Pages (12) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 »
Jan 24, 2022 9:13 AM

Jul 2021
Evolved_KiR4T said:
People are finally realizing that sexualization of children is wrong 🗿
absolutely correct.............
Jan 24, 2022 9:14 AM

May 2020
Fanservice is what an author uses when he knows the script or the characters are not enough to keep the audience interested for more than a few minutes in small quantities.
Fanservice helps in spicing things up but most of the times when it is used it's only filling in for the lack of actual content in many cases the script is so lazy that the PLOT becomes more important than the actual plot.
Most of the times it is perversion masked as comedy it will be saying or showing something erotic only immediately afterwards take it away as a joke this way it excites the viewer and also gets away scot-free by excusing it has not been serious about it. Although making a joke out of perversion makes it more accessible and easier to talk about it with others it is still perversion that eventually needs to be addressed seriously if your fondness of a show that has lots of it is also supposed to be taken seriously.

And that's the thing what is a serious fanservice?
It's definitely not high art or a deconstruction as many often mention to excuse their fondness of it is since it's there just to attract attention and not to make a point.
Attracting attention is not a sexual liberation or woman empowerment its objectification.
We do not see a dynamic woman with many positive traits we see a woman who has no other way to attract attention besides her sexuality.
Worth individuals stand out by the value of their actions not their looks. If their appearance is distracting then we don't see their traits because we get distracted. Excuses of the sort well it's not going to sell otherwise does not a change what it is it might be a necessary evil but it's still evil. It's not been selling that much anyways. Just like everything else fanservice can become saturated when overused. If every character in every show tries to attract attention with bare skin than the audience will eventually get fed up because it becomes commonplace.

As for those who try to excuse even that as there is nothing wrong with fanservice people have different tastes that is relativism if nothing is good or bad then what is the point of addressing anything it's just going to be an excuse for wasting your time.
It's not wish fulfillment because it rarely fulfills any wishes. It's not part of a narrative it rarely adds to content it's just something thrown in for the fans so therefore it's more of a teaser to something that never becomes a substantial.
If it was part of a narrative or substantial it wouldn't be called fanservice to begin with it would be called a hentai or a doujin since it gives you exactly what you expect and doesn't fool around with only teasing and comedy.

It's also damaging to characterization it not only doesn't add anything to a person it is also taking away credibility from them. As much as it's a mistake to judge a character based on appearances alone clothes are still telling you how you're supposed to perceive someone. We are wearing what makes us feel comfortable and how we want to be treated by those who are looking at us.
When a character likes to dress in a slutty way the audience will perceive said character to be a slut. The easiest solution to this issue is to simply accept funservice to the point you don't mind it or ignore it altogether and focus on what matters. But the tunnel vision doesn't fix the problem it will still be there giving a bad image to any series that uses it a lot as well as being what constantly renews the community with more shallow thirsty males instead of critical thinkers. It makes us look bad and stupid as a whole.
Jan 24, 2022 9:14 AM

Jul 2021
because the characters affected by these fanservice are underaged children. They need parental care at this age but not some adult simps
Jan 24, 2022 9:16 AM

Dec 2020
Honestly I don't care either way. Anime isn't real. Therefore, I don't care about sexualization of characters who do not exist.

Anime is a means of escapism, and if there's someone who channels their fantasies by getting off to Lolis, instead of actual kids, that's obviously better. That's how I see it, anyhow. Sure, in a utopian society we wouldn't have sexualization of anything, but that's just how the world works.

Fanservice is just that: service for people who like it, an annoyance for those who don't, and a 5-minute waste of time for everyone else.
"Did you forget already? In my word the color "red" doesn't exist. These must be...my tears. Ever since I woke up from my coma...I think I've been waiting for this very moment. You'd do well to remember this, Maya. The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over."
(Ace Attorney T&T: Bridge to the Turnabout)
"I'm my worst critic." (Kendrick Lamar)
Jan 24, 2022 9:16 AM

Apr 2019
TarikOnPC said:
Evolved_KiR4T said:
People are finally realizing that sexualization of children is wrong 🗿
absolutely correct.............
Enter the self-proclaimed White Knigths of the Order of Our Virgin Mary again. We already know that, is it possible to discuss sexuality in anime without a guilt ridden l-word posting popping up? We had 2 train wreck threads of that type this week already ...

