Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (24) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Mar 22, 2015 1:51 PM

Jan 2014
Glad that I picked this show up, I started watching expecting a normal slice-of-life show with lots of comedy, turns out it has more to offer. It might not be that amazing neither is it on another level in terms of drama, but it did great building the main characters for that last episode.

Sad to see that she couldn't tell Arima her feelings personally
9/10
Recommend me an anime
Mar 22, 2015 2:05 PM

Jan 2013
Really good show and really, really good final episode. That concert scene was so gorgeous. Even tough this wasn't what I expected it to be (ligh-hearted romcom) I enjoyed it a big deal, despite all the overly deep dialog. (Seriously, who talks like that?!) But it was sad. Oh so sad.
Mar 22, 2015 2:05 PM

Apr 2012
7/10. Nice visual (overall), nice music... slightly behind at characters and story wise.

goodbyedays said:
Who was the other girl that was in the picture kaori gave to arima? Is that just an extra character? If anybody knows please tell me. Thanks!

Emi?
Mar 22, 2015 2:11 PM

Sep 2014
_ClariS said:
43211 said:
Hmmm, I guess Kosei didnt collect enough green light orbs to make a miracle happen.

lol

nice one, lol
Mar 22, 2015 2:20 PM

Apr 2013
David Helfgott FTW!
Mar 22, 2015 3:12 PM

Jun 2007
PussyCatFromHell said:
I enjoyed it a big deal, despite all the overly deep dialog. (Seriously, who talks like that?!)

Is the dialogue a bit unnatural? Yes. Would you want to have a show like this where 14 year olds talked like 14 year olds all the time? God no.
Mar 22, 2015 4:47 PM

Jul 2011
YOUR FEELS IN APRIL ;__;
Mar 22, 2015 5:05 PM

May 2013
It's been a while since I cried so much. This anime was one of the most beautiful and great things I ever saw. It's animes like these that made me love watching in the first place.
Mar 22, 2015 5:35 PM

May 2014
Tsubaki's kick to theshin sucked as hell. Seriously, there's a point of break for violent girls in love. ...

Ah well 4/5 for episode, same for series. Good closure, we don't get this too often in anime.
Mar 22, 2015 6:49 PM

Mar 2011
SUNTEARS said:

goodbyedays said:
Who was the other girl that was in the picture kaori gave to arima? Is that just an extra character? If anybody knows please tell me. Thanks!

Emi?

This one, I dont think its emi
Mar 22, 2015 7:41 PM

Apr 2010
Wow the ending was really disappointing.I dont know, it just left me cold. Especially after the emotional build up. I expected to cry and in the end was just like ... meh.
Mar 22, 2015 7:44 PM

Aug 2013
after I think again about it, I'll drop to score to 7/10
the ending's not like an ending
I'm not satisfied
I still want to see if Kousei win the contest or not, what will he do for his future
screw Kaori, since the whole show is about Kousei development
Mar 23, 2015 12:36 AM

Mar 2010
Goatee said:
Haha, if she died its predictable. If she lives it's predictable. Characters are horrible and poorly written. Wasted potential. Does anybody watch anime for the sake of enjoyment anymore instead of scrounging for things to nitpick? This show used every bit of potential it had, don't kid yourself. Just because the author didn't tell the story you wanted to hear doesn't make the story any worse. The characters reminded me exactly Toradora, a show praised for its lovable characters. Kousei and Kaori had great chemistry as well as the three supporting characters.

People complain about Wataris lack of a complex story, but it doesn't need it. Watari was there as a tool for Kaori to get to Kousei, if you grow to attached to Watari when Kaori admits that she lied, you side with Watari which is a bad idea. The story was about Kousei, and his mental growth. He learned that even when you lose someone dear, there will be others who value you and your well being. I think the premise and execution was fantastic. If I had a complaint, it would be the artsy dialogues, those got a litter awkward at times but never were overdone. The art is beautiful, the animation is smooth and gorgeous, the soundtrack is the most underrated in years. For anyone who likes music and romance, watch this. But watch this with an open mind. Don't go into it with a shovel ready to dig into it as soon as you find a soft spot. Anime isn't about ratings or being right, its about looking for beauty in unexpected places. For me, I definitely found a ton of it here. 10/10

Well said. The show was beautiful. I thought it would be mostly well received but it seems to be otherwise in this discussion.

