Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jan 8, 2015 11:35 AM

Dec 2013
FireEmblemIke24 said:
PriestSlayer said:
OP is ok, ED was really nice. This episode was interesting, but we didn't get the bones scene ;-;

This change in the story meant no 103 bones. sucks rights?
Yeah, i was really anxious for that, but at least we still got the epic "Shut up, listen while I'M talking" scene
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jan 8, 2015 11:35 AM
May 2013
VitaminCaim said:
I kinda like the OP... Not as good as the first season but it's nice...

same. people just need to understand that the first op set the bar too high for any other songs to top it. i mean on several big anime countdowns the op got in the top 10 of best anime openings of the year.
Jan 8, 2015 11:39 AM

Jun 2012
AangMoreiira said:
So the story continues and Kaneki left the Anteiku to join to Aogiri... That end was a kinda strange... What Kaneki is even thinking of doing with them...?

Destroy the organization from within perhaps, or rule it... There is a bunch of options since it doesn't follow the manga.
Jan 8, 2015 11:40 AM
Jun 2014
YumeHunter said:
mashmell said:

This article and PV
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-10-11/tokyo-ghoul-2nd-anime-season-video-teases-new-story-by-creator/.79825
Staff list in the official website.It's exactly said original draft by ishida sui.
http://www.marv.jp/special/tokyoghoul/staff.html
The CM says "another Tokyo Ghoul spun" and the article says "new original story concept". It does not mean it's supposed to be how the manga was "supposed" to be at all. It literally just means that this an another story concept that's completely original just like some anime original episodes. Also Ishida's on the staff list because he is credited of the story of this season like it says on that article.

So the "original draft" was meant manuscript for root A, but not for the manga right? Then,sorry for my misunderstanding.
Jan 8, 2015 11:41 AM

Aug 2014
Wow.
Looks like the OP stole all the attention >.>

Xway101 ~By me~
Jan 8, 2015 11:41 AM

May 2014
Sparteh said:
Satan-sama said:
I'll skip the OP and just listen to "Unravel".

I am joining you on this.

yep, count me in :P
Jan 8, 2015 11:43 AM

May 2014
Snaita said:
AangMoreiira said:
So the story continues and Kaneki left the Anteiku to join to Aogiri... That end was a kinda strange... What Kaneki is even thinking of doing with them...?

Destroy the organization from within perhaps, or rule it... There is a bunch of options since it doesn't follow the manga.

OHH GOD!! they're not adapting the manga ??!! :O ... *lowers expectations* :(
Jan 8, 2015 11:44 AM

Aug 2012
I liked how Touka was supposed to be running towards Kaneki at the end, but she was either running in place or backwards lol
Jan 8, 2015 11:45 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
ichii_1 said:
RUSHED : THE ANIME

Sachi isn't showing up is he? :'(

Full size ED pics

You do know that this entire season is anime original written by Sui Ishida himself right?

And yes Cross Ange 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 8, 2015 11:47 AM

Nov 2014
It would be a bit too predictable is he's going to break it up from the inside. Will still enjoy that tho.
Jan 8, 2015 11:48 AM
Aug 2014
This is just a theory but I can see the ending as an all out war between CCG and Aogiri. I have a feeling Kaneki is using Aogiri as a means to unite ghouls and humans.
Jan 8, 2015 11:49 AM

Nov 2014
i am waiting till its all over and watching it all in one day
Jan 8, 2015 11:49 AM

Jul 2014
WAD1992 said:
Sparteh said:

I am joining you on this.

yep, count me in :P

I concur.
"Hi!"
Jan 8, 2015 11:53 AM
Aug 2014
I really wanted to see the scene from the manga where Kaneki breaks half of the bones in Ayato's body.... so i was kinda disappointed about that. And at the end I was surprised when he said he was joining Aogiri right off the bat.... again totally not what happened in the anime. I still really liked the episode though, an at least a good bit of Kaneki's badassness showed through. Loved the ending too.
Jan 8, 2015 11:53 AM
Aug 2014
tayorous said:
i am waiting till its all over and watching it all in one day

Same here.
Jan 8, 2015 11:55 AM

Apr 2013
Good to see that it picks up where it left off. I thought it to be a rather strong episode!
Jan 8, 2015 11:59 AM

Dec 2012
op was fine, maybe it'll grow on me, really pretty though with the flowers.

ishida said he drew the ed himself, is that toukaneki at the bottom?

well, I know I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up, but Kaneki seemed out of character this episode. At least they could explain why he joined aogiri.

My biggest complaint though is not including the 103 bone scene. I wanted to see that animated. (mostly because I hate ayato)
Jan 8, 2015 11:59 AM

Jun 2013
mashmell said:
YumeHunter said:
The CM says "another Tokyo Ghoul spun" and the article says "new original story concept". It does not mean it's supposed to be how the manga was "supposed" to be at all. It literally just means that this an another story concept that's completely original just like some anime original episodes. Also Ishida's on the staff list because he is credited of the story of this season like it says on that article.

