Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 28, 2016 4:42 AM

Aug 2014
Amon, my fave. You already made this a great chapter, but holy fuck was there a lot of exposition. Finally a confirmation that Furuta is Souta, the One-Eyed King seems to be a part of CCG/V, and Furuta losing his cool. Rize was a part of the Garden as well, plus she and Furuta were acquainted.

Eto is ironically beginning to look like a protagonist more and more, even though there are few inherently good characters in this manga. I really want to know what her wish is, or what Kaneki's "last operation" is, unless it's just busting out Hinami.

It'll turn out ghouls are spawns of V/Washuu from the get go.

ArdenFolgore said:
One Eyed King may be SSS ghoul that is sealed in Cochlea. Did you forget that old Washuu managed to capture SSS ghoul once?

The entirety of V and CCG's top can't figure out who the OEK is, they would've definitely went over the possibility that one of the SSS-ranked ghouls is thim. I honestly doubt the King will be a new character
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Feb 28, 2016 5:22 AM

Nov 2012
Looks like a revolution is happening inside of CCG, and Kaneki could be leading them, that's cool.
Feb 28, 2016 5:37 AM

May 2014
Who did Eto offer to protect? From the wording it does not sound that she meant one person aka just Hinami
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2016 6:45 AM
Feb 2016
Smetsys said:
bromains said:
Wonder who the one eyed king is. Really i would think either kaneki arima or head of CCG

RE: chapter 56 is called the second king so I would like to think that it means their is at least two or a new one in the making. Eto obviously wants the second king to take over, maybe even trying to manipulate Kaneki into being the new king.

Anyway, this was a great chapter. Can't wait for all the fights that are bound to happen sooner or later.

If you want to see how I KNEW who the OEK was before this chapter, please watch my 4 part "Arima OEK Theory", it'd be a good watch for any major TG fan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcCLtYuKWoQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqAeSZ-SA8I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSDqupyypbI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OkUWUxqk_c

Also if you have the chance, send this to Chibi Reviews!
Feb 28, 2016 6:49 AM

Nov 2015
secretscarlet said:
I think Furuta has a Peter Pan syndrome.

Furuta was born on leap day, therefore, he's only ~5-6 years old.

Furuta is a 5-year-old in a 20-year-old's body.

Agent-PhrankFeb 28, 2016 6:53 AM
Feb 28, 2016 6:58 AM

Aug 2010
Absolutely loved this chapter and every page within it. Eto was awesome in the way she trolled Furata/Souta.

When she said "Kill the one eyed king" to Kaneki I guess she basically meant become it.

Holy shit at the end! Amon is going to join the raid...
Feb 28, 2016 7:27 AM

Nov 2015
oh furuta you tried to be a smart ass and got put in your place and now ken knows everything.so kens going on a suicide mission to fuck shit up,gonna be interesting.Im getting the feeling arima is the one eyed king and thats why eto wants him dead

its nice to see akira and juuzou again.this is gonna be an epic battle but im just looking forward to ayato and co vs kaneki and co.kaneki is soo gonna help him save hinami
Feb 28, 2016 8:02 AM

Nov 2015
Furuta is going to hang himself if Yoshitoki doesn't acknowledge him.

Feb 28, 2016 8:07 AM
Mar 2014
Agent-Phrank said:

Ishida never fails to deliver
Feb 28, 2016 8:13 AM

Jan 2013
Does anyone know what kanji was used for "stomach/belly"?
Feb 28, 2016 8:39 AM
Nov 2015
BluePantsu said:
Hide is the One Eyed King confirmed

Heh I see what you did there.
Feb 28, 2016 8:44 AM
Dec 2011
My opinion abt it:

Shinme Haisaki

HAISAKI

HAI SAKI

HAI(SE) (SA)SAKI

OMG the prison chief IS the OEK!!!!!!
Feb 28, 2016 8:52 AM
Jun 2013
''Is in your bellies''