Jan 24, 2022 9:18 AM

Jan 2008
TarikOnPC said:
because the characters affected by these fanservice are underaged children. They need parental care at this age but not some adult simps

Someone will say they are just drawings and not real people so that makes it OK if the character is underage.

To which to them I ask why do the boobs and panty shots turn you on then if it's just a drawing?
Jan 24, 2022 9:20 AM

Mar 2020
Goalshunter said:
Tendo_GM said:
There’s nothing wrong with fanservice.
You’re just misinterpreting what the threads are actually about…
The problem with fanservice is that it downgrades the quality of the plot in the show that it’s present in, there’s nothing wrong with perversion, the problem is that the plot has to encompass the situation of the fanservice and set up those situations. That directly means that the plot is interested in providing perverted pleasure instead of a meaningful plot, it’s a direct down grade of the writing when you have 2-3 chapters of a manga dedicated to just setting up a fanservice scene.

That's actually the old points that were said about fanservice in regards to narration quality, and that were actually right.

But i think that the OP is referring to the new people that can't see just one scene of a girl in a bikini without going full mad Wojak about how it's intrisically wrong and other stuff.

That may be the case, hut he didn’t specify.
He mentioned the forums that are talking about it rn, the only thing that comes to mind are the My Dress-up Darling forums with these topics.
Jan 24, 2022 9:22 AM

Apr 2019
UberBat said:
TarikOnPC said:

Someone will say they are just drawings and not real people so that makes it OK if the character is underage.

To which to them I ask why do the boobs and panty shots turn you on then if it's just a drawing?
Because ... biology. Both can be true at the same time. It's just a drawing, no existing person was hurt or or had their rights violated. And of course art can be sexy, big boob figurines older than 20,000 years exist.

=> Apples vs. Oranges debate. Which leads nowhere.

Jan 24, 2022 9:23 AM
Jul 2020
1. uncomfortable but still can watch.
2. kill the mood. when the story getting good, eh suddenly panty shot, zoom on the boobs wth. unnecessary(i cant spell) fanservice really kills the mood tbh but if the character being design like that(like daki) idc bc no jiggling while fighting.
Jan 24, 2022 9:24 AM

Dec 2021
I like pizza.
I like cats.
I do not like cats baked into my pizza.

I like "serious" anime.
I (occasionally) like fanservice.
I do not like fanservice mixed in "serious" anime.

Fanservice when used properly can be fine, but anime too frequently uses it as a bandaid to try and cover up their terrible and unoriginal stories, characters, and narratives.
Jan 24, 2022 9:27 AM

Jul 2021
UberBat said:
TarikOnPC said:

.............................................................................................................
Jan 24, 2022 9:30 AM

Jul 2021
inim said:
UberBat said:

Because ... biology. Both can be true at the same time. It's just a drawing, no existing person was hurt or or had their rights violated. And of course art can be sexy, big boob figurines older than 20,000 years exist.

so you are telling me that if you want to do something immoral and do anything that is harmful to the society, then just do it through some fictional characters and later come up with the cause that that they eren't real?
Do you really think that people will just complain abut real life characters abuse. Obviously these all are impurifying human minds. It is even more than pathetic that they are finally putting some animated characters to show their nasty side
Jan 24, 2022 9:33 AM

Sep 2021
TarikOnPC said:
inim said:

so you are telling me that if you want to do something immoral and do anything that is harmful to the society, then just do it through some fictional characters and later come up with the cause that that they eren't real?
Do you really think that people will just complain abut real life characters abuse. Obviously these all are impurifying human minds. It is even more than pathetic that they are finally putting some animated characters to show their nasty side

you seem really mad in the topic comments lol
Jan 24, 2022 9:35 AM

Jul 2021
work1ngondying said:
TarikOnPC said:

you seem really mad in the topic comments lol
ok bro.
just found no pint in what he said. if you see me mad then ok. but you know what people should really know someone's background before commenting about them. You should have read my profile.
Jan 24, 2022 9:36 AM

Apr 2019
TarikOnPC said:
inim said:

TarikOnPC said:
inim said:

In democracies we don't tell other adults what to do when there are no victims. Your messiah complex to "purify society" is seriously dangerous autocratic thinking. Fortunately freedom of art and speech are high constitutional values in my country. Maybe your argument flies in Afghanistan, but certainly not in liberal democracies. And who are you to tell others what is "right"? What makes you think your morals are superior to mine or anybody else's?