Well can't please everybody. 9/10 for me.
Mar 23, 2015 1:35 AM

Jan 2008
First half of the episode Kousei overdosed I think.
Thank God they decided to kill her off.
I really liked the way they pulled off the ending though - it was materfully done and really emotional (even though not so much for me since I hated Kaori but I can at least aknowledge it).
8/10 here.
Mar 23, 2015 1:55 AM

Sep 2014
Didn't really like it.
Characters aren't credible, the drama never stops, it was unpleasant to watch.
Constant flashbacks and the stupid childhood trauma didn't help either.
Kinda forced myself to see it through till the end.
Visually good though, especially the playing scene in last episode.
3/10 overall. not enjoyable for me
Mar 23, 2015 2:13 AM

Dec 2013
Beautiful anime, but it's only an 8 or 7 for me. Tsubaki ruined the last episodes for me.
Days need to be longer. 24 hours isn't enough ...
Mar 23, 2015 8:51 AM

Jun 2011
I hate my life.. ;_;

As an ending it sure didn't close up everything, now I hope the OVA does that. Some part of the episode felt really weird, like the part where light comes out of Kaori's chest, but overall it was beautiful. They could definitely use less of CGI though.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 23, 2015 9:21 AM

Jan 2014
10/10

I don't know how someone can give this serie an 1, that would have been impossible for me to even think of. Shame on you. The last episode was pretty much how I thought it was going to end, since they kinda showed you she was going to die but gave you a little hope. In the end it was a beautiful ending, a last confession of love. I do like watching love stories because it gives me the best way of enoying a good serie and this serie hit the spot! Beautiful from the start to the end.

I laughed, I cried and the same question after every good serie hits me... What to do now? Thats when I know, this was a masterpiece!!
Mar 23, 2015 2:10 PM

Jun 2010
too....much, cant handle :(
Mar 23, 2015 2:38 PM

Apr 2013
So yeah, I've been watching anime for about 3 years now and there hasn't been a show that could make me cry so much.

Still left me with the satisfying feeling of not wanting any more than the show ran for. This show's just too much though.

10/10, let's hope the writers create another masterpiece.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Mar 23, 2015 3:10 PM

Apr 2013
KLKfanboy said:
Didn't really like it.
Characters aren't credible, the drama never stops, it was unpleasant to watch.
Constant flashbacks and the stupid childhood trauma didn't help either.
Kinda forced myself to see it through till the end.
Visually good though, especially the playing scene in last episode.
3/10 overall. not enjoyable for me

It's a drama..... not a shounen with tons of action.

naitsss said:
10/10

I don't know how someone can give this serie an 1, that would have been impossible for me to even think of

A lot of people here will give it a 1 simply because they were expecting a giant robot to pop out of the ground and fuck shit up, which last time I checked doesn't happen in this show.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Mar 23, 2015 5:41 PM

Jul 2014
Too bad they skipped the reactions of the audience and Kousei's rivals. Oh well, it was still a great finale and that letter was truly heartbreaking.

I'm sure gonna miss it, 9/10.
Mar 23, 2015 10:43 PM
Nov 2012
Vanschia said:
after I think again about it, I'll drop to score to 7/10
the ending's not like an ending
I'm not satisfied
I still want to see if Kousei win the contest or not, what will he do for his future
screw Kaori, since the whole show is about Kousei development

I don't think if he wins or not nor the contest itself is really the point. It shows in the beginning how he was only focused on winning but as he progressed, he learnes it's not about winning. It's about getting his message across which he successfully does.

