Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (56) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Dec 27, 2014 9:09 PM

Jan 2014
What a nice way to end this season. :)
Dec 27, 2014 9:12 PM

Oct 2008
Wasn't expecting This Illusion as the ED. Awesome stuff.
Dec 27, 2014 9:17 PM

Jan 2014
Kolnikov said:
That was pretty bad :/

I think my score is just too high for the show, maybe I'm a bit surprised with the visuals. But damn, they could at least spend some of this budget in the character design. Terrible.

Not sure this is bait or ... ?

Complaining about character designs when the first half is already over. really? =.=
Dec 27, 2014 9:18 PM

May 2014
RinArcher said:
I must be like the only one who didn't like the ED song.

Oh well, guess I'll go complain in a corner about it then.

lol, you think we'll let you go that easily?

RinArcher is different burn him.
Dec 27, 2014 9:20 PM
Nov 2013
chickenonthepan said:
Kolnikov said:
That was pretty bad :/

I think my score is just too high for the show, maybe I'm a bit surprised with the visuals. But damn, they could at least spend some of this budget in the character design. Terrible.

Complaining about character designs when the first half is already over. really? =.=

Hmm, so if I didn't like the episode and shared my thoughts like everybody did it's a bait? LOL you guys ._.
Dec 27, 2014 9:20 PM

Jun 2009
WrongPriest said:
RinArcher said:
I must be like the only one who didn't like the ED song.

Oh well, guess I'll go complain in a corner about it then.

lol, you think we'll let you go that easily?

RinArcher is different burn him.

Yeah, FUCK your shitty opinion RinARcher!
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 27, 2014 9:21 PM

Jan 2014
Kolnikov said:
chickenonthepan said:

Hmm, so if I didn't like the episode and shared my thoughts like everybody did it's a bait? LOL you guys ._.

The bait part is character design...
Dec 27, 2014 9:23 PM

May 2012
Kolnikov said:
chickenonthepan said:

Well aren't they just sharing their thoughts about what you said also? It's an endless cycle honestly.
Dec 27, 2014 9:23 PM
Nov 2013
chickenonthepan said:
Kolnikov said:

So, the character design is awesome then? Nobody can disagree? Is that the meaning of bait for you? It was just a commentary bro, is not a bait lol. I'm not fishing anything, and I don't have a reason to do. Do I really look like a guy who keeps trolling around?
Dec 27, 2014 9:24 PM

Oct 2010
The way this first cour ended was SO MUCH BETTER than Fate/Zero. This had more of a sense of finality as opposed to F/Z which lead up to something and then just said "psyche! wait 3 months =P "

The date part of the episode was adorable, I had a cheesy grin on my face the entire time. When shit got real though, it was quite the spectacle. I really enjoyed the anime original interpretation because it made it feel more grand. Not only that but we got to see based Kirei being a fucking badass.

Excellent episode, tons of fun to watch. I am not gonna rate the first half o the show especially since there are going to be 90 minutes of extra content so I don't think it would be fair to do so.

Feb 2013
Hearing disillusion made me grim like a fool

Sep 2013
superzombie23 said:
Episode saved by the Ending song which should have been the OP the whole time... They really captured the essence of the VN with the song ^.^.

lol maybe for the brain dead. For anyone with a functioning frontal lope, this was a sub par ending to a mediocre season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2014 9:25 PM

Jan 2014
Kolnikov said:
chickenonthepan said:

So, the character design is awesome then? Nobody can disagree? Is that the meaning of bait for you? It was just a commentary bro, is not a bait lol. I'm not fishing anything, and I don't have a reason to do. Do I really look like a guy who keeps trolling around?

I only see no sense in complaining about character design when the first half is over. You should complain about it in episode 1, not here...
Dec 27, 2014 9:28 PM
Nov 2013
chickenonthepan said:
Kolnikov said:

I only see no sense in complaining about character design when the first half is over. You should complain about it in episode 1, not here...

So if you think there's no sense for something, that means it's a bait? Kek. In fact, I just think while the visuals are pretty good in this episode, the character designs are worse, those blushings made even worse and it was very strange. I didn't find this problem in the past episodes. So why I can't comment on that?
Dec 27, 2014 9:29 PM

May 2012
RinArcher said:
Shintai said:
Excellent episode, tons of fun to watch. I am not gonna rate the first half o the show especially since there are going to be 90 minutes of extra content so I don't think it would be fair to do so.

This is what is confusing me right now.

Do I give the show the original rating of 8 I wanted to without the BD content, or do I stick it up to a 9 out of good faith in Ufotable with the extra 90 minutes of content missing from the TV series.

I wish there was a tagging system where I could label as "Watched BD version of X series" so I don't run into this problem.

