Forum Settings
Forums

New Sunrise Series 'Mobile Suit Gundam: Tekketsu no Orphans' to Premiere for Fall 2015

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 15, 2015 6:54 PM

Jun 2013
RX-782 said:
lord23 said:
wait you mean the first Fate Stay Night anime the animation in that one sucked and Aquarion Evol second off is garbage but gundam is known for its romance and drama I know because a character in build fighters never shut up about that
You might be confusing Gundam with Macross but Gundam has NEVER done romance well at all nor has there been a series revolving around romance, Gundam was more known about the unique ideas involving war which I won't go to much detail here since it's spoiler.

Mecasonic said:
Btw, I believe the name Iron-Blooded/Tekketsu/鉄血 in the title is likely a reference to the Iron and Blood Volunteer Units/Tekketsu Kinnoutai/鉄血勤皇隊, a corps composed of 14-17-years-old boys who fought in the Battle of Okinawa during WWII.
This is actually very interesting.

Gundam romance isn't really "romance", but the times it has dabbled in romantic themes it generally turns out OK. 08th MS team and Unicorn come to mind. When people think of Gundam romance they think of SEED, and yes that romance was beyond cringeworthy but overall I think Gundam has done romance pretty well.

As long as romance stays a small side plot, then I'm OK with it, but something tells me that romance is going to take center stage in this upcoming Gundam (they pretty much flat out said so during the presentation). That worries me, because it's pretty much guaranteed to be more SEED type romance than 08th MS team romance, given the writers' trackrecords.
Jul 15, 2015 7:00 PM

Sep 2011
Gundam romances have a bad track record but i liked G's X's and 1 romance in turn-A

I also didnt dislike heero and releena it just didnt have the proper development for me to like it.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 15, 2015 7:04 PM

Jun 2013
NotJizzyHitler said:
Gundam romances have a bad track record but i liked G's X's and 1 romance in turn-A

I also didnt dislike heero and releena it just didnt have the proper development for me to like it.

I don't really consider most of that romance though, for instance sure it is implied that Heero and Relena like eachother, but when I think romance I think more like 08th MS team, G Gundam, and SEED where it's more explicit. And the only one of those that I would say was "bad" would be SEED.
Jul 15, 2015 7:06 PM

Sep 2011
ex_necross said:
NotJizzyHitler said:

I don't really consider most of that romance though, for instance sure it is implied that Heero and Relena like eachother, but when I think romance I think more like 08th MS team, G Gundam, and SEED where it's more explicit. And the only one of those that I would say was "bad" would be SEED.
Well the other 3 were really explicit, hell for X it was a majority of the show and G's romance droves both the lead's character development, turn-A's was more sublte and more for the plot but it was still a proper romance and a good one at that

and yeah heero and releena was just hints, thats why i said it lacked development, its obvious they are love interests it just didnt have the follow through.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 15, 2015 7:11 PM

Jun 2013
NotJizzyHitler said:
ex_necross said:

Well the other 3 were really explicit, hell for X it was a majority of the show and G's romance droves both the lead's character development, turn-A's was more sublte and more for the plot but it was still a proper romance and a good one at that

and yeah heero and releena was just hints, thats why i said it lacked development, its obvious they are love interests it just didnt have the follow through.

X is the only Gundam I've not seen so I can't vouch for that, but yeah I definitely don't remember much romance in Turn A, or really any other Gundams besides the ones I listed. Anyway what I was saying was that I prefer the romance to keep on the down-low, and somehow I doubt that's going to happen with Tekketsu. Then again I think a lot of people share that fear.

To quote the presentation: "females are introduced throughout the show that fall in love with the MC". They didn't give many details about the show, but they felt the need to bring up romance.
ex_necrossJul 15, 2015 7:15 PM
Jul 15, 2015 7:29 PM

Sep 2011
I might be missing something... Why do people not like the Okada girl?