Also showing what he will do in the future i guess could be nice.. but isn't really neccessary. I think we get a good gist of the kind of person he is and will be in the future by the fact that he doesn't spiral back into post traumatic stress again and how he reacts to the letter in a bittersweet way.

P3TE said:
Too bad they skipped the reactions of the audience and Kousei's rivals. Oh well, it was still a great finale and that letter was truly heartbreaking.

I'm sure gonna miss it, 9/10.

I think they purposely skipped the audience's reaction because it is inferred that his message got through. I don't think they're supposed to cheer either because he played it in a bittersweet way. The cheering, if they were supposed to, would have also killed the mood.
Mar 24, 2015 2:27 AM

Mar 2009
They really killed her off, huh? What a cruel and sadistic anime. And now Kousei's stuck with Tsubaki? Dear lord. If I were Kousei, I'd just kill myself.

So, let's get this straight:

-Dude is horribly abused by his mother, causing him to become traumatized and unable to play the piano.

-Then he meets manic pixie dream girl who is oh, so perfect. She gets him back into playing the piano...by abusing and bullying him(even though the author's cool with this), lying to him, and messing with his mind.

-Then there's Kousei's friend Tsubaki who can't make up her god damn mind, acts unbelievably selfish throughout the entire series, and also bullies Kousei a lot.

-And let's not forget about Kousei's mom's friend, who comes running back to Kousei after he starts playing the piano again. Where the hell was she when the guy was deeply depressed? She abandoned him for a very long time.

-Near the middle of the show we're supposed to forgive Kousei's mother? Kousei moves past it(which, sure, can definitely happen to a person if they're able to work through their issues), but the show wants to paint her in a good light. "Oh, she was dying, so that changed her. Forgive her."

-The bullying and abuse eventually stops, and most of the rest of the show deals with the performances(best part of the show), stupid drama with Tsubaki, and Kaori's health deteriorating.

Listen, I felt a little bad about Kaori dying. She was a young girl, had her whole life ahead of her, was in love with Kousei, and was passionate about music. Getting struck down like that so early in her life...it's pretty sad.
However, her lying to Kousei about her health, and all the bullying in the beginning of the series...well, let's not deny she was a selfish person. Was she not aware of everything that Kousei had gone through? By entering his life, and subsequently dying, she could have had the effect of sending Kousei into an even deeper downward spiral. At the very least, why did she hold back the details of her health from him? And through it all, she was still really bratty to him.

This is why I think it's ultimately a cruel ending, and I completely disagree with the author's way of ending it by having her die. "Well, not every show has to have a happy ending! This is realistic!" No, this ending is forced and overly dramatic. In a way, there was really no point in her even entering his life with how the series came to an end. Basically, it's like the author's telling us, "I just wanted to make a tragic and sad story." Well, great. But it would have had a better message if she had survived.

Props to the wonderful performances in this show, and Tsubaki's friend who was actually a decent human being.
Mar 24, 2015 6:45 AM
Oct 2013
too much feels T_T ........nice ending.....just that it's too sad Kaori died! :'(
Mar 24, 2015 7:07 AM

Sep 2011
Won't forget it.
Mar 24, 2015 9:25 AM
Dec 2012
Holy Sh*t!!! This ending is fking beautiful!!! This is what you would call a Perfect Ending! I'm really glad that they didn't mess it up with some Deux Ex Machina. The animation when Kousei is playing the piano is marvelous! The last song performance for Koari when she's on her way to Heaven. Overload feels when I finally understand what the title of this anime means... The letter that Koari wrote teared me up... manly tears... Also, the picture she shot with Kousei in the background when she's 5 years old, mannnn. The life of a musician is tough. Didn't expect the ending 1 song would pop out. As a whole, this series is great.
GBSHITMALANDGNMar 26, 2015 5:51 PM
Mar 24, 2015 10:46 AM
Mar 2015
I cried my ass off. Absolutely loved it, though as others have said, it would've been more fitting to have her slowly disappear into the cherry blossoms, rather than having that big-ass light or whatever. And I wish they'd had some sort of moment before she passed away. The letter was beautiful, but isn't it kind of sad that she died without having kissed or been told "I love you" by the boy she's always loved? At least he held her on the roof, that was nice.