Just do what I do if I like the show I give it a 10 if I don't I don't bother rating... who cares if I'm misleading people they should be able to make their own decisions. Plus number rating systems suck anyway.
Dec 27, 2014 9:29 PM

Sep 2013
Shintai said:
The way this first cour ended was SO MUCH BETTER than Fate/Zero. This had more of a sense of finality as opposed to F/Z which lead up to something and then just said "psyche! wait 3 months =P "

The date part of the episode was adorable, I had a cheesy grin on my face the entire time. When shit got real though, it was quite the spectacle. I really enjoyed the anime original interpretation because it made it feel more grand. Not only that but we got to see based Kirei being a fucking badass.

Largely agree with that. There was a sense of stakes being raised that was too absent in the last episode of F/Z's first half.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2014 9:30 PM

May 2014
y123y said:
I've been looking at the comments.... Asides from the ending song, which apparently has some nostalgia factor, what else did you like about this episode?

The fact the Priests aren't complaining about anything should tell you all you need to know.

The problems I personally had with it are so largely overshadowed by every thing else that was done perfectly.
Dec 27, 2014 9:30 PM

Nov 2014
speechless

everything was damn good, and i watched 2006 version

9/10

can't wait for the 2nd cour
Dec 27, 2014 9:31 PM

Jun 2009
RinArcher said:
TBH, Kolknikov does have a point; most of the characters (especially the MC of all people) seem to look hollow from the inside and out.

I honestly disagree with this, Shirou's design is pretty damn good. I like his look better than in the VN, in fact.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 27, 2014 9:31 PM

Jan 2014
Kamipriest said:
RinArcher said:

This is what is confusing me right now.

Do I give the show the original rating of 8 I wanted to without the BD content, or do I stick it up to a 9 out of good faith in Ufotable with the extra 90 minutes of content missing from the TV series.

I wish there was a tagging system where I could label as "Watched BD version of X series" so I don't run into this problem.

Just do what I do if I like the show I give it a 10 if I don't I don't bother rating... who cares if I'm misleading people they should be able to make their own decisions. Plus number rating systems suck anyway.

^This

I rate every show purely based on personal enjoyment. I don't care about "critical assessments" or whatever.
Dec 27, 2014 9:33 PM

Jan 2014
insan3Inquisitor said:
RinArcher said:
TBH, Kolknikov does have a point; most of the characters (especially the MC of all people) seem to look hollow from the inside and out.

I honestly disagree with this, Shirou's design is pretty damn good. I like his look better than in the VN, in fact.

your sarcasm detector is off?
Dec 27, 2014 9:34 PM

May 2013
y123y said:
I've been looking at the comments.... Asides from the ending song, which apparently has some nostalgia factor, what else did you like about this episode?
mostly the art, especially backgrounds during the date
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Dec 27, 2014 9:34 PM

Jun 2009
chickenonthepan said:
insan3Inquisitor said:

your sarcasm detector is off?

Maybe. I actually think he's being honest here. RinPriest hasn't been totally happy with the adaptation and I'm pretty sure he expressed dislike of the designs before.

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 27, 2014 9:35 PM

May 2012
y123y said:
RinArcher said:

This:

I liked the Archer and Kirei fighting moments, but that was short lived. DIdnt see the need for this episode to be 45 minutes long.

Rin and Shirou's relationship development
Build up to losing Saber
Shirou facing a harsh reality
Set up for the second half now that Saber has been taken
Caster's goals revealed.. the lesser grail

C'mon seriously Is all you care about the fights? Why not just wait till the AMV's of the fight scenes come out? It should be far more entertaining to you.

Anyway WRONGPRIEST... can you make me a gif?

seconds 2-6 the shielder section
I need a new sig -_-
Please and thank you
Dec 27, 2014 9:36 PM

Jan 2013
Kind of frustrating to watch, still interesting
Dec 27, 2014 9:36 PM

Jul 2012
Wait... WTF... Will the BD version have 4 additional episodes or what? Why are you talking about 90 extra minutes?
Dec 27, 2014 9:38 PM
Nov 2013
insan3Inquisitor said:
RinArcher said:

Personally, I think the faces of the characters are unfitting with the environment, which is dark and very smooth. Saber is bothering me a bit more though, because even her body looks out of proportion. I didn't like the character designs as a whole, but I guess in this episode this problem was more noticeable for me. Perhaps it's because they spent a lot doing all that stuff. I really don't know, but it felt extremely strange.
Dec 27, 2014 9:40 PM

May 2012
y123y said:

If you make the AMV's, ill give you a like on youtube. happy? :)

I'm always happy... but if I have the time to make one i'll let you know
Dec 27, 2014 9:41 PM

May 2014
Kamipriest said:

I need a new sig -_-
Please and thank you

125x100?

I must go, my fellow priest needs me.
Dec 27, 2014 9:44 PM

Sep 2014
Josephvb10 said:
Wait... WTF... Will the BD version have 4 additional episodes or what? Why are you talking about 90 extra minutes?
each episode has at least 2 scenes cut from them in order to fit the air time slot. some of the removed scenes that have been mentioned are kind of a big deal because they had some important exposition like the difference between "magecraft" and "true magic" which would have dove home how much of a threat Caster really is from her first appearance. something tells me Shirou using projection magic in the shed might even be one of the cut scenes.....
Dec 27, 2014 9:44 PM

May 2012
WrongPriest said:
Kamipriest said:

I need a new sig -_-
Please and thank you

125x100?

