Forum Settings
Forums

Game of Thrones Season 5 General Discussion and Comparison to Books

New
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 14, 2015 7:43 AM

Mar 2015
danae17 said:

Btw not sure but I think I saw on tv that Bran would like to focus on his studies this year so he's not participating.

Yes and they've
so I'm glad he doesn't appear this season,it would've been more dragged out than it already is.

I'm not sure if everyone has watched the leaked episodes yet so I'll use a spoiler tag for this
Apr 14, 2015 11:42 AM

Jan 2014
HeroKenzan20 said:

I'm not sure if everyone has watched the leaked episodes yet so I'll use a spoiler tag for this

I think that's what they were aiming for.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Apr 14, 2015 4:46 PM

Jul 2013
Regarding a leaked episode

On the actual episode:

Mance...
I don't think that scene could have been more perfect. Performances, atmosphere, everything.
Apr 18, 2015 5:26 AM
Oct 2011
Okay it's confirmed: Benioff and Weiß are sick fucks and Martin is nowhere near as violence thirsty as those 2 are. Why on earth is Ramsay marrying the real Sansa ffs? I'm not sure that makes sense. Hopefully it will at some point, but for now it just seems pointless as fuck and just more pointless abuse for Sansa.
Apr 18, 2015 5:45 AM
Apr 2015
Candor said:
Okay it's confirmed: Benioff and Weiß are sick fucks and Martin is nowhere near as violence thirsty as those 2 are. Why on earth is Ramsay marrying the real Sansa ffs? I'm not sure that makes sense. Hopefully it will at some point, but for now it just seems pointless as fuck and just more pointless abuse for Sansa.

To me those 2 just like to make shocking gruesome things rather then focus on the story. That is why they keep on doing gay scenes as well as try to make things more sickening like killing a pregnant women which never happens and wasted too much time on Theon's torture part rather then other important parts. And also when I said to focus on Iron Islands, I mean to get up to date. Its because they were in book 2 parts rather then current parts though I have not watched episode 2-4 but I hope they updated the iron islands story.
Apr 18, 2015 11:07 AM

Oct 2012
Dragon88 said:

To me those 2 just like to make shocking gruesome things rather then focus on the story. That is why they keep on doing gay scenes as well as try to make things more sickening like killing a pregnant women which never happens and wasted too much time on Theon's torture part rather then other important parts. And also when I said to focus on Iron Islands, I mean to get up to date. Its because they were in book 2 parts rather then current parts though I have not watched episode 2-4 but I hope they updated the iron islands story.

What's wrong with equal opportunity fan service?
Apr 19, 2015 4:13 AM
Oct 2011
This is so good. So fucking good. I just watched the 3rd and 4th episodes and maaaaaan..

More leaked episodes when??
Apr 19, 2015 4:20 AM

Jun 2012
^was wondering when people would finally see the 4th - had seen it before the 1st even aired on tv

anyways was it just me (as a non-reader)
How long will it last
Apr 19, 2015 4:25 AM
Oct 2011
thereisonlyone said:
^was wondering when people would finally see the 4th - had seen it before the 1st even aired on tv

You gotta save some good stuff for later, I mean we're gonna stay 4 more weeks without new episodes..
Apr 19, 2015 5:12 AM

Jun 2012
^ lol yep, that was the 1st thing I was mad about, with that ending on the 4th

I straight stood up and said "This is some @$#$%$##" (GoT) loves those cliffhangers
How long will it last
Apr 19, 2015 11:07 AM

Jan 2014
thereisonlyone said:

I thought the same thing.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Apr 19, 2015 3:32 PM

Jul 2010
Dragon88 said:

Would be pretty boring if they only did straight sex scenes all throughout the series.
Apr 20, 2015 12:56 AM

Jun 2008
Dumb move by Daenerys....
Apr 20, 2015 3:50 AM

Oct 2013
I really like the 1st episode. Respect for John snow!
Apr 20, 2015 5:23 AM

Jun 2012
Wait they switched Jeyne out for Sansa?

Theon haters get wrecked.
Apr 20, 2015 6:59 PM

Dec 2012
Dragon88 said:
Don't tell me you're comparing gay sex with killing unborn childs and torturing/castrating.

