Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 20, 2013 4:11 PM

Jul 2012
i think you should ask about REVERSE harems. Eat them up yum!
Jul 20, 2013 10:07 PM

Jan 2010
I like them if there is actually a story or the main dude is worth all the attention he gets...and about reverse harem, I get annoyed at the first five minutes, the guys are usually too perfect, too clingy, just meh.
Mar 21, 2014 12:25 AM

Apr 2013
I don't really like them... I hate love triangles, harems and reverse harems. Anything with multiple love interests for one person starts annoying me <___<

I don't mind reverse harems as much as harems but they still piss me off!!! ;___;

I mean, why? Just why do all these girls like a guy who is a total wuss and so bland and boring!!?!?? I just do not understand these girls!!
Those kind of male leads just piss me of so much!!! WHY!?? WHY DO THEY HAVE TO FALL IN LOVE WITH SUCH A PATHETIC GUY!??

If the guy was actually at least a bit cool then I could maybe stand it but he is usually just so pathetic and annoying that I start just hating him <___<

I don't mind some harems though... Clannad is a harem but its great!!! The male lead is actually not a wuss or super pathetic. He is a decently cool guy. I can actually understand at least a little bit why the girls like him...

I guess I don't like harems because I can never see myself liking or even tolerating the male lead...

I also hate love triangles or reverse harems because I start hating the other love interest(s) almost immediately even if the guy(s) is/are really nice I still hate him/them because the other guy was there first or because some stupid shite like that...
Mar 21, 2014 1:06 AM

Aug 2013
I don't really like it. But I still watch it.

Well you watch a harem anime for the girls/guys anyway and never for the MC. So shifting your attention away from the MC (if you're skillful, you can just imagine him as a sack of potatoes!) really helps. Though to this day, I have never gone past episode 1 of IS. I just can't...
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 21, 2014 1:10 AM
Jan 2014
I don't like them when the main guy is nothing to go home about, especially if he's perverted and lust over every girl. It's a good harem when the MC is level headed and has his target girl already but keep it on the down low until the end. Basically I like harem when the MC has a good reason for the girls to like him so much and the guy does not show an interest in all the girls. For example: tokidoki memorial or true tears.
Usually i avoid them like a plague, or just as far as reading the description...
KillerBee721Mar 21, 2014 1:15 AM
Mar 21, 2014 1:19 AM

Apr 2012
I think the only harem i genuinely enjoyed was the World Only God Knows :c
Infinite Stratos was just beyond awful.

Mar 21, 2014 1:20 AM
Jan 2014
Zeally said:
I think the only harem i genuinely enjoyed was the World Only God Knows :c

Ah! Yes I forgot about that one!! Now that's a worthy MC of a harem.
Mar 21, 2014 5:36 AM

Nov 2012
Boobs.
Mar 21, 2014 9:58 AM

Nov 2013
My enjoyment of harem animes depend mainly on the protagonist nowadays.
Mar 21, 2014 11:00 AM

Feb 2014
I dont really like harems... like most of you here.
Mar 21, 2014 2:15 PM

Apr 2011
I value harem anime in high regards. It doesn't mean I like all/most of them.

Harem with very strict first girl rules => into the trash bin
Harem with MC looks like about to be skinned alive whenever fanservice or a girl trying to seduce him without a proper reason (just saying 'dangerous' without context) => trash bin
2nd heroine is a Childhood friend => TRASHED!! HARD!! +AUTHOR BLACKLISTED!
Overly passive protagonist => trash bin
Dense as rock => yeah trash.
Melodramatic => -_-
Indecisive MC-kun => 1+1=horse

Active protagonist (even if he is being forced to) => +1
Protagonist's heart is as big as ocean => +1
Balanced harem/triangle => +1
'Awesome' protagonist => +1
If there is atsundere, has a valid reason for being angry => +1
They don't fight against each other to get the MC-kun => +1
Proper relationship building without relying on romcom moments +5
Momo Deviluke => +10
Katsuragi Keima => +10
Harem ending (not open ending) => +100

