Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 15, 2015 3:01 PM

Aug 2014
My dream that he will end upp with Eiri is as good as lost. Just watching the intro and the show it´s obvious what girl he´s going with (if there will be one).

Like the show but romance plot is boring when you see the answer the first episode. The only show that fooled me is mashiro iro symphony.
Jan 15, 2015 3:07 PM

Jun 2014
Stop with the "seeing beautiful girl while cherry blossom petals fall"

Jan 15, 2015 3:12 PM
Jul 2018
I loved the fact that the "main girl" showed up in a lot of scenes, including by MC's side on the ceremony. Truly a background character
Jan 15, 2015 3:21 PM

Oct 2012
Sweet references!
Menma! :p

That was actually a pretty good episode, more interesting then I thought it would be.
Also pretty stereotypical though.
Still.. There is something about it that is different from a lot of harems, maybe its the art or something but i think this one is going to be different and thats why so many people are watching it.

Lets hope it doesn't disappoint!
Jan 15, 2015 3:23 PM

Dec 2011
Kato is just like Kuroko (Kuroko no Basuke)... she is really portrayed to be a true background character with almost no existence. Seriously loving the art... and I think they poured most of the budget animating Utaha's leg stockings. >.<

I love it so much. The only thing I can probably hate is the ear-grating voice of Yoshitshugu Matsuoka. He is literally everywhere... I guess it is expected that A1 anime will always freaking have him. Oh well. I'll try not to hate him so much since he will voice Souma of the upcoming Shokugeki no Soma anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2015 3:26 PM

Jul 2014
Remember the first couple of lines in episode 0?

"Come now, that's your top recommendation, Sawamura-san? Isn't that a lame harem anime that was packed with panty shots fand nudity right from episode 1? I'm ashamed that I stuck with it through episode 3."

"By any metric, that was an epic anime! The artwork was consistent from beginning to end, the motion was fluid, and the girls in it were all super cute!"

"You do realize it's the people who worship any anime with good artwork as a classic who are behind the decline of the anime industry, don't you?"

"No, it's because of smug people like you, who criticize shows based on preconceived notions because they can't be bothered to watch the whole thing!"

I literally had this hunch the first time hearing that dialogue, and then seeing how the episode played out, that episode 1 would make a complete 180 in style, hence the entire "criticize shows based on preconceived notions because they can't be bothered to watch the whole thing!".

This.Show.Is.Too.META!!!
Jan 15, 2015 3:33 PM

Jul 2010
Oh look, Eriri is exactly the type of character i hate on.
Not sure if i'm going to continue watching this if next 2-3 episodes are on same level as this one, but i will try to do it for Kato.
Jan 15, 2015 3:47 PM

Dec 2014
I like little things like Tomoya got Eriri's hair in his mouth, and the prize tag showing the 8% sales tax on the melon bun package, they have nothing to do with the story but I just like them, seems like the production team is having fun rather than just trying to meet the deadline.

The whole premise feel like Fumiaki Maruto had no idea how to write a LN, which he is, so he take the easiest way to just incorporate everything he is good at and known for, VN. But for this episode there is little to no reference to any title that you would think for this "meta" show there would be at least a couple just to grab your attention.

It's dry for the most part, and the group dynamic doesn't feel that special and the characters are, frankly, quite bland, especially Tomoya, since he is the reason that why the whole thing happens in the first place I expect he would be mildly interesting and has more charm that what we have right now, just a hardcore otaku, and I don't think that is enough to carry the story. Standard for LN, but I expect a little more from Maruto.
raveninthemuddleJan 15, 2015 3:55 PM
Jan 15, 2015 3:52 PM

Apr 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:
And that's the REAL start of this series.

I know people are going to start the shipping wars, but this is one of those few series where I like all the main heroines.
yeah, same feelings.

This hasn't happened since Haganai
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jan 15, 2015 4:05 PM

Apr 2012
OppaiLord said:
Eriri = shit. Damn i hate this tsundere chars..