Also not a big fan of Tsubaki, I gotta say. You could sort of see hints all the way through that Kaori would die and that it would be a Tsubaki end but I never really found myself rooting for her. It's not that I dislike tomboyish girls or anything, but I just never felt that she and Kousei were good for each other.

It's also gotta suck trying to compete for a guy's heart with a dead girl. Like seriously, how is she supposed to win against that?
Mar 24, 2015 11:46 AM

Jul 2014
This is one of the most amazing anime i've ever watch right now, the story, characters, music, arts are overall amazing, i can say it's a masterpiece!!
i don't regret watching this anime at all!! :D
Mar 24, 2015 1:37 PM

Jul 2012
Damn. Beautiful. It's the third anime I ever cried to.
Mar 24, 2015 1:54 PM

Mar 2012
What is the main idea of this show?
"This is why you should steal your best friend's woman before it is too late."
This?

It was so boring. I'm glad it ended soon.
3/10
Mar 24, 2015 3:15 PM

Apr 2014
AhmedHan said:
What is the main idea of this show?
"This is why you should steal your best friend's woman before it is too late."
This?

It was so boring. I'm glad it ended soon.
3/10
lol
Mar 24, 2015 3:44 PM

Dec 2014
It was really beautiful.
So much feelings.
Such a good music.
Mar 24, 2015 5:19 PM

May 2013
9/10 ^_^
Mar 24, 2015 8:26 PM

Sep 2014
Really nice ending with Tsubaki.
Mirai, zura~!
Mar 24, 2015 10:23 PM

Nov 2014
Really touching ending. Lots of Feelings. Though, it's sad that Kaori had to die and they still didn't get to play together for another time.
SympathyRSMar 24, 2015 10:30 PM
Mar 24, 2015 10:50 PM

Dec 2014
Really good last episode. Saved the show for me.

It didn't bother me that Kaori died. Don't think this anime would have been that good if they went for a generic happy ending.
Mar 25, 2015 1:17 AM

Jun 2009
The premise was fantastic and I think I would've preferred this as a more laidback SoL that focuses on music and relationships instead of this heavy drama. Surely not perfect but still really liked it. Gets a 8/10 from me.

I also want Tsubaki x Kaori yuri hentai doujins. (Sorry about that. But it's true.)
Mar 25, 2015 1:36 AM

Dec 2012
That was the greatest performance yet, completely awe struck by the visuals and imagery used especially when Arima and Kaori began their farewell duet. I couldn't even hear my own breathing as the piece went on, as if it was demanding my utmost attention via completely deafening silence.

Kaori's death has been built up to this whole time, but it felt very sudden when it skipped to Arima receiving the letter from her parents. My mindset at that time was something like "Oh, she really died, imagine that. I guess it was...wait...what....no....don't....do this...to me.." It slowly sank in and the emotions began to leak out bit by bit throughout Kaori's farewell letter. It's as if my emotions were being led by a faint crescendo until it was overflowing and overwhelming.

The letter itself didn't say anything unexpected or unknown, but I really liked the bit about how Kaori began living life to the fullest. That she started to make the trivial, mundane things shine and become unforgettable. This message seems to keep coming back to me in anime and it's one I never want to forget either. Kaori was a storm that completely swept Arima off of his feet. I liked how Arima often described her as short tempered, violent, and poor mannered. But beautiful. It really humanized her character to see her behave like a normal girl, which gave her that extraordinary image.

It's not really that this series did anything groundbreaking with the story or characters or even the themes, but the execution was just phenomenal. The stunning visuals, the resounding music, the poetic monologues. The way the music took physical form and was able to seize all of my senses by force. By doing this, the music transformed the characters. It became freedom. Yes, I loved and ate up all of that melodrama as well. This is truly a work of art.