FireEmblemIke24 said:
need to start gundam sooner or later

Me too. FInally got on with it with Berserk. The Gundam Origin looks AMAZING. But Not gonna watch it without any context.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jul 15, 2015 7:30 PM

Aug 2014
Fate/stay night the garbage one
Jul 15, 2015 7:30 PM

Jun 2013
GodlyKyon said:

Her track record with mecha series is pure shit.
Jul 15, 2015 8:03 PM
Dec 2014
ex_necross said:
NotJizzyHitler said:

X is the only Gundam I've not seen so I can't vouch for that, but yeah I definitely don't remember much romance in Turn A, or really any other Gundams besides the ones I listed. Anyway what I was saying was that I prefer the romance to keep on the down-low, and somehow I doubt that's going to happen with Tekketsu. Then again I think a lot of people share that fear.

To quote the presentation: "females are introduced throughout the show that fall in love with the MC". They didn't give many details about the show, but they felt the need to bring up romance.

actually there are two other romances your forgetting that Zate and the original and Zate was the one that started trend that modern gundam have now

one romance with Kamille in particular
Jul 15, 2015 8:23 PM

Jan 2014
ex_necross said:
GodlyKyon said:

Screwing up one attempt at a genre isnt what most people would call a track record.
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Jul 15, 2015 8:29 PM

Jun 2013
ThrashMatto said:
ex_necross said:

Screwing up one attempt at a genre isnt what most people would call a track record.

I don't want to get into it again, but she's attributed to messing up Aquarion EVOL, and the shitshow that was M3. She's also attributed to wrecking other shows, and in general her work is "hit and miss" at best. The problem is that her "hits" have been things that are everything Gundam is not. She's just not a good match.
Jul 15, 2015 8:29 PM
Dec 2010
ThrashMatto said:
ex_necross said:

3 attempts. She screwed up Aquarion Evol and M3. Plus that DT Eightron although it's a long time ago. Also she messed up Fractale so her record for Sci-Fi is pretty dreadful.

Also let's not forget Nagai made that crap known as iDOLM@STER Xenoglossia.
Jul 15, 2015 8:50 PM

Sep 2011
scytheavatar said:
ThrashMatto said:

3 attempts. She screwed up Aquarion Evol and M3. Plus that DT Eightron although it's a long time ago. Also she messed up Fractale so her record for Sci-Fi is pretty dreadful.

To be fair, how much better could xenoglassia possibly be with that premise and franchise attached to it.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jul 15, 2015 10:30 PM

Sep 2012
New Timeline

Jul 15, 2015 11:47 PM
Dec 2014
I just came to realize something this kid is probably the third youngest pilot in the Gundam series his probably 10 or 12 at most he looks nothing like a teen which means he lost his parents at the age of 3
Jul 16, 2015 12:20 AM
Apr 2015
Gundam design used to be awesome and unique, well, this design looks unique too but for me it is not gundam, just another mecha anime
Jul 16, 2015 2:13 AM

Oct 2009
PV looks great! Not too keen on the new Gundam though, still much better than the G-Reco. Also no CGI mechs!! YES!

But that's one weird staff for a Gundam..
Jul 16, 2015 2:47 AM

Jul 2013
Looks good, I will see how it goes
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2015 7:50 AM

Sep 2011
lord23 said:
I just came to realize something this kid is probably the third youngest pilot in the Gundam series his probably 10 or 12 at most he looks nothing like a teen which means he lost his parents at the age of 3
I actually didnt take that into account, if im not mistaken uso should be the current youngest gundam protagonist and i think he was 13.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jul 16, 2015 11:13 AM

Oct 2007
scytheavatar said:
ThrashMatto said:

The main reason people even hate on Xenoglossia is because it's not a straight port of the game. The actual technicals of the show in terms of direction and production values are fine, it's the concept people just freak over to this day though nobody is ever specific about that which is kind of annoying. When people are just absolutely raging over the show to other people I hope they consider clips like this, or this and ask themselves if they really think the director did an abominable job and the show is just a complete low budget poorly directed example of mecha animation. Really wish i could find an actual fight scene, but this show convinces me the guy can do action just fine.