In before CCG's food supply has been laced with OEK tissue for whatever means. Seeing as CCG is pretty much a V/Washu puppet organization, who knows.
Feb 28, 2016 9:18 AM

Aug 2015
5/5

I think the this chapter gave the reason why everyone loves Furuta, i mean one moment he has a carefree attitude and basically is trolling everyone and the other moment he's a fucking psycho. Furuta and Eto's talk was really intersting, it confirmed that Furuta is Souta and that he's not even on the clown side. For all we know Furuta is probably on V's side or on his own crazy agenda (which is a theory that i'll recall later). Furuta has been in a lot of important moments of the whole story and Eto knowing it makes me think that Rue Island is not going to go on so easily (we all tougth of a bloodbath for CCG but the latest developments turned that and now again the difficult the CCG will win may change again).

Another aspect of the dialogue between the two characters we all love is that Furuta leaked a lot of information about how V is in command of everything and why they fear so much the one-eyed to Eto, someone that everyone sees as a living death ghoul not even thinking about the possibility that if she escapes the whole situation drastically changes.

And then at the end of the dialogue we got to know that Furuta is a Washu, that Furuta has Daddy Issues and this thing causes a mental breakdown in him. Now, if this is correct then it's almost confirmed that Yoshitoki is his father and he his a part of V which means that Matsuri is actually a "good" guy and that maybe Furuta is on his own agenda to get the OEK and maybe be able to get some kind of relationship with his father (i would also love the possibility of Furuta basically hating the whole Washuu Clan and being just the mad guy he is).

Nice to see that the operation is set to start, i love the Rue Island team and i wonder if it's stronger than the Offshore team (probably not because of Arima and Kaneki). On the island i hope we get to see some awesomeness by Ui, Juuzou and the Quinx Squad, while offshore i'm just waiting for Kaneki-Hirako-Arima. The Ayato and Banjo crappy squad will probably be annihilated, with the expection of a few of them. Amon finally getting back is perfect, i think that he will probably will be a wild card in all of this. This arc looks promising as fuck, i hope we get the best arc of the whole manga.

Oh, by the way, we've got the quote of the year: "I like women like you, your face isn't half bad either. I want to dominate you"
Feb 28, 2016 9:26 AM
Jan 2016
Amon! I wonder what Akira would say if she saw Amon... But seriously it's been too long, I just hope he didn't go crazy like Takizawa... Now we just need Hide back ;-;
Feb 28, 2016 10:15 AM

Oct 2014
_Ghost_ said:
Does anyone know what kanji was used for "stomach/belly"?

I guess this one. 腹
Feb 28, 2016 10:33 AM

Mar 2014
Amon is back, I wonder whose side is he on !!?

And it looks like Ayato is not going to have a easy time rescuing Hinami even with Banjou help but nevertheless I still hope he (or someone) save Hinami !!
Feb 28, 2016 10:34 AM

Dec 2014
Agent-Phrank said:

Translation of the letter Ishida wrote for Furuta's birthday:

I have become 6 years old.

How stupid.

What’s so joyous about birthdays, I wonder.
Never in my life have I ever felt grateful for being born.

But for you people, how are you still celebrating your life despite how hopelessly stupid or ugly you are?

I am genuinely impressed.

Doesn’t it make you want to die?
If you die, you can get cured you know. (This is true.)

I was born during leap year.
And since February 29 only happens once every four years, I’m around six years old. Meaning, I can only live a quarter of a person’s life.

So if you were planning on giving me something.
In this year, I want four times more of that love or hate.

I don’t need anything else.
Besides, what you people get is usually food or something consumable or trash, right? (Just kidding.)

Even if I celebrate it, I can’t help it.
I’m just a human being who doesn’t think of anything about the day they were born.

PS: (Laugh, it’s fun!)

