Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
Do you prefer Chihaya/Taichi or Chihaya/Arata?
Mar 2, 2013 12:48 AM
Jan 2011
Oh com'on I'm sure this question is on everyone's mind, just which pairing is more preferred by the fans. As for me I think I prefer Chihaya/Taichi, reason being they look perfect together and Taichi is more reliable over Arata. I feel Taichi has his priority straight here... Karuta is a game, not a way of life. I like Taichi's never give up attitude and I feel Chihaya has more chemistry with Taichi.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a poll about who you prefer for Chihaya. This is not speculation about who you think the creator will choose as Chihaya's match, or who appears to be better suited for Chihaya. Please give your most honest vote regarding the question: Do you prefer Chihaya/Taichi or Chihaya/Arata? Maybe a explanation would be nice as well.

Please be courteous with your words and do not turn this thread into a debate.
eien_kisekiMar 2, 2013 1:01 AM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 2, 2013 12:51 AM

Jun 2007
I genuinely feel that Chihaya shouldn't get with anyone - it simply doesn't fit her character or personality that's been developed from her childhood to the present. Having her pick a guy, anyone really, would just be so unbelievable coming from her that it'd feel more like a fanfic than canon and kind of ruin the story from that point on (or the ending, if that would be it). The author would do best to have it end with her simply loving both as she does already, rather than introducing any romance aspect on her part. Taichi has onesided love, but aside that one aspect there's no romance in the series between these three characters - it'd be much better for him to just get with someone else or remain single and moving on, accepting that she'll never feel that way for him, than for any couple to form in this group.

It'd basically just be too unbelievable and WAY out of character for her to go out with either of them that it really needs to not happen. It'd feel like forced in bullshit just to add a more prominent romance aspect to the series or ending (which they can already do with other cast members), it wouldn't feel natural or right at all for Chihaya's character.
TallonKarrde23Mar 2, 2013 12:54 AM
Mar 2, 2013 12:53 AM

Feb 2011
Taichi for sure. <3
Mar 2, 2013 12:57 AM
Jan 2011
TallonKarrde23 said:
I genuinely feel that Chihaya shouldn't get with anyone - it simply doesn't fit her character or personality that's been developed from her childhood to the present. Having her pick a guy, anyone really, would just be so unbelievable coming from her that it'd feel more like a fanfic than canon and kind of ruin the story from that point on (or the ending, if that would be it). The author would do best to have it end with her simply loving both as she does already, rather than introducing any romance aspect on her part. Taichi has onesided love, but aside that one aspect there's no romance in the series between these three characters - it'd be much better for him to just get with someone else or remain single and moving on, accepting that she'll never feel that way for him, than for any couple to form in this group.

It'd basically just be too unbelievable and WAY out of character for her to go out with either of them that it really needs to not happen. It'd feel like forced in bullshit just to add a more prominent romance aspect to the series or ending (which they can already do with other cast members), it wouldn't feel natural or right at all for Chihaya's character.

Sorry but i think i said in my first post that this thread isn't speculating about future pairing of Chihayafuru or lack thereof (all up to the creator), however i can understand if you truly do not care for this anime to have a pairing.
Mar 2, 2013 12:59 AM

Jun 2007
eien_kiseki said:
Sorry but i think i said in my first post that this thread isn't speculating about future pairing of Chihayafuru or lack thereof (all up to the creator), however i can understand if you truly do not care for this anime to have a pairing.

And I wasn't speculating it at all, as I have no idea what the author will do (probably end with romance, as that will make more sales, so not even what I was saying) - I was posting my response to which pairing I prefer; the answer being neither. I prefer Chihaya to be kept in character and thus stay single and loving them as friends and nothing more.
Mar 2, 2013 1:49 AM

Dec 2012
I voted Chihaya/Arata but i much rather have shinbou x arata

I think the chances are like this:-

1/ chichya ending up with no one ( highest chance)
2/ chihya x arata ( second highest chance considering what happend in the manga)
3/ chihya x tachi ( kinda low , tachi will properly continue to suffer in the friend zone )
Mar 2, 2013 3:51 AM

Mar 2007
My #1 choice: Chihaya/karuta (thankfully most likely one).
My #2 choice: Chihaya/Kanade (not happening :/).

Taichi and Arata can go screw each other.
Mar 2, 2013 5:36 AM

Oct 2011
i really like chihaya x taichi but got to admit that chihaya x arata has a higher probability.
well, who knows. :)
Mar 2, 2013 5:47 AM

Oct 2011
Chihaya x Arata - both are rather simpleminded (slightly dumb) and fixated on karuta, so they can have a date with playing it.
Pairing her with Taichi is rather inhuman for him and there are other, better options (in order: Kanade, Sumire and Desk-kun - thou he would also fit nicelly with Kanade).
Mar 2, 2013 9:06 AM

May 2009
Taichi, too bad it won't happen.