Anyway I wish people would just stop ranting about the "common knowledge" that Xenoglossia is a crap show on it's own merits rather than not the adaptation the idol show they were looking for.

edit: Ah here's more of a mix of action and non-action clips.
PeacingOutJul 16, 2015 11:17 AM
Jul 16, 2015 11:35 AM

Nov 2008
Okada was the least of M3's issues, and Aquarion just isn't a good series.

Jul 16, 2015 11:41 AM

Jun 2013
I was wondering how long it'd take for the O/NDF to show up.
Jul 16, 2015 12:03 PM

Jul 2013
If AnoHana was a poor man's Cross Game, will this be a poor man's Touch or H2
Jul 16, 2015 1:58 PM

Oct 2013
well, Nagai as director isn't such a bad choice. he's got a lot of talent, but Okada is worrying me. hopefully Nagai restrains her habits for bad melodrama. really liking the ms designs though, the character designs not so much.
Jul 16, 2015 2:16 PM
Oct 2010
Hoppy said:

The fuck? She wrote the script which was the biggest issue with the show.
Jul 16, 2015 8:43 PM

Jun 2014
The premise looks really interesting, the designs looks like a fusion of 00 and AGE. Then again the only Gundam series i have watched are 00, SEED, Wings,Unicorn and liked 00 the most. It seem we might get a mature themed Gundam series after 00.

What worries me is that Nagai and Okada don't have much experience with mecha anime along with the bad reputation of Okada due to EVOL(shit series anyway). As long as the romance is done right and feels realistic there is no problem. But Gundam was never about romance but the clashing of ideals,politics and mainly war so lets see what they can deliver. Also glad that hand drawn mechs are back as the cg in aldnoah zero and recent other mecha anime was really terrible. Hope that it won't be a disappointment like A.Z and G-Reck ;)
Jul 17, 2015 3:09 AM
Aug 2012
Hoppy said:

You really should make a better excuse....

Jul 18, 2015 9:08 PM

Feb 2013
Brobot said:
well, Nagai as director isn't such a bad choice. he's got a lot of talent, but Okada is worrying me. hopefully Nagai restrains her habits for bad melodrama. really liking the ms designs though, the character designs not so much.

Yeah the staff has me iffy too again I hope they can pull it off. We'll wait and see. The only problem with the character designs really is that feel same-y to me. Like any other run of the mill mecha series. They don't put me off but at least G-Reco stood out among the many show that were out combined with the overall iffy mecha design.
Jul 19, 2015 12:33 AM

Jan 2014
Hoppy said:

Seconded, I dont see what anyone was expecting from Aquarion Evol
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Jul 19, 2015 9:40 AM

Jun 2014
GOD I LOVE GUNDAM. I can't wait to watch this. From the trailer it looks a lot like Gundam Unicorn and Gundam 00, which are my faves from this franchise. Really looking forwart to this.
Jul 19, 2015 3:00 PM

Sep 2011
Ok after cooling off way more, im gonna be less pessimistic about this even with mari okada on deck, in the end its the director that really makes the series what it is and im legitimately curious as to how this one does

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Aug 24, 2015 2:12 AM
Oct 2012
looks like shit needs more B( . Y . )BS
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Voice Actor Takeo Ootsuka Announces Marriage

Hyperion_PS - May 31

13 by 210200 »»
3 hours ago

» 'Mayonaka Punch' Reveals Additional Cast, Staff, Second Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by RobertBobert »»
9 hours ago

» Q2 2024 Anime & Manga Licenses [Update 5/31]

Snow - Apr 5

3 by Snow »»
12 hours ago

» 'Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita.' Unveils Main Cast, Staff, First Promo for 2024 Premiere

Hyperion_PS - May 2, 2023

6 by oazuz »»
Yesterday, 12:41 PM

» 'Kinnikuman: Kanpeki Chоujin Shiso-hen' Unveils Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 28

5 by DafuqBOOM »»
Yesterday, 10:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.