Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Apr 5, 2015 3:07 PM

Apr 2013
"A nipple isn't a doorbell!"

Wrong.

Azazel-sensei is a gentleman and a scholar.
Apr 5, 2015 3:11 PM

Sep 2013
wow that was pretty good

looking forward to this season, lots of great things to look forward to if adapted correctly
Apr 5, 2015 3:28 PM

Jan 2015
deanzel said:

Wrong.

I might have to disagree. It can be a doorbell but it's usually not. Well at least from what I know.

But I do like Azazel
Apr 5, 2015 4:20 PM

Aug 2013
Aww yiiiis, yiiiis, yiiiis, DxD started back again. I've been waiting for that new season :D

Spotted in the OP : Koneko-chan with cat ears. Dis wil b gud ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o)
We even saw what seem to be her onee-chan.

Azazel is an oppai enthusiast I see... Azazel confirmed bro.

I hope we get to solve that ''cold'' between Rias and Issei. It seem to be around the fact that he still call her Prez. I love it more when she's teasing him :(
There also seem to be something wrong with Koneko. She seem... agitated? She had an odd look on her face in the bath.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 5, 2015 4:48 PM

Jan 2013
Was waiting for this.

Boobs!
Apr 5, 2015 4:49 PM

Feb 2014
Uncensored boobs just like i remembered DxD

as soon as Rias and professor disappeared and dragon appeared i knew it was test/training
Apr 5, 2015 5:23 PM

Feb 2012
So glad this is properly uncensored!

Good to see the gang again. Especially Issei, god amongst men. Can't wait to see how the plot ( ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ) advances this season.
Apr 5, 2015 5:27 PM

Mar 2015
Yes finally some character development for Koneko-chan! I hope they explain more about her character rather than an emotionless rook that only do physical attacks.

Also harem king is back~!

Asia x Issei is cute, Rias getting jealous with Akeno getting to close with Issei. Xenovia with the baby making is funny. I think it's only Koneko left right? That is not interested with Issei.

Edit: Oh and the ED with Koneko seems in the heat haha x_x
DarklordVorApr 5, 2015 5:35 PM

Apr 5, 2015 5:37 PM

Apr 2014
Fan-service right off the bat is win win for me.
Things gets interesting real quick.
Fight against a demon dragon(using less the 10% of its real power) so damn strong.
Monkey king and other mythology god/goddess...interesting.
Looking forward for more oppai action :D
Apr 5, 2015 6:29 PM

Apr 2014
I came for the plot.
10/10 as usual. Harem King is back!
Apr 5, 2015 7:39 PM
Sep 2014
I was waiting for that anime! The animation seems even better now, so fluid. The little fight was juste awesome!
That demon dragon was insane
Can't wait for the next episode
Apr 5, 2015 8:03 PM

Sep 2014
That was a worthy episode. Glorious.
*Too complicated to cared*
Apr 5, 2015 8:34 PM

Oct 2012
boobs boobs and more boobs
Apr 5, 2015 8:43 PM

Sep 2014
It wasn't bad at all. I expected as much from the only ecchi Anime I don't hate. Can't wait for next week.
Apr 5, 2015 9:42 PM

Mar 2014
Here we go again more boobies
Apr 5, 2015 9:53 PM

Jun 2013
"A woman's breasts are infinitely incarnate." Someone give Azazel a medal or something. I fuckin' love this guy, lol. He may be an even bigger perv than Issei.

