Forum Settings
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 20, 2016 9:03 AM

Nov 2014
Well, just finished the manga 2 days ago and i have to say that it's actually a great ones.. That said, the second half of the series is somewhat a letdown compare to the first half and the ending isn't something that i can say thrilling or amazing, it's still decent enough though.. Anyway, i'll just wait to see the last episode of the anime next week since i guess they will take the different route to finish it except the last chapter one.. Overall i can say that it's a good series but somewhat going downhill in the 2nd half.. 7/10
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Mar 20, 2016 1:09 PM

Jan 2015
So they did end up together huh :D
Mar 20, 2016 7:20 PM

Feb 2011
What an amazing ending, really enjoyed this manga.
Mar 21, 2016 4:23 PM
Jul 2015
I really enjoyed this epilogue/ending. Satoru's actions allowed his friends to find happiness and it looks like he found his own. Glad he wasn't forced into Kumi route at the end.
Mar 25, 2016 10:50 PM

Jun 2014
Well this manga wasn't that great as I expected, though I really enjoyed the 2nd half.
Very nice and satisfying ending, and here I thought Airi won't show up again. I'm glad they did meet again even it was just a coincidence. Kinda cheesy but still.

Stop with that ntr bullshit since Airi was the better love interest to begin with.
8/10
Mar 26, 2016 9:32 PM

Sep 2013
Woa, the last third was so much better than the anime.

I had the anime as a 7/10 but reading this has made me lower its score to 6/10.

As for this, a little cliché but overall I find it not that bad.

7/10.
Mar 27, 2016 3:55 AM

Jan 2014
That was a nice conclusion. It's nice to see Satoru happy like that :)
Mar 27, 2016 8:23 AM
Aug 2015
The wrong shipping totally killed the ending for me :(

As many had mentioned, you don't just build up the backstory on the female MC and just dump her as a side dish in the end. What about her feelings for Satoru throughout the entire childhood saga. Just grateful? wow. Hiromi hardly even spoke to her to begin with but got her during the comatose phase.

It's like the author totally went "Making the female lead wait for the male lead to wake up will be too typical, let's add some "destiny" and salt to it" and poof some random chick with hardly any screentime other than "I believe in you" appears again.

7/10 for the overall butterfly effect plot, would be higher if it actually made me get on the feels train.
asd_asdasMar 27, 2016 8:28 AM
Apr 2, 2016 5:35 AM

Aug 2014
Meh... the whole final arc was really anti-climatic. I swear this is a problem with most mangakas and screenwriters in Japan. They always mess up the endings, either making them anticlimatic or so open that will make you regret your decision to stay invested until the end. It's hard finding an anime or a manga with a satisfying ending that gives you closure in the end. That being said, I think the best thing and the highlight of this manga is the beautiful portrayed relation between Satoru and his mother. This is what I'll probably remember over years if I'm asked something about Boku ga Inai Machi.
Well...making a transition from the Hollywood medium to Japanese about 2 years ago, I really start to miss the Hollywood happy ending stories. And NO this is not a happy ending, bittersweet being a more adequate word.
MannohApr 2, 2016 5:48 AM
Apr 4, 2016 6:59 AM

Jan 2013
Onii-chan said:
xaos12 said:
I think nostalgia is crippling you. :P becoz the last half of manga seriously had too many flaws to give it a 10 really.
That's why I stated before that I gave this series subjective score since I let my feelings/emotions, which shouldn't be considered while calculating the score, involved.
Fuck that, what you feel is the most important.
Apr 4, 2016 9:17 PM

Jan 2013
Just got done reading through the last 6 chapters of the manga...honestly I recommend you guys read it, its a hell of a lot better then the anime ending.
May 17, 2016 2:50 PM

Aug 2012
Contrary to several people in this thread, I actually think this series wrapped up a lot worse than the anime. I don't want to dedicate a lot of time to that though, since their may be people who haven't seen the anime adaptation yet but I will touch upon it briefly since it's most likely influences may enjoyment reading the manga. I wasn't a huge fan of how the final confrontation between Satoru & Yashiro went down in the anime but I have this detached appreciation for it due to how symbolic it was and how well it tied into the Spider's Thread Tale. The confrontation we got here wasn't much deeper than what the surface shown. Focusing more on concluding the thriller aspect than anything more poignant & thus made it a whole lot less interesting to read. & before I move on to just talking about the manga, the way the anime chose to adapt the manga as a whole, was the right call. Those who've seen it should know what I'm referring to.

The chapter itself was great though. I really like this epilogue but my favorite aspect of it is the meaning behind the series title, "The Town Where Only I Am Missing." It's a really touching sentiment & perfect in the way it flips Kayo's earlier story while making perfect use of the series groundhog day-esque time travel element. About time travel, I don't think it was necessary to explain it, I think Justinchi's earlier post describes it's purpose well enough. It wasn't just a plot device as much as it was a part of the series message.

The story of Boku dake ga Inai Machi started off really well. It managed to be instantly relate-able to me & just the concept of going back to your childhood to correct some wrong is something I'm sure strikes a chord with many (though hopefully, it has nothing to do with a murderer). The series is at its best when it's focused on the emotional connection between others, whether it's Sachiko being the best mom in the medium, Kayo's desperate situation or even just the belief & trust in his friend Kenya. Because of that, I find most of the content prior to the coma arc to be the most compelling of the series. That doesn't mean the thriller aspects with Yashiro are poorly done. As a mystery, it's pretty banal (I mean, the candy scene is slap you in the face silly taken at face value) but I do think Kei properly conveyed the intensity in the scene where Satoru finds out Yashiro's the killer.