We had this thread already http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=358773
Mar 2, 2013 1:34 PM

Aug 2011
Chihaya/Taichi and Arata/Shinobu. Perfect.
Mar 2, 2013 7:32 PM
Dec 2010
We know: Arata/Taichi/Komano/Nishida in a foursome.
Mar 3, 2013 2:25 AM

May 2010
Chihaya/taichi by miles.
Mar 5, 2013 8:07 AM

Oct 2012
Chihaya / Taichi all the way. He's liked her since looked like a little boy u.u
I don't oppose Arata / Shinobu.
"We should be more proud of NEETs! Love the country that strives to produce NEETs, for world peace, we must stand up! We must find more non NEET-in-waiting elites, learn from each other , form a new Japanese Party, and bravely challenge the evil! Grow, NEETs! Grow like blazing fire! NEETs!”
Mar 5, 2013 5:24 PM
Nov 2011
Chihaya / Taichi ! He cares for her so much more than Arata, and they've been through so much together! I think that Chihaya just admires Arata because he's good at karuta
Mar 5, 2013 9:44 PM

May 2010
fanty said:
My #1 choice: Chihaya/karuta (thankfully most likely one).

Most likely event to happen or better yet throw Arata in there for a love triangle
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 9, 2013 12:57 PM

Jul 2012
I'm surprised I'm on the majority in a shipping poll. LOL I usually take the least popular one. Taichi is still the underdog in this love triangle though. ): Quite sad.

itsvero said:
Chihaya/Taichi and Arata/Shinobu. Perfect.
May 3, 2013 9:24 AM

Jun 2009
Taichi sucks.. since Episode 1 of the first season I hated that guy,, remember that episode where he bullied Arata ? ohhh god that poor young arata getting bullied by a rich spoiled pathetic kid still fresh in my head everytime I watch this series.. Never hated A character like I hate Taichi.Hope Yuno get him for me..
g0ng0n16May 3, 2013 9:27 AM
May 4, 2013 3:31 AM

Mar 2013
I don't like how people think Arata deserves Chihaya because Taichi is so privileged and can afford to lose out just this once. What? It's not like Taichi ever lorded it over anyone that he was from a wealthy family. He was good at so many things because he was always pressured by his mum, and he works hard at whatever he sets out to do. Every time he gets left behind when Chihaya runs to Arata, my heart breaks for him (although even I have to admit, breaking up with his girlfriend like that was a bit of a dick move). I honestly think he cares about Chihaya more than Arata does, and for that I hope he gets her. But as long as he ends up happy in the end, that's good enough for me.
ImanzaMay 4, 2013 3:34 AM
"Go bald, Kurosaki."

May 4, 2013 8:29 AM

Oct 2011
Taichi suits her better imo, although I'm starting to like Arata more now compared to the first season. In all likelihood, I doubt Chihaya will end up with either seeing how this anime isn't centered on romance.

May 4, 2013 11:52 AM

Apr 2010
Arata sucks and his way of talking :)) He does not deserve Chihaya.
May 18, 2013 6:50 AM

Mar 2012
Arata gave her a passion, she look at him with those admired eyes.
That's all, I'm always support Chihaya, if she love Arata, I vote for him :)
May 18, 2013 8:55 AM

May 2010
I choose Taichi, because he's actually there for Chihaya. Arata is boring now. It's obvious that Chihaya likes Arata though, so that's kind of sad.
May 18, 2013 10:38 AM

Feb 2009
I prefer Chihaya/Taichi but Chihaya/Arata seems more possible.
May 18, 2013 11:48 AM

Mar 2009
ill go for the underdog Taichi... coz i have a feeling that this is gonna be an Arata ending... hope Taichi do something ASAP...

worst end: Lets be friends forever!
May 19, 2013 12:48 AM

Jun 2011
tsudecimo said:
I voted Chihaya/Arata but i much rather have shinbou x arata

I know right! Need more of Arata and Shinobu
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 19, 2013 6:09 PM

Dec 2012
eivanhoe said:

Yeah his kansai dialect is the main reason why I hate him so much.
May 21, 2013 10:32 PM

May 2010
Chihaya ♥ Taichi. Though Arata ♥ Shinobu is actually more likely to happen. Chihaya only loves karuta and everyone who loves it as much as she does. Heck, pair Taichi and Arata and she'll probably just ship it.
May 21, 2013 10:44 PM

May 2013
Why everyone think chihaya will pair up with taichi?

arata is highest chance to win chihaya's heart .
May 22, 2013 10:00 PM
Jan 2010
IntervisioN said:
eivanhoe said:

His dialect is the main reason why I like him so much.
May 24, 2013 9:43 AM

Jun 2011
v3catsxanime said:
IntervisioN said:
eivanhoe said:

His dialect is the main reason why I like him so much.