But the most important of all is where it headed to. Were it supposed to be fanservice-based, romcom, slap-stick, or else? It shouldn't halfheartedly done.
Mar 21, 2014 2:19 PM

Mar 2014
As a girl, I can generally tolerate and come to enjoy most harem anime. I always tend to root for one or two girls and get annoyed by the rest but it doesn't bother my enjoyment unless the girls are brainless twats. Ecchi doesn't bother me in the slightest except for girls with overly massive boobs but that's just a personal preference. *shrug*

It just bothers me in general though how so many seemingly attractive females always fall for Normal-kun :p
Mar 21, 2014 3:09 PM

Jan 2013
I actually like some of them ...
Mar 21, 2014 3:34 PM

Feb 2013
l dont really like it...the only harem anime l've watched is School Days and the ending was worth it

Mar 21, 2014 3:47 PM

Aug 2012
allflying said:

Harem with MC looks like about to be skinned alive whenever fanservice or a girl trying to seduce him without a proper reason (just saying 'dangerous' without context) => trash bin
Melodramatic => -_-

Momo Deviluke => +10
Katsuragi Keima => +10

But the most important of all is where it headed to. Were it supposed to be fanservice-based, romcom, slap-stick, or else? It shouldn't halfheartedly done.
This guy. This guy knows what he's talking about.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Mar 21, 2014 6:24 PM

Apr 2008
It really depends on characters and stories.

For a Harem, a decent MC is a must. Tomoya of Clannad is the example of an ideal main guy.

The Yandere, Tsundere MUST be toned down. I tried to watch Nisekoi... the blond grated on my nerves instantly. I had REALLY wanted to like the anime but I just couldn't take her, there wasn't anything likeable about her at all.

I'm just as critical though with Reverse Harem. The Main girl in those can ruin an anime very very quickly. Amnesia and Brother's Conflict was a good example of this. Amnesia had the saving grace of males that I was actually interested in, Brother's conflict..not so much. Ouran is a good example of a good female, she had character and wasn't a doormat...
Mar 21, 2014 6:30 PM

Jul 2012
Harems aren't really my preferred genre, but I can watch one. If you pull me into other male-targeted stuff like moe and yuri, I'd be kind of grossed out. Reverse harem are usually as bad as harems but I enjoy reverse harems more because of the cast.
Mar 21, 2014 6:49 PM

Feb 2014
kisschuu said:
It just bothers me in general though how so many seemingly attractive females always fall for Normal-kun :p
Haha! It's so true. XD

mayukachan said:
Harems aren't really my preferred genre, but I can watch one. If you pull me into other male-targeted stuff like moe and yuri, I'd be kind of grossed out.
Wha? But... I thought moe was just cute girls being cute and doing cute things. It's like, my dream to live that way.

Harems and reverse harems are not my favorite since I'm not one for competitiveness. I always feel like some character(s) get cheated in the end. For example, in Clannad:

*^^* Click to hug Mami! -->

Snarky memes & witty GIFs for All!
Stolen from PDot19, with credit to Ntad

Apr 4, 2014 2:32 AM

Oct 2013
The World God Only Knows = Best Harem Ever

Harem w/ actual substance....

End of Discussion..... period
Life is a song - sing it.
Life is a game - play it.
Life is a challenge - meet it.
Life is a dream - realize it.
Life is a sacrifice - offer it.
Life is love - enjoy it.
Apr 4, 2014 2:51 AM

Jul 2012
I only like reserve harem
הלב שלי כבר מת
Apr 4, 2014 2:58 AM

Jan 2013
Casval said:

Well that was very reversed of you.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Apr 4, 2014 3:00 AM

Jul 2012
skyzblue said:
Casval said:

Go and watch Blue Flames
הלב שלי כבר מת
Apr 4, 2014 3:05 AM

Jan 2013
Casval said:
skyzblue said:
Casval said:

Go and watch Blue Flames

Yeshh, mehh lord...
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Apr 4, 2014 3:07 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
gamer2710 said:
allflying said:

Melodramatic => -_-

Momo Deviluke => +10
Katsuragi Keima => +10

This guy. This guy knows what he's talking about.
Must admit that was indeed an excellent summary.
Apr 4, 2014 3:07 AM

Jul 2012
skyzblue said:
Casval said:
skyzblue said:
Casval said:

Go and watch Blue Flames

Yeshh, mehh lord...

