Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
Do you prefer Chihaya/Taichi or Chihaya/Arata?
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 21, 2013 6:30 PM

Aug 2012
Cincib0i said:

I meant that Chihaya wouldn't want Taichi to not have fun, not that she doesn't want him to improve. Sure, Taichi could be having fun but the mangaka doesn't really display it very clearly, at least not as distinctively as the fun Chihaya and Arata have. I thinks it's safe to assume Chihaya wants Taichi to improve and have fun. Could you really imagine her not wanting that for Taichi?
You seem way too hostile bro. I'm not cheering for either side. Just saying that at the moment Arata seems more suited for Taichi, but Taichi is clearly getting more character development than Arata. My guess is that he will come to better understand Chihaya's love for karuta as a part of his character development.
Wasn't being remotely hostile really, the point I was trying to make is that you seem to be stating how you think they should be acting and assuming things the viewer doesn't actually know, and trying to use those to boost your argument that Taichi doesn't understand her love for karuta as much as Arata. I'm basing my arguments on what we've seen and what we know, understanding why characters behave a certain way and what it means for their character. Bringing in "should be doing" and "he/she wouldn't want" just creates unnecessary speculation and digression in the discussion.

I think what you're trying to say is that Arata shares the profound appreciation for karuta that Chihaya has, which I would agree with. And I agree that that is a big selling point for Arata x Chihaya. And while Taichi doesn't share that level of love for karuta, he absolutely understands just how much Chihaya loves karuta(more than Arata) because he understands her and is deeply in love with her, and he acts the way he does because of this.

So it becomes that question of what matters more: Which one of them loves/appreciates karuta more, or which one loves and understands Chihaya more. Right now of course she is only absorbed in karuta and won't be thinking about these things, but in the long run I think she'll see who was the one constantly by her side, supporting her, correcting her to keep her focused and prepared, and working so hard for her sake.
Jun 21, 2013 7:11 PM

Jul 2007
I like both pairings, can't they be a threesome? ;A;

voting for Taichi, because he's the only one really showing romantic interest and I feel for him, but yeah, I like both pairings a lot, it's a hard choice.

*cough* Don't mind Arata x Taichi either :P
Jun 21, 2013 8:14 PM

Mar 2012
From how I see it, there's probably going to be no romantic conclusion, even in the manga, which I'm actually pretty fine with. But I would love to see Chihaya/Taichi and Arata/Shinobu. I love Arata, but I've never really seen any romantic connection between him and Chihaya. It feels more like mutual respect.
Jun 21, 2013 9:09 PM

Jul 2012
nauticalblue said:
From how I see it, there's probably going to be no romantic conclusion, even in the manga, which I'm actually pretty fine with. But I would love to see Chihaya/Taichi and Arata/Shinobu. I love Arata, but I've never really seen any romantic connection between him and Chihaya. It feels more like mutual respect.

Agreed. :D
Jun 22, 2013 1:10 AM
Mar 2012
AlexTheRiot said:
Cincib0i said:

I meant that Chihaya wouldn't want Taichi to not have fun, not that she doesn't want him to improve. Sure, Taichi could be having fun but the mangaka doesn't really display it very clearly, at least not as distinctively as the fun Chihaya and Arata have. I thinks it's safe to assume Chihaya wants Taichi to improve and have fun. Could you really imagine her not wanting that for Taichi?
You seem way too hostile bro. I'm not cheering for either side. Just saying that at the moment Arata seems more suited for Taichi, but Taichi is clearly getting more character development than Arata. My guess is that he will come to better understand Chihaya's love for karuta as a part of his character development.
Wasn't being remotely hostile really, the point I was trying to make is that you seem to be stating how you think they should be acting and assuming things the viewer doesn't actually know, and trying to use those to boost your argument that Taichi doesn't understand her love for karuta as much as Arata. I'm basing my arguments on what we've seen and what we know, understanding why characters behave a certain way and what it means for their character. Bringing in "should be doing" and "he/she wouldn't want" just creates unnecessary speculation and digression in the discussion.

I think what you're trying to say is that Arata shares the profound appreciation for karuta that Chihaya has, which I would agree with. And I agree that that is a big selling point for Arata x Chihaya. And while Taichi doesn't share that level of love for karuta, he absolutely understands just how much Chihaya loves karuta(more than Arata) because he understands her and is deeply in love with her, and he acts the way he does because of this.