Me too, his dialect is one of the reasons why I like him that much XD I just love every dialect except for the normal japanese one.. By the way that wasn't kansai dialect Arata was using.
May 24, 2013 2:22 PM

Sep 2008
This is jousei not shoujo, so everything is possible :)

I like Arata, and I like his kansai dialect,
but I vote for Tachi xD
but... I hate his emo scenes whenever Arata show up.
So... I don't really want to see whole drama when Chihaya will be with Arata,
and emo Tachi because of this.

Also, I think Chihaya love only Karuta, and look at Arata as some idol or something,
and don't think about him as possible boyfriend.

Anyway... there is not much love in "Chihayafuru" xD
May 24, 2013 7:59 PM

Apr 2013
Used to support Chihaya/Arata but after seeing Taichi's efforts, I would love to see Chihaya/Taichi more now
May 24, 2013 11:46 PM

Jun 2011
LittleStar said:

Anyway... there is not much love in "Chihayafuru" xD

There is, but it's hidden underneath the true meaning behind the poems
May 25, 2013 1:33 AM

Sep 2008
Yeah, but romance isn't priority.
Character don't focus how get girl or boy,
but they just focus on Karuta.
Tachi is in love with Chihaya,
but he don't talk, think about her everytime,
only there are some moments when he stop thinking about Karuta,
and think about Chihaya.
This is like shounen manga,
where author focus on fight,
showing how this character becomes stronger
but there will be character who is in love
and who bring some love moments to story.
Jun 2, 2013 2:18 PM
Feb 2012
Taichi is a little douche. In the first season he thought he was so high and mighty, particularly over Arata (hiding his glasses, ignoring him, etc). In the present all he wants is Chihaya so he does karuta and gets all emo whenever Arata shows up. Normally I would feel sorry for him but since he was such a prick I feel no sympathy.

Arata all day. It's clear that Chihaya has a thing for him anyway.
Jun 2, 2013 3:07 PM

Mar 2011
slimsh4d3y said:
Taichi is a little douche.

I love Taichi to pieces, but for some reason this made my laugh uncontrollably.
Jun 3, 2013 4:15 PM

Feb 2011
Definitely Arata x Chihaya, they are so PERFECT together! *_*
Jun 12, 2013 5:16 PM

Dec 2012
I think it's pretty obvious that Chihaya isn't going to end up with either of them, but I have to say I would prefer it be Arata. Arata is the whole reason Chihaya loves karuta and she seems to have a preference for him anyway. Taichi always comes off as jealous and resentful of that fact. Also, the majority of people saying that Taichi/Chihaya is a better fit only think that because Taichi is the hotter guy. I am so sick of the pretty guy and the pretty girl being together. Arata has such a deep character and he deserves her more!!
Jun 13, 2013 8:21 AM

Sep 2008
^I wouln't say "majority of people saying", maybe "some people".
I don't like idea Chihaya falling in love with Arata, because thanks him,
she start to play in Karuta.
Hope story will don't go in this way.

I love Taichi character development,
I love how they could count on each other,
how they care of each other,
they trust each other.

And after all these episodes for me
is hard to don't root for Taichi.

And I like when he is jealous,
because this means he really like her!
What is wrong with jealous?
As long he is jealous in this way,
I'm ok with this :D
Jun 13, 2013 9:41 AM

Mar 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:

Are you talking about during the timeframe of the anime or just in life in-general?

If you're talking about in-general, then I think you've got a really bizarre world view. It wouldn't be "in-character"? Seriously? People do actually fall in love, whether it's in character or not. Also need to keep in mind that she is just a teenager after all. Those feelings can change when you get older and I've known people who were friends when they were younger who fell in love before.

Will the manga take this direction? It's a possibility. I won't speculate since I'm not reading it and I've given up on predicting what writers/original creators will do with a series.
Jun 14, 2013 3:34 PM

Aug 2008
Taichi of course! Unfortunately, he won't stop being the punching bag for the mangaka...
Jun 14, 2013 6:14 PM

Aug 2012
Episode 23: Point-Taichi
Jun 14, 2013 6:24 PM
Mar 2013
Arata+Chihaya since Arata's love for karuta is as genuine as Chihaya's, and to Chihaya karuta>everything. Taichi never seems to enjoy playing karuta the same way Chihaya and Arata do. When Arata saw Chihaya play for the first time in a long time (with her left hand), all he thought about was how much fun playing karuta with Chihaya would be <3. They both have this pure and innocent love for the game. In both seasons, Taichi always seems to give Chihaya prep talks about winning and then wonders if he had said the right thing to motivate her. On the contrary, I remember Arata sending Chihaya a text after a tournament not asking how she did, but simply if she had fun.

