Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Apr 16, 2011 1:42 PM

Apr 2009
BloodReign71 said:
Also, I couldn't help but laugh at the fact that there is a school that REQUIRES guns and knives, such delightful irony

I actually liked that. It made more sense when they explained that it's somewhat militaristic, but my first thought was that enforced arms could lead to some unique school situations.

Personally, I don't really know what to think of this anime. It has the potential to be incredibly badass, but the tsundere moments kind of ruin that until it gets badass again. I don't care so much for the characters, but at least they explained the hero syndrome this time, and the main character knows he's being an idiot during it. The gunfights are going to be the thing to watch during this.

My two cents about the "haters" discussion in this thread is that the criticisms are much better explained than some others I've seen. People will often just say "dropped" or imply that one single aspect ruined an entire show for them. Since it's the first episode, I assume that they wanted to see what this show is like - therefore, let them give their criticism. I usually associate voices with characters though, not voice actors, so I don't entirely "get" why Rie is getting so much hate for doing what she was hired to do.
Apr 16, 2011 2:46 PM

Jan 2011
Aversa said:
First thing that has to be said is the manga started of better but all in all a pretty good episode.
There where some differences towards the manga but allot was pretty much the same which actually makes me very excited since i enjoyed reading the manga only got to chapter 11 tho.
The class scene was very nice Riko making it worse with her imagination was also nice she is one of the coolest characters in this Anime.

Aria comes over allot more like a tsundere compared to the manga maybe because of Kugemiya Rie being the seiyu which is not to bad to be honest.
I was i bit surprised at Kugemiya Rie being her seiyu tho.
Still Aria is a very lovable character and her lethal personality makes her even more interesting.

Kinji is interesting because of his hysteria mode the duel personality makes for a very nice character plus when he is in that mode his personality becomes very funny.
He should complain a bit less in his normal mode tho i mean he was in a girls chest and still complaining, someone who is in paradise should not complain.

Does the manga follow the light novel pretty faithfully? Because the show followed the book for the most part, and if it does this season will cover the first 2 out of 9 books so far..and it gets a LOT better.
Apr 16, 2011 3:53 PM

Nov 2008
Although its more of the same, it was still entertaining which should be all that I'm expecting to get from this seres. At least they have guns, and the guy has an interesting other self. LOL
Apr 16, 2011 4:19 PM

Jan 2010
How come she drew a pair of katanas from her back?

Knil said:
[x] Short
[x] Tsundere
[x] Flat chest
[x] Making the male protagonist their dog/slave
[x] Kugimiya Rie

Wait.. I've seen this before...

This is what you've always seen.
Apr 16, 2011 4:49 PM

Nov 2009
The haters who are mocking the story should read the manga (or novels) and give a more honest opinion. They did a great job adapting it. It is almost word-for-word adapted.

I have only read the first 11 chapters of the manga and I hope there will be coming more seasons because I can't believe they can fit the whole story in only 12 episodes.
When I was reading it I heard Kugimiya Rie in my head saying Aria's lines. So I think she IS the most fitted person for it. And I don't dislike that.
And yes, it does resemble Toradora (which is one of favorite series).

However, I had to high hopes for the anime so I am a little disappointed. That is just my own fault, since I was waiting so long for the anime-version I was maybe expecting to much. Don't really like the OP (I think the song doesn't really fit). The fanservice is not to bad (though I don't like to much skirt-shots). The visuals are here and there to flat and not advanced/natural enough. But overall it is nicely done.
I'll stay with the anime (but like to read the whole story before watching it entirely)
Apr 16, 2011 4:55 PM

Jan 2009
... First of all, Hidan no Aria started as a LIGHT NOVEL... not as a manga :D I just wanted to clarify that. The original story is from the LN!

Maybe it's been a while since I've read the manga/LN but I don't remember Aria being so... Louise? Well... Rie doesn't play the role as often as people make it seen... out of her what seems endless number of VA parts, after looking through the list she has only done tsundere 6-7 times and to be HONEST I'm pretty sure the people who say that she has over done the role only know her as Nagi, Shana Taiga, and Louise... And honestly I don't even consider Nagi or Taiga Tsundere... I'm also surprised after looking through Rie's VA page that I've watched over 95% of all the stuff she was in O_O. I'm watching way to much anime... Well maybe Agnese (if TAMNI2 is considered popular). I guess her voice was so memorable from Shana, Taiga, and Louise that it feels like all she ever plays are tsundere, which isn't true.