You also have Bleach on your favourite manga list, so your opinion is invalid.
Jan 15, 2015 4:13 PM

May 2012
Did anybody see the figurines on the shelf?! SAO?
"Knowing more means having more shit to deal with, you know"
- Hikigaya Hachiman

Jan 15, 2015 4:37 PM

Jan 2011
Leg service the animation....not that i'm complaining ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

i might actually enjoy this maybe
Jan 15, 2015 4:38 PM

Sep 2014
Seems pretty good. I'm glad he's not gonna for all the girls who treat him like crap.
Jan 15, 2015 4:44 PM

Dec 2013
I'm jelly of his SAO model collection... and all those Light Novels on his shelf!

Eri did a twin-tail attack. I was hoping it would look a bit more like when Dekomori does it but, oh well....

Overall a good start to the season (I don't count Episode 0 as the start, it was more of a 12.5 episode anyway)
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jan 15, 2015 5:04 PM

Jan 2014
zat-bust said:
Stop with the "seeing beautiful girl while cherry blossom petals fall"
Thats what they did if you actually watched the episode,thats the joke ...>_<

Bakken said:
I think I'm gonna enjoy this.
llcruz said:
Those stockings... holy shit, can't take my eyes of them.
(Especially compared to other shows this season)this will be good...
LoneWizzyJan 15, 2015 5:09 PM
Jan 15, 2015 5:16 PM

Aug 2013
Gonna watch this for Utaha and Kato.
Jan 15, 2015 5:16 PM
Dec 2010
Love the animation, the plot could be interesting if they manage to avoid the usual generic plot points, and the girls are good to look at as well, but am I the only one that dislikes the MC? During his two convos with Eriri and Utaha he came across as very obtrusive and annoying. "Yeah I know you're busy, but hear me out one more time, just one more time, please hear me out one more time."
Jan 15, 2015 5:18 PM

Sep 2013
Gonna watch this for Utaha and her ...um... stockings! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
SasaKanekiPedeJan 15, 2015 6:41 PM
Jan 15, 2015 5:29 PM

Dec 2013
Suprisingly good for a harem. Really like the art style.
Jan 15, 2015 5:37 PM

Nov 2013
Oh look! Michir- , Ops.., it's Eriri Spencer...
Jan 15, 2015 5:40 PM

Jul 2014
Dem stockings tho
Jan 15, 2015 5:53 PM

Jan 2008
Are my eyes playing tricks on me or is a lot of stuff in this show lightly CGI'd?

Anyways, rarely do you ever see a average girl fit to play Blackground Student A become part of the harem. Rooting for Kato atm.
Jan 15, 2015 5:58 PM

Dec 2013
Pretty normal start, I'm getting a feeling Eriri's character complex is going to annoy me for the rest of the series to come.

Not to mention twintails, yuck.
Jan 15, 2015 6:33 PM

Aug 2013
Kato best girl
Jan 15, 2015 6:35 PM

Oct 2013
Wasn't intending to watch this after watching ep0. But then I found ep1 looked a lot better. Will continue a couple of ep more. I like the girls' double ID.
Jan 15, 2015 6:59 PM

Mar 2008
Gsimp said:
Love the animation, the plot could be interesting if they manage to avoid the usual generic plot points, and the girls are good to look at as well, but am I the only one that dislikes the MC? During his two convos with Eriri and Utaha he came across as very obtrusive and annoying. "Yeah I know you're busy, but hear me out one more time, just one more time, please hear me out one more time."

No, I pretty well disliked the guy as well. Doesn't care about 3D girls except for when they are of use to him. People who are clearly busy with their own stuff, but should still find the time to make his generic idea a reality. Pretty well trying to annoy and guilt them into making this thing for him.
Jan 15, 2015 7:15 PM

Aug 2013
Holy hell there were A LOT of references to other anime/manga/LN in the beginning.

The art is amazing. Probably second best this season behind KanColle. Though in a weird way it's more captivating than KanColle. Watching KC it's more like "wow, they put a huge budget into this, and the art looks really HQ and polished". With Saekano, it's more like it both looks polished, but also has a unique kind of look to it.

The one thing that disappointed me is that in the PVs, it looked like Utaha was going to be the "main heroine" aka hat girl. Which had me pumped because not only is she best girl and best looking girl, she's also voiced by my favorite female seiyuu. So that fact that she's going to be the MC's side piece that he doesn't really care about is kind of disheartening.