*Your Highness
הלב שלי כבר מת
Apr 4, 2014 3:10 AM

Jan 2013
Casval said:
skyzblue said:
Casval said:
skyzblue said:
Casval said:

Go and watch Blue Flames

Yeshh, mehh lord...

*Your Highness

<.<
>.>
Gotcha..
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Apr 4, 2014 7:41 AM
Mar 2014
IZUMI64 said:
the funny thing about reverse harem is, fans/fujoshi tend to support yaoi couple than support actual main girl with a boy from boys group...

So true.
People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts... Their "reality" may all be an illusion. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?
- Uchiha Itachi
Apr 6, 2014 8:19 PM

Apr 2014
As someone mentioned, I can't stand harem anime because of the ecchi scenes. I also can't bring myself to continue watching an anime with a main character that can't fend for himself. Doormat MC = instant drop.

I don't enjoy reverse harems like I used to. They're great if you're looking for eye candy, but that's basically it. I dislike indecisive endings where the MC doesn't end up with anyone.
Apr 6, 2014 8:24 PM
Jul 2018

MC's are shit and their decisions are shit.

Just smash that shit already. All of them.
Apr 6, 2014 8:26 PM

Apr 2012
depapepe112 said:
As a guy, I think reverse harem is okay as long as its not exaggerated to a terrible state.
IZUMI64 said:
the funny thing about reverse harem is, fans/fujoshi tend to support yaoi couple than supporting the actual main girl with a boy from boys group...
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Apr 6, 2014 8:28 PM

Feb 2014
Not a girl, but harems in general are just a bore. Reverse or 'regular' ones. Still..I sometimes watch it.
TisumiiApr 6, 2014 9:15 PM
Apr 6, 2014 8:55 PM

Jul 2012
What is Blue Flames even about? I want to watch it now just to see why it gets a 5 and 3 on the front page. LOL

Common_Sensei said:
Wha? But... I thought moe was just cute girls being cute and doing cute things. It's like, my dream to live that way.

Gets boring for me. It's like asking a guy to enjoy "male moe" like Meganebu! or Utapri (which most would not)
Apr 6, 2014 9:03 PM
Jun 2013
Usually harems stem from a lone male character, whose personality seems to attract women like.... wow. All in all they are dumb just because most of them are the same. Like to the point where I can predict the entire story line after some episodes lol
Apr 6, 2014 9:05 PM
Jun 2013
Yugdudeioh said:
Usually harems stem from a lone male character, whose personality seems to attract women like.... wow. All in all they are dumb just because most of them are the same. Like to the point where I can predict the entire story line after some episodes lol
not a girl btw i didnt see that at first
Apr 6, 2014 9:12 PM

Mar 2014
i don't really like harem or reverse harem, most of the time. i hate it when some pathetic guy or a completely normal guy with really nothing special has sexy, beautiful, and cute girls all crazy for him for no reason.. same goes for reverse harem, and then they'd all start living in the same house or something like that.

Although i don't really mind if a girl or a guy is surrounded by the opposite sex in their anime, as long as only one or two people has a thing for the character. i don't know, i just think that having all the characters fall in love with the same person is stupid. that's just what i think.
“Almost all Japanese animation is produced with hardly any basis taken from observing real people, you know.” - Hayao Miyazaki
Apr 6, 2014 9:22 PM

Sep 2011
Hate Harem as well as Reverse Harem.
Apr 6, 2014 10:44 PM

Jul 2013
They get extremely jealous just as much as males do.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2014 6:45 PM