Furuta-kun
Feb 28, 2016 11:35 AM

Aug 2015
Best character ever
Feb 28, 2016 11:41 AM

Oct 2013
rayeine said:
All we need is Hide to appear again.

But damn, Furuta is a member of everything there is to join isn't he? I need those multitasking skills of his.

Kaneki to Eto: Do you know where Hide is?
Eto:
Feb 28, 2016 11:42 AM

Oct 2013
CBomelette20 said:
About time. And Furuta = Souta confirmed

5/5

Amon is like: "hello, it's me, I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet"
Feb 28, 2016 11:58 AM

Apr 2012
I'm pretty sure we all expected Furuta was Souta, but Furuta being a Washuu.... didn't see that coming AT ALL.
Feb 28, 2016 3:22 PM
Feb 2016
GirlsPenetration said:
I'm pretty sure we all expected Furuta was Souta, but Furuta being a Washuu.... didn't see that coming AT ALL.

After reading the latest chapter, there is now yet ANOTHER potential OEK candidate:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhmFV5bLvVw

CCG banded against the old OEK because since the King was so powerful, in order for him to be killed, the world had to unite against him. What kind of ghoul could potentially have this much power? The video above explains it all!
Feb 28, 2016 3:38 PM

Dec 2015
Amon is back and shit is going down. I'll be gutted if Eto dies. How can someone so beautiful be killed? Her and Kaneki need to make babies. I'm sure they could do it and succeed. Eto already wants him but Ken would be playing hard to get.
The question is what will Kaneki do once he hears the recording and that Furuta caused his life to go how it did.
Was rise an experiment? What did he mean by "were you also bred...yes"?
Feb 28, 2016 5:20 PM

Oct 2013
Certified_Ghoul said:
Amon is back and shit is going down. I'll be gutted if Eto dies. How can someone so beautiful be killed? Her and Kaneki need to make babies. I'm sure they could do it and succeed. Eto already wants him but Ken would be playing hard to get.
The question is what will Kaneki do once he hears the recording and that Furuta caused his life to go how it did.

They had a baby. Its name is Hide. Hide is triple-eyed. Seeing this, Eto killed Kaneki. Sad, Hide timetravelled to the XIX century and became the OEK, starting the manga story.
Feb 28, 2016 6:15 PM

Dec 2013
Certified_Ghoul said:
yes my friend, i love the way you think (͡ ° ͜ʖ ͡°)

i saw some person earlier say that ghouls could be beings created by washuu/V people... and with all this talk of 'breeding'/creation, it could very well be possible. so ghouls could be genetically modified human beings is what im saying.
Feb 28, 2016 8:49 PM

Mar 2012
Amon and Hide is back :D
Feb 28, 2016 9:07 PM
Jan 2013
rayeine said:
All we need is Hide to appear again.

But damn, Furuta is a member of everything there is to join isn't he? I need those multitasking skills of his.

This made me laugh waaaay too hard XD
Feb 28, 2016 9:08 PM
Jan 2015
Agent-Phrank said:
secretscarlet said:
I think Furuta has a Peter Pan syndrome.

Furuta was born on leap day, therefore, he's only ~5-6 years old.

Furuta is a 5-year-old in a 20-year-old's body.

wawawawaw you're right!It's only his 6th birthday today.
Happy b-day,Furuta!
Everyone seems to be angry at Yoshitoki~poor little Yoshitoki~
Feb 29, 2016 1:20 AM

Dec 2015
what if furuta turns out to be uta? remember he can change his face, right?
Feb 29, 2016 2:42 AM

Jul 2014

When the nukes will get launched. A person like this one is going to say "It's fine! We're winning!"
Feb 29, 2016 6:42 AM

Feb 2014
Smooched said:
Amon and Hide is back :D

where's hide ? is he inside of amon ? lol
EustassKiddo !
Feb 29, 2016 8:49 AM

Aug 2015
I predict Hoji and someone from suzuya squad death on the CCG side
Feb 29, 2016 10:05 AM

