Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 29, 2016 6:31 AM

Mar 2015
I just checked out the recent reviews of anime and I noticed that every second review was just devoted to this series with people calling it the best anime ever after four episodes.Its getting annoying.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 29, 2016 6:37 AM

May 2015
welcome to M.A.L.

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Jan 29, 2016 6:59 AM

Jan 2014
Leave them alone. They are just a kids. They like every new anime even if series is a garbage.
Jan 29, 2016 7:01 AM
Mar 2015
yashasvi12345 said:
I just checked out the recent reviews of anime and I noticed that every second review was just devoted to this series with people calling it the best anime ever after four episodes.Its getting annoying.

So the problem is that you don’t like the fact that every 2 reviewer on MAL thinks that Boku dake ga Inai Machi is the best anime the world has ever seen, am I right? If so, I don’t think that it is the main problem on that website. I would even say that it is absolutely not a problem; you are free to like, adore, fanboy/fangirl an anime you like, you are free to idolize it be it SAO, TG, and whatever anime you want. But your review should be a solid explanation of how “an anime A” deserves the tittle of the best, or one of the best anime on that website. That’s the problem I see on that website, people idolize average anime and think that it will be the best thing in their lives. Fine, I don’t care about inexperience of some anime fans; tastes differ. But don’t write these short blog entries with horrible grammar that explain nothing, and are nothing but a waste of other users’ time.

However, you shouldn’t even think about it. Most of the review for that anime will be deleted, as they are against the review guidelines. (MAL has only 3 moderators and it might take them awhile to read your report, etc, etc…) I would also like to add the fact that we will see the recruitment for review/recommendation moderators soon, and it means that we will see more reviews that we will be able to call reviews, I hope.
NashetaniaJan 29, 2016 7:06 AM
Jan 29, 2016 7:08 AM

Nov 2015
That's right. Yes, Boku dake ga Inai Machi is really a good anime and deserves a good spot but, come on, it's been just 4 episodes. A proper review should be done after you've completed it, so you can make a full explanation of why it deserves the rating you've given to it.

It's not like you are so exited that you can't wait and trow 10s at it. But, it's the internet, and people tend to do what they want.

I guess this happens with any new series...There will be always somebody that will say "this is the best anime ever" even for something that it's not on the TOP. Why? Because everything is subjective.

We'll have to live with it I suppose.
Jan 29, 2016 7:18 AM
Nov 2015
I agree that review should not be written before completing a series. But again, reviews are editable. So if their perception of the series changes, they can modify their reviews.

It's not ideal but it isn't such a big deal imo.

HDarkmantis said:
I guess this happens with any new series...There will be always somebody that will say "this is the best anime ever" even for something that it's not on the TOP.

So, everyone should say that FMA Brotherhood is the best anime ever because it is on "TOP"?
Jan 29, 2016 10:15 AM
Oct 2013
Who the fucks cares really?

Why are you people making useless threads? I don't even understand why I respond this.

Stop caring about other people opinions, don't look at other people scores/reviews and just enjoy watching anime you like.
Jan 29, 2016 10:22 AM

Feb 2010
Honestly, I can understand the feel, though, since so early on people are being hyped up.
Whether or not it's a valuable review especially as the series progresses...that can be arguable, but meh.

But maybe these reviewers' feels were so strong they had to share their thoughts. I don't think there's anything wrong with that, really.
Jan 29, 2016 10:33 AM

Nov 2015
Ramboll said:

So, everyone should say that FMA Brotherhood is the best anime ever because it is on "TOP"?

Nope, they should not be bound to the score. Again, everything is subjective. One cannot say somebody else what to feel when they watch a series. I'm sure there are people that didn't like FMA or S;G, just as an example.
skykh said:
Who the fucks cares really?

Why are you people making useless threads? I don't even understand why I respond this.

Stop caring about other people opinions, don't look at other people scores/reviews and just enjoy watching anime you like.

Dude chill. You are being a little bit ironic. You defend people writing reviews about what they feel, but criticize OP for posting his opinion. Give him a break.

EarlCiel said:

But maybe these reviewers' feels were so strong they had to share their thoughts. I don't think there's anything wrong with that, really.