Jan 24, 2022 9:40 AM

May 2009
work1ngondying said:
hey ladies and gentlemen im going to talk about fanservice why are there suddenly so many fanservice topics being created i dont really care about fanservice that much but the people who start making topics about that is at least younger than 13 i guess nowadays people cant handle seeing a women's chest the same people complaining have never been in the vicinity of a women and yes i know sometimes fanservice can go overboard but just grow the fuck up

> why are there suddenly so many fanservice topics being created

because thread topic fad

it comes and goes

like the arguing about elitism fad

or the subs vs. dubs fad

etc.

also ironically you added to it lol
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Jan 24, 2022 9:41 AM

Jul 2021
inim said:
TarikOnPC said:
TarikOnPC said:
In democracies we don't tell other adults what to do when there are no victims. Your messiah complex to "purify society" is seriously dangerous autocratic thinking. Fortunately freedom of art and speech are high constitutional values in my country. Maybe your argument flies in Afghanistan, but certainly not in liberal democracies. And who are you to tell others what is "right"? What makes you think your morals are superior to mine or anybody else's?
did you just go on a adrenaline rush or got beten from your mother?
it was a peaceful conversation. i do not even feel about arguing with you as i do not see it that way in the first case.
i do not mind to change the world nor i can stop you from raping young girls, which you have already committed.. the world can go any where it likes. But nobody can change me. this is a public discussion thread. everybody will give their opinions. i gave mine. now if your little butt is offended by thinking me as a messiah who is going against you it is totally your problem. stay in your delusions. and i will still continue with my own point.

Jan 24, 2022 9:44 AM

Apr 2019
TarikOnPC said:
inim said:
did you just go on a adrenaline rush or got beten from your mother?
it was a peaceful conversation. i do not even feel about arguing with you as i do not see it that way in the first case.
i do not mind to change the world nor i can stop you from raping young girls, which you have already committed.. the world can go any where it likes. But nobody can change me. this is a public discussion thread. everybody will give their opinions. i gave mine. now if your little butt is offended by thinking me as a messiah who is going against you it is totally your problem. stay in your delusions. and i will still continue with my own point.

I'm a middle aged man and my mother is approaching 80 years soon. She won't beat me. There are actual adults in this forum, and it would be good if you stopped behaving as if you were on the school yard of a backwoods high school in some autocratic country.

Jan 24, 2022 9:49 AM

Jun 2016
Lmao its just thing to rake most internet brownie points that's why most people who like projecting and are virtue signalling talk about it, since its hot and selling people are itching to find it and just crucify it with anyone who likes it and most woke/sjw go against as they are the ones who just want to feel relevant in today's meta so they go after boobs, cleavage, sexualisation etc.

Sexualisation is wrong but how about first try and correct other places where real sexualisation is happening then attacking anime and its watcher may come across that you are really worried right now its just people who are puritan and acting on their belief system and thinking this is wrong because they
find it wrong, nothing annoys me more than someone acting like a fuckin puritan but do all the bullshit and tries to act self righteous.

For me i only enjoy fan service if it's done in moderation and yeah mostly grown ass women, never liked loli or its fan service or any fan service which is trying too hard to show boobs and asses as it never piqued my interest but i never attack people who do enjoy it so they can do whatever they want from their life and i can do mine.

No fan service in serious anime
Fan service in goofy anime is perfectly fine, like konosuba.
Tats_Spill_TeaJan 24, 2022 9:56 AM
2023 might be the year where I will be happy. This year is not happy year.
Jan 24, 2022 9:52 AM
Stellaron Hunter

Oct 2020
Hating fanservice is popular among normies and woke twitter crowd.
Conservatives being sex negative traditionally don't have favorable views on fanservice either.
The other group that hates fanservice are elitist.
I blame anitubers for popularizing "Anime Is Trash And so Am I" idea where every anime that has fanservice is automatically viewed as inferior and trashy.
HelltakerJan 24, 2022 10:06 AM
Incessant Rain

“Can you let me have some fun this time?”