9.5/10, I'm really leaning either way right now. Less than a week away from April. Liar.
ZekkenshinMar 25, 2015 1:40 AM
Mar 25, 2015 3:52 AM

Aug 2014
omg, wtf
Mar 25, 2015 5:08 AM
Mar 2015
Worst ending!! She put all that hard work to get better but still died. He wasn't even that sad about it.
Mar 25, 2015 5:38 AM

Aug 2013
Roelm1 said:
Worst ending!! She put all that hard work to get better but still died. He wasn't even that sad about it.

The letter happened about 2-3 months after his performance, he had time to recover.
Had they shown what happened immediately after his performance, I think the feel would've been much harder.
Mar 25, 2015 5:51 AM

Jan 2012
Feels(=10)/10

Beautiful ending overall and amazing execution, but sadly again an anime that missed the opportunity to show at least a short timeskip for all characters in the ending.
Hope the OVA delivers a bit more of afterthoughts.

Also one of the very few anime that managed to let me cry, even if the ending was crystalclear expected.
Mar 25, 2015 6:31 AM

Jul 2013
Sad ending but it was really a good ending for this series because it's realistic. I expected that Kaori will not survive from the very start of the 2nd cour because of her illness but I didn't expect her past that she really admire Kousei when she's you'd and started to play violin to play with Kousei, watching him from a far then making a LIE to brought Kousei to her. That letter gave me feels. And that confession, don't forget me's and thank you's is sad. RIP Kaori :( This series is just wonderful.

I'm curious what will be the OVA is about..
"Anything is possible if you stop doubting yourself, so put some more faith unto you!"
Mar 25, 2015 9:06 AM

Jan 2014
What an amazing series it was...
Music encircles us.

10/10
Mar 25, 2015 11:16 AM

Mar 2014
one of the Greatest Anime seen in Story and I commend the author of this

Lesson learned, "Life is short, Live to the Fullest even if you Lied just to extend your life in a good way"

Originally I watched this because of classical music in it as the story goes the genre changes to Romance in the later part of the anime

This reminds me of White Album 2 anime ending, the way Tsubaki told to Arima of being together forever with me is almost the same in White Album 2
Mar 25, 2015 1:23 PM
Dec 2013
L3gEnDaRy said:
The feeelllsssssss 100/10
Mar 25, 2015 3:52 PM

Sep 2013
this is really difficult for me. i really loved the first ~15 episodes but then it just got a lot more weird and depressing. this anime is far from perfect but i will remember it for a long time i guess.
Mar 25, 2015 8:53 PM

Mar 2009
Kaori was so cute as a child! >_<
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Mar 25, 2015 10:53 PM
Jan 2015
I didn't like it. Too expected, too cheerful. Don't get me wrong, the series is magnificant, but the end was too expected. This is a tragedy, im supposed to be crying, not going "well yeah I kinda expected that". I know many wont agree because they are fans of lovey dovey endings, but if it was me I would have delayed the school finals score for Tsubaki Sawabe until the day of the concert. Then when she gets the news she got a 'D', she goes to the concert and realizes two things. One, Arima's performance has gotten him into the music school (she cant follow because of the 'D') and two, that he will never get over Kaori Miyazono. That night after Kaoris death, Arima starts playing a mournfull tune on the paino. Driven to tears by her situation and the sad piano she can hear from her window, Tsubaki hangs herself. Appalled by the scenario he hears about the next day Ryōta Watari is unable to confront Arima and avoids him. Arima has now lost everyone and everything in his life, and has reached the Devils Path of piano. he recedes back into his emotionless state, except when on stage, where his story pours out of him - dumbfounding the audience. He has nothing left, nothing but his piano.
Pages (24) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2015

351 by Grady-Gmoney_199 »»
Jul 2, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

334 by jaidev0206 »»
Jun 30, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2015

235 by goodbyesekai »»
Jun 24, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

362 by ejleon »»
Jun 18, 3:21 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2014

412 by ejleon »»
Jun 18, 11:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.