I'm fresh off the 2nd season and couldn't be more excited for the 3rd. C'mon, DxD, I'm expecting a lot from my favorite ecchi-with-actual-plot series! But seriously, there's already a lot going on here with room for development, and it's only the 1st episode (major credit to the source material for that):

1. Issei slowly but steadily transitioning away from the idea of a harem to having one main love interest, and his uneasiness about it as evidenced by his recurring dreams about Yuuma/Raynare.
2. Rias wanting to be seen by Issei as "Rias" the person and serious romantic interest, not as simply the "Bucho" (Rias is clearly Issei's #1, but they have yet to have this mutual realization).
3. The potential conflict of Rias's benevolent approach to leading her household vs. Azazel's stricter and harsher approach to leadership and the need for training.
4. Koneko's "family issues".
5. And of course the overarching plot concerning the "major players" of 3 main powers and the Khaos Brigade.
Apr 5, 2015 9:58 PM
Sep 2014
it only gets better from here, i hope they did the JD justice like it did in the light novel.... but that asia foreshadowing tho..... and the akeno foreshadowing at the same time.....
Apr 5, 2015 10:21 PM

Jul 2013
Soooooo much oppai XD
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Apr 5, 2015 10:51 PM

Nov 2012
Glad this is still the same old DxD.
Can't wait for more Boosto! and oppai lol
Apr 5, 2015 11:19 PM

Dec 2014
Damn, even more fan-service than I remember in the previous seasons! xD
I am really glad to see all of the set up for story though. This season is where the story will really hit its stride!
Apr 5, 2015 11:33 PM

Mar 2015
So all Occult club will be training with Tannin, instead of only Issei?
Apr 5, 2015 11:41 PM

Jul 2014
Boobs overload xD xD

( i hope To-love-ru this summer also uncensored )
Apr 5, 2015 11:42 PM

Jul 2014
Tlahuizcapante said:
So all Occult club will be training with Tannin, instead of only Issei?
Only Issei.
Apr 6, 2015 1:09 AM

Dec 2013
Well it's back, it's uncensored, and it's absolutely Fabulous!

Loved how they started things off with the girls in his bed. I'd forgotten just how forward Akeno's become from the last few episodes of Season 2. His house was renovated overnight, I wonder what his neighbors had to say about it.

The trip back to the Underworld was kinda boring, but the surprise attack was fun to watch. I can't wait to see the build up to the YRG Tourney and the training Issei will have to do with Tannin.

Also cannot wait to watch
and of course this:
iBeja said:

Good start. Eagerly awaiting the next episode.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 6, 2015 1:11 AM

Aug 2013
Finally back.
Apr 6, 2015 1:27 AM

Oct 2013
Good first episode. As much as I'm not a fan of Ecchi, DxD and SnS are the two shows which I find very appealing in this season.

The very first dialogue and we have Issei screaming oppai. Lol, glad this crazy dumb fun ecchi is back.

Great to see the cast is back along with the Harem King. And I see Azazel will be getting screentime more often.

Seems like few new characters were introduced in this episode at the end and next episode too will have new characters.

I wonder what was wrong with Koneko but it looks like she will be the focus along with her sister who was shown at the end of the episode.

Looks fun, I'm at Vol5 of the LN only but I heard things get more interested in the later volumes so I'll have to read those ones asap before I watch it.
Apr 6, 2015 1:55 AM

Jan 2009
It's DxD, was not dissapointed, normally i hate ecchi anime but this and TLR are the 2 exceptions.

Good starter episode.
Apr 6, 2015 2:30 AM
Apr 2014
I really hope this ends up being 2-cour, since it feels like alot needs to be fitted into the story. Also was a little disappointed, thought it would have a stronger start than it did.
Apr 6, 2015 3:13 AM

Jan 2013
That was a hilarious talk about boobs, like always.
I liked the ED, for once the english was good.
Apr 6, 2015 4:03 AM

Jun 2014
"PROFESSOR I AM SO MOVED"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2015 4:19 AM

Feb 2014
This will be an acceptable substitute until Love Ru Darkness Season 2 arrives.
Apr 6, 2015 5:19 AM
Oct 2011
Ophis said:
As much as I love this series this episode was a big disappointment! Everything is so rushed and out of place. Especially with all the anime original scenes they're adding in. Why is Tannin there? Why was Sona on the train? I don't know how many volumes they're adapting but it seems to be more than 2 going by the pacing which scares me. We were supposed to see Rias's family this episode, not them getting attacked by Tannin.