Jan 24, 2022 9:56 AM
Jul 2018
Because it's often extremely misplaced and I think a lot of it is quite... childish? Juvenile? It's absolutely okay to like it ofc, but I hate how it's shoved in otherwise normal shounen like Fire Force etc, where I would have been interested in the premise, but some elements really destroyed it for me, especially the fanservice and the (imo) awfully written girls.

A lot of fanservice and ecchi anime also seem to be ashamed of themselves, that's why they have such stupid situations like panty shots and nosebleeds and teenagers going hysterical and screaming over the littlest shit.

Give me actual sexual and erotic content in between and sparks flying and all ... or don't give me any at all. Don't give me something that wants to be horny and sexual, but is often ashamed of itself to the point, where it's so ashamed of itself that even the characters show signs of feeling forced into these situations too lol.

Btw, the sexiest scene of the last seasons from anime I have seen, has been this one from The Case Study of Vanitas:

That's more erotic than like ... 95 % of ecchi and fanservice-heavy shows think they are / wish they could be. xD
removed-userJan 24, 2022 10:35 AM
Jan 24, 2022 10:04 AM

Jan 2022
MALstinks said:
weak people hate fanservice strong people love futa

mfs like you love Fanserice or Futa whatever that's shit called.
Jan 24, 2022 10:12 AM
Oct 2020
Fanservice is an unnecessary distraction in a genuinely good anime. If it's ecchi then it's acceptable
Jan 24, 2022 10:15 AM

Feb 2020
Reshiram_IX said:
CyborgSaber said:
Hate to say it but people that complain about fanservice aren't the ones that need to grow up. There are plenty of people on this site and in the anime community that act way more childish. It's the people that can't accept others opinions that truly need to grow up or the One Piece and Attack on Titan fans that are downvoting each other also need to grow up. Most fanservice complaints I see are that of underage characters being sexualized. People that complain about fanservice don't bother me I think it's perfectly fine to not like fanservice and the context of some fanservice is disturbing and cringe.
Why do I keep seeing this? Since when were One Piece fans downvoting AoT?

I don't know the full story but from my understanding this one piece Twitter account with over a thousand followers asked their followers to downvote aot and I guess it spread around. So the mature aot fans retaliated by doing the same thing to one piece.
Jan 24, 2022 10:17 AM

Dec 2019
CyborgSaber said:
Hate to say it but people that complain about fanservice aren't the ones that need to grow up. There are plenty of people on this site and in the anime community that act way more childish. It's the people that can't accept others opinions that truly need to grow up or the One Piece and Attack on Titan fans that are downvoting each other also need to grow up. Most fanservice complaints I see are that of underage characters being sexualized. People that complain about fanservice don't bother me I think it's perfectly fine to not like fanservice and the context of some fanservice is disturbing and cringe.

Characters ages don’t matter, they’re drawings and you can either ignore it or stop watching. It’s like, they’re not gonna get rid of it and you know you’re gonna get mad when you see it yet you continue to watch it, how does that make sense?
Jan 24, 2022 10:28 AM

Feb 2020
gurochanuser said:
CyborgSaber said:

Characters ages don’t matter, they’re drawings and you can either ignore it or stop watching. It’s like, they’re not gonna get rid of it and you know you’re gonna get mad when you see it yet you continue to watch it, how does that make sense?

It really doesn't matter if they are drawings yes but it's the context of the content. People especially younger people are influenced by what they see. Granted it a rare case but there is that one person that will be influenced by this. Characters age do 100% matter so you would not have a problem if they where like 5? As long as they drawings right?

I also never understood the ignore it or stop watching so some people aren't allowed to have a problems with something. I'm sure that no one has never complained about anything in their life including you.

That's why people drop something but they also have every right to voice their opinions on the matter. That's called an opinion for a reason.