So the "original draft" was meant manuscript for root A, but not for the manga right? Then,sorry for my misunderstanding.
Yes, it meant the manuscript only for this season of the TG anime. No problems!
Jan 8, 2015 12:00 PM

Sep 2014
Agree with everyone else, OP wasn't too great, maybe it will grow on me though, some of them do. The animation in it is actually pretty cool, the song is just meh.
Jan 8, 2015 12:01 PM

Dec 2012
guanhian said:
103 bones? Where?
in the manga, kaneki doesn't want to kill ayato because he's touka's brother, so he decides to half-kill him. breaking 203 bones would kill someone, so kaneki deliberately breaks 1/2 of his body.
Jan 8, 2015 12:02 PM
Sep 2012
Looking at that ED it seems that the girl Kaneki is carrying in the key visual *surprise* Rize.

Dec 2012
AlexTheRiot said:
I liked how Touka was supposed to be running towards Kaneki at the end, but she was either running in place or backwards lol

lmao that quality animation

Jul 2014
I thought it was a really good episode... and I'm actually glad they're going with an anime original story instead of following the manga. At least no one will be able to bitch and moan about "the anime not following the manga correctly". And it's kind of exciting to not know what's going to happen next. Like I really wasn't expecting Kaneki to

The only letdown for me is the OP; it's terrible.

Ow and no censoring. JEEJ!
Jan 8, 2015 12:05 PM
Aug 2014
I just want to see Eto's beautiful face >.<

Anyone else find it a bit weird he just joined Aogiri tree just like that? *snaps finger*
Jan 8, 2015 12:07 PM
Jul 2013
i think it pretty much ruined everything when we didn't get to see sadistic Kaneki, esp half killing and breaking ayato's bones

that's all
Jan 8, 2015 12:08 PM
Aug 2014
I don't think we'll get to see Tokyo Ghoul "Brotherhood" until 2016.

Idk what to expect from this anime so I am kinda excited.
Jan 8, 2015 12:09 PM

Aug 2014
This episode was amazing!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2015 12:10 PM
Dec 2010
Shiiiru said:

Anyone else find it a bit weird he just joined Aogiri tree just like that? *snaps finger*

*raises hand*

My everything is confused watching this.
Jan 8, 2015 12:11 PM

Feb 2013
Ughhh........Dat opening
Jan 8, 2015 12:12 PM
Sep 2013
i liked the ep :P and the way the anime goes is intersting, lets hope theye dont fuck up ( im alrdy scarred )

ps can some one tell em a good anime that didnt follow the manga/LN, yhea im scarred xD
Jan 8, 2015 12:12 PM

Aug 2013
Mmmm, that was quite interesting. I kind of wonder why he would join Aogiri. In fact, what does Aogiri fight for? Did he join them because he didn't want the Antique to be targeted again? With his hair white, he's pretty easy to reconize now. Well, they could have dyed it, but why hair as cool as that? :P

Poor Touka, can't catch a breath. After being humiliated and completely beaten by her borther, she lost the only member who could understand both the ghoul and the human world.

I'm not sure about why they exploded the whole building. It seemed planned since long ago. It also seemed related to the weird mask guy who didn't defend himself.

So the old man is the owl. But I thought the owl was a one-eyed like Kaneki? Or did I misread?

Am I the only one who loves the OP. Well, of course, I'm not the only one (t'was a metaphor), but I liked its bizarreness. Yeah, I know it had some weird subtitle, but past that...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 8, 2015 12:13 PM
Apr 2011
it seems to already be deviating from the manga. Not that it's a bad thing though.
Jan 8, 2015 12:13 PM

May 2012
Completely unexpected for Kaneki to join Aogiri.

Not sure why people hate the OP, it's probably my top opening within the past year. Guess you gotta like that genre. Dammit, I already want the full song.

Still, don't like the changed scenes even if it is an original story for this sequel.

Started off pretty decent so I hope it disappoints me.

Jan 8, 2015 12:15 PM

Jul 2014
Disappointed..Again
Aug 2014
newnar said:
Shiiiru said:

*raises hand*

My everything is confused watching this.

Yeah I'm pretty sure Aogiri Tree is a pretty exclusive club and Kaneki had no prior interaction with any of the other members besides Jason (who only saw Kaneki as a plaything) and Ayato (who seems to hate him). Unless they decide to shoehorn something that makes what happened at the end make sense this is all very confusing.
Jan 2013
I can't believe Pierrot is capable of such nice animation quality. Hope they keep it up.
Jan 8, 2015 12:24 PM

Nov 2014
Meh episode. I'm really disappointed. 2/5. I already went ahead in the manga, so I knew a lot of what was going to happen. Given the manga material, I expected this to be really good, but it was meh. I'm glad they brought Hide back, though, because he seems to have been forgotten in the manga. But other than that, it sucked.
Jan 8, 2015 12:26 PM

Jun 2012
YumeHunter said:
mashmell said:

Yes, it meant the manuscript only for this season of the TG anime. No problems!

lol they choose to use a reject draft... No wonder it doesn't live up to the manga.
Jan 8, 2015 12:27 PM

Jul 2014
What a shit. Oh god why they do this...
Jan 8, 2015 12:29 PM

Sep 2014
I really liked this. I mean the entirety, the feeling, the art, the music... I loved that it concentrated on artistical outcome of the battle and different imotions. It kind of alleviates Kaneki's transformation, both physical and emotional.