They cut out all the good parts too. Like Issei's text message to his friends and if I remember correctly, Azazel was supposed to throw Issei into the girls bath. They could just be moving events around, even though there's no reason to but I'll have to wait till the next episode to see if that's the case.

I agree with you to a point. The thing that I love most about DxD is it's faithfulness to the LN and this season they're changing things. However, as long as it isn't too much, I think taking some shortcuts might not be too bad.

Also, vol. 10 content at this point seems to be almost a promise, either they're planning on a 4th Season or this will be the last. What does everybody else think?
Apr 6, 2015 5:41 AM

Aug 2014
the harem king 3rd story ... started ....
Apr 6, 2015 7:36 AM
Sep 2013
Definitely 5/5 for the 3rd season.
Azazel boobs-sensei, what else ? We believe in you, Issei !
It's finally time to see Koneko's story, it will be interesting, i'm sure.

Can't wait for the next episode. :D
Apr 6, 2015 7:54 AM

Jul 2013
It seems TNK is breaking their two volumes per season pace and they're going to fit three volumes into this one. I'm actually a little disappointed, I thought Volume 6 would have been a great place to end this season and we could've gotten more content from Volumes 5 and 6. Oh well.

Like I said, the pacing is really fast and even more so if you've read the novels due to the skipped scenes. I wonder how TNK will decide to work this season. I hope they don't get rid of that many good scenes.

All in all I'm glad DxD is back and I'm looking forward to the season.
Apr 6, 2015 8:26 AM

Dec 2013
very good for the first episode
why is riassu-buccho sad ? i want her cheerful self to back !!
akeno is starting to piss both me and riassu -_-
Apr 6, 2015 10:44 AM

Aug 2012
1. Oppai!
2. Oppai!!
3. Oppai everywhere!!!

We're about to witness the birth of Oppai Dragon *wakuwaku*

p.s: Akeno-samaaaaaaaaaa~~~
Apr 6, 2015 11:36 AM

Feb 2014
what the.... hahahaha

"oppai" right of the bat on 00:01 seconds. haha.

It' was skipped a few of humor scenes though. But the doorbell scene was there so *ehem.
Apr 6, 2015 12:02 PM

May 2014
Oppai! Oppai! Oppai!

Yeah, I can tell that this is going to be another great season.
Apr 6, 2015 12:51 PM
Apr 2014
Asia foreshadowing, lots of angst, somewhat stilted dialogue and anime original scenes varying from pretty good to barely bearable. Some fun parts were cut, but we can't have everything, now can we. 10/10 it's okay
deanzel said:

Wrong.

"Though mountains crack, and ice will thaw

Though walls will fall, to tooth and claw

Though stars will fade, and shadow spread

On the heights we stood, with iron red.

And as they died, they killed the dead.
Apr 6, 2015 2:12 PM

May 2012
This is already 8.36 ! and Owari no Seraph is only 7.96 ! LOL

The 1st episode ok but noting special about it. The fanservice and boob jokes are no better than other echii anime I've seen. In fact, Kenzen Robo Daimidaler had far better jokes like front tail dick, and other things.

I'm just struggling to understand how this anime is 8.36 while other harem shows is only rated ~6 !!!
Apr 6, 2015 2:45 PM

Aug 2013
Caleb8980 said:
NeoAnkara said:
There will be a lot of thing that happen in Hyoudou residence. It's just not the time now.

Indeed, you don't want to know how far it reaches into the ground xD

The OP was nice and pretty much foreshadows the highlights of this first part (Ophis ftw :D)

The episode was also awesome, just a tad bit fast, but that is to be expected if they want to animate Vol. 5-7 in this season.

Cant wait to see the work that Rias put in. Good thing Issei's parents are idiots lol
My Candies:
Apr 6, 2015 2:47 PM

Aug 2014
This episode looks promising, I've read the LN's so I have a reasonable idea what's going to happen. And if the LN's are any indication the best parts are yet to come, the bath scene was lovely though <3

[quote=Iolo]
Caleb8980 said:

Cant wait to see the work that Rias put in. Good thing Issei's parents are idiots lol

Like father like son.

