Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (27) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »
Jan 31, 2015 7:27 PM

Jul 2012
yuichi333 said:
Smooki said:

squealer saved them from tainted cats, thats why maria trusted him and after they had a children they got killed probably during sleep or smth, wouldnt be hard for him since they were trusted ^^

It's funny to you?

Was he implying it was funny?
Feb 1, 2015 7:58 AM

Feb 2013
mayukachan said:
yuichi333 said:

It's funny to you?

Was he implying it was funny?

I just stated facts 0.o.... why should this be funny to me... i mean srlsy i rly liked maria, GOD DAMN THIS ANIME IS CRUEL. I didn't want her to die, so why should this be funny to me? !!!!! I mean i read that it was like that, and its pretty logicle and WHYYY I RLY RLY liked her :/

SO WHY THE FUCK SHUT BE THIS FUNNY TO ME !"!!!!!!

*goes back into his bad and starts crying*
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Feb 1, 2015 11:16 AM
Feb 2009
Smooki said:
I RLY RLY liked her :/

*goes back into his bad and starts crying*

Yea, the strongest points in this masterpiece are characters, the are so...likeable, sympathizable, lovable... and at the same time their tragic is so ruthlessly, logically cruel that you even cant be mad at author at all, you left only with sadness.

There are definietly too little anime with such glorious characters.
Feb 2, 2015 12:18 PM
Jan 2010
What do you think about this?

"However, later into the plot it is discovered that the letter was forged and that the two were murdered by the Robber Fly colony. Before killing them, however, the two were forced into bearing a child, called the Messiah by the monster rats, in order to be able to raise the child as their ultimate weapon to exterminate humanity."

http://shinsekaiyori.wikia.com/wiki/Maria_Akizuki
Feb 11, 2015 3:46 PM
Feb 2015
Did anyone notice the actual fail when Saki says that "homo" from homo sapiens and "hetero" from heterocephalus are direct opposites? That disappointed me so much.
Feb 11, 2015 4:09 PM

Sep 2011
yuichi333 said:
What do you think about this?

"However, later into the plot it is discovered that the letter was forged and that the two were murdered by the Robber Fly colony. Before killing them, however, the two were forced into bearing a child, called the Messiah by the monster rats, in order to be able to raise the child as their ultimate weapon to exterminate humanity."

http://shinsekaiyori.wikia.com/wiki/Maria_Akizuki

Good lord if this is true, I just... I can't handle this... T_T
Feb 16, 2015 1:35 AM

Jan 2015
hukkenn said:
My Kiroumaru...
I miss him so much
Anyway, he is the best character in this series

Yep, honest, honorable, overall good person. Hes the best person in the show easily. He sacrificed his life for the greater good.
Feb 16, 2015 1:45 AM

Jan 2015
This show was so unique and creative. This is the most "intelligent" show i watched. Way better than Ghost in the Shell, it actually touches on the topic of what would happen when humans gained more power than they could responsibly control.

I feel sorry for Squealer. The cantus humans are the real assholes. How immature must they be to do that to him? He was a ruthless leader that did what was best for his people. You cant blame or hate him for what he did.

I dont think the queerats are equal to humans because of cantus. But regardless of that all equally intelligent beings deserve to be treated well.
Feb 16, 2015 9:59 AM

Feb 2013
LionCake said:
This show was so unique and creative. This is the most "intelligent" show i watched. Way better than Ghost in the Shell, it actually touches on the topic of what would happen when humans gained more power than they could responsibly control.

I feel sorry for Squealer. The cantus humans are the real assholes. How immature must they be to do that to him? He was a ruthless leader that did what was best for his people. You cant blame or hate him for what he did.