I came in expecting a serious show... lol. It definitely wasn't what I expected it would be. I don't even know my own opinion in the show. I dislike it because of the different feel it has from the adaptions... I like it because of the different feel it has compared to the adaption. Because I like the HNA series and like Aria's original character. Meh, I'm not going to lie... I always had a soft spot for these (tsundere) types of characters... yes I'm disgusting :( Tone=/=Story... the anime story is pretty much the same as it's adaptions. Maybe It's just been so long that my image of Aria has become distorted.
Apr 16, 2011 5:04 PM

Sep 2009
I don't know what to say. :U I haven't gotten anywhere in Toradora but the ending of this episode definitely reminded me of it. orz

That hysteria mode was kinda funny though. :U I hope for less tsun moments in the future. They annoy me all the time. /hobo
Apr 16, 2011 5:54 PM

Mar 2009
meh
Apr 16, 2011 6:10 PM
Apr 2010
FFFFFFF

Their High School self-defense policy was my dream when I was in highschool!!
I always wanted to go to school in a bullet-proof uniform and dual beretta's
Apr 16, 2011 6:15 PM

Jan 2009
Hahah
Nice action ^^
Apr 16, 2011 7:30 PM

Jul 2010
-Arthur said:
I hate it when almost always the childhood friend is of much better personality/body and the main protagonist still chooses the random new girl in his life in the end, how it will probably end here also if there will be any romance or smth of that like

Japanese writers has a problem. Childhood friend always getting friendzoned. even in anime like amagami ss.
Apr 16, 2011 7:37 PM

Dec 2010
bitsimman said:
The haters who are mocking the story should read the manga (or novels) and give a more honest opinion.

I'd rather I weren't dictated, thanks. People who dismiss the legitimate claims of averageness/ genericness as hating probably don't want to ask the awkward question as to why they watch anime. Sure, everyone here watches it to be entertained, but variety is what makes it entertaining. It is just ridiculous how generic this is though...if it were a first-time thing, it wouldn't be getting so much criticism. What's wrong with trying new things?
Apr 16, 2011 9:09 PM

Aug 2008
One word: Cliche.
Another shit from J.C Staff...

"Kinji be my slave"

Ok. dropped.
Apr 17, 2011 1:19 AM

Apr 2010
Asteradragon said:
Aversa said:

Does the manga follow the light novel pretty faithfully? Because the show followed the book for the most part, and if it does this season will cover the first 2 out of 9 books so far..and it gets a LOT better.
I am not sure since i didn't read the light novel but like i said there are small differences compared to the Anime so i assume it does.
And from what i have seen from the manga i agree with you that this anime will get allot better and has allot of potential.
Apr 17, 2011 4:38 AM
Jul 2018
thyyg said:
One word: Cliche.
Another shit from J.C Staff...

"Kinji be my slave"

Ok. dropped.

lol cool see ya
Apr 17, 2011 4:45 AM

Oct 2008
restore said:

lol cool see ya

lol cool have fun repeatedly beating yourself over the head with your own head
Apr 17, 2011 6:15 AM

Sep 2010
Holy shit..... Didn't have any expectations from this..... (cuz I didn't like Toradora.... :P)...... But this is actually good.... Male protagonist is not shit like Toradora....... :D.....
Apr 17, 2011 7:11 AM

Oct 2007
The first she did in her first impression was to rape my speakers I can hear them swearing at me so I have to turn the volume down.

Rei please stay away from any Loli-Tsundere character because every time you touch it all I can see is Shana right in front of my face.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 17, 2011 7:29 AM

May 2009
Honestly saying I haven't watch the anime but I'm gonna watch it right after I post this.... Anyway, TORADORA IS BBBBBBAAAAAAACCCCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!! I mean... anything with Kugimiya Rie and Majima Junji as the heroin and hero respectively is going to be GREAT!!! Just hope that its gonna be fun to watch since it seems like TORADORA but with supernatural powers and guns! LOL!
Apr 17, 2011 7:35 AM

May 2009
The only good thing about this show seems to be Kinji and his inappropriately-named 'hysteria mode', where he turns sickeningly suave and not at all hysteric.