The OP was amazing, I loved the silent effectiveness of it. Not all openings need a flashy colours and bombarding images. The ED was also beutiful.

Yes, I feel confused, a lot actually, but I think this episode is supposed to let you feel that way. The explanations are certainly coming in future episodes. I for once enjoy the feeling that you don't understand everything but accept it.
Jan 8, 2015 12:29 PM

Apr 2013
The OP sucked but the rest of the episode was great. I'm just disappointing we won't see kaneki fight with ayato.
Jan 8, 2015 12:30 PM

Nov 2011
Lichtspiel said:
First expression: I don't like the OP. In my opinion, it doesn't fit.
Okay, I was a bit confused while watching this. Why does Kaneki join Aogiri? (Haven't read the manga)

Doesn't happen in the manga. Its an alternate universe.
i love tirru
Jan 8, 2015 12:30 PM

Feb 2013
I thought the Opening was really bad, however this is a great start for the new season! I really enjoyed it. 4.5/5
Jan 8, 2015 12:33 PM

Aug 2008
Herzbube said:
I can't believe Pierrot is capable of such nice animation quality. Hope they keep it up.

I don't think it was well animated at all.

“The impossible could not have happened, therefore the impossible must be possible in spite of appearances.” 
― Agatha Christie
Jan 8, 2015 12:34 PM

Nov 2014
Yes, I feel confused, a lot actually, but I think this episode is supposed to let you feel that way. The explanations are certainly coming in future episodes. I for once enjoy the feeling that you don't understand everything but accept it.

Here's what's pissing me off. I read the manga, so I knew what was going on. But I felt like to anyone who hasn't read the manga, this episode would be really confusing and wouldn't make much sense.

Also, I didn't like the changes they made. One specific part that's pissing me off is when Kaneki pulling the mask out and put it on after eating Yamori's kagune. Where would he get the mask from? He didn't have it. It just magically appeared? In the manga, Uta gave it to him, but in the episode it just appeared?
Jan 8, 2015 12:34 PM

Aug 2014
schadenfreud said:
Disappointed..Again

Disappointed? Why?

Xway101 ~By me~
Jan 8, 2015 12:37 PM

Sep 2014
By the way. I'm really glad that I don't read the mangas before watching the animes. It seems that no-one is ever happy with any way the anime turns out, because it isn't exactly like the manga. (I have the same feeling with novels adaptated in movies, I always like the books more).

So I'm happy to watch anime without any lingering expectations. With this episode it was nice just to watch the aftermath of the battle without knowing what is to come, and without knowing the answers of all the questions.
Jan 8, 2015 12:38 PM

Jan 2014
Op is garbage.

Animation is really poor. Background are good.

They cut so many badass scene for Kaneki.

2/5

Pierrot is still trash. White Fox > Pierrrrrot. If someone dont agree with me then must be blind person.

Anime will be diffrent than manga. This idea may be good but as long as pierrot is doing still this series than I dont have any hope.

sorry bad english
Jan 8, 2015 12:40 PM

Aug 2014
quentariel said:
By the way. I'm really glad that I don't read the mangas before watching the animes. It seems that no-one is ever happy with any way the anime turns out, because it isn't exactly like the manga. (I have the same feeling with novels adaptated in movies, I always like the books more).

So I'm happy to watch anime without any lingering expectations. With this episode it was nice just to watch the aftermath of the battle without knowing what is to come, and without knowing the answers of all the questions.

Tbh I've read the manga, and I'm honestly liking where the anime is going. It's following a parallel universe so I wouldn't mind the changes. The only 2 disappointing things in the ep was the OP and how the 103 bones breaking was skipped. I guess i kinda understand why they did that though. Kaneki was going to join Aogiri. If Kaneki broke Ayato's bones, then it would have been bad for Kaneki to join Aogiri.

Xway101 ~By me~
Jan 8, 2015 12:46 PM
Jul 2018
quentariel said:

Not true. It IS possible to make the anime as good or better than the manga-original. Attack on titan, Hunter x Hunter, Gintama, Kuroko no Basket & Haikyuu for some recent examples.

As for the episode. The OP was ughh. The first half was actually pretty awesome. Then there was Ayato vs Kaneki goodness and... no 103 bones. Then all of the excitement just left me and the rest felt just so goddamn dissapointing.

Honestly, I've mixed feeling. On the one hand I'm actually kinda interested how this will continue with Aogiri tree and Eto <3 but on the other hand I'm so sad that the manga epicness won't be coming...
Pages (17) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» This season was amazing, no cap.

GoatPieceLuffy - May 30

39 by SwiftSN »»
Jun 4, 5:44 AM

Poll: » overhated?

FruitPunchBaka - May 22

34 by AriKitaruKatoka »»
May 28, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

760 by lunathecatxx »»
May 11, 5:47 AM

» How do you feel

JoahAnime - Apr 18, 2022

38 by lunathecatxx »»
May 11, 5:39 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

402 by efectiviuli »»
Feb 18, 2:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.