Some defenders of this topic make no sense.
Jan 24, 2022 10:30 AM
Dec 2019
inim said:
Far fewer people hate service than MAL threads suggest, see sales figures and popularity of seasonals for details. People just like BITCHING about it as a way to deal with the guilt they feel about liking it. Same effect as with pulp fiction (nobody reads) or McDonalds (where nobody eats).

Don't listen to the hypocrite posers and their "look at me, I hate soft porn!" threads. Just look at with what high level of detailed knowledge they discuss what they allegedly hate, and laugh.

Do you think that everyone that proclaims they hate fanservice actually like it, or only those that are loud about it?

On a separate note, please list five decent anime that have prominent fanservice, because I think, regardless of causation, anime with fanservice tends to be bad.
Jan 24, 2022 10:33 AM

Sep 2020
People are just Stop being horny And reading Berserk
Jan 24, 2022 10:35 AM

Oct 2013
IMO It's just an elitist mindset.

Fanservice=cheap entertainment

Therefore

People who like cheap entertainment (fanservice )= are of small minds

I'm a smart and intellectual person, therefore I cannot like cheap entertainment (fanservice)

Is probably their train of thought
Jan 24, 2022 10:36 AM

Nov 2019
Tannhauser said:
movies like Fast & Furious since reckless driving hurts more people than any amount of "sexualization" can ever hope to.

Baldness is no kidding matter, not gonna lie.
SgtBateManJan 24, 2022 10:40 AM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Jan 24, 2022 10:43 AM

Feb 2011
dadnaya said:
IMO It's just an elitist mindset.

Fanservice=cheap entertainment

Therefore

People who like cheap entertainment (fanservice )= are of small minds

I'm a smart and intellectual person, therefore I cannot like cheap entertainment (fanservice)

Is probably their train of thought

I'm inclined to agree, although I think many other kinds exist too, like the ones who are embarrassed to get caught watching fan-service around others, thus they want it didn't exist in the first place.
Jan 24, 2022 10:47 AM

Feb 2011
SgtBaitMan said:
Tannhauser said:
movies like Fast & Furious since reckless driving hurts more people than any amount of "sexualization" can ever hope to.

Baldness is no kidding matter, not gonna lie.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if people stressing over non-issues like fan-service in anime would get bald. It's not healthy to obsess over something one passionately dislikes.
Jan 24, 2022 11:00 AM

Apr 2019
Recynon said:
inim said:
Far fewer people hate service than MAL threads suggest, see sales figures and popularity of seasonals for details. People just like BITCHING about it as a way to deal with the guilt they feel about liking it. Same effect as with pulp fiction (nobody reads) or McDonalds (where nobody eats).

Don't listen to the hypocrite posers and their "look at me, I hate soft porn!" threads. Just look at with what high level of detailed knowledge they discuss what they allegedly hate, and laugh.

Do you think that everyone that proclaims they hate fan service actually like it, or only those that are loud about it?
Disliking anything is equal and proper taste and I'm completely confident you'll find all shades in an audience of millions on MAL. The difference is how vocal and aggressive people are about it. My guess is that the vast majority of people who don't like fan service neither watch ecchi anime nor participate in threads discussing them. Within the thread creators I'd discriminate between two types.

Type One are hapless kids exposed to (soft) porn for the first time in their life. Each day a child turns 12 and finds their first media and is shocked by the fact that outside their protected children's world a sex industry exists, and every adult can buy live action or animated porn, or just irl prostitutes. Hentai is a billion dollar industry in Japan. There is no real solution for this type, it's a moment everybody of us has to get trough: my first porn. Later you can smile and tell your grand children, who will be bored because this was a crappy drawing and not the latest 4D-odor-feelomatic hot shit they have.

Then there are the White Knights. Just like closet homosexuals ,religious fanatics and SJW from the extremist left and right, they are compensating the burning pain of guilt and their conflicting feelings. While I pity them psychologically, they are often political and messiah complex driven. It's important to me to raise my voice and call a spade a spade on them. Sexuality is nothing that must be abused by extremists to attack liberal democracy and it's decisions. It's painful to defend some shows because I'm as disgusted as they are, but I will fight tooth and nail for the right of nauseating animated porn to exist legally. Because censorship and discrimination of minorities is even more painful to me.