I dont think the queerats are equal to humans because of cantus. But regardless of that all equally intelligent beings deserve to be treated well.

about the thing with squealer. thats always what happens in war, the leader of the loosers get executed in the worst possible way. Its done to destroy the fighting spirit and to show them never to do this again.

and the queerats were humans ... their genetic got changed back in the past, since the humen without cantus lost the war against the cantus humen

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Feb 16, 2015 6:46 PM

Jan 2015
Smooki said:
LionCake said:

about the thing with squealer. thats always what happens in war, the leader of the loosers get executed in the worst possible way. Its done to destroy the fighting spirit and to show them never to do this again.

and the queerats were humans ... their genetic got changed back in the past, since the humen without cantus lost the war against the cantus humen

They did not execute squealer. They damned him to a life of torture which saki stopped. But only after 10 years. Arrogant shit headed ethics committee talk shit even after almost getting whiped out by rats. It was clearly done as an act of personal revenge too. The queerats had no fighting spirit after the messiah died. Queerats dont give up anyways. Kiroumaru says himself that all queerats will try anything it takes to survive even if its in vain. And they killed all the robber fly queerats to. So you cant teach them to not do it again if there isnt anyone left alive to teach. But again. It wouldnt matter. The queerats would obviously rebel again if given the chance. Life of servitude? People would obviously rather die than have that be the future of their people,

They also arent human any more. They were once human.
Feb 17, 2015 11:21 AM

Feb 2013
yeah to teach all queerats who exist ^^ at least they let the hornet queerats alive, since saki promised it to kimamaru. No as long as you have no chances you wont rebel. thats the same with the slaves back in the past. they didnt rebel^^ since they were chanceless. They just started smth if there was a hope ^^. if you can win it.

well their brain is still human ^^ what do you need to be a human, just becuase you are changed in the outside doesnt mean you arent 1, as long as you are as clever as the normal humans

Feb 17, 2015 5:22 PM

Jan 2015
Smooki said:
yeah to teach all queerats who exist ^^ at least they let the hornet queerats alive, since saki promised it to kimamaru. No as long as you have no chances you wont rebel. thats the same with the slaves back in the past. they didnt rebel^^ since they were chanceless. They just started smth if there was a hope ^^. if you can win it.

well their brain is still human ^^ what do you need to be a human, just becuase you are changed in the outside doesnt mean you arent 1, as long as you are as clever as the normal humans
Smooki said:

equal intelligence =/= same in the inside. there was an episode where the humans got disgusted with what the queerats did to their queen but satoru didnt judge them since they werent the same. he didnt hold the queerats to the same moral standards as humans. both species hold different morals and way of thinking. this can be clearly seen through out the show.
Feb 18, 2015 8:38 AM

Feb 2013
yeah, thats true. I mean if there would be 2 except the same humans, 1 in a high sociaty got to every school and stuff, while the other 1 in the very low sociaty... they would be later completelly diffrent, even if they are the smae at the start ^^^ You change much through experience and life

Feb 18, 2015 4:02 PM

Jan 2015
Smooki said:
yeah, thats true. I mean if there would be 2 except the same humans, 1 in a high sociaty got to every school and stuff, while the other 1 in the very low sociaty... they would be later completelly diffrent, even if they are the smae at the start ^^^ You change much through experience and life

its not even a "different culture" sort of deal. they arent even the same species. kiroumaru shows that he perceives the world completely differently than humans due to differences in sensory organs. they reproduce through a single queen in a hive like society. there is a physical difference to them that prevents them from ever being the same. at best they will only be similar.
Feb 24, 2015 11:00 PM

Jul 2012
SomeLife said:
10/10 masterpiece underrated

+1
Feb 25, 2015 5:45 AM

Nov 2013
^ I'd say it's overrated considering it's ranked in the top 100 on this site.
Mar 8, 2015 1:30 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I cannot believe it took me that long to pick this up. That was one of the most brilliant series I've watched in a long time. Big on ideas, Mature, well considered, well thought out, poignant and brilliantly finished. What an ending too, using Dvorak's New World Symphony in such an effective and significant manner. The animation was poor a couple of episodes, but even that cannot detract from such a good story.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 14, 2015 3:36 PM

Jul 2014
This last episode was the best in the series in my opinion. Still, pretty overrated anime overall, 7/10.
Mar 16, 2015 9:42 PM

Aug 2012
Well just about 50 pages (or maybe this post will make it 50 pages) so is there really any point in my commenting? It's not entirely likely that I'll be able to add anything new to the discussion at this point. But I've left comments for every other anime I've completed thus far for March Madness, not much point in stopping now.