I like it so far, but I don't want any more leaks, I'd rather have some balance between TV Watchers and pirates, we already have too many differences with the book readers :P
Apr 22, 2015 5:30 AM

Feb 2013
I'M BACK!!! WOOHOO

Well, a man is not Jaqen H'ghar (anymore) but still..
Apr 24, 2015 1:25 AM

Mar 2011
I'm interested to see what becomes of Brienne but somewhat scared of the revelation of future plots for the books. The more the show deviates *which it has so far* the better it would be imo. I enjoy the books more than the show, except for season one, that was excellent acting and pacing.
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Apr 26, 2015 9:31 PM

Jun 2008
*SIGH*

I gave in and saw episode 4....

Fuck...now I have to wait two weeks for 5...
Apr 27, 2015 1:42 PM

Sep 2014
Stannis is marching on Winterfell “within the fortnight.” With Brienne and Stannis converging on the castle, where Sansa, Theon and the Boltons already are, it’s sure to be the focal point of the action later this season. in others words, the north its the place (not) to be

The North remembers scenes give me the chills
May 6, 2015 4:40 PM
Feb 2012
Not feeling at all this plot about those "Faith of Seven" despite them giving out a clear view of all the poor People standing inside Kingslanding and everywhere else.
Looking at their militant approach against "Sinners" i wonder if Cersei shot herself in the foot.

Poor Sansa now another tormenter interfers into her life. But this fella is unlike Joffrey not a joke.
May 6, 2015 5:18 PM

Dec 2014
So far the characters I'm most interested in is Arya, Tyrion, and Jaime.

Daenarys is still being stupid, and Jon Snow still knows nothing.
May 11, 2015 3:56 AM

Oct 2013
Game Of Thrones, Season 5......getting disappointing. It feels rushed. Pacing is too fast for its own good. I'm starting to predict shit. I should NEVER be able to predict stuff when it comes to Game Of Thrones. I never did before. The magic feels like its been lost to some degree.

I knew it that once they begin stray from the books, it'll go down the road of crap.
Only good thing right now is Tryion & Jon Snow. Though the situation with Jorah was so clichéd lol The end of episode 5 I mean.

Once The stone men jumped the boat I KNEW one of em was gonna get infected and when Tyrion asked lol I knew it even when he said no. So generic at that point.

The first four episodes were decent but the pacing is too fast imo. Episodes despite being the same length, FEEL shorter. Episode 5 was boring. First time I just wanted to STOP watching. I forced myself. Sansa is still a fkn dumbass.

And seriously. All these deaths are getting TOO much! like c'mon man. STOP and give us a break. I feel so numb to them now and Barristan dead!? wtf man.

Episode 5 is the worst episode in the ENTIRE series.

However! Please bear in mind that I have NOT read the books so I dunno how much they changed but I hear its a lot.

What do you lot think?
TyrelMay 11, 2015 4:48 AM
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
May 18, 2015 8:42 AM

Mar 2014
Taking into account the fact that the actor who plays Ramsey has said that he had some very disturbing scenes in this season, I don't want to think about what's gonna happen in the next episode..
So far (episode 6) the pacing seems fast.
May 18, 2015 9:22 AM

Feb 2015
They should of sticked to the books and that Ramsey scene the only disturbing thing about it was Theon watching.

Atleast Stannis the Mannis, the one true king is getting the love he deserves.

Jamie and Bronn is so far the only change i like, and Loras continues being ruined.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2015 10:23 AM

Feb 2012
Loll that last scene, they were missing some tongue action.

Man I love the High Sparrow so much, and his Faith squad.

Cersei stay smiling, its only a matter of time until the Faith comes for you too.
May 25, 2015 6:09 AM
Oct 2011
Woah the meeting we book readers were waiting for that didn't happen in the books yet happened so fucking early in the series, and that's not a bad thing. Holy shit the hype.
May 26, 2015 9:29 AM

Feb 2013
Ramkec said:

Cersei stay smiling, its only a matter of time until the Faith comes for you too.

Well that was fast
May 26, 2015 5:28 PM

Jul 2013
Candor said:
Woah the meeting we book readers were waiting for that didn't happen in the books yet happened so fucking early in the series, and that's not a bad thing. Holy shit the hype.

That moment... Tyrion coming out and saying his name... entire books waiting for that?

Also, Cersei getting bitten in the ass. Tywin was right, nowhere near as clever as she thinks she is.
May 27, 2015 3:13 AM

Apr 2013
>Commits incest
>Has incest children
>Plotted to kill children

How did Cersei not expect that it'd turn out like this? Lmao, what a dumb bitch.

Anyways, glad to know that I'm not the only one who feels disappointed. Though the story is progressing, it also feels like it's been going nowhere for the past few episodes. S
May 27, 2015 10:16 AM

Feb 2012
TheNextChamp said:
Ramkec said:

Well that was fast

Shout out to Lannister Brother Lancel.