So it becomes that question of what matters more: Which one of them loves/appreciates karuta more, or which one loves and understands Chihaya more. Right now of course she is only absorbed in karuta and won't be thinking about these things, but in the long run I think she'll see who was the one constantly by her side, supporting her, correcting her to keep her focused and prepared, and working so hard for her sake.

Arata and Taichi both know Chihaya loves karuta but Taichi himself admitted he doesn't understand Chihaya so how does he know more than Arata (but mind you I'm not stating Arata knows her more).
Jun 22, 2013 6:09 PM

Aug 2012
I think that was meant more as a one of those "guy not understanding the way girl thinks" but of course he won't understand all of her motives and thought processes, like how he never thought for a second she'd watch him play over Arata. Of course he's still learning about the way she thinks, but in terms of her love for karuta and how it affects her life, Taichi understands her more than Arata. Of course a lot of that can be attributed to all the time they've spend together in comparison to Arata being far away, but that doesn't make it any less true.
Jun 24, 2013 7:53 AM

Apr 2013
Chihaya/Taichi for me. I think Taichi deserves Chihaya. He even went back to playing karuta for her. But I really like Arata. His style and accent is awesome.
REALITY IS A CRAPPY GAME

Jun 24, 2013 9:44 AM

Jul 2011
An OT3 would be nice. But if I had to choose I would like Chihaya/Taichi the best.
Arata can go pair up with the Queen.
Jun 24, 2013 5:51 PM
Mar 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
Cincib0i said:

Yeah I've been speculating, but a lot of it is based on what we have seen. I'm not even trying to argue, that may be just you :p. In fact, I've pretty much posted for the purpose of speculating and making assumptions based on those speculations. I see nothing wrong with that. I also see nothing wrong with wanting Taichi to have a little more fun with karuta considering it's what the show is based around. As others have said, there probably won't even be any romantic conclusion.
Jun 26, 2013 2:51 PM

Aug 2012
Cincib0i said:

Yeah I've been speculating, but a lot of it is based on what we have seen. I'm not even trying to argue, that may be just you :p. In fact, I've pretty much posted for the purpose of speculating and making assumptions based on those speculations. I see nothing wrong with that. I also see nothing wrong with wanting Taichi to have a little more fun with karuta considering it's what the show is based around. As others have said, there probably won't even be any romantic conclusion.

And I've provided plenty of proof against that speculation. And I use "argument" loosely, maybe I should have phrased it "stance". Again I'm not "arguing" as much as I'm discussing my stance. That's what these threads are for, when you make speculations and assumptions, they're going to get challenged for the sake of discussion.

I was just trying to shine some light on the process in which you derive your stance. Your stance has been that Arata understands her heart/love for karuta more than Taichi, but a lot of what brought you to that conclusion were things that you want happen or think should happen. Even if you say that a character should have more fun because of a theme of the show, I just think that process tends to ignore the growth and journey of the character. Themes are important, but it's character growth that creates these themes, and make a series special. That's why I think it's more effective to create speculation and such based on individual character growth and what we know about them, rather than on what we think should happen and what we think the show is telling us.
Jun 27, 2013 1:38 PM
Aug 2011
While Arata x Chihaya seems more likely, I'm pretty sure Arata x Shinobu is what they are going for.
Jul 1, 2013 2:19 PM

Jul 2009
Chihaya and Taichi just because they spend time together helping each other and building relationship.

while Arata is there and can't even properly talk to Chihaya at all.

he seems more suited to Shinobu to be honest. plus both can actually talk to each other and have fun(despite Za Queen getting irritated at his smile XD)

i think it will be interesting in Season 3 on if there gonna make it more karuta centered or more romance centered(which the previous seasons didn't have much)

in any case i want my season 3!!!!
Jul 3, 2013 6:21 AM

Jul 2009
So happy to see that Chihaya and Taichi are more popular! I love them and I hope they can end up together...
Jul 22, 2013 1:10 PM
May 2012
I admit I hated Taichi before but after that childhood episodes ended I saw his character develop he became likable and I think he really deserves Chihaya but why the fuck doesn't he make his move He knows that Chihaya likes Arata It's pretty obvious Chihaya's mind is full of Arata and karuta. He need to make his move before he regrets it.

As for Arata I like him as a character but I think he doesn't deserve Chihaya all they did back then is to play karuta and after that bam he leaves after that We didn't see more of him all I know is that he is good at karuta I didn't see more of his character because he barely shows up. It's just Arata left a big impact to Chihaya because of karuta everytime Chihaya plays karuta he remembers Arata cause Arata encouraged her to play.

