Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 2, 2009 7:54 PM
Feb 2009
knew it the fiance was part of soemthing
Sep 2, 2009 8:34 PM

Jun 2007
BushidoMusings said:
harem shows, like Ah! My Goddess

There's a difference between a harem and a slice of life with a lot of female characters.
Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net
Sep 2, 2009 8:44 PM

Jul 2009
lol yeah, seems like someone did fail to recognize what harem truely is... :-)
(this show should be a very good example)
Sep 2, 2009 10:20 PM
Jul 2009
LOL This show is getting just a bit ridiculous.

For instance, wooden swords (that was supposed to be broken from the previous scene) that deflect bullets and nuke resistant chutes?!

Pretty much knew that ending was coming but didn't realize that was Haltman.
Sep 3, 2009 6:49 AM

Jan 2009
First of all, I gotta say that the hacker-maids are cool xD...

So then, this episode in particular..

• Charlotte's still an air-head. Can't believe the first thing she thinks about is that it's good that they're in the house.. with the bombs, together.
  • I've come to take a liking to Seika.. Besides, she's got a more normal size
  • Teppei almost made a headshot at Charlotte : D

Guess all went fine in the end, what a surprise, huh?

Oh no they didn't ..! I somehow knew that, stupid Hartman. That was so unexpected >.>
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 3, 2009 7:58 AM

Mar 2009
Torisunanohokori said:
BushidoMusings said:

There's a difference between a harem and a slice of life with a lot of female characters.

So maybe Hatsukoi was a bad example, but Ah! My Goddess I would defend. Either way, I'm still enjoying Princess Lover.
Sep 3, 2009 8:24 AM

Jul 2009
BushidoMusings said:
Torisunanohokori said:
BushidoMusings said:

So maybe Hatsukoi was a bad example, but Ah! My Goddess I would defend. Either way, I'm still enjoying Princess Lover.
Love Hina is a good example
Sep 3, 2009 10:09 AM

Jun 2007
BushidoMusings said:

Who exactly would be in this hypothetical harem that you see in AMG? A harem has to have people semi-actively competing for the main character's affections.
Sep 3, 2009 10:14 AM

Mar 2009
Torisunanohokori said:
BushidoMusings said:

Who exactly would be in this hypothetical harem that you see in AMG? A harem has to have people semi-actively competing for the main character's affections.

In Ah! My Goddess, we have Belldandy, Sayoko, Peorth, and Shiho all vying for Kiechii's affections. Same number number as in Princess Lover.
Sep 3, 2009 10:19 AM

May 2008
cool ep :D I liked the scene when charlotte was supporting teppei ...do your best,do your best teppei XDDand she looked cool with that scary thing wich found in outdoor shop ^^by the way in the end the man in the car,was it really haltman?:D
Sep 3, 2009 10:27 AM

Jul 2009
Fabrice said:
cool ep :D I liked the scene when charlotte was supporting teppei ...do your best,do your best teppei XDDand she looked cool with that scary thing wich found in outdoor shop ^^by the way in the end the man in the car,was it really haltman?:D
Yes..that's easy with a few words from our stand in principal, i can assure you he is..
Sep 3, 2009 11:06 AM

Jun 2007
BushidoMusings said:
In Ah! My Goddess, we have Belldandy, Sayoko, Peorth, and Shiho all vying for Kiechii's affections. Same number number as in Princess Lover.

Shiho was never a romantic interest for Keiichi, she just happened to get physically close enough to him during her exorcism rituals to make Belldandy jealous during her one appearance.

Sayoko has outright stated that she doesn't give a shit about Keiichi except as far as getting back at Belldandy, but she abandoned that plan herself when she realized that it meant spending time with Keiichi.

Peorth did say she likes Keiichi, but that was a long time ago and she hasn't really made a point of it since. It becomes even less significant when you remember that she said it to get Keiichi to confess to Belldandy.

Bell is pretty much the only constant romantic interest there is in AMG. It's the same way Nodame Cantabile and Itzura na Kiss aren't harems despite having multiple girls gunning for the male lead. Those other girls are just there to show how strong the canon relationship is, and they're only temporary obstacles.
Sep 3, 2009 11:15 AM

Jul 2009
Honestly the Harem is like ichigo 100% that is a good example, also To-LOve-Ru, not by number of girls, but how they compete and how indecisive the male lead to choose between them, the male lead must LIKE all of them or can't decide which on is the best, well in AMG Keichi already pick up Belldandy in the first place, and the other girls only there to test Keichi's and Belldandy's affection.

That's what the stand-in principal would say..
Sep 3, 2009 11:42 AM

Jul 2009
wow what a twist is all I have to say O_O
Sep 3, 2009 12:01 PM

Mar 2009
Torisunanohokori said:
BushidoMusings said:

Shiho was never a romantic interest for Keiichi, she just happened to get physically close enough to him during her exorcism rituals to make Belldandy jealous during her one appearance.

Sayoko has outright stated that she doesn't give a shit about Keiichi except as far as getting back at Belldandy, but she abandoned that plan herself when she realized that it meant spending time with Keiichi.