The tables turn quite fast here, from this episode, the High Sparrow is the most powerful man in King's Landing, triumphing over both great houses there atm.
RamkecMay 27, 2015 10:21 AM
May 27, 2015 10:50 AM

Apr 2013
Ramkec said:
TheNextChamp said:

Well that was fast

The tables turn quite fast here, from this episode, the High Sparrow is the most powerful man in King's Landing, triumphing over both great houses there atm.

Is he really? What's stopping Tonmen from slaughtering these fanatics? if Tywin was still alive this shit would've never happened in the first place.
May 27, 2015 10:55 AM

Feb 2015
NudeBear said:
Ramkec said:

Is he really? What's stopping Tonmen from slaughtering these fanatics? if Tywin was still alive this shit would've never happened in the first place.

Because he is a puss bag King Stannis would burn them all at the stake.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2015 10:55 AM

Jan 2014
NudeBear said:
Ramkec said:

His punk ass, that's what's stopping him. I don't think even his mother being imprisoned will make much of a difference.

It looks like one of the most common things to happen to Sansa is having people who support her killed and then exhibited in front of her. It's getting boring.

And I was pleased about the Cersei scene. That alone made this episode worth the wait.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
May 27, 2015 10:58 AM

Mar 2015
Royalirishman said:
NudeBear said:

Because he is a puss bag King Stannis would burn them all at the stake.

;D

True,just imagine what Robert would have done to them.
May 27, 2015 11:15 AM

Feb 2012
NudeBear said:
Ramkec said:

Don't forget what Cersei said to him this episode, what the first casualty would be if he attacked them. They would execute Margaery right away. Plus now they got his mom too, he wouldn't dare do anything at all now.

As for house Tyrell, remember what Sparrow said to the grandma with that you are the few and we are the many line, he can easily stop all their income by having ppl stop working for them.

Also in the books Faith has 2 military orders, but I guess they have been skipped in the show, so its not easy to take "those fanatics" down at all.
May 28, 2015 2:07 AM

May 2010
Remember guys to check out the GoT musical video on youtube if you haven't seen it yet, it's hilarious!
http://fat.gfycat.com/GaseousSomberFreshwatereel.webm

Honestly speaking I really enjoy the current season, even though quite a lot of people seems to dislike it because apparently nothing is happening. Dunno, I like the slower pace, for me it's better than killing characters in in every other episode. This week's scene with Sansa was outstanding, and I loved the ending with Cersei. Can't believe there are only a few episodes left!
May 28, 2015 8:35 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Kitsu-nee said:
Remember guys to check out the GoT musical video on youtube if you haven't seen it yet, it's hilarious!
http://fat.gfycat.com/GaseousSomberFreshwatereel.webm

Honestly speaking I really enjoy the current season, even though quite a lot of people seems to dislike it because apparently nothing is happening. Dunno, I like the slower pace, for me it's better than killing characters in in every other episode. This week's scene with Sansa was outstanding, and I loved the ending with Cersei. Can't believe there are only a few episodes left!

That musical with coldplay LOL Tyrion's song especially haha. It seems like the upcoming siege on winterfell will be the big action/climax scene of this season after all. Looking forward to it.
May 29, 2015 10:00 PM

Aug 2013
Ramkec said:

Man I love the High Sparrow so much, and his Faith squad.

The amount of power they suddenly have is silly

SpooksMay 29, 2015 10:10 PM
May 30, 2015 1:42 AM
May 2015
The premiere of game of thrones’ fifth season in San Francisco was really interesting)

May 30, 2015 9:26 AM

Feb 2015
Baelish said:

Stannis always seemed like a twat
[/spoiler]

blasphemy! He is the One true king

May 30, 2015 3:35 PM

Jan 2014
Am I the only one that dislikes Daenerys? I think she thinks too highly of herself, and expects everything to go her way whenever she commands it...
May 30, 2015 4:35 PM

Feb 2013
Evil_Chopper said:
Am I the only one that dislikes Daenerys? I think she thinks too highly of herself, and expects everything to go her way whenever she commands it...

there are a lot of Daenerys haters bro

[quote=Royalirishman]
Baelish said:

Stannis always seemed like a twat
[/spoiler]
blasphemy! He is the One true king

damm I love Ser Davos, hope he stays safe
ChampMay 30, 2015 4:40 PM
May 30, 2015 5:46 PM

Apr 2013
Evil_Chopper said:

Don't worry. I couldn't less for her either. I don't understand the hype. I mean yeah sure, she has dragons, but that's about it. There is seriously nothing special about her character.