& to be honest, it's not like the coma arc is terrible or anything, I think it extends itself a bit too long & the conclusion to the Yashiro plot is lacking in much complexity or meaning for how long it takes but it's not awful or anything. Yashiro himself is slightly interesting & I liked that we got a big look into his backstory. The characters as a whole here are pretty good though few would make it into my favorites category. Most of them stop at just being likable but there isn't much reason for them to more than that I suppose.

Before I wrap this up, the art itself was pretty charming. Hardly the best looking manga I've read (& I've read very little) but it can be rather expressive at points & had a great sense of framing scenes. The way it focused on snow & footprints at the end here for example was fantastic.

Overall, I enjoyed my time with Boku dake ga Inai Machi. It was a quick read that held some pretty entertaining moments & resonated with me strongly in several scenes. Coming over from the anime, I definitely feel it's the inferior version but there was a joy in experiencing the source version, especially with all the differences between the two. The Town Where Only I Am Missing gets a 7/10.
TerrestriousJun 4, 2016 6:29 PM
Sep 1, 2016 5:57 AM

Oct 2012
It was one of the manga which are one of those that keep you reading from the start to the end.

The concept itself was great and executed really well. There were interesting twists and less interesting ones, but it still had you entangled and made you want to 'keep reading'.

This sadly ended when it became too predictable who is the culprit. The whole trading point of the manga was 'mystery'. And it was too obvious like in the middle of the manga who it was already.

I actually was expecting another twist to come until the very end... and sadly for me the manga just ended like that by the end :(

It's another of those series where you enjoyed the premise and then it failed to live up to your expectations. It's still a decent manga, and I rated it 8/10, which is still very good. It's a bit biased on how short the manga is, since I tend to rate the manga on the amount of chapters it actually could be concluded where lower amount of chapters is actually show of a experience to wrap story up without needless filling. And since it didn't have too many loop holes at the same time - it was decent in that aspect.

It's also an enjoyable read and is certainly worth the time considering you can finish reading it in just one day easily :)
Oct 28, 2016 8:13 AM
Apr 2014
I really enjoyed this manga. And I don't see the dramatic drop in quality in the last third of the story everyone is ranting about. I think many of those who hated the manga were reading it as a love story, which it never was. It never was about romance. Heck, I'll go even further and say that there's no clear indication of romantic affection between Satoru and Airi either. That's because it doesn't really matter. It's about the coming of age of someone who never actually did his coming of age when he was supposed to, it's about those lives that were lost and were brought back not through senseless action, but through understanding and care. It's a bittersweet tale, also in the sense that the bad guy doesn't exactly lose, and that made the story have more impact for me.
The Kayo-Hiromi pairing wasn't randomly picked either, and it certainly wasn't about the author's preferred couple. It was meant as a symbol of Satoru's ultimate victory. Those two lives that were once cancelled gave birth to a new life. While Yashiro wanted to cut the threads on people's heads, Satoru was weaving new ones. Great characters, great story-telling.
The two things I didn't enjoy as much were: the unreveal of the killer, as the manga did play a bit with its mistery angle, instead of going full-on character development, so I expected a little more subtleness there; and those superpowers that acted a bit randomly, and even supernatural elements must be given a logic for readers to exercise their suspension of disbelief.
All in all, it was a fine ride.
Jan 11, 2017 1:47 AM

Jun 2013
Strong start, went downhill. The major letdown for me is it is never showed or at least 'rationalized' why Satorou could time lapse/rerun. It's basically there just to serve the plot. Just when I thought it couln't get any worse, here comes the amnesia plot device. I dislike it. Too convenience. In my opinion, it's a sign of weak writing. Had to drag myself to finish it there.

5/10 wouldnt touch the anime adaptation.
Dec 27, 2018 7:21 PM

Dec 2015
i wish the anime took the manga path instead of rushing it anyway a very good manga really touching some similarity to my personal life now i feel complete :D
Feb 16, 2019 9:56 AM

Oct 2013
AIRI!!!

wew boy it had me for a few moments there, it really had me. I thought, however ephemerally, Airi was going to be relegated to a distant, fading memory.

FINAL SCENE SAVED THIS SERIES. AIRI IS MY QUEEN.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Feb 13, 2023 5:03 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Really good ending, everything is fixed and we get that Airi's glimpse just like in the anime, but overall I found the ending to be better than the anime original's one I like that it didn't take place in the hospital until the end.
Apr 4, 2023 4:08 AM

Apr 2020
Cherish people and relations.
water
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you think Kayo and Satoru ever had romantic feelings for each other? ( 1 2 )

Ghoultulhu - Feb 3, 2016

66 by useerrriksujn »»
Jan 19, 6:26 AM

» Does this have any differences from the anime?

S4dnu - Aug 11, 2023

4 by Orbakun »»
Aug 12, 2023 7:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Chapter 10 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Jun 27, 2013

7 by CosmicGirl »»
Jun 11, 2023 11:20 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Chapter 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

20 by MaxiHut »»
Dec 21, 2022 1:49 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Chapter 6 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Jun 27, 2013

11 by Ioannabo »»
Aug 9, 2022 5:49 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.