Exactly
Jan 29, 2016 10:58 AM

Feb 2015
Not really a big deal just let them review and enjoy it
andy97Jan 29, 2016 11:31 AM
Jan 29, 2016 11:08 AM

Mar 2014
as soon as people stop giving this and other shows like opm a 1 for the sole purpose of dragging its score down
Jan 29, 2016 11:25 AM

May 2014
Guys, has anyone read the Reviewer guidelines for MAL. These are not your regular reviews, they get deleted at the end of the season.

These are 'previews' For a regular 1 cour show you can only post a preview after episode 4.

I think previews are really helpful for some people. I don't see anything wrong with the concept of a preview. Also, just because somethings rated a 10, that can always change in the future if the series crashes and burns.

These people aren't guaranteeing that the show is 10/10 , it's just that so far, they think that the show is very well done so far.
Jan 29, 2016 11:53 AM

Apr 2013
why do you care tho?
Jan 29, 2016 11:54 AM
Feb 2011
But they get all these people getting annoyed for no reason. I think there should be more reviews.
Jan 29, 2016 11:55 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
'Previews' will be deleted and replaced by full reviews once the series finishes airing anyway

Deal with it
Jan 29, 2016 11:57 AM

Dec 2008
yuiyuigahama said:
as soon as people stop giving this and other shows like opm a 1 for the sole purpose of dragging its score down
This is the kind of stuff I hate the most. People abusing the system just because they can't stand others loving something.

jiecut said:
Guys, has anyone read the Reviewer guidelines for MAL. These are not your regular reviews, they get deleted at the end of the season.

These are 'previews' For a regular 1 cour show you can only post a preview after episode 4.

I think previews are really helpful for some people. I don't see anything wrong with the concept of a preview. Also, just because somethings rated a 10, that can always change in the future if the series crashes and burns.

These people aren't guaranteeing that the show is 10/10 , it's just that so far, they think that the show is very well done so far.
I agree with this. Sometimes I like to look at what people think about a currently airing show to help decide if it's something I should jump into or not.
Jan 29, 2016 11:59 AM

Sep 2009
Don't worry, reviews don't exist anymore, the same way those listing articles don't.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jan 29, 2016 1:18 PM

Jul 2015
This is the same website where some people score animes that hasn't even aired yet so.
Jan 29, 2016 1:37 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
More people should do review to piss off people like OP.
Jan 29, 2016 3:32 PM
Aug 2014
yashasvi12345 said:
I've reviewed it but then read the other reviews and thought I'd be sick. People are getting the +1s from the people who have nothing bad to say about the review. I personally thought the show was a 9 and had my reasons stacked in the review. I just hope a reasonable review makes it up high. The top review starts with the generic "OMG 10/10 just for 4 eps? I'll tell u why, I love it bcuz its cute. You should watch it"...is pretty much it.
LockHowlJan 29, 2016 3:41 PM
Jan 29, 2016 5:12 PM

Oct 2007
MAL has half turned this show into a joke circle jerk now. Barely worth taking seriously here, just use other forums, literally any. People are even setting the status of watched episodes to 12 and completed now I've noticed so it's weighted heavier and can get the rank up faster (I was wondering how it was going up so much even as like barely 1,000 new scores got added), that's what this has become about, pure circlejerk. Basically the whole things a joke here now. ANN like 24 users have rated it as very good right now, MAL like 22,000 and a good chunk of that number are lying about finishing it to game the system for the sake of their hype train circlejerk show of which there must always be one show every fucking season. Stupid shit like what gets AOTS status matters a lot to the MAL community I've noticed.