A little bit of romance wouldn't hurt I hope the author could make a satisfying conclusion about this romance If he/she listens a little to his fans maybe It will.
Jul 29, 2013 2:24 PM

Apr 2010
this

g0ng0n16 said:
Taichi sucks.. since Episode 1 of the first season I hated that guy,, remember that episode where he bullied Arata ? ohhh god that poor young arata getting bullied by a rich spoiled pathetic kid still fresh in my head everytime I watch this series.. Never hated A character like I hate Taichi.Hope Yuno get him for me..
Jul 29, 2013 11:04 PM

Jul 2010
irenika said:
this

g0ng0n16 said:
Taichi sucks.. since Episode 1 of the first season I hated that guy,, remember that episode where he bullied Arata ? ohhh god that poor young arata getting bullied by a rich spoiled pathetic kid still fresh in my head everytime I watch this series.. Never hated A character like I hate Taichi.Hope Yuno get him for me..

Wait wat.
Taichi wasn't spoiled at all... He had to fkin work hard because his mum is a fkin bitch. And that as a little child. Not that is justifies his bullying but it's wrong to throw out wrong facts.

Besides he's a fkin qtie right now that does almost everything for Chihaya.. oh god all of my feels and a broken heart if we'll Taichi getting all sad if Chihaya ends with Arata.

C'mon. He has it fkin hard EITHER way.
Jul 29, 2013 11:06 PM

Mar 2011
I could go either way, but I think I prefer Taichi/Arata.
Aug 1, 2013 7:09 PM

Feb 2013
I hate Taichi
Aug 3, 2013 6:43 PM
Jul 2013
Taichi FTW!
Aug 4, 2013 3:54 PM

Jun 2011
Sarcasm said:
irenika said:
this

g0ng0n16 said:

Wait wat.
Taichi wasn't spoiled at all... He had to fkin work hard because his mum is a fkin bitch. And that as a little child. Not that is justifies his bullying but it's wrong to throw out wrong facts.

Besides he's a fkin qtie right now that does almost everything for Chihaya.. oh god all of my feels and a broken heart if we'll Taichi getting all sad if Chihaya ends with Arata.

C'mon. He has it fkin hard EITHER way.

Wasn't spoiled? Not by much, still, he had to bully Arata just because he took away Chihaya's attention, and he himself treated Chihaya so badly back then because he's way too shy, or couldn't put down his pride as a man, so he had to act tsun-tsun.

Bolded: Admit it, you like him mainly because of his face.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 9, 2013 5:08 AM

Jul 2012
I got surprised when I saw the topic haha, I thought everyone supported Arata x Chihaya, well I guess I was wrong, but what Arata said to Chihaya was so perfect! I don't remember well but I think it was

Well, let's see what happens XD
Aug 9, 2013 5:57 PM
Jun 2012
I can't believe people are getting so unhappy/butthurt/platinum mad over something Taichi did as a 10 year old kid. Like none of you acted as a brat at that age. I feel Taichi would have clear run to the finish, if only he could come clean and tell Chihaya how he feels. Remember how she agreed to go out with a guy who asked her phone number at train station in S1. Main obstacle to any kind of romance in this show is that Chihaya doesn't know how they feel (not even sure does Arata loves her romantically). I would love to see her honest reaction to one of them confessing his love to her. If that doesn't happen they can always go with bromance route.
Aug 19, 2013 6:16 AM
Nov 2008
I vote for Taichi. Among the characters, Taichi had the most character development. Who'd have thought that bratty boy would grow up to be the ideal leader? And since he's the chara lacking talent, I think he's got the most passion to learn karuta. If Chihaya actually ends up with Taichi, the author'd have my respect because she would actually break tradition. Who knows? Maybe Suetsugu, Yuki-san might go for love development. Well that's just me hoping :D
Aug 21, 2013 8:01 PM

Aug 2012
Taichii was a little douche when he was a kid, but he's a lot better now.

I'm kinda surprised at the poll results... expected Arata to be favored.

I voted for Taichii, because he's the one that's actually putting forth effort for her affection, while Arata is busy trying to be a secluded emo.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Aug 25, 2013 8:01 AM

Jun 2010
So.. Taichi is very popular because of his bishies look (even complete jerks have plenty of female fans if they're attractive) and because he isn't the jerk he was before. Somehow that makes him better than a guy who was genuinely nice his entire life. I hope Arata gets the girl. He had some hard times during his life, what with his financial situation, having to leave his only friends behind and losing his beloved grandfather. Also, unless I (and Taichi) completely misread the situation, Chihaya has always been in love with Arata, even though they were so far away.
Aug 25, 2013 8:38 AM

Sep 2008
^Taichi isn't popular because of his bishe look.