Jul 2014
AndyShoes said:
I predict Hoji and someone from suzuya squad death on the CCG side

The people on the island are way too irrelevant for someone high ranking to die on CCG side. Maybe just maybe Tatara and Pineapple could do some damage to the fodder people.
Feb 29, 2016 1:01 PM

Mar 2012
inbe4 hide inside kaneki's belly is the OEK
Feb 29, 2016 1:13 PM

Aug 2015
Arcanix said:
[

The people on the island are way too irrelevant for someone high ranking to die on CCG side. Maybe just maybe Tatara and Pineapple could do some damage to the fodder people.

Takizawa has connection with almost everybody while Tatara is probably going toe to toe with Houji, i would be surprised if he manages to get out alive (even if i hope so). I agree with all the other ones being fodders, they will probably me used to show some skills by certain investigators
Feb 29, 2016 2:30 PM
Feb 2016
Correct me if im wrong, but in the first series shortly before Mado died, didn't he mention how he wanted revenge on the OEK?
Feb 29, 2016 2:32 PM

Jan 2016
These last Tokyo Ghoul chapters were amazing. But the end of this chapter, haarrmoonnnyyy
Feb 29, 2016 2:43 PM

Feb 2014
lolfml said:
Correct me if im wrong, but in the first series shortly before Mado died, didn't he mention how he wanted revenge on the OEK?

it was one eyed owl, wasnt it?
lol im still thinking eto is faking and the true OEK is her, tho.. (yea i know it wont turn out like this )
EustassKiddo !
Feb 29, 2016 5:22 PM

Nov 2015
raian_sama said:
inbe4 hide inside kaneki's belly is the OEK

inb4 Torso's kid inside Mutsuki's belly is the OEK
Mar 2, 2016 8:20 AM
Jun 2014
Mangastream fucked up pretty bad this chapter. The translation is a chaos.
Mar 2, 2016 9:29 AM

Dec 2010
What a great chapter. And yes, there's translation errors. I'll see if I can dig out the link to the corrections.
Mar 2, 2016 11:19 AM

Mar 2016
I read this, then I saw Amon mentioned, got confused, checked the chapter again. Holy sh*t that last guy is Amon, THOU HAST RETURNETH. I need moar and fast, with this much plot progression is seriously can't wait to see what'll happen.
Mar 2, 2016 3:02 PM

Jul 2014
Shadedrifter said:
I read this, then I saw Amon mentioned, got confused, checked the chapter again. Holy sh*t that last guy is Amon, THOU HAST RETURNETH. I need moar and fast, with this much plot progression is seriously can't wait to see what'll happen.

So you didn't read this?
Mar 2, 2016 3:59 PM

Jan 2012
what people keep saying he is Amom? didn't he died

Mar 2, 2016 5:15 PM
Sep 2013
AllenVonStein said:

The last time we see Amon he is with Takizawa charging Tatara. He is then declared dead by CCG. During last chapter it is said that there were too many corpses missing. Speculation of abduction?

Did you read the prequel?
Mar 2, 2016 7:02 PM

Apr 2014
hantere said:
Did you read the prequel?

No the real question should be whether he even reads.
Mar 3, 2016 1:56 AM

Mar 2016
Arcanix said:
Shadedrifter said:

So you didn't read this?

Well if by this you mean the chapter discussion, I did but I was confused over all the Amon has returned, so I checked ah that guy is Amon, so he really has returned. Although I didn't doubt it would happen.
Mar 3, 2016 2:31 AM

Jul 2014
AllenVonStein said:

What did i tell you a few weeks ago? You're adorable.
Mar 3, 2016 10:42 AM

Jul 2015
I believe that the One-Eyed King is the One-Eyed King.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 73 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2016

103 by almightybismarck »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 72 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2016

124 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 71 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2016

140 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:14 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

146 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

151 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 7:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.