Recynon said:
On a separate note, please list five decent anime that have prominent fan service, because I think, regardless of causation, anime with fan service tends to be bad.
I've already given three examples with well done fan service. Prison School, High School of the Dead, Kiss x Sis are turning up the tropes to eleven. Other favorites include Interspecies Reviewers, Nisemonogatari, Mahouromatic, Golden Boy and so on. I don't like harem and school settings, none of these is of that type.
inimJan 24, 2022 11:47 AM

Jan 24, 2022 11:05 AM

Dec 2019
CyborgSaber said:
gurochanuser said:

It really doesn't matter if they are drawings yes but it's the context of the content. People especially younger people are influenced by what they see. Granted it a rare case but there is that one person that will be influenced by this. Characters age do 100% matter so you would not have a problem if they where like 5? As long as they drawings right?

I also never understood the ignore it or stop watching so some people aren't allowed to have a problems with something. I'm sure that no one has never complained about anything in their life including you.

That's why people drop something but they also have every right to voice their opinions on the matter. That's called an opinion for a reason.

I would not have a problem even if they are 5, I am a lolicon although I do not like actual children because I’m aware there’s a difference between fiction and reality even in the appearance of the characters.
Jan 24, 2022 11:13 AM

Dec 2019
If I wanted to watch softcore hentai, then I would, and I do not want to do that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2022 11:23 AM

Jun 2021
cause it's unnecessary and sometimes even pedpholic and cringy
i just hate it .
cyyborggggFeb 13, 2022 2:44 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2022 11:24 AM

Feb 2020
gurochanuser said:
CyborgSaber said:

I would not have a problem even if they are 5, I am a lolicon although I do not like actual children because I’m aware there’s a difference between fiction and reality even in the appearance of the characters.

Um ok cool I guess. Just because you can separate the two doesn't mean others can. I feel like we should not be feeding pedophiles with this type of content.
Jan 24, 2022 11:32 AM

Apr 2018
Reasons why everyone hates the anime community above ^^^

I personally like shows that can stand on their own without having to show an underaged girl's breasts every second.

Fanservice also tends to degrade a show's quality. Made in Abyss and Mushoku Tensei would be much better shows if they had less pedo fanservice shit
Jan 24, 2022 11:33 AM

Jul 2019
I think it was some huge cringe or something like that.
Jan 24, 2022 11:33 AM

Oct 2009
CyborgSaber said:
Um ok cool I guess. Just because you can separate the two doesn't mean others can. I feel like we should not be feeding pedophiles with this type of content.

Is there any actual link to the two because I can't see any. If you don't like such content then don't watch it. The characters are not real so issues of lack of consent are not applicable.
Jan 24, 2022 11:35 AM
Jun 2020
i thought people loved f*nservice

unedited edit: ah, turns out people do. so haram. literally, the same people that love the #### #, literally craving for nsfw and l*wd things; my life has been ruined, no remorse soever, ######, behave yourselves.

(no offense was suggested in any way, do be wary)
Jan 24, 2022 11:47 AM

Dec 2019
CyborgSaber said:
gurochanuser said:

Most lolicons DO call out actual pedophiles when they find them in our communities, if these people can’t differentiate reality from fiction maybe they shouldn’t be watching anime.
Jan 24, 2022 12:03 PM

Apr 2019
CyborgSaber said:
Just because you can separate the two doesn't mean others can. I feel like we should not be feeding pedophiles with this type of content.
Not "we" are "feeding" them. They mutually feed each other, birds of a feather. Children under 18 who aren't fully able to cope with hard porn are usually protected by their parents, but those more often than not fail at it. From many court rulings in democracies it's clear that freedom of expression trumps almost all other rights. It's the First Amendment for a reason.

In Germany we use a more subtle system to control difficult media, and that's strict advertising and sales regulation. There are hardly any full bans (called confiscation cases) for media here, only very extreme forms of realistic sexualized violence qualify. Cartoons never qualify, i.e. Legend of the Overfiend was not good enough for that type of ban. What we do instead is to put questionable titles on a list of media which must not be advertised in places children have access too, e.g. Amazon can't list them.