My advice would be let it be as important to them as it seems to be and take the MAL ranking system and hype mongering for what it is and enjoy the show or don't.
PeacingOutJan 29, 2016 5:21 PM
Jan 29, 2016 5:13 PM

Apr 2014
Get back on the hype train OP, we're all on it.
Jan 29, 2016 5:23 PM

Oct 2007
Grudge said:
yashasvi12345 said:

So the problem is that you don’t like the fact that every 2 reviewer on MAL thinks that Boku dake ga Inai Machi is the best anime the world has ever seen, am I right? If so, I don’t think that it is the main problem on that website. I would even say that it is absolutely not a problem; you are free to like, adore, fanboy/fangirl an anime you like, you are free to idolize it be it SAO, TG, and whatever anime you want. But your review should be a solid explanation of how “an anime A” deserves the tittle of the best, or one of the best anime on that website. That’s the problem I see on that website, people idolize average anime and think that it will be the best thing in their lives. Fine, I don’t care about inexperience of some anime fans; tastes differ. But don’t write these short blog entries with horrible grammar that explain nothing, and are nothing but a waste of other users’ time.

However, you shouldn’t even think about it. Most of the review for that anime will be deleted, as they are against the review guidelines. (MAL has only 3 moderators and it might take them awhile to read your report, etc, etc…) I would also like to add the fact that we will see the recruitment for review/recommendation moderators soon, and it means that we will see more reviews that we will be able to call reviews, I hope.

Man honestly I'm not even sure how one could be bothered by the reviews here based on the points you've made, I mean look at half of them, they feel like they were done in a minute or two with the soul purpose being just getting that 10/10 out there for some of these shows. It's a useless site feature really much like the exploitable ranking system.

HDarkmantis said:
That's right. Yes, Boku dake ga Inai Machi is really a good anime and deserves a good spot but, come on, it's been just 4 episodes. A proper review should be done after you've completed it, so you can make a full explanation of why it deserves the rating you've given to it.

It's not like you are so exited that you can't wait and trow 10s at it. But, it's the internet, and people tend to do what they want.

I guess this happens with any new series...There will be always somebody that will say "this is the best anime ever" even for something that it's not on the TOP. Why? Because everything is subjective.

We'll have to live with it I suppose.

That's not what this is about though, giving people practical, helpful and useful reviews on shows I mean. People here think reviews are a chance to be important by either calling something the greatest ever and slathering the shows with tens or being hip and shitting on them with ultra low sub 3/10 scores. I mean you can easily tell how little thought or effort is going into all of this, it's all about hype or counter-hype and trolling and baiting and lording shit over other people like your better than them tastewise etc. I've noticed the community has really gone steeply down the gutter this decade with just all the petty cliquism and "superior to pleb tastes" commentary going around and if anything it just makes the anime community look full of shitty people more than anything which is how we get funny satire like this. It's sad that it even had to get made though and that it's just so accurate and quotable.
PeacingOutJan 29, 2016 5:28 PM
Jan 29, 2016 5:25 PM

Apr 2015
The reviews currently up are intended to be previews to convince people to pick up the series. And rarely do we get anime as good as this, so the hype is justified.

If the series becomes crap in the last few episodes I'll change my review and put a big "With sincere apologies to yashasvi12345" at the top.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jan 29, 2016 5:30 PM

Oct 2007
CatSoul said:
The reviews currently up are intended to be previews to convince people to pick up the series. And rarely do we get anime as good as this, so the hype is justified.

If the series becomes crap in the last few episodes I'll change my review and put a big "With sincere apologies to yashasvi12345" at the top.

That's not what's going to happen because people won't admit to being part of that even if it does. Sometimes you can tell when somethings already been set in stone. Now that people think it might be annoying other users they're just going to step it up so I hope the OP realizes that too. IMO this community is almost certainly that petty.

asukaori said:
This is the same website where some people score animes that hasn't even aired yet so.

If it was at all allowed Steins;Gate 0 would be number 1 already strictly for hyping purposes, but yes also worth taking into account.
Jan 29, 2016 5:34 PM

Jul 2015
How tf you gone give this anime an 8.98 if it's not even halfway done
Jan 29, 2016 6:24 PM

Apr 2015
Bad things happen
I'm feelin' normal, I'm feelin' myself ♪♪
Jan 29, 2016 6:26 PM

Nov 2014
yashasvi12345 said:
why do you care? I don't even read reviews.

Jan 29, 2016 6:40 PM

May 2014
I don't know what you mean about a lot of people saying 12/12 watched. I don't really see that many accounts doing that.
Jan 29, 2016 6:45 PM

Nov 2011
Can't wait to see the disappointment if the series drop the ball on the other half.