Chihaya and Arata always seem to cherish and respect their opponents' passion when playing karuta. Taichi on the other hand seems to be solely focused on winning or losing when it comes to the game itself, and sees the opponent as simply another obstacle to overcome.

These moments have created this subtle undertone in the character development and plot that displays how Chihaya and Arata's love for karuta are so similar to each others, and then so different to Taichi's. Arata just seems to understand Chihaya's heart and love for karuta more so than Taichi does.
Jun 14, 2013 7:09 PM

Aug 2012
The reason Taichi doesn't "enjoy" playing is because he doesn't feel like he's at a place where he can be comfortable enough to enjoy playing. That place would be next to Chihaya and Arata in terms of skill. The whole reason he plays with such determination is so he can play with them as equals, more so with Chihaya. He said it in this last episode, he wants to be able to beat Chihaya. Obviously, he wants to be able to get to the point where he can beat her so that she can have more fun playing with him. Chihaya is his goal. He doesn't have time to enjoy playing right now.
Jun 14, 2013 8:10 PM
Mar 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
The reason Taichi doesn't "enjoy" playing is because he doesn't feel like he's at a place where he can be comfortable enough to enjoy playing. That place would be next to Chihaya and Arata in terms of skill. The whole reason he plays with such determination is so he can play with them as equals, more so with Chihaya. He said it in this last episode, he wants to be able to beat Chihaya. Obviously, he wants to be able to get to the point where he can beat her so that she can have more fun playing with him. Chihaya is his goal. He doesn't have time to enjoy playing right now.

I'm sure Chihaya wouldn't want that for him. How would Chihaya feel if she knew Taichi wasn't having fun being on a team with her? If what you say is true then he's too focused on the destination, and not enjoying the journey he gets to have with Chihaya.
Jun 14, 2013 8:28 PM

Dec 2012
Taichi x Chihaya for sure. My dream pairing for this anime <3
Jun 14, 2013 8:48 PM

Aug 2012
Cincib0i said:
I'm sure Chihaya wouldn't want that for him. How would Chihaya feel if she knew Taichi wasn't having fun being on a team with her? If what you say is true then he's too focused on the destination, and not enjoying the journey he gets to have with Chihaya.

You can bet your ass she wants him to become as good as her and Arata. From the beginning she said she wanted to help him get to class A. You can't just assume you know what she would want for him, and you also shouldn't assume he isn't having fun, just because he is so focused on the destination. He has a goal, something that drives him, and the resolve to make it happen. That's just his character. Also he has responsibilities as president, and a huge part of that responsibility for him is watching over and being there for Chihaya. Just because you think he should be writing in his diary about how much damn fun everyday with Chihaya is rather than working his ass off for her, doesn't mean that's what would be best for his AND Chihaya's character. Plus that would make him significantly less worthy of Chihaya's love..
Jun 21, 2013 1:11 PM
Mar 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
Cincib0i said:

You can bet your ass she wants him to become as good as her and Arata. From the beginning she said she wanted to help him get to class A. You can't just assume you know what she would want for him, and you also shouldn't assume he isn't having fun, just because he is so focused on the destination. He has a goal, something that drives him, and the resolve to make it happen. That's just his character. Also he has responsibilities as president, and a huge part of that responsibility for him is watching over and being there for Chihaya. Just because you think he should be writing in his diary about how much damn fun everyday with Chihaya is rather than working his ass off for her, doesn't mean that's what would be best for his AND Chihaya's character. Plus that would make him significantly less worthy of Chihaya's love..

I meant that Chihaya wouldn't want Taichi to not have fun, not that she doesn't want him to improve. Sure, Taichi could be having fun but the mangaka doesn't really display it very clearly, at least not as distinctively as the fun Chihaya and Arata have. I thinks it's safe to assume Chihaya wants Taichi to improve and have fun. Could you really imagine her not wanting that for Taichi?
You seem way too hostile bro. I'm not cheering for either side. Just saying that at the moment Arata seems more suited for Taichi, but Taichi is clearly getting more character development than Arata. My guess is that he will come to better understand Chihaya's love for karuta as a part of his character development.
Jun 21, 2013 1:17 PM

Nov 2007
The most emotions we've seen Chihaya display for someone is in Chihaya x Shinobu. I expect Arata x Taichi will happen out of sheer brolidarity.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2013

138 by bassyey »»
Mar 16, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2013

160 by fathandz »»
Feb 17, 11:50 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2013

136 by fathandz »»
Feb 15, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2013

181 by fathandz »»
Feb 11, 3:38 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 10, 2013

110 by fathandz »»
Feb 7, 9:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.