Oh, and the bishie of a lecturer seems to have an awesome sense of humour.
Apr 17, 2011 7:47 AM

Feb 2008
a school where students are trained to be mercenaries... and they're REQUIRED to be armed inside the school? yeah, fucking cool, but seems a bit scary...

anyway,

female protagonist - annoying
male protagonist - cool!

Kugimiya Rie did some terrible voice acting in this one, imo...

well, gonna hold on with this series for now... but 1st ep scores 6/10 for me...
Apr 17, 2011 9:53 AM
Jul 2009
Seeing as I went into this show with minimal expectations I was actually pleasantly surprised, despite how cliché it was. But the whole time I was thinking of Taiga, especially at the end. The guy doesn't actually remind me much of Ryuuji.
Can't help but comment on how cliché the class was in particular, complete with a large-breasted, soft spoken megane-sensei, pervy best friend and resident tsundere.
Doesn't bother me a hell of a lot though, this still looks enjoyable. Nice OP & ED, also. I'll be following this for now.
Apr 17, 2011 4:11 PM

Jul 2009
Knew it was Aikawa (the animation looks like it as well? Or well the eyes lol) To be honest I really don't think Aria's voice fits her character. A little too childish and squealy for me (even if she DOES look like a middle schooler), I was expecting her to have a "cooler" voice, if that even makes sense
As for the show, lol random bomb. Lol @ his genetic god mode thing O_O Although I have to say the action was pretty cool. Except seriously, Aria being in his class, crashing at his place then being all "slave please" is so -_-" Plus she was kind of OTL when she kept trying to fight him ...
At least he KNOWS he's embarrassing when he's in his god mode. I like his childhood friend (more that Aria at the moment at least) and the classmate is :3 Hope their roles get bigger as well :3
Would be amazed if they don't end up together, but *snort*
OP and ED were all right, but not to my immense liking (thought they do fit well, I suppose? Animation kind of looks the same lol)
Apr 17, 2011 7:50 PM

Sep 2010
Knil said:
[x] Short
[x] Tsundere
[x] Flat chest
[x] Making the male protagonist their dog/slave
[x] Kugimiya Rie

Wait.. I've seen this before...

QFT
Apr 17, 2011 8:02 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
JohnyBeGood said:
... First of all, Hidan no Aria started as a LIGHT NOVEL... not as a manga :D I just wanted to clarify that. The original story is from the LN!

Maybe it's been a while since I've read the manga/LN but I don't remember Aria being so... Louise? Well... Rie doesn't play the role as often as people make it seen... out of her what seems endless number of VA parts, after looking through the list she has only done tsundere 6-7 times and to be HONEST I'm pretty sure the people who say that she has over done the role only know her as Nagi, Shana Taiga, and Louise... And honestly I don't even consider Nagi or Taiga Tsundere... I'm also surprised after looking through Rie's VA page that I've watched over 95% of all the stuff she was in O_O. I'm watching way to much anime... Well maybe Agnese (if TAMNI2 is considered popular). I guess her voice was so memorable from Shana, Taiga, and Louise that it feels like all she ever plays are tsundere, which isn't true.

I came in expecting a serious show... lol. It definitely wasn't what I expected it would be. I don't even know my own opinion in the show. I dislike it because of the different feel it has from the adaptions... I like it because of the different feel it has compared to the adaption. Because I like the HNA series and like Aria's original character. Meh, I'm not going to lie... I always had a soft spot for these (tsundere) types of characters... yes I'm disgusting :( Tone=/=Story... the anime story is pretty much the same as it's adaptions. Maybe It's just been so long that my image of Aria has become distorted.

And don't forget the role of Kagura from Gintama. How can Kagura be Kagura without Kugimiya? Although she does sound a be repetitive after too many tsundere roles.....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 17, 2011 8:10 PM

Mar 2010
Wasabi said:
Oh look, Shana with guns. Wtf at at this annoying-tsundere-voiced-by-KugiRie busting out a parachute and dual katanas from her uniform? What the fuck? At least Kinji doesn't seem like a totaly idiot unlike all the other male leads. Hell, he even put Aria in her place so he gets +5 for that. Just hope he can keep this attitude up to counter this oh-so-generic-tsundere-archetype-we've-seen-over-9000-times-already-voiced-by-the-same-damn-woman-all-the-time. Oh look, she even pulls out the "become my slave" line at the end of the episode.
All I really have to say is: Thank. You. For. Having. An. IQ. Over. 1. (-.-) Someone who understand my pain!
Apr 17, 2011 8:17 PM