I'm just going to be blunt here, Shinsekai yori has the best world-building I have ever seen. I mean, when you dedicate two & a half full episodes to world-building, you better be pretty damn good at it. If you told me that my favorite episodes of a series would involve someone spouting exposition for twenty minutes, I would've called you crazy but here I am. Outside of the fact that the concepts of Power can have some very interesting implications & that the world's history is generally intriguing, the world-building in here is so good because it never just world-building for it's own sake, it always ties well into the narrative. The episode where Shun basically spends the episode talking about what a Karmic Demon contains a lot of world-building but it's also heavily rooted within the core emotional conflict at the time. Not only that, our protagonists aren't silent, Saki (or the rest of Group 1 in the case of the False Minoshiro) reacts & interacts with whoever's imparting the lessons, like Tomiko or Shun. It's expertly executed & by far, the best part of the show.

The series story as a whole is pretty damn solid however it struggles in other areas, particularly with the characters. Don't get me wrong, the cast is likeable, aside from Mamoru but unless you're Saki or Squealar, maybe Kiromaru & Satoru, you're not giving a whole lot of depth. Satoru & Saki are giving a lot of screen time but their relationship development is rather weak & it's not surprising that the comments in these thread have brought up numerous scenes between the two that was axed (someone even said in favor of more Maria/Saki stuff). Shun & Maria, as much as I do like both of them, ultimately feel a little more like plot devices, emotional baggage for Saki more than fully fleshed-out independent characters of their own. & this is fine, it's Saki story & most of the characters are likable (again, aside from Mamoru) & they all serve their purpose fine but it is a bit of a disappointment.

I can't decide my favorite character but it was likely Saki, Kiromarou or Squealer. Kiromarou in the last batch of episodes was an interesting moment & one that showcases the strength of the series subtlety. The first episode they decide to go to Tokyo, with a use of a well-place smirk or two, the manage to plant the seeds that Kiromaru might be a traitor and they do this a whole episode before the possibility is ever addressed by the characters. & they do a really good job of placing doubt, so much so that I legitimately felt bad for doubting him, especially in this episode where he sacrificed himself to defeat the Messiah.

Visually, the show was a mixed bag. It's faults were pretty obvious here but as were it's highs. They were rarer than the hiccups but when this show wanted to be, it was gorgeous. The sequence on the boat swimming on the stars, breathtaking. A few episodes back when Saki looked at the desert landscape while a ton of bats flew out, beautiful. I don't know if these moments make up for it but they certainly soften the blow. Luckily, the sound department is great. The voice acting is spot-on, like you'd expect & the score can be pretty remarkable. I'm still bitter that they got rid of Wareta Ringo for the boring bland track that replaced it but outside of that, it's really good stuff in show. The Traditional Song of Shadows part 1-3 being the highlight for me. Which does bring up the point that the series tended to reuse a lot of it's pieces but this helps create a uniformity within the show, especially since it timeskips a lot (& the first one is really jarring).

As for the finale episode, it was great. One thing I loved about it was that they didn't portray Squealer as a villain here. If anything, we're meant to side with him more than the Ethics Committee, at least in terms of his punishment. & I like the way they did it, when Tomiko said she was going to make him experience the most painful death imaginable a few episodes ago, I thought it was awesome & even agreed. No doubt about it, Squealer did some despicable things, poor Maria & Mamoru but were his reasons unjustifiable. Well, that's really your call but I can say this much, I was disgusted when he was laughed off while asserting the his people were human. Not because it was later proved that that use to be the case because he clearly wasn't speaking biologically. It's a chilling & powerful sequence, one of the best moments the show had to offer. & thank god, Saki put him out of his misery. 8/10.
Mar 17, 2015 4:27 PM

Sep 2011

^ Quoting your post just because it was so good. Thanks for the writeup, I definitely enjoyed reading it. ^_^
Apr 1, 2015 7:02 AM
Mar 2015
Yo~I really love this anime
worth to watch, 10/10 for me!^-^
and YES for Saki x Satoru <3<3<3
Apr 14, 2015 1:19 PM

Jul 2011
HandsomeMan said:

Most anime are shit, this show is definitely top 100 material. Deserves it more than SAO and SnK at least.
Apr 18, 2015 5:24 AM

Jul 2012
Bastard humans.....I mean it's arrogant of them calling them selfs gods and to kill the monster rats at any time.