Other than that, I enjoyed this a bunch. Enjoyed the episode "0" too. Interested to see how they're going to keep incorporating more Otaku and dating sim elements into the show.
Jan 15, 2015 7:19 PM

Aug 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
I don't see how it's possible for me to look at either of the first two episodes of this show and say it's particularly good. What are people noticing about the art in particular that is so great? It seems like pretty standard stuff to me, not bad or low budget, but nothing great that leaps out to me in any way. 3DCGI pantyhose and leg crossing is also kind of weird and hard not to notice. One thing I found kind of ironically funny though is that the MC is talking about how 3D girls suck and then in the next scene the girls walking along in the background in the hallway are clearly 3DCGI models. Other than that everything else about it feels as cliche and phoned in as humanly possible from the character types right down to their dialogue. Just very average harem fare.

Anyway if any show impressed me with it's art and visuals with their premieres it was Yoru no Yatterman and Death Parade. Must be operating on a different standard from other people again as to what top notch art/animation quality looks like.

Hey, they guy who hates on everything is back! And no surprise he's up to his usual antics!

Lol Death Parade good art? It only standard Madhouse art on a standard Madhouse budget. Nice try though.
Jan 15, 2015 7:20 PM

Sep 2013
Wasn't nearly as funny as episode 0, actually, it wasn't really funny at all but at least it looks great.
Jan 15, 2015 7:27 PM

Dec 2013
Nice introduction, i loved all the references. Art style is really good, different from what i'm seeing this season.

So far so good, this has some potential. 5/5
PriestSlayerJan 15, 2015 7:31 PM
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jan 15, 2015 7:29 PM

Jul 2013
OkarinPriest said:
OppaiLord said:

Butt hurt kozou? After watching countless anime's with tsunderes, i'm kinda fed up with them, so i'm sorry for hurting your masochist feelings.

Sorry, but I like all the girls. If you dislike her , then do. But don't go around telling what is shit. You aren't the one to decide. At least she isn't Taiga/Louise bitches. Or those really shitty tsunderes. And I don't always get why tsunderes are always the most attractive.

Good tsunderes are rare (Rin, Asuka, Chitoge).

The same goes for you then; don't go around telling what is supposedly good, like you did with your first comment.

On-topic, this introduction was kinda bland. It still has potential to be a little more studied than the usual RomCom if they tend to go with self-mockery and criticizes of today's anime [cf. mostly Harem genre] like they did with "episode 0".

There are some CGI scenes here and there, Art seems good and I appreciate the red eyelash style like in Grisaia No Kajitsu.

Eririn will annoy me like a certain Michiru in a certain anime version of Grisaia.

And for the Tsun Defence Force, generally I don't dislike Tsundere.
Jan 15, 2015 7:30 PM

Dec 2014
Looking forward to next ep! :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2015 7:40 PM

Dec 2012
It was an okay episode, but definitely better than that gimmicky "episode 0."

Right from the start, it's just a run-of-the-mill school themed anime introductory episode. But I must say the animation was unbelievably well done. What a high quality animation.
I like anime.
Jan 15, 2015 8:43 PM

Oct 2010
A decent episode, but there's always this invisible thorn picking at my sides.

Oh right, the fact that MC is voiced by Kitiard's VA.
Jan 15, 2015 9:06 PM

Jul 2014
Superb animation.
Jan 15, 2015 9:48 PM

Jan 2011
Didn't even know there was an Episode 0 and I guess I'm glad that I didn't watch that yet.

Okay first ep for me, liking the characters but somehow I have a feeling that I won't like the MC as the eps go by.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Jan 15, 2015 9:56 PM

Nov 2011
Very generic. What few amusing elements there are (such as Background Girl A being the main heroine) won't be enough to carry the whole anime, so I'm looking for something more.

Is there some meaning to the artstyle? I've been noticing off-colored borders in certain scenes. At first I though it was the show being self-aware about cliché developments, but it doesn't seem limited to that alone, so I'm not sure what to make of it.

Meh episode overall. I'll keep watching for now.
Jan 15, 2015 9:57 PM

Apr 2012
Nice first episode :D

lol Eriri Tsundere

the graphic are nice and i like the ED song too.