May 2010
Ehh the male lead looks decent.
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Apr 17, 2011 10:40 PM

May 2009
I love me some Toradora 2.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2011 12:20 AM

Jul 2010
Interesting start. Wonder what's up with the censors though...annoying...
Apr 18, 2011 9:46 AM

Oct 2010
Amazing! Wow over 9000 times. Everything by the manga was done. The OP is something I have listened so many times now that it's amazing! It far surpasses the ED in regards to the music. I have read the posts here and you are all wrong about what this anime really is. I will spell it out for you:
Gosick with pumped up adrenaline and ecchi!
Nothing more can be said. You will not figure it out until later but it really is. This is no Toradora except for Aria being another Taiga but IMO she is much more Louise from Zero no Tsukaima. Way more.

If there is anything to say about this series is that it's a beautiful story about what one girl who is amazing because of her descendant and a boy who is has so much suffering and powers that he has a hard time controlling them. Together they will be the finest of all the detectives in the world and will capture all the criminals in the world! Heck yeah! Those who read the manga and the RAW chapters know that this series is worth, lots of action and romance with drama. I would not have bothered with the RAW chapters if it was not that good.

About Aria, Aria was very well done! I liked her expressions in the spoiler
whom the following is my favorite

simply because of the double fang aspect. The facials of Aria are impeccable as well as her poses. Just perfect IMO. Add to that dual gun wielding and dual katanas wielding and you have quatro Aria! A person to wield four weapons. Louise and Taiga can't fuck all do that let alone 4 weapons wielding. Too bad they censored Aria's breasts because I was curious about how in general the ecchi scenes were to appear. The push up bra of Aria is funny though. The gun cocking in the spoiler
was impeccable! It was perfect in fact and being a gun fanatic since talking to a certain someone in MAL, I can say my passion for guns is back! Yeah! I particularly liked Aria with her 2 guns in the spoiler
really nice pose. The story of Aria is a sad one but this story is really about sadness because once you find out, you will know what I am saying.

About Kinji, the favorite thing about Kinji is not when he is normal but in fact when he is in hysteria mode. As the following shows,

he is truly the next City Hunter. I mean how can you top off a single bullet killing a helicopter? Try a bullet for every single of these Uzi 9mm in their barrel. Making them blow up! Try seeing the bullets in slow mode and aiming each shot while being fired simultaneously from a Beretta 50 caliber. Beretta being not too stable in general. That's what! Kinji's appearance in general in hysteria mode in the spoiler
is so City Hunter when he gets serious.

About OP, in the OP the music is amazing and over 9000. One of the things is Aria the way she looks in the spoiler
I love that appearance of hers but most of all it's those shoes. Aria's dual guns with their crests have a meaning whom I won't reveal but they are 45 caliber 1911s government issued. Problem that makes things unrealistic for her is the grip is way beyond the grasp of her hand. I would have gone with a GLOCK sub-compact mode. It would be better for her grip but guess she likes big guns. Another real neat thing is in the spoiler
and that is the impact of a bullet once it hits a wall or something hard. A reason why it goes through our body so easily. Bones and flesh never will stop the crushing power of a ballistic like that. In general the way Riko, Reki and Shirayuki appear in the spoiler
is one thing I love about the OP. In regards to Aria, I will add that her face and general appearance behind the wall of light does create the innocent look. Aria is a innocent virgin that is great. The bullet running is another nice feature of the OP as well as the gun shots!

About the ED, the music sucks! I really don't like it that much but what I really find impressive is the way the characters are setup in it as the spoiler shows
they have kind of a innocent look drowned in their own misfortunes of one thing mentioned in the bible “Those who play with the sword die by the sword.” The same can be said with the guns. Many detectives and policemen lost their lives because they handled a weapon. Even me I may risk the gun death one day since I played with them. The innocent sky further shows that innocence. I did like particularly Aria here but most of all Kinji x Aria in the spoiler
was the best! That is nice!

Forgot to mention that the intermissions in the spoiler
are nice! :D All in all amazing series, a dream come true for a manga reader like myself. Let0 the adventure begin of the finest detectives in the world!