I like Arata, I think he have his charm, but he is boring...
After two season Arata is still the same Arata from first season.

Chihaya love Arata and karuta.
Her love for him isn't romantic like 'I want go on date with you' :)

I don't mind Arata/Chihaya,
but honestly I prefer Taichi/Chihaya, because during these 2 season
I have seen lot of their moments and how say it...
They are closer to my heart than Arata.
Even Nishida, Tsutomu and Kanade I like more than Arata...
Aug 28, 2013 12:36 PM

Aug 2012
Ouin_Shishi said:
I can't believe people are getting so unhappy/butthurt/platinum mad over something Taichi did as a 10 year old kid.

Pretty much this
Aug 29, 2013 1:05 PM

Jan 2013
Now I'm a bit unsure if I should speak my mind and say my opinion, because it seems I'll be scolded by who ever disagrees >.>

Anyway, I'm glad there isn't much focus on romance, or it would have been a pretty stereotyped anime and maybe even boring, but I still vote for Arata, because:
- he was the one to introduce karuta to Chihaya's life and made her have her own dream. Or else she would be a stupid teenage fangirl of her own sister (really?!)
- he's the one she looks up to, he's the one she thinks when she's insecure or feeling down.

To whom is thinking "But Taichi has always been in her life, he deserves it bla bla bla", yes, true. Now imagine if Arata had been there as well.

But I wouldn't be sad or disappointed (or angered) if she ended up with Taichi, I like him too x)
But to whoever said that Chihaya agreed to go out with the stranger that asked her phone number at train station and says Taichi should just ask her as well, you know, that would be really bad. Chihaya never had a love story of her own, never had any romance in her life and she agreed to go out with the stranger because she was eager to have a romance, to explored that unknown world. If Taichi asked her out and she accepted it for that same reason, he would be like a test subject - and that's extremely unfair to him.
I don't know if anyone mentioned the fact that Arata is aware of Chihaya's looks, but if we consider he was away for many years and didn't see her grow up, like Taichi did, and that he's just a teenager boy, that's pretty reasonable. I hardly doubt Taichi hasn't noticed her appearence as well.

But like I said, I don't really care who ends up with who ^^ I just wanna see Chihaya win against Shinobu and become Queen, thus fulfilling her dream x)
Aug 31, 2013 4:42 PM

Aug 2012
^ I could never scold anyone with a Re-l icon. And you're right anyway about Arata being the driving force in her gaining a dream. Can't argue that. Both of them have certainly played a huge role in her life. Right now Arata has the edge, but in the long run I think all of Taichi's development and hard work will have earned Chihaya's heart.

And I dunno about noticing Chihaya's looks, but Arata certainly notices her sister's looks lol.
Aug 31, 2013 5:05 PM

Sep 2008
Well there's a saying that absence makes the heart grow fonder. That's why Chihaya is incessantly texting Arata.

I believe that Arata is the man Chihaya deserves, but Taichi is the one she needs right now.

J/K. But seriously, Arata is more like someone she worships and adores. She takes Taichi for granted, but what goes unnoticed is how Taichi has always looked after her and looked out for her.
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
Oct 15, 2013 7:06 AM
May 2013
Who cares?? I ship Taichi and Chihaya all the waaay. Even if there's no way it'd happen. Geez, I'm soooo tired of seeing poor kind handsome friendzoned guys who really deserves to have the girl main character. Can they just try recoonsidering how the anime would end if the main character chose the guy who really deserves to have her from the very beginning?!

A n y w a y.... TAICHIxCHIHAYA alltheway. >:'))) I'm still holding on to my hopes for Taichi. He deserves to be happy.
Oct 15, 2013 7:11 AM

Jan 2013
My man taichi!
Nov 4, 2013 9:54 AM

Aug 2010
Taichi x Chihaya got far more vote..but its really saddening to think that it might not happen but im not losing hope..TT^TT

I soooooo love Taichi x Chiyaha..Arata is not bad though, i mean i get the feeling that she would end up with Arata since its obvious that she loves him more..but i am hoping for a great GREAT twist..i love Taichi the most, even though he was a brat when they were young..his love for Chihaya is just sooooo..i dunno how to explain it, we cant measure "love" so i cant say he loves chihaya more than arata loves chihaya..but i just really love his way of showing his love for Chihaya...gad..im a TOTAL FAN GIRL..