Peorth did say she likes Keiichi, but that was a long time ago and she hasn't really made a point of it since. It becomes even less significant when you remember that she said it to get Keiichi to confess to Belldandy.

Bell is pretty much the only constant romantic interest there is in AMG. It's the same way Nodame Cantabile and Itzura na Kiss aren't harems despite having multiple girls gunning for the male lead. Those other girls are just there to show how strong the canon relationship is, and they're only temporary obstacles.

Well, I have been sufficiently owned. Like I said though, I don't want harem shows much, so I'm not surprised I don't know them well.
Sep 3, 2009 8:02 PM

Nov 2006
i was wondering how charl didn't recognize hartman, but them i remembered it's charl.
Sep 4, 2009 12:34 AM

Jul 2009
windy said:
i was wondering how charl didn't recognize hartman, but them i remembered it's charl.
There is only 1 word in her punny little head "Teppei"
Sep 4, 2009 6:40 PM

Sep 2008
This show has been going so downhill for me in the past few eps. Don't know why they decided to try and shove a deep serious plot in but also make tons of retarded comedy at the same time. They do NOT go together. Any suspense that is made is broken with comedy like that. 'sigh' If this series was longer i would drop it but since it is short i will stick with it. I just was hoping the series would stay the way it began.

I will admit though, the Hartman twist caught my attention. But apart from that i thought the episode was terrible.
Sep 4, 2009 7:11 PM

Apr 2009
This series was good. At the start.
Sep 4, 2009 11:13 PM
Jul 2009
Nick_xD said:
This series was good. At the start.

I liked the political-intrigue stuff in the beginning, didn't like the highschool stuff, but it looks like more action and intrigue is coming so it's all good.
Sep 4, 2009 11:36 PM

Oct 2008
I did wished Charlotte to be shot to dead.
Sep 5, 2009 6:11 PM
Jan 2009
YuaLaurant said:
I did wished Charlotte to be shot to dead.

i feel bad for agreeing with u, but i can only withstand the air-heads idiocry for so long

i think evrything tht shud be said has been said, and id say i agree with most of it.

garbage chute tht can withstand nuclear bombs..wtf
wooden sword tht regenerates or something and can deflect bullets...wtf
bombs with a horrendusly long timer
haltman is the badguy, big surprise
apart frm the chainsaw bit, charlotte was annoying as hell (as she is most of the time)

and yet i ENJOYED tht ep :o
Sep 5, 2009 6:54 PM

May 2009
This show was good until the onsen ep, then it decayed in something half-fail comedy and half-fail serious business. I'll just watch the end because I got so far and it only have 12 eps.
Sep 5, 2009 11:42 PM
Aug 2009
Tabrisrp said:
This show was good until the onsen ep, then it decayed in something half-fail comedy and half-fail serious business. I'll just watch the end because I got so far and it only have 12 eps.

My thoughts exactly. I couldn't have said it better myself.
Sep 6, 2009 5:10 AM

Sep 2008
Zanboba said:
Tabrisrp said:

My thoughts exactly. I couldn't have said it better myself.

I agree as well
Sep 6, 2009 4:48 PM

Oct 2008
Laevantein said:
Hm hm, so what if the show is predictable?
Just stop watching.

Trust me I'm ashamed of myself for having made it this far in this series. I feel like I have to finish it, but there is a fifty percent chance I might actually have to scratch my eyes out as payment for doing so. Ecchi can be so great when it's so bad, but this show is starting to take the cake.
Sep 7, 2009 8:58 AM

May 2008
This episode almost made up for last week's episode. I actually found the parts that were meant to be funny, funny. So kudos to the people who thought of those jokes.
Sep 9, 2009 6:32 AM

Jul 2008
so he isnt dead at all? kinda though it. or is it someone different? i dont know it think they take everythng a little bit too easy. especially her lets see tomorrow at school is imo a bit strange and unfitting.

Sep 20, 2009 12:03 AM

Aug 2009
that chainsaw part is really hilarious!

and hey, is that hartman?

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Sep 20, 2009 2:33 PM

Nov 2007
This show is an absolute fail, imo XD
but it`s a good time-filler
Sep 21, 2009 1:14 PM

Apr 2007
Why does almost every series have to degrade into drama-filled bullshit? Back when I was watching the hot spring episode, I almost felt manly watching this show. Now I feel just as girly watching this show as I do when I watch Marimite. At least Marimite's girls are legitimately polite and proper. Arima Hills getting blown up? Who gives a fuck. Give me more censored back shots and Kaiji references.

Stop trying to mix qq drama and comedy you dumb fucks. It never works.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2009 8:12 PM

Feb 2008
Ironic as it may seem, I love this ecchi series a lot. ='o
One of the best I've watched so far.

