see Maya leave, though.... Hope we'll see her again.

Jun 18, 2016 4:46 PM

Aug 2011
But... but they didn't recognize Xin Eohp

And Von Karma's breakdown was more like Alba's
bxyhxyhJun 18, 2016 5:03 PM
Sorry for my bad English.
Jun 18, 2016 5:46 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Tokoya said:
Did not expect to see that Von Karma was the killer lol

I think that this was a fitting conclusion to this story arc and I really liked the ending with both Phoenix and Miles coming together as friends once more

Sums it up for me....lol.
Jun 18, 2016 6:01 PM

Apr 2016
I'm conflicted because there was no earthquake....

...but a the same time, that new scene with Larry-worth was real cool.
All hail the Almighty Funyarinpa!... Wait, what do you mean you don't know what it is?! How DARE you! SAY you're sorry!!! APOLOGIZE TO THE FUNYARINPA!
______________________________________________________________________________________
Jun 18, 2016 10:58 PM

May 2010
Mitsurugi's shy part
hngkkk
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2016 11:13 PM
Jun 2016
vytah said:
Some of you guys above are too much of negative Nancies. I think this case was adapted well, and the changes do not diminish the story. It kept the decent level it had from the start. Only the final goodbye scene was lame.

I wonder if adapting the class trial we already know enough about is a good idea. I'd rather have them use one episode on either improving backstory in one of the previous cases, or on going forward with the story (unless it's split cour, of course).

As for now, the show keeps its 6/10 score for me (it was 5/10 after first two cases), and I can't wait for Franziska.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1o8hE2CY0E

compared to this, the writing was fucking awful especially where karma said the bullet simply passed through him.

why they changed so many things
Jun 19, 2016 1:14 AM

Nov 2011
Lord_Thantus said:

After seeing this shit adaptation, I don't want 999 to get an adaptation. Funyarinpa will cry.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Jun 19, 2016 1:44 AM

Aug 2011
First part ends with
no t-bone steak joke, no cardboard joke, no earthquake joke, no feelings from the games.

Well, I admit there are some good anime only moments. But they were very rare.
Sorry for my bad English.
Jun 19, 2016 2:51 AM

Feb 2013
Mayoi was carrying the metal detector since the Gourdy incident, it was about time.
So they will adapt the second game after the filler? ^^
Jun 19, 2016 3:05 AM

Jan 2010
ernst said:
Lord_Thantus said:

After seeing this shit adaptation, I don't want 999 to get an adaptation. Funyarinpa will cry.

What about 999 by Ufotable?
Jun 19, 2016 5:18 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I guess, the gamers here are salty, eh?

For one who doesn't play the game, this was the best episode and i'm still wondering why this is so heavily underrated.
Jun 19, 2016 5:42 AM
Apr 2015
Next weekend they're going to record the first case for Justice for All
Jun 19, 2016 6:08 AM

Feb 2016
Smudy said:
i'm still wondering why this is so heavily underrated.
I suppose your first line is probably the answer to that question.
Jun 19, 2016 7:19 AM

Dec 2015
For any of you guys who played the games and are confused about what the hell is a filler doing there:

Deemo: Breaking My Fingers Since 2013

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Mia Fey

FiddlePie - Feb 22

4 by FiddlePie »»
Feb 23, 3:02 AM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

56 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 16, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

40 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 11, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

48 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

44 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 9, 7:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.