This leads to a situation where small, specialized media distributors with strict age control are free to sell any media on that "b-list" to any adult on request. They also can have adult login only distribution sites. This way both the rights of minorities with strongly deviant taste and the protection of children are accomplished. Win-Win. Outright bans to "protect the children and society" is a slippery slope abused too often in history. Germany with our Nazi past avoids to ever again burn books and other media. One "Entartete Kunst" incident every 100 years is enough.

Jan 24, 2022 12:06 PM
Jan 2022
Somtimes with the case of fairy tale and seven deadly sins it gets annoyiog
Jan 24, 2022 12:13 PM

Feb 2016
People has been tainted by twitter's snowflakes, that's why.

It actually depends on the anime, fanservice is alright as long as it doesn't affect the narrative. (and as long as you don't try to apply modern logic to a made up world lmao)
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jan 24, 2022 12:18 PM

Sep 2018
Some complain about fanservice, most of the threads are actually created by people who are not prepubescents or gross man-children and dislike the sexualization of little kids and complain (or in my case, teach) about the fanservice in these shows (latest example, Akebi-chan). And don't @ me with "hurr hurr, you have Monogatari in your faves, hurr hurr", same thinking applies here as well.

Some of these MAL rules need a complete overhaul by the way. I don't agree that threads pertaining these "controversial" topics are not allowed/locked. It can be locked if the thread goes off the rails or simply delete the troll posts from the thread instead of nuking the whole thing. There are plenty of mods here.

Very disappointed that my enlightening thread was locked.
GakutoDeathGlareJan 24, 2022 12:22 PM
Jan 24, 2022 12:21 PM
Jul 2018
CyborgSaber said:

It's fine to not like fanservice. But a lot of these people are pretty annoying about frequently bringing up discussions about why they dislike fanservice and questioning other people for liking it. I would respect their opinions more if some of them heard each side of the argument rather than dividing people with their views. And often times they don't seek discussion rather than calling out to people who support their opinions. It's true that there are other groups in the anime community that could be more mature. But comparing which group is the most problematic doesn't really excuse or negate faults rather than cherry-picking which people you're willing to ignore.
Jan 24, 2022 12:27 PM

Nov 2008
It's mostly virtue signaling with some that do not like fanservice for reasons other than faux morality.

Jan 24, 2022 12:35 PM

Sep 2021
AdolZeppeli said:
People has been tainted by twitter's snowflakes, that's why.

It actually depends on the anime, fanservice is alright as long as it doesn't affect the narrative. (and as long as you don't try to apply modern logic to a made up world lmao)

thank god japan doesn't listen to its viewers from the west or else twitter would have ruined everything
Jan 24, 2022 12:36 PM

Jun 2017
CyborgSaber said:
gurochanuser said:

What do we feed them, then? The problem isn't that they get an outlet for their desires. It's the good part. The people themselves won't ever be gone, so this is about the best we can do for them. And for society as a whole.

Also, the number of people in anime fanbases that actually like irl children are just a fraction of the entire community, and the ones that act on those desires number even less, and having fantasies helps them. At least I haven't come across anyone claiming to like children or seeing the backlash they would experience. Aren't youtubers completely unrelated to anime likelier to end up like that? Should we ban all youtubers, then, or what do you suggest? Because the problem is more prominent there than it is here.

Also, there was the whole craze about people marking the times where a 'good' shot of a child was in an otherwise harmless youtube video. Do we ban those, too? Just ban everything that is related to children? Where do we draw the line?

It's a problem, but not something that is 'fed' by fanservice. It's what can keep it from becoming something worse.
Pages (12) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 »

More topics from this board

» Is "talk no jutsu" pure talent or one can train at it?

Catalano - Today

10 by mo_lave »»
5 minutes ago

» Would you watch a gender swapped version of One piece?

RedTea33 - Yesterday

19 by FedeMetal »»
15 minutes ago

» What was an anime that sucked compared to their original source?

zkl - Today

22 by Lucifrost »»
20 minutes ago

Poll: » what is your stance on "i don't wanna watch that anime, the art style sucks" ? ( 1 2 3 )

ame - May 29

110 by Kenzolo-folk »»
36 minutes ago

» Evangelion sucks

brainburger - Jun 20

49 by SuperAdventure »»
58 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.