TAICHI + CHIHAYA = ♥♥♥ *squeallll*
Nov 16, 2013 8:34 AM

Sep 2013
humm i don't think chihaya deserves someone like taichi
she's always thinking about arata and i just feel bad for him
taichi x hanano
“A daily dose of daydreaming heals the heart, soothes the soul, and strengthens the imagination.”
Dec 26, 2013 4:28 PM
Sep 2013
Arata gets so little screen-time and development that its obvious who its gonna be and its obvious who the author wants it to be. This romantic situation is very commonly used and its usually the one in Taichi's situation who wins, even if you disregard the screen-time and development issues I mentioned.

Sure, all Taichi got is the "Boo hoo. I'm in love with her but she's more interested in another guy" thing going for him but its still a hell of a lot more than Arata, plus it gains him major sympathy points from the fangirls. All Arata has is the sparkles that Chihiya gives off whenever she sees him, which can mean anything (this IS a shoujo). Even in shows where she's admittedly in love with the Arata, he still usually don't win in the end unless he's obviously the lead male.

Yeah, I like Arata more than Taichi in terms of character but unless there are some major changes, Taichi is the obvious intended choice and the only one that makes sense. Even if there are changes, its probably way to late to change things now.
Jan 13, 2014 6:28 PM

Jul 2013
Taichi all the way! >:) But if you follow the path of the manga, it seems like she might end up with Arata. Which, I don't like... :( I mean... He's just so eh and Taichi is so wow. xD
Feb 2, 2014 11:23 AM

Jan 2013
Arata needs to stay away from taichi's affairs ;-;

ROOTING FOR YOU TAICHI <333
Feb 2, 2014 9:55 PM

Feb 2011
Shuryukan said:
Arata needs to stay away from taichi's affairs ;-;

ROOTING FOR YOU TAICHI <333

Well I have no idea that Taichi already self- proclaim Chihaya as his own without caring about Chihaya feelings in the matter: for your correction Chihaya doesn't belong to anyone and yes Arata isn't interfering with no one affairs: Arata has rights to be happy with Chihaya ( especially now we all know what they feel for each other is MUTUAL: Taichi is suffering because he wants to: he knows perfectly well that this one-sided love affections is not taking him no where, he has to put a stop to it and except reality).
Feb 3, 2014 2:17 AM
Jan 2014
At first I prefered Taichi/Chihaya but now I am not sure anymore... I really like Taichi, he works so hard to move on and he never gives up or blames it on bad luck when he lose a game.. and I do not like it seeing him suffer because Chihaya sees only Arata.. but thats why I honestly think now Taichi should not end up with her.. a girlfriend just does not suit him... but I hate Arata more than anyone else in this anime so this should not be happen either.. Best is if it stays like it is now :)
Feb 13, 2014 1:20 AM

Jan 2012
arata seems 100x more alpha than wimpy taichi...

sumire can take taichi

then i'll take shinobu

win-win-win

PS. taichi seems like the type that would just stand there and cry while doing nothing if he happens to see chihaya getting plowed by some random guy, let alone arata... I think there's a hentai theme for that as well

just sayin'
Feb 21, 2014 8:40 PM
Jan 2014
I think Chihaya will end up with Arata in the end. In most of the shows that I've seen the girl ends up with the guy that changed her life for the better. People need to realize Chihaya isn't just playing this game because she loves it, shes playing it to get closer to Arata. People think that just because Taichi was there for her that automatically means that they should date, he's her friend, and that's what friends are supposed to do. Also just think, if Arata didn't have to leave to take care of his grandfather he would be doing the exact same thing Taichi is doing. But honestly I love the Chihaya that loves Arata, the moment she stops loving Arata is the moment she stops loving the game and that's something I don't want to see happen :). He is the motivation that pushes her forward.
Feb 22, 2014 8:23 PM

Feb 2011
Burgerboner69 said:
I think Chihaya will end up with Arata in the end. In most of the shows that I've seen the girl ends up with the guy that changed her life for the better. People need to realize Chihaya isn't just playing this game because she loves it, shes playing it to get closer to Arata. People think that just because Taichi was there for her that automatically means that they should date, he's her friend, and that's what friends are supposed to do. Also just think, if Arata didn't have to leave to take care of his grandfather he would be doing the exact same thing Taichi is doing. But honestly I love the Chihaya that loves Arata, the moment she stops loving Arata is the moment she stops loving the game and that's something I don't want to see happen :). He is the motivation that pushes her forward.