I must go, my fellow priest needs me.

It could be bigger as long as it's under 300 kb, but it doesn't really matter.
Thanks btw
Dec 27, 2014 9:49 PM

Jul 2011
would have figured this will happen. This isn't the Fate, which focuses more on Saber. UBW focuses more on Rin.

Aside from that. That comment on Shirou growing taller...XD. Now I wait for second cour. I want to see if the fights will be good as this cour.
Dec 27, 2014 9:49 PM

Dec 2013
shirou acting more tsuntsun than rin at the start.
hm. this series is definitely better than deen's but still inferior to zero.
that ED song though *^*
Kirei best girl <3
Dec 27, 2014 9:52 PM

Sep 2013
hhitagi said:
shirou acting more tsuntsun than rin at the start.
hm. this series is definitely better than deen's but still inferior to zero.
Kirei best girl <3

We can't compare this to zero until the series is completely finished. At best we can only compare the first cours of each. Even that is tricky because we already know F/Z turned out awesome so we have a more positive view of the first half.
Dec 27, 2014 9:53 PM

Aug 2012
Great to hear disillision in the end... So, we're now waiting for a couple of months. :(
Dec 27, 2014 9:53 PM

Feb 2014
This falls way short of Fate Zero, decent effort but it felt like the battle royale was second to the slice of life of the two main characters. It could of done without all the one hour special episodes to cut out some of the fluff that would have improved the pacing.

7.5/10
Dec 27, 2014 9:54 PM

Sep 2013

Can't believe we gotta wait until April now
;_;
Dec 27, 2014 9:55 PM

Jan 2014
eXtacy67 said:
This falls way short of Fate Zero, decent effort but it felt like the battle royale was second to the slice of life of the two main characters. It could of done without all the one hour special episodes to cut out some of the fluff that would have improved the pacing.

7.5/10

Yeah, FZ has no SoL or whatever. I wonder did we watch the same FZ?
Dec 27, 2014 9:56 PM
Oct 2014
Wait where is the 90 mins of extra footage mention? How can there be 90 mins of extra footage in the first cour anyways. I can understand if its 9 extra mins did someone add an extra 0 at the end of the 9?
Dec 27, 2014 9:57 PM

Apr 2010
Even though I know what's going to happen :

That cliffhanger, though?
Dec 27, 2014 9:57 PM

Jan 2014
forestgreen said:
Wait where is the 90 mins of extra footage mention? How can there be 90 mins of extra footage in the first cour anyways. I can understand if its 9 extra mins did someone add an extra 0 at the end of the 9?

About 5 mins being cut each episode.

13 X 5 = 65

And we have a little more, I suppose.
Dec 27, 2014 9:58 PM

May 2014
forestgreen said:

Nope 90 XD

Spread out among the 13 episodes.

Sep 2009
I have never had as many chills as I did at the end of this episode when Disillusion came on. And then I got even more when I realized it was LiSA singing.

20/10.

Heaviest dose of nostalgia ever.

Sep 2014
forestgreen said:
each episode has 1-2 scenes(at least) cut from them to fit withing the air time slot
Dec 27, 2014 9:59 PM

Jul 2013
4 fucking months.
I should've waited more to start this series.
Dec 27, 2014 10:01 PM

Aug 2010
Loved that extra bit with Kotomine.

4 month wait for the second half now. That time will be needed though since it will take a hell a lot of budget for season 2 considering all the action we'll be getting.
Dec 27, 2014 10:10 PM

Jul 2013
Ohhh that freakin sucks, I have to wait till April of next year.... Man Ufotable, why you do this to me? Your godlike animation and art on the water scenes, the city at the end and highly background detailed on those "dating" scenes were just OMG. I can't even explain it.

Those PV's for the next scene has so much hyped. I will be patient until it will air once again.

Dec 27, 2014 10:13 PM
Dec 2014
more kirei fighting please...
and how is based kirei even bleeding.
Dec 27, 2014 10:13 PM

Jun 2013
Oh boy, waiting until April is going to suck. But it's probably worth it to give Ufotable more time.

I didn't even notice that this was a 45+ min episode until about 40 min in when I looked at my clock XD.

What the heck, Assassin just got it chest ripped apart and he stands up like nothing happened o_o.

I was so surprised when I heard the first lyrics to "This Illusion" at the end. Such a nice treat to end off with.
Dec 27, 2014 10:18 PM

Apr 2012
About Taiga (Zero spoilers):

By the way, despite how silly Taiga seems, she was a top-notch kendo swordsman in her school days, and is in fact canonically at the same skill level as the mighty Ryougi Shiki from Kara no Kyoukai! If only we get some anime-original scene demonstrating her actually being a pretty awesome fighter for a muggle human, instead of either joking around or being targeted by supernatural beings!
Pages (56) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

707 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 14, 1:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.