Dec 2010
i use to like harem but not anymore.the stupid mc never picks the girl i like.yes shuffle im talking about you. what makes me so mad is when a show could be good without the harem like index and strike the blood the show will be good as it is but then all the girls have to fall in love with a dense mc why?and lets not get started on reverse harem the main girl is like a cardboard box she is just there to say one worded sentences if it was not for the hot, i mean really hot guys i would not even bother watching. it would be nice to see a really good harem where the mc isnt dense his male friend is a real friend not some perverted asshole and girls fall in love over a reason other than he was kind to me.
Jun 4, 2014 7:49 PM

Sep 2013
Some of the harem shows are enjoyable, but if I like them, I usually like them for reasons other than the harem concept. Some of them feature good comedy or good mindless fun. I find the concept stupid, but a stupid concept doesn't necessarily result in a bad show.

The fan service often associated with harem shows sometimes gets on my nerves. I don't mind panty flashes, nude scenes, or other similar situations if they fit the characters and work within the context of the show, but when they feel like they were added for no other reason than to appeal to the baser instincts of certain fans, then they just don't work very well. Rosario+Vampire is the example of excessive unnecessary fan service that I like to cite; an otherwise fun show is significantly marred by this distraction.

I love shows that subvert the harem concept in some way; parodies and deconstructions can be very good. I would love to see more programs that bring out the dark side of the harem; School Days is a nicely twisted subversion of the genre.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Jun 5, 2014 3:20 PM

Aug 2013
I don't mind harems (Regular or Reverse). They are a guilty pleasure for me. I know that they are usually not the best shows in terms of plot, but they are fun to watch.

The panty and boobs shots don't bother me at all.
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
Jun 5, 2014 3:36 PM

Apr 2012
ハーレム王に俺はなる!

I will become the harem king!
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jun 5, 2014 4:01 PM

Oct 2012
It makes me lose respect for the MC of both harem and reverse harem. I'm a girl but I hate it even more when the MC is a girl.
Jun 5, 2014 4:11 PM

Mar 2014
their cute and funny
Jun 5, 2014 7:41 PM

Jul 2013
I'm not a girl but I think most harem MCs are a bunch of faggots.
Jun 19, 2015 6:49 PM
Mar 2015
The main girls are typically beautiful/cute, and basically can chose literally ANYONE besides the boring, typical, very plain guy. It's really annoying!!
Jun 19, 2015 7:13 PM

Mar 2014
They all suck. The MC's suck and the plot sucks

The females suck as well. "this guy saved me or this guy was nice to me so I'll whore myself over this dudes manhood while having a one track mind for his penis for 13(or how many) episodes"

Thats all the females are reduced to just eye candy women wanting penis. There's not one harem I've seen where the females actually do something or have a character arc themselves to make them decent characters

Scratch that: Tenchi(boss) Tomoya Keima and Akuto Sai are the only decent harem MC's that feel like characters. There are cliches there but they are interesting or have some character grow. And don't take shit
Jun 19, 2015 7:18 PM

Sep 2014
Harems are horrible in general.
As are reverse harems; Diabolik lovers and Amnesia are shit af.
The sun is a deadly laser
Jun 20, 2015 1:46 AM

Feb 2015
i don't mind about harem. But big no for a MC with lots of heroine (more than 5)
Unsigned signature-
Jun 20, 2015 2:03 AM
Jul 2018
Harem is a gift from heaven, why should I deny it?
Jun 20, 2015 2:35 AM

May 2015
I'm a guy and I really want to check out some reverse harem's. I'm really curious to see what it's like when it caters to females.

Harems are fun if the characters are unique/quirky enough, and they don't overdo it. Sadly, most are content with a dull male lead. It's so frustrating. Guys are people, too. Give us personality. I want to see what it's like when you're placed in the situation. Most male MC's are just plot-movers.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Looks like mecha anime's are dead. RIP, giant robots. ( 1 2 3 )

Gashadokur0 - Yesterday

112 by Valyrian1124 »»
44 seconds ago

» What is the BEST anime? ( 1 2 )

doctor - Yesterday

50 by BeastyAnimefan »»
10 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9162 by anime-prime »»
57 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7252 by Akua »»
1 hour ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

1049 by 84DaysWithout »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.