Also, VROOM VROOM, IYAAN!
~Dar-Raksada, The medievalist~
Apr 6, 2015 4:19 PM

Feb 2011
Tokoya said:
Great art and animation

Are you blind ? Animation was worse than TG S2, and that's quite an achievement. It's like the animators didn't even try.
Apr 6, 2015 7:01 PM

May 2013
And right away in the first five seconds, we have boobs! (^_^) Oh DxD, you never fail us.
Issei, you lucky bastard, that is how every man wants to wake up!
OP and ED show a bunch of interesting things that I can't wait for.

Tannin is pretty badass. Azazel is freakin' hilarious.
Rias is having problems being called President by Issei.
Koneko, or Shirone, has an older sister named Kuroka.

The plot and the "plot" are real.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Apr 6, 2015 8:25 PM

Feb 2015
Akeno teasing in the episode was wonderful, also

Apr 6, 2015 9:08 PM

Oct 2013
There we go. DxD's back in all it's uncensored glory & starting off as it should - with boobs before we're even 1 second in. Everyone's looking great as usual, and is fun as usual. But special mentions go towards the man who'll undoubtedly make this an even better experience since he's with our group from the very beginning now, Azazel.

I welcome the change of setting for this season from school to hell. Actual hell has no meaning for Issei anyway as he's been everlasting heaven ever since Rias took him in.

Also, Akeno' playfulness get's her a headstart in the best DxD girl of this season race. Rias might have to improvise a bit or she'll loose ground. I have faith in her, though I'm not taking any sides between the two - not yet anyway - just recognizing Akeno's efforts.
Apr 6, 2015 9:45 PM

Jul 2013
Waking up finding yourself in the middle of two topless babes with another one on top of you... Damnit I don't care how bad my nightmares will be as long as I wake up to that!

yow! so they're bringing Norse and Greek mythology into this? sweeet! and people think this show has no plot...

anyway, BOOSTO! so glad this show is finally back. This might be the only show that I'll watch this season. The others can wait.
Apr 6, 2015 10:13 PM
Jul 2013
I gotta say that I loved this 1st episode. I guess is true that TnK is animating 3 volumes (LNs 5-7) instead of 2 volumes like the previous 2 seasons. This is great if they're able to fit the important bits of the story without cutting to much. This episode basically covered ~130 pages or half of LN5 without missing much (sure, we didn't see the door to the underground train nor the Crimson locomotive driver nor the fireworks to welcome Rías nor Velenala Gremory [Rias' mom]) but the episode was fast paced and introduced all new characters via a cameo. I thought that Juggernaut Drive should've been the last episode as it was the most awesome thing to happen before volume 7 (chichigami) but I'm just happy to have the Harem King back.

Also, Issei remembering Raynare isn't weird and He does that in the novels. That's what's holding him back from been in a relationship with Rías. Poor guy is traumatize and just doesn't believe his luck but no worries Akeno, Asia, koneko and Xenovia will help him out. And, I see it as a clear sign that TnK is going to animate a 4th season (LNs 8-10) next year. And, that's awesome because we went far too long without the Harem King.

So I guess episode 2 will setup the rating game (with Issei training and reaching Balance Breaker). Episode 3-4 Sitri vs Rias (with the tv interviews. Oppai Dragon Song!).

Let's hope TnK keeps doing a great job with DxD and Oppai!
Apr 6, 2015 10:56 PM
May 2014
My rocket is ready for take off

On a side note are light novels avaliable in book stores cause ever since they took down mahouka from baka ( since yen press decided to be a douche) I have been looking for some form, hand held or electronic
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

343 by YourAvarageGuy »»
Aug 18, 4:52 PM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2015

141 by RorySweeting »»
Apr 30, 1:55 AM

» Is Highschool DxD anti-religious?

Hotdogmaniac - Apr 5, 2015

39 by ANIMESOULSPIRIT »»
Apr 29, 1:49 PM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2015

144 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 10, 11:00 AM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2015

135 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 10, 9:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.