OMG!! You already took the words out of my mouth: I also truly believe that Chihaya will end up with Arata in the end ( they surely make the most perfect couple and they both deserve each other). Everything that Taichi is doing for her is something that Arata would do for her if he never moved away to Fukui and he'll even join the same Middle School with Chihaya and continue playing karuta together. Exactly, Karuta is very special to Chihaya and Arata which brought them together and they keep playing Karuta is a way they express their feelings towards one another ( they both have each other as their motivation to keep going). Thank you for sharing this to us and yes CHIHAYA X ARATA TOGETHER FOREVER!!!!! :)
sweetangieFeb 22, 2014 8:28 PM
Feb 24, 2014 10:23 PM

Mar 2012
I prefer Chihaya x Shinobu.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Apr 17, 2014 7:18 PM

Apr 2009
Chihaya and Porky
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2014 10:51 PM

Sep 2013
WHOOOO. Finally found this thread!

Fuck Taichi!, I ship Chihaya x Arata!!
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
May 9, 2014 4:20 PM

Jan 2014
Arata x Chihaya all the way, he's superior to Taichi. Also, I don't see any reason to ship Taichi with Chihaya, not at all. Unless the mangaka wants to please the majority of the fans, it's quite obvious Arata will get Chihaya.
May 25, 2014 11:59 PM

Jul 2013
wanderingplayboy said:
Arata x Chihaya all the way, he's superior to Taichi. Also, I don't see any reason to ship Taichi with Chihaya, not at all. Unless the mangaka wants to please the majority of the fans, it's quite obvious Arata will get Chihaya.

I couldn't agree more.

I mean, when I came here, I expected around 90% people to vote for Chihaya x Arata. I mean, even the idea of Chihaya ending up with Taichi sounds bizarre to me. Arata is superior to Taichi in every way. I'm not just referring to Karuta. I mean, he's obviously kinder and a better person at heart. I say this because, he always puts his team before him, wants them (Chihaya, Taichi and Himself) to get back together, doesn't hold any grudge against Taichi, and heck, he even goes to the old apartment where he used to play with Chihaya(He clearly treasures those memories). Whereas, Taichi is a cunning guy. He tries to direct Chihaya's attention away from Arata everytime, and doesn't want them to get back together on a team. I can go on and on about how Arata is better than Taichi while not coming up with a single point for the opposite. I just don't understand why people would want her to end up with Taichi.
May 27, 2014 4:42 AM

May 2011
I'd be pefectly fine with either Chihaya x Arata or Chihaya x Taichi, though I don't see the latter happening unless Arata x Shinobu happens first.

That said, I feel for Taichi for being stuck in the friendzone/emo-limbo for so long (yeah, I know he's just a cartoon character). I've been there myself and it can be really emotionally draining and depressing if you don't have the courage to resolve things (one way or the other, mostly the other).
May 31, 2014 6:39 PM
May 2013
This is such a difficult question. I like Taichi a lot, I think he has matured from when he was a kid and I think his feelings for Chihaya are so clear. Arata is not quite as clear, I'm not sure how he feels. Chihaya seems to like Arata based on the last episode.

I want Taichi to be happy and empathize with him, but I do think Arata and Chihaya make more sense as a fit. So I guess maybe how about...Chihaya/Arata and TAICHI/SHINOBU! =D
May 31, 2014 11:14 PM

Feb 2011
Hahalollawl said:
This is such a difficult question. I like Taichi a lot, I think he has matured from when he was a kid and I think his feelings for Chihaya are so clear. Arata is not quite as clear, I'm not sure how he feels. Chihaya seems to like Arata based on the last episode.

Arata feelings for Chihaya is so clear as water (during the anime) and everyone can see how much he desires to be with her (by him playing karuta is expressing how much he loves her: the way goes with her: is their bond that brought them together). You should read the manga from the ahead chapters to know more details: there you will see what I mean. :)
sweetangieMay 31, 2014 11:52 PM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2013

182 by pendr4gonz »»
Sep 17, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MermaidGalaxies - Jun 28, 2013

362 by Spyral_Grayson »»
Jul 20, 1:19 AM

» New season

DonCaLiChAn - Jul 4

12 by shahriarm10 »»
Jul 10, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2013

138 by bassyey »»
Mar 16, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2013

160 by fathandz »»
Feb 17, 11:50 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.