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Apr 18, 2011 11:12 AM
Nov 2008
Is it me, or is the male lead many times more interesting than the title character? I'll stick with the series for now, but I don't have the highest hopes of keeping it atm.
Apr 18, 2011 11:57 AM

Jun 2008
Mediocre episode. It seems like that's how the whole show will be. Nothing horrible but nothing really great ether. It's one of those that can have some enjoyable moments and not be a bad time watching but will still never give anything original or great.
Character style is definitely not my style. I don't like very much that moe style that we see so much in erotic VNs and in shows like Clannad etc and this characters definitely look like that. Let's hope it can surprise even a little, but i doubt it.
Apr 18, 2011 1:05 PM

Jul 2010
Like what many other users have mentioned, the first thought that comes to my mind is, SHANA with guns. Oh well, at least the male lead is not a wimp, so I'd just continue watching.
オタクなんじゃねぃよ
I'm not an otaku.
Apr 18, 2011 1:13 PM

Nov 2009
I thought everything about this show was enjoyable enough, EXCEPT for the fact that the main character is a tsundere.

That basically completely ruins the show in my opinion. I just feel that a tsundere character in this situation is a complete waste. If the main character wasn't a tsundere, I would enjoy this much more.

As for character design, I like it. The comedy can be pretty funny, and some of the side characters seems pretty good as well.

Overall, if the main character wasn't a tsundere, this show could be much better, but far from a masterpiece. It's just the first episode, but I doubt my opinion will change much.
Apr 18, 2011 4:49 PM

Nov 2007
xXC64Xx said:
I thought everything about this show was enjoyable enough, EXCEPT for the fact that the main character is a tsundere.

This.

Also, i like the main guy. he's cool so far. So i just hope he's gonna stay that way... I don't want him to be beaten up all the time by the overused Kugimiya Rie tsundere-_- Other than that the ep was Ok it's not 'wow awesome' but it was enjoyable enough for me to watch the second one.

Apr 18, 2011 8:05 PM
Mar 2011
Monad said:
Mediocre episode. It seems like that's how the whole show will be. Nothing horrible but nothing really great ether. It's one of those that can have some enjoyable moments and not be a bad time watching but will still never give anything original or great.
Character style is definitely not my style. I don't like very much that moe style that we see so much in erotic VNs and in shows like Clannad etc and this characters definitely look like that. Let's hope it can surprise even a little, but i doubt it.

NailOnTheHead!
Hopefully atleast more serious fight scenes.
Apr 18, 2011 9:19 PM

Oct 2010
anteUp said:
Monad said:

NailOnTheHead!
Hopefully at least more serious fight scenes.
ROFL! As a manga reader let me tell you that this is just the beginning. It will get so great that people will be O_O. I guarantee it 100%.

Apr 18, 2011 10:03 PM

Sep 2008
Fantastic show. I'm a sucker for the "I just want a normal life" motif. Just seems so much more realistic and relatable to me than characters who seem to be centered around a burning drive to save and to seek out danger. At the end of the day I don't think any of us would actually want to attend the school where bullet proof uniforms were necessary. I certainly wouldn't. Can understand the desire to leave bomb threats behind you.

Aria's character disappointed me a bit, but I'm sure she'll grow on me. She's a tsundere loli, and her interactions have already caused me to laugh aloud several times in just this first episode. Plus her character has been given a lot of room to grow, so I think I can look forward to more of her.

Premise was interesting. Basically freelance law enforcement. There's a job with some occupational hazards;) Academy has been done before, but why fix what isn't broken? They seem to be being trained as some manner of elite, so that's cool and provides a lot of competition. A solid groundwork to build upon.

Fight was over a little quick, but it's a first episode, so that's to be expected. The first fight is basically designed to display the character's abilities in a manner that is both impressive and easily understandable. Compare Luffy taking out what's her face in episode one to Luffy taking out Crocodile and you see what I'm talking about. Plus, with the premise being what it is, hopefully the emphasis will be more on sleuthwork than high-octane shonen action.

Breakfast girl danced on the line between annoying and entertaining with skill and grace. She interacted with my threshold without ever crossing it. It was a thing of beauty. Hard to accomplish.