Jan 15, 2015 10:00 PM

Oct 2007
Jonesy974 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
I don't see how it's possible for me to look at either of the first two episodes of this show and say it's particularly good. What are people noticing about the art in particular that is so great? It seems like pretty standard stuff to me, not bad or low budget, but nothing great that leaps out to me in any way. 3DCGI pantyhose and leg crossing is also kind of weird and hard not to notice. One thing I found kind of ironically funny though is that the MC is talking about how 3D girls suck and then in the next scene the girls walking along in the background in the hallway are clearly 3DCGI models. Other than that everything else about it feels as cliche and phoned in as humanly possible from the character types right down to their dialogue. Just very average harem fare.

Anyway if any show impressed me with it's art and visuals with their premieres it was Yoru no Yatterman and Death Parade. Must be operating on a different standard from other people again as to what top notch art/animation quality looks like.

Hey, they guy who hates on everything is back! And no surprise he's up to his usual antics!

Lol Death Parade good art? It only standard Madhouse art on a standard Madhouse budget. Nice try though.

And guess what, I found it better than this so there you go. Frankly I find standard Madhouse on a standard budget is on average more visually creative and interesting in terms of directing than standard A-1 on their Aniplex inflated budget so the trend follows with this season I suppose. I'd still put Yoru no Yatterman's premiere above either though, that one was pretty special which is surprising since I don't usually look to Tatsunoko Pro for Sakuga stuff. And there you go, that's me showing appreciation for something so clearly I don't hate everything. If your looking for someone to just lavish praise upon every mediocre looking series with mediocre dime a dozen subject matter and just start throwing out the 9's and 10's though then yeah you're definitely looking at the wrong guy.
Jan 15, 2015 10:07 PM

May 2011
Those twintail attacks. This anime is going in the right direction. Episode 0 definitely ruined my expectations.
Jan 15, 2015 10:12 PM

Dec 2012
Nice first episode ! The prologue was bad to introduce the story.
The art is beautiful (*-*).
Jan 15, 2015 10:18 PM

Jul 2010
What really surprised me here is how the fanservice was served, that is kind of soft but appealing, a lot different from the episode 00. Might watch it given the quality of the fanservice. Too bad about the characters and everything else, but what can you do.
Jan 15, 2015 10:23 PM

Jul 2009
i like how the blonde girl is secretly the artist who does the novel illustrations. and the black hair is like the writer of this story herself. so she's like writing about her. woooo @_@
Jan 15, 2015 10:24 PM
Nov 2013
I liked the first episode a lot more than episode 0 (although episode 0 wasn't bad, it just felt more like an OVA)

Very standard harem, but I'm really interested to see the game they end up making. This is definitely my kind of genre. Btw Utaha best girl already~
Jan 15, 2015 10:58 PM

Jul 2013
Such an enviable collection, I want that Kate and Menma figurine!

Kato is the clear winner! The background girl always is, just like Chihiro in TWGOK. That twin tail attack though..
Jan 15, 2015 11:39 PM

Jun 2013
And it continues to be great! Love the visual on this and the weird color changes. The quality is amazing except on some weird cg scenes,

I love Kayano Ai's voice in this, its so pleasing to hear. also loving Eriri, she slaps him with her twin tails yo how amazing is that. + personality and super pretty and great artist oho

The OP song is so good, Luna's voice is god tier
Jan 15, 2015 11:47 PM

Nov 2010
So, zero fan service this time, huh? ok.

Nice start .. looking forward to more.
Jan 16, 2015 12:14 AM

Oct 2011
References <3

He stood them up : 0
Jan 16, 2015 12:54 AM

Jan 2013
It was good, so they all know each other already, dunno if it's good or not, if they explain it later it doesn't matter.

So the girl of his fate was a random one that he never paid proper attention uh. This is gonna be fun.
Jan 16, 2015 1:19 AM

Mar 2013
Love it :)
New and somewhat unique slice of life/comedy story
with charming characters.....
hope it wouldnt disappointing.
7/10 for now.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

316 by Kcisdumb »»
May 4, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

112 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 30, 1:09 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2015

156 by spicarie »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:26 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2015

108 by spicarie »»
Nov 6, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2015

224 by spicarie »»
Nov 6, 2023 3:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.