Honestly, there are only a few characters from the show that I value a lot. Jon Snow, Theon, and Tyrion. Jamie used to be on my list too but holy fuck he's been such a bore for the past 2 seasons. I don't want to sound like a hater, but why is the writing not as good as it was before? I swear, there have been some really questionable scenes and dialogues in the show lately. For example, the Oberon sisters scenes are just plain atrocious. I can't tell if it's because of their acting or the writing. How the Sparrows suddenly transitioned into some powerful force is also beyond me. Things might have been explained/shown differently in the books, but in the show it was just too sudden. Their power spike made no sense. Makes me feel like there's absolutely no point to the whole Cersei/Margery/Sparrow plot.

I also don't care for Jami's storyline either right now. Oh, I almost forgot about Arya Stark. Yeah, don't care for her either. Not even going to bother to explain why.

Like I said before: the Winterfell/Stannis, and the beyond the wall/Jon Snow storylines are the only things I'm interested in. Back in S1, 2, and 3 I used to pretty much enjoy every single POV, but now I can barely stand most of them. I don't know if that's just me getting sick of GOT (i only watch it once a year), or that the quality's actually deteriorating.
May 30, 2015 6:27 PM

Feb 2015
NudeBear said:
Evil_Chopper said:

Don't worry. I couldn't less for her either. I don't understand the hype. I mean yeah sure, she has dragons, but that's about it. There is seriously nothing special about her character.

Honestly, there are only a few characters from the show that I value a lot. Jon Snow, Theon, and Tyrion. Jamie used to be on my list too but holy fuck he's been such a bore for the past 2 seasons. I don't want to sound like a hater, but why is the writing not as good as it was before? I swear, there have been some really questionable scenes and dialogues in the show lately. For example, the Oberon sisters scenes are just plain atrocious. I can't tell if it's because of their acting or the writing. How the Sparrows suddenly transitioned into some powerful force is also beyond me. Things might have been explained/shown differently in the books, but in the show it was just too sudden. Their power spike made no sense. Makes me feel like there's absolutely no point to the whole Cersei/Margery/Sparrow plot.

I also don't care for Jami's storyline either right now. Oh, I almost forgot about Arya Stark. Yeah, don't care for her either. Not even going to bother to explain why.

Like I said before: the Winterfell/Stannis, and the beyond the wall/Jon Snow storylines are the only things I'm interested in. Back in S1, 2, and 3 I used to pretty much enjoy every single POV, but now I can barely stand most of them. I don't know if that's just me getting sick of GOT (i only watch it once a year), or that the quality's actually deteriorating.

Quality is deteriorating and yes Daenerys sucks.
May 31, 2015 3:21 AM

Jul 2013
I understand those that feel not much is happening. A Feast for Crow, the book being adapted (I know this term can be used a bit loosely), is mostly set up until things actually blow up. In comparison to a previous season that had much more momentum and intensity... this one can feel a bit lacking.
Doesn't change that its the best show on television.
May 31, 2015 3:25 AM

Aug 2013
TheNextChamp said:

damm I love Ser Davos, hope he stays safe

I know, hes such a nice guy but nice people always get shit deals in westeros.
May 31, 2015 10:14 AM

Feb 2012
Maybe y'all fell like that cause we're losing characters all the time. :D

As a book reader, I'm quite enjoying what they're giving us, since they are mixing things up, there's something new to us as well, so its always fun for me to watch what they will bring out.

And I kinda agree about the Danny plot, all we've seen her do this season is f**k Daario. :/ Things should go crazy now when Tyrion is there.
May 31, 2015 7:11 PM

Mar 2015
Whitewalker King was like 'Come at me Crow' at the end.

Atleast something impactful actually happened in this episode.

I guess the giant did drown himself at the end? :/
May 31, 2015 8:33 PM

Oct 2012
HeroKenzan said:

I guess the giant did drown himself at the end? :/

No. The giant survived.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3507 by Azulmagia88 »»
1 hour ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7780 by juanlqr »»
2 hours ago

» What was the last TV show episode (non anime) have you watched?

Vargnatt - Mar 23

47 by Nette »»
11 hours ago

» Favorite films? ( 1 2 3 4 )

naptakermango - Mar 8, 2021

172 by GCRyan »»
Yesterday, 6:14 PM

» Discuss the last movie you watched ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GloriousHawk - Dec 29, 2012

4843 by GCRyan »»
Yesterday, 6:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.