The series is average, its just that the other anime that air this season is so not great that it look like a masterpiece in comparison.

Jan 29, 2016 6:47 PM

Jun 2013
yashasvi12345 said:

I think this is one of the best, if not, the best series for Winter 2016 but ever? Perhaps, not quite there yet.

Still, welcome to MAL, where people call SAO, Bleach, Naruto and all those shitty series "da best animaaaay evaah!"
臭い-
Jan 29, 2016 7:16 PM

May 2015
liked your welcome?

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Jan 29, 2016 7:19 PM

Jul 2014
Yeah, it's pretty dumb like ERASED deserves all the praise its getting, it's a really good series but people are writing FULL reviews of it already giving the story a 10/10 like chill. Not saying it doesn't deserve it but its just stupid to give a full review on a show that's been airing for like 3 weeks.
Jan 29, 2016 7:26 PM

Oct 2014
Dimethylanime said:

because by only watching four episodes anyone can clearly see this is the best anime of the century
Jan 29, 2016 7:29 PM

Jul 2013
I mean, to be fair, reading a review of ~what's aired so far may help people decide if they want to pick up a show or not. Unless someone in the review is claiming that all yet to be aired episodes will also DEFINITELY be amazing and flawfree, I don't see the harm.
Jan 29, 2016 7:29 PM

Oct 2014
Bibimbapski said:
yashasvi12345 said:

I think this is one of the best, if not, the best series for Winter 2016 but ever? Perhaps, not quite there yet.

Still, welcome to MAL, where people call SAO, Bleach, Naruto and all those shitty series "da best animaaaay evaah!"

it is not even the best anime of the season shouwa rakugo has way better character inteactions than erased it is also subtle about the themes and it has no convoluted time travel gimmicks
Jan 29, 2016 7:33 PM

Dec 2015
I should review this series just to piss you off op, and I've only seen up to episode 2.

:)
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 29, 2016 7:38 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
How is it annoying?

Reviews don't even make a sound or force you to read it.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jan 29, 2016 7:46 PM

Jun 2013
gabrielrroiz said:
Bibimbapski said:

it is not even the best anime of the season shouwa rakugo has way better character inteactions than erased it is also subtle about the themes and it has no convoluted time travel gimmicks

I agree with you on Shouwa, it's definite AOTS for me but so is Boku dake. I have two AOTS, so sue me. Also, they're in entirely different genres. What's so "gimmicky" about "convoluted time travel?" Would you say the same thing about Back to the Future or Steins;Gate? It's science fiction and if everything were to be easily explained then what's the point of having a mystery series with time-traveling elements? Anyways, I'm not here to please you or anyone else. If you're pissed that people are enjoying Boku dake (being one of those Anime/manga hipsters who shun popular series) then that's your own problem and not mine.
臭い-
Jan 29, 2016 7:48 PM
Jul 2018
MAL don't care....
Jan 29, 2016 8:17 PM

Oct 2014
Bibimbapski said:
gabrielrroiz said:

I agree with you on Shouwa, it's definite AOTS for me but so is Boku dake. I have two AOTS, so sue me. Also, they're in entirely different genres. What's so "gimmicky" about "convoluted time travel?" Would you say the same thing about Back to the Future or Steins;Gate? It's science fiction and if everything were to be easily explained then what's the point of having a mystery series with time-traveling elements? Anyways, I'm not here to please you or anyone else. If you're pissed that people are enjoying Boku dake (being one of those Anime/manga hipsters who shun popular series) then that's your own problem and not mine.

in steins gate the time travel did not worked in any the writeer wants and there were rules that defined its use in that setting
that is why steins gate handles time travel way better than erased
Jan 29, 2016 9:04 PM
Sep 2013
obviously your opinion matters and will certainly stop everyone from doing what they want to do.

oh wait this is the internet, no one cares what you think
Jan 29, 2016 9:28 PM

Oct 2007
dizzyur said:
MAL don't care....