Anyways, as for this episode.
Enjoyable as always.
And I can't seem to dislike any good character.
I love them all... when I usually don't though. :'p

And I DEFINITELY saw that coming. xD
Aka. Hartmann, alive and well, and well...the baddy.
I came to that conclusion while I was watching the episode and that ending was obvious. ='p From behind you could easily tell it's Hartmann. Hah.
It's sad that I predicted that, but I still love the series either way. ♥

EDIT: Although I agree with lots of you that the series started pretty good. Now, not that great anymore, but I'm sticking to it...coz it's a good ecchi series. With an actual plot.
FukuWijaSep 27, 2009 8:15 PM

Oct 8, 2009 4:04 AM

Oct 2008
The driver..

Oct 13, 2009 9:59 PM

Sep 2008
Episode wasn't too special. Completely expected turn of events. They were trying to have some kind of tension but that didn't really work out. lol
5layerOct 13, 2009 10:07 PM
Oct 14, 2009 8:50 AM

Aug 2009
OMG LOL, HALTMAN IS THE CULPRIT, LOOL.
I didn't see that coming. So it was part of his plans to make him appear dead to everyone.

Wonder what's going to happen in the next 3 episodes.
So, Charlotte fell in love with Haltman? What will happen to Teppei now?! :(
Nov 1, 2009 1:26 PM

Aug 2009
at least it gave me some smiles
Nov 1, 2009 4:46 PM

Apr 2009
Finally the antagonists show up! Even tho Teppie is gonna end up with charlo I think Sylvie is way cooler and hotter. I like girls that know how to handle a sword ;)
Nov 3, 2009 3:21 AM

Jan 2008
Lolwut, Haltman is the real culprit? Don't think Charlotte will love him any more.
Seven inch thick steel rubbish chute, okay....
Nov 30, 2009 11:09 AM

Oct 2009
I really liked this episode, the last one was a bit dissapointing but this more than made it up!!!
Feb 16, 2010 10:48 PM

May 2009
the ending scared the hell out of me..... maybe because its 1:48 am and his grin scared me with all the emotion going on all at once :/
Mar 5, 2010 12:38 PM
Nov 2009
Charlotte was awesome with the chainsaw! It's hilarious that the garbage chute is built to withstand a nuclear bomb XD Teppei, "what the hell is up with that?" XD

Jun 21, 2010 1:04 PM

Jan 2010
vinesage said:
CapuChuuu said:
Haltman is aliveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! He's one of those bad guys. ):
Of course he is one of the bad guys. Now Tepei can go defeat the "evil" and rescue Charlotte the milk-c*w from her very own fiance. nice plotting there!
Stole my thoughts.

Overall the show is really going down, the whole thing is just pathetic... all the action stuff was way too forced and unrealistic...
Jul 30, 2010 1:56 AM

Jun 2009
~Charlotte and again 2 Moron soldiers
~Garbage chute wtf
~What happen to Haltmans body inside the Arima bldg?? if it was taken by Josephine it would be really suspiscious
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Oct 3, 2010 9:15 PM

Nov 2008
Interesting plot twist, if there is a plot to this story. Since this is a harem anime I'm more interested on who Teppei choses. But this side story is also interesting.
Dec 26, 2010 3:17 PM

May 2010
Kozooo said:
Meh.. what a shitty episode .. in comparison with the beginning eps.

The biggest problem with Princess lover is the fact, that they (creators-characters) dont take `the danger` seriously.. And becuz of that .. those `dangerous`situations arent exciting, but boring :|

The humor is also lame and doesnt even make me chuckle anymoar :|

THIS SHOW IS F@CKING SHIT I TELL YA.. AND I"M AMAZED THAT PEOPLE STILL LIKE IT SO FAR :O AMAGAWD! YOU GUYZ! JESUS!

Why cant they just make a decent ecchi-comedy show? With some tragedic-touching-heart-felt moments? F*cking Hell.

LOL
Feb 8, 2012 6:23 PM

Dec 2011
So haltman talked with charllote and she didnt recognize him.
Ok..
Aug 23, 2012 8:48 PM

Mar 2012
First off wtf at that ending O_O freaked out now
Second, Teppei isn't Gintoki; he can't cut down everything with a wooden sword :P
I also wish this show was a little less cheesy, kindof like Phi-Brain, where than main character says some realllllly cheesy stuff rarely, but the rest of the show if really well done.
Jul 3, 2013 6:14 AM

May 2013
She really couldn't recognize him... Really? REALLY?
Jun 23, 2014 12:22 PM

May 2012
Great episode with some awesome development! Let's see what's next but well things sure are awesome!
Oct 23, 2014 7:57 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
This show has taken a turn for the worse, but that ending really took me by surprise, lmao.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Princess Lover! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

loplop - Aug 23, 2009

103 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Dec 25, 2023 10:39 AM

Poll: » Princess Lover! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

loplop - Sep 20, 2009

189 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Jan 19, 2023 9:56 AM

Poll: » Princess Lover! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

loplop - Aug 9, 2009

117 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Jan 19, 2023 6:48 AM

Poll: » Princess Lover! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

loplop - Jul 26, 2009

73 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Jan 19, 2023 6:26 AM

» Who does Teppei end up with?

adityasingh2705 - Jul 5, 2021

26 by Taizaki-han »»
Jan 30, 2022 12:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.