ED was nothing special, but the visual aspect of it was very pretty ^^

Ultimately, while the entire show was quite nice, Kinji is was makes it for me. Definitely gonna enjoy him.
Apr 19, 2011 12:55 AM

Jun 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
anteUp said:
Monad said:

NailOnTheHead!
ROFL! As a manga reader let me tell you that this is just the beginning. It will get so great that people will be O_O. I guarantee it 100%.

I'm gonna take your word on that... Because I myself was not impressed, but it was only only episode one, and I'll see if it's worth anything.
"The R1 Anime business is a cruel and shallow financial trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Apr 19, 2011 1:32 AM

Aug 2010
So this is gonna be ur basic harem, ecchi, comedy anime wth some action in it this anime wont have anything special but it looks pretty decent always good to watch one of these.

Hey whats with the dudes power he gets aroused and then becomes cool? Thats awesome this looks funny!
Apr 19, 2011 10:51 AM
Apr 2011
Another J.C. Staff show with a tsundere voiced by Kugimiya Rie. Throughout the whole episode I've felt like I've seen the entire thing before, but it was entertaining nonetheless.

I'm relieved to see a main male character who's not totally hopeless and actually knows how to act around girls, so Kinji is definitely refreshing.

The action scenes were quite good too, especially between Aria and Kinji, that was great. The shooting segways (that sounds weird, I know) were a bit weird, but it gave us some nice shooting sequences. The humor wasn't a let down either, as expected from J.C.

So, to sum up, it's nothing too original or captivating, but interesting enough to keep track of the anime, definitely going to tune in next week.

7/10
Apr 19, 2011 12:29 PM

Oct 2010
artist_for_hire said:
Yumekichi11 said:
anteUp said:
Monad said:

NailOnTheHead!

I'm gonna take your word on that... Because I myself was not impressed, but it was only only episode one, and I'll see if it's worth anything.
I respect you for that. My final advice in regards to deciding before you drop it is episode 6 at least. You need to give it sometime even after a major event happens. Make no mistake, the action can get as good as the last episode of Railgun.
Gangler said:
What about the OP? The OP OMG? I have listened in mp3 like over 100 times. That's how amazing it is to be mentioned. Well at least we agree on the visual aspects. ROFL. First reply to you in the series of this season. Friend!

Apr 19, 2011 5:57 PM

Sep 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Gangler said:
What about the OP? The OP OMG? I have listened in mp3 like over 100 times. That's how amazing it is to be mentioned. Well at least we agree on the visual aspects. ROFL. First reply to you in the series of this season. Friend!

Honestly, I'm not too fond of it. Not like it's bad or anything. It seems like something I'd normally enjoy, but I'm just not feeling it. I figure I'll give it some time. It might grow on me.
Apr 19, 2011 7:05 PM
Apr 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
*snipped for sanity*

I'm not going to refute every point of yours, I'll just say "holy damn" for the most part (pretty thorough/detailed analysis).

However - Beretta 50 caliber? For starters, I'm fairly sure beretta doesn't make any type of 50 caliber gun, especially in the form of a pistol (.50 pistols being mostly limited to the desert eagle (.50ae) and a few revolvers (.500 S&W)). The gun Kinji uses appears to be a Beretta 92 or some offshoot, in 9mm. I don't recall seeing any form of 50 caliber gun in this episode (namely the Barrett .50 BMG rifle action shows tend to love so much).

Side note: I really would've appreciated the main character using some interesting caliber like 10mm auto or .357 sig.. rather than just plain-jane FMJ 9mm/45acp.

Second, I'm not exactly sure why their 1911s don't have standard 1911 triggers (most guns use a more modern pivoting trigger, 1911s use sliding triggers - see here) since everything else seems to be done reasonably accurately. Perhaps the artist thought the sample image of a 1911 was 'fake' or 'wrong' and decided to give it a more common trigger?

Overall, at the very least I think it'll be an entertaining series to watch.
CasteilApr 19, 2011 7:13 PM
Apr 20, 2011 1:03 PM
Feb 2008
Casteil said:
Yumekichi11 said:
*snipped for sanity*

I'm not going to refute every point of yours, I'll just say "holy damn" for the most part (pretty thorough/detailed analysis).