It's true, it really doesn't care much about anything that isn't hype or trollbaiting related.
gabrielrroiz said:
Bibimbapski said:

I appreciate the fact that Shouwa is a lot less teen melodrama and a bit more adult oriented. It doesn't seem like it's try to win me over by jerking my emotions around whatever (not that that'd really work anyway a few episodes into a show) so much as making use of them, just by being interesting and allowing me to learn about the possibly dying art form it depicts. That's some unusual stuff. Honestly I think what's been holding it back from at least getting more viewership is that Deen is so badly stigmatized from some of it's mid 2000's adaptations of really popular VN material that just that alone means people won't give it a chance. I can't even imagine where it'd be at if it were being done by one of the designate popular studios like Kyoani, Madhouse, SHAFT, Bones or god forbid even A-1 like this show, but I'm almost certain it would be a lot more in the conversation of what are supposed to be the better Winter shows and have anywhere from 5-10 times the viewership if not more.

Even that said I still personally find people really overstate and frankly mis-categorize or over simplify it's merits in the threads like with this show, just at a lower volume as I notice that there isn't this mad crush to review and rate it like this show. The ratio of viewers to scorers is something like 1:7 whereas with this one it's more like 1:4.5 and of those 25,000 or so viewers not a single one has thought to give an early review (0:25,171 ratio) where with this show it's like 25 in a single day or a 1:4594 ratio. What are you gonna do though? MAL gonna MAL.
PeacingOutJan 29, 2016 9:43 PM
Jan 29, 2016 11:38 PM

May 2015
HaXXspetten said:
'Previews' will be deleted and replaced by full reviews once the series finishes airing anyway

Deal with it

But they don't get deleted. Go see OPM reviews. There's a review there with a score of 1 and he's only seen one episode. We all know this is a troll but it still wasn't deleted. Don't act like they always delete things when they're supposed to; they don't.

Jan 30, 2016 1:11 AM
Mar 2015
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Man honestly I'm not even sure how one could be bothered by the reviews here based on the points you've made, I mean look at half of them, they feel like they were done in a minute or two with the soul purpose being just getting that 10/10 out there for some of these shows. It's a useless site feature really much like the exploitable ranking system.

Absolutely correct. I have nothing against the reviewers, who are not sure about their English; however, you know what is funny, Kaioshin? When I see Americans, Canadians, Britons, and other people who actually speak English, and their “masterpieces”, man, this is the problem. I mean, they speak English, they are able to communicate their ideas, yet they are unable to write readable stuff. I, honestly, don’t know how to explain it. Is it laziness, or what? (I hope it is laziness.)

But I still hope that with the new recruitment of review/recommendation moderators the situation will change. We have enough forum moderators, news moderators, anime/manga moderators, we even have social networks moderators now, but there still is one team that is understaffed, the review/recommendation moderators team.

So to make a long story short, I still have faith in that website, and I hope that Kineta will hire people who will have a desire to change the situation.
NashetaniaFeb 2, 2016 4:54 AM
Jan 30, 2016 2:56 AM

Nov 2014
Im loving this anime but calm down untill its finished please
Jan 30, 2016 2:58 AM

Jun 2013
And you care because? Pointless thread, also I never understood people who review something that's not concluded.
Jan 30, 2016 3:01 AM

May 2014
Whether it is the best anime ever or not is entirely subjective, let them vote whatever they want. Once the series is finished there will be a lot more rating and reviewing the series as a whole and a lot will edit their reviews so this shouldn't be an issue if you're worried that it will be wrongly popular.
Jan 30, 2016 3:10 AM

Aug 2011
Dimethylanime said:

But people do give Ginatama a 9+ score, even though it's never going to end, and that's considered a normal thing.

To OP: Can people stop making threads like this?
Jan 30, 2016 4:26 AM
Jun 2013
I wouldn't consider it annoying. I perceive positivity, happiness and satisfaction. You got to admit, this series is pretty enjoyable, knocks many things we see before, it'd be a "crime" not to praise it highly
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1415 by slayer70 »»
Sep 18, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1114 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 14, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

905 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 14, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

504 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 14, 10:18 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2016

586 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 14, 9:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.