I wish this would of went on a little bit more
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Apr 18, 2015 3:37 PM

Jul 2012
SexyPriest said:
HandsomeMan said:

Most anime are shit, this show is definitely top 100 material. Deserves it more than SAO and SnK at least.

I fully agree.
Apr 24, 2015 11:54 AM

Sep 2012
Can someone name the soundtracks used in this ep, the one in start and another one used when satoru was explaining dna stuff?
Apr 25, 2015 4:12 AM

Mar 2015
Inferno_Cop said:
Can someone name the soundtracks used in this ep, the one in start and another one used when satoru was explaining dna stuff?

The song at the start - "Sad Separation"

Song during explanation - "Traditional Song of Shadows"
May 2, 2015 5:26 AM

Jan 2014
Saki's sister <3
May 2, 2015 5:30 AM

Oct 2013
Stunning, phenomenal end to a great series. I cried just a little bit when this episode finished.

There was a number of flaws which inevitably bring it down, but it's so unique and well executed I can't help but feel the flaws aren't so important. I feel as if this is a show I'll appreciate even more with a re-watch as well.

And the plot twist in this episode floored me.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
May 2, 2015 8:17 PM
Jan 2013
I am torn on what rating to give this show, I really enjoyed it, it had a wonderful plot. However I see two huge plot holes that i want to ignore but can't.

1. In episode 15 (I think) Mamoru is about to be killed by an impure cat, but somehow something stops the cat. It is never addressed what saved him. The only solution i can come up with is Shun did some spirit thing or something i don't know.

2. Why does the school want to kill off people like Mamoru and Reiko Amano for not being good with Power. They kill people off that are dangerous to society like possible Ogres and karmonic demons. But these two characters posed no threat. This is something Saki should have noticed, why did she grow up and ignore the injustice of the school?

Does anyone know if these are plot holes or if there is something i missed?
invader147May 2, 2015 8:23 PM
May 3, 2015 1:47 AM

Feb 2013
invader147 said:
I am torn on what rating to give this show, I really enjoyed it, it had a wonderful plot. However I see two huge plot holes that i want to ignore but can't.

1. In episode 15 (I think) Mamoru is about to be killed by an impure cat, but somehow something stops the cat. It is never addressed what saved him. The only solution i can come up with is Shun did some spirit thing or something i don't know.

2. Why does the school want to kill off people like Mamoru and Reiko Amano for not being good with Power. They kill people off that are dangerous to society like possible Ogres and karmonic demons. But these two characters posed no threat. This is something Saki should have noticed, why did she grow up and ignore the injustice of the school?

Does anyone know if these are plot holes or if there is something i missed?

the 1st point i dont remember

the 2nd is because becoming a demon is smth with emotionas, if smn is very proud because he is soo good increases the chance of becoming a madman, or that you are so bad and envious of everyone ^^

Its more logical that the weak ones are getting killed off, than the very good ones, since it seems more likely that they will turn out to be a karma demon)

May 6, 2015 12:13 AM

Feb 2015
Great show. Loved how Kiroumaru left like a boss. Good explanations of the queerat origins and Squealer's motivations and end. And yes to the Saki x Satoru ship. What i was wondering though is;

1) Did Saki love Satoru?
2) I can definitely see Satoru liking Saki since episode 1, but also, why did he love Shun?
3) Would Saki have ended up with Shun if he had lived?

To me the romance seemed really poor in the development of Saki x Satoru, though the end made me really happy.
May 6, 2015 12:39 AM

Jul 2012
TrigT said:
1) Did Saki love Satoru?
2) I can definitely see Satoru liking Saki since episode 1, but also, why did he love Shun?

1. Yes, but it was the same type like arranged marriages where people stay together and then grow to love each other.
2. Why not? It's possible to be in love with two people but different types of "romantic love"
3. Most likely yes.
May 6, 2015 12:52 AM

Feb 2015
mayukachan said:
TrigT said:
1) Did Saki love Satoru?

1. Yes, but it was the same type like arranged marriages where people stay together and then grow to love each other.
2. Why not? It's possible to be in love with two people but different types of "romantic love"
3. Most likely yes.