However - Beretta 50 caliber? For starters, I'm fairly sure beretta doesn't make any type of 50 caliber gun, especially in the form of a pistol (.50 pistols being mostly limited to the desert eagle (.50ae) and a few revolvers (.500 S&W)). The gun Kinji uses appears to be a Beretta 92 or some offshoot, in 9mm. I don't recall seeing any form of 50 caliber gun in this episode (namely the Barrett .50 BMG rifle action shows tend to love so much).

Side note: I really would've appreciated the main character using some interesting caliber like 10mm auto or .357 sig.. rather than just plain-jane FMJ 9mm/45acp.

Second, I'm not exactly sure why their 1911s don't have standard 1911 triggers (most guns use a more modern pivoting trigger, 1911s use sliding triggers - see here) since everything else seems to be done reasonably accurately. Perhaps the artist thought the sample image of a 1911 was 'fake' or 'wrong' and decided to give it a more common trigger?

Overall, at the very least I think it'll be an entertaining series to watch.

It's good to know that the show is being somewhat accurate with the guns. I noticed there was a lot of detail on the makes and some facts about the gun (which makes me think the author is a gun buff and just wanted a marketable setting to talk about them and since Black Lagoon had the modern day pirate angle down...)

As countless others have said and will say the show seems very very derivative but I can't help but laugh at how nonsensical and tired the setup is. Matrix dual personalities and parachuting off of 4 story buildings...I mean wow let's not even talk about the tsudere,highschool,heywe'reliving2gether,etc stuff

Bull bustingly average but I am amused so points for that
Apr 20, 2011 1:59 PM
Mar 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
anteUp said:
Monad said:

NailOnTheHead!

I'll take your word for it because of your enthusiasm :D
Apr 20, 2011 11:27 PM

Oct 2010
Casteil said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Lucky for you that this series is of my top 5 to write out most of my thoughts. You should have seen last season of anime, I was all out. So much in fact that I could not complete my posts of all episodes from series such as IS, Infinite Stratos.
Casteil said:

You have much more episodes to see in order to see all the guns. Beretta do not make 50 caliber except custom or military use. The Desert Eagle considering the time frame of this series is not anymore the only 50 caliber gun. This series being set in the future at the very least it's plausible to think that gun companies have evolved into making much more variations. My mistake it is a 9mm but the before can apply to the series setting. I still think with the following,

that hollow point is better because of it's shard spread hence the following:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expanding_bullet with that it would kill much more
Casteil said:

Yeah I agree with that. In fact I wished that Aria would have used the sub compact GLOCK chambered in 10mm rounds but my personal taste says that one of those GLOCKS should be .357 and the other should be 45ACP. Reason? Let's say one has the highest speed of close to 1800FPS and the other has big holes. hence the bullet comparing for fun in the spoiler
you want to talk about guns? Well let's do it! Bullet comparing first!
Casteil said:
Interesting though. I will agree with it but given the future time frame could be just that the 1911 was just changed around in the end of what author though would be the best evolution for it.
anteUp said:
Yumekichi11 said:
anteUp said:
Monad said:

NailOnTheHead! Hopefully at least more serious fight scenes.
I'll take your word for it because of your enthusiasm :D
Why thanks but if you ever want to take my word, read the manga. Your enthusiasm will be much more as mine is now. Check my manga list for that one.
Yumekichi11Apr 21, 2011 12:05 AM

Apr 20, 2011 11:32 PM

Oct 2008
Lol, Kugimiya Rie again? =O
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 21, 2011 3:23 AM
Apr 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Interesting though. I will agree with it but given the future time frame could be just that the 1911 was just changed around in the end of what author though would be the best evolution for it.

The 1911 is now 100 years old and the design changes in that timeframe have been absolutely minimal. I doubt there's little more going on here than inaccuracy/misunderstanding.
Apr 21, 2011 3:38 AM

Oct 2010
Casteil said:
Yumekichi11 said:

The 1911 is now 100 years old and the design changes in that time frame have been absolutely minimal. I doubt there's little more going on here than inaccuracy/misunderstanding.
Could be, then again a biography about the author would be the best in options to see how much of a fanatic of guns he is but of course learning in reading Japanese for that only is not in my intentions yet.

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» I wish there was more

LostInLove - Oct 26, 2023

8 by Kiikani »»
Apr 20, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hoppy - Apr 21, 2011

196 by Karva1 »»
Apr 15, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - May 12, 2011

225 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:57 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - May 5, 2011

232 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:31 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kittyman - Apr 28, 2011

174 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.