Thanks for the quick response! I guess i just didnt like the Shun x Saki ship at all. In response to 1, its kind of hard for me to see it as an "arrange marriage type of love". As for #2, i wonder if Satoru loved Saki more than he did Shun and if his love was also stronger for Saki than Shun's love for her. Guess, i shouldnt complain since Saki did end up with Satori, though i i would liked it if Shun was alive as well when they got together, Im probably hating on him too much lol.

Oh, i just remembered i should check back on the colonial wars because i got confused a bit with all the different names. I dont remember if they were ever that important.
May 6, 2015 8:57 AM

Sep 2011
TrigT said:
To me the romance seemed really poor in the development of Saki x Satoru, though the end made me really happy.

Actually they both grew to love each other. Don't take my word for it, but supposedly the anime skips one of their biggest moments where they actually confess to each other about how they've grown to love one another, but they always felt awkward because of their friends' deaths (this was when they were lying down on the moving boat while being chased by The Fiend down the stream/river). Evidently, in the end they had resolved this and were finally able to move on and actually get married.
May 6, 2015 10:04 AM

Feb 2015
ronri said:
TrigT said:

Actually they both grew to love each other. Don't take my word for it, but supposedly the anime skips one of their biggest moments where they actually confess to each other about how they've grown to love one another, but they always felt awkward because of their friends' deaths (this was when they were lying down on the moving boat while being chased by The Fiend down the stream/river). Evidently, in the end they had resolved this and were finally able to move on and actually get married.

Ah. Thanks. Thats good to know .I read the english translation and what you said is true. I kind of did feel the anime did skip parts. But didnt Satoru already have feelings for Saki in the beginning? I wish that Shun was still alive, but Saki would still end up with Satoru, which i think was really possible.
May 6, 2015 11:21 AM

Jul 2012
TrigT said:
Thanks for the quick response! I guess i just didnt like the Shun x Saki ship at all. In response to 1, its kind of hard for me to see it as an "arrange marriage type of love".

It leans more on arranged marriage rather than spontaneous first love (Shun/Saki) because they only loved each other through time and the fact that they were the only two survivors in their group. Hey, I also loved Satoru/Saki too! :')
Oh, i just remembered i should check back on the colonial wars because i got confused a bit with all the different names. I dont remember if they were ever that important.

Nah, I'd just rewatch it. It's not that important.
May 6, 2015 12:00 PM

Feb 2015
mayukachan said:
TrigT said:
Thanks for the quick response! I guess i just didnt like the Shun x Saki ship at all. In response to 1, its kind of hard for me to see it as an "arrange marriage type of love".

It leans more on arranged marriage rather than spontaneous first love (Shun/Saki) because they only loved each other through time and the fact that they were the only two survivors in their group. Hey, I also loved Satoru/Saki too! :')

Nah, I'd just rewatch it. It's not that important.

:D Ah i see. But i find arranged marriage, not as love over time, but more on the forceful end, where love may not even happen. So i see this more as just love through time as you stated, though i think they both had feelings already early on, just not as strong yet. I just didnt see or at least want to think Saki would end up with Shun if he was alive. lol

I'll probably just check out a summary on the wars.
May 6, 2015 12:08 PM

Jul 2012
Well, yeah I think they had a crush on each other earlier on but it was just based on attraction. Saki --> Shun was like a first love kind of thing though.
May 8, 2015 7:34 AM

Apr 2014
I feel bad for those who dropped it in episode 8. Cause that's when Shinsekai Yori started to get awesome. By getting better and better with each episode, especially after episode 16, Shinsekai Yori managed to get the perfect 10/10 from me, while being a 7/10 when it started. That's how awesome it is. My favorite episode was the hospital one, but this one was not half bad. Awesome conclusion to an awesome anime. Congrats!!
May 10, 2015 11:22 PM

Nov 2014
Good show, would be better without episode 8

May 11, 2015 12:23 AM

Oct 2011
Great show, I wish they'd focus less on the queerats because I don't find them that interesting.

8/10
May 11, 2015 9:09 AM

Feb 2013
BlueKite said:
Great show, I wish they'd focus less on the queerats because I don't find them that interesting.

8/10

... the queerats were humans.... they were just changed in the past, because they lost the war against the humans with telekinatc abilities....

ExTamplier said:
Good show, would be better without episode 8

i also didnt like it, but actually it was important, since it was even told that they changed the aggresion in genetics by lust.... thats why they have such early sexual relationships

May 12, 2015 9:16 PM

Jun 2014
damn first time i actually cried watching anime.
This is why MAL needs a 11/10 option. This instantly became my 2nd favorite series.

What are humans? What are monsters? What do we really fear? What puts us above other forms of life? What makes us right and others wrong? To what extent should we defend humanity, or protect the fundamentals of our society? What should we do if one poses as a grave threat, but no crime has yet been committed? But what if the person is an innocent child and the threat is the extinction of humans? How should we judge indications that may lead to such a fate? Were humans even meant to possess such power?...

These are the kinds of questions asked in series such as Monster, Ergo Proxy, Texhnolyze Psycho-Pass, and several others. But none of these go as far this series. Shinsekai yori poses question after question after question constantly in nearly every episode.
May 12, 2015 9:44 PM

Mar 2014
This anime basically took me a over year to watch and now I can finally say I finished it. What bittersweet ending to one of the most unique and intriguing anime I have ever seen. 9/10 for me.
Zanos1May 12, 2015 9:54 PM
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
May 17, 2015 3:05 PM
Jun 2014
9.0-9.5 / 10

Reasons for not 10/10:

Not immediately clear why Kiroumaru didn't just side with Squealer.

Limits on Cantus not clearly defined - There are some parts that could've been made drastically easier with an application of Cantus, like going upriver (why not just use bubbles?)

Quality in animation changes

Romance portrayed horribly
May 17, 2015 7:28 PM
Feb 2011
This went way down hill for me in the second half...
May 21, 2015 2:01 PM

Nov 2014
I love when anime builds up for a finale for the whole season. It gave us little pieces of informatons and then collected it and explained in the end. This plus it was really thought provoking. Unfortunately I didn't like the animation: I felt like it was lacking on some occasions. Didn't like Shun being mentioned over and over again. But overall great anime.
May 26, 2015 8:10 PM
May 2013
i don't understand how anyone could give this anime a 10/10. it was far from perfect. far too many plot points left as loose ends, the ending was kind of ham-fisted and anti-climactic given everything that took place. overall, well made and worth watching, but could have been better. solid 7/10 for me.

i will admit that the ending had less impact on me than it should have because i was never rooting for the humans to begin with. they seemed unnecessarily cruel, deceptive and untrustworthy from the very start. everything seemed all too obvious except for the DNA of humans being spliced with the ancestors of the "queerats".
May 27, 2015 12:08 PM

Feb 2013
rtil said:
i don't understand how anyone could give this anime a 10/10. it was far from perfect. far too many plot points left as loose ends, the ending was kind of ham-fisted and anti-climactic given everything that took place. overall, well made and worth watching, but could have been better. solid 7/10 for me.

i will admit that the ending had less impact on me than it should have because i was never rooting for the humans to begin with. they seemed unnecessarily cruel, deceptive and untrustworthy from the very start. everything seemed all too obvious except for the DNA of humans being spliced with the ancestors of the "queerats".

thats why the ending is soo awesome.... i felt sooo sorry for squealer.... and the moment in which he said "We are humans...." but it was soo well thought through... thats why i gave ssy and because of its atmosphere... never seen an anime as atmospheric as ssy ^^

Jun 5, 2015 4:24 AM
Aug 2011
Did anyone notice that there is a contradiction with Saki/writer's logic when dealing the "ogre". The "ogre" died when it killed Kiroumaru because he was a monster rat. However, earlier Kiroumaru stated that his army, of monster rats, were killed by the "ogre" and not the Robber Fly army. So the "ogre" should have suffered the Death of Shame then.
Pages (27) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» why did everyone turn gay?

bladewade - Aug 23

14 by BiazinhaBR »»
Aug 25, 5:31 PM

Poll: » Should humans adopt some parts of Bonobo sociosexual behavior similar to Shinsekai yori?

Zarutaku - Aug 15

19 by IhnalakoKaina »»
Aug 21, 7:31 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2012

303 by KhalidCB »»
Aug 19, 2:10 PM

Poll: » Favourite character?

Akane-chi - Jul 20, 2016

2 by Zarutaku »»
Aug 15, 1:38